Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• aggedy_ann

• Stimuli

• March Hare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you so much for posting this, @Chanel_no5, This was lovely ❤️

I was at a mall yesterday, to get some groceries. Except for two shops, everything was closed (a pharmacy and the supermarket are still open). It was SO spooky walking through the mall. There was such a perfect silence that one could even hear the soft hum of the lights. It made me feel uncomfortable yesterday, like walking into a void of uncertainty, but your post let me see the experience in a new light :hug:

I really hope this doesn’t offend anybody but I’ve taken to humming  “hasa diga eebowai” from the Book of Mormon under my breath to help keep my spirits up. A brilliant musical song in the face of adversity 

3 hours ago, Selene said:

I was at a mall yesterday, to get some groceries. Except for two shops, everything was closed (a pharmacy and the supermarket are still open). It was SO spooky walking through the mall. There was such a perfect silence that one could even hear the soft hum of the lights. It made me feel uncomfortable yesterday, like walking into a void of uncertainty, but your post let me see the experience in a new light

Very odd to see things so empty. I find it weird seeing people in masks- but then I've always found masks scary.

1 hour ago, Heathcliff said:

I really hope this doesn’t offend anybody but I’ve taken to humming  “hasa diga eebowai” from the Book of Mormon under my breath to help keep my spirits up. A brilliant musical song in the face of adversity 

Aaand I now can't get that song out of my head! Thanks, Heathcliff, I really needed a laugh!

8 minutes ago, snuffle-bunny said:

Aaand I now can't get that song out of my head! Thanks, Heathcliff, I really needed a laugh!

It happens! Stay safe my friend. 😄

Even in movies I'm beginning to believe I am talking to people- I believed two minutes ago I needed to talk to the avengers so they could beat Loki :D

Edited by Heathcliff

I came down with a sore throat, cough and fever on 6th March after visiting my sister in London, the cough has still not gone away though I feel better. I'm almost convinced I have a mild case of the virus, seeing as I rarely get sick and I have never had anything flu or cold related that only affected my throat in this way. I did self-isolation for a week and now am complying with the lockdown, I just want to know wtf is wrong with me! I wish I was able to be tested just so I can know. I have never had any cold or such linger for this long.

10 minutes ago, NameTaken said:

I came down with a sore throat, cough and fever on 6th March after visiting my sister in London, the cough has still not gone away though I feel better. I'm almost convinced I have a mild case of the virus, seeing as I rarely get sick and I have never had anything flu or cold related that only affected my throat in this way. I did self-isolation for a week and now am complying with the lockdown, I just want to know wtf is wrong with me! I wish I was able to be tested just so I can know. I have never had any cold or such linger for this long.

Of course it's impossible for any of us to say what you were actually sick with, but I had the flu a month ago well before the whole Covid-19 thing hit my area and I was told by my doctor that the cough could linger for 4 to 6 weeks. I've also definitely had colds where the cough lingered for awhile afterwards. So those symptoms don't necessarily indicate that you have Covid-19, but I'm glad you're being responsible about it just in case. I hope you feel better soon.

1 hour ago, Shay said:

Of course it's impossible for any of us to say what you were actually sick with, but I had the flu a month ago well before the whole Covid-19 thing hit my area and I was told by my doctor that the cough could linger for 4 to 6 weeks. I've also definitely had colds where the cough lingered for awhile afterwards. So those symptoms don't necessarily indicate that you have Covid-19, but I'm glad you're being responsible about it just in case. I hope you feel better soon.

I have been told that Covid-19 tends to linger for about 7 days, and also if your nose is blocked or you are sneezing more than normal they aren't symptoms.

Edited by Heathcliff

Thanks @Shay, normally I wouldn't even pay it any mind but it's the uncertainty of it all! Thank you, I'm sure I'll feel better still in a few weeks :hug:

@NameTaken No problem. It's definitely easier to be anxious about things that might not normally bother you in times like this.

22 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

Oh man, I do that all the time.

I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE. I WANT TO DO MY OWN GROCERY SHOPPING. I WANT TO VOLUNTEER.

I want to know when I can be sure I either didn't get infected or got over the fecking virus. It's been five MONTH-LONG days and I am MALFUNCTIONING.

Edited by March Hare
On 3/19/2020 at 7:09 PM, Leas said:

My parents have been tested and both have come back positive. They’re isolated; 

My parents are doing a bit better. Still got really bad coughs and my mums temperature keeps going up. 

I’m worried about my 18 year old immunocompromised brother. He lives with my parents, he’s been upstairs pretty much all day, everyday (he’s autistic, so he’s not very sociable) 

He has been coughing, I just hope that it’s this cold that I’ve got. I’m so worried for him. 💙

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

Oh man, I do that all the time.

I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE. I WANT TO DO MY OWN GROCERY SHOPPING. I WANT TO VOLUNTEER.

I want to know when I can be sure I either didn't get infected or got over the fecking virus. It's been five MONTH-LONG days and I am MALFUNCTIONING.

We might get an antibody test (maybe, I'm not an expert, just seeing the news). But if so this would be very important, because people who've had it will be able to get some sort of badge to show they're now immune.

Stay strong.

Edit: accidentally the first bit of Circle of Life from the Lion King came on my headphones and I think my whole body shook - what  a beginning to song!

"Through despair and hope.."

Edited by Heathcliff

"The times they are a-changin'"

I sang this together with my best friend from work... it seems now important

I don't know how many here are spiritually inclined, but I just wanted to post this here for anyone that might be interested or find comfort in this. There will be a mass meditation event  on April 4th/5th (depending on timezone) with one of the aims being to heal Covid-19. I'm not saying that this is a substitute for any medical treatment, but if nothing else, meditation can have very positive effects on emotional well being. There are instructions on what to do as well as a guided meditation to use at the appointed time posted at the following link.

https://thevoice5d.blogspot.com/2020/03/urgent-call-for-one-million-meditators.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR3fx7JE8nxuGmowWW5xYWdKr-HDkUNnbF6cer5sfvuo8FPykCN6YRxRyig

On 3/26/2020 at 2:39 PM, Leas said:

My parents are doing a bit better. Still got really bad coughs and my mums temperature keeps going up. 

I’m worried about my 18 year old immunocompromised brother. He lives with my parents, he’s been upstairs pretty much all day, everyday (he’s autistic, so he’s not very sociable) 

He has been coughing, I just hope that it’s this cold that I’ve got. I’m so worried for him. 💙

Leas, so sorry your parents got it. Hope your mom recovers quickly and easily! I've read that the fever can fluctuate up and down for several days.

Regarding your brother, I don't know if it will help you feel better, but people of younger ages seem to be less susceptible to the virus and tend to have much milder symptoms. Just keep an eye on him for a fever and continue to isolate him from your parents. My son is autistic as well, and an asthmatic, I know how hard and concerning it can be when they get sick 😥

Praying for you all! ❤️:hug:

With things starting to get very serious where I am, one thing that really strikes me is you're really seeing the best and the worst come out in people.  Someone said that in times like this you really see who people are.  The good people are revealing themselves to be extraordinarily good, like the people who put up notices around my neighbourhood that if there are any elderly or vulnerable people who are concerned about not being able to get vital food and medicine while in isolation, to call them at any time to help out.

And then there are the absolute slime like my employer who messaged us all about ten minutes after the announcement for lockdown was broadcast to claim we are all "essential services" and would be expected in the office on Monday - the office that the higher ups are avoiding for "safety purposes".  Their safety is important but not ours.  And we are not even remotely an essential business and we are absolutely supposed to be provided with the means to work from home (which is possible for everyone but again only provided to the higher ups).  I'm still trying to figure out a way to reply to the message in a more professional manner than "This ain't it, chief".  And I'm hearing horror stories about other people's employers encouraging them to commit benefit fraud, sign up for the out of work payment but continue to work cash in hand so the business can collect the emergency payment.  Disgusting.

Hi guys, I was not sure whether to bring this up, but it might help someone.

Recently ITV (in the UK) aired the movie "Contagion" and requests to watch it on streaming services have apparently shot up.

This movie is about a global pandemic, and bears some resemblance to what we are currently going through. I'm not telling you not to watch the movie (it's actually a very good movie in my opinion, though I am not going to watch it during current times).

But if you do choose to watch it, please be aware: the MEV-1 virus in the film (which is based on some real viruses, but totally fictional) has a MUCH higher mortality rate than COVID-19, according to all current statistics. Please, please do not watch this film and panic.

If the movie makes you take social distancing measures more seriously, then that is great. You should take them seriously.

But please don't panic. I'm finding it hard not to panic - but I know it doesn't help.

Thanks to everyone for the input.  It's good to know the community is pulling together.  We've just been warned in France that things have been bad but they are going to get worse in the coming weeks.  So stay safe, and really take care.

14 hours ago, atchoum said:

Thanks to everyone for the input.  It's good to know the community is pulling together.  We've just been warned in France that things have been bad but they are going to get worse in the coming weeks.  So stay safe, and really take care.

We've been told the same, mate. But I think it was known. The pandemic (unfortunately) must peak before it can get better, and I guess measures have to get worse according to that.

I'm glad to have this great community, and people like you Atchoum.

Edited by Heathcliff

I dreamt tonight that the scientists had finished the work on the vaccine. I guess my entire brain is consumed in this virus. 

I had a walk outside to clear some thoughts, and my city was like a melancholic ghost town. It was equal parts scary to witness, as well as positive. I know my city is doing all it can to be safe. 

I just want this to end. I want life to return back to normal :(

3 hours ago, aName said:

I just want this to end. I want life to return back to normal :(

I so much feel the same - but I'm understanding now that we must get used to it. And we'll come through it.

And it's really good that sneeze fetishists are such community minded people.

Message me personally if it would help.