• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ticklywombat

• Kolen

• Arvani

• brownsasha11

On 2/1/2022 at 8:47 PM, starpollen said:

This is just delightful. :wubsmiley: Looking forward to more! 

😀

On 2/1/2022 at 11:25 PM, Heathercd said:

Loooooove these two!

Yay! (I love them too.)

On 2/1/2022 at 11:51 PM, Snez gud said:

Ohhh that fiiiiittt. I especially love how his sneezes seem to be getting softer, like his body is too exhausted to sneeze too big🥰

And, again, every time he apologizes, it just melts my heart. Great job on this chapter!

Awww. Well, that certainly nudges some ideas in a certain direction...

Poor Mel, he's not used to sneezing fits.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:55 AM, flowerbearfalls said:

That fit was incredible!! I’m so excited to read more

😊

On 2/2/2022 at 2:05 AM, brownsasha11 said:

Not to sound like a broken record the suspense is stellar as usual 

Honestly, this is great for my ego, so I'm very happy!

On 2/3/2022 at 11:05 PM, Kolen said:

Broken record away

It's only the truth

Why thank you!

This story has not been forgotten and more is coming, things just got a bit busy around here. Thank you all for your kindness and patience!

• 2 weeks later...

A/N: Apologies for the long wait!

---

"The plan stays the same," Mel says. "Find a way out of here, get you to the safehouse."

"What about the guns?"

Mel doesn't even notice the urge to rub his nose, just finds his knuckle pressing up against it with no memory of moving his hand. It's not doing much to relieve the tickle. "My priority is your safety. You can call the police from the safehouse if you think it'll do any good."

"We have to try something," Robin says, brow furrowing. "That was... so many guns. I can' t even think what Vernon wants with that many guns."

"Nothing good," Mel says. "If you want to go back and take photos, we can. But we should probably wait out this reaction I'm having." He's still got his hand to his face. The tickle doesn't seem to be getting stronger, but it's not fading out, either, and he can feel tension building again at the back of his nose.

"Not to mention mine." Robin gives a deliberate, wet-sounding sniff, and something complicated happens in the pit of Mel's stomach. He's nervous, that's it. Another fit is coming, and Mel has no idea if this office is secure or not. If someone comes in... "Getting itchy again."

"I can - " It feels strangely embarrassing to admit how closely he's been watching. "I can see."

"So we wait a bit," Robin says. "Then go and take some pictures."

"If you really want to," Mel says. He can feel the tickle wearing away at his nose's defences. Robin is looking itchier by the second, but Mel's

Robin flutters his eyelashes - in a flirtatious way, not like he's about to sneeze. "Please?"

"I..." Mel pauses. Because he's starting to feel distinctly sneezy himself, and he needs to stretch out his bottom lip. Because he's supposed to be a professional. Because Robin's pretty, red nose and all. "Um..."

Robin sits up straighter. "Sorry." Snf. He yanks a tissue from the box and wipes his nose with a look of annoyance. "That was a bit too gay, wasn't it." The tone of his voice has flattened considerably, the pitch dropped about half an octave, and Mel's heart twists. He doesn't have to work so hard to look straight, which is part blessing and part curse. Right now, it's a curse, because apparently little, nerdy, sexy Robin thinks he is.

"No, it - " The ticklish tension chooses the wrong moment to tug on the back of Mel's nose, taking him by surprise. "Hhhuhhh - "

Robin pushes the tissue box in his direction. He just has time to grab a tissue and bring it near his face. "Huuh'shoo!"

"Bless you," Robin says.

Mel has time to lift his head. Just. "Haaah...." He freezes for just a moment, head thrown back, nose twitching. "Hah'shoo! HHUHH'shuu!"

"Ble - "

"Hhuhhh.... haaAAAH.... HAAH'shu! AAAH'shoo! AAAH'SHIEW!" Pause, then his nose gives another twitch, and he pitches forward towards the tissue. "Huuhh'shoo!"

He stays where he is, breathing, for a few seconds, until Robin says, "You're turning into me." Snf. Mel's head jerks up in time to see Robin pressing the tissue up against his nostrils. "That dust's still bothering you, huh?"

"Yeah." Mel balls the tissue up and tosses it towards the bin under the desk, then grabs another to wipe his nose with. "I need to get over it."

"Hah." Snf. "You'll get over it when you get - " snf "- over it. Sorry. Allergies are annoying, but at least this kind isn't dangerous." Robin pauses to sniff again, then says, with heavy wryness, "Usually."

Mel snorts with laughter, hears the wetness, and puts the tissue back to his own nose. He's still got that bloody tickle. "Usually." He wipes away another drip of wetness. "We need to get out of here, so I need to stop, you know. Exploding."

Snf. "Tell me abou - about it." Snf. Mel can't help looking at Robin every time he sniffs; it's like a magnetic pull. Robin's got that distracted look again. He's dropped the tissue into his lap for a minute, so Mel has a perfect view when his nose twitches, and suddenly he can't look away. He's going to sneeze, he thinks, and he has that weird squirmy feeling in his stomach. He knows he's staring. He can't seem to stop.

After a few seconds, Robin's brow furrows, and he cocks his head. Mel watches his nostrils flare. "...what?" But before Mel can figure out how to answer that, Robin says, "Oh."

"Oh?"

"You like it."

"I...?" Mel can feel his face heating, is sure he's bright red.

"You like it," Robin says. "When I get sneezy."

"I - I don't - "

Sssnnnfffff.

It's slow, long and deliberate, and Robin makes eye contact as he does it. His eyes are watery, red-rimmed, and a delicate light blue. Mel watches those eyes, the movement in Robin's nose, and the expression on his face, flirtatious and challenging all at once. He feels like his eyes are glued to Robin.

"What do you like about it?" Robin asks.

"I don't know," Mel says, admitting without admitting. "It's the - the waiting. Knowing it's going to happen, and, and - " Definitely flushed now, heat in his face like fever. "You can't stop it."

"No matter how hard I try." Robin's voice is lower again, but not in a trying-to-act-straight way, not this time. Smoky. Snff. "No stopping this once it gets started." Snfff. "That's hot, is it?"

"Yeah."

"Even with me?"

Mel shifts in his seat. "Especially you." He sees the disbelief on Robin's face, then another tantalising nose-twitch. "You're gorgeous."

Robin gives another long, wet sniff and wipes at his nose with the tissue. "Could have sworn you were - " Snffff. Mel shakes his head, and Robin says, "Okay, never mind. Should I let it happen, or fight it? What's sexier?"

"You don't have to - "

"What about this situation makes you think I think I have to?" Robin gets all that out without sniffing, but his nostrils flare three times as he talks, and as soon as he's done: snfff! "This is happening whether we like it or not, and you do like it, so it might as well be fun, right?"

Mel frowns. "Is it fun for you?"

Snff! "More fun than the regular way."

"Oh." Mel doesn't know what to do with this information, exactly, but it's lit something in him on fire.

Robin's hand comes up to his nose, scrubbing at the side of it. Trying to scratch that itch, or... soothe the tickle... is it tickling him yet? Is he going to sneeze? Soon? "So?" Snff. Scrub. "Fight or give in?"

Mel opens his mouth, closes it again, but the answer is already there, rising up from the pit of his stomach, inevitable. "Fight."

There's that challenging-flirtatious look again. Robin's eyelashes flutter, and for a moment Mel doesn't know if it's a come-on or a sign of the oncoming sneeze. His nose twitches against his hand, but Mel thinks the flutter was too deliberate, and his breath is still coming even and regular, apart from the sniffing.

This is the most unprofessional thing I've ever done, Mel thinks. But this seems to be happening all the same.

"Fight what?" Robin says, with studied innocence. He drops his hand, balling the tissue up so it's hidden, and meets Mel's gaze. Mel watches, captivated, as Robin's nostrils flare, and his lips fold together, as if he's fighting an urge to open his mouth.

The fit is coming.

Mel is so, so fucked.

Throws self on the ground sreaming the suspense!!! the suspense!!! Man I can't say it enough your skill at suspense is amazing🥰😍

Edited by brownsasha11
17 minutes ago, brownsasha11 said:

Throws self on the ground sreaming the suspense!!! the suspense!!! Girl I can't say it enough your skill at suspense is amazing🥰😍

Hah, I defintely am not a girl but thanks! XD

1 minute ago, ticklywombat said:

Hah, I defintely am not a girl but thanks! XD

Oops my apologies wasn't thinking straight and saw my error after posting I have amended same

2 minutes ago, brownsasha11 said:

Oops my apologies wasn't thinking straight and saw my error after posting I have amended same

Thank you, appreciated!

"You're gonna sneeze." The words fall out of Mel's mouth before he's planned to say anything at all. Robin's mouth has relaxed, a reprieve from the urge to open it. To take that first hitching breath that will signal the beginning of the end.

Mel should be doing anything but this. Dragging those blueprints out of his memory and planning a route out of here, never mind that this basement isn't on the blueprints at all. Listening out for activity in the corridor behind him. Reassuring Robin that they'll get out of here alive and well. Anything but watching with quivering anticipation, waiting for his pretty protectee to sneeze.

"I'm fine," Robin says, but he clamps his lips shut as soon as he's done talking. The muscles in his jaw tighten, and Mel waits a few seconds, breathless, until they relax. "Just a little tickle."

The word makes Mel want to squirm. "Getting bigger, though." He can't stop watching Robin. Couldn't tear his eyes away if he wanted to. Robin is watching him right back, eyes wide, nostrils flaring in reaction to that little tickle. The distracted look has settled firmly onto his face. "Your nose keeps twitching."

"I'm - " The distracted look turns urgent, eyebrows lifting, and Robin's lips slam shut again, cutting off his speech. Another couple of seconds pass, until the urgent look passes and he carefully, bit by bit, loosens the muscles in his jaw. "Fine." And his mouth shuts again, too fast to be natural.

"You're really not," Mel says. "It's coming. Nothing you can do about it."

"I don't know what you're talking abou - " Robin clamps his mouth shut again, clipping off the end of the word. His nostrils flare again, and this time he clenches his jaw hard. For two, three, four seconds. "Talking a - " Clamp. Clench. Wait. "Ta - "

His lips press together again. Fighting the tickle. Mel watches him push his jaw up with clear effort as his nose twitches and starts to wriggle in place. His nostrils widen, then narrow as his nose crinkles for a little sniff, and it seems like it's the sniff that undoes him. A little gap appears between his lips, and: "Hh - "

Robin shoves a finger under his nose and shuts his mouth again. He gives Mel a sly, flickering look.

"See? You've got no chance."

The finger stays under Robin's nose for a few more seconds. Then he drops it. "I'm fhhh - " The finger jumps back under his nose. "Fine."

"Nah." Mel doesn't quite know where these words are coming from, just that it seems right to say them. He feels all shivery. "It'll just get worse. Bigger." Robin's finger presses up harder against the underside of his nose. "You're already struggling to hold it back. Won't be long now until you give in, and ah, ah..."

Robin's eyes are wide, watching him. Mel waits for just a few seconds. Robin's nostrils flare against his finger.

"Achoo," Mel says very softly. Robin pushes his finger up even harder against those twitching nostrils, and he clenches his jaw hard. Another hitch is coming; Mel just has to wait. Or coax it out. He takes in a little breath of his own. "Don't touch your nose."

Another of those flickering looks from Robin, and he drops his hand.

"You were saying," Mel says, because he knows how hard it is to talk when you've got a sneeze coming. It keeps taking over your breathing. "You don't know what I'm talking about."

Robin releases his jaw again, carefully, step by step, testing. "I'm not gonna snhh - " Robin's eyes squint. He raises his hand, but seems to remember at the last moment that he's not supposed to touch his nose. It waves in the air next to his face instead. "Not ghh - not gohhh - "

His chin is tipping up. Mel sits forward in his chair.

"Not... not.... nhhh..." The hand flaps frantically. Robin forces out a breath and closes his mouth. "Not ghehh - " Out, but the mouth stays open. "Gonnehhh - " His nostrils are flaring with every hitching breath. Top lip curled up to make more space for air. Nose scrunching. "Not gonna snehhh - hehhh - "

Robin's eyes close, but he forces them open, and Mel catches the look of ticklish desperation in the half-second before they close again. "Hhhhehh... ehhhhehhh... hhh-hhehhh..." He's not breathing out between hitches anymore, chest inflating at the urge to sneeze takes over, but his hand is still flapping in midair, as if he's trying to ward off the sneeze. "HHHEH!"

His head is thrown all the way back, twitching nose pointing straight up to the ceiling. Mel's leaning forward now, elbows propped on his knees to get the best view of Robin as the sneeze builds. Mouth opening further and further. "Ehhh... hhehhh... aaahhh..."

It's coming. Robin's still fighting it, his whole body taut with tension, but the sneeze is winning. His nose gives another little twitch, and his hand finally stops flapping.

"Haahh... AAAHHH..."

Here it comes.

3 hours ago, ticklywombat said:

"You're gonna sneeze." The words fall out of Mel's mouth before he's planned to say anything at all. Robin's mouth has relaxed, a reprieve from the urge to open it. To take that first hitching breath that will signal the beginning of the end.

Mel should be doing anything but this. Dragging those blueprints out of his memory and planning a route out of here, never mind that this basement isn't on the blueprints at all. Listening out for activity in the corridor behind him. Reassuring Robin that they'll get out of here alive and well. Anything but watching with quivering anticipation, waiting for his pretty protectee to sneeze.

"I'm fine," Robin says, but he clamps his lips shut as soon as he's done talking. The muscles in his jaw tighten, and Mel waits a few seconds, breathless, until they relax. "Just a little tickle."

The word makes Mel want to squirm. "Getting bigger, though." He can't stop watching Robin. Couldn't tear his eyes away if he wanted to. Robin is watching him right back, eyes wide, nostrils flaring in reaction to that little tickle. The distracted look has settled firmly onto his face. "Your nose keeps twitching."

"I'm - " The distracted look turns urgent, eyebrows lifting, and Robin's lips slam shut again, cutting off his speech. Another couple of seconds pass, until the urgent look passes and he carefully, bit by bit, loosens the muscles in his jaw. "Fine." And his mouth shuts again, too fast to be natural.

"You're really not," Mel says. "It's coming. Nothing you can do about it."

"I don't know what you're talking abou - " Robin clamps his mouth shut again, clipping off the end of the word. His nostrils flare again, and this time he clenches his jaw hard. For two, three, four seconds. "Talking a - " Clamp. Clench. Wait. "Ta - "

His lips press together again. Fighting the tickle. Mel watches him push his jaw up with clear effort as his nose twitches and starts to wriggle in place. His nostrils widen, then narrow as his nose crinkles for a little sniff, and it seems like it's the sniff that undoes him. A little gap appears between his lips, and: "Hh - "

Robin shoves a finger under his nose and shuts his mouth again. He gives Mel a sly, flickering look.

"See? You've got no chance."

The finger stays under Robin's nose for a few more seconds. Then he drops it. "I'm fhhh - " The finger jumps back under his nose. "Fine."

"Nah." Mel doesn't quite know where these words are coming from, just that it seems right to say them. He feels all shivery. "It'll just get worse. Bigger." Robin's finger presses up harder against the underside of his nose. "You're already struggling to hold it back. Won't be long now until you give in, and ah, ah..."

Robin's eyes are wide, watching him. Mel waits for just a few seconds. Robin's nostrils flare against his finger.

"Achoo," Mel says very softly. Robin pushes his finger up even harder against those twitching nostrils, and he clenches his jaw hard. Another hitch is coming; Mel just has to wait. Or coax it out. He takes in a little breath of his own. "Don't touch your nose."

Another of those flickering looks from Robin, and he drops his hand.

"You were saying," Mel says, because he knows how hard it is to talk when you've got a sneeze coming. It keeps taking over your breathing. "You don't know what I'm talking about."

Robin releases his jaw again, carefully, step by step, testing. "I'm not gonna snhh - " Robin's eyes squint. He raises his hand, but seems to remember at the last moment that he's not supposed to touch his nose. It waves in the air next to his face instead. "Not ghh - not gohhh - "

His chin is tipping up. Mel sits forward in his chair.

"Not... not.... nhhh..." The hand flaps frantically. Robin forces out a breath and closes his mouth. "Not ghehh - " Out, but the mouth stays open. "Gonnehhh - " His nostrils are flaring with every hitching breath. Top lip curled up to make more space for air. Nose scrunching. "Not gonna snehhh - hehhh - "

Robin's eyes close, but he forces them open, and Mel catches the look of ticklish desperation in the half-second before they close again. "Hhhhehh... ehhhhehhh... hhh-hhehhh..." He's not breathing out between hitches anymore, chest inflating at the urge to sneeze takes over, but his hand is still flapping in midair, as if he's trying to ward off the sneeze. "HHHEH!"

His head is thrown all the way back, twitching nose pointing straight up to the ceiling. Mel's leaning forward now, elbows propped on his knees to get the best view of Robin as the sneeze builds. Mouth opening further and further. "Ehhh... hhehhh... aaahhh..."

It's coming. Robin's still fighting it, his whole body taut with tension, but the sneeze is winning. His nose gives another little twitch, and his hand finally stops flapping.

"Haahh... AAAHHH..."

Here it comes.

@ticklywombat you tease. I was ecstatic when I saw an update. Greedily devoured and left sadly bereft needing more

Robin's eyes are still closed, left hand still hovering near his face. His right hand shoots out to the side and he grabs a handful of tissues from the box on the desk with slightly unnerving accuracy. He manages to get them about halfway to his face before the inevitable happens: his body freezes, tension stiffening every muscle. The only movement in his whole body is the twitch of his nose.

Mel freezes too. Hands clasped together between his knees, mouth hanging open, waiting for the inevitable explosion. Robin's nostrils flare one last time, and then -

"HAH-TSCHIEEEW!" Robin's whole body jerks forward, both hands coming around to press the tissues to his face, and despite all the waiting, the wave of satisfaction that floods Mel's body astonishes him. "AAAH-CHUUU! AAH - hhehhh - " He lifts his face from his hands for a second, so Mel can see his mouth hanging open, nostrils twitching. His eyes flutter open, just a crack, and he manages one ragged breath, in and out, before the tickle claims control again. "Hhhhehhhh! HHEEEH - " His head rears up and back, mouth yawning, eyes screwing shut again. "EHHHH - HHHEH - " Mel can't tell if he's stuck or still fighting, except - except - his jaw is working. He's trying to close his mouth, against the powerful need to gasp for air. To get relief from that deep-seated allergic tickle that's making his nose twitch.

"HHEEHHH - " Robin's hand lifts, flapping again. Nostrils twitching madly, muscles tensing. Surely he can't hold back much longer. "HEEHHH - HHEH-HHAAAAAAHHH - " It's an enormous, yawning breath, and the hand stops moving as, once again, Robin's body admits defeat. He makes one more useless attempt to close his mouth, but it's far too late. "HHAAAH-CHOO! AH-TSCHU! AHH - AAHH - HHAAHHHH - HA'CHU!"

Robin's hands and the tissues are blocking Mel's view of his face as he sneezes, and Mel almost regrets that. Wishes he could have an unrestricted view of what happens when the tickle takes over. Robin does lift his face from the tissue, just for a moment, enough for Mel to see his mouth yawn open again. "AAHHH - "

Just a touch softer, though if Mel were a sensible man, he'd still be worried about being heard from the corridor. Right at this moment, he's not a sensible man. Every part of him is shouting, Again! Again!

He's going to get his wish. "Hhhh - HAAAH - " The anticipation is almost too much for him to bear. "AAAH-TSHUUU!"

There's that wave of satisfaction again. Mel's glad he's sitting down; his knees are weak with it. "AAAH-TSCHOO Ahh-TSCHIEW! Hhehhh - HHHEHHH - EHHHH - " Robin's hand flutters. He's fighting again, and Mel isn't sure he can take it. But it seems like Robin can't take it either. "Hhhehhh'TSCHU-TSCHUU!" Pause. Breath. "Ehh'TSCHUU! Ehh'CHOO! Hh'TSCHEW! TSCHU! Heh'tschu-tchu-chu! Hhhh - "

Robin's head comes up. "Hhhhh - hhhehhh - " He breathes out, and for just a second Mel thinks it's over, but his nostrils start twitching again a moment later. Robin's eyelids flutter. He's almost with Mel again, Mel can see a flicker of annoyance and frustration, but it only lasts a split second before his head rears back again in helpless response to the tickle that's still bothering him.

This time he doesn't fight. "Hh'chu!" The sound is so small after the huge sneezes. "Hh'choo! Hhh'chhsht! Chssht! Kssht! H'kssh! H'tsch! Hh - " Robin lets out a breath, gives a soft, careful sniff, and then, "Hh'ksh!"

Then he finally lifts his head, pressing the sodden tissues to his face, then drawing them away, and tossing them under the desk. He misses the bin. "Urgh."

"Feel better?" It doesn't look like it, but Mel doesn't know what to say.

He's sweating. He's not sure what he expected from a session like that - not that he really had time to form any - but it wasn't to be pouring sweat like it was an hour's workout.

"Yeah, actually." Robin grabs more tissues from the box and blows his nose. Then he says, "Sorry, that's a gross part."

"Do what you have to. I don't mind."

Robin looks up at him, meeting his eyes with a sharp look that Mel is starting to realise is characteristic. "Is that sexy too? The nose-blowing?"

"I don't know," Mel says with flat honesty. "This is all a bit new to me." He sees the surprise on Robin's face, widening his eyes. "I mean. I want you to be okay. I don't want you to be miserable, that's not sexy."

Mel doesn't know how to read the expression Robin makes at that, but there's a softness in it. "You didn't know you liked sneezing?"

"Not until you - " asked me, Mel's going to say, but Robin didn't ask him - "told me."

"Huh," Robin says.

"Still getting my head round it," he admits heavily.

"That's okay," Robin says.

Mel's hands are still clasped together between his knees. Robin grabs more tissues from the box and wipes his hands thoroughly. Then he reaches out and brushes two fingers against Mel's thumb. "It's okay. Maybe I shouldn't have pushed you."

"Are you kidding, that was incredible," Mel says. He didn't plan on saying that, but that's quickly becoming a habit, and he knows as he says it that he's speaking the truth. "You're stunning, and that was breathtaking. I really wanna kiss you."

Mel stops talking, mouth open. He really did not mean to say that, and it is most certainly the most unprofessional thing he's ever said to a client.

Robin lifts his head to stare at Mel. His fingers are still touching Mel's thumb. His mouth's open, not with sneezy need this time, but pure, undisguised astonishment, and Mel can't shake the feeling that he just fucked up enormously.

He wants to fix it, but he doesn't know how.

Man you are killing me with these brief glimpse of budding relationship and then snatching it with this cliff hanger. I have to give it to you your skill to captivate an audience through the written word is admirable. Kudos

"Fuck," Mel says. "Sorry." Robin blinks at him, but says nothing. "I shouldn't - shouldn't have - "

Robin blinks again. Opens his mouth, closes it. "You don't - " He waves a hand in the air. "I'm - I'm not - " The hand keeps waving, like he's trying to express something he can't say. "Are you supposed to do that? No, right?"

"No." Mel feels a wave of stabbing guilt. He's supposed to protect Robin, get him out of here and to the safehouse unharmed. Not sit here watching him sneeze with tense, shameful delight, or think about kissing him, never mind talk about it. "Definitely not."

"On the other hand, this is a fucking weird situation."

"Yeah, but I'm in these kinds of situations all the time," Mel says. "Life of a bodyguard."

"I don't mean the - " Robin's hand makes a circle in the air above his head, as if to encompass his whistle-blowing, the building, and the danger of  Vernon's men. "I don't mean that. I mean being stuck in a small room with a guy you fancy who accidentally set off a kink you didn't know about." He tilts his head, and this time the sharp look is accompanied by a small, flickering smile. "My mind wouldn't be on the job either."

"If my mind's not on the job, you die."

Robin shrugs. "Not dead yet."

"Still. I shouldn't be - " Mel clears his throat, embarrassed. "I shouldn't be talking about kissing you. That's completely unprofessional."

"I think we left professional a while ago," Robin says. There's a little laugh in his voice, and Mel can't argue with that. "Don't worry. As long as we get out alive, I won't hold it against you. Or at least..." He pauses. The smile widens, and he flutters his eyelashes in a way that's definitely flirtatious. "I won't hold anything against you that you don't want me to."

Mel feels a flutter of excitement in the pit of his stomach, immediately followed by another wave of guilt. "Robin," he says heavily. "This is all my fault."

Robin's flirty smile vanishes, and his brow contracts. "No. All you've done is help me."

"I dragged you into those roses."

"They were about to catch us," Robin points out. "I'd rather be sneezy than dead." You might be both yet, Mel thinks, but he doesn't want to say it. "You didn't make me allergic to the fucking things. It's not your fault my nose is a ticking time bomb."

"Tickling time bomb," Mel says, unable to stop himself. But as he's grinning at the stupid pun, Robin's face changes, a look of urgency widening his eyes and raising his eyebrows. His mouth starts to open. Is he gonna - ?

"H'chu!"

Mel stares, open-mouthed. Did he...? He did. He just made. Robin. Sneeze.

With no warning, no time to cover. He watches as Robin straightens up, wearing a slightly embarrassed expression. He says, wry, "Do you have to say that word."

"Are you really that suggestible?"

"It usually takes a bit more work than that," Robin says, "but right now - "

"Is it because you're already so..." Mel pauses, and Robin's eyebrows go up in unspoken challenge. "...tickly?"

"Hheh!"

This time Robin's finger leaps up to the underside of his nose, suppressing the sneeze. But his mouth is still open, eyes squinted almost shut, and Mel can read the ticklish need in his face and body. He decides the best course of action is to put Robin out of his misery. It's definitely about that and not about the thrilling quivery feeling or the sense of control over Robin's tickling nose.

Make him sneeze.

"Tickle tickle."

The reaction is almost instant. "Ehtchu! Hheh'tshhuu!" Robin's head bobs forward into his cupped hands, then lifts his head. He sniffs, then smiles. "You loved that, didn't you?"

"It felt so weird." Mel's doing that thing again, where he can't seem to control what comes out of his mouth. "Amazing, but weird."

Robin's smile becomes a grin. "Yeah, kinks are like that sometimes." He sniffs again, then grabs another tissue to wipe his nose. "Do you still want to kiss me?"

Desperately. "Yeah," Mel says. "but - you don't want me to, that's fine."

"Hey, no, no complaints from me. Absolutely no objection, I'm just - kind of astounded. I mean, I'm pretty sure I just produced my bodyweight in snot."

"I don't care. You're beautiful. You make me feel - " He doesn't have a word for how Robin makes him feel. Maybe just one word won't do, but he can't find a phrase, either. "I don't know. Incredible."

"Me, or my sneezes?" Mel doesn't know how to read the expression on Robin's face. "It's okay if this is just kinky for you. I get it, this doesn't have to be all about me."

"It's not like I've never seen anyone sneeze before," Mel says. "Most of the time it just feels weird. You, I couldn't tear my eyes away. Still can't. It's you."

Robin moves his chair closer with his feet. He gets so close, his knees touch Mel's shins, and even that touch makes Mel shiver. He says, very soft, "So kiss me."

"It's - "

"I'm not gonna tell," Robin says. "No one's here, it's just you and me." He reaches for Mel's hand with the one that's not clutching a wad of tissues. Brushes his fingers over Mel's knuckles. Mel bends forward, bringing his mouth near Robin's, but not quite taking that final step. Robin's hand moves, from his hand to his cheek.

"Do you even - ?" Mel begins. Robin cocks his head. "What do you want?"

Robin huffs. Mel feels the breath move over his lips. "Am I not making that fairly obvious?"

"I just - I don't want you to feel like - me protecting you is, it's my job, it's not dependent on you doing... anything." Mel leans a little closer. Hesitating. So close.

"I know that. And I promise, I am coming on to you of my own free will. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay. So fucking kiss me already."

Mel can't help grinning. He leans forward, those last crucial inches, and touches his mouth lightly to Robin's. Robin surges forward, grabbing his shoulders with both hands, grip strong. The next moment Robin's in his lap, knees pressing into his thighs, kissing him with an intensity that blows away the last of Mel's doubts. Mel wraps both arms around Robin's waist, clinging on, feeling pleasure wash over him. This is much more familiar territory. This, he understands.

He barely wants to come up for air. Robin is light, but he's strong. Mel wants to do nothing else than this, just sit here, holding Robin tight and kissing him forever. Feeling Robin moving against him, exploring his mouth, running one hand up and down Robin's lithe back, feeling Robin wiggle and squirm and hearing the little sounds of pleasure Robin makes into his mouth. He wants to do this forever, and air aside, maybe he could, except something in his nose feels weird. A little... tickly. And then it gives a tiny twitch.

In all the excitement, he'd completely forgotten about the fucking dust.

3 hours ago, Heathercd said:

Ho. Lee. SHIT. 

*fans self*

This is AMAZING. 

Aaaahhh!! I felt that🥵🥵

🥺 moar plz..?