Sneeze Fetish Forum

Favorite Cartoon show!

sneezefan222

Darkwing Duck was definitely a favorite of mine. I mostly loved the villains.

Gargoyles was also good.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sneezefan222

• MikiSan

• Rhomberg Rabbit

• AntheaHolmes

Oh, this thread is very much speaking my language.  :D

You know, reboots can be hit or miss, but the modern reboots of the old-school Disney afternoon cartoons were absolutely fantastic.  The newer Ducktales was really good, I liked how they fleshed out the characters more, and gave the nephew trio each distinct personalities.  And the Chip and Dale movie really nailed the tongue in cheek self awareness without crossing over into being a parody of itself.

Any love for cartoons aimed at a more mature crowd up in here? I mean, to me the more modern ones are more hit and miss...I'm not a huge fan of Family Guy but it's been running forever, so clearly people are enjoying it! Going back to Beavis and Butthead, Daria, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, King of the Hill, that sort of thing.  LOVED that stuff.  And of course, when it comes to more immediately modern stuff, Solar Opposites is one of my favourite things ever. And Star Trek: Lower Decks.  A lot of good ones keep getting cancelled way too quickly: Inside Job, Final Space. 

I like how the more mature animation shows can get away with a whole lot that live action just cannot do.

Although I admit you can definitely find me watching shows aimed at a younger audience when life gets exhausting and my brain needs something colourful and fun.  The Ghost and Molly McGee obviously, I enjoyed the Owl House.  I have to say that shows are a lot smarter these days, they don't talk down to younger minds, and it makes for very interesting watching, even as an adult.

1 hour ago, SleepingPhlox said:

The newer Ducktales was really good, I liked how they fleshed out the characters more, and gave the nephew trio each distinct personalities.

It really was! I hate the modern animation style compared to the old one though, but the characters and backstory was believable (as far as cartoons go lol) and I loved how they gave Mrs Beakley a secret agent-background. :lmfao: (you know, in the Swedish dub, it's the same voice actress as the original, which is absolutely amazing. Same with Glomgold. :lol: ) New characters were introduced well, old characters got a nice upgrade, and I LOVED Della! :rofl: They even took into account how she wouldn't be a perfect mom just popping in out of nowhere and had to learn to fit in into a family that was already tight-knit. I had an absolute blast watching it and it was also surprisingly emotional. I'm generally not big on reboots but that one REALLY got it right. :thumbsup:

Edited by Chanel_no5
On 7/15/2023 at 10:59 AM, Chanel_no5 said:

It really was! I hate the modern animation style compared to the old one though, but the characters and backstory was believable (as far as cartoons go lol) and I loved how they gave Mrs Beakley a secret agent-background. :lmfao: (you know, in the Swedish dub, it's the same voice actress as the original, which is absolutely amazing. Same with Glomgold. :lol: ) New characters were introduced well, old characters got a nice upgrade, and I LOVED Della! :rofl: They even took into account how she wouldn't be a perfect mom just popping in out of nowhere and had to learn to fit in into a family that was already tight-knit. I had an absolute blast watching it and it was also surprisingly emotional. I'm generally not big on reboots but that one REALLY got it right. :thumbsup:

There was SO much about it that they got right.  It was such a pity it ended so quickly.  Disney Stop Capping Good Shows At Three Seasons Challenge.

On 7/5/2023 at 2:52 PM, sneezefan222 said:

@AntheaHolmes Kim possible was 🔥🔥🔥 all the time

Yeah. Always! So so good. I love that it's on Disney+. Rewatched it over and over again! 

2 hours ago, AntheaHolmes said:

Blues & Clues was also a childhood favourite of mine. As well as The Weekenders. 

Blues&Clues?? That must be a East German Show 🤣🤣 

I'd like to take this time to suggest one of my MANY favorite cartoons called Craig of the Creek

PLEASE watch it, it's an amazing show about imaginative kids playing in the forest 

When I was way younger there was an incredibly weird cartoon called Kidd Video, about a teenage rock band transported into a musical world, where they were accompanied by a tiny fairy named Glitter, who became super strong when she sneezed. Look for it on youtube, it's a total headtrip. The people behind it clearly had a really good weed hookup.

Edited by webmeistro
36 minutes ago, webmeistro said:

When I was way younger there was an incredibly weird cartoon called Kidd Video, about a teenage rock band transported into a musical world, where they were accompanied by a tiny fairy named Glitter, who became super strong when she sneezed. Look for it on youtube, it's a total headtrip. The people behind it clearly had a really good weed hookup.

Hmm I’ll have to watch

19 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

Blues&Clues?? That must be a East German Show 🤣🤣 

Oh my, it's Blue's clues! Not Blues and Clues. Sorry! 🤣 I'm not from east Germany btw. I really loved it as a kid! 

40 minutes ago, AntheaHolmes said:

Oh my, it's Blue's clues! Not Blues and Clues. Sorry! 🤣 I'm not from east Germany btw. I really loved it as a kid! 

I’m kidding!  Lol I know it’s Blues Clues I’m just giving you a hard time.  Your are from Germany though right?

19 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

I’m kidding!  Lol I know it’s Blues Clues I’m just giving you a hard time.  Your are from Germany though right?

Oh my. 😋

Yeah. I am. Born and Raised. 

12 minutes ago, AntheaHolmes said:

Oh my. 😋

Yeah. I am. Born and Raised. 

What part of Germany, if you don’t mind me asking?

29 minutes ago, Rhomberg Rabbit said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Scooby Doo.:watsup:

Me too 🤔

1 hour ago, Rhomberg Rabbit said:

Or the Flintstones 

I never watched them enough to say, but the jetsons however! 

flying theme song GIF  

Or-now I'm really dating myself- Johnny Quest. :disco:

Edited by Rhomberg Rabbit
6 hours ago, Rhomberg Rabbit said:

Or-now I'm really dating myself- Johnny Quest. :disco:

martial arts animation GIF by Boomerang Official

I’ll raise you Hong Kong Phooey😂

On 7/23/2023 at 8:14 AM, sneezefan222 said:

martial arts animation GIF by Boomerang Official

I’ll raise you Hong Kong Phooey😂

Number one super guy 🤣

1 hour ago, Rhomberg Rabbit said:

Number one super guy 🤣

🤣 this is great I finally have someone to relate to when it comes to older cartoon shows! 

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked Avatar the last air bender (the cartoon NOT the movie) when I was a kid and I recently rewatched it as a comfort series and it still holds up well. Of course it's childish at times but it is made for kids... Yeah I just really enjoy it a lot. 

2 hours ago, sneezysunshine said:

I really liked Avatar the last air bender (the cartoon NOT the movie) when I was a kid and I recently rewatched it as a comfort series and it still holds up well. Of course it's childish at times but it is made for kids... Yeah I just really enjoy it a lot. 

I feel the same way.  That movie was straight trash.