Sneeze Fetish Forum

Lousy Coffee || Bridges Burning (comic)

Nova

Aww, poor Tege.  I understand where she was coming from (at least I think I do, from your cute explanation comic).  Sanjit, too.  Your characters are always so complex and wonderful.  And I love that this emotional conversation is happening and it's tense and deep... and Sanjit has to keep reaching for a tissue.  Such a nice dynamic between a great story and that hurt/comfort goodness. :D 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Sanjit... you are such a dork... :nosad: If I was Tege, I don't know if I would help you when you start feeling worse...

I'm laughing a little, because yes, Sanjit is being somewhat of an emotionally manipulative ass (deliberately or not) but when we wrote this my feelings were closer to "He's riiiiight BAWL BAWL!" (and they still pretty much are...)

Anyway, page seven and eight! Tege's finally talking, being emotional all over his business, and since I wrote her dialogue it might be a little incoherent and odd. A pretty important detail to me is that he gave her the thumb ring she's spinning in panel three, page seven. (Also, the toxin induced confusion she's talking about in the last panel is a reference to when her poisonous monster plant hung her up side down from the ceiling and tried to eat her. She was a bit out of it at the time...)

Page 1Page 2
Page 3Page 4
Page 5Page 6 
Page 7Page 8 (both new!)

(Summary:
Part 1 • Part 2 • Part 3 )

Okay, it's your character, so I'm ready to trust your judgement. :lol: It's probably just that everyone of us wants to console poor crying Tege and want to take her under our wings. I can only blame you for painting her despair so perfectly. ;)

In other word - thank you for the update! (although bad me is looking forward to Sanjit getting worse - well... if that should happen... ^^)

I agree with what Hedgie said! I think I just feel sad for Tege :lol: Either way, I'm loving this story line and am eagerly awaiting more! 

Heart. Throbbing. Need. Hug. Also. Cold shower. GOOD. FUCKING. GRIEF. OH. MY. WORD. MAAAAAAN. JUST. EVEN. NO. WUT. GAH.

Teeeeeeeege! Poor babe. I died at her little floompf to the floor.

Also 'not now, obviously'- who d'you think you're kidding, Sanjit, 'cause none of us here are buying that one. Especially when you're being drawn so dang well. Rar.

Also also I felt personally victimised by that last panel of page 5. Nnnghhh.

My absolute favorite thing about Tege (aside from that gorgeous sexy hair) is the gap in her teeth, I love the close up.  Again atmosphere is perfect, the subtle colors, the jewelry cases and lightning are mesmerizing.   So much has been said about your hands but Tege fiddling with the ring as she talks just speaks to me because I (and I think many people) often play with our fingers when we're nervous or upset.  UGH NOVA JUST :heart:

Okay, look out, here comes megacomment pt. 2 comin' atcha! I'm sort of glad I'm commenting on these next four pages all at once, because they have such big feeeels contained within them, and the way they work together is really, really lovely. The tension is totally palpable, to the point that I getting sympathy anxiety just reading through it (a good thing), which says a lot about the source material, but also very much about your ability to preserve and translate these feelings into another medium. I will probably sound like a blockhead trying to elaborate much on the subject, but the size and placement of your panels, and the way you choose to frame things add soooooo much to the pacing of everything. It something that seems like it should be easy, but in practice i know is very difficult to do well, and you do it so, sooo well. :heart:

Here are my fave parts of each:

Page 5: WELP THE LAST PANEL FOR ONE. That is what jumped out at me first bc it is something for the books, let me tell you what. That nose scrunched so high and those irritated tears, aggh, stop it seriously. The whole third panel -- all teeth and claws hands -- is very pretty also. Panel two is cracking me up, I love it. And panel 5 is a lovely visual rendition of one of my favorite Sanjit lines. So sassy!

Page 6: This page pulls at my heart! I think I've mentioned this before, but there are some things about Tege that I relate very closely to. The moment where she "poff"s on the ground feels like one I could place myself in very easily, and I think many other people could also. It resonates, which is what good art and fiction should do, so bravo! Also, the sort of bird's eye view in the last panel gives a nice grounding of environment back to the scene, and makes me wanna scope out some pawn shop treasures *u*

Page 7: Another tearjerker! The layout of this page is my favorite of these four, I think, because there's a sense of tumbling into an apology here that, again, feels almost too real. I appreciate especially the last two panels, for their emotional punch: Sanjit's outwardly aloof but still listening profile, and then Tege's tearstained cheek. There's so much happening that one could almost forget about the fetishy angle of things, but that nose in panel four is a very nice reminder. 

Page 8: Again, the narrative kind of powers over my emotions here, and it's hard to parse my thoughts out aside from "Tege ahh no stop noo my heart ca't take it!" Raw, guilty sadness is not a pretty thing to witness or to feel, and you captured both points of view so effectively it hurts. Which is, again, a good thing, and leaves me in awe about how these characters can exist in your style without suffering any dilutions that a less-developed style might impose. It's so cool, such a treat to look at, and really speaks so much of your skill. Why u so cool Nova? Tell meeee.

Anyway, those are my probably-not-very-coherent thoughts. You are a shining star (a supernova even!!!??), and I can't wait for more :3

Well... it's like, one of my favourite things about this game was that it was a good grayscale. Both are a little right and a little wrong and everything is difficult. I'm just more prone to think the other character makes more sense than my own ouo; Tege does put up a pretty powerfully pathetic display though, it's true. Too bad she's likely to throw hissy fits if anyone tries to hug her, most of the time. No Touch, man. No touch...

(Also, meeps, you golden star of warm feels <3)

Page nine and ten, more deep sob talk from Tege. With "before I knew anything" she means it was before she knew what he was, because she pinned him as human at first.

Page 1Page 2
Page 3Page 4
Page 5Page 6 
Page 7Page 8 
Page 9Page 10 (both new!)

(Summary:
Part 1 • Part 2 • Part 3 )

I really want to make a in depth focused comment but I cannot get passed the 1st panel of page 10 where Tege is crying.  The tears on her face, so soft yet such an emotional impact behind them.  You are divine Nova.

Such a nice update! Those tears are so soft and convey such emotion! Ahhhh!

Yes, yes... Tege here, Tege there... (old story already - haha - joking, it's still very good! ;)) But... poor Sanjit is exhausted and has to sit down? :huh: 

SAAAAANJIIIIT 

He's too goddamn much, Nova. I just... it... HE... GAHD :dribble:

It's his facial expressions. I mean HOW? You! AUGH! 

Just. FFS. This is so good. 

Wow, the updates are amazing! I know I've already said it, but Sanjit's hands are wonderful...

54 minutes ago, SneezyHolmes said:

That second panel on page 12 is just too much too handle!

My thoughts, exactly. I'm not sure I've completely recovered from it... Thank you so much for this astounding work!

I feel you Sanjit.....i feel that illness too. Poor thing. I love Tege's expression when he sneezed.

Well, I love the first two panels in page 11 the most where Sanjit puts his hand on his own forehead. Headaches? Fever? Poor thing... :(

2 hours ago, ZombieArty22 said:

I feel you Sanjit.....i feel that illness too. Poor thing. I love Tege's expression when he sneezed.

Indeed! This shocked expression? And the "oh..." That's just great! :lol:

Archived