• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saimou

• •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•

• riyona_ebooks

• MeForever

Forced or fake sneezing is my biggest pet peeve. Also hate when it looks like a sneezing video but there are barely any sneezes or lots of cuts in filming

13 hours ago, Justasneezygirl said:

Forced or fake sneezing is my biggest pet peeve. Also hate when it looks like a sneezing video but there are barely any sneezes or lots of cuts in filming

I agree hate fake sneezes it’s like an insult to an actual sneeze. Unless they’re really realistic sneezes which is really unlikely. Hate watching a video hoping for a sneeze and there is one.

21 hours ago, Justasneezygirl said:

7 hours ago, Coolio said:

I agree hate fake sneezes it’s like an insult to an actual sneeze. Unless they’re really realistic sneezes which is really unlikely. Hate watching a video hoping for a sneeze and there is one.

I agree 100% with both of you guys 🤬. Of course in fictional TV programs (movies, series,…) any sneezes usually have to be fake/acted, but I guess I’m just tracking, whether or not the sneeze is real in the appropriate context :razz:.

This is gonna be rather me-specific, not sneeze-related.

Whenever somebody complains about having a big nose, up and down complaining, and then you see it and it's like "you've gotta be effing KIDDING me. Your nose is one thousand percent average." Really gets my hopes up and lets me down every time. 

Also, general peeve, that big noses are never like, shown in a positive light. If they're ever mentioned it's always bad. Which, you know, I'll take it, but something positive would be good once in a while which is why I went completely nuts for that one Axe commercial. (Yeah, I know, Axe...but they actually made a really great campaign.)

11 hours ago, HornedSerpent said:

Whenever somebody complains about having a big nose, up and down complaining, and then you see it and it's like "you've gotta be effing KIDDING me. Your nose is one thousand percent average." Really gets my hopes up and lets me down every time. 

Also, general peeve, that big noses are never like, shown in a positive light. If they're ever mentioned it's always bad. Which, you know, I'll take it, but something positive would be good once in a while which is why I went completely nuts for that one Axe commercial. (Yeah, I know, Axe...but they actually made a really great campaign.)

For me, what determines the attractiveness of a nose, is, for the most part, the shape, rather than the size. For me, a straight, protruding, rather narrow, ”posh” nose is a major turn-on, whereas wide, plump, or overly up-turned pig-noses are a huge no-no.

Also, I remember that Axe commercial :D.

Also, cleft noses are a huge turn-off for me. If the cleft is overly excessive, it just looks like a deformity for me. Sorry, if I offended anybody with that, but I can’t really help it.

13 hours ago, HornedSerpent said:

Completely agree. I prefer a big nose to a small one. It looks sexier when the sneeze imo.

i think it's so funny that so many people the thing they hate is the thing someone else loves. cleft noses for example? i think those are extremely good. 

On 2/12/2020 at 1:29 AM, Reader said:

When you can’t stand a person, but they have good sneezes. 

This. Good lord I had a pain in the ass colleague, but boy did she sneeze a lot, and beautifully so. 

On 2/9/2020 at 9:53 AM, InLivingColor said:

Is it too much of a hot take to say stifles? 😅

I'm with you on that. Unless it's something like a "sneezing while hiding" scenario or someone trying to pretend they're not sick, I'd much rather if they let the sneeze out, wild and free. It's much more satisfying that way.

On 2/9/2020 at 5:59 PM, bben9 said:

I agree with EVERY SINGLE THING, said here. Now let me add one of my own. I know I have some roleplayers around here, and some who read stories. I'm sorry, but guys...
"Please  s p e l l  your sneezes."
Sometimes it just urks the hell out of me to just see "She sneezes in a fit", or "He sneezes" like c'mon! Have some fun with it! Ask ME for help with sneeze spellings! I got'chu! Hell if you're a complete noob, i'll accept "Ahchoo" for the first few times! If you're gonna roleplay though, i'm gonna need some spellings my G.

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! I couldn't agree more.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:06 PM, Saimou said:

For me, what determines the attractiveness of a nose, is, for the most part, the shape, rather than the size. For me, a straight, protruding, rather narrow, ”posh” nose is a major turn-on, whereas wide, plump, or overly up-turned pig-noses are a huge no-no.

Also, I remember that Axe commercial :D.

Oh, shape is important to me too, hugely. I love a hump or hook to a nose, not into turned-up ones, nor clefts, specifically. I There are a lot of other shape specifics that just add to it for me. But a lot of people specifically complain about the size as a bad thing. Size, shape, and proportion to features all plays into it for me, I just like extremes that not a lot of people are really all about X) Stoked to hear I'm not alone in loving that Axe commercial LOL 

Edited by HornedSerpent
On 2/7/2020 at 4:35 AM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

when people lie about what's making them sneeze in a wav. like it's obvious that isn't a sneezing fit there's 5 cuts in the audio. it pisses me off 😂

Yeah, talk about false advertising :razz:.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:59 AM, bben9 said:

I agree with EVERY SINGLE THING, said here. Now let me add one of my own. I know I have some roleplayers around here, and some who read stories. I'm sorry, but guys...
"Please  s p e l l  your sneezes."
Sometimes it just urks the hell out of me to just see "She sneezes in a fit", or "He sneezes" like c'mon! Have some fun with it! Ask ME for help with sneeze spellings! I got'chu! Hell if you're a complete noob, i'll accept "Ahchoo" for the first few times! If you're gonna roleplay though, i'm gonna need some spellings my G.

I completely agree with this. I can’t get into the story/obs and I am disappointed if the sneezes are not spelled out! :) 

Another pet peeve I have is when someone is very attractive and they rarely sneeze but when they sneeze it's just... bad. It's the biggest dissapointment ever.

personally i dislike it when i listen to a wav and the person says sneezing hurts :^( i don't want anyone to hurt themselves! kind of a turn off.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, MeForever said:

Another pet peeve I have is when someone is very attractive and they rarely sneeze but when they sneeze it's just... bad. It's the biggest dissapointment ever.

This is arguably the worst. Experienced it a few too many times unfortunately.

On 2/24/2020 at 11:43 AM, MeForever said:

Oh yeah, that is the worst!

On 2/24/2020 at 4:43 AM, MeForever said:

Oh yes, this is the worst!!!

On 2/12/2020 at 2:29 AM, Reader said:

When you can’t stand a person, but they have good sneezes. 

I agree. That’s just too frustrating :ranting:!

On 2/24/2020 at 11:43 AM, MeForever said:

Hear hear!

• 2 weeks later...

Another pet-peeve I have is, when people automatically assume that sneezing always equals cold/sickness. This is especially noticable, when there’s excessive sneezing involved. Sure, there are exceptions, but 99.9% time colds DON’T cause excessive sneezing. Like, hasn’t anybody heard of allergies??!?!

On 2/10/2020 at 7:37 PM, March Hare said:

Like I said. Bad writing? Fuhgeddaboudit. You're NOT the only one. Thing is, we don't get to complain about fics in the replies to the fics themselves because this forum has standards, and rightly so. Plenty of room to complain elsewhere. :D

My thoughts, exactly. I also surmised that feeling marginalized (like you’re the only one with a problem with this) is just a statistical error, as people don’t tend to complain about those fics in the responses, because that’s just bad taste. But, of course, little constructive criticism never hurt anybody, right? I mean, as long as you keep things civil, and not slip into Snake Pit -worthy ranting.

When you run into someone you haven't seen in years and you only remember them because you've replayed a memory of that time they had a sneezing fit. And when they ask you how you remember them, you have to make something up.

When you look up "sneezing" on youtube and click "recent" and they list same videos from 2 hours ago. 🙄