Sneeze Fetish Forum

Two Opposites

glitter_

Yeah great update. Glad to see the focus on them as a couple freshly living together going through the pains and insecurities that come with cohabitation 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glitter_

• Privatedancer

• secret19

• missfemmefatale

@brownsasha11 Yeah! I hate it when being in a realtionship gets depicted as this abnormally perfect thing when it is isn't. It's being vulnerable and human with each other and more often than not that means fighting. I hope you also like this next chapter!

@EveP Thank youuuu! I really felt that part, too, to be honest.  

@Heathercd I'm so glad you enjoy it! Hopefully you enjoy this next part as well!

@Kolen Always an inspiration, haha! Thanks for being so kind. Your comment really made my day.

Beach, part 1. I hope you all like it. Please leave feedback so I keep motivated!

Chapter 27

“Can you drive?”, Theo asked Kaya as they went down the stairs, bags and towels in hand. “Yeah, I have my drivers license. I’m like 22”, she chuckled at his question. “No, I mean like can you drive right now?” “To the beach?” “Yes.” She stopped at the bottom of the stairs, looking at him suspiciously. “Sure, but... why?” “I hate driving.”

That was all he needed to say for Kaya to feel absolutely stupid and insensitive. Of course Theo didn’t like driving. After all, he had not only been a witness but a victim to a terribly devastating traffic accident, that had claimed the lives of people he loved.

“Can we stop by my parents’ house first? I need to grab a few things, not just for swimming.” Her mother worked a rather long shift at the vet’s on Thursdays while her father was off to some hugely important business meeting, which meant Kaya knew she didn’t need to fear facing them. “Definitely”, Theo nodded, opening the door for her.

It took them about five minutes to arrive at her parents’ house. Five minutes that were enough for Kaya to discover Theo didn’t just hate driving but was scared of it. As soon as she turned the key in the ignition lock and slowly let the clutch come, Theo held on to the dashboard like his life depended on it.

They didn’t talk at all until she pulled over and got out of the car. “Oookay...”, Kaya sighed. “I’m going in.” “Should I come with you?” “And die in my rabbit’s presence? Yeah, no. Ain’t gonna happen.” It was supposed to be a joke but Theo surely didn’t take it as one, mouth thin, eyes squinty.

I’ll try to be as fast as I can”, Kaya promised, closing the door. “There’s no rush!” he called after her. Whether he was concerned about her or the upcoming drive, Kaya had to smile at how he always tried to be reassuring.

It didn’t take her more than twenty minutes to pack everything she needed for moving out officially, once and for all. She put on her favorite bikini, slipped a green, strapless summer-dress over it and said goodbye to Doodles, who looked - despite her lack of care- well fed. Thank god her mother looked out for him.

Grabbing her sunglasses, which reminded her of the first memory Theo and her shared together, and her bag, she practically sprinted down the stairs. She didn’t look back, while throwing all of her things in the trunk, climbing behind the wheel and starting the car again. “Bye bye, shitty life.” “Did you see your parents?” “No, they’re out for work.” “You have to face them at some point”, he reminded her of all the text messages and calls from her mother, Kaya had been stubbornly ignoring the last weeks.

“Wow, you look gorgeous”, Theo changed the topic, making her forget about her problems for a second while blushing to the color of a tomato. “I can’t believe I have such a beautiful girlfriend.” Aroused by his compliments, Kaya pressed down the accelerator a little harder than necessary and the car jerked forward. They took off with Theo clinging onto that useless little handle up the side-window.

“What job did you get?”, Kaya said in an attempt to divert his attention from the fast moving car to a conversation.” “I will be working as an employee for a company which provides a 24/7 mobile repairing service for everything electric.” Kaya frowned. Just as she tried to distract him from everything car-related. “Which means you have to... drive? To get to a destination?” “Mmmh.” Well, shit. “You think you’re... up for that?”

“I have to be. I’m four months late with my health insurance bills. Marcel can’t cover for my shit forever. He’s pretty broke, too.” “I’m sorry, Theo. That’s all my fault.” She wanted to give him a touch of sympathy but as she reached out to grab his shoulder, he almost instantly froze and pleaded: “Please keep your hands on the steering wheel!” So she did.

“You should’ve just taken my dad’s offer. It would’ve been so much easier than this.” “There’s... Please look ahead... There’s absolutely no way I’m working for that monster. No offense.” Kaya scoffed. “None taken.” “He’s done enough damage already, don’t you... thiiiiink... ha... GnXT’schiew... He’YnJkGschoo, Heh’TNshx... excuse me.

Something she had realized about him over time was that he would never ever stop apologizing for his sneezes, no matter how often she had told him to. Huh’gKcSschT, Hu’XhXYisshh... ghi, Hi’kndchiew... sorry. Sdubid hayfever, snf”, he explained his allergies acting up. Was it the hayfever, though? Or was it the rabbit, she had touched before leaving the house?

“Now you have to go leeeeft’jhJEiiknxshue-‘mTchoo... Hah’xQhXkTchew-whoo... Excuse me.” Nodding, she signaled and turned into the narrower street, Theo was pointing at. How much money she would spent to not drive right now? Probably all her savings. No, seriously though, an autopilot would be advantageously fitting at this point.

They spent the rest of the drive in silence, Kaya repeatedly licking her dry lips and twisting in her seat, Theo sniffling uncontrollably. Finally the road made a bend and they drove through a densely overgrown gate to a small parking lot. She didn’t even get the chance to park properly before he unbuckled his seat belt and jumped out of the car.

It was so sunny that the light hit the concrete in a way that made it look like a mirage. Theo reacted to the brightness change immediately. “Heh... Hhhhg...” Now Kaya hurried getting out of the car as well. Ha’xxt, Hah’xxh, Ha’xxd.” Well, that was... anticlimactic? “That sounded like it hurt”, she said pitifully, making her way over to him, massaging his strong chest. “Probably because it did”, he admitted shyly, looking at anything but her eyes.

“Then why are you stifling like that?” She didn’t get an answer from him but an embarrassed glance in the direction of a group of people their age, standing about ten meters away from them. “They don’t care”, she assured him. “They’re not even paying attention to what we’re doing.” “Yeah and it should stay that way.” “You’re crazy, you know that?”, she giggled, giving him a quick kiss on the tip of his nose, which... didn’t turn out to be a great idea. At least not from his point of view.

“Ghhhe... Kayyyya... hah...” He looked so lost, standing there, viciously wiggling at his nose, gasping, not letting himself expel the allergic induced irritation. “Let go, it’s okay”, Kaya crooned, but Theo just wouldn’t let himself sneeze. “Hhhh, gh-ghi, hhhha... I caaan’t...” Kaya grasped the back of his with the effort of restrain bouncing head and pulled his face close to her shoulder.

“Just let go. It’s okay, I got you”, she said, carefully stroking the hair of her sniffly-snuffly boyfriend so he could relax. His glasses poked her in the skin as he finally let loose, stifling against her shoulder. “Heh’gnt, He’ngt, Heh’tng.” These stifles were less nasal like the ones from before, but more throaty, shuddering through them both like a mini earthquake.

If Theo being frightened of sneezing in public meant more of this, Kaya definitely wasn’t complaining. All she hoped was that he hadn’t noticed her stopping to fondle him during his trademark-triple, only picking it up again a few seconds afterwards. She swallowed hard trying to recover as fast as possible from what had just happened to her.

“Bless you”, she said, burying her nose in his heaving chest, the smell of vanilla and coconut flooding her senses. “Hih’tgn, Hi’ntg, Hihgtn.” Oh, he wasn’t done? That was totally fine by her, totally fine. How did she get so fucking lucky again? Right! No idea. It almost felt like someone else was witnessing this moment, like an out of body experience. She frowned at the abruptly sudden loss of nearness.

“God, I’m so sorry, Kaya, so sorry! I’m such a mess!” “Come here, my little mess”, she ensnared, pulling him close again. “I couldn’t hold them in anymore. I tried, you have to believe me.” “I don’t care, Theo. I really don’t.” “You must be so grossed out.” “I’m not.” “Heck, I’m so freaking embarrassed right now”, he whispered, his voice trailing off into the distance. “Don’t be. In fact, I love to be your allergy red herring”, Kaya said as innocently as possible, winking at a speechless Theo.

“Come on, let’s go to the shore together.” And with that they grabbed their bags and made their way down to the beach, hand in hand, past the people Theo had been so afraid of, completely engrossed in their conversation. “See? Mission accomplished”, said Kaya casually, squeezing his hand reassuringly. Theo pulled away instantly, leaving her confused.

As their feet hit the sand, they took of their shoes, regretting it only a few seconds later. “Hot!”, they screamed in unison, while starting to run towards the water. “It feels like my soles are about to burn”, she laughed hysterically, continuing to change her spot on the sand as fast as possible. “Why isn’t there any cold shadow on the... Aaaaah!” Theo picked her up playfully and spun her around. “What are you doing?” “Saving your feet from burning!” He didn’t put her down until they reached the safety of the cold ocean.

Kaya started to splash him the second she had regained her balance and Theo laughed, but it didn’t sound like laughing but more like choking for air. She immediately stopped. “Are you okay?” “Yeah... F-Fine...” “Okay, let’s just... relax first. Before going into the water, I mean”, she suggested, not only because he hadn’t fully convinced her but also because of her ocean-phobia.

They spread out in the blazing sun - not that they had much of a choice - Kaya stripping down to her bikini to lie on her stomach, Theo tying a white bandana around his mouth and nose to lie on his back. They stayed like this for a while, listening to the seagulls fighting over food and to the children playing hide and seek, when Kaya started to feel an unpleasant prickle on her shoulders.

“Theo?” “Mmh?” “Can you put sunscreen on me? I feel like I’m getting a sun burn.” “Sure”, he said and got up, searching for the cream she desperately needed. She watched him in the meanwhile, wandering in the sun like Poseidon in the ocean, like the brown Brazilian god he was. Well, he certainly didn’t need any of that sun protection.

Kaya couldn’t help but moan as his cool, creamy hands massaged her back in all the right places. “That feels so good”, she sighed, closing her eyes in pleasure. “You’re so pretty.” “Stop it! You’re way more handsome than I am”, she said turning around. “I wish”, he smiled, his usually dark hair shimmering golden in the sun.

“No seriously. Tell what you find so pretty about me. I don’t get it.” It wasn’t a lie. Kaya didn’t identify with the term ugly but even less with the term beautiful. In fact, she was so average looking she didn’t understand what 100/10 Theo saw in her most of the time. “Everything.” “Oh, so you like my pale skin that chars within 5 minutes of being in the sun?” “Among other things, yes.” “You’re playing with me.” “I’m not playing.”

“You can’t name one thing? Like for example I like your eyes, because they look like I imagine the galaxy. I like your freckles, because every time you laugh they dance with joy. I like your voice, especially when it says my name... To me it sounds like it’s been created for this one purpose. To say my name over and over again.”

Silence. Theo looked at her quizzically. It took him way too long to answer. “I’m not very good at taking compliments but everything you just said... means a lot. Really.” “So you got nothing for me?” “Look, I like your eyes, too.” “What do you like about them?” Maybe she was being a little harsh on him, but Kaya had just vulnerably put out her heart and soul in front of him and this was his response?

“I-I like the color. It’s not green but not blue, either. It’s kind of turquoise and... that’s special.” At least he knew her eye color. Her previous boyfriends probably would’ve needed a magnifying glass in this situation. “But I don’t really like them because of their color or anything.” Here we go. “I like them because they’re yours. Like your hair, your skin, your loud voice that someone can hear even when he’s a mile away from you, everything. I like it because it belongs to you, Kaya. To the stubborn, questioning, caring, emotional, extroverted woman I love.” Now, she was at a loss for words, like he had been in the parking lot, where she had told him she didn’t mind him sneezing on her. “Let’s go swimming.”

“Did I tell you that this is my first time coming here, since we moved?”, Kaya said anxiously. “Oh right, you’re scared of water! I almost forgot about that. You seemed so comfortable in our pool that one night.” “Of deep water, okay? And shut up or - shit, it’s cold - or I won’t even think about going in with you!”

Theo laughed, gently taking her hand. “Don’t worry. I got you.” She hesitated. “What if there are any sharks? Or jelly fish?” “Then I will make sure they eat me first”, he promised with a genuine sincerity. So she let him guide her into the depths of the ocean. She didn’t even have to move. The waves and Theo did a pretty good job at swimming for her. It almost felt like she was floating, lightly, like she wasn’t even moving in the water but in the air instead.

Then reality hit her. “Can we still touch the ground?” “No.” She shot him a doubtful glance. “Don’t panic. You’re doing great.” “Yeah, because I’m not doing anything. You’re doing all the work. Theo, look! We are by far the furthest out here”, she whined, pointing at all the families which swam about fifty meters away from them. “Easy. Don’t think about them. Just be here with me.”

So she was, breathing in and out, slowly so as to calm down. “I’m gonna put my hands on your hips. Is that okay?” Always so polite. “Just do it.” So he did, maneuvering her into a a lying position, so she could look up to the cloudless, blue sky. It calmed her anxiety to distract herself from the events happening around her. It felt truly amazing, only being carried by the waves and Theo’s supporting hands.

“You’re pretty good at that.” “For a while it was all I did. I come here as often as I can. It’s the only place where I can breathe.” Kaya knew that his words weren’t entirely supposed to be a metaphor, but were also meant quite literal. She relaxed against his touch and closed her eyes to the bright light of the sun, relying on his experience.

A big wave ruined their harmony however, as it sucked them down in the aftermath. Kaya gasped while Theo came up snorting uncomfortably. “Ugh, it got up my nose.” He pinched his nose fiercely, sniffling so deeply it made gurgling noises in his larynx. “Theo! Don’t let go off me!”, Kaya begged, tightly clinging onto him as he fidgeted, trying to get rid of her.

“Kaya hold on, I... hhhhheee, Ineedasneeze...” Twisting his head in an objectionable position to avoid hitting her with his sneezes, because there was absolutely no way on earth she was letting go now. Hu’GHIEeechiuue, Huh’YISH-qxshi... EEih’KIEhhSCHiYew-whoo”, he sneezed the misting spray away from her. “Pardon me, so sorry.”

Kaya had pressed herself so close to his body that she had felt every muscle of his perfect packs tensing from the sneezes, which - this time - had been so forceful even Theo, the pro and master of stifling, hadn’t been able to control them. “Woah, Bless you. I’m not used to you sneezing like that. Like so... out there”, Kaya giggled. “Sorry, I couldn’t help it”, he said it, a deep blush slaloming around his freckles. “I know. It’s all good.”

Still smiling like an idiot, she quickly became the one who couldn’t control her body. She kissed Theo hungrily. He picked up her passion and pace with surprise, just barely keeping up. In the eager process, she dove under water, pulling him down with her. The whole world around them went silently dark in that moment and nothing else mattered but the person hovering in front of her.

They continued to kiss until Kaya had to bob up for oxygen. Since Theo didn’t come back up she went under again, kissing him so hard little bubbles from the effort effervesced to the sunlight reflecting surface. As they both emerged again, she was completely out of breath. He seemed to be totally fine, though.

“How are you so good at holding your breath?”, Kaya panted, regretting her question as soon as it had escaped her rash mouth. “We should do that again sometime”, Theo ignored her words while he took her hands to slowly pull her back to the shore.

- tbc

I really love this update! Both of them going to the beach was great and so cute. I really enjoyed the part where Theo was unable to stifle. It's always cute to me when guys can't hold back their sneezes when they usually stifle them. I really hope you continue to write this, I love when I see there is a new update!

Aaaahhhhhh SO GOOD. I had commented when I was like two chapters in because I didn’t want to lose this story (before I learned I could follow posts haha). I binged the ENTIRE THING this morning and am soooo happy. I love these two! And I love all of the depth they have in their individual stories

• 1 month later...

@Yukkii I have to admit, I like the loss of control, too, hehe, sorry not sorry. Let me know if you enjoy the next part!

@Heathercd Eyyyy! I'm so glad you like my story so much. Your comment means a lot to me. You really motivate me to keep writing. 

@Kolen What do you mean by that? Would you like a chapter from Theo's point of view?

@notsneezy Don't worry! New part incoming.

The beach, part 2. Here we gooooo!

Chapter 28

“So... was it really that bad?” “No it wasn’t. It was pretty amazing, actually”, Kaya had to admit, biting her bottom lip with lust at the memory. The afternoon sun was beating down on them, slowing their senses and lulling them into idleness. The beach was slowly filling up with more and more people, leaving them with limited privacy.

“Hey check this out”, Kaya said, putting on her favorite sunglasses, bending over to Theo, who looked a little bit like a raider with his bandana. “”What is it?”, he asked, slitting his eyes. “Don’t you recognize them?” The reproach in her voice was unmistakable. “I’m not wearing my glasses. Recognize what?”, he asked, frantically beginning to search for his secondary eyes.

That’s when Kaya was shocked to realize he really couldn’t see a thing, as he dug for his glasses a meter away from them. She picked them up and held them right up to his eyes. Theo’s face lit up the second he could see again. “So glad I repaired these. You look absolutely gorgeous with them”, he winked, while she blushed at his compliment.

They spent some more time lying down, being kissed by the sun and entertained by the shouts of little children playing around in the water, when Kaya noticed Theo scurrying around next to her. She turned to the side, frowning in interest. “Hayfever bothering you?” As an answer Theo’s breath began to hitch. Kaya just waited for a real spelled out response, excitedly watching the little particles, which had a harmless impact on herself but a fatal one on her boyfriend, slowly take a hold of him.

His strong veiny shoulders twitching uncomfortably, his chest rising agitatedly and his golden brown muscular stomach tensing up, he struggled with the urge to sneeze. And he struggled for quite a bit, the tickle teasing him just the right amount not to make him sneeze but to be occupied with it enough not to notice Kaya’s staring.

Perplexed, she wasn’t able to react at first, but as his misery went on and there seemed to be no relieve in sight, Kaya finally got out of her rigidity and jumped to the rescue. “May I?”, she asked with her voice quivering, guiding Theo’s chin in her direction, pushing the bandana aside and putting her finger on his wrinkly pink nose.

The touch alone was enough to free him from the merciless prickle. Theo’s shoulders and chest relaxed for a second. Then came the long awaited fit, release and tension mixing together as his body got rid of the irritation wholeheartedly, pink eyes and nose dripping, freckles scrunching, belly crumbling with the effort. “Huh’YhnGTchiew, Hu’JhmKTschiue... hi Hi’xxschew...” “Bless you.” “Hehhh, gh... Ghihh...” Oh. Not ready. Hah’kngdchoo... Ha’ghXhQshe, Hih-gschtt’xxh...” Bless...” He’NyGTischi, Heh’NjKdchiew, He’xxh’shi...” ”... you”, Kaya ended her blessing with a giggle. Theo blushed, frantically looking around to see if he caught anyone’s attention except from Kaya’s.

“Excuse me, I can’t help it.” “I know that, silly”, Kaya said pitifully. “Pollen count high today, huh?” “You bet, snf. God, I hate spring.Theo made Kaya rethink her dislike for people who based their plans on the seasons. For him it would mean pure torture to spend the whole spring outside, in the protective shade of all kinds of trees or on a meadow full of flowers.

She felt bad as she caught herself wondering how bad his allergies could get if he got really close to certain weeds, that set him off even from a good distance. Shaking her head, Kaya got up. “I wanna go walk a little. You coming with me?” “I-I’d love to, but... snf... I gotta get this under control first”, he said, vaguely gesturing to his face.

Nodding understandingly, she turned her back to him, beginning her walk in the hot-as-desert-sand. She knew how embarrassed Theo could get with his hayfever and she wanted him to have a little time and space for himself, so he could freely take his medicine and extensively blow his nose without having to worry about being gross in her presence. As much as she would’ve liked to stay right where she was, she knew it wouldn’t help relieve his symptoms.

So she walked, past big families, past tourists, who talked in odd sounding languages, and past vendors with portable swimming gear stores. She liked the hurly-burly and how it took her mind off of the things she was concerned about almost non-stop. After going in to a few beach stores and enjoying the anonymity, she went back to Theo with a small surprise in her hand.

“Close your eyes and open your mouth”, she commanded, kneeling down in front of him. He did as he was told. “A refreshing sip coming through”, she laughed, maneuvering the straw to his lips. “What is this?”, Theo wanted to know, not closing his mouth around it. “Let yourself be surprised.” “Seriously, what is that?”, he kept pressing, moving his head away.

“Damn, Theo, just drink it already”, Kaya said, rolling her eyes at his unnecessary caution. He opened his eyes, looking down on the open coconut in Kaya’s hands. “Wow, are you really that distrusting? It’s not that it’s poisonous or anything.” “Maybe not for you but I’m... very... allergic... tooohooo... coconutsexcusemehhhiYEIggHEsshhiew, Ha’NyGtshX, Hah’khgtxchew”, Theo shyly sneezed into his shoulder, as if the thought of coconut alone alarmed his immune system.

Guilt washed over Kaya as she shakily put the coconut water aside. Now that she thought about it, she remembered coconuts being on Marcel’s detailed list of things his little brother was allergic to. God, he really had to ride it down for her.

“Shit, I’m so sorry, I forgot. I-I could’ve killed you, that was so stupid of me, please... forgive my stupid self. I had no idea, literally none, you have to believe me, I...” She kept on rambling. If Theo wouldn’t have stopped her, she probably would’ve kept going forever and ever... and ever. “Kaya, it’s totally fine. I’m the one with food allergies. It’s my responsibility to always know what I’m eating or drinking. You have to forgive me for being so boring and having to ruin your surprise.”

“How’s Lukas doing, by the way?”, Kaya tried a lighter tone. “He’s doing good. Learning for his bachelor’s degree at the moment.” “Where in Germany does he live?” “Right now? In Hamburg. But originally he’s from Hanover.” “How do you guys know each other?” “From elementary school. After my dad and my sister died, he was the only one who stayed out of all my friends. He’s the definition of a lifelong friend to me.”

Kaya nodded. “Once you move away, you realize, who your real friends are. It was the same with me. Of course I’ve stayed in contact with a few of my friends, but the only person who still fully supports me is my best friend Britt.” “The one, who doesn’t have asthma anymore?” “Yeah”, she replied, stunned at how good Theo’s memory was. Such small detail about someone else’s life would’ve slipped Kaya’s mind immediately, but not his.

He was an attentive listener. His charm wasn’t about big gestures or expensive gifts, but about tiny tokens of love like simply remembering the words of someone important to him or sharing moments with his significant other like right now. “She’s a lucky person”, Theo said. “Because she isn’t asthmatic anymore?” At that he chuckled heartily. “Yeah, because of that too. But I actually meant because she has you as her best friend.”

While he kept laughing, a knot grew in Kaya’s stomach. “How do you wanna know that?”, she asked in a serious tone, that made the joy in his eyes and the playful smile on his lips disappear right away. “Because I’m just as lucky to have you as my girlfriend.”

They kissed after that. So long that any problem on earth could’ve easily been solved in that time. So long that any of their worries and concerns got washed away by the whooshing waves behind them. Kaya loved Theo’s taste of powdery asthma medicine and minty toothpaste on her tongue.

She loved his smell of vanilla and coconut, that he would never eat, in her nose. Everything around them became a blur. There was just his warm skin on her cold one and his brown hands on her white cheeks.

It took them a while to realize the pleasant summer breeze turning into a biting wind. As more and more people came back from the shore to pack their things and leave the beach, the muggy air had developed into raindrops. Kaya and Theo noticed, that it was raining by the time they were already soaked to the bone.

She pulled away from his lips, watching the world change before her eyes. The previously steady waves reared up, the sand had begun to twirl around them, the fluffy clouds had expanded to not only cover the sun but the whole sky, which wasn’t brighter than at night. Hastily Theo got up next to her.

“Come on, let’s get back to the car!” He had to scream to be heard over the foaming, roaring waves. “No let’s stay here a little longer!” “Are you crazy?” “No, look!” Kaya pointed to the horizon behind the black raging sea, where lightning bolts distantly fizzled to the ground. “Isn’t this beautiful?”

She loved being stuck in the middle of a storm, where nature had the upper hand. Squealing and squeaking she sprinted down to the sea, letting herself be sucked down by the extreme suction of the water. Theo followed her in unease.

“Kaya, what are you doing?” “I’m living!” Her shouting was swallowed by the storm.” “Get out of the water! Enough adventures for today!” “It doesn’t matter! We’re already wet!” Theo stayed back as she splashed around like a child. “Come on! No risk, no fun!”

She pulled him close, kissing him in the darkness, that was only brightened by the lightning miles away. Their moment got disrupted by the onset of thunder, that crashed through the din as if it actually were silence.

Now Theo pulled away from her lips, pulling her out of the water. “Come on, crazy! Let’s get back!” As Kaya hesitated he became more energetic in his manner. “Do you have a death wish or somethin’? Let’s go!” “But it’s so beautiful!” “And hella cold”, he argued.

Another thunder pounded through their chests like the strong bass at a live concert. Rolling her eyes, she gave in and let herself be guided back to the parking lot, where Theo stopped, looking at her expectantly.

“What?” “You got the keys!” “The keys?” “For the car! You didn’t give them to me.” Frowning nervously, Kaya hastily began scanning her dress, although she knew it had no pockets. “I don’t have them! I don’t know where I put them.” “Merda!”, Theo scolded.

“Dammit, Kaya, what were you thinking?” “Nothing! Obviously! I thought I gave them to you!” “Well, you didn’t!” “Thank you for that smart revelation, Theo! Really helpful right now!” “How can you be so irresponsible? Not just with the keys but with the storm as well!” They kept arguing. Meanwhile it was raining so hard that Kaya could only blink rapidly so as not to go blind and Theo could only gape his mouth open like a goldfish so as not to drown.

“Well, we have to go back to search for them! They’re the only car keys we have left!” Of course Theo was the one to make the first constructive suggestion. “But I can’t see nothing!”, Kaya objected. “You think I can?”, he shouted, pointing at his fogged up glasses. Well, he got a point.

They began their search on, under and around car, slowly working their way away from it. The wind carried the thunder closer and closer to them. Kaya wasn’t worried about the growing intensity of the storm like Theo, who seemed more and more reluctant to dwell on the moist sand. She was concerned about Theo, who choked on every raindrop and every cold gust coming his way.

Trying to ignore his gasping and panting, which was the only thing so apparent it couldn’t be drowned out by the noise of the weather, Kaya kept digging blindly. She wondered how quickly the situation had escalated from harmless to dangerous in a matter of half an hour.

When they finally found the keys in a sand hollow, the worst was already over. They hurried back in a drizzle, being welcomed by the comfort of the car and a light beam of the dark sky shining through the windshield. Kaya jumped behind the wheel and closed the door, sighing with relief.

Theo, on the other hand, piped down, body shivering and teeth chattering fiercely. “Don’t worry, it’ll get warmer soon”, she promised, regulating the heat to max level. Ten minutes passed and Theo still shook like a leaf despite Kaya’s rubbing and the heater’s air pumping.

“It’s so cold...” “I know. I’m cold, too”, she lied to make him feel better. In fact she was actually sweating from every pore of her body. “Ha, hhha- Hah’ngtshx, Heh’ghGKdchiew, He’yIHXschuue...” “Bless you.” “Y-You’re only c-cold?”, he stammered, “I’m f-fucking freez... hhh... freeziiiihngtKgXHschoo, Hi’JjiYkgmdchoo, Hih’hYxTshew, sorry. “It’s okay. Bless you.”

Another ten minutes of some failed sneeze- as well as some failed stifle-attempts passed and Kaya had slipped from caretaker- to guilt-mode She knew Theo was angry for losing the car keys. She knew his hayfever always acted up in the rain. And she knew she was pretty afraid of the fight they were probably about to have or better said: about to continue.

“Look, Theo. I’m so sorry. I should’ve paid more attention to what I was doing earlier with the keys and then... with the weather. I know I was reckless but I just wanted to have fun and be wild and free... All I’m saying is, I’m really...” Theo leaned over to the driver’s side, kissing Kaya, who was so surprised by his suddenness that she pulled away.

“What... What are you doing?” “Catching up on our lovebirds-phase”, he clarified lovingly. That was all the explanation Kaya needed. She should’ve known that Theo wasn’t the resentful type, who would do anything to resurrect an argument, but the one to let it rest simply because of her emotional well-being.

Kaya’s blood pressure dropping with facilitation and her heartrate rising with excitement, she climbed to the backseats, pulling Theo with her by his wet clothes. Wind howling between the leaky windows and raindrops pattering on the windshield, they pecked each others lips. First with tenderness and affection, then with want and need.

As the street lamps exposed its shyly dimmed light, they undressed in the covert of the front seats. Kaya stared at Theo’s body with hunger and at its functions with concern. “You’re still trembling.” Theo stared at Kaya’s body with absolute appreciation, his galaxy-like eyes revealing their entire expansion. “And you’re still beautiful”, he countered, ignoring her true statement.

It was the first time Kaya didn’t feel at the mercy of a man, sitting in front of Theo topless, but rather precious as he didn’t dare to touch her, looking at her with palpable restraint. It was clear he wouldn’t do anything to or with her, as long as she didn’t give him a signal. And as badly as she wanted to, Kaya needed a second to collect herself so as not to fall right into a flashback.

She closed her eyes, cursing herself, because in this very moment she discovered, that Theo had been right all along. She was the one who needed to be ready, not him. No one had ever held back before. That was why it had never been her decision to make. Now it was and Kaya was so overwhelmed by that fact that she could only do one thing.

She knew she could never wait for something so patiently like Theo waited for her. In fact, she knew she couldn’t wait at all or at least: not anymore. So she opened her eyes. “I want you to put your hands on me, Theo.” He seemed to be taken aback by her words. “Are you sure?” “Yes, I am.” So he finally touched her. All of her.

~ tbc

What would you guys say, if Theo catches a cold from this little adventure?

This was very cute! When I read the last part I was already wondering "Hmm is Theo going to get sick or something" lol!

On 4/22/2022 at 3:43 AM, Yukkii said:

This was very cute! When I read the last part I was already wondering "Hmm is Theo going to get sick or something" lol!

YES PLEASE!!! I second it!!

And @glitter_ I was indeed wondering if we could see Theo's POV

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You guuuys... I'm so sorry for my long absence. I've been so busy at work the last few months I could barely get anything together in my free time. But now I'm back with a little bit of a... steamy (?) reward. Hope you enjoy this next chapter.

@missfemmefatale I tried to hint it just a little, hehe, sorry not sorry. 

@Kolen I will try my best. This chapter is still Kaya's POV. But maybe I'll get there in the next chapter.

@Privatedancer I'm glad you like it.

Chapter 29

They drove back in silence, Kaya shivering from the past experience, Theo still from the cold air. The wind had returned with such strength, that Kaya was forced to countersteer a couple of times in order not to leave the lane.

As if that wasn’t stressful enough for Theo with his car-phobia the roadway got swallowed by complete darkness, leaving the on the puddles reflecting car lights to be the only source of brightness. Kaya took a turn to the right. Then the rain came back full force, clattering down the windshield in hard, little drops, which soon developed into a full-blown hailstorm.

She commanded herself not to panic as she felt her hands vying with the wind for control of the steering wheel. She calmed herself down by using sound... The soothing rhythm of the hail... and images... The hazy blur of bright lights and dark water.

The wind carried her away, back to the moment she had shared with Theo half an hour ago. It was a recent memory so strong and beautiful, it wouldn’t just distract her from this situation alone, but from a thousand others in the future. It would then become a distant memory, not soothing as the hail’s rhythm but exciting, not blurry but clear as day, more strong and beautiful than she was able to realize just yet.

For now the after effects of that life changing moment only made her fidgety and forget time. It seemed as if the wind had made the car fly. “You can relax. We’re home. Safe and sound”, she said, more to herself than to Theo, who seemed to take his first real breath since she started the car.

Pulling up directly in front of their house, Kaya unbuckled her seat belt with no intention of leaving the car anytime soon. Of course not because of the loud storm raging outside but because of the silent storm raging inside.

“Theo?” It was the first time their eyes met again since it happened. “Thank you... for-for waiting for me.” He smiled, his lips trembling. “Of course.” “It was just... perfect”, she said sheepishly. His smile grew deeper. “I’m glad.” “We should do that again soon.” “Yes, we should”, he chuckled, “although I’d prefer the comfort of our bed the next time.” This time his chuckle turned into a cough, which forced him to bent over.

“Come on, let’s get outta here and into the warm comfort of our bed”, Kaya suggested with a wink. She didn’t need to say it twice, as Theo jumped out of the car into the pouring rain. While he pulled the things, she had packed at her parents’s place earlier that day, out of the trunk, Kaya wondered whether he quickly wanted to go inside because of the warm comfort or because of their bed. Slow down, stupid. Probably he just couldn’t stand being in that car any longer.

Sighing, she got out of the car as well. She wanted to help Theo carry the bags inside, but he politely declined her offer. Behind the door they were greeted by a furious Marcel. “Where have you two been?” “Uh... outside?”, Kaya tried the obvious reply. Judging by Theo’s older brother’s eyes it was definitely the wrong reply. She needed to get her mouth under control.

“Oh, really? I’ve been trying to call the both of you, but neither picked up!” Something about this situation made her want to bust out laughing but peeking in Theo’s direction she decided otherwise. “Marcel, this helicopter-parent-style doesn’t fit you very well, in all honesty”, she tried to ease the tension with a joke. Marcel’s face features stayed cool as ice. What had they done to upset him this much?

“You have to be more careful, Kaya! Seriously!”, Marcel rebuked, now turning his attention away from her to his brother. “And you? Do you really want to catch your death out there?” “No”, Theo answered intimidated. He escaped Marcel’s intense glance by lowering his eyes to the ground.

Slowly Kaya started to grasp what his moral sermon was all about. “We’ll come home earlier next time”, she promised placatory. “Well, I hope so. Otherwise I won’t allow a next...” Marcel stopped immediately and focused on his little brother, who had just stifled a cough into his fist. Concern overcame every cell of him as he stepped closer to Theo, not reproachfully like before but lovingly instead.

“You breathing alright?” “Yes, Marci. Ahem... Don’t worry about it.” Sighing relieved, he patted his shoulder. “Damn it, Theo! Look at you. You’re soaking wet. You need a hot shower. Right now!” Only now Kaya realized that her hair was still dripping and her sticky dress revealed more of her body than she was comfortable with.

Theo coughed again. But this time he wasn’t able to contain it fully. “You’re wheezing”, his big brother detected with a deep frown. “Do you have your...” “I’m not”, Theo denied harshly.

To break the tense situation, Kaya stepped in by taking Theo’s hand. “I really need that hot shower and I think you too. Come on.” “Yeah, agora vá!”, Marcel said, concern still creeping around in his voice, as he watched them climb the stairs, each of them one moving-in-bag in hand.

“And, Theo! Please don’t forget to take your flovent regularly.” “I won’t”, he assured his brother with a reassuring, but weak smile.

Once at the top, Kaya stopped dragging Theo along to instead turn around. “Are you wheezing?”, she asked, reaching for her boyfriend’s chest. He stepped back. “No, I’m not. You please stop as well.” “Okay, okay”, she said, shrugging as if she didn’t care, even though she did.

They went into their room and got rid of the bags. “What was that about?” “What?”, Theo wanted to know. “Marcel! One second he was all mad about us being away too long and the next he was glad that we are here.” “He is just worried is all.” “Why should he be worried?”

As Theo refused to respond, frantically cleaning up the desk, Kaya tried a different question: “What is flovent?” “Didn’t you want to go showering?” “Only if you join me”, she said with a wink, trying not to be bothered by his lack of answers by picking up right where they left off. Unfortunately he didn’t seem as excited as she expected him to be.

“You go first. I’m a little run down to be honest.” “Then you should go first”, she proposed, “I’m still full of energy.” Theo gave her a doubtful glance, his gentleman-gene hindering him to take the offer. “You sure?” “Yeah, totally. I could start to unpack all of my things and organize myself a little. Make myself at home. Make it official, you know?”

Clearing his throat uncomfortably and concealing a full body shiver, he gave in. As soon as the water in the adjoining bathroom started running, Kaya opened up her bag as well as Theo’s wardrobe and started to stack her clothes into the two compartments, that he had emptied just for her.

While Theo’s clothes were all thrown inside in small balls, she carefully piled her folded ones up, so that everything she had taken with her would fit in the limited space. Because whereas Theo was a bit frugal with his outfit-collection - he owned a few but therefore well thought out ones - Kaya possessed a larger bandwidth of clothes, many of which she didn’t even wear.

She was just truly getting started, when a noise demanded her attention. It came from the bathroom. Quiet and hidden. Muffled by the walls. And still unmistakably there. Kaya would’ve identified it anywhere. Even if it were miles away. And the best part? The sound wasn’t over. ”-shiew... -schew”, Theo’s sneezes rang through to her.

Although he was alone in the shower, he still held back. That was another thing Kaya had learned about him. He would never stop suppressing his sneezes unless he physically couldn’t anymore. Unless the need, the itch, the allergy was getting too strong, the mast cell inflammation at it’s peak.

”-chuue... -choo... -shi.” Kaya sighed and moved closer to the source of the sneezes. Leaning against the wall, which was the only thing left separating them, she imagined her boyfriend standing in the shower, his gorgeous naked body moving in discomfort, as tiny droplets of water wetted his beautiful brown skin. Stomach yoking up with huge shudders, shoulders bouncing with each hitching preparing breath, muscular arms coming up to catch the incoming allergic outbursts.

She imagined his mouth lopsided, swollen with irritation, his pink and moist nostrils flaring dangerously, his eyes fluttering, trying to blink the allergic tears away. His chin shooting up and then... ”-chyew... -schtt... -shee.”... the oh so urgent release.

Kaya pressed her ear even closer to the wall, her whole body beginning to tingle. And before she knew it she was touching herself to the sound of his sneezes. The wall was too thick and the streaming water too loud for Kaya to hear his full sneeze, but she was always able to catch the last syllable of it.

The vocal part, where Theo’s wonderful voice - breathy, firm and soothing - came through. The uncontrollable part. No matter how successfully he stifled, this last syllable had to slip out to alleviate the tickle for even the slightest of moments. ”-schoo... -shue... -shy...”

Maybe it was her favorite part. But then again only being allowed to listen to this one segment, made her miss the others so much more. The delicate, squeaky crunchiness of the middle phase, always jumping up and down between throat, larynx and nose. The stifling phase, so adorable and hot at the same time.

And then of course the first phase with it’s highs and lows, with it’s abruptness or stretchiness, teasingly deciding on how the allergen needed to get out. The sweet urgency or the long torture of the hitching phase.

Together each of these sections completed the perfect half-stifled sneezes of her handsome allergic boyfriend. And as they didn’t die down, Kaya started to assume the rest of the segments by experience, so the complete sound of them could echo at least in her head if not in her ears.

With all the variation and wholesomeness. Always in threes.

HEH’NxgHKCHhiew... Hi’JYIHktGschHOO, hihi... HU’gshNXTKgSHuu...” Sometimes louder.

Huh’xxgchoo, He’ngtd’chew, Hih’yexxk’shiew...” Sometimes quieter.

Hhi’YnGhqxxsshhiiew... ha... HA... HAH’XhngTYschhhooo... ghi.... HEI’qXhXtdcchhheeyw.” Sometimes drawn out.

”Ha’nttsht, -mkkshi, -xxshx.” Sometimes fast paced.

But always in threes. ”He’xxxhschew... Hi’GshNghxqschoo, Huh’YnjMKGtdsshchiiew... hhheee... Hah’ngt’shx.” Well, almost.

Kaya came in that second, biting away her moan of delight. And then everything from before came flooding back.

The way he had touched her in all the right places, a thousand times better then she had just now, as if he had studied her body with all it’s wants and needs over the course of his entire life. The way he had been able to tempt her lust just enough to then absolutely overstimulate it. They way he had made her feel as if they were in a huge rush but had all the time in the world simultaneously. They way he only had concentrated on provoking her penchants, as if his own weren’t even existent.

Kaya had never had a partner like Theo before. Someone who made sure she was content and comfortable at all times. Someone who put her wishes before his own. Someone who could get aroused by the simple fact that she was aroused.

Kaya had nearly forgotten what sexual attraction felt like. Her last boyfriends had given no shit whatsoever about what she desired. They had used her for their pleasure-purposes only. But with Theo it was totally different.

Kaya appreciated her new life and her brave choices for what they were. A possibility to live freely and self-determinedly, growing and learning in a healthy environment, where she didn’t need to restrain herself anymore.

When she heard the water being turned off, she got up, trying to get back to her original task to not seem suspicious. Theo didn’t take long to enter their room, towel around his waist, hair shaggy and nose red. “You didn’t get far I see.” Well, if he knew. “Nooo, I... relaxed a little.” “Alright.” His chuckle sounded deep and raspy.

“Now it’s your turn”, he said, pointing to the bathroom. “Mmmh”, Kaya replied, not really trusting her voice. As she started to move towards the door, she got stopped by his shaky inhale. Turning around just in time, she watched her boyfriend succumb to the tickle once again. This time with every beautiful phase.

“Hiiih, he... Heeeh’GHiXhqchew... Huh’mgtkschuue, Hu’YngxDshiew, ugh... Excuse me, so sorry, that’s beed goig od for a while, snf snf.” You need to calm down, Kaya told herself as she watched her stubborn boyfriend trying to sniffle the inevitable next set of sneezes away. Not wanting him to notice her staring, Kaya turned around again.

She didn’t even reach the door handle, when another one of his little fits distracted her. “He’ngxHSCHEE, Ha’yNkyxqshoo... hi Hah’JnJgqxchew-whoo, snfl...” That tiny extra-syllable at the end killed her. My god, is he sneezy right now. She really had to force herself through that door.

“Kaya? I’b... snf... I’m sorry I was a bit dismissive before. I just know how the steam of the shower sets me off sometimes and I didn’t want you to experience that mess.” If. He. Knew. “It’s okay”, she said, swallowing hard.

“And... I didn’t acknowledge enough, that you officially moved in today. I’m so happy, believe me. We have to celebrate that.” Kaya hadn’t even considered Theo’s behavior towards her being disrespectful by any means. If anything, he had been a little moody, which was nothing compared to Sebastian’s whims, that had sucked the life out of her way too often. To prove to him that she didn’t mind his grumpiness from before, she suggested: “Let’s get fancy dinner sometime and celebrate properly.”

“Souds... snf... Sounds great. Now go shower before you catch... hhhh... before you catch a cooold... He... HEH...” Kaya nodded and reluctantly left the room, Theo’s sneezes - once again - being muffled by the walls.

-tbc

• 1 month later...

@notsneezy Wow! That is a huge compliment for me. You have no idea how much I freaked out when I first read it.

@BCCLX Thank youuuu!

I'm baaaack! I learned that apparently in America there are no manual cars but only automatic ones. You now have to live with my European inaccuracy, because I was too lazy to change it, haha. I hope you enjoy this next part. And I can't ask you enough for feedback. So pleeease, send me feedback. It really motivates me to keep going. So here is... for the very first time (drum roll, please) Theo's pov. Tell me if you like it and if you want more of it in the future. 

Chapter 30

“Faster.” Theo gripped the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles became bloodlessly white.

“Stop holding on to the clutch, just let it go and concentrate on the accelerator.” Carefully he put less pressure on the left pedal and therefore more on the right. Clenching his teeth, Theo could feel the car slowly picking up it’s speed. And he didn’t like it at all.

“Now clutch, shift and then repeat what I just said”, Kaya ordered. He obeyed, driving so jerkily, that the car went a little off track in the process. Not wanting his girlfriend to notice his looming panic, Theo gripped and clenched even more, hoping his fear would transfer into those points of tension.

“Careful”, Kaya said, putting her hand on the steering wheel for support. “Let go”, she told him. Or more for complete takeover. “The reason it feels so stiff is, because you keep clutching with your hands. Just relax. Blink right and slow down a little.” Theo did as he was told and Kaya made a flawless turn with one hand. “See? I had no pressure on it and it felt like butter, didn’t it?” Theo nodded rigidly.

Swallowing against a sandpaper-like pain in his throat, he kept going.

“Careful! The car behind you. You’re going too slow. Speed up.” His heart seemed to respond better to Kaya’s last instruction than the car did. Slowly they got faster and everything around them became a blur. Because of the fast motion Theo found it almost impossible to focus on his surroundings, on the mirrors, on Kaya’s voice...

“Theo! Red light! Break! BREAK!” Finally coming back to his senses, he stomped on the resistant pedal like there was no tomorrow, bringing the two of them to a sudden halt. The tires screeching resembled how much Theo’s throat hurt while swallowing at the moment.

“Jesus Christ, Theo! We almost got hit by that car behind us! What were you thinking, for god’s sake?” “I-I... wanted to... I wasn’t...” Bloody hell! Stop stammering already.

“Theo? Theo! It’s green. Please drive.” Only now did he register the aggressive honking of the driver, whose arrival was unintentionally hindered by him. He forced himself to continue despite the massive sensory overload he was experiencing. Legs wobbly and arms shaky, he directed the car past the traffic light, down to an intersection, where he made an uncoordinated left-turn.

“Hey, are you alright?” Don’t hyperventilate. Just keep going. “Are you okay?” Suck it up. Like you always do. “Theo, you should pull over. You can pull over right there.” Kaya was right. He needed to stop driving. Right. Now.

Following her finger, Theo pulled over abruptly, rolling down the window before even turning the engine off. “What happened?”, Kaya wanted to know, her voice bottled with worry.

Theo couldn’t bare to look at her. He couldn’t admit that he was on the verge of a panic attack right now just because they had been driving 30 miles per hour. “What’s wrong with you?” He had put his girlfriend in danger like his father had put his sister in danger. “Theo?”

“I-hh... I can’t speak right now.” “What do you mean you can’t talk? Are...” Although breathing heavily, Theo could still hear Kaya’s heart dropping to the floor. “Are you having an asthma attack?” Fuuuck. Stop panicking, stoppanicking. He shook his head no, cursing himself inwardly. If she was already so scared of his asthma, not having experienced nearly half of it, he wondered how much worse her fear of it could get.

Theo hated attention like that as much as he hated his body and its ability to scare every person he cared about.

And even though he hadn’t lied about his asthma not flaring up, it would be a lie in a short period of time, since a panic attack always turned into an asthma attack sooner or later.

Calm down. The screams of a newborn. Then nothing but silence. “Then what is it? Just tell me what’s wrong”, Kaya begged. Her words bounced off him like bullets off a body armor. Calm down. Bloodily shredded limps spread out on the street. “N-no... I mean... Don’t tell me, obviously. Stupid me.” CALM. DOWN.

“Are you sure you don’t need your inhaler? You don’t have to be ashamed. I don’t mind, I promise.” For some unknown reason those words got through to him. Not because of their loudness but because of their meaning. In that second he understood that his girlfriend had relied on him so much, only seeing him struggle health-wise, not mentally, that she probably hadn’t really considered that he couldn’t just hurt physically but psychologically as well. And he needed to maintain the picture she had of him. So at least she could heal.

Trying to banish the traumatic images and sounds from his mind as best as he could, Theo sat up straight and looked into Kaya’s captivating eyes. “I’m okay.” He forced a smile on his face and began to softly stroke her silky hair, hoping she wouldn’t detect his hand trembling.

“How do I know you’re telling me the truth?”, Kaya asked, leaning into the touch. “You can trust me”, Theo said, ignoring the excruciating phantom pain in the arm, he caressed his girlfriend with.

“Are you sure you’re fine?” “Yeah, I’m sure.” “Then what happened?” “The air in here was just really stuffy. All good now.” “Okay, if you say so”, Kaya sighed and gave him one of her unbeatably magnificent smiles. Damn, was she gorgeous. How did he deserve someone like her?

Putting his arm down gingerly, she wrapped him in a kiss he could only return reluctantly, since he still had a desert-like sensation happening in the back of his throat. They parted, leaving Kaya to be the one to fondle with his hair. Since the didn’t lock lips any more, they locked foreheads, his glasses turning foggy because of her breath.

“You’re safe. You’re here with me now. You’re driving that car, not your father. I’m okay. You’re okay. We’re okay.” Even it was only a whisper, it was more piercing than a scream could ever be.

Theo broke away from Kaya’s nearness, looking at her bewildered. He had definitely underestimated her. Normally he was good at pretending, at hiding his true feelings, at acting like everything was fine. But with Kaya it seemed different, unfamiliar almost. Normally he was the one to comfort and nurture others. It was in his nature. Maybe she had learned about his vulnerability passively by sharing her own with him.

“Better tell the truth next time”, she said with a tone to her voice, that left no room for argument. “How... wh-why?” Aaand that stutter is back. Great. “You helped me overcome my fear of the ocean. Now I’m helping you with your driving-phobia. That makes us even.”

“Thank you”, Theo said, wincing uncomfortably. The ache got worse each time he swallowed. “Of course”, Kaya breathed firmly and completely shifted her expression afterwards.

“But you have to admit that I was the much easier student. I mean look at your messy driving. How did you even get your driver’s license in the first place? How did you even pass the eye test with your blindness beforehand?”, she mocked playfully. “Um... Excuse me, Miss Perfect? You wish! I’m 99% sure you got your swimming badge as a prize at the fair”, Theo countered, feeling the anxiousness finally leave his body. “Good one”, Kaya laughed and then challenged sassily: “If that were really true and you are way more competent at driving than I am at swimming, then show me.” So he did.

“Well, still a little rough around the edges, but clearly better than the first half”, Kaya stated, as Theo parked the car in front of their house. “Well done, my padawan. I’m proud of you”, she praised him lovingly. “Thanks, master”, he chuckled huskily, his throat troubling him more than he wanted to admit.

The mood became more serious now that the lesson was over. “You feel safe doing that on your own tomorrow?” Absolutely not. “Yeah, absolutely.” What else should he say? He needed that money. No question. “I mean, you basically did it all by yourself already. I was just the moral support.” Not true. “True that”, he sighed, remembering every single time Kaya had taken over the steering wheel.

“You know, it’s okay if you’re not... up for it.” “I have to be”, Theo tried to dodge. “No, you don’t. There are other jobs out there that would be more fitting for you than...” “You mean the ones where I was rejected for various reasons? The ones I applied to over one month straight. That was one month where I could’ve paid off my health insurance debts. I don’t want to lose coverage, you know?”

Maybe he had just said that a bit saltier than intended. But he was under a lot of pressure after all. With all the medications his asthma required - different types of inhalers and pills, his nebulizer, as well as his epipen - the insurance bills were already expensive enough as it was, especially after cold and allergy season. But with coverage they were prohibitively expensive.

“I’m sorry. I have no right to say anything. At the moment I can’t even manage studying let alone working. That’s the only perk of my father, I guess. Shit, I feel so guilty right now. I’m sorry.”

He was just about to start talking, so he could explain his girlfriend she didn’t need to be sorry for anything, as he was hit by a familiar feeling at the rim of his nostrils. It spread quickly through his nasal passages down to his aching throat, where it started a fire and sent it back up.

The sizzling flames spread in his nose like wildfire. That’s when the unbearably itchy, burning tickle overcame him. Theo acted fast, pushing the car door open and clumsily stumbling out of the car so as not to sneeze on Kaya.

And right away, inhaling sharply, came the salvation. Hhhhhi-NyGhxshiew’hhhhheh-NjKhqshoo’hhhhhiiih-XhxCkgdscheyw, ugh...sorry.” Fuck. If Theo even had had any doubts at all, they would be gone now. This was clearly becoming a cold. Stupid storm. Stupid immune system.

Kaya stepped out of the car as well, giggling sympathetically. “Bless youuuu”, she mimed the gasps in between his sneezes. “Haha”, he deadpanned, rolling his eyes. “Really funnyyyhhhhi...”

Oh no. Hastily, Theo covered his mouth with his hands, not allowing the over-dramatic hitching to escape. He folded in half in effort to silence his stupid nose. ”Hh’xxh, ‘nxt, ‘ntt.” Ow. That bothered his throat big time.

“Don’t stifle. I was just surprised. I never heard you sneeze like that before. That’s why I laughed.” It was true. Theo’s sneezes indeed changed when he got sick, much to his dissatisfaction. That way it always had been harder to hide it from Marcel and soon from Kaya as well, once she would realize it.

So he had to control his sneezing asap. Which... was kind of tricky considering the fact that his sick sneezes didn’t announce themselves like the allergic ones did. Speaking of which... HhhhhhHA’gxh, hh‘xQx, ‘hhh-qXq’sh.” Shit, that hurt.

“Bless you, please stop stifling like that”, Kaya pleaded, approaching him. As much as Theo loved her, oh, what he would give to be alone right now, not having to deal with her reaction to his misery. Because although Kaya was understanding as hell about his constant troubles with some sort of allergen or irritant to the point she said she didn’t mind, Theo just didn’t know how to deal with that.

He found his bodily functions so utterly repelling, that he couldn’t grasp her finding them adorable - Kaya’s words, not his. Well... obviously.

But it wasn’t only him being gross and disgusting around Kaya as always, involuntarily shooting snot and mucus all over the place, that made him want to keep a safe distance from her. Because above all he didn’t want to contaminate his girlfriend.

Without seeming suspicious of course. Which... was kind of impossible since the urge to sneeze returned once again with a fierce vengeance, not giving him time to think and adjust properly before... “Hhhhhhhiii-YEIxHxshueehhhhheeeH-yeNyKgtshi’hhhhhuh-XndTkchiuuhhhhHHA... ugh, excuse me.” About that plan of controlling this freaking outbursts... Yeah, nice try.

“Bless you, little cutie pie”, Kaya crooned. He wanted to teleport or even vanish altogether in that moment, that’s how embarrassed he was. He already hated his normal allergy induced sneezes, but his cold induced sneezes... Let’s just say they were something else. A different caliber.

With hayfever for example Theo was always on the verge of a sneeze, the feeling of having to get rid of every single fiber of pollen in his nose never fully leaving him, whereas with a cold it struck him unprepared and extremely fast. As soon as the feeling would appear, he would be sneezing his head off not a second later. So although allergies were more annoying, draining and all consuming, they were at least calculable.

And because his sick sneezes striked so atrociously, he didn’t get a tiny pause for a good breath between them like he did with his allergic ones, which made his crappy lungs overreact and create this super pathetic, high pitched gasps as a bridge for his rapid half-stifles.

And as if that change in sneezing habits wasn’t enough to give a cold away, once the virus fully settled in his body, Theo’s stifles would start transitioning from nasal, throaty noises to this chesty tone, that always set off his big brother’s concern.

And then the triple pattern would break, leaving him in breathless, never ending sneeze attacks.

Trying to swallow the pain away with the disgust for his lousy health, Theo concentrated on Kaya again by discreetly stepping away from her. “That were some intense sneezes”, she said with a confused expression. “Yeah, sorry. Allergy attack.” That look on Kaya’s face progressed into something else after his statement. Something Theo couldn’t quite place.

God, did he hate talking about sneezing. But if it was to convince someone that he wasn’t getting ill, Theo would do it any time of the day. “Let’s get inside”, he said, trying to sound as nonchalantly as possible.

The next days, he had to brace himself for a whole lot of stifling and shaping his sneezes so they sounded exactly like his allergies. After all, he would do anything in his power to make sure no one worried about him like Kaya had in the car earlier. Luckily, he had some experience with that.

- To be continued

Oh, poor Theo. I hope he can accept some TLC from Kaya when he comes home from work. I can only imagine how exhausted he must be from the stress of driving and the effort to hide his cold.

Great update as always @glitter_!

• 3 weeks later...

Guess who's back? Back again? Beautiful people, I hope you all enjoy the next chapter. Theo's pov. At work part 1. Here we gooo!

@EveP You know how stubborn Theo is. It'll take him a while. But hopefully he'll get there sooner or later. For now he wants to suffer alone. Typical Theo.

@secret19 Thank you very very much. I really appreciate, that you like my story so much. I hope you like this next part as well. I tried to be quick with the update this time. 

Chapter 31

“Here in the office we take the calls and forward them to you. Whenever you are done with a repair, contact us over the messenger so we can send you the next request. We try to keep your repairs in the area, where you started off, but can’t always guarantee that your driving distances will be short. After all we work in a rural region.”

Theo nodded uncertainly, not impressed by the idea of driving over 10 minutes per destination.

“You have to report, if something needs to be repaired in the workshop, because then we have to inform our truck drivers for picking it up. You also have to report, if your repairing-equipment is lost or broken or if the company car gets damaged, so our insurance can cover for the upcoming costs.”

Theo nodded again, this time even less impressed by the thought of a potential car crash.

“Okay, if you haven’t got any further questions, I will introduce you to your repairing kit, your laminated sheet with our fixed prices and your company car with all its functions including the messenger service and the call system.”

“Can’t wait”, he said shakily. Not because he was a bad liar - he was way better at lying than he wanted to admit - but because he really, truly, genuinely needed to sneeze. Surprise, surprise. And because the need went from zero to a hundred with his stupid cold, Theo wasn’t sure how much longer he could unsuspiciously fight off the crawly sensation in his sinuses.

Luckily, for once, fate seemed to be on his side, as his new boss turned his back to him and started walking away from him, out of the bureau. In that moment he let lose. Well... not exactly. He quickly stifled two sets of his usual triples into his fist and with that into complete quiescence, blinking the tears of exertion away in the aftermath.

Then, not feeling any relief from sneezing but rather pain from the unmitigated stifling, he followed his boss. “Oh, there you are. Thought I lost you for a moment”, Mr. Stelton laughed, leading him to a storage room, that they entered through a brown, antique looking door, to show Theo his repair box, which seemed to be the only thing in this space, that had been dusted in the last month.

By lifting it, his boss whirled up a great amount of particles, all of which Theo’s nose probably reacted sensitively to. Yup, without that probably.

Once again he pleadingly waited for his boss to turn around and carry the repairing equipment outside. Unfortunately, this time, fate wasn’t on his side, as Mr. Stelton didn’t take the box anywhere but placed it in the middle of the room, opening it up and starting to explain its contents.

Theo didn’t catch a single syllable from his explication since his whole focus shifted to the endeavor of not sneezing. He stood as if in a thinking pose, except that his fingers weren’t tugging at the chin, but covering the fluttery breath escaping his mouth and supporting the outer rim of his septum so as to prevent the pronounced tingle spreading from there. Because once it expanded from the middle part to the nostrils there was no chance for him to hinder it from getting out.

God, how long can someone talk about basic tools? As Mr. Stelton kept speaking, Theo continued to impede the tickle from unfolding, by pressing his tongue to his blazing, flaming, burning palate. Somehow he managed to keep the sneezes at bay, while not being able to shake the feeling that they needed to happen sooner or later.

Although he felt so ashamed and afraid, that his freaking sneezing problem might be exposed, this situation was kind of a blessing in disguise after all. He couldn’t pay any attention to Mr. Stelton’s words, since his nose was seeking every little slice of attention, but, on the other hand, he didn’t need any of these explanations anyway, since he already knew all of the shown tools and what to do with them inside out.

Furthermore he was lucky, that the need to rid his system from the intruders, which were currently bothering him, was totally allergy- and not cold-related. If the germs in his nose would decide wanting to be expelled with the allergens in that moment, there was nothing he could do to stop them. Theo knew that for a fact.

So he was all the more relieved, when Mr. Stelton finally ended his long monologue and motioned for him to leave the room and take the equipment with him. Reluctantly, he did as he was told, his twitching septum not liking the loss of touch at all. Slowly but inevitably the prickle grew irreversibly less avoidable, permanently less controllable.

“So all I have to do now is to laminate your sheet and introduce you to your colleague, who will accompany and incorporate you this week. You’ll meet him in no time. But first let me...” Fuck. Fuckfuckidyfuck. At this point, Theo desperately, urgently, exigently needed to freaking sneeze. Fuuuuuck.

He started to do the only thing he knew could stop his reflexive drive right now. He began to imperceptibly whisper: “Purple elephant, purple elephant, purple elephant...” Something that he had found out over Google a while ago was, that when someone said weird stuff like purple elephant it could delay a sneeze. And since he had researched and tried everything, that involved stemming his sneezing, he had figured out, that the technique actually worked for him.

And - as stupid as it probably sounded - Theo rather wanted to be caught saying purple elephant over and over again like a lunatic than sneezing his head off in the presence of his boss. Because, to him, there was nothing more terrifying or horrifying than repeatedly losing control like that in front of people. Even more so in front of complete strangers like Mr. Stelton.

After all, this was his first day at the new job and he didn’t want to ruin it already by being interruptive, disrespectful, contagious and disgusting all at once. So he kept mumbling between his hitching breaths, simultaneously to Mr. Stelton speaking, as they went down the aisle next to each other.

Suddenly his boss took a halt. Not just with walking, but with talking as well. “Did you say something?” Theo turned around, mustering up all the strength left in him for his expression not to seem irritated, although he wanted to yank off his nose and claw out his eyes, as much as they itched at the moment.

“No... hh, I didn’t.” Mr. Stelton frowned. “Mmh, well. I must’ve imagined it then. You don’t say much in general, do you? I hope your shyness won’t lead to lack of communication or even worse miscommunication with our customers.” Theo cursed himself silently. Yes, he was shy, but normally he was confident enough to defend himself, if he had to. Unlike now, where every tiny bit of self-consciousness was stalled by his for release greedy breaths. “I assure youu... hh... that won’t haa... happen, sir. No neeeed-hhh... No need to worry.”

“If you say so.” If possible, the frown of his boss grew deeper after listening to that unsteady statement and closely studying his face features. As hard as Theo tried to withhold himself, he could feel his eyebrows rising, his eyes squinting and his nostrils twitching, as well as hear the sharp intake of air he required not to break out.

This situation couldn’t get any more embarrassing. Well... only if he sneezed. Which he wouldn’t, no couldn’t let happen. It just wasn’t an option. But he had to, unconditionally needed to sneeze, not soon, not shortly, but immediately.

“Alright then. Let’s keep going. My schedule is pretty tight today, so we must hurry and finish up our...” “Before that... hh... I-hhh... I could really use the toilhhhet...” Nodding sympathetically, Mr. Stelton pointed in the direction they had come from. “It’s right over there in the left corner. Meet me in the hall down the corridor afterwards.” Thank you-hhhi.”

There was no time to go to the restroom in an unsuspicious pace. So Theo put down the tool box and basically speeded down the hallway, shoulders shooting upwards with every hitching inhale. Pushing the door to the toilets open, there was only one thought left in his brain to properly grasp: I need to sneeze, I need to sneeze, God, do I need to sneeze.

His wish, his want, his desire was so strong, that he almost succumbed to it right then and there. But then there was this one small thing called embarrassment, that could overshadow everything. And it did, making Theo kneel down, mouth quivering lopsidedly, crawling forward to check under each cabin, if someone was currently sitting in one of them.

Relieved, he worked his way down to to the last empty cabin, in which he locked himself and closed the toilet lid to sit on it with drawn up legs, finally telling his nose to let go. Much to his surprise nothing happened for a few seconds, leaving his eyes a watering mess and his unsuccessful false-starts an erratic noise bouncing off the walls.

“Hhhhiii... hhh-ghhhheee... HHHHHA-Hhhhaaa... ugh.” His gasping sounded as miserable and pathetic as Theo felt. His whole face, whose every ambit had been all tickly and prickly before, all of the sudden became completely numb. As much as he rubbed and scrubbed his nose, scraped and graped his septum, wiggled and jiggled his nostrils, nothing - not even one single stifle - surfaced.

Sighing in frustration, Theo sat back, swallowing his quandary, which clawed at the back of his throat with the same sick sensation, he felt every time he had to... At last, his virus was the one to help him out by climbing up his sinuses and traveling right into the most sensitive spots of the nasal passages. His head shot down between his legs, his fingers pinching the most idiosyncratic part of his body, so he couldn’t possibly be heard outside.

“Hhhhhi’xqh,-qxh,-xhq... Hhhhe’qhx,-hxq,-hqx... Hhhhhhu’ngt,-ntg,-tng... Hhhhhha’tgn,-gnt,gtn...” More, his inflamed mast cells demanded. Not enough, his activated immune system begged.

Hhhhhah’NyNgtshee,-GxHxKdshiew,-‘NjNkcxschoo-hhh...” Hhhhuh’TnKssshhi,-kGjhxqhcheew,-XndTkschxxh-hh... Hhhhheh’tdgkscht,-kgdtscht,-xXSHxi-hhhh... Hhhhhhi’mKgHschuue,-mTdThshiu,-JEinGXhqsshhyeyw...”

It felt like as if the number of his sneezes was proportional to the number of the minutes he had suppressed them. With every new explosion, the itch became stronger, at this point, making it impossible to stifle any longer.

“Hhhhhe’ksh,-ksh,-tsh,-tsh,-ksh,-tshhhhhhiii’tsh,-ksh,-kshi,-tshi-HHhhhAhA’KSH,-KSH,-TSH,-KSH... Hhhhuu’KN’tshiew, bloody... hhhh-hell-Hhhhh...”

Another round of these tingly fittish sneezes jolted through him, almost making his glasses fall off his dangerously flaring nose, which braced itself itself for the grand finale.

HhhhHH’EEighIISSHHioo, hh-HHHA’KNHyHschew, Hhhhhe’kiSSHHuue...”, the last three sneezes erupted from his nostrils like the lava from a volcano, fully untamed, so Theo could only pray, that nobody had heard him like... well like that.

Although the pause afterwards should feel liberating, like the calm after the storm, it rather felt burdensome, as if the storm had just begun.

The sneeze attack had left Theo a crying, sniffling mess, struggling to catch his breath. The stubbornly repeated stifles had triggered a serious headache between his brows, the rapid, breathless outbursts had created an increasing tightness in his chest.

While trying to collect the tiniest bit of dignity and composure he had left in him after his intense sneezing fit, Theo tore off several layers of toilet paper, blowing as discreetly as humanly possible. At least he discovered, that he didn’t have to blow very loudly, because his germy fluids automatically flowed out of his nose like a faucet. God, how much grosser can you fucking get?

The rough materiel on the sensitive edge of his nose forced out a few more breathy, but silent stifles, that Theo muffled into the now soaked toilet paper, making the congestion and the headache worse but making his merciless urge to sneeze subside eventually.

Just as he was about to lean back and relax briefly, he noticed his sigh, which was supposed to be an expression of relief, escape his bronchus as a tight wheeze. Dammit. He felt his throat constrict to the size of a straw, while he hectically reached into his pocket, fishing out the only reason he was still alive.

Theo gave his inhaler a few good shakes, took off the cap and brought it to his mouth. He took two puffs, sucking the albuterol into his lungs avariciously. Giving his chest a few gentle coughs, Theo knew out of experience he wasn’t about to have a full blown attack.

So - still recovering from the exacerbation of his asthma - he mustered up the courage to unlock the cabin, go outside and wash his hands. After all he had to get back to work if he wanted to keep up his unsuspicious fassade.

As he stood in front of the mirror he was startled to realize how disheveled - or rather ill - he really looked. Lips pale and chapped, nose bright red, eyes moist and swollen. Taking off his glasses, he splashed some water on his face in the hopes, it would make his face look less puffy and more acceptable. Then - after coughing and sniffling preventively - he went outside, despite the quickly expanding pain in his head, back to his original task.

Ignoring the heightening uncomfortableness in his limbs and the fatigue in his droopy eyes, he approached Mr. Stelton with a smile on his face. “There you are. Now I can finally introduce you to your colleague, who is going to watch out for you the next week. Mr. DeVaughn, this is...” “Mr. Pereira”, his new colleague said, catching his attention for the first time.

Theo’s jaw dropped to the floor. “Jamari?” “Hi Theo”, his former crush said, inviting him in hug. “You know each other?”, their boss asked curiously. “Yeah, we were in the same class during our apprenticeship”, Jamari explained, grinning sheepishly.

“Well, that is very fortunate. If so, I will leave you guys to it. You probably have a lot of catching up to do. Grab yourselves a bottle of water from over there and then get right to it.” Theo nodded, taking a step towards the bottles, anywhere but away from this situation, when he was held back by his former crush.

“I can get them”, Jamari winked, going away with that same casual, easygoing walk Theo was used to. In that second his boss slipped him something soft. “That’s for you. You need to take better care of your health, son.”

He looked down on the item, Mr. Stelton had given to him. His cheeks immediately reddened with an embarrassed blush at the sight of the tissue pack, he was holding. Theo was barely able to thank his boss, as Jamari returned with a smirk.

“Come on, newbie. I’ll show you the car.” Exhausted, he followed him outside. At the glimpse of the colorful company car, Theo hesitated, feeling sheer fear wash over him. “You okay?”, Jamari asked, raising his left eyebrow. “Yeah, fine”, he lied, not meeting his friend’s eyes. This was going to be a bloody long day.

- tbc

@glitter_ you've done it again. I'm glad you gave him an understanding boss and a co worker he knew from before. Does he know about all of Theo's problems though? And how much worse will Theo have to get before he accepts help? I can't wait to find out.

Edited by EveP
15 hours ago, EveP said:

@glitter_ you've done it again. I'm glad you gave him an understanding boss and a co worker he knew from before. Does he know about all of Theo's problems though? And how much worse will Theo have to get before he accepts help? I can't wait to find out.

I was also wondering if his friend/coworker knows about everything as well. Like his driving phobia for one or even just his allergies. I'm still really enjoying this story btw @glitter_ and excited to see what comes next! ❤️