Guest timbo

Do you Sniff? (Added by Hypnos)  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Sniff? (Added by Hypnos)

• Yes, sniff it away!
    • Yes, but I blow too.
    • No, I only blow!
    • Neither (what DO you do?)

I always blow if I'm snotty as sniffing just annoys me, especially if it's running and you have to snifff to stop it.

I always pull out my hanky and have a good sometimes really loud honking blow.

I hate people who just sniff, it drives me mad, I find it so much ruder than blowing, at least blowing is normally fairly quick, some sniffers seem to keep it up for hours!

i think I'll start offering people a tissue ( I aleways carry a pack) when their sniffing starts to really annoy me, it's hayfever season and there's gonna be a lot of sniffing about!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually try to sniff, but if I need to, I'll blow my nose. I'm self-concious about annoying someone else, and if my nose is really runny, sniffling usually won't do a damn thing! But, I find male snifflers adorable. Although, if they keep it up for an hour or something, I'd gladly offer them a tissue with which they could blow their nose!

• 1 month later...
Guest NoFameInTheName

It won't let me vote but I do both. I usually sniffle unless it gets a bit too messy. Usually a sneeze or two of mine gets my nose rather runny...allergies just make it 10 times worse.

Doug

• 3 months later...

I'm a blower, it doesn't matter if you are in public or not, I hate sniffing. But if I'm on a bus or a train then I'ill blow my nose quietly with a few gentle honks, not loud ones, but gentle. If I'm in my room then out will come a few tissues and I'ill blow my nose hard, especially first thing in the morning when I've woken up.

I'm a blower, it doesn't matter if you are in public or not, I hate sniffing. But if I'm on a bus or a train then I'ill blow my nose quietly with a few gentle honks, not loud ones, but gentle. If I'm in my room then out will come a few tissues and I'ill blow my nose hard, especially first thing in the morning when I've woken up.

Agrred - I'm more or less exactly the same. NEVER a sniffer! I can't *stand* feeling snuffly, and although I try to hold back when I blow my nose in public, it's invariably loud, but feels so much better than having the sniffles.

Alone, or among people I feel really comfortable with, I quit holding back and just blow like a foghorn, usually into a handkechief or bandana, or sometimes in the morning into a wad of tissues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest sirblows alot

I always blow since sniffing does nothing. I get annoyed when girls continually sniff and then refuse a tissue when someone offers them one. Isn't it uncomfortable to keep sniffing all the time?

• 11 months later...

Sort of depends. There are some sorts of mildly nose-runny irritations that aren't helped by nose-blowing, and some kinds of way-back-in-the-sinus congestion that also isn't helped by nose-blowing. I always blow if I know it will help, but about half the time, that's not the case. I wouldn't blow in public unless I had no choice, however.

I think there actually is a separate category which would be called "The Wipers". That would be for people who prefer to wipe their nose constantly, but without actually blowing it. I guess that wipers often do alot of sniffing as well because they are trying to avoid blowing their noses at all costs. However, I have had observations of women who never blew their noses (at least not in public) but never really sniffed much either. They would just keep a tissue or hanky on stand-by and they would just keep wiping their noses every half minute or so. The more their noses would run the more they would wipe it, and sometimes they'd even hold the tissue up to their nose for a while to stop it from running, but they'd never actually blow into the tissue. So, I do believe that there are 3 main categories. Sniffers, Blowers, and Wipers.

Of course, if the wipers don't happen to have a tissue or hanky on them, I guess they'd have no choice but to start sniffing unless they just use their sleeve or their hand to wipe their noses. And most of them probably do blow at some point, but only behind closed doors.

Guest iffthelurker
So, I do believe that there are 3 main categories. Sniffers, Blowers, and Wipers.

I'd consider myself a combination of the three. If my nose is just runny (usually from cold air or allergies), I sniff at first, and if that doesn't help, I'll wipe if I'm in public before I'll blow. If wiping doesn't help, I'll turn away from whoever I'm around and blow as quietly as I can, or excuse myself and go elsewhere. If it's the result of a sneeze, I'll blow, again turning away from whoever I'm around.

• 7 months later...

Sniffling is so cute, it just makes me want to give the person a great big hug! But, ironically enough, I don't like to do it myself. But I'm embarrassed to blow my nose in public, especially if I have to walk in front of everyone to go get a tissue, so I settle with rubbing/wiping my nose. When I'm at home I always immediately blow my nose, though (but I don't sneeze much anyway so it's not that much of a problem)

Though nose blowing is cute, too, if it's not too loud (I just don't like that) and sniffling into tissues is the best!

• 1 year later...

Ok,I'm a blower, but I do mine soft,I agree with most of you on here it seems like most females today won't blow their nose in public,are they embarrased,do they think it's rude,or maybe they can't blow their nose for health and medical reasons

Sniffling is so cute, it just makes me want to give the person a great big hug! But, ironically enough, I don't like to do it myself. But I'm embarrassed to blow my nose in public, especially if I have to walk in front of everyone to go get a tissue, so I settle with rubbing/wiping my nose. When I'm at home I always immediately blow my nose, though (but I don't sneeze much anyway so it's not that much of a problem)

Though nose blowing is cute, too, if it's not too loud (I just don't like that) and sniffling into tissues is the best!

ooh-- it's okay--you don't have to feel that way--before I got into sff I would only rarely use handkerchieves in public,but it's so much easier now--I was especially self-conscious if other men were in eyeshot(using them in front of women has always been a turn-on),but now I really feel less self aware after reading other peoples postings and if I need to blow and a lot of people are around it matters a lot less--we are all of us in the same or similar boat-- I see women blow their noses in public all the time,although unfortunately,rarely into a beautiful hankie-- you would be noticed,but for many who would see you it would be a lovely moment, not a moment for you to be embarrassed--I convinced a ladyfriend(she was 22) to become a hankie user a few years ago and gave her a dozen big floral prints to start her off.She reported she loved using them far more than tissues but said some people stared at times. But when I told her she should be flattered she saw it very differently-- it was like being noticed for a nice piece of jewelry or a pretty blouse etc."they look because they think your hankies are pretty to see"--it was a whole new perspective and she hasn't gone near a tissue since and she soon couldn't whisk a handkerchief out of her bag quickly enough when she needed to no matter where she was.She moved away acouple years ago, but when I last spoke to her she had a collection of 40-45 hankies. It's more fun than you think--go at your own speed--and just be CONFIDENT about it--no one will know the difference,trust me! hopeless romantic :wacko::blink:^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do tend to sniffle a lot, especially if I am with someone that I know will eventually tell me to blow my nose. How strange is that?? Yeah, my fetish can get pretty intense at times. (Blushes). Other than that though, if I have to blow my nose (private or public), I'll just go ahead and do it. I try to be discreet about it in public so I don't bother other people. However, if I need to blow my nose hard to get everything out, then I'll do it. After all, it's about being able to breathe right??

Archived