• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skylacticon

• Elyze

• starpollen

• AngelEyes

Hey! So I decided I wanted to continue with the current Rin and Mason for now (cuz I miss em :razz:).  There may be more origin instalments, so don’t worry. If not, I may include more flashbacks. We’ll see. Anyway, onto part eighteen:

Stargazer Sunrise

——-

“I need to get my hair dyed again.” Rin says softly. I watch the moving colours of the TV reflect in her dark eyes. I lean down to kiss the jet black roots at the top of her head, thinking she’s the most beautiful badass thing this world has to offer. “You think I should try a new colour?”

“Go for it, baby girl.” I tell her, as she’s grinning, playing with the ends of her platinum blonde hair.

This week the two of us are off training. I find it a little unfair how my resistance factor still haunts me on the daily, whether or not I go out. Although, it’s the case for most agents, too. The last time we got back from Abductor Territory we were given time off, but only because of how it took a toll on us. It had taken weeks before Rin came around, before she stopped shadowing me with her worry, and of course I felt torn apart just knowing what she’d seen. What happened was different from what happens every day, from morning attacks to training. I once found her, asleep at the library, slumped over weeks of drafts of work she’d panicked about the night before. I’d carried her home.

“Wanna go to the mall tomorrow?” I suggest. “You can get it done. I still have to get my new glasses.”

“Sounds like a plan.”

When I wake up the next morning, the bed is empty. I roll over and rub my itchy eyes. I can already feel the sporadic itch in my sinuses, forming the ghost of a sneeze that won’t come out just yet. Then I smell something delicious coming from the kitchen, so I peel myself out of bed and stumble to the kitchen.

“Morning, sleepyhead.” Rin greets me, and I walk over to kiss her adorable smile. 

I sniffle and yawn. “Morn’hehh... ep’Tschhieww!- scuse be...” And there it is. I chuckle and rub my nose. “Good mbordig.”

“Bless you!”

“Thagks.” My nose is starting to run, and it’s itching like crazy again. I reach for my meds in the cabinet, then down them with water. I can’t seem to stop rubbing at my nose. Despite the fact that it’s really only making it worse by fussing, I can’t help myself. “Hhih... IRSSCHHuhh!! *sdf* huh... hh! HRRISSSCHHIEWW!!” I blink my itchy eyes and sniffle harshly.

“Bless you. You okay?”

“Yeah-huhh... *sdf*” I blow my nose into a paper towel, feeling the itch intensify. “It’s... hhehh... It’s... probablyjusthayfev-ARRUSCHHIEWW!! Ughh... *sddf* hay fever.” I sniffle wetly and dry my eyes. 

I pour my coffee and sit down to watch the weather forecast for today, waiting for the meds to kick in. I wait for the pollen count... medium-low. Okay, well that shouldn’t be too bad...

“Here we are...” Rin brings our breakfast to the coffee table. “Everything okay? How’s the pollen count?” The screen’s changed already, and it’s switched to commercials.

“Low, today. We’ll be fine, babe.” I assure her, and kiss her on the cheek.

The shopping centre is quite far from The SP base, so we stop to buy burgers for lunch. Inside the diner is quite crowded, and every table is full. Then Rin suggests eating on the patio, since it’s the only place that’s free. I agree reluctantly, my eyes skirting the flower arrangements outside the restaurant.

“Got you some hot sauce.” She grins, tucking her chair in.

“Oh, score.” I dig into my hamburger, merely eyeing the hot sauce packets. Gee, my nose is running already. Again. Fuck, I was hoping it would be lower today.

“Can you believe this place is so popular? You’d think people would go for quality over quantity...” 

“It is pretty cheap.” I say, and sniffle quietly. ‘Gosh, talk about cheap,’ I think to myself. ‘These napkins have got to be thinner than the walls back home.’

“Mas?’” Rin says softly, after some time. I look up. “Are you sure you’re okay? If the pollen’s bothering you, we can go home. I don’t mind.”

“No no,” I swallow my food. “Rin, I’m fine, okay? I promise- I took my meds this morning.” Her face shows an amount of uncertainty, but she doesn’t push further.

“Okay.”

I clear my throat. The sun is out today, casting a sunny haze over the bright red patio umbrellas. I don’t know if it’s the heat or my allergies, but I try assure myself that I’ll be fine. When we’re done, I collect all of our trash in a bag and throw it out.

“Next stop,” I say, buckling in. I pause, promptly looking over at Rin. She giggles.

“The salon!” Rin shouts enthusiastically, grinning.

“The salon!” I echo her, and switch on the car radio.

RINS POV

As we pull out of the parking lot and back on the road, my mind begins scrolling over past events. Weeks have past since the drug incident. I still feel horrible for giving Mason the wrong injection, and furious at Paul for switching the doses. What nerve, what cowardice...

He too is an agent with allergies, level two. It amazes me how he could show cowardice against a level five - Mason is great and all, but he still has a long way to go. After all, I have been helping him train for about a year now, and he finally just dropped from a level five to a level four. To be honest, I haven't seen dedication like that in a long time.

His right hand finds mine in the middle of two car seats, locking my fingers with his. His eyes flicker over me for a moment, skirting back to the road. "Everything alright there?” I relax, his voice soft and soothing.

"Mhm." I play with his fingers, tapping them to the tune of the song on the radio. "How 'bout you?" I look sideways at him. "Holding up okay?"

"Yup." His gaze is focused straight ahead, hair pushed back and his eyes bright.

"Mas?" I murmur after a while.

"Yea, babe?" 

I press my lips together and squeeze his hand. "I love you."

He smiles wide, relaxed and goofy, and pulls my hand up to his lips to give me a kiss. For a quick moment, we're stealing quick kisses from each other across the car radio, and I pull back. His eyes narrow a little as he scrunched up his nose, and I'm cursing my memory. Mason is allergic to this perfume.

"You're so beautiful." He breathes, as if it were all he wanted to say, the only thing he could say.

"Okay, superman." I say, slapping his thigh. It only takes about seven or eight seconds before we start again, needing each other so much and longing for solitude.

Mason pulls over, then pulls me to him. His lips are soft against mine. He smells of soap and fresh air. For a moment, we don't stop, pushing back the car seats. Then our lips separate. Mason closes his eyes.

"Hn... H'cshh!" He sniffs, and mumbles an apology.

"Don't be." Our lips meet again, and I hold the side of his face with my hand. He moves back a little.

"R-rin-.... H'Esh!-u..." 

I sit back in my own seat, giving him some space. "Are you okay?" He sniffles, and nods. He rubs at his eyes. "Hey, don't do that."

"I'm fine. *snf!*" he looks at me again, first longingly, than back at the road.

"Here." I dig around in my bag for his pills, and realize I gave them to Bella for her test candidates. "Shit." I whisper.

"What?" He questions.

"Nothing. Here, have some water."

He takes the bottle, at least. After a few gulps, he smirks. "You know, I don't care if your perfume makes me sneeze."

I roll my eyes. "You know, well I care if you're going to be whining at me in twenty seconds."

He puts one hand on my cheek and looks into my eyes. He smiles. "You're so good."

I place my hand on top of his. "I know."

As we start driving again, I notice him resting one knuckle under his nostrils. He's sniffling. After five minutes of this, I reach for the tissue box.

"Here, stop holding back."

He scoffs, somewhat stuffily. He plucks a tissue and holds it to his nose, giving a quick blow. He holds it there silently, then his eyes start to squint.

"H'Tkscht! *snff!* hh...." Perfume usually doesn't bother him this much, but right now it didn't do any good that we were trapped inside a car. He stays frozen with the tissue over his nose, trying to focus on the road. For a few minutes he was fine, then all of a sudden his eyelids started to flutter. "Huh'Tdschhu! *snnff!*

"Need me to take over?"

"*ahem* Ndo, I'm fine." He shakes his head dismissively, and pinches his nose before setting down his hand and sniffling.

MASONS POV

We arrive at the mall, and since the lot is not as busy as usual, we’re able park near the entrance. While Rin gets her hair done, I go to the optician to pick up my new glasses prescription. I remember picking thicker black ones that are wider than these, but the way they sit on my nose feels different from when I first tried them on. I raise an eyebrow, looking at them in the round mirror. That wasn’t possible. Oh well, they’re new. At least these are clearer than my old ones. Plus, they don’t look too bad.

I leave and wander into the department store, which takes up a two-floor section of the mall. I still need to buy a new phone charger, since my current one is so worn that the insulation is broken and the wires are exposed. I’d been putting it off for a while now, using the excuse that “technically it still works”. But Rin has told me plenty of times that it was dangerous and I could ‘technically’ get shocked and die. So. That’s what I get for being lazy.

“Boo!” I grin and turn around. “Eh? Ehhh?” Rin flounces her hair, which is now a slightly faded, shimmery satin-like pink. It’s cute and elegant, and I love how it suits her.

“Look at you,” I step over and put my arm around her. “Have I met you before? Because I gotta say, you look stunning.”

She laughs and hides her face, in that adorable shy way that comes out whenever I tease her. I kiss her on the forehead I wrap my arms around her.

“Is it okay though?” She squeaks, pulling back.

“Yeah, I love it.” I look at her from different angles. 

Faded pink. Honestly, it’s awesome and badass in subtle ways that only make me believe she’s more beautiful than ever. 

Then she holds me at arms length. “Look at you, new glasses!” I smile towards the ground, still unsure about the size. 

“Do I look like a total nerd?” 

She takes a good look at me and narrows her eyes. “Mmm... Yeah.” She says. I laugh. “But you’re my nerd.” A playful smile spreads across her face as she leans forward to hug my waist. She giggles against my stomach and looks up at me, beaming. God, she’s so cute... 

“Ah. Okay. That’s good to know.” I say and laugh.

Rin helps me pick out a charger, and we decide to go down the escalator to pick out some new clothes for a social that’s happening sometime next week. But as the two of us step off of the moving steps, a lady holding a bottle of something appears to my right.

"Hello, would you like to try our new fragrance, Stargazer Sunrise?" Before I can turn my head, I hear a soft spritz and a mist hits me straight in the face, the fumes of something enduring and tantalizing making my eyes tear up and my breath start dancing. The air smells very flowery and sweet all of a sudden, a sneeze hits me, forced and desperate. And another one. And again. And I can't can't stop.

"HIESSSCHHHU!! Huh!-unhh, HAAESSHHHU!! *sdbf* AAESSHHHI-ESSCCHHHIU!!!" Rin's hands are around my shoulders, guiding me to the exit. As much as I try, I really cannot stop. My nose is burning- a fire blown from coals. The perfume isn't leaving my nostrils without packing a punch. A rather hard one, at that. "HIH-hiehHEH'ESSCCHH!-ESCHH!-ASSCH!TSCH!" I gasp in another breath, and- "HIEESSSHHHHU!!" I groan, my nose completely stuffed now. Ugh, why? Why today. To think I could avoid hay fever problems, now this... "Uhh-hunh-huHh'USSSHHIEWW!! Ughh... *sddf*"

"Come on, just follow me." Rin says gently.

I sniffle, my nose still tingling and burning with the fumes. "HITCHHIEWW!!" They just come, involuntarily, forcing me forward. "Ugh, I'b so sorry. *sddf*"

"What? Hey - we can always come back.”

I sniffle and try to gain my composure. I feel heat rise to my face and turn away to avoid sneezing on her. "Huh.... Huh'JDSSCCHH!!-guhh..." 

"Here." Tissues are being pressed into my hands. Thankful, I bring them to my face and blow my nose. 

When I can get a breath, I close my eyes and lower my head a bit. I feel a bit light-headed. My nose is still tickling, but it's not as urgent as before. 

"Better?" She asks, putting a hand on my back. If I'm honest, no. I just had chemicals sprayed into my face and my head is spinning. My nose is burning and congested. "...do you need a shot?"

Agynicol. I nod, sniffling wetly and wiping my face. As she readies the needle, I try breathing in out and steadily. "ESSCHHUNHh!!" I snuffle and snurf ineffectively, pinching my nose.

"Here. Pull up your sleeve." I do as I'm told, exposing my shoulder. The needle quickly goes in and out. Then all at once, I realized I should have blown my nose again before the shot, because out of no where I'm hit with a "HIESSSTCCHHUHH!!" and I'm snorfling again. I pull out a couple of tissues. The tickle seems to blossom and prickles within my sensitive nostrils and they quiver, dripping with fluid. "HAAASSSHHHMMMNMnhh!! AEESSSHHHHIUU!!" I sneeze, with greater force than usual. "Hunhh," I moan a little, then seize, another hitch grabbing me out of my daze. "Hih!-H'ETCCHHHIEWW!!" Okay, maybe a little satisfying. I blow my nose, relieved at the fact that I'm finally able to clear it better. "*snnff* Ohh bad..." I squeeze my eyes shut and straighten up a bit."

"Y'okay?" Rin asks softly.

I nod. "Fide. Juu-huuss... Just tickes." I say, pressing a knuckle under my septum. "God, whad did they sbray be with?" I cough, the fumes already wearing off.

"Perfume. Stargazer lilies."

"Well they bake be sdeeze like craihh-zy." I don't blow my nose, for the fear I might start again. I try and breathe deeply, running one hand through my hair. "How logg were we id there? Hhhh.. *snff* fifteed bidutes? Ha ha... Hehh... AARRESSSHHU!! Ughh..."

"I'm sorry, Mas'." Rin's eyes are kind, comforting me in ways I can't describe. She takes the hem of her grey hoodie and dries my cheeks. I sigh stuffily.

"Dod't be. *ssddf* ahhh.... *sddff* I uhh.... Huhh, Jesus. *sdf* Is it dice?" I chuckle and cough,  sniffling. 

"Is what nice?"

"Although I cad't sbell adythig so," I hastily fold a tissue and blow heartily into it. Then, oh god. It's coming back. My eyes start to flutter, the tickle quickly taking over like flooding waves.

"Oh, the perfume?"

"Hh'ISSCCHHHUHhh!! Hunh'SCCHHH-NSCHHUHh!! *sddff* *sdbf*"

"A bit ratchet for my liking." I look at her, and she's making a half grin half scrunched up face. I chuckle.

I blow my nose, this time managing to clear most of myself up. "*snf* Would you buy it?"

"Buy it?" She repeats. "Hm. I think it suits you better."

"Oh really?" I laugh, as she ruffles my hair. I sigh and lean back in the car seat. Rin starts the car, and I buckle my seatbelt.

"Right, you," she looks over her shoulder as she pulls out of the spot, "need to get changed as soon as we get back."

"Mmmph. Maybe we could come back later?"

"When the AG has set in. We won't be hanging around Pristox though." She says, the smirk audible in her tone.

I wrinkle my nose, the heat of the fumes still doing a dance number in my sinuses. "Mhmm. What's a vendor doing, anyway? Spra-hhaying people aroud here. They bust dow there are SP agents."

I pull off my sweatshirt, now reeking of the deadly stargazer-sunrise, and toss it in the backseat. I close my eyes and exhale deeply. Now, there was no point at all in hiding my hay fever. I smirk. Oh, the irony.

Quick bit I wrote a while ago - more of a concept, actually. This one features the more ‘sneezing while hiding’ theme. Kinda short though. Enjoy :teehee:

Part nineteen:

———

I swallow uncomfortably, rocking on my heels. The top of Rin's pale pink hair glitters beside me, comforting me in the slightest. As I listen to the sound of footsteps outside the closet, her dark eyes gaze into mine.  I let out an uneasy breath, then gasp sharply. My eyes fall shut. My nostrils flare, the dust creating a haunting itch that was making its presence more and more in depth. I twitch it from side to side, barely able to move my arms from the small confinement. The itch blossoms into a tickle, taking me by surprise. I gasp, choking back the noise and turning my head away. It's as if tiny feathered wings are slowly stroking the walls of my nasal passages. I open my eyes, which are now slowly starting to water. My eyelids flutter.

RINS POV

Shit, I think. Mason is about to sneeze, I just know it. His chin slowly starts to tip upward, his eyes narrowed and blinking rapidly. He casts a desperate glance at me, his arms obviously immobile.

Quickly, my hand shoots up to place my finger under his nose. I feel his warm breath of relief as I transition to massaging with my finger and thumb. The skin is flushed and warm, twitching occasionally. When the hitching stops, I draw back my hand. Mason exhales, mouthing a tired 'thank you.' His nose is redder in tinge, his eyes glassy. In the midst of the silence, I hear the ghost of a sniffle - slow and void of force, followed by a drawn-out sigh. 

His expression goes from focused to frantic, eyebrows furrowing in an allergic grimace. My fingers return to the irritated appendage, applying the appropriate force to his twitching nostrils. 

"Hh-hih..." Panic starts to spread in my chest. It's not working. I pinch harder, but to no avail. "Mmhhh..." His breath hitches. Thinking fast, I pinch the twitching nostrils closed. "Mxkk!" The jerk sends a pulse through my arm, as he draws back immediately. His expression crumbles with a near-silent suppressed moan. He nods a thanks, turning to press his nose on his shoulder.

His eyes flutter closed. Desperation washes over his devilishly handsome features, distracting me from the fact that I should be thinking of what to do.

"Hhhh," he slowly shakes his head, snapping me back to my senses. With both of my hands, I cradle his head and drag him close to me. "Hh'Mxngtch!" He stifles forcefully into my shoulder, jolting electricity through my body. My heart sinks as he sighs, snuffling with unsatisfaction.

"Dust?" I whisper, close to inaudible. He nods.

"Hh-hhh... Hm'Mxk!-Nnk!" When he looks up, his blue eyes are watery and anxious. "Sorry..." He breathes, breaking my heart. "Don't," I mouth back, kissing him on the cheek. My fingers trail up his jawline, raising to press against his nostrils. Mason swallows, leaning against the backboard. A tear rolls down his cheek. I wipe it away with my thumb, keeping pressure on his nose.

His head tilts back, as his watery eyes blink rapidly.

MASONS POV

God... I squint at Rin in the darkness, her fingers still pressed against my nose. I breathe in shakily, feeling the ghostly presence of a feather slowly tracing my nostrils - this way "Hhuh-" - and that way "hieHh-" - and I feel something I've been dreading. I struggle to sniffle as quietly as I can, my eyelids fluttering as my nose was pulling in more and more dust. I could feel the stuffiness building, as I gasped through my mouth.

"Hmmnghh..." My nostrils burn as Rin kneads her knuckles against them hard, attempting to make a dent in the itch. "Ghhh.... *s-snn-d-f*" My lips part, fresh tears rolling all the way down to my chin. Rin pinches my nose, making a gross squelch as my irratated nostrils press together. "Hhhh'Gnn!-GxXn!-GxXTch! MMXKT!-hnnhhh..." Tears continue to stream down my face, as do my twitching nostrils. Pain bursts into my temple, making me sway slightly and my my head bangs back against the wall of the shelf.

"What was that?"

My teeth clench, my forehead leaning on Rin's shoulder. "Nnnhh-hhuhHH!-" I breathe, scrunching and unscrunching my nose. I'm rocking back and forth, the tickle rising to insane heights. My breath catches in my throat, my nostrils are bludgeoned by a plume of dust rising from our feet. I need to sneeze, now.

Rin's free hand gently caresses my arm, in attempt to keep us calm. But I can't... It won't stop.... "Hnn..." 

Dust seems to saturate the space around us, as my eyelashes bat against the irritants. I breathe in and out unevenly, steadying myself upright. As footsteps clunk against the hardwood floor, not so much as a peep emerges from me as I struggle to keep quiet. Rin's shoulders rise and fall slowly, and her eyes are calm when I open mine to look at her. Then outside the closet, the door closes. And I, unceremoniously, fall to pieces.

"Huh'Tschieww! Uh'Tschieww! Hh-! Hheh'TSCHHhieww!! Hunhh..." I crumble out of the closet, fumbling for my handkerchief. "Hhuhh-huh... Huh? Hhh'ESSHHHIEWW!!" I blow my nose, at dab at my watery eyes.

"Y'okay Mas'?"

"B-huhh-bagdificehh'ESCHHh!! Esschhieww!! Hihh... IESSHH!! Huhh..." I rub my nose, feeling the itch burn behind my eyes. "Ughh..." I clear my throat. My nose twitches beneath my handkerchief, and I curse inwardly, knowing this wasn't going to stop so soon. My head pounds from all the stifling.

"Come on." She glances at me, concern breaking the shell of her focus. I nod, blowing my nose again before following her into the next room.

Mason desperately fighting his sneezes is a favourite in any scenario! :wub:

9 hours ago, Skylacticon said:

"B-huhh-bagdificehh'ESCHHh!! Esschhieww!! Hihh... IESSHH!! Huhh..."

And this little thing... the word choice, the congestion, the sneezes... Oh Mason! :drool:

Hiya! Here’s part twenty:

TSP Bunker - 12:00AM

———

Business. Battles. Levels.

That's what the Sullivan Project is all about. Cover up this. Try not to do that. It will make you stronger. It will make you normal. I run a hand over my face, feeling over scars that have healed and newer ones that sting. I sigh.

My feet are heavy in my combat boots, as I manage to drag them and myself up to the apartment. My head is low, as my esteem is intending to follow as well. I press the button to the elevator and watch as the number at the top of the door descends. Five... Four.... Three..... Two.....

And with that... Fuck.

I rub roughly at my nose, which by now is sore and tender. My eyes, my cheeks, my skin which is dry from the salt of my tears. It just doesn't go away...

"Hheuh..."

I sniffle and jam a closed fist against my nostrils. As I step into the elevator, I blink my watery eyes and survey my appearance in the mirrored walls. When I do, I chuckle dryly. I run my fingers through my hair, brushing the pieces that had decided to go their own way. I think of Rin, and the way that she would run her fingers through my hair, moving it out of my eyes. I think about how tired I am. That, I will have to cover up too. At least, somehow.

"Hih'Tschhiew!!"

Again, I sniffle, and try to shake off the feeling. I try to widen my itchy eyes to try and wake up a little. Thank goodness they're not too swollen. As I step out of the elevator, I wonder if Rin is still awake by now. She would murder me if she knew I'd still been training out this late - no. She would worry. She would worry that I'm backtracking my progress, in other words destroying myself. I'm not.

I swear, I'm not.

"Hh- hiH'NxxckK!'chiew..."

Am I?

In the midst of my thoughts, I stop at the third door. 

RINS POV

12:01 AM. The bathtub faucet is still broken, constantly dripping loudly amongst the usual hum of machinery. I stare at the red mass in the middle of my palm, an old, beaten up stress ball from the welcome package at TSP. I turn it over to examine the faded logo printed in white. Underneath, a tiny chunk of foam is missing from it. I remember how Mason's dog, Martha used it as a chew toy when we went to visit his brother's house. I clutch the ball hard with my fingers so that they sink into the soft foam.

Then I coil back my arm and throw it against the wall opposite the bed. It bounces back, then once on the floor, and I catch in in my right hand.

A dog. The one animal Mason isn't allergic to. 

I glance back at the clock. 12:03. Stop worrying about Mason, god damn it.

I throw the ball again, harder, that it doesn't need to bounce before I catch it again. I move my left hand, brushing the papers of reports and case studies that I've strewn across the floor, in desperate need of perspective. They all seem to shift out of focus when I look at them, important information reduced to the bitter violence and wonders of the unknown, somehow summed up in a labyrinth of sentences.

The door creaks. I throw the ball again, this time not as hard. I catch it.

I see a stream of light from the crack of the door, hearing heavy footsteps shuffling into the apartment. 'Hmm. Those don't sound like your work shoes.'

I throw the ball again. It bounces against the wall and once on the floor. I catch it.

MASONS POV

I sniffle quietly as I stoop to take off my boots in the darkness. All the lights are off in the apartment, except for a strip of light coming from the bedroom. A soft thump in the near distance tells me that I'm not the only one still awake at this hour.

RINS POV

12:08.

The door to the bedroom creaks. I look back to see a dark figure in the doorway. 

"Mason?"

MASONS POV

My heart is beating faster. God damn it, I have to sneeze again, so badly that instead of an obligatory response, I turn and crush my nose against the back of my wrist.

"Huh'ESCHhiew!!"

A sneeze. I've been away, what, over seven hours and I can't bring myself to properly greet her? I rub my nose, itching so strongly that I think I might sneeze again. Rin gazes at me from the bed. Slowly, she slips onto the floor and approaches me.

"Jesus, baby." she breathes.

Fuck, Mason, just stop- "Hah'NxXGK!!" Ow...

"Hey. Shh, stop. Don't do that."

I sniffle and let my arms drop to my sides. Rin's hands come up to touch my face. They're cold, but I don't mind.

"Jeez..." I wince, shrinking away when her fingers meet the small scratches on my face. "Baby, who did this to you?"

I avoid her gaze, not knowing how I can let her know I've basically been doing the opposite of what she's been saying. I can't lie to her.

"It's nothing. I'm fine," I say quietly. My throat, still unbelievably sore from coughing, doesn't agree with my voice. Before I can stop myself, I turn away from Rin, coughing. My throat burns.

"The hell you are." she exclaims. "Where have you been?!"

I finally bring myself to look at her, bracing myself selfishly against the guilt that rains down me. I sniffle and rub my itchy nose, wincing as my sleeve meets the raw, sore skin. Hell, everything hurts right now.

"Huh?" Rin prompts, glaring at me. I can see her trembling slightly, and it breaks me further with the fact that her anxiety must have been eating away at her all this time.

Her dark eyes gleam in the bright lights below. Ashamed, disappointed, scared - they shift away. I swallow, feeling every ounce of pride melt into the floor beneath me. In a few seconds, her eyes connect with mine again. In a swift motion, she lifts her hand high, and I can't help it - I flinch.

"Relax." She says, her hand lowering gently. I look at her, feeling like some wounded animal, and I realize then what she's doing. She then moves forward slowly to place her hand on my forehead.

Her fingertips are cool against my skin, almost soothing. She flips her hand to touch with the back of her fingers.

"God, you're feverish." She looks away momentarily, chewing the inside of her lip. Then she turns to look at me. "You haven't taken anything, have you?"

I open my mouth to respond, but I know that the answer isn't one she'll like. "I- *snf* No."

"Great." She throws her hands in the air and returns to the bed covered in papers. "You know where the meds are. You better go take something. You sound like death."

"Baby, I'm sorry-"

"I don't want to hear it. Go." She pinches the bridge of her nose, gesturing to the exit.

"I haven't taken anything yet because I want to talk to you!" I can barely raise my voice, wincing as I strain to speak. There's a lump coming in my throat, and I swallow hard, wishing for some luck anyhow. "I was wrong. And an asshole. And careless- ieESSCHhh!!-*cough, cough*" God, my throat hurts... "I never meant to hurt you. I never, ever, want to hurt you, Rin."

RINS POV

I notice myself shaking, they way I do when I'm anxious and I don't know why. But this time... I do. And I think I'm able to trace it for all those times in the past.

"Hh!- hih'nNxnGKT!'euh... *snf* I do this... *snf!* All the time... I push myself to work harder. I tell myself that's not enough." He turns and coughs painfully to his right. My insides wrench and writhe, watching him continue in this state. "And really, I-"

"Mason." I say, the silence in the room enough to make my quiet voice heard. "Enough. We'll talk about this later- for now," I inwardly wince, examining his bruised, beaten, features from a distance. "Go sit down." I nod to the doorway. "Let me take a look at you."

Mason slowly shuffles out of the bedroom without a word. I press my lips together and breathe in deep. 

For the ambitious, hard-headed soldier that Mason sets himself out to be, it cripples me with inner worry whenever he returns like this. Sure, sometimes it's the usual allergy symptoms, the occasional sneezing fit here and there. One time he came back sneezing so much that he could barely breathe. But the repetition, the exhaustion that is visible every time. It fills me to the brim. Some selfish agent, training partner, girlfriend - I turned out to be. 

"Move your arm." Mason winces, breathing carefully as I examine a wound on his upper back. "God," I breathe. With precision, I clean up the area with a cue tip and some rubbing alcohol.

"Ah!" Mason flinches, clenching his teeth.

"Hold still," I order him. He has quite a tolerance for pain, I think. However, he may just be tired from god-knows-whatever training he'd just subjected himself to.

"I was selfish... Nn!" He slurs, twinging occasionally from the touch of the stinging alcohol. "For trying to... ahh.. trying to move down levels that way. You know, it was unfair to you and- OW, motherfucker of..." Mason moans unintelligibly and grimaces into his folded arms.

"Shhh..." Well, good thing I'm done his back. "Here, show me your eye." I get him to show me his face, which in a better light looks better than it did in the bedroom. "Alright. Chin up." I see a hint of humour in his allergy-swollen eyes as the hint of a smile pulls at the corners of his lips. "I mean literally, not-" I sigh heavily, holding his chin in a position I can work with.

"Wait," he holds up his index finger, before dipping to the opposite side with a- "AESSHHh!!" He sneezes freely toward the ground. He rises, snuffling. He scrunches up his cherry-red nose, and rubs it with the heel of his palm.  "Sorry..."

"What simulation level did you go for, huh?" I demand, the roll of gauze between my teeth.

"Don't- ow! Press so hard..." I soften my movements as I carefully apply a steroid cream to the scratches on his face. Just wondering what he could have done all this while scares me. 

“Hm?” I prompt him, and turn his chin, not realizing how rough my actions are until I see his pain beneath controlled expressions. Quickly, he sits up, eyes shut with a look of desperation on his face. Then he pitches forward with an overdue-sounding —

“Huh’ISSCHHhiu!! -RRSCHhiu!! Hih!-ehh...” He sniffles thickly and rubs at his nose. “Emerald Bay.” He croaks, breathless.

I just exhale through my nose. “Of course,” I mutter under my breath. One of the high-risk simulations. Why not?

MASONS POV

The fumes of the rubbing alcohol sting my sensitive nostrils, aside from all the work Rin’s been doing on my face. I keep my head still, and try not to jerk as the occasional spike of pain prickles from the gash on my forehead. Instead I watch how Rin focuses on cleaning the wound, how her eyelids fall almost shut, how her brow is slightly creased. 

I just want to say something, to fashion words that will save me in this moment - but at this point, I just don’t know. I don’t know what else I can say. Actions are stronger than words. I broke a promise to her. And here she is at 12-fucking-whatever, leaning over me, with a cue tip in one hand and a heart full of selflessness. 

I close my eyes. Rin carries on silently, now noticeably as gently as she can. 

RINS POV

I place a bandaid on his right temple, then turn to throw away the wrapper.

“Okay,” I breathe. My gaze drifts down to my socks on the cold wooden floor, to the reflected city lights in the darkness. I wonder just how many people are still up. I wonder what they could be doing at this hour. If they’re sound asleep. If they are as anxious as I can’t help being. Mason takes my hand. His touch is unmistakably warm.

My heart melts once again.

“I don’t deserve you.”

Our foreheads touch. My eyes still won’t meet his. I swallow hard, giving up to the lump in my throat.

“You said...” I half-whisper, half sob.

“I know.” He whispers. “I know, I didn’t keep my promise.”

My hand comes up to touch his face. I can’t help but wonder how, just how, he does this. And why. Why do I keep forgiving him? Why can’t I stop worrying?

“How many times, Mason?” I pull back, making a half-hearted swipe at tears that begin to stream without my control. His blue eyes are cold. “How many...?” I turn away from him and walk into the kitchen.

I can’t deal with this. I feel my chest start tightening. I wrap my arms around myself, and I’m still crying. In the midst of my 

breakdown, as I stumble against the kitchen counter, I suddenly don’t care. I don’t care if I don’t meet my deadlines tomorrow. I don’t care if Rolanda cuts me from Emerald Point and I don’t care if that meant not looking out for...

“Hey.” He appears behind me, and his voice is raw. I see his shadow over me, and pull away. After all this time. He sniffles, this time the sound is more wet. “Rid, I’m sorry...” When I look back, his cheeks are glistening with tears in the dim light. There’s still pain in his eyes. “Rid, please... hhiH’EiSSCHHuhh... *sdf*”

“I want you to know that,” I sniff and mop up my tears with my sleeve. “That I can’t keep doing this.” A tear slides down his cheek. “I don’t want to be doing this weeks on end. I don’t like it.”

“I know.”

“Because I fucking care about you!” I mean to shout, but it comes out like the whine of a bow on violin strings - the strength, I can’t even bring myself to produce. I lower my voice. “I do this, because I care about you.” 

“I wanted to be able to protect you.”

“Don’t say that.” I shake my head, crossing my arms like a shield. The words are not new to me, not enough to penetrate me.

He sniffles loudly and looks around,  avoiding my eyes, the tears visible in his. There’s a pain in my chest that’s begging for me to believe him. I can’t.

“I do. That’s why I do this.”

I swallow and divert my gaze. My heart wants me to listen. I shake my head and wipe my tears away.

“Why...” I start shakily. “Why did you come here, Mason? ...Why did you join the Sullivan Project?”

The question is brutal - words that string past my lips faster than my mind can process.

He gazes at me, his eyes weary and sad. To me, they aren’t the eyes of someone who just knocked on the gates of hell, who just put himself through it just to protect me. ME, of all people. It didn’t make sense. It can’t make sense.

“Because I believe that anyone is destined for great things.” Mason says, his voice rasping but steady. “I believed that I could do anything. Anything. Even if I suffered these issues.” He swallows. “I honestly... *snf* I...” he coughs roughly, and steadies himself by the counter. “I saw you that day. Noticed you cared, more than anyone else, in our batch.” I watch his eyes skirt the floor near my socks, then slowly up to meet my gaze. “I found hope.”

I let out a slow breath. Mason, goddamn it. I’m chewing at my lip, my face dry of tears but numb with the feeling that comes after it. And I look at him. This time, really look - at his face, and the regret that shadows his features; hating my doubt but at the same time hating myself for giving in. I look at the way his eyes, without glasses, give him a look of humbleness, vulnerability. Almost innocence, somehow. His cursed nose that always seemed to fail him.

I move nearer to him. I take both his hands in mine.

“Never tell yourself,” I breathe. “That it’s not enough. What you’re doing,” I look up into his glassy eyes. “Your heart is determined to succeed. Not protecting those agents. Not protecting me. Your one objective,” I tell him, “is to improve. And I get that. Bless your heart, I really do.” He sniffles quietly.

“I want you to care about you.” I tell him. Mason nods, and sniffles. The top of his forehead touches mine. “Don’t worry about protecting me. I know it’s hard. We look out for each other.” Our fingers interlock. I look into his eyes. “Okay?”

Mason nods. I kiss him on the lips, quickly. Then I step back and gently smack him in the face. “And don’t scare me like that!” I feel a tiny grin tugging at the corners of my lips. But I mean it. Mason is taken aback. I hope he gets it. He takes a quick breath.

“I won’t.” He says quickly.

“Really?” I mumble, looking down. Mason squeezes my hand, his voice close to my ear.

“I won’t.” He repeats, and kisses me on the cheek.

“Okay.” I step forward to wrap my arms around his waist. I lean my head on his chest as his arms come around to shelter me.

I don’t know if this will be the last time. It almost never is. Deep down, I understand his intentions, his selflessness, in order for him to undergo this training. But in his defence, long ago, I agreed to it. I agreed to be his training partner during our first year, and that meant going through with everything that came with it. I tighten my embrace, wondering how on earth this can be done by other training pairs as well. Then I loosen. ‘That’s because Mason’s a level five.’ And Mason is mine.

I draw back, keeping one hand on Mason’s shoulder. “Hey. Let’s get something in you. Have you eaten?” I ask gently.

He smirks, and his weary eyes looks down. “I bought Japanese takeaway.”

~~

Mason is quiet as we sit down to eat, and I realize that I’d skipped dinner waiting for him to come home. In dim light provided by the bunker below, I begin to feel more relieved that he’s safe, he’s home, and that’s what matters to me. The clock strikes one.

Business. Battles. Levels.

That’s what the Sullivan Project is all about.

But after all I’ve been through, I don’t think I would have gotten this far without Mason. Ever since we became partners, my general progress had improved and I’d become more responsible, more caring. Because the reason why he’s here truly embodies why I keep going.

Hope.

Ah, Mason :heart: You are very committed to your training and the project, but Rin is right - you should take better care of yourself...

Ahhh shitshit I just noticed- 

On 2018-03-09 at 11:27 PM, Skylacticon said:

‘That’s because Mason’s a level five.’

Mason, in the present tense, is actually a level four. In flashbacks, he is still a level five. Whoops. Sorry bout that.

(btw, thank you guys so much for your comments! :pinch::heart:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey y’all - back with another part I wrote. Sorry, it’s been quite a while. This lil scenario isn’t about any real development in particular, basically just the time period in which Rin and Mason have just become training partners. Meh, I hope you guys still like it. :happysmiley:

Burgundy Wool

———

Autumn on site. Midterms are approaching - ha, “midterms” - and the library is basically a can of sardines. A huge chunk of training is learning the psychology behind suppressing different kinds of things. Ever since I got Rin to be my training partner, I gotta say, it’s been going pretty smoothly. However, I still haven’t gotten my new medication - something Rin told me about, I’d never heard of it before. And I guess I could say studying in the library wasn’t the best choice either...

“Huuhhh... *sddrf* *ahem**sdrf*” I feel my eyelids flutter, amidst my itchy eyes that are about to spill over. I squeeze them shut, trailing two hot tears down my cheeks. I sniffle again, wetly. “*sddf* huhh *sddrff*” my nose is on fire. Fuck it. I take off my glasses and start to rub my nose with both hands over my hanky, massaging vigorously. “Unghh,” I groan softly, and swipe at my eyes.

“Johns?”

Ugh, I’m so gross. I have to sneeze so badly though. The pollen is horrendous today - ever since autumn set in, it’s been worse than ever. “Hu’ihhh...” So bad that all day today, I’ve been unable to do anything but sniffle, rub, and let sneeze after sneeze tear through me. “*snngk* uuhhh... huh! Huh-huh! hihh’RRSCHHUHh!!” That one is harsh, sending me forward in my chair. I blink my my watery eyes and let out a weary breath. I opt to blow my nose again.

Rin puts her hand on my shoulder, and looks me over, concerned. “Y’okay?” She whispers across the desk.

I nod and look down, feeling exhausted. The itch increases sharply and I gasp in a breath. Quickly, I stifle. “Huh’Nxxtschh!! GxXNktchh!!” But stifling always makes the itching worse, of course. My eyes are shut and my shoulders rise and fall erratically, until- “ARRSCHIU!!” I sneeze into my handkerchief. When I emerge, my face is flushed, and my nose is still completely blocked and itchy.

“*sddf* hhehhh... h’iehh...” I try to breathe between hitching breaths, hoping to god this won’t keep up for the rest of the day. Tired, I sit and keep my handkerchief pinched over my nose, as another tear manages to escape and roll down my cheek. “Ha’Rrsschiuu!! Unh... *sdf*”

“Johns.” I hear Rin whisper again.

“Whad?” I mumble from behind my hands. I sniffle wetly.

“What’re you doing right now?”

“Bei’g bisrable.” I don’t know what else to say. I wipe my nose and lower my handkerchief. “It’s, h-hehhh...busy sduff. *sdrf*”

“C’mon.” She’s at my side, tugging my arm.

“Where’re we goig?” *sddf**cough*”

“My sister. She can help you.”

“Cad’t bove.. Hh’ESCHHIU!!”

Rin sighs through her nose and taps her fingers on the side of my desk. “Do you need an inhaler?”

“*sdf* Doe...” I sniffle and wipe my cheeks.

“Johns.” She pleads. She looks at me. Her gaze shifts, then licks her lips. I glance up. “Come on.”

I sigh stuffily. The two of us walk out of study hall, Rin being the leader, me following behind her. I start to think, well, I just might need an inhaler if this gets any worse.the elevator opens and we step inside. Rin pushes the button and the door eventually closes.

“*ahem* H-haved’t we- H’ISCHHIEWW!! *sddff*-- hehh... beed botherig *sddf* Bella edough lately?... *sddrff*” I’m constantly rubbing my nose, being bothered by the unrelenting need to sneeze. In this elevator, I’m wondering how many people have tracked pollen inside, or the optimum, opening windows in classrooms to air out the goddamn place. 

“Yeah, well...” Rin checks her hair in the mirror, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “This time I’ll be quick. Hey, is that a new sweater?”

“HURRSCHHIEWW!!” I’m less worried about holding back my sneezes, now that we’re in private. “Huh? Oh yeah-hh, it isss...Huh’IRSSCHHEWW!! *sddrf* ughh... *sddrf*” I’m thrown forward by the force of these sneezes, but it feels good to be able to let them out. 

“Bless you.” Rin says, and we both step out of the elevator.

“Thagks.” I press my finger up against my septum. The need to sneeze just isn’t subsiding. But the more I try to stop it from happening, I think it I’m only aggravating the inevitable. My breath starts to hitch again, and I bring the hem of my sweater over my mouth and nose- “hh’Itschu!-ISCHU! Huh! Huh’ISCHUH’yYISCHHh!!” All of a sudden, somehow, the tickle rises to even more insane heights - god, what is wrong with me today? “ISCHH! ESCHh! ESCHU! ESCHHIU!! Hih!” I’ve already switched back to my handkerchief, paused mid-fit. “hahh’ISCHU’EESCHHh!” When the fit is done, my eyes are streaming and my nose is still itchy. At least I’m glad the oh-fuck-I-need-to-sneeze-right-now feeling has faded.

“Gosh.” Rin rubs my back as we walk down the hall. “We should really get something in you. Sis?” She knocks on one of the doors. It happens to be slightly ajar. I see it move inward a little and I hear another voice.

“Hey Rin. Everything okay?”

I stand awkwardly, glancing up and down the hall. I sniffle and rub my nose.

“Yeah. Listen,” 

I don’t entirely hear what Rin has to say to Bella, but I’m certain it consist of my shitty situation and how my meds just aren’t working well enough. My nose is still running, still itching persistently. Quickly, I pull my handkerchief over my nose. “Huh’Rrschh! *sdf* Uh’TSCHh!! *sddf*” I sniffle and sigh. When I can finally look up, I notice Bella leaning on the doorframe, watching me in concern.

“Hey bud. How’re you feeling?”

I sniffle and chuckle weakly, embarrassed. I dab at my watery eyes. It’s comforting to see Bella again. It’s funny how I used to feel so humiliated because I always seem to see her when I’m in this state. She just smiles sympathetically and shifts her weight back to her centre.

“Here,” she says gently. “Why don’t you guys come in?” 

Bella gives offers us Dixie cups of water and tells us the wait while she fetches the proper medication.

“Thanks a bunch,” I hear Rin breathe to her on her way out.

Bella’s office is small but cozy. On the desk, she has three photo frames - two of the same size, which seem to be family photos, and one larger one of Rin. The image of her looks much younger; her face rounder and her hair jet black. On the window sill, there are a few round pots occupied by succulents. 

The room feels domestic and homey, unique to the theme of minimalism throughout the base. It reminds me of the group home, the lack of air con that made most of us eager to leave the windows open overnight to keep cool during the summer. Sleepless nights, and asthma attacks, trying to be as quiet as I could to avoid waking anyone up. The memories wash over me, like the warm summer breeze during the evenings of my childhood.

“hiyY’ISSCHHU!!” I catch swiftly in my handkerchief. The allergy attacks have not let up since I started here. It’s a little exhausting, to be honest. 

“Alright,” Bella’s footsteps enter from behind me and walk around to the desk chair. “So this is agynicol. Have you had it before?” She asks.

“Well-“

“He has. He just needs to have his prescription changed.”

“You should really see your doctor about this.”

I clear my throat. “I wedt to see hib yesterday.” My voice is so congested. I cough into my elbow. “‘Scuse be. *sdf* But *sddf* It’s dot readyihhh... udtil..... H’Nxxctshh’Rruschhhiu!! *sdf* Excuse be. *sdff*” 

Rin rubs my back soothingly. “Bless you.”

“They couldn’t have it prepared?”

“*sddf* Doe. But- ahhh...” there’s an sudden immense feeling that I might sneeze, but fades as quickly as it came. I sigh in frustration and sniffle wetly.  “But it’s odly gotted worse today... aH’ESCHH!-Huh’ISSHHU!! I dod’t thigk it’s just haehh- *sddf* hay fever. *sngk* I dod’t dow.”

“You think it’s something else?” Bella questions. I nod.

“Yeah,” “-Johns,” Rin interrupts, then quickly apologizes. “Sorry. Um,” her cheeks are turning a questionable shade of pink. “You said you just got that sweater?”

“Whad, this?” I pinch the cloth at my chest. It is a new sweater. It’s burgundy wool - and yes, I scored it from a thrift shop. “Yeah. W-why?” I give a hard rub at my nose and sniff.

“Do me a favour and uh, take it off.”

“What?”

“Just do it.”

I toss a strange glance at her, then look over at Bella, who seems to be sharing the same thoughts. Whatever, I think, and slip my arms from the sleeves. My nose itches and I wrinkle it, trying to move faster. However, as I cross my arms and begin to peel the sweater off above my head, I feel the need to sneeze return again, this time much stronger.

“Hh-huhh-” my nose starts tickling again like mad, brushing against the rough material, and my eyes start to water. I manage to yank it off before- “Huh’EyYESCHH!!-Eh’RRSCHh!!-huhH’ESCHHIEWW!!”

“Whoa.” Rin snatches the sweater from my hands. I’m blind and confused, but clearly unable to stop sneezing at the moment. I feel my dignity begin to sag and melt away into the floor. I bury the lower half of my face into my handkerchief and turn away from the desk.

“UTSCHH!!-huh’AASCHHhiu!! Ugh- Huhh, hieh- hihH’ESCHU-ESCH!! *sddf*”

“How long have you been wearing the sweater?”

I sniffle and sigh, then turn to look at the sweater in Rin’s lap. “All day?”

“Mason...” Bella says softly, with a kind grin. “I think you might be allergic to wool.”

“Huh’ERRSCHHh!! *sddff* I’b whad? *sddrf*”

Rin holds out the sweater in one hand, balled in her fist. “Sniff this.”

I crack the first real smile in days - surely, not. I’ve worn wool before in my life. Haven’t I? Well, technically, I can’t say that my past has been void of attacks, either.

Out of sheer curiosity, I do - then immediately, my breath starts hitching like mad. My sensitive nostrils twitch. Quickly, I draw back. I begin rubbing at my nostrils vigorously, at the burning sensation that’s building - and finally, I crumble. “HURRSCHHIEWW!! RRRSCHHHIEWW!! Heh-hih-hH! Huh’TSCHU-Tsxchhu-Hih’YESSHIU!! *sddf* hehh... mby god-Huh’ESSSHHIEWW!! USCHHIEWW!!”

“God bless you!”

I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder. Rin shoves my sweater onto the shelf beside the desk and grabs the tissue box. Fuck, I liked that sweater. It fit like a glove, or whatever. I take a couple of tissues and blow my nose. My nose still itches like mad, and my eyes won’t stop watering. 

“Huh’ISCHHUHh!! *sddrff* ughh... *sddff* Ohh... *sdf* I cad’t believe it.” I chuckle stuffily and sniffle thickly a few times. “Doe wo’der I’b- huh’GXSCHh!!-euhh, *sddf* so- s-so- *sddrf*” I rub harder at my red nose, at the constant itching caused by the irritating particles. I chuckle breathlessly. “God dabb it. *sdf*” 

“Oh, you’re definitely allergic.”

“Luckily, this medication is a bit stronger.” Bella smiles sympathetically. “I was a bit confused, because we try to limit the amount of draft in here as possible.” She pauses. “Bothers people with allergies, y’know.”

“Figures.” I mutter. Then, a thought occurs to me. “Hey, thed what about Professor M? It was our first day in SUP...” I turn to Rin. “Remember? She had no probleb... opeding windows... *snf*” I cross my arms over my chest, glancing down at my white t-shirt.

“Oh. McGuire. Yeah, she’s not new to this whole jam. She expects that the agents here know themselves well enough to... be prepared.”

I scoff and sniff.

“C’mon.” Rin’s hand is on my shoulder again, trying to get me to stand. “Thanks so much for your help.”

“Yeah, thagk you.”

“You’re welcome.” Bella chuckles. She gives Rin the medication. “And Mason,” she turns to look at me with kind eyes. “Be careful, okay?”

“Yeah, I will.”

“And, uh... what should I do with this?” Bella stands, holding up my burgundy wool sweater by the shoulders. Still a brilliant colour in my perspective, matching the scheme of this current autumn haze. I frown in her direction for a moment, thoughtfully. Then all of a sudden, my head snaps to the side.

“Huh’ESSCHiuh!! *sddf*”

A grin spreads across my face, and I return my gaze to her.

“You dow what? Burd it.”

Poor Mason! He just can't win!

It had to be burgundy wool, my absolute favorite colour :heart: Yes please, I'd love to picture Mason in a gorgeous fitted burgundy sweater sneezing helplessly with no clue as to what the cause really is!

Yaayy! I am so happy to see that you have updated, I've been missing Mason. 

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh this is perfect. It's an amazing story. Love the desperate sneezes! Amazing chemistry between the characters. So so good. Would love to read more. 

Thanks, @AntheaHolmes for bumping this story! I just binge read it over the last two days and it is so hot 🥵 I feel like I’m going to explode! 💥 

@Skylacticon Mason is a darling and a dream come true, and Rin is so sweet and caring! 💗Not to mention the story behind The Sullivan Project is very intriguing!

If you ever plan to write more, I’m am so on board with that, but I understand life gets in the way and all things must end. But in any case, thank you so much for all your hard work and for sharing your writing with us! ❤️ 

Ahh, thank you guys for all the comments and love on this, after all these years. :blush::heart:

After my last post in this topic, I actually wrote a few prequel chapters that you can find here, if you wanna check it out.

This is one of my first series I ever posted on the forum, and sometimes I look back cringe at how my writing used to be. It's been a long time and I feel like I'm in a much more different place now. Chances of me writing more of this are very unlikely. But thank you so much for reading, and all the kind words, it means so much to me.

Edited by Skylacticon

Aww, it was so lovely to read more about these characters! Poor Mason! He deserves all the happiness in the world, and so does Rin!

Thank you so much for these stories. They truly are wonderful and I look forward to reading them again and again! 🥰

• 7 months later...