• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noseandtoes

• AntheaHolmes

• uwus and love

• kiku

Firstly: not one but two chapters?? Two??? I feel blessed. 

second: the delicately subtle way she takes care of him with something as simple as moving feathers? Like. What? 

third: finally they kiss. Cant wait to see what happens next. And I truly wish it involves feathers. 

thanks for the update :) it’s beautifully perfect as always. And I eagerly await the next chapter. 

I re-read the last two chapters like three times already and I would love to see Peter and Emilia together and happy and sneezy. Maybe some pet/dander allergies for him, as you mentioned in the last chapter. Would be gorgeous as I'm also allergic to dogs and cats. It's such a tricky allergy because people carry their dogs around everywhere. So maybe also to that conference Peter is attending. Nevertheless, this fic is AMAZING!!! I love, love, love it! So gorgeous and sexy. Please continue.

(A/N: E+P)

His lips were soft and gentle against hers, just pressing with the slightest hint of urgency. Cupping the side of her face, he found his other arm sliding to the small of her back where he found himself ever-so-subtly bringing her closer to him.

Emilia, her heart crashing within her more than ever before, leaned up into the kiss, adoring his lips on hers, adoring when she felt their noses side by side. His nose was hot, and she could feel the breath leave his nostrils and fall onto her face as he sighed.

After a moment that ended too soon for the both of them, he pulled away from her, taking a deep breath.  Still holding her face in his hand, he searched her eyes.

“Have I crossed a line?” he asked quietly, though not letting her go.

Emilia shook her head as she looked up at him. “No,” she whispered.

For a moment they were both silent.

“I understand how…unprofessional it is of me…” he said.

“We left the realm of professionalism last night when we got into the same bed as each other.” she teased, nodding her head towards the bed.

“Well, I suppose you’re right…”

“Not to mention…” She felt herself blush. “The way in which I…assist you could be seen as…somewhat unprofessional…”

Dr. Caldwell nodded, contemplating what she said. As though on cue, his nose twitched. “Emilia, I can’t…even begin to tell you,” he began, color filling his cheeks, “how long that has been on my mind…wanting to kiss you.”

“It hasn’t only been on your mind,” she replied, letting her eyes wander over his lips.

“Is that so?” Dr. Caldwell answered softly, a soft smile playing around the corners of his mouth. “Well then.”

Emilia found herself leaning her head against his chest again, feeling his arms wrap around her. She felt his cheek against her hair, nuzzling ever-so gently. Was this what heaven felt like?

And then… Emilia felt the familiar rise and fall of his chest that indicated something was happening. Dr. Caldwell inhaled a shaky breath, before turning his head completely away from her. “Hehh…hehhh…oh…dear…hehhhh….hehhhhh…”

She looked back up at him, seeing his eyes glaze over in allergic bleariness. His nose swelled as his nostrils widened, reddening, wiggling.

“Still from…the feather?” She dared to say the word in the midst of his build-up.

Distracted, he felt his arms loosen from around her as the tickle in his nose grew. Disappointed that he released her, she took solace in the fact that he was itchy again. 

“Y-yehhh…yehhhh…” he tried. “Hehhh…HEHHH…” He struggled with the tickle, his breathing shallow, his chest almost bouncing with his hitches. And of course, his nose, quivering with the intensity of the itch caused by the exposure to a feather.

“I take it you are…” She placed her hands on his shoulders, standing on her toes to whisper in his ear, “allergic to feathers?”

He felt her soft voice in his ear and he erupted in goosebumps. He caught her arm and nodded, allergic tears now flowing down his face. “Ugh…hehhhh…hahhhhh…hahhhh….HAHHH…y-yes I…aaaahhhhhhh…

Emilia pulled the handkerchief out of his breast pocket and dabbed at his cheeks.

“Hehhh…HEHHHH…” he quivered.

“Wow…” she whispered to herself, utterly in awe of how grand this build-up was turning out to be. Would he ever be relieved, or was he to be stuck in tickly torture for…who knew how long? The suspenseful tension had her on the edge of her seat.

“Y-yes I…I…hehhhh…HEHHHH…” He still continued to attempt to finish telling her what she already knew, through breathy hitches, convulsing nostrils, and half-closed eyes.

“You are,” she finished for him, playfully, unabashedly ogling the colossal nose that was before her. It seemed to grow larger with every hitch, his nostrils flaring, scrunching up to reveal the dark, irritated caverns of his sinuses.

His mouth hung open, his lips trembling just as much as his nose.

“HEHHHH…HEHHHH….HEHHHH…!”

His nose ran slightly, down onto his upper lip with was now fully curled upwards. Daring, Emilia dabbed there, too.

“I-I-It’s c-c-c-coming…! HEHHHH…HEHHH… I’m…HEHHH…g-g-going t-to….HEHHHH…HEHHHHHH….I n-n-need t-t-to…HEHHHHH….HEHHHHHH…sn-sneehhhh…HEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH….!!”

Emilia could only remain speechless.

SNEEEEEEEEZEEEEEEECCCCCCHHHEWWWWWW!!!!” Dr. Caldwell doubled forward, bent at the waist, and, not for the first time in his life, sneezed into Emilia’s shoulder.

She caught him, her arms around him in an instant. She caressed the back of his head as his nose recuperated against her.

“Ughh…” she heard muffled in her shoulder. “Hehhh…ugh…”

Emilia closed her eyes as she felt him against her, nearly dizzy herself from that performance.

“Okay there, sneezy?” she teased, hugging him tighter to her. She felt his nose still slightly pulsing against her shoulder, hitches emerging from his throat. She wished she could just hold him like this for hours, allowing him whatever he needed to relieve himself of the tickle.

After a moment, Dr. Caldwell straightened upright again. His nose was bright red, and he sniffled. And sniffled. And sniffled. Before he said a word, he took the handkerchief from Emilia and wiped his nose. For a moment he held it under his nostrils, unsure.

“Hehhh…” His eyes squeezed shut again. “HEEEEESSSCHEWWWWW!!”

“Dr.—”

He held a finger up to her. “HEEEESSSSCCCHEWWWW!! HEEESSSSCHEWWW!!!” Muffling the sneezes in his handkerchief, he half turned from Emilia, feeling his nose continue to tremble. “HEEEESSSSCHHEWWW!! HHAAAAEESSSCHEWWW!! HAAEEEESCCCHHHEWWWWW!!!”

He exhaled. “Oh…” he said, wiping his nose again. “Oh, goodness…ugh…” He swiped at his red-rimmed nostrils, flexing his nose as he did. “Oh…”

Turning back towards Emilia, she had seated herself on the edge of the bed, her face just as red as his nose.

“Yes, Emilia,” Dr. Caldwell said at last, still wiping. “I am very allergic to feathers.”

“I’ll say,” Emilia mouthed, her eyebrows raised in amazement.

He sat himself next to her. “And that is why I am grateful you schemed and switched around those pillows when my back was turned.” He laughed softly. “I’d have woken you right up.” He nudged her.

“Oh, I wouldn’t have minded…”

“Somehow…I knew you would say that.”

Emilia turned her head to him as they sat side by side. The profile of his nose was just as gorgeous as it was when looking at him straight on. She yearned to just trail her finger from the space between his eyebrows down across the bridge of his long nose, down his septum, and back up again. He glanced at her staring at his nose, distracted it seemed.

As though to test a theory, he slowly scrunched his nose, wiggling it in a circle. He grinned to himself as he saw Emilia’s eyes widen, mesmerized. Could it be possible they were this…compatible? Retesting, he flexed his nostrils, pretending he didn’t see Emilia watching him. He also pretended to not hear the longing sigh that came from her as he moved his nose around.

Though, these movements brought on another subtle tickle. Not as dangerous as the first one, merely a subsequent consequence of the earlier fit.

“T-tickle is b-bahhhh back,” he said quietly, offering Emilia the handkerchief. “Y-your...hehhh…turn. R…ruhhh…hehh…rub it…hehhh…rub it out for me?” He must enjoy her getting the sneeze out for him just as much as she did. His heart thumped in his chest as he eagerly awaited her expertise.

“With pleasure,” she replied smiling, beginning to softly massage his nose. She began with his nostrils, slightly flaring and quivering. She traced them, watching as his entire nose moved as they were tickled. She took her fingers and massaged both openings at the same time, loving when he subconsciously moved his head in closer to her hand.

“Oh…no, n-no…Emilia…hehhh…” She folded up one corner of the handkerchief into a point, and slowly inserted it into his nostril. “Hehhh….! Hehhh…! The…the plehhhh…pleasure i-is…is…hehhh…all…hehhhhh…” She grazed the inside of his nose delicately, her left hand on his back and right hand with his nose.

“Is…all…hehhhh…hehhh…

She tickled further, tracing and teasing.

“The pleasure is all…HEHHHH…!!”

Then, allowing the handkerchief point to travel even further up—

HAAAAAAESSSSSCHEWWWW!!!”

Emilia dabbed at the corners of his fleshy nose before returning the cloth to him. Dr. Caldwell wiped his eyes and blinked. He adjusted his glasses and took a breath before turning to face her.

“The pleasure is all mine,” he finished at last.

“Not all,” she replied smiling at him.

Dr. Caldwell shook his head at her and returned her smirk. “Hm.”

They looked at each other with a yearning in both of their eyes. After a pause, Dr. Caldwell took Emilia’s hand in his. “May I…may I kiss you again, Emilia?”

Emilia’s breath caught. “You may, Dr. Caldwell.” And she raised her lips to meet his, fraught with eager anticipation.

They slowly kissed each other, his hands finding her hair, her arms around him. Slowly, and just for a moment, before he again pulled away, finding himself dazed.

“I’m afraid, Emilia,” he said, still stroking her hair, “That I found something I think I like more than you…helping me.”

“Well, sir,” she said, bringing her face close to his, almost so their noses were touching at the tips. Dr. Caldwell was nearly intoxicated at her proximity. Should she ask for anything he would give it to her. “That only adds to the fun, doesn’t it?” She raised her lips to his nose and just gently kissed the very top of it.

Dr. Caldwell audibly moaned, and Emilia giggled lightly.

“Careful now,” he said after a moment, “The conference is in...” He checked his watch and quickly stood up. “Oh, dammit! We need to leave now!” He hurried about the room gathering his materials.

Emilia helped him, as she realized just how much they had distracted each other this morning.

Dr. Caldwell held the door for her as they hastened out of the room. Luckily, the conference was being held in the same hotel in which they were staying, hence the overbooking of personnel fiasco.

“I have to go take my place on the panel,” he said as he leaned his head down towards her. “There is a reserved seat in the audience for you.” He gave her a smile.

“Thank you, Dr. Caldwell.”

He looked down at her. “Let’s try…Peter.”

She beamed. “Peter.”

Already colleagues were approaching the renowned Dr. Peter Caldwell to shake his hand and say hello. Emilia watched in wonder as he was flocked to, a true merit to his field. Entering into the room, she found her seat and settled in.

Dr. Caldwell sat upon the stage, looking flushed, but whether it was from his allergies, or their…fun earlier, was hard to tell.

The conference began, a speaker spoke, and Emilia, besotted with the man who kissed her, twirled a feather between her fingers.

@Noseandtoes I will never get over his fits and how she cares for him. I will NEVER get over her inducing him. And now knowing he loves how she takes care of him … I can’t take it. 

You are giving these chapters out like presents, and I am here for it. Forever. 

3 hours ago, Noseandtoes said:

(A/N: E+P)

His lips were soft and gentle against hers, just pressing with the slightest hint of urgency. Cupping the side of her face, he found his other arm sliding to the small of her back where he found himself ever-so-subtly bringing her closer to him.

Emilia, her heart crashing within her more than ever before, leaned up into the kiss, adoring his lips on hers, adoring when she felt their noses side by side. His nose was hot, and she could feel the breath leave his nostrils and fall onto her face as he sighed.

After a moment that ended too soon for the both of them, he pulled away from her, taking a deep breath.  Still holding her face in his hand, he searched her eyes.

“Have I crossed a line?” he asked quietly, though not letting her go.

Emilia shook her head as she looked up at him. “No,” she whispered.

For a moment they were both silent.

“I understand how…unprofessional it is of me…” he said.

“We left the realm of professionalism last night when we got into the same bed as each other.” she teased, nodding her head towards the bed.

“Well, I suppose you’re right…”

“Not to mention…” She felt herself blush. “The way in which I…assist you could be seen as…somewhat unprofessional…”

Dr. Caldwell nodded, contemplating what she said. As though on cue, his nose twitched. “Emilia, I can’t…even begin to tell you,” he began, color filling his cheeks, “how long that has been on my mind…wanting to kiss you.”

“It hasn’t only been on your mind,” she replied, letting her eyes wander over his lips.

“Is that so?” Dr. Caldwell answered softly, a soft smile playing around the corners of his mouth. “Well then.”

Emilia found herself leaning her head against his chest again, feeling his arms wrap around her. She felt his cheek against her hair, nuzzling ever-so gently. Was this what heaven felt like?

And then… Emilia felt the familiar rise and fall of his chest that indicated something was happening. Dr. Caldwell inhaled a shaky breath, before turning his head completely away from her. “Hehh…hehhh…oh…dear…hehhhh….hehhhhh…”

She looked back up at him, seeing his eyes glaze over in allergic bleariness. His nose swelled as his nostrils widened, reddening, wiggling.

“Still from…the feather?” She dared to say the word in the midst of his build-up.

Distracted, he felt his arms loosen from around her as the tickle in his nose grew. Disappointed that he released her, she took solace in the fact that he was itchy again. 

“Y-yehhh…yehhhh…” he tried. “Hehhh…HEHHH…” He struggled with the tickle, his breathing shallow, his chest almost bouncing with his hitches. And of course, his nose, quivering with the intensity of the itch caused by the exposure to a feather.

“I take it you are…” She placed her hands on his shoulders, standing on her toes to whisper in his ear, “allergic to feathers?”

He felt her soft voice in his ear and he erupted in goosebumps. He caught her arm and nodded, allergic tears now flowing down his face. “Ugh…hehhhh…hahhhhh…hahhhh….HAHHH…y-yes I…aaaahhhhhhh…

Emilia pulled the handkerchief out of his breast pocket and dabbed at his cheeks.

“Hehhh…HEHHHH…” he quivered.

“Wow…” she whispered to herself, utterly in awe of how grand this build-up was turning out to be. Would he ever be relieved, or was he to be stuck in tickly torture for…who knew how long? The suspenseful tension had her on the edge of her seat.

“Y-yes I…I…hehhhh…HEHHHH…” He still continued to attempt to finish telling her what she already knew, through breathy hitches, convulsing nostrils, and half-closed eyes.

“You are,” she finished for him, playfully, unabashedly ogling the colossal nose that was before her. It seemed to grow larger with every hitch, his nostrils flaring, scrunching up to reveal the dark, irritated caverns of his sinuses.

His mouth hung open, his lips trembling just as much as his nose.

“HEHHHH…HEHHHH….HEHHHH…!”

His nose ran slightly, down onto his upper lip with was now fully curled upwards. Daring, Emilia dabbed there, too.

“I-I-It’s c-c-c-coming…! HEHHHH…HEHHH… I’m…HEHHH…g-g-going t-to….HEHHHH…HEHHHHHH….I n-n-need t-t-to…HEHHHHH….HEHHHHHH…sn-sneehhhh…HEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH….!!”

Emilia could only remain speechless.

SNEEEEEEEEZEEEEEEECCCCCCHHHEWWWWWW!!!!” Dr. Caldwell doubled forward, bent at the waist, and, not for the first time in his life, sneezed into Emilia’s shoulder.

She caught him, her arms around him in an instant. She caressed the back of his head as his nose recuperated against her.

“Ughh…” she heard muffled in her shoulder. “Hehhh…ugh…”

Emilia closed her eyes as she felt him against her, nearly dizzy herself from that performance.

“Okay there, sneezy?” she teased, hugging him tighter to her. She felt his nose still slightly pulsing against her shoulder, hitches emerging from his throat. She wished she could just hold him like this for hours, allowing him whatever he needed to relieve himself of the tickle.

After a moment, Dr. Caldwell straightened upright again. His nose was bright red, and he sniffled. And sniffled. And sniffled. Before he said a word, he took the handkerchief from Emilia and wiped his nose. For a moment he held it under his nostrils, unsure.

“Hehhh…” His eyes squeezed shut again. “HEEEEESSSCHEWWWWW!!”

“Dr.—”

He held a finger up to her. “HEEEESSSSCCCHEWWWW!! HEEESSSSCHEWWW!!!” Muffling the sneezes in his handkerchief, he half turned from Emilia, feeling his nose continue to tremble. “HEEEESSSSCHHEWWW!! HHAAAAEESSSCHEWWW!! HAAEEEESCCCHHHEWWWWW!!!”

He exhaled. “Oh…” he said, wiping his nose again. “Oh, goodness…ugh…” He swiped at his red-rimmed nostrils, flexing his nose as he did. “Oh…”

Turning back towards Emilia, she had seated herself on the edge of the bed, her face just as red as his nose.

“Yes, Emilia,” Dr. Caldwell said at last, still wiping. “I am very allergic to feathers.”

“I’ll say,” Emilia mouthed, her eyebrows raised in amazement.

He sat himself next to her. “And that is why I am grateful you schemed and switched around those pillows when my back was turned.” He laughed softly. “I’d have woken you right up.” He nudged her.

“Oh, I wouldn’t have minded…”

“Somehow…I knew you would say that.”

Emilia turned her head to him as they sat side by side. The profile of his nose was just as gorgeous as it was when looking at him straight on. She yearned to just trail her finger from the space between his eyebrows down across the bridge of his long nose, down his septum, and back up again. He glanced at her staring at his nose, distracted it seemed.

As though to test a theory, he slowly scrunched his nose, wiggling it in a circle. He grinned to himself as he saw Emilia’s eyes widen, mesmerized. Could it be possible they were this…compatible? Retesting, he flexed his nostrils, pretending he didn’t see Emilia watching him. He also pretended to not hear the longing sigh that came from her as he moved his nose around.

Though, these movements brought on another subtle tickle. Not as dangerous as the first one, merely a subsequent consequence of the earlier fit.

“T-tickle is b-bahhhh back,” he said quietly, offering Emilia the handkerchief. “Y-your...hehhh…turn. R…ruhhh…hehh…rub it…hehhh…rub it out for me?” He must enjoy her getting the sneeze out for him just as much as she did. His heart thumped in his chest as he eagerly awaited her expertise.

“With pleasure,” she replied smiling, beginning to softly massage his nose. She began with his nostrils, slightly flaring and quivering. She traced them, watching as his entire nose moved as they were tickled. She took her fingers and massaged both openings at the same time, loving when he subconsciously moved his head in closer to her hand.

“Oh…no, n-no…Emilia…hehhh…” She folded up one corner of the handkerchief into a point, and slowly inserted it into his nostril. “Hehhh….! Hehhh…! The…the plehhhh…pleasure i-is…is…hehhh…all…hehhhhh…” She grazed the inside of his nose delicately, her left hand on his back and right hand with his nose.

“Is…all…hehhhh…hehhh…

She tickled further, tracing and teasing.

“The pleasure is all…HEHHHH…!!”

Then, allowing the handkerchief point to travel even further up—

HAAAAAAESSSSSCHEWWWW!!!”

Emilia dabbed at the corners of his fleshy nose before returning the cloth to him. Dr. Caldwell wiped his eyes and blinked. He adjusted his glasses and took a breath before turning to face her.

“The pleasure is all mine,” he finished at last.

“Not all,” she replied smiling at him.

Dr. Caldwell shook his head at her and returned her smirk. “Hm.”

They looked at each other with a yearning in both of their eyes. After a pause, Dr. Caldwell took Emilia’s hand in his. “May I…may I kiss you again, Emilia?”

Emilia’s breath caught. “You may, Dr. Caldwell.” And she raised her lips to meet his, fraught with eager anticipation.

They slowly kissed each other, his hands finding her hair, her arms around him. Slowly, and just for a moment, before he again pulled away, finding himself dazed.

“I’m afraid, Emilia,” he said, still stroking her hair, “That I found something I think I like more than you…helping me.”

“Well, sir,” she said, bringing her face close to his, almost so their noses were touching at the tips. Dr. Caldwell was nearly intoxicated at her proximity. Should she ask for anything he would give it to her. “That only adds to the fun, doesn’t it?” She raised her lips to his nose and just gently kissed the very top of it.

Dr. Caldwell audibly moaned, and Emilia giggled lightly.

“Careful now,” he said after a moment, “The conference is in...” He checked his watch and quickly stood up. “Oh, dammit! We need to leave now!” He hurried about the room gathering his materials.

Emilia helped him, as she realized just how much they had distracted each other this morning.

Dr. Caldwell held the door for her as they hastened out of the room. Luckily, the conference was being held in the same hotel in which they were staying, hence the overbooking of personnel fiasco.

“I have to go take my place on the panel,” he said as he leaned his head down towards her. “There is a reserved seat in the audience for you.” He gave her a smile.

“Thank you, Dr. Caldwell.”

He looked down at her. “Let’s try…Peter.”

She beamed. “Peter.”

Already colleagues were approaching the renowned Dr. Peter Caldwell to shake his hand and say hello. Emilia watched in wonder as he was flocked to, a true merit to his field. Entering into the room, she found her seat and settled in.

Dr. Caldwell sat upon the stage, looking flushed, but whether it was from his allergies, or their…fun earlier, was hard to tell.

The conference began, a speaker spoke, and Emilia, besotted with the man who kissed her, twirled a feather between her fingers.

@Noseandtoes This is pure perfection! Oh how I adore these two! Everything was wonderful to read about them. The characters, the story itself. The sneezes and build-ups, how you described his nose and sneezes, the staring of Emilia.

It was PERFECT!

Ooooooooh. More more more. I can’t imagine the fun they’ll have now that he has an inkling of her… fascination. And I can just see him having an allergy attack during this conference that she has to rescue him from. (Hint hint if you haven’t already written something please?) 

as always, incredibly well written. Perfect. Thanks :) 

Ahh I’ve literally been waiting for this for years!! I’m so happy for them!! I love how Caldwell moves his nose in purpose when he starts figuring out that she’s into it. I know it’s not popular with everyone but as long as it’s well received a characters fetish being revealed is one of my favorite things in fics. 

Love, love love! You're a great writer and this is one of my favourite stories I've read on here in a long time! Thank you ❤️ 

OP, I would like to inform you that I have joked to myself in past years that the real fetish fantasy (to me) is getting a job in scientific research, which I have now... done??? It's not that this story made me get a research job, but it certainly is very nice to have been inspired by it. and thank you for all your hard work and creativity. I am living for al of these updates lately. Your ability to weave words together is so, so admirable and I love your writing style :)

this story is so good!!!! I have been riveted by all of your words in all of their order and their beauty and their magnetism!!! there's only ONE BED! What more could I ask for????

anyways, thanks for the inspiration. I am kind of like Emilia now, except without the extremely cute boss.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

(A/N: Lotta self-indulgence in this one).

Emilia sat in the audience, feeling her heart flutter within her. Her stomach felt as though it were in nervous little knots as she watched Dr. Caldwell—Peter—on the stage, seemingly unable to take her eyes off of him.

She felt an elation rise in her chest as she saw his eyes wandering away from the speaker to hers, carefully looking over her face, and giving her a soft, nearly undetectable smile before returning his attention to the podium. She felt as though they were sharing some kind of secret communication right out in the open. Dr. Caldwell too, felt the thrill of their newfound altered companionship. He felt the warmth spread through him as he looked towards Emilia in the audience, her gaze for him only. He felt the distraction that came with thinking about her, the memorable morning they shared muting the words of the speaker he was supposed to be listening to. Beyond the muffle of empiric evidence being introduced by another member of the panel, Dr. Caldwell’s mind swirled with the memory of Emilia’s lips on his, her arms and hands on him…on his nose.

He let his eyes meet hers once more. Crossing his legs and shifting in his chair, he turned his head towards the speaker so that his profile was facing Emilia.

Feeling the nerves in her stomach erupt again, Emilia’s breath slightly quickened. And ever-so-slowly, Dr. Caldwell flared his nostrils before wiggling it in a small circle. To anyone else, it would be nothing to notice, but both Dr. Caldwell and Emilia knew better. He placed his hand on his mouth as though in deep thought regarding the speaker, then moved one finger to brush up under his nose. He flared his nostrils again in false irritation, before turning his head slightly back in Emilia’s direction and arching his eyebrow at her.

Teasing. It seemed that Dr. Caldwell had deduced very quickly that as his nose teased him, it, in turn, teased Emilia. It was an interesting dynamic, one that both Dr. Caldwell and Emilia seemed to very much benefit from. With every twitch, every flare, every pulse that threatened a sneeze, Emilia felt the same anticipation, the same teasing desire for the conclusion to the taunting. As his nose burned, so did she. As his nose bothered him, so was she bothered.

Dr. Caldwell looked straight at her again and ran his finger under his nose.

Emilia pursed her lips and sat back in her chair. After a moment of looking at each other, Dr. Caldwell sat back in his chair as well attempting to give his genuine attention to the information being presented. Members of the panel nodded along to the speaker, and for a while it seemed that Dr. Caldwell too, became absorbed in the lecture.

That was another fascinating thing for Emilia to witness; his absolute astuteness, the way she could see his mind wrapping around the information he heard, the way he consulted his material and seemed to nod in confirmation to a fact, and the way he took his own notes, diligently noting that which he deemed most important. After a few moments he sat back again, setting his pen down.

“…which has been demonstrated to us through the extensive and thorough research that has been conducted by Dr. Peter Caldwell, who we are all lucky enough to have joining us on this panel this morning.” The speaker paused and gestured to the end of the panel where Dr. Caldwell sat. “It is through Dr. Caldwell’s meticulous and curious designs and forward thinking that this subject has had the immense breakthroughs and impact that it has in our field.”

Dr. Caldwell smiled at his colleague.

“As many of you all know, Dr. Caldwell’s textbook is the one that is preferred in many, many universities around the country. I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say what an honor it is to have your ideas and ingenuity a part of our field. Please, stand up and be recognized.”

The audience erupted in applause, as Dr. Caldwell stood up and nodded to the crowd in humble modesty, mouthing “thank you” multiple times as the audience too, stood to praise him. Emilia felt the buzz of the crowd around her and found an immense pride fill her to the brim. What an amazing man to share company with. She almost couldn’t believe that she was the one who had the pleasure to accompany him. It was she with whom Dr. Caldwell shared a very distinct and special relationship. The smartest man in the room, the one with whom everyone wanted an audience, a collaboration, a citation on their papers…Emilia was the one with whom he wanted an audience.

Emilia stood up in amazement to applause along with the enthusiastic crowd. Dr. Caldwell continued to say his thanks yous and look to his colleagues in the audience before finding Emilia among the faces. He smiled at her, feeling the warmth exude from her and into his heart, fueling his own adulation of her.

She raised her hands up towards him as her applause continued.

And there she remembered what she held between her fingers. There she stood, waving in front of her, one of the feathers from the morning.

Dr. Caldwell’s gaze immediately zeroed in on the delicate object swaying in front of him, albeit at a distance. Parting his lips he felt his nose twitch, this time independent of any autonomous decision he made. And Emilia, knowing this nose like the back of her hand, immediately noticed the difference.

In him the look of the feather, fluffy and fragile, swaying in the air before Emilia’s face, ignited deep within his nose the itch from earlier in the morning threatening to make an allergic mess of him. He felt a small, though noticeable tickle, and he at once brought his fingers to his face in an attempt to quietly quell it. Using his index finger and his thumb he swiped at his nostrils, growing an ever-lovely shade of red. Flexing his nose, he sniffed.

Emilia saw his observation and immediately lowered her hands so that the feather was hidden from him. She looked up at him in worry, but Dr. Caldwell just shook his head at her with a playful smile on his lips, indicating what Emilia already knew: it was too late.

Dr. Caldwell took out his handkerchief as he returned nodding to the crowd, scrubbing at his nose hidden behind the cloth. Emilia watched him carefully, watching the rise and fall of his chest that he tried to conceal behind a folder.

Sitting down as the audience subsided, he leaned into his microphone. “Thank you, all, I…I am…hehh…ugh,” he paused as he brought his handkerchief up to his nose once more. “Excuse me, I am truly huhh…huhhh…” He straightened himself in his chair as the mic picked up every breathy hitch in his voice. “I am truly humbled by the recognition. I...I am so grateful to be a part of a field that is both, hehhh…rewarding on a personal level and beneficial to society as a whole. Th…thahhhhnn…hehhhh…excuse me…” He cleared his throat. Rubbing at his nose, he continued: “Thank you, to everyone here, for your love of science, your love of psychology, and your love of research.”

Emilia watched as with each sentence his nose seemed to burn a deeper shade of red. She knew that as each second passed, his nose fell deeper into itchy torment. Dr. Caldwell felt his control slipping further away from him as he continued in his attempt to thank the unexpected recognition he received tonight. Silently cursing the sudden attention, he smiled as best as he could through his growing hitches. Who was it that brought this on him? He looked towards the speaker and mustered a grateful nod to give him.

The audience began applauding Dr. Caldwell’s small speech, and this time, Emilia, having tucked the feather into her pocket, could only look to Dr. Caldwell to assess his level of discomfort.

He lowered his handkerchief and replaced it into his pocket, revealing his quivering, red, irritated nose. He continued to flex his nostrils as the conference drew on, managing his hitches as best he could, having shut his microphone off as soon as it was appropriate.

And before both Emilia and Dr. Caldwell knew it, the conference was over. Silently they both thanked the universe.

“We will be taking a short ten minute break before we begin the question and answer portion of our program. Please, get some refreshments, and we will resume shortly. Thank you.”

Dr. Caldwell immediately gathered his folders and pen and tucked them away into his bag before slinging it around his shoulder and walking off the stage. Watching him, Emilia saw as he drew out his handkerchief again as he made his way through the people that had begun to gather about him, eager to shake his hand or have a word.

No doubt giving his apologies, he shook his head as he buried away his nose. Emilia smirked as she overheard, “No no, I’m j-juhhh-just under the weather, don’t want to spread it to anyone else, thank you…”

Dr. Caldwell made his way to Emilia’s section and locked eyes with her. He strode towards the exit doors and Emilia followed him. Feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness, she felt blood rush throughout her as she watched as his nose emerged and reemerge from behind his handkerchief as he scrubbed and swiped.

Huhhhh….hehhhh….ehhhh…” he breathed.

Managing to hit the elevator button going up, he glanced back over his shoulder at Emilia who trailed behind him. Raising his finger to her, he motioned with a come here gesture and her heart leapt into her throat. Finally the elevator dinged and the two of them stepped into it.

At first it was silent, save for Dr. Caldwell’s shaky hitching.

“Thought…th…thought I’d n-never…hehhh…hehhh…make it out of there,” he said.

“You…you were amazing,” Emilia replied quietly, daring another look up at his quivering nostrils. Nearly mesmerized, she

“Oh…” he sighed into his handkerchief as the tickle intensified. “Hehh…hehhhhh…r-right up…hehhh…hehh…until…”

They made it to their floor and made their way back into the suite. Dr. Caldwell entered first and Emilia shut the door behind them. Her heart pounded in her chest as she heard behind her the small sniffs coming from Dr. Caldwell as he set down his bag. Taking a deep breath herself, she turned around to find him inches from her, looking down at her over his large, quivering nose.          

Feeling herself blush at his closeness, she looked back up at him, unable to speak.

“Hmm…hehhhh…” He put his hands on the door behind her, leaning his face down so that his nose was inches from her face. She could nearly feel the heat radiating from it. “S-So…” he began, his hitchy breath falling on her face. “T-teasing me...hehh…hehhh…are you?” He grinned at her.

Raising her face closer to his, as though to challenge him, “Not on purpose…”

Dr. Caldwell felt his crashing heart, a ferocious, tyrannical uproar within his chest that ignited a helpless, nearly insatiable desire within him.

“Well,” he said, his lips now dangerously close to hers, “Puhhhhh…purposeful or…hehhhh…” He closed his eyes as his voice and breath trembled. “Or not…” He dared to gently brush the tip of his nose against hers. “Y-you…hehhhh…ehhhhh...heehhhhhh!”

Emilia smiled and gave his nose another nuzzle.

HEHHHH…! You…k-know…hehhh…! What those f-fehhh…fehh…feathers…do to me…how they…hehhh…hehhh…t-tickle me…” He felt his nose tremble against Emilia’s, giving testimony to his statement.

Chuckling quietly, unable to take this type of teasing any longer, Emilia stood on her toes so that their lips would meet. Daring to, she drew her parted lips up his, kissing the space between his upper lip and his nose, kissing his septum, and finally, kissing the tip of his large and irritated nose.

“How you’re…” she pressed another kiss onto his lips. “Allergic to them?”

At the word allergic Dr. Caldwell scrunched his nose so that his nostrils might feel some relief. Her soft kisses all but relieved him of the torment that was the tickle in his nose.

“And…” he shook, “how long it will…take me…to…t-to…” he trailed off, wiggling his nostrils as they widened with irritation. “Hehhh…HEHHHH…!

His nose was crimson, an absolute dream of a picture. Emilia could nearly see the pulses that throbbed at the corners of his nose. She stepped back slightly to gaze as his nostrils, maddened with the itch, continued to flare and flicker. They seemed to nearly curl outwards as the tickle grew…more and more until Emilia knew an entire feather wouldn’t stand a chance against one soft inhalation.

“How they make you…” She traced one nostril with her finger and an itchy tear ran down his cheek.

“How they make me…”

“Sneeze,” she finished.

“They really make me…huhhh…hehhhh….ehhhhh…HEHHHH!”

“Tickly…” she offered.

“HEHHHH...HEHHH…!

“Irritated…”

“Ugh…” he sniffed. Dr. Caldwell groaned. “They really make me…sneeze…” he echoed. “So…so…fihhhh…finish what you…unintentionally started…hehhh…w-where…is it?”

Emilia felt herself blush again as she felt his hand sliding into her front pocket where she stashed the feather. Pulling it out, he placed it in her hand. “And you thought…hehhh…I didn’t see that…”

Emilia smiled knowingly, twirling the feather between her fingers, observing his reaction to the feather now being in sight again. His nostrils were wider than ever, and his breath shook more violently than before.

“M-make me…make me…sneeze…Emilia…hehhh…!”

Emilia, nearly dizzy from what was happening to her, could only grab him by his tie and sit him down in a chair. Gathering all her courage, she dared sitting on top of him, legs on either side of his body, and tilted his head back. Was it his guilty, early-morning fantasy come true?

Dr. Caldwell, blood flowing from his head to his toes, couldn’t help but beg for relief from her again. “Tickle me…with the feather… Or else I’ll n-never…sn-sneehhhhhh…sneeze…

Emilia hesitated a moment, enamored with the brilliant sight of his nose, nearly, nearly about to sneeze, with zero relief until she…

She held his shoulder with one hand and very, very carefully, just dragged the bristles of the furry feather under his reddened, quaking nostrils.

“Hehhh…! Hehhhh…!! HEHHHHH…!!! Tickle…me…HEHHHH…!”

She began rubbing the feather at his nose, as though she were dusting a library with it.

His nose scrunched around the quills, flexing around the tickle, and Emilia had to keep his hand away from itching it.

“Sss-so…so tickly…” he breathed. He wiggled his nose against the plumes, feeling his nostrils softly inhaling some of the fluffy bits attached to them. “Hehh…Emilia…I-I’m afraid…” He wiggled his nose more. “I’m afraid I’m—hehhhh…hehhh…

She twirled the feather around his nose.

“This…this…feather is going…going to…HEHHHH…!”

Emilia tickled him.

“Make me…”

He inhaled sharply and for a moment the feather seemed to float just above his big nostrils, shuddering and snarling.

“N-need to…”

His head tilted back, the feather settled down, right onto the large openings of his nose, and he sniffed.

“…sneeze…” was his breathy finish before—

“HAAAAAAAESSSCHEWWW!!! HAAAAAESSSCHEWWW!! HAAAAESSSCHEWWWWW!!” Three huge sneezes immediately erupted out of him as the feather assaulted the inside of his nose.

“HAAAESSSCHEWWWW!! HAAAAAESSSCHEWWW!! HAAAESSCHEWWW!! HAEEESCHEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!” Three more followed. His whole body now seemed to shake with the tickle and the sneezes of consequence.

“HEHHH…!! Emilia…I…I can’t…HAAAESSCCCHEWWWW!! I…I— HAAAEEESCCCHEWWW!!” He sneezed, uncovered, his face reddening with embarrassment. “HAAAESSSCHEWWW!! HEHH…HEHHH…”

Emilia carefully withdrew his handkerchief from his breast pocket and held it for him to sneeze into. “Right here…” she whispered.

“HAAAAESSSSCHEWWWW!!!” He gasped. “HAAAAHHH…HEHHHH…I… It’s so…itchy…” he whimpered. “HEHHH…HEEEEESSSSCHEWWWWWWWW!!!”

“HEHHH…” he inhaled, his nose quivering. “It’s…t-teasing me ahhh…again…”

Emilia rubbed his nose.

“HEHHH…HEHHHHH…HEHHHHHHH…” he built up.

She rubbed the sides of his nostrils in little circles.

“HEHHH…HEHHH…HEHHH…need to…need to…HEHHHH…!!”

He leaned his head back again and Emilia could just see the feather clinging to his nose, curling around his right nostril. She gave the tip of his nose a little rub before plucking the feather up between her fingers.

Ever so slowly, she dragged it out of his nose.

“Snnneeeehhhhh…SNEEEHHH…HEHHH…SSSNNEEEEEEESSSSCCCCHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!  HAAAAAAESSSSCHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!”

This last sneeze thrust him forward, so that he was hugging Emilia, his hands on her back, his nose on her neck. He sniffled.

“In conclusion,” he muttered after a moment, still quivering against her neck. “Feathers certainly do…make…me…hehhh…make me sneeze…”

Emilia laughed and leaned back to look at him.

“Top of the hierarchy.”

He moved his nose around. “Indeed…hehh…hehhh…”

“It won’t be over for a while, will it?” she asked, giving him a subtle smile.

“Hehh…HAAAESSSCHEWWWW!! Oh, well, I’m afraid not… Allergies…allergic…hehhh…and everything…” He blushed.

“Hmmm…” Emilia mused.

“Not necessarily an unfortunate thing…” he said, massaging his nose with his handkerchief. “Haaaaaessschewwww!! Haaaaaessschewwwwww!! Ugh…excuse me…hahh…haaaaeeeessschewwwwww!!! I won’t expect you to be surprised by just how long this will…this will…” His eyes glazed over. “HAAAAESSSCHEWWWW! “Excuse me, last.”

“When was the last time…you’d been exposed to a feather like this?”

“Oh…” he thought, swiping under his nostrils. “A while…a while…hehhh…excuse me, but I…I think I’m going…hehhhh…going to sneeze again…” He held his handkerchief under his nose and sniffed largely before he… “HAAAAESSSCHEWWWWW!!” He dabbed at his nostrils.

Suddenly realizing what position they had gotten themselves into in the heat of the moment, they quickly untangled themselves from one another. Dr. Caldwell stood with his back turned to Emilia, wiping at his allergic nose. Emilia cleared her throat and brushed a hair back into place.

“Forgive me,” she said, slightly embarrassed by her sudden physical contact with him. “I shouldn’t have…been so forward…”

After a moment Dr. Caldwell turned back towards her. He kept his handkerchief under his nose as he approached her again. “No part of me,” he began, “wants you to apologize for that, trust me.” He chuckled. Rubbing his nose again, he felt the familiar tickle that made him—

“HAAAESSSSCHEWWWW!!”

“Bless you, Dr. Caldwell.”

He rolled his eyes at her from behind his handkerchief.

“Peter, please?” He arched his eyebrow.

“Bless you, Peter,” she replied unable to stop herself from smiling as his name passed through her lips.

“Thank you, Emilia,” he sniffed. “Now, before we do anything else, first thing is first.”

“And what’s that?”

Dr. Caldwell wiggled his nose. “I have to sneeze.”

Oh my goodness! I shouldn't read that amazing sexy, hot and so sneezy story whilst at work but I just saw the update and couldn't stop myself. It's so good! I really love the dynamic between Peter and Emilia! Gosh, what would some of her peach perfume on that feather do to him....

Love the teasing and caring. Love the fact that his allergies are triggered just by looking at that feather while she's in the audience. Love that they are open about their feelings for eachother! 

Thanks again for the update. What an amazing story. Really one of the best here on the forum! Much appreciated! Always a good re-read! 

……….. words? Are insignificant in the face of this mastery? Wtf? I must’ve read this scene over at least 50 times before realizing I should give my thanks to the wonderful wonderful creator who put this wonderful wonderful story in my brain and allowed it to be replayed like this. Because wow. Like. W O W. The gentle teasing? Desperation? Slight embarrassment? So well written, so beautifully told, and I am so looking forward to what comes next. Much thanks to you. 

2 hours ago, uwus and love said:

……….. words? Are insignificant in the face of this mastery? Wtf? I must’ve read this scene over at least 50 times before realizing I should give my thanks to the wonderful wonderful creator who put this wonderful wonderful story in my brain and allowed it to be replayed like this. Because wow. Like. W O W. The gentle teasing? Desperation? Slight embarrassment? So well written, so beautifully told, and I am so looking forward to what comes next. Much thanks to you. 

Much love, to you and all for following this journey. 😘

(A/N: Ya girl here wanting to jump in and say that while this is a fictional, fantasy story, the guidelines of the APA should always be adhered to under all circumstances, and I am in no way advocating for the ethics and codes of practice to be ignored, even though that’s what Dr. Caldwell seems to be doing).

(A/N: Other than that, many, many continued thanks to those of you who have filled me with such encouragement to keep at this story. You are all amazing).

Safe within the privacy of their hotel room, Dr. Caldwell turned back towards Emilia, able to for the most part, unabashedly let his eyes roam over her face. It was as though this secluded-from-the-rest-of-the-world area in which they were occupied was created solely for the purposes of their personal indulgences, which they were very much finding proved to overlap a great deal between the two of them.

It was not exactly acceptable that Dr. Caldwell found himself—dare he say it?—romantically linked to his research assistant, never mind the glaring fact that he opted into sharing this very room with her. Their growing physical intimacy both thrilled him and made him nervous, and he felt himself struggling to justify the realm into which their relationship had entered. Still, despite the effort to find any angle from which to argue his choices, he found himself coming up empty aside from anything utterly personal. One hotel room aside…the one bed? He glanced towards it with somewhat guilty contemplation.

Even so, despite the culpability he found himself sensing in regard to Emilia…it was greatly overshadowed by a healthy and very, very evident happiness that he was engaging with her as he was. How likely was it that someone such as the pair of them find themselves in a situation such as this…? One, the mentor, the senior, the one with the upper hand, caught up with his mentee, his junior…with the one who, he was realizing, was gaining an upper hand with him in her own, very unique way… What, in all honesty was the likelihood that he, someone with awful, debilitating allergies, found himself employing the one person on earth who’d not only shown empathy towards his condition, but one who actively enjoyed when his hour of need called?

It’s for the good of the entire psychological field…” he found himself silently reasoning. Without her, without Emilia specifically, how else would he have been able to conduct all that research? Those focus groups? How else would that paper have been submitted by the deadline, had she not insisted upon typing it up herself when he was…incapacitated by a few new flowers being set up on the first floor of the office building? Furthermore, would any other research assistant have the mind to carry around spare handkerchiefs and allergy medication for him, even though the latter seemed to be a fruitless effort? While the position Emilia held had been one that was greatly sought after, having interviewed nearly twenty eligible candidates, who’s to say that each and every one of them wouldn’t have quit to find experience elsewhere after having seen the states he could work himself up into? Would any of them had held a handkerchief to his nose, or have literally kissed it into submission?

Dr. Caldwell greatly doubted it. Even his previous romantic partners seemed scared away by his allergies. He could have numerous publications in multiple acclaimed journals, textbooks in wide use across the nation…yet a few sneezes sent one or two mates running for the hills. Okay, okay…more than a few sneezes…yet the truth still stood. Sometimes the fact that he’d never be able to bring his partners a bouquet of flowers or his requests for her to never wear her perfumes around him far outweighed any academic prestige. Yet here in Emilia, he found not only her own academic and scientific interests aligning with his own, perhaps greater still was her very interesting interests in him personally aligning with who he was as a person; as Peter Caldwell, average Joe, beyond average allergies, Peter Caldwell, PhD, aside from it all. And he’d be damned if he would let her go for any reason, the degree to which this feeling was selfish a pure, natural limitation of their relationship, not one that would decide that this relationship couldn’t go forward at all.

Nodding his head, he came to the scientific conclusion that it was simply the best decision all around for Emilia to be in the position she was with him, and resolved that psychology, Emilia herself, and he himself, were all better off because Emilia Bennett was his research assistant. Yes, of course, it wasn’t because he was proving to be greatly attached to her on a purely individual level… It wasn’t because his own selfishness was dictating how their relationship should be explored… Empirically, it was the best set of circumstances.

As he explored these thoughts in his head, he found his hand absentmindedly moving to rest gently on top of Emilia’s, who stood in front of him in eager anticipation that he’d kiss her again, or that the feather fit would reemerge, or, more hopefully, both. It was he himself after all who left the conference early, albeit necessarily, beckoning to her with his own keen expectancy of having her alone up in the room, all to himself.

Dr. Caldwell’s cell phone suddenly rang, and they both jumped. Rifling around in his bag he gave a slightly annoyed look at the caller ID. Recognizing it as his colleague who kindly sought his recognition earlier, he sat down on the edge of the bed as he answered.

“James.”

From the other end of the receiver Emilia could pick up the other half of the conversation.

“Peter, just wanted to check in to see how you were feeling, I understand you had to leave the conference just before our question and answer session.”

As though to prove himself, Dr. Caldwell sniffled. “Thank you for the concern, I appreciate it, James. I’m afraid something must have…hehhh…just gotten to me this morning. I felt excusing myself was…all for the best.” He toyed with his handkerchief as he spoke, folding it and refolding it again before draping it over his knee.

Emilia stifled a small smile.

“Of course, of course. I know you weren’t especially headlined as the speaker, but I know how much everyone was looking forward to a small word from you, regardless.” James laughed on the other end.

“My apologies…hehh…hehhh…I’m sure there will be more opportunities in the future…” He hitched shakily before bringing his handkerchief to his nose. “I’m sure…hehhh…I’m sure the panel knows I give my utmost regards.” His nose buried, his congestion was somewhat detectable. “Ugh…” he breathed as James continued on.

Dr. Caldwell nodded along to James’s conversation, all the while, rhythmically gliding his silky handkerchief under his widening nostrils. Emilia found herself biting her lip as the phone call pressed on, seemingly becoming a lecture in its own right. Another minute passed without much input from Dr. Caldwell, James seemingly unable to take a hint.

“Hehhh…hehhhh…” As his prominent nose flushed with irritation, Dr. Caldwell glanced at his watch. He flared his nostrils. Using his free hand, he raised up five fingers. “Hehhh…hehh….” Four fingers. “J-James, I…” Three fingers. “Ex—ex—hehhh…” Two fingers.

HEHHH…!!” One finger.

Emilia felt herself melt.

“HEEEEESSSSSCCCHEWWWWW!! Ugh,” he sniffed. “Y-yes, James…hehhh…s-sounds…hehhh…” Dr. Caldwell glanced towards Emilia and shook his head in annoyance as James took him over again, seemingly unphased by Dr. Caldwell’s reaction.

“I hope I can persuade you to join in tomorrow morning for a more private brunch I am hosting at the hotel’s café. I’m sure we would all love to see you there.”

Still hitching, Dr. Caldwell attempted to reply. “Hehhh…! Hehhhh…!! S-sss—sounds…”

Emilia sat beside him on the edge of the bed and held a finger under his nose, hot and quivering, in classic stop that sneeze fashion. He breathed a sigh of relief and nuzzled her finger.

“Sounds fine, James, thank you for the invitation.” He sniffed against Emilia’s finger and she could feel his enlarging nostrils, gaining a new width again with each shaky breath. She began running her finger along his nostrils, soothing a deep and itchy tickle that embedded itself within him.

“Ehhh…hehhhh…hehhhh…” he began again.

She continued caressing the openings of his nostrils. Watching as he scrunched his nose and furrowed his brow as James said something else, she began to feel the intense quivering stir up once more. She softly pressed her finger more firmly on his septum.

“If, if you’ll j-just…excuse…hehhhh…HEHHHH…!”

“Oh, of course, Peter, of course! How inconsiderate of me. Now it is my turn to give out apologies, I do hope to see you tomorrow morning, depending on your health, that is.”

Dr. Caldwell could only reply in hitches at this point as his eyes fluttered shut. “HEHHH…EHHHHH…HEHHHH…!” His chest heaved. And knowing what was unavoidable, he silently handed Emilia his handkerchief.

Replacing her finger with his cloth, she also quietly took his cell phone from his shaking hand and hung up before James could hear another sneeze explode out of him. Hopefully James finally got the hint and understood.

“T-tickles…” he groaned. “HEHH… HEHHH…! HEHHH…!”

Emilia gave his nose one more delicate swipe with his handkerchief, just the right pressure so that Dr. Caldwell might finally—

“HEEEEEEESSSSCCCHEWWWWW!! AAAAAESSSSSCHEWWWWW!! HAAAAAAESSSCHEWWWW! Oh…” he sniffed. “Y-you’re…hehhh…getting to be an expert at that,” he joked.

Emilia blushed.

Suddenly he leaned in and kissed her crimson cheek.

“I’d like to become an expert at that, too,” he murmured.

His twitchy nose and lips took up her vision as they leaned into each other, drawing them closer to together. Her heart pounding, she squeezed his handkerchief between her fingers. Each hitch seemed to hang in the air before them, charging the space between them to electrical heights.

“Well,” Emilia began, “They say practice makes perfect…” She leaned in closer to him, daring to wrap her arm around his neck in an effort to bring him closer to her.

“True…hehhhhh…” His nose shook as he spoke, an unendingly tickly, allergic site. Emilia could almost feel the hair framing her face being drawn in by his enormous nostrils with each maddening hitch that trembled through him.

Emilia, emboldened more and more as each moment passed, took up a lock of her own hair and swept it gently under his begging nostrils.

Caught by surprise, Dr. Caldwell jerked back and immediately erupted forth with the sneezes hiding around in his nose.

“HAAAAESSSCHEWWWWWW!! HAAAAEEEESSSSCCCHEWWWW!! HAAAAESSSSCHEWWWWW!! HAAAAESSSCHEWWWW!! HAAAAESSSSCHEWWWWW!! HAAAAESSSSCHEWWWWW!!

“Any better?” she asked shyly.

He parted his lips and wiped his nose, dabbing at his reddened nostrils. “The relief is always a blessing.” He wiggled his nose around as though to test whether or not he was done sneezing. “And,” he continued, mid-nose flexing, “that’s a new one I’ve never encountered before…don’t tell me, you use lavender shampoo?”

Emilia nodded, blushing again.

Dr. Caldwell mirrored her, rubbing his nose. “I can tell.” He flared his nostrils in response.

“Can you really?”

“It’s not…just the texture that…made me sneeze…” He wiggled his nose in a small circle. “It’s the…hehhhh…well, it’s the smell…of …hehhhh…hehhh…of course…”

Emilia experimented, taking in a breath of her hair.

“Can’t…hehhh…can’t smell it?”

“No, I admit I can’t.”

Dr. Caldwell shook his head. Raising his face slightly towards her, he flared his nostrils, twitchy and red, tenderness evident. “Don’t…don’t have to…tell you...wh-why…hehhh…!”

Emilia chuckled as she adored his presentation.

Blushing, Dr. Caldwell lowered his head again and sniffed.

For a moment it was silent.

And then Emilia, growing ever more emboldened, spoke.

“Can I…can I try that again?” She tried to swallow any meekness in her voice.

A smile broadening on Dr. Caldwell’s face, he offered his nose to her once more, tilting his head upwards.

Tentatively, yet also with obvious curiosity, Emilia gently swiped a lock of her silky, lavender-scented hair under his itchy nose. The effect was again, immediate.

“HAAAAAESSSCHEWWWWW!! HAAAAESSSSSSCHEWWWWW!! HAAAAESSSSCHEWWW!! Oh! Goodness. Ugh,” he sniffled as he scratched his nose. “Theory tested?”

“You know how studies go…replication is king…”

Leaning into her, he this time glided his nose over her tresses himself. He held the side of her face as he let his nostrils become caught up in the scent of Emilia’s hair.

“HAAAESSSCCHEWWWW!! HAAAAESSSSCHEWWWW!!” He sneezed onto the bed behind her, no time for either one of them to retrieve his handkerchief.

“Allergic?” Emilia teased.

Definitely allergic,” he concluded, this time just smoothing her hair into place with his hand. “Not surprised, but definitely allergic.”

She smiled softly at him. “So, what’s the consensus on James’s brunch invitation tomorrow?”

He arched an eyebrow at her as he stood up. “Oh, so I’m Dr. Caldwell, yet he’s James?” He shook his head at her and tsked her playfully. “You should have some respect; he earned that PhD and will definitely have you know it.”

“Yet it’s not his textbook I had to use in undergrad…”

Dr. Caldwell let out a laugh. “Oh, worry not, Ms. Bennett, he’s somewhere in the references page, to be sure.”

Emilia grinned as they laughed together. “Well, still, may I ask, Peeeeeter, brunch?”

Dr. Caldwell tapped his fingers on the table. “It’s not a bad idea, considering I missed the question-and-answer session…” He contemplated for a moment. “I really should go.”

Although, recalling James’s words, a private brunch, Dr. Caldwell mused over just how private this brunch would be, and if his research assistant would be allowed to attend. How many others would have theirs present? He watched Emilia move about the room, tidying up a bit, drawing out a fresh handkerchief from her tote and placing it into her purse. She also laid out a fresh one, silky and blue, a sewn letter P in one of its corners.

A feeling of intense adoration washed over him and he tugged on her arm from behind. Pulling her towards him, he pulled her up into another kiss.

“Glad you finally remembered what I said about practice makes perfect…”

Dr. Caldwell could only wrap his arms around her and continue practicing.

Oh my, that was another perfect chapter. Peter and Emilia are just so so adorable and cute together! 

@Noseandtoes Thank you for another brilliant chapter! 😊 I especially love the moment when Emilia helps Peter hold back his sneeze while speaking on the phone... Soooo hot!! 🔥🔥😍

@Noseandtoes Just perfect!! I’m melting into a puddle. 
they are just sooo good together. I really hope that you’d keep writing this because I’ll never get tired of these two. 😍
This is making me want my own Dr. Caldwell 🥹