1. 1. Do you Sniff? (Added by Hypnos)

• Yes, sniff it away!
    • Yes, but I blow too.
    • No, I only blow!
    • Neither (what DO you do?)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always blow my nose. I always carry a handkerchief and there are always tissues around the house should I need to blow. I do this a) because I enjoy blowing my nose, :drool: I can't stand sniffing.

I hate hearing other people sniff, and it gets to the point sometimes where I have to offer someone a tissue to get them to stop it. Now whether this would annoy me as much of if I didn't want to see them blow their nose, because of fetish in other words, I don't know. Something tells me that even if I didn't get a kick out of it, sniffing would annoy the living crap out of me.

Anyway Timbo, you're certainly making a valued contribution to the general discussion, keep it up.

I always blow my nose. I always carry a handkerchief and there are always tissues around the house should I need to blow.  I do this a) because I enjoy blowing my nose, :drool: I can't stand sniffing.

I hate hearing other people sniff, and it gets to the point sometimes where I have to offer someone a tissue to get them to stop it.  Now whether this would annoy me as much of if I didn't want to see them blow their nose, because of fetish in other words, I don't know. Something tells me that even if I didn't get a kick out of it, sniffing would annoy the living crap out of me.

Anyway Timbo, you're certainly making a valued contribution to the general discussion, keep it up.

My mother used to smack us upside the head if we sniffled.... personally, I blow my nose when I feel it will be productive (i.e. I've actually gotten to a point where blowing WILL make me stop sniffling, or it will make my nose stop itching). I've been around my own nose long enough to know that 90% of the time, blowing will not make the slightest bit of difference, and all it will accomplish is to make my ears pop and my sinuses sore LOL So yeah, I'm mostly a sniffler, but I blow when it's necessary.

I sniff.....but I'll blow my nose if it's really really REALLY urgent...I don't like the mess :twisted: .

Same. I personally hate blowing, and only do so if absolutely necessary....somewhere away from everyone else.

Oh Rosie

Is it true...do you really blow like an elephant? These happen to be m favorite kind. Can you describe one of you worst colds and all the honking that occurred?

Thanks

Tev

Heh, well...I just don't! I dunno why . . . I usually just sneeze and that's that. No mess, no sniffling.

My partner does BOTH, however......I adore sniffling....hehehee...

~Frack

I tend to sniff, although i will blow, when needed, but away from everyone else. I have NEVER blown my nose or even had a tissue in my hand in public. I can't do it.

If I have to blow, I would, but I usually don't. I generally just sniff. And I sniff a lot. :)

And I like it better when females sniff instead of blow too. ;)

I can only blow if I'm not around people. Unfortunately sniffling does nothing for me if my cold is bad, and mine are always pretty bad in the stuffy nose department, not so much in the sneezing one. I alway end up having to run into the rest room, as I work in retail business. I lock myself in a stall before I'll blow, at any rate.

• 2 months later...

Sniffling does nothing for me and my blows sound like a foghorn, so either way I end up calling attention to myself. My sneezes are similarly not too discreet.

I voted for "sniff and blow". I hate sniffing because it pretty much does nothing for the oncoming sneeze, plus I'm always self-conscious that it might be bothering people around me. Maybe because I sometimes get bothered by it myself :)

Anyway, glad to see that everyone's enjoying the new forum :unsure:

Exactly the same as you music girl

"I tend to sniff, although i will blow, when needed, but away from everyone else. I have NEVER blown my nose or even had a tissue in my hand in public. I can't do it."

I dont know what it is, maybe because of the fetish. But i can't remember ever blowing my nose in public. I hate sniffing alot so if i need to blow will go out of sight!.

Exactly the same as you music girl

"I tend to sniff, although i will blow, when needed, but away from everyone else. I have NEVER blown my nose or even had a tissue in my hand in public. I can't do it."

I dont know what it is, maybe because of the fetish. But i can't remember ever blowing my nose in public. I hate sniffing alot so if i need to blow will go out of sight!.

I actually find sniffers really interesting and I do find it appealing...but only so far. After a few minutes...I tire of it and start jones'in for a blow.

Today, I had just such an experience on the train to work. I noticed a pretty red-nosed woman who was either cold or allergy infested. She was clearly uncomfortable yet would do nothing but sniff it up. The sound was incredibly deep...as if she was sniffing deep in her sinus. Every 30 seconds I would hear this wet gurgle from her nose. BUT NO BLOW, DAMN IT. I mean, this woman could have blown thru a box but just kept a' sniffin. SHe sniffed and left the train and I was left to wonder what might have been.

T

Sniffling does nothing for me and my blows sound like a foghorn, so either way I end up calling attention to myself.  My sneezes are similarly not too discreet.

Me too! Sniffling just makes my nose feel worse (and I really don't like the sound of it), so I always blow - extremely loud honking nose-blows!

Archived