Sneeze Fetish Forum

Benedict Cumberbatch mentioning illnesses/allergies (no sneezing)

This is quite similar to a few older posts, which I will link here. Firstly, this Tumblr post—images available here:

https://ibb.co/PChQZX0 

https://ibb.co/v1zDcK5

https://ibb.co/VqrcFgB

Also these two forum posts:

Most of these posts are a decade (or more) old, and I wanted to update the collection with some new finds. Warning: includes some emeto stuff, which I'm not a fan of, but I figured I would include.

Benedict Cumberbatch has revealed he thinks he could have been among the first people to contract coronavirus after falling ill in late 2019.

The Oscar-nominated actor said that while filming his latest film The Mauritanianon location, he became seriously ill after arriving in South Africa.

Speaking to The Independent more than a year later, Benedict explained: “I was incredibly ill, to the point that when all this Covid stuff suddenly broke in the new year, I was thinking, ‘oh my god was I actually patient zero?’.

“I was so ill – it was borderline pneumonia.”

Because of his filming schedule, Benedict was forced to “plough on” despite his illness, but says he even found himself “throwing up between takes” in the early days of shooting.

It was Foster's first scene and first day on the set in Cape Town, South Africa, which effectively stood in for the incongruent Caribbean paradise that surrounds Gitmo. But it was Cumberbatch who struggled as cameras rolled.

"I was getting sick in between takes," Cumberbatch remembers, speaking by phone from London. The 44-year-old "Doctor Strange" star was in the final stages of a terrible mystery malady he picked up on the flight to South Africa. 

"I was really ill, I think it was just a really severe flu. But it was really nasty. I hadn't been that ill for quite a long time. Like maybe once in my life. Horrible," he says.

In the pre-COVID-19 era, Cumberbatch was intent on battling forth.

But it was during the flight to South Africa that things got really hairy. 

"There were a couple of people who were sick on the flight and there was one guy coughing his lungs out," says Cumberbatch, who grimly jokes that he wasn't sure if he was hit with severe food poisoning, flu or worse in the days right before COVID-19 was identified as a global threat. "I think I might have been patient zero. I was so sick." 

As soon as the star arrived, "he immediately got ill, seriously ill for several days," Macdonald says. "But he would turn up every day. And it was sweltering, like 100 degrees in the South African summer. He would go through three hours of hair and makeup for what's basically a bald cap with a wig on it."

Cumberbatch lost his voice for one scene, which the filmmakers were able to re-record later in the editing studio. The actor carried on, seeking approval from Couch himself. Mission accomplished.

Benedict Cumberbatch’s superhero sorcerer Doctor Strange has to deal with a maddening multiverse. But while filming his new Marvel movie, the actor was supremely tested by an apple orchard full of allergens.

In a key early scene of “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” (in theaters now), Stephen Strange reaches out for help from witchy Avenger Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen). They meet in a sprawling tree-filled setting in Somerset, England – a great idea until the weather channeled its inner supervillain.

“There was a sudden frost, and all the buds that were supposed to be open at that time had closed up," Cumberbatch explains. "So they had to dress thousands of blossoms into the trees and then blow this kind of ash to fake the blossoms falling in the sky. We were a little bit tickly in the back of the throat after the first day, but then the second, I was like, ‘Wow, I'm feeling pretty worn out and weird.’ Not COVID! Six weeks later, though, I was still kind of hacking up a good lung full of whatever.”

In order to embrace his character, Cumberbatch reportedly learned to roll cigarettes one-handed and didn’t wash in an attempt to really get into the mindset of the rancher. But it was through continuous chain smoking that the star gave himself nicotine poisoning three times - a condition that can cause side effects such as vomiting, rapid heart rate and increased salivation.

“Filterless rollies, just take after take, after take. I gave myself nicotine poisoning three times. When you have to smoke a lot, it genuinely is horrible.”

Nicotine poisoning occurs from excessive exposure to nicotine, and can cause nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, headache, dizziness and fatigue, among other symptoms.

Conclusion: Benedict Cumberbatch needs to take better care of himself :(
2 hours ago, RedVelvetHeart said:

Geez Benedict! A little less dedication, a little more self-care please!

Evergreen comment! 😄