Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hidden Weaknesses - Chapter 15 up

wmb19

Omg I love this so far. I would love to see April trying to help her stifle possibly. Maybe they're hiding or something?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wmb19

• MzMental

• doglover111

• SneezingGenius

I love  this story! The banter and interactions are super enjoyable to read and the story itself is classic without being predictable. Can't wait for more!!

Wow! Thank you SO much to those of you who responded, I am beyond thrilled that you are all enjoying this so much. I have seriously fallen in love with these girls and have SO much in store for them.  @doglover111- I freaking LOVE your stifling while hiding idea and know exactly what I'm going to write for that, it'll be here in a couple chapters. Thank you SO much for the idea and feel free to throw more of them at me!

Chapter 6

I have to admit, I’ve never been so excited to go to work before. I guess typically people feel that way because they love what they do, but I just can’t wait to go in so I can talk to my boss about her sneezing. Plus, it’s Friday! Equally exciting, right?

I stop at a Starbucks on the way in- one for me, one for Evaline. I get a flashback to the last time I got her a coffee, when I turned in my first report to her. She ignored it then, but I have a feeling she’ll appreciate it more today, now that she’s opened up to me a bit.

And it looks like she could use it. When I enter her office, she’s looking cross at the computer screen, clicking furiously. But her eyes, behind black frames today instead of her usual contacts, are tired, her face and nose flushed pink. I feel a flash of sympathy, and I’m a bit startled by how much I care- she’d always been nasty to me, and, well, everyone. But I feel like things have changed now. She’s let me in to see this part of herself- well, whether she wanted to or not- but now I feel like I might just like her a little more. Only a little. And she’s sitting there, being all gorgeous and all, sitting straight and composed, not a hair out of place, but then she sniffs and she just seems so vulnerable.

“April.” Her eyes soften as she looks up to see me entering her office.

“Hey, how are you doing today?” I ask, handing her the coffee.

She gapes at me in surprise, reaching out to grab the cup. “For me?”

“I thought you could use it,” I explain.

Evaline blushes. “Actually, I really could. Thank you.”

“So not doing so great?” I ask.

“Well, I was, Evaline starts with a sniff, her hand swiping up at her nose. “But the longer I’ve been here the worse my allergies are getting again.”

“I’m sorry,” I respond, taking a seat across from her at her desk. When did I grow so bold? “So what are you doing this weekend? Any plans?” I want to get to know Evaline more as a person rather than just the director of the company. Her white collared button-down shirt is perfectly tailored to her frame and her fingers stop their clicking and tapping on the mouse and keyboard as she gives me her full attention.

“Work, unfortunately,” she responds. “I’ve got some meetings to set up and some reports to go over.”

“Wait, what?” I say. “On the weekend? But why can’t you-”

I’m cut off as Evaline holds up a finger to signal me to wait for a moment. Her breath starts to hitch, her nostrils flaring as she rubs her nose. The breast pockets on her shirt push out and in as her chest heaves and it takes my full focus to bring my eyes back up to her face.

Iihh!” She’s caught in a pre-sneeze expression, bursting inhales and exhales waiting for a sneeze to escape and release her from her itchy torment. I watch silently as she continues to struggle, her breaths getting increasingly desperate and her lips parted. But it’s no avail- after a few seconds of struggle she finally ceases, moaning in exasperation. “Ughh!” She groans, wiping at her teary eyes.

I can’t help it- she looks so cute and frustrated, the giggle just bursts out of me. Evaline puts on a show of looking offended.

“Don’t laugh!” She starts to hitch again. “You don’t know- iihh!-huhh-how annoy-iihh!- ing thi-iihh!-this is!”

I’m laughing openly now at her struggle. Freakin’ adorable… Her hands are raised up to her mouth with tissues, ready to catch a sneeze when it finally decides to come out.

“No, I can see it must be incredibly annoying,” I respond, as Evaline’s eyes narrow until they’re slits and her lips part, breath still catching. “Hopefully you’ll find some time to relax and recover this weekend then.”

Evaline just nods, reduced to a mute state as her sneezes are still stuck and she’s caught in the throes of itchiness.

Suddenly, something catches my eyes. Behind Evaline, the ceiling-high windows look out onto a beautiful expanse of land- fields dotted with trees and flowers, neatly manicured and in full bloom. But I see that the edges of the sheer curtains are lifting up ever-so slightly. The windows appear to be closed, but it’s almost as if…

“Evaline,” I start, suddenly rising. “I think I know what the problem is.”

“NGKtSChuu!” Evaline responds, her buildup finally coming to fruition. I hear her grab a handful of tissues as I approach the windows behind her to examine them. And sure enough, they’re all open. Just by a hair- practically undetectable, yet still enough for millions of microscopic particles of pollen to get in. I never would’ve noticed if I hadn’t been looking from the other side of the room when a breeze came.

Evaline’s hitching wildly now between each sneeze- they just don’t want to all come out at once.

Heh-EhschOO!” EeH-ISchOO!” From behind, I see her shoulders curl with each expulsion, slim and sculpted. “NGKtSChuu!” Her hair is in a long, thick French braid today and it hits her back with each sneeze. I close the windows and lock them, then return to the desk where Evaline is still fighting off her allergy attack.

“You….do?” Evaline asks between shuddering breaths. Her voice is growing raspy as her sneezes get higher pitched with each one.

“Yeah, your window’s open,” I explain, watching Evaline’s eyes widen in surprise as she rubs her upturned nose. “IiiShOO!”

“Just barely,” I continue. “Just enough so that you wouldn’t realize. The guys must’ve gotten in today before you did."

“Fucking bastards,” Evaline says with a straight face, standing to examine the now-closed windows. “Jesus Christ.” She suddenly buckles over with one last “EeHHISchOO!” “You don’t know who did it, do you?”

“No, I’m sorry.”

“You should be. Aren’t you supposed to be spying for me or something?”

I give it right back to her, grinning. “I’m afraid that’s above my pay grade, boss.”

Evaline grins slyly back. “I’ll see you later at the meeting, April.”

------------------------------

Short one this time, but I should be able to update super soon- it only took me so long this time because I was away for a week on vacation.

Coming up, we have some potential growing between these two ladies coupled with...a business trip!

Your comments make me beyond happy and I'd love to hear anything you have to say, even it's just a one-word "good," or "more!"

Also if there's a particular scene you want to see or a certain part of the fetish or sneeze please let me know and I'll do my very best to add it in! @Geni101, @MzMental

@NoV, @Millie1 @SexyGodlikeHairand @Sneezingnonstop thank you SO much for your words- I love to read every one of them!

Absolutely loved this part! Your descriptions and plot for this story are really great, cant wait to see what happens next!

Umm, of course you must continue! This is the best thing ever! I’m falling in love with them more then I have with any human being 😂

You continue to wow and astound! I love the growing relationship between the two women, and I'm excited for this business trip!

Your writing style just naturally hits all my happy buttons, so my only request is maybe once the girls get closer, April helps out Evaline with those stuck sneezes with a feather. Maybe the hotel has feather pillows ;) Im sure a business trip with the boss means really nice hotels!

Can't wait for more!!

Thank you all for the lovely comments! @MzMentalI will absolutely write a feather scene at the hotel! Someone's gotta help Evaline get those stuck sneezes out 😉 and @Geni101I know exactly what you mean- I'm falling in love with them both too! It made me soooo happy to hear you're in love with them! ❤️

Here is Chapter 7!

That afternoon at the meeting, Evaline, all the guys and I are sitting around the conference table to talk profits and plan for next week. Evaline’s supposed to be more of an observer for this one- something about employee engagement and all that. Even if she wanted to participate, I don’t think she could. Halfway in I noticed she began fidgeting- nostrils flaring, rubbing her nose, and I can see that she’s trying to hold in some hitching breaths and sniff as quietly as possible.

Ten minutes in, it’s not that easy any more. She stifles silently three times in a row, pinching her nose closed so that no sound escapes, and winces afterward. That’s got to be painful.

I catch her eyes from across the table, mouthing “are you okay?”

She shakes her head no as her eyes start to close, eyelashes fluttering as her chest heaves from fighting off a sneeze. She sneezes three more times, completely silent. A few of the guys have caught on, however, and now she’s got a few eyes on her.

“Just go!” I mouth, nodding my chin out to the door. Evaline shakes her head, refusing. “I can’t,” she mouths back. Her eyes squint and two more stifles follow- but the last one escapes as a congested “NxgSTCH!”

Poor thing. I can’t just let her sit there- if this continues she’s going to draw everyone’s attention.

“Evaline,” I start, making a show of glancing at my watch. “Did you remember you rescheduled that meeting with marketing to 2:30? You’re about to miss it.”

“Oh!” Evaline jumps up, catching on quickly. “You’re right, thank you Aa-aahh- pril.” She holds a hand up to cover her nose, giving me a quick smile and grateful look as she rushes out.

“Really, April?” Dave asks, disbelieving. “Just whose side are you on?”

I realize I’m not so sure anymore.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I’m churning papers a few hours later, attempting to rush through my work that’s left so I can leave a few minutes early- I want to get my weekend started.

“April? Can I see you in my office, please?” Evaline’s voice interrupts my thoughts and I look up from my cubicle to see her waiting for me outside her office door. Hopefully it’s just to thank me for earlier- I couldn’t be in trouble, could I? I slide back into the seat I was in earlier this morning.

“Thank you so much for giving me an out earlier,” Evaline starts. “That was life-saving.”

I internally sigh in relief. “Oh, it was no problem,” I said. “I saw you were struggling so thought I’d help if I could.”

“Well, I appreciate it,” Evaline responded. “I never got to ask you earlier- you asked me about my weekend but what are you doing for yours?”

I’m stunned- Evaline wants to know about me?

“Nothing too exciting,” I tell her. “I’m grabbing some drinks with a girlfriend tomorrow night and visiting some family Sunday.” I catch Evaline’s gaze fall to my hand on the table as her expression falls a bit.

“Um, girlfriend as in a friend that’s a girl, or…” She trails off, questioning. I’ve never seen her so unsure of herself before, almost nervous. My heart beats faster. Is she actually asking me if I’m single?!

“Oh! No, no!” I shake my head frantically, laughing nervously. “Girlfriend as in a friend that’s a girl. Just a friend.”

“Oh, good,” Evaline replies, brightening before realizing what she’s just said. “No! I- I didn’t mean-”

“It’s fine,” I say, laughing now, brushing her off as my heart starts to race.

“Well then April,” Evaline begins again, back to her confident self. “If you’ve got any time tomorrow morning, would you meet me for coffee? I do owe you, after all.”

I can’t believe it. I freaking cannot believe it. Is Evaline, the ice queen, wicked witch, superstar model-like, drop dead gorgeous beauty- my boss- asking me out??!

“I’d love to,” I respond.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next morning, after agonizing over what to wear for our “date,” I meet Evaline at the coffee shop- right on time this time.

Wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans, I enter to see that, of course, Evaline has already made it here before me.

“April!” She stands up from the table. I’d normally give a friend or date a quick hug in greeting, but I don’t know what etiquette calls for in a meeting like this- date or not, she is still my boss, after all. Evaline’s true to her word and gets both of our coffees, even adding on a muffin and bear claw, cutting both in half so we can share.

I’m pleasantly surprised- I thought conversation would be awkward, but it actually flows quite easily. She asks me about my friend and family that I’m seeing this weekend, and I learn that she used to work as a barista herself to earn enough for tuition through college. Apparently one time she burned her hand on the milk steamer so badly that she needed to go to the ER.

“My girlfriend at the time wouldn’t drink a cappuccino for months after that in protest,” Evaline shared, laughing fondly at the memory. She realized the topic of conversation she had just started and flushed, looking embarrassed.

I just laughed- I couldn’t imagine her as a college student nor a barista. “Well, now you don’t have to worry about stuff like that anymore,” I said. “Now you’ve got people like me who deliver your coffee to you.”

Evaline laughed. “True,” she said. “Even when I don’t deserve it.” I was stunned.

Evaline wrung her hands together but was sure to look me straight in the eye. “April, I’m sorry – I know I haven’t always treated you nicely. I know it’s no excuse, but for years I had to develop a thick skin and work my ass off to get to the top.” She frowned. “I faced a- a lot- as a woman, especially, well, someone like me, like us, there were prejudices and-” she sighed. “And it was just easiest to push everyone away. And I guess I kind of got used to that and stuck in my ways. So I’m sorry- you never deserved that.”

I’m stunned into silence. She’s right, there’s no excuse for her behavior- but she clearly does recognize that and she did apologize.

“Thank you,” I tell her honestly. “You’re right- that’s no excuse.” She nods. “But I appreciate your apology, really. And I forgive you.” Evaline grins, looking relieved.

“Great,” she says. “Thank you. Really.” Suddenly she looks excited.

“So then,” she starts. “I wanted to ask you…I have an important meeting and conference coming up next weekend in California. I was planning on bringing someone from your department so they can get an insider’s insight on the work you guys do, share some ideas, and I was wondering…well, would you join me?”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not too many sneezes this chapter, but there are a TON coming up in the chapters that follow. Like more than I have ever had before- this is gonna be one sneezy business trip guys.

Please let me know what you think of this chapter! Love to hear from you all.

I love the set up for the business trip, how April has seemed to melt away Evaline's icy exterior. She's almost a completely different person, and it's so cute. You should give her a (seemingly) out of character interest, that just makes April fall head over heels for her. Like she's a hardcore Disney nerd or totally obsessed with musicals. Something like that. 

Im excited for the next chapter!!!

These characters are absolutely wonderful and I enjoy the direction this story is going! Cant wait to see more!

Thank you all so much for your amazing comments! They are what keep me writing! ❤️

This chapter is based off of this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1105999-excessive-sneezing-when-flying.html

Apparently there are people out there that sneeze uncontrollably due to pressure changes while flying on an airplane. I couldn't pass that one up 😏

Here is CHAPTER 8 - my favorite chapter yet! I hope you agree :)

-----------------------------

The week just can’t pass by fast enough, and it seems like forever until I’m walking into JFK wheeling my carry-on bag. Evaline and I will be flying a red-eye so we get there in the morning and I know I’m going to be exhausted, but I’m just so excited! I never thought I’d get to travel for work before, let alone with Evaline herself.

And there she is, waiting for me by the gate like she said she would be. Except she’s dressed professionally in form-fitting khakis, flats and a smart blazer while now here I am looking like a total slob in my leggings and sweatshirt. I figured I’d be comfortable on the plane so I can try to sleep and just change when we get there! So much for starting this trip off right.

But Evaline looks happy to see me, her eyes lighting up when she spots me from behind her glasses- I guess her contacts aren’t made for trying to sleep on the plane.

We soon board, and I’m shocked to discover that we’re flying first class. I’m acting like a 5 year-old, nearly jumping up and clapping my hands at the surprise before realizing how embarrassing I must be acting to Evaline.

But she actually just laughs, covering her mouth to hide her laughter and perhaps a yawn. “It’s on the company’s dollar, April,” she teases. “Of course we’re going in first class!” Now I really feel embarrassed for wearing sweats!

The flight goes well with little turbulence, Evaline and I dropping off to sleep quickly (though I suspect the complimentary cocktails helped with that). We must be towards the end of the flight when I’m suddenly woken by a jolt next to me. Blinking as I adjust to my surroundings, I realize that it came from Evaline.

“Eh-NGKtschUU!” She jolts forward again with a sneeze, pressing  a cocktail napkin to her face. “NGKtSChUU!”

“Are you alright?” I ask. As if first class wasn’t good enough already.

“I’m fine,” Evaline says wearily, wiping her nose with the little napkin. “Sometimes the sudden change in air pressure from descending just makes me sneeze a few times – something about fluctuations in the pressure in your sinuses, or something.”

Just then, the overhead system pings and the pilot’s voice comes overhead announcing our descent. Evaline smiles at me. “See?”

I laugh. “You were right,” I say. “I guess your nose knows.” Evaline rolls her eyes as I cringe at my lame joke.

The plane drops and I feel a flutter in my stomach. Usually the descent is a bit more controlled.

“IiiShOO!” Evaline goes, next to me. “EeHHISchOO! HhEEhSChOO!” She keeps sneezing over the next few minutes as we begin our descent, letting out a sneeze or two every thirty seconds or so.

“I thought you said this makes you sneeze just ‘a few times,’” I say to her, teasing.

“hEh-NGKtschUU!” Evaline blows her nose, folding the teeny napkin even smaller. “It’s never been this bad before,” she responds, sounding more congested. “EeHHISchOO! AAHhIIISChOO!” Her sneezes are coming closer together now, each one sounding wetter.

“Ugh! Can you please stop that?” The woman sitting in front of Evaline turns around in her seat to face us, her nose wrinkled in an expression of disgust. “Some of us don’t want to get sick from your germs.”

Evaline straightens up at the rude remark, her face going hard. I once again see the Evaline I used to be scared of back in the office.

“First of all, I’m not sick,” Evaline retorts right back, not missing a beat. “It’s just from the change in air pressure.” She rolls her eyes. “And second of all, I ca-aahh-an’t stop sneezing even if – NGKtSChUU! – if I wanted to for your sake – it’s an involuntary reaction.”

The woman doesn’t know what to say to that, clearly having been expecting an apology. “Well, you should try,” she musters. “It’s getting annoying.”

IiHISChOO!” Evaline sneezes in response, ignoring the woman who resignedly sits back in her seat.

I can tell Evaline’s embarrassed, though she’s trying hard not to show it; I know she doesn’t like drawing unwanted attention to herself, especially from sneezing – and now pretty much all of first class is looking around to figure out who the incessant sneezer is.

HhEEhSChOO! AAHhIIISChOO!” The tiny cocktail napkin is of no use to Evaline anymore, and she’s searching her purse frantically for something else she can use.

“Ma’am?” The flight attendant appears next to our aisle, looking concernedly at Evaline. “Are you alright?”

“hEh-NGKtschUU!” Evaline responds, followed by a congested sniff. “I’b fide,” she says, annoyed. “I’b not sick, it’s just frob the change in air pressure.”

She sighs, wiping her nose once more and standing up. She starts to head out into the aisle, the backs of her legs brushing up against my knees as she squeezes past me, giving me a greater look at her…posterior.

“Ma’am!” The flight attendant cries, blocking Evaline’s exit out into the aisle. “I’m sorry, but we’re descending. I can’t let get up out of your seat right now.”

“But I dod’t even ndeed to actually use the bathroom,” Evaline says, incensed. “I just ndeed to use the sink for a second and grab some tissues. HhEEhSChOO!”

I feel bad. She really can’t stop sneezing.

“I’m sorry Ma’am, but these are the aviation laws,” the flight attendant responds, not sounding very sorry. “I’ll need you to return to your seat.”

“Are you serious? HhEEhSChOOO!”  Evaline groans, glaring at the woman as she sits back down in her seat next to me.

My eyes are on poor Evaline sitting back down, so I jump a bit in shock when a hand suddenly appears between the seats in front of us.

“Here, Hon,” the woman that reprimanded Evaline before says to me, trying to hand me a pack of antibacterial wipes. “You’re gonna need these after sitting next to her this whole time.”

I almost want to laugh. If only she knew how much I was enjoying this! Though of course I hate that Evaline’s suffering.

“Uh, no, thanks,” I say instead. “She’s not lying, she really isn’t sick.”

The woman just rolls her eyes, and I feel myself getting indignant.

“Why don’t you just us alone?” I ask. “Mind your own business. You’re not going to get sick from her. We’re about to get off the plane anyway!”

“Thank god,” Evaline moans from next to me, twitching with more congested sneezes. “NGKtSChUU! Iihh-NxgSTCH! NxgSTCH!”

Just then, the flight attendant reappears with a handful of those tiny cocktail napkins for Evaline.  I gratefully take them from her right before Evaline snatches them from my hands and buries her nose in a handful of them, letting out two more “EEHHESchOO! IiHISChOO!” and blowing her nose thickly.

“One hundred!” some guy a few rows behind us calls out triumphantly. I have a feeling that his declaration was in regards to the number of sneezes Evaline has reached. The tips of her ears turn red in embarrassment.

After a few more minutes, we finally land, the plane jolting as it hit the tarmac and bouncing us around. I’m relieved for Evaline’s sake – her sneezing hasn’t let up at all and I’m hoping she’ll be able to stop once we’re no longer in the air.

We taxi over to the airport and as soon as the seatbelt sign turns off everyone stands up and is waiting eagerly to get off- but no one is more eager than Evaline.

“Let me off this goddamn plane,” she groans. “Kiih-schOO! “HeHK-schUU!”  She has the pile of cocktail napkins held to her nose, and I take an extra from her pile to wipe the corner of her eyes- they’re streaming from her constant sneezing. She draws herself up, stunned by my actions, and I jerk back, embarrassed. That was WAY out of line, April, I reprimand myself. She’s your boss! You can’t do something like that!

But then I remember that she asked me out. Sorta. And then she asked me to fly to California with her.

“I’m sorry,” I say, blushing. Evaline doesn’t respond, though whether that’s because she doesn’t know what to say or because she’s trying not to sneeze I can’t tell.

Since we’re first class, we’re one of the first ones that get to disembark. “Why don’t you go on ahead?” I ask Evaline, moving aside to let her out of the aisle. “I’ll get our bags.” Evaline makes to disagree and get her own bag but a fit of sneezing leaves her momentarily incapacitated. “IIisscHh! NxgSTCH! NxgSTCH! EessCHh!”

She finally relents and lets me grab our overhead bags as she walks down the aisle, sneezing all the way.

I follow her into the bathroom at the airport, where thankfully there’s no line for once and she rushes into a stall, locking herself inside so she can release her sneezes in more privacy. I use the stall next to her and wash my hands, waiting for her to finish so we can head to the hotel.

Her sneezing fit reaches a head, each sneeze coming right behind the last.

“Hah-IIisCH! IIisscHh! NxgSTCH! NxgSTCH! Iiih-hihSCHOO! IiHISChOO! AAHhIIISChOO! NxgSTCH! EEHHESchOO! IiHISChOO!” NxgSTCH! “NGKtSChUU!”

She finally emerges from the stall, sniffly but relieved to be on the ground and done with sneezing- for now.

“April, I am so, so sorry,” Evaline says. She’s red in the face and clearly beyond humiliated.

“Stop it!” I tell her. “There’s nothing to be sorry for! I’m just glad you’re feeling better.”

“Yes, finally,” she responds. “Stupid sinuses. Let’s go check in. I could really use a drink right now.”

“Evaline!” I laugh, batting her arm. “It’s only 7am!”

She grins back, laughing. “And? That’s a problem….why?”

This is so going to be a fun business trip.

------------------------------------------

Please let me know what you think! Guys, if you're reading this but not posting anything please do! I absolutely love hearing from you and it means so much to me.

Also @MzMental and @doglover111 I have not forgotten about your requests, they will both be coming up in the next few chapters!

Please also tell me if there is a scene you would like me to write, if there's a part of the fetish you want me to incorporate, etc. Also I want to ask- do you all prefer wet or dry sneezes? Runniness? Let me know what you like!

Also for those of you who are interested in these characters themselves and want to know more details about them, feel free to ask away! @MzMental your idea about being a disnerd or musical fan is so cute!

@wmb19 I absolutely love this chapter! I'm glad you like the idea, it's one of my favorite romantic troupes. You always seem to hit just the right amount of sneezes per chapter; not so few that it's backseat to the story, but not so many that it over powers it. They blend with the story perfectly. Well done! 

I would like to (further) request that the feather scene I suggested get a bit messy! Wet sneezes are the best. 

CHAPTER 9

After a somewhat sleepless flight, I’m in desperate need of a strong cup of coffee, but there’s the typical have-tos that come with traveling that we have to get through first. All I can think about is getting to our hotel and plopping on the plush bed, with a shower and coffee to greet me when I awake.

Evaline and I track down our bags at the baggage claim- somehow hers is the first one on the belt and mine is one of the last. I quickly change out of my sweats into more presentable clothes in a bathroom stall – and of course Evaline, who had worn professional clothing onto the plane like the fashionable person she is still looks so put-together. How she does this is beyond me – especially after her sneezing fits on the plane. We flag down a taxi outside the terminal, where I drowsily examine my new surroundings outside the window while Evaline scrolls through her phone to look over the next few days’ itinerary.

She’s still a bit sniffly from her episode on the plane but it’s obvious that now that she’s on the ground she’s good to go. I wonder if the plane ride home will be anything like the one I just experienced. I’m excited for our trip here, but now I’m already excited about the prospect of flying home just to watch her sneeze again.

“So, April,” Evaline starts, “we’ll check in at the hotel, grab some breakfast, and then I’ve got meetings starting at noon.”

She explains that I can choose to attend the meetings with her, though they’ll be unrelated to my department, or that I can instead choose to enjoy my free time before my work starts tomorrow by hanging out at the pool or getting a taxi to a nearby beach.

Yeah, no brainer.

Beach it will be for me – good thing I packed a few swimsuits. I’m super excited to enjoy this paid, mini-vacation. The couple of meetings and presentations here and there will totally be worth it.

I just really, really hope that Evaline has time to join me at the beach one of these days, too.

And I hope she brought her bikini.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our taxi pulls up to the hotel lobby, and my jaw drops.

This place is insane.

It’s a good thing I’m not paying to stay here, because I wouldn’t be able to eat for the next few months after a night at a place like this. It’s swanky as hell.

There’s marble everywhere. And gold. And crystal chandeliers and probably a dozen other expensive materials that I can’t name. Two ladies in uniform hand us cocktails as we enter the gilded lobby, while a busboy takes our bags and carts them off. The air smells of vanilla and, I don’t know, jasmine, maybe? Whatever it is, it smells heavenly. Evaline and I sip our drinks walking up to the front desk and she quickly and quietly stifles three sneezes into the crook of her arm. “Ht’schh! Ht’schh Ht’schh!”

I give her a worried glance, concerned that the plane ride was still wreaking havoc on her sinuses. She senses my worry and shakes her head, smiling wryly. “The scent,” she explains. Ah – so that explains the perfume and cologne ban that was placed a few months ago.

“Miss Anders,” the concierge, a middle-age gentleman who introduces himself to us as David, greets Evaline as we step up to the desk. “Welcome, we’ve been expecting you.”

She begins the check-in process while I stand next to her, waiting my turn. David asks for my name as well. “We’re so happy to have you here with us, April.”

“I know you, Evaline, and your guest, April, will enjoy your room,” David tells us, continuing. “You have two deluxe queen beds, a spa-inspired bath, and sweeping views of the beach as well as the city. One of the very best rooms in the hotel.”

I’m confused at first, and apparently so is Evaline, who speaks up rather harshly.

“What do you mean, two queen beds?” She asks, eyes narrowing. “We’re staying in separate rooms. Each should just have a king.”

David’s eyebrows meet in the middle of his forehead. “I’m- I’m sorry, Miss Anders. But it seems as though your reservation was made for two people in one room.”

Evaline rolls her eyes, sighing. “I’m so gonna fire Maria,” she mutters under her breath, referring to her PA. She pinches the bridge of her nose. “Fine. Just book us another room.”

David blanches. “Uh, Miss Anders, I’m so very sorry, but – but the hotel is actually at 100% capacity right now – we unfortunately do not have an additional room to offer you.”

Wait what?!” Evaline is in shock. “You mean to tell me that you do not have a single available room? I don’t care what the price is, we can pay for it.”

David bites his lip. “Unfortunately not, Miss Anders. I’m so very sorry for this misunderstanding.”

Evaline clenches her jaw, looking over to me at her side.

“I’m sorry, Evaline,” I say. I feel awful. She clearly doesn’t even want to think about staying in the same room as me. The idea excites me, but I guess she’s a more private type, unsurprisingly. “Do you want to try another hotel?”

“No,” she sighs. “We can’t. I have over twenty people from across the country staying at this hotel for the meetings; we have things booked in their conference rooms. I can’t change it now.” She looks weary. “Fine,” she tells David. “Just give us a second room as soon as one becomes available.”

“Very well.” David hands us our key cards apologetically. “Your room isn’t ready yet, it will be ready for you within a few hours. In the meantime, please feel free to have some breakfast and enjoy the pool.”

“More like the business center,” Evaline corrects, marching off towards the dining room. I’m sure she could really use that drink now.

-          - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I may have a mimosa in hand and an eggs benedict dripping in rich hollandaise but I feel awful. The very last thing I want from all this is for Evaline to regret inviting me to come along with her on this trip. Not only has she had a miserable experience so far on the plane, but now she’s forced into sharing a room with me – her subordinate.

Evaline is sitting across from me at the table, picking at some eggs and toast. She looks…sullen.

“Evaline,” I say, “I am so, so sorry. I know this isn’t what you had in mind. I’m sorry that you have to share a room with me.” She looks up, surprised, as I continue.

“I promise I’ll give you the space you need, and I don’t snore!” I consider. “At least, I don’t think I do.

Evaline laughs. “No, no April, don’t be sorry,” she says. “It’s my PA’s fault, really. I told her we’d need an additional room once you were in the picture but clearly she didn’t do anything about it. I feel bad because I invited you and now you’re stuck having to share a room with me!”

I’m shocked. Evaline thinks I don’t want to share a room with her?!

“Wait, Evaline, it’s really not a problem for me.” I bite my lip. “In fact, I think it might be….nice. I’d…I’d like to get to know you a little better,” I admit, shyly.

Evaline’s eyes widen in surprise. “Really? I mean…”she trails off, nervous. “If you’re sure, I would really like that too, April.”

“Well then neither of us is burdening the other,” I declare. “It can be like…a girls’ business trip. With some beach!”

Evaline laughs again. “I like the sound of that.”

“Oh, and April?” She asks, spreading some jam on her toast. “Please, feel free to call me Eva.”

-          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Eva. Eva. The name feels foreign on my tongue. Who is the woman I work with now? Is she Evaline, my uptight, discerning superior who’s beautifully untouchable? Or is she Eva, a friend – perhaps potentially more than a friend – with bright, sparkling eyes and a figure I can’t take my eyes off of?

Whoever she is, I know that her sneezes are killer and that I can’t wait to see more.

---------------------------------------

Sorry guys, I know that there aren't many sneezes at all in this chapter. BUT the next chapters are going to be SO FULL of sneezing and I know you're going to love them - I just needed to set the scene and their growing relationship first.

I hope you still liked this one, anyway.

@MzMental, your request will be up in 2 more chapters, and @doglover111, your request will be in 3 chapters. Sorry to keep you guys waiting!

I’m so excited for more!! For some reason I’d really like to see a part where it’s April sneezing instead and it’s Evaline whose taking care of her

This story just gets better and better! Im super excited to see what happens next!!