Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Advertisement (Chapters 8/?)

Not Telling

I know I'm repeating myself but this story is amazing! It's so well written and the characters are so cute and sexy. A perfect pair! I really hope there's coming more. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AntheaHolmes

• dwaekki

• uwus and love

• Not Telling

@Catsgotyourtounge @starpollen @thesneezegoddes @Cici @Tumble @MidnightCatK Thanks to each of you for your comment. I couldn't let this story lie, so you're all getting your wish. :) 

@funbusej❤️ Oh my! Thank you for the high praise and your lovely comment. You were right to refuse that it was over, of course we needed it to continue. 

@dwaekki Gah!! *Blush* Thank you so much, I'm so glad that you enjoyed. You just might see some of your wishes come to fruition.... 

@thesneezyowl You were right, there was definitely more to this story that demanded to be written. 

@deere Thank you!!

@dominchoo And thank you for your nice comment.

@Lily Well, it takes one to know one. I'm so glad that you enjoyed and I hope that the next part gives you more to fantasize about. 😉

@VioletGarden  🤐 We shall see......

@wishiwassneezy Aww thanks for your comment! I'm glad that even though you ordinarily skip the longer stories you gave this one a go. 

@Bungee @aggedy_ann @daystar428 @Inducer ❤️ Thank you all so much for your comments and compliments. 

@Blackcat182 No more wondering required. ;) 

@lighthousegirl Awww, thank you!! Your comment means so much. I'm glad that it could you offer you something special and spicy.

@AntheaHolmes Awww shucks! Thank you so much for all your comments and the kind words. 

@Mysecretlifee ❤️ *blush* Wow! Thank you so much

@uwus and love Oh my Gosh! Your comment makes me so happy and puts such a big smile on my face. Thank you! 

Hello forum friends, oh my gosh y'all I'm still blushing and smiling from reading through all your comments. Thank you for all your wonderful comments and enthusiasm about this brain dump. I love reading everyone's reaction and comments and I am stunned and a bit speechless at the response to this story. So obviously you all weren't alone in the desire for this to continue, you asked and I shall deliver. The next installment has been building in my mind basically since I posted the first bit and begged to be written, I guess it was never destined to be a one-shot. Haha I hope you enjoy this next part. 

Chapter 2: Phoenix

I’m uncharacteristically unfocused and inattentive today, I look up from my computer to peek outside the open door of my office to steal a glance at Ethan at his desk. His brow is furrowed in this really adorable away that indicates he’s deep in thought. I’ve always been attracted to that look. Though, I’ve always been attracted to Ethan in general. I wasn’t exaggerating when I said I hesitated hiring him. Right or wrong I had been uncharacteristically, instantly attracted him from the moment he stepped into my office for his interview. His bright cornflower blue eyes met mine, an inviting smile touching his full mauve lips and I think I swallowed my tongue. I'm a virile gay man, of course I notice an attractive man when I see one, but the attraction I felt towards Ethan was as strong as it was surprising. I mean I don't typically meet a guy and instantly think about de-robing him and definitely not people that I work with or have the potential to work with. Yet, there was just something about Ethan’s thick floppy medium length auburn brown hair that fell in a disordered manner across his forehead, black framed rectangular hipster glasses and style that made him look very much the part of a hot professor did it for me.

His young oval shaped face gives him an heir of innocence that belies his years, with tiny almost imperceptible freckles that dot across his nose and eyes. It was his smile though that stopped my heart, even the barest hint of an uptick in his lips and his eyes crinkle. Like his lips and eyes are attached by a string. He's quite tall, probably only a few inches shorter than my 6’2” but he's trimmer than I am. While I have a more densely muscular broader build he has a long, wiry body type, akin to a runner lines of chiseled slender muscle in his biceps, core, and legs and moves with this lithe grace as I had discovered over the past weekend.

That engagement had been yet another uncharacteristic first for me. It seemed Ethan brought out the uncharacteristic responses in me.

I had spent the rest of the weekend mentally preparing myself for this day, when I’d be around Ethan and have to pretend like I didn’t know him as intimately as I did. I had given myself a pep talk in the bathroom mirror prior to leaving for work, reminding myself that I needed to act like nothing had happened, that nothing had shifted in our relationship with that one night together. That I wasn’t the only person to know his secret turn-on, or the sound of his moans when I touched him and kissed him, what his luscious lips felt like on mine, or his body pressed up against me but it wasn’t until I came in this morning catching sight of him which made my stomach flutter that I knew I was truly fucked.

I haven’t been able to yank my eyes away from him for more than 10 minutes at a time all morning. It’s almost like the more I tell myself I can’t look the greater the impulse becomes. I’ve thought about putting on a timer and not allowing myself to look until it goes off because this is ridiculous. I’m supposed to be reviewing the financial portfolio for a potential client and instead I’m transfixed with Ethan drawing his pen across his lips, deeply focused in thought and parts of me that I don’t want responding are definitely taking interest.

God I’m hopeless. I had thought that maybe after what we experienced in the hotel together Ethan felt as I did, but then he’d just left with nothing but the note on my duffel and, as promised, returned to his regularly scheduled role as my assistant. He’s been nothing but the image of the consummate and professional PA he’s been since he was hired. He’s moved on with no cogs in the machine. He's his usual polite, friendly, but detached self.

Where, for me, it’s impossible not to remember how he felt underneath me, against me, kissing me, touching me, the look of bliss and arousal on his face while I was sneezing for him. To the point of detriment, I find myself desiring that level of intimacy again, while he seems completely unaffected. It’s as if Saturday was just wiped from his memory banks.

I don’t know how he does it. He walks anywhere near me and my body tingles with awareness, the ghost of his touch and shadows of sense memories from our night together living in my skin impossible to ignore.

Clearly, I had let myself get a little too caught up. I never was one for casual hook-ups, while I value my independence and am perfectly happy being single, I still like to have some emotional connection with someone prior to entering into a physical one and so I had a tendency to turn it encounters into something they weren't, as evidenced by the fact that I had basically invited Ethan to have sex with me. I cringe thinking about it even now. It seems running my mouth in Ethan’s presence is going to become yet another uncharacteristic problem. More than once in the few short hours since we’ve begun work I’ve nearly slipped and called him baby. He’s back to calling me Mr. Hathaway and I despise it. I had hoped he would at least resort to calling me Phoenix.

I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve actually contemplated inducing an allergy attack just to get some kind of reaction out of him. I’m disgusted with myself that such a thought has even crossed my mind, but that’s where I’m at, Ethan makes me act completely and uncharacteristically crazy.

I shake my head. I need to be better than this. I’m his boss for Christ’s sake I need to be the one setting the example, not acting like a pining love sick puppy. I shouldn’t be this distracted. I’m heading out to London at the end of the week for an Asset Management Leadership Summit in which I’m scheduled as the keynote speaker.

I’m prepared, I’ve had my speech planned for months. Ethan has even been my mock audience as I’ve done dry runs and offered me feedback from the first iteration to how it exists today. He’s incredibly sharp and has a keen business sense for this market, he honestly has the intelligence, education, and know how to take on a more advanced role than being my PA though I am certainly grateful that he seems to be satisfied in that position. Even with my preparation though, I shouldn’t allow myself to get unfocused.

I find however that I simply can’t seem to tear my eyes away from Ethan. I’m not even sure an apocalyptic event could cause me to look away, I would die with the image of him being last thing I ever saw.

He looks positively eye-catching today, pfft who I am kidding he looks eye-catching every day. Even those track pants he wore in the hotel were mouth-watering, I wasn't lying when I said I should consider making them dress code. Though, then, I wouldn't get to admire his professional wardrobe, which is also just as enticing. The man has style. Today, he's donning a fitted brown tweed suit with a pale blue button up shirt and a dusty pink paisley bowtie.

Surely, I didn’t have this difficult of a time not looking at Ethan prior to Saturday, right? Or have I just completely revised the history in my mind and I’ve always started at him only now becoming painfully aware of it. No, I don’t think so. Of course I found myself looking on occasion, it’s impossible not to take notice and I know I’m not the only one. I’ve definitely seen him turn heads when we’re out together but before I just didn’t pass up the chance to look at him when the opportunity arose, now I seem to seek out the opportunity. It’s a notable difference and one that’s going to get me in trouble.

Even from the distance between my desk and his that sits just outside my office I see his body tense. I quickly scan his face and recognize the expression he’s wearing before he abruptly turns away sort of shrinking behind his desk. All I can see is his back expand before his body lurches forward and yeah now it’s confirmed I’m definitely paying too much attention because I know he just sneezed, and I’ve never witnessed that from him in the entire tenure he’s been here. It makes me wonder how many times over the past 18 months that it has happened and I just wasn’t paying attention.

It’s strange, when he sneezed during our little tryst I definitely took notice, more so than I would have prior to finding out about Ethan’s kink. I didn’t quite think it was the sneeze itself but there had been something about it that had heat pooling in my gut. I think it was the intimacy of the moment, the heady power I had in being the one to have triggered the sneeze, and I found myself wondering if the expression on his face just before he sneezed was similar to the expression he’d have on his face during a different kind of release. And right now, I oddly desire to see him. His back is still turned and he’s still hunched over which I think likely means there’s a good chance he might sneeze again.

Impulsively, I vacate my chair walking to his desk. He sort of turns at my approach and I can tell that yes he definitely needs to sneeze again but he adjusts his posture upon seeing me, pinching his nose in a move I recognize all too well, as him trying to hold the sneeze at bay. After a few seconds he drops his hand.

“Mr. Hathaway? Can I do anything for you?”

I’m impressed at how level his voice sounds it doesn’t sound wavery or tonally different like mine does when I try to talk close to an impending sneeze and I think maybe I imagined it all and I really am certifiable after all but then I see it the slightest nose twitch his eyes fluttering shut before immediately pulling open again and I know I’m right.

“Actually, I was just going to go grab a cup of coffee from the café a few blocks away and was wondering if I can pick up anything for you while I’m there?”

“Oh that’s—“ Continuing to talk seems to have cracked his ability to hold back, he sucks in air between his teeth his face morphing into a picture perfect worthy visage of sneezy helplessness. His nose scrunching at the bridge, nostrils flaring, and his entire face is pulled up to make room for the explosion of air, his mouth lax and slightly open. Once again I find myself thinking that there is something oddly appealing about it.

He holds up a finger in the classic wait gesture turning fully away from me. As before I see his body pitch forward at the force of his sneeze but it’s completely silent. If I hadn’t been talking to him or paying attention I would have missed it entirely. A few seconds later his body tenses and he bends forward with another totally silent sneeze. I’m weirdly fascinated with the display and I find myself eagerly hoping for another sneeze and I’m almost disappointed when it doesn’t come. 

When he turns back to me I don’t miss the blush tinging his cheeks. I had planned on blessing him but then remembering what he had told me that he didn’t really sneeze in front of other people and that it’s probably a source of embarrassment or at least complexity given his own predilection for sneezing I think better of it and stay my tongue.

“Thanks for offering. If you’re sure I’d really like a cold brew mocha latte with almond milk. Here let me—“ He shifts in his chair rummaging through his jacket pocket to pull out his wallet.

“That’s not necessary Ethan.” I say putting my hand over his without thinking about it and his entire body stiffens. I hastily remove my hand dragging it through my hair. I really need to watch myself and how I behave around him the last thing I need is to have a workplace harassment suit filed against me because I can’t control myself around Ethan just after one stupid fantasy night.

For a second he looks as if he wants to argue with me but then he just replies with “Well, thank you.”

I nod “Be back in a few.”

Of course I should have accounted for something setting me off in the crowded small service café. The mixture of smells and combination of everyone’s lotion or perfume and the 15 minutes I’m in there my nose is severely aggravated. I contemplate not fighting the fit and letting it happen before I head back into the office but with 2 coffees in hand I stand the risk of spilling the drinks and needing to go back into the blasted shop. If I make haste I think I should manage to get back to the office drop off Ethan’s coffee before escaping into my office.

I’m barely holding it together, having drastically underestimated how long I could hold off the sneeze when a guy gets on the elevator wearing some of the most pungent cologne I’ve ever smelt. It’s like the guy showered in it, if I looked hard I swear I could see the scent waves rolling off of him. It’s so much it almost makes me gag. Naturally, my over reactive, already irritated nose is immediately affected. Shit! In the confines of the elevator with this gentlemen turning the whole box into a perfume distillery my sneezes are going to escape me far faster than I had anticipated.

I check the arrow, I’m still 10 floors away. Fuck! Okay, maybe if I just let one or two escape me I can maintain composure until I can shut myself in my office. I’m not great at silencing my sneezes the way Ethan apparently is. The force behind my sneezes makes suppressing them entirely painful. Best I can usually arrange for is containing them.

8 floors away. Yeah I’m not going to make it. I open my mouth slightly and without actively trying to hold back anymore my body automatically responds with a shaky inhale. I brace myself against the wall of the elevator turning into the lapel of my suit and emit a surprisingly successfully suppressed sneeze all things considered. It comes out sounding more like a strangled squeak than a sneeze. Oh but ouch that burned my throat and made my ears pop. I really hope the elevator arrives on my floor before I have to do that again because I’m not sure how successful I’m going to be at holding back to that level if more occur. I should have known letting one sneeze loose was just going to open the flood gates. I need to get off this elevator!

Finally the doors ding sliding open. I hurriedly rush out of the elevator taking a detour to the restrooms. I barely have enough time to get inside turn the lock on the door and set down the coffees before--

HhhEEEH’ESSSTChiew….ESsTchiew…Hhhehhh’Ess… HeehHH’Schiew….HeeHH’Schiew….HiiihSTSCHUU….SCHIIIIIIIEEEW....EsssTTChiew…Hhheeh…Hhheeehh…ESSTChiew… Haschew…HehASCHew…HaaH’SsssTChiew ..Hhahh…HhhaH’ASchew

“Jesus!” I exclaim. I know there’s more but I’m reasonably confident with that first wave out I can manage to get Ethan’s coffee to him before the next set hits.

I check myself in the mirror, I’m a little disheveled but I don’t think it’s too incredibly noticeable, say for maybe only the state of my nose that does look pinker than previously but not much I can do about that.

“Here you are, one mocha cold brew with almond milk.” I say handing Ethan his drink with a flourish.

“Thank you, I really needed this.” He replies sending me a grateful look that I’ll freely admit warms me up faster than a cup of hot cocoa, a blanket, and sitting in front of a freshly burning fireplace. I’m such a sorry sucker, but I’ll do anything for Ethan’s smile, if that wasn’t abundantly clear after this past weekend.

As much as I want to try and invent an excuse to stay out here and continue to talk to Ethan I can already feel the next wave of sneezes making their way down my nasal passages. I head back to my office, this time shutting my office door so I can sneeze without bothering Ethan. I try to keep them as suppressed as will allow given how strong they are and hope that they’re at least quiet enough that Ethan can’t hear.

We move through the rest of the week with much of the same, my stupidly longing and pining after Ethan while he remains the poster image for unaffected. Granted, I have done him a favor but doing my best to not sneeze in his presence either locking myself in my office or making hasty getaways to sneeze privately where he won’t be subjected to my hyper active nose explosions.

We’re now on a 7 hour flight into London. We’ve only been off the ground for 20 minutes and I can already feel my nose burning with an all too familiar tingle. It’s generally unavoidable to wind up in the throes of an allergy fit on any flight I take between all the dust and dander allergens circulating throughout the cabin, the scent of whatever lotion or perfume people have on permeating about, and then the changes in pressure during take-off and landing.

I had also seen that one of the passengers in economy had booked their dog on the flight. Thank goodness for small miracles that the passenger hadn’t also been flying first class. As it was, given the plane filtration it was inevitable that some of the dog dander would be percolating throughout the space and I have a feeling this is going to be a long flight, for the both of us.

I glance to where Ethan is seated at my right. The sight quite literally takes my breath away. He’s asleep in his chair and the soft peaceful expression on his face makes him look even younger than his already youthful appearance. In a word he looks gorgeous. I grip on the arms of my seat to prevent my hands from reaching out and running them through his hair. He must be one of those types that is easily lulled into a slumber on a flight. I kind of envy him that, I’ve never been able to sleep on a flight, not even in first class. The best I can achieve is entering a sort of meditative, though fully awake state. But right now I recline in my chair and open a book.

After a few moments Ethan stirs next to me and I think maybe he’s waking but instead he turns so his head is propped on my shoulder. I can’t help the mushy gooey melty feeling that settles over me or the absurd notion that his action means something, that in sleep his body is seeking out my closeness, revealing what he truly desires. Did I mention that I’m hopeless?

It’s not five minutes later that the burning sensation in my nose has erupted into a full blown tickle. I might normally try to fight it but at this point that’s only going to prove futile and more agonizing. I pull out a handful of tissues from my computer bag poising them at the ready by my nose. 1,2,3 seconds and—

Hh'Nn’XTssh

Okay that was one of my more successfully stifled sneezes but of course I’m not done. I’m like the opposite of the Highlander, there can never be only one.

HXXt’CHshh—ew…’NXTS'CH—uhh

Shit they’re becoming stronger.

HXXt’CHshh—ew…. Hhhh'NgHTXChu…. Hhuuh'NGTXTCH—uhh

I’m doing a relatively decent job of isolating my movement to just a head bob rather than having the sneeze echo through my whole body, to try and not disturb Ethan who thankfully is still dead asleep against me but at the rate my sneezes are coming and the force their pummeling out of me it’s not going to be sustainable. I’m trying to steady my breathing only allowing tiny little breaths but the sneezes are becoming really intense and I’m feeling a little light-headed.

Heehh’Ggngh-Chew…. Haahh’EmmmpSsssTchiew

Those were impossible to restrain, jolting forward, Ethan falling off my shoulder. Sure enough I hear a mumbled and adorably sleepy “Bless you.”

“Shhhiiitt—I’m ss-ss-ssorry. I-I-I www-wwas tr-try-trying HHhheh not to—“

Hhhaaahhh—TtSsTXmpTchX

“wake you”

He’MmmmPTChew…HEh'tssshew….Hhh’MmmmpTttIshhhuu

When the fit is finally over I glance around I can feel the eyes of many of the fellow passengers on me and my face burns with mortification. I also catch Ethan’s gaze on me, now fully awake.

“Sorry.” I mumble and I’m not sure which I’m apologizing more for, my embarrassing display on a full flight or for sneezing in such proximity to Ethan.

Ethan’s expression however is only one of pity, no hidden glint in his eye to indicate that my sneezing does anything for him. For the umpteenth time I’m wondering if perhaps I imagined it all or worse maybe he’s found someone else to indulge him and he’s finding reprieve with them.

Not 15 minutes later I dissolve into another overwhelming sneezy fit. At the fits conclusion I hear one of the passengers two rows ahead of us on the other side of the aisle make a comment that they can’t believe sick people are allowed on planes these days. Of course it had to be a passenger that I had noticed during boarding was wearing some kind of fragrance. It was subtle thankfully but I’m sure it's not helping especially in the enclosed space.

I am beyond mortified, my face feels like it’s on fire, I contemplate that might even be a better alternative than this. Then I feel Ethan’s hand intertwine with mine. It’s so unexpected and I’m so startled that my hand goes rigid. He starts to withdraw assumedly mis-reading and thinking I’m uncomfortable with the touch so I squeeze tight on his hand trapping it from being able to get away. Ethan squeezes in response and I take it to mean that he isn’t going to pull away. He shocks me further still by saying just loud enough for the passenger to hear

“I can’t believe that they allow passengers to board who are wearing anything even remotely pungent on planes that might set off someone with really sensitive allergies in such an enclosed space.”

He emphasizes the word allergies to make it clear that’s why I’m sneezing and not some illness.

My eyes meet his and he gives me a reassuring smile. I’m not sure if he’s behaving like a supportive PA who knows how to read their boss expertly or something more but regardless I’m grateful.

The stars are definitely not aligned in my favor today. The descent into Heathrow threw me into another vicious sneezing fit. I was still sneezing so uncontrollably when it was time to deplane that Ethan had to guide me through the plane aisle and down the tunnel to the concourse. He pulled me into the nearest bathroom so I at least could have a little privacy while I rode out the fit.

Next, my luggage never arrived at baggage claim. After waiting an extra 45 minutes until the designated carousel changed advertising flights we then spent another hour filing a report.

By the time we get to our hotel I’m exhausted. I’m ready for a nice hot shower and a nap but while we’re checking in the lady at the front desk informs us that somehow they had double booked the same room for Ethan and I. With the symposium the hotel is completely booked and they are unable to arrange separate sleeping arrangements for us.

If I wasn’t so damn worn out I might have been offended at the utter look of horror on Ethan’s face when we were informed our reservation had been made for the same room. Instead I’m just tired. I guess our night a week ago really hadn’t meant anything beyond Ethan just scratching an itch and I need to stop telling myself that maybe it could be more. He’s given no indication to support that. If anything he’s made it crystal that it truly had been a one night stand and that whatever connection we had was either manufactured by me or just a product of the heat of the moment and nothing more.  

While Ethan continues to sort out our reservation I step off to the side spying a glass water dispenser. I go fill a cup and I’m rubbing my temples trying to will away the massive migraine that’s been steadily growing when I hear someone call out my name. Not just any name but—

“Nixy!”

I cringe at hearing that. Only one person has ever called me that. Yep, this is going to be the icing on top of my day that has been a series of unfortunate events. I inwardly groan, the last thing that I want right now is to be running into “the ex”. Not while I’m rumpled from the flight, my eyes droopy and probably a little bloodshot and nose bright pink from the endless allergy fits.  

I turn putting on my best smile. “Andrew” I say with as much friendliness as I can muster. 

“I wondered if I might run into here. I know how you used to love attending these conferences, are you a guest? Derek is on one of the panels” he gushes.

Derek Kaufman, one of the youngest upper management professionals in quantitative and data sciences at an institutional investor company located in LA. Also coincidentally the man I had found Andrew cheating on me with at an investor conference 2 years ago.

The panel I had been planning on attending had been cancelled last minute due to several members of the panel getting food poisoning. With nothing else on the schedule until later in the day I had returned back to the hotel room to find Andrew in our bed with Derek. Needless to say that had been the end of our 3 year relationship. It hadn’t really occurred to me that Derek would be here though it probably should have. I also probably should have paid closer attention to the other speakers and panelists at the summit.

“It’s been far too long!” He moves in to hug me and I flinch stepping aside but he’s close enough that my already ablaze nose takes notice of his cologne. Of course, because this day had to end more disastrously.

“What!? You don’t want to say hi, you used to love when I hugged you.”

Under normal circumstances I might ignore the comment but I’m not feeling particularly congenial given the events of the day so I respond “Yeah, catching the man you love in bed with another men tends to have that effect.”

“Pssshh please that was ages ago Nixy, you’re not really going to hold that against me forever are you?”

“I don’t, I think you did me a favor actually, I’m glad you’re happy with Derek.” I say trying to end this conversation wanting to get the fuck out of dodge before my stupid nose takes over.

My reference to Derek though just has him launching into parables of his virtues and lauding his achievements and while I’m generally over Andrew I can’t help but feel a little pang over the fact that he never talked about me like that. I can’t recall a single time during our relationship that he extolled my character and achievements. I really had been blind.

As he continues to sing Derek’s praises I realize that unless I’m able to make an escape this instant I’m going to sneeze, because of course it would be too much to ask for my nose to stay in line on this day. The spicy sweet scent rolling off of Andrew is too much for my already stimulated nose.

Hh'jKCHHeeeW

I attempt to stifle but it’s largely unsuccessful so I give up attempting with the continuing fit.

Essstisshhhoooo…..Heeeeh….Haaaa….HeeeeH…Heee’EStchuuuushew… Heeh’ehhhsssscheeew…. HiiiH'schiew-schiew-SCHIEW.

The last three sneezes force themselves violently from my body as a rapid triple. Causing me to stumble a little from the force.

“Jeez you still know how to sneeze up a storm don’t you.”

I would scowl at him if I wasn’t too busy sneezing. Andrew had always treated my allergies with impatience, like it was some tremendous inconvenience for him to deal with. Granted there were adjustments but he always acted like he was sacrificing his first born or something and he needed everyone to know how greatly it cost him to be with me and live with and applaud him like some kind of hero.

At that moment I feel an arm slip around my waist pulling me into a warm body. I would have startled at the unexpected contact but then a mellifluous voice says

“Bless you handsome. Alright we’re all set.” Ethan places a quick peck on my cheek and I’m too surprised and admittedly enjoyed it too much to even pretend to flinch away from his touch, before turning to Andrew holding out his hand “Oh I’m sorry, hi I’m Ethan, Nix’s boyfriend, and you are?”

If I wasn’t so harrowed I might have laughed at the look of astonished disbelief on Andrew’s face. Of course he would doubt that I had ensnared someone like Ethan or probably anyone for that matter. Or, as I looked closer at his expression reading also displeasure I realize that the self-conceited bastard still thought I was hung up on him. No doubt thinking with self-satisfaction that I was still crying into my pillow every night suffering his absence. That was typical Andrew, he didn’t want me anymore but he wanted me to want him. It fed his ego knowing people wanted him and I think he got off equally on the fact that unless he decided it was so, the people that wanted him couldn’t have him. It was probably killing him that I had rebuffed his advances to touch me and further still to learn that I was in a relationship.

Andrew probably wouldn’t have believed that I had moved on and wasn’t harboring deep rooted feelings for him if I was still single. His head was that big. Of course I *was* still single, but Andrew didn’t need to know that and I was quite glad for that buffer and that Ethan had on the fly decided to claim to be my boyfriend.

He recovers quickly though taking Ethan’s hand. “Andrew.”

“Ahhh right Andrew.” Ethan scrunches his nose like he’s smelled something sour. He doesn't say anything further but the meaning in his expression is clear. He's heard about Andrew and he's disliked. Andrew’s eyes narrow and I know that he picked up on the meaning as well. He's an ass, but a perceptive one he remains. Were Ethan and I actually dating it would have been the perfect response to a run-in with the ex and I silently applaud his performance.

As fun as this is I am hoping that we can make a swift escape. Andrew’s cologne is still assailing my nostrils and I can tell it’s going to produce another fit. One I would very much rather not have in front of him. Thankfully Ethan comes through yet again.

“Well please do excuse us, I want to get this one to our room.” Ethan glances at me sending me a look that’s full of pure sexual intent that makes me a little weak in the knees. Jesus get this man an Oscar.

“We’ve had a long day of travel, and I have…..plans.”  The words are innocent enough but the seductive sensual tone of his voice makes his intent clear and leaves no room for mistaking just what his plans are. Goosebumps spring up on the nape of neck and I fervently wish this wasn’t all just an act. I would love to see Ethan’s plans play out in reality. My daydreaming is interrupted however when suddenly the urge to sneeze goes from latent to immediate. Shit! I really had hoped to get through the rest of this encounter without falling apart any more.

I abruptly turn away burying my nose into my elbow.  

’HhXSsTch—uhh… Hhhehh..EsMpTCh—ew… Heehh’GgnnngHh-Chew.

Despite my best efforts to stifle they come out largely unrestrained. Maybe I could get Ethan to teach me how he stifles but that would probably be a weird request.

When I turn back I shift uncomfortably seeing the look Andrew is giving me. I might be over him but I’m still impacted by how he made me feel about my allergies. I glance to the floor mumbling an apology but Ethan comes to the rescue again. Gently dabbing at my nose with a tissue. Something Andrew wouldn’t have been caught dead doing.

“Bless you honey.” He says giving me another chaste kiss on the cheek, lingering near my face, while pulling me closer to his side. Belatedly, I realize even when I had turned away to sneeze he had maintained contact, something else Andrew wouldn’t have done, he would have leapt away as if I had the plague. With the differences so blatant on my mind, it warms my stupid hopeless heart.

He turns back to Andrew “I’m sure we’ll see you around or at the very least you’ll be seeing us. Nix is the keynote speaker at this event, his knowledge and success in the field of investment management is irrefutable and it made him the clear and obvious choice to be selected as the headliner for this event, but its lovely that your boo, Derek is it? Is on one of the panels. I’m sure you’re really proud.”

I bite my lip to try and curtail the smile that’s threatening to form on my lips. This is just one of the many reasons why I have developed an unfortunate crush on my employee. Beyond the initial physical attraction in working as closely as we have over the past year and a half, I’ve seen that Ethan’s attentive, intuitive, and emotionally intelligent. As in just now with my interaction with Andrew, he has this uncanny ability to recognize and understand people’s emotions and what caused them without them ever saying anything.

He somehow knew that what was bothering me most about the interaction with Andrew was the devotion that he was displaying towards Derek and that he never treated me that way and the subtle ways he was making me feel inferior. So Ethan decided to play the role of the doting boyfriend, uplifting me, while also tactfully drawing attention to the fact that Andrew wasn’t giving me any credit for my achievements, assuming that I was just a guest and not someone that would be invited to speak at the summit.

With his hand still around my waist, Ethan leads me out of the lobby and towards the elevators.

Once out of ear shot I whisper a grateful “Thank you.”

“It’s what you bring me along to these things for right?” He says with a wink.

I let out a single burst of laughter. “Oh yes, pretending to be my boyfriend is definitely one of the responsibilities of your position.”

“I mean it’s covered in the whole other duties as assigned is it not?”

I laugh again and I feel lighter than I have all day.

Once we’re inside the room I I go about dropping my suitcase in the corner and taking off my suit jacket and announce “Oh my god I need a shower.” But then I realize that while I have an extra suit and lounge clothes in my carry-on that I always pack in case my luggage ever gets lost when I travel - up until today I have never needed to use it - but my personal care items like my special hypo-allergenic soap and shampoo is in my checked bag that is who knows where. I suppose I’m using the hotel provided toiletries. Hopefully they aren’t too triggering but Ethan unzips his suitcase.

“Here, you can use my soap and shampoo. I have conditioner as well if you want it.”

I must not have schooled my expression of shocked bewilderment fast enough because he adds. “I switched to unscented hypo-allergenic products when I started working for you.”

I guess I should have realized that but for some reason that fact had never occurred to me and having him admit to it does strange things to my brain, especially after running into Andrew, the difference between the two is so stark. When Andrew switched over to special soaps to try and minimize my allergy attacks he had literally advertised it by posting about it on social media and he had only done so at my request.

Ethan had conscientiously made the decision without my ever even needing to ask and he’d done so silently without any need to tout himself for his thoughtfulness. Andrew was selfishly a “good person” he wanted to be recognized and applauded for his deeds which really undermined his “good will” efforts. People who were truly good didn’t need the validation for their good deeds they just did them because they knew it was the right thing to do, whether people could see it or not.

“I suppose I would expect nothing less from my boyfriend.” I joke trying to mask my true emotional response over this discovery.

Well you see it’s not purely altruistic. I can’t very well expect my boyfriend to shower with fragrant toiletries that turn him into a sneezy mess can I? It’s a bit distracting, and what would my boss think if I was suddenly unable to perform my requisite duties while I’m here assisting him through a very important summit?”

“I didn’t realize your boss would care about how well you would perform in the bedroom?” I reply.

Ethan gives a shrug, his smile widening. “I’d say when the two interfere with each other he just might.”

“Perhaps.” I say contemplatively. “Though, as I recall, underperformance is not your issue when your boyfriend is a sneezy mess.”

I see the smallest tint of pink fill his cheeks. “Yes, well all the same I think you’d be more comfortable with the hypoallergenic soaps.”

“Well I guess I should thank my boyfriend for keeping my comfort in mind.”

“A real boyfriend operating with your comfort would offer to shower with you.” He remarks.

Images of our last shower together enters my mind and I have no idea what to say that. Is that an invitation? Does he want to shower with me? No, we aren’t “real” boyfriends Ethan’s made that clear. He’s just piggy backing off of my joke. Before I say something that is going to make the next several days here extremely awkward I escape to the bathroom.

Realizing in my haste I had neglected to grab a change of clothes I return to the bedroom wrapped in a towel. Ethan is sitting on the only bed in the room, which we have yet to acknowledge, but I’m certain if we want to try and get to bed anytime soon we’re going to have to. I grab a pair of clothes politely returning to the restroom to get dressed. When I come back out he has his lap top in front of him on the bed.

“We should probably go over the itinerary for the week, and make sure you're prepared for your speech."

Much to my chagrin, he’s returned to full business mode, whatever flirtatiousness we had going earlier is clearly uninvited and I silently curse myself for taking my shower and giving him the time to reconsider his actions. I give an internal sigh.

“Yes of course.” I tentatively sit beside him on the edge of the bed. I try to keep a professional and appropriate distance between us but to review his laptop screen I have to sit quite close.

"So tomorrow the only item on the schedule is the speaker banquet, then on Tuesday the first panel, starts at 9AM. As you’re the keynote speaker they wanted you to give your first introductory speech prior to the commencement of the other panels and to ensure that every other panel member would also be able to attend.”

I nod, that made sense.

Over the next half hour Ethan continues to run through the summit schedule. I am listening intently but I can feel the familiar prickle in my nose. It builds quickly and before I have time to real consider how I’m going to manage sneezing alone in a hotel room with Ethan, not when what happened last time we were in this scenario is so fresh on my mind, the release of air is pushed out of me.

HhEh'JKTSHeeeW

I hastily turn away and attempt to suppress the sneeze but the force behind it is too great and instead it comes out as part sneeze, part squeaky whimper and I can feel the bed jostle with me.

"Bless you."

I shrug away his blessing "I'm fine." I wave a hand encouraging him to continue trying to maintain focus on the computer screen but already feeling another sneeze knocking on the door and sure enough before he gets out another complete sentence I’m turning away from him again to release two more sneezes.

Hhhh'GggNtshhh—ew.....Hh'KngtXSsshh….Uhhh.

“Your nose seems to disagree with that statement.” He says eying me with concern reaching out to brush aside the strands of hair that have fallen in my face.

A shudder runs through me, the act is so tender, and the fact that he’s doing it behind closed doors when no one is around to need to play-act to, fills me with hope. Ugh my stupid fucking heart.

Meanwhile he doesn’t seem to have noticed the reaction he evoked from me as he just asks with a frown. “Did the soap I loaned you not help at all?"

"No its perfect, better than the hotel ones I assure you, its just my sinuses are irritated from the day and the new environment and I haven't had a chance to take my daily meds yet, it’s just a little much."

He nods his head and gets up, walking over to his suitcase. He returns with a bottle of allergy medication handing it to me. "Last time I requested a refill for your allergy medication from your doctor I asked if they could double fill the prescription. I always have a bottle on me in case you either forget yours or we’re travelling for an international conference and your luggage gets misplaced and I know you’ll be without them because you always pack your medication in your checked luggage when you really should have it in your carry on with you.” He finishes his tone lightly scolding.

I don’t quite know how to respond, maybe I’m tired and suffering from jet lag because this feels more like something an actual boyfriend would do than a PA. I remind myself that it doesn’t mean anything though, this just must be what an exceptional PA does for a boss that suffers from extreme allergies. But that damn glimmer of hope refuses to be squashed from my heart and my mind continues to be confused. How is it Ethan can get me so tied up into knots?

"Thanks" I grab the bottle and swallowing the pill with a gulp of water from the glass on the night stand.

"Maybe we should retire for the night and continue this in the morning.” He suggests.

"I'm okay really" I insist, despite the fact that the medicine isn't working quickly enough and I could already feel the urge to sneeze growing again.

He gives me a look like he's not buying what I’m saying but continues to scroll through the document on the laptop.

The urge grows stronger, and I can tell the fit is going to be a bad one. I start to lean away and I think he catches on that I'm about to fall apart. He pulls me into him so my back is flush against his chest.

"Ethan, I'm ggg-gonna—“

He wraps his arms around me and holds me tighter nuzzling my neck "Its okay, just let it out." He whispers.

And that's the final straw, my body jerks forward but Ethan keeps his hold on me.

Hhhh'gGNtshhhuu—uhhh... Heeh'EtTSSsChiew… Heehh'ETTSSCHew… Heh'EtsSHiEW-shtiew... Heeh…HhhUuhh…HeeHH’eTTSSSCHIEW.

With his face pressed into my neck and his warm breath puffing against my skin it feels like the most intimate thing we've done since last weekend and it’s so reminiscent to how he held me last weekend during one of my fits and the effect it's having on my body is not lost on me. The effect it’s having on my brain is even less lost on me.

Heehh'EttsCHHHIEW… Hih'ETTSCHIIEW.

The fit begins to abate and I can't believe how tender and compassionate his actions are, and not just the ones that have led to his arms being wrapped around me whilst I'm sneezing, the ones where he he’s defended me on the plane, in front of my cheating ex, and how he readily has soap that I can use and medication to take.

"Bless you. Feel better?"

I nod, still not trusting myself to speak. He reaches out a hand and runs it down the side of my face and my heart stutters. I’m good at reading people  and situations, it’s one of the reasons I’ve had the success and I swear the way Ethan is looking at me right now with that soft look in his pretty blue eyes has to mean something but he breaks the moment by saying "We should go to bed.”

I begin to get up out of the bed. He gives me a sharp look. “What are you doing?”

“Well I thought that I could sleep on the floor."

“What!? Where it’s probably the most dirty and dusty even after housekeeping cleans and affect your allergies, absolutely not. It’s a big bed Nix, besides it’s not like we haven’t done this before.”

That’s the first time he’s made reference to last weekend and that he’s used the nickname he coined me. It’s stupid to hope it means something, just like it’s stupid to be reading into any of his actions tonight, but my heart doesn’t see reason. It’s always been a problem child in that regard. Look at my relationship with Andrew. In retrospect there were a million red flags and signs of our incompatibility but I loved him and that was the only thing I could see when we were together.

“If you’re sure.” I stammer.

“I’m 100% sure, now get into bed Nix before I get you in it myself.” As soon as the words leave his mouth a bright red paints his cheeks and he slaps his hand over his mouth. “I mean, I didn’t mean that how it sounded.”

I really shouldn’t engage with his Freudian slip, I should be better than this and remain professional but I can’t help myself “No?” I pause taking a few steps closer to Ethan so he’s just within arm’s reach but I make no move to touch him. “You don’t think as my boyfriend you wouldn’t be properly bedding me on the regular?”

Ethan’s gaze is focused squarely on my lips. Despite the bright red on his cheeks he quirks a grin and I just know I’m in trouble. He takes a step towards me he’s so close I can feel his heat radiating off his body

“Oh Mr. Hathaway” He runs his fingers down my arm. It’s light, innocent, but it has my whole body feeling like a live wire. “As your boyfriend, I assure you I would be bedding you every night, maybe for a repeat in the morning, and quite possibly during the day on ever surface imaginable.” He says this leaning in so our lips are practically touching. Making my lips tingle. Ethan licks his lower lip and I try to swallow my moan taking an unsteady breathe but the hitching breath triggers my sneeze response. Abruptly I turn away.

Hh'XXXT’SHh—uh….HXXt’CHshh—ew… HHTXxTChH

“Sorry.” I say sheepishly turning back to Ethan.

“You can’t help it. It’s okay.”

I sniffle rubbing my nose. Ethan is watching me and I see a flicker of pure lust flash through his eyes and it’s the first display I’ve seen from him since last weekend that indicates he’s affected by me and though I shouldn’t, it emboldens me. I step into him again, so close that when I speak the air from my words tangles with Ethan’s.

“You know I’ve had a very sneezy day, it wouldn’t take a lot to get me to sneeze more” I pause. This close I can feel how Ethan’s breath is labored all his prior composure cracking and perhaps it’s petty but I want to fist pump my hand in the air like Judd Nelson at the end of the Breakfast Club in my victory. “If I was your boyfriend I would say that maybe we should take advantage of that.”

I wrap my arm around his waist pulling him into me. I search his face for any indication that I should stop but all I see is desire. His pupils are blown wide, his jaw relaxed, mouth hanging open slightly, his nostrils widening. And I’m struck not for the first time since discovering Ethan’s kink the similarities between facial expressions of arousal and the action of sneezing.

“Tell me if I should stop.” I move my lips from his to whisper into his ear.

His hips jut up into me. “Don’t stop.” He says breathlessly.

I smile but don’t move away letting the soft strands of his hair tickle my nose. It shouldn’t take long to get a response and yep—

HhhhmmmmppppTiiishhh…Hhhh’Mmmmmptch

I sneeze into his neck.

“Oh fuck Nix.” He says his knees buckling and if it weren’t for my arm wrapped around him I think he would have crumpled to the ground. “Please” he moans.

“What do you want baby?”

He whimpers in response.

“Do you want me to sneeze again?”

At the word sneeze I feel him shiver in my arms. “I—I—“ 

Watching him fall apart over such a simple thing, something that has plagued me my whole life is so heady. I lean in to whisper in his ear. “Because I think you do.”

Another helpless whimper.

“And I know just hh-hh—“

Hhhehh

Ethan trembles at the sound of my first hitching breath.

“—how to make it happen.” I finish nosing at his hair letting the ends tickle my sensitive nostrils.

HhhEhhh’ESsSTchiew…Hhheh..HhhaH..AAaaEsTchiew….HhAH’TSChew

Ethan attacks my lips with such fervor that we both tumble onto the bed. He pulls back with a smirk. “Told you I’d get you into the bed.”

I chuckle. “And what are you going to do with me now that you got me here?”

He makes a contemplative humming sound “Well first, you are wearing far too much. No boyfriend of mine would be required to wear a shirt in our room.” He runs his hands up underneath my shirt, leaving little mini earthquakes in the wake of his touch on my skin before pulling it over my head. Once my chest his bare he groans.

“Now what?” I ask a little breathlessly. 

His smile is positively wicked. He leans in really close next to me ear “Now I’m going to make you yell my name.”

He kisses my lips, my chin, my throat, my sternum my stomach. Making his way lower and lower until his lips are hovering over the waistband of my sweatpants. I am shamelessly panting and then he pinches my nipple between his fingers.

“Ethan” I yelp.

He laughs softly “Well that was fast.”

“Doesn’t take a lot when it comes to you.”

He grants me a heart-stopping smile before dipping his head to take my lips.

“Wanted to do this all week.” He says when he pulls back.

That surprises me. Either I’m not as good at reading him as I am reading other people or he has an expert poker face because there was nothing in his demeanor this entire week up until perhaps today that indicated he wanted to engage with me in this manner, but his admission makes it all the more easy to confess “Me too. You have no idea Ethan.”

“Well……” He trails off leaving a string of kisses down my neck “seeing as how we’re in this situation, you could enlighten me?”

I groan, the prospect more tempting than it should be “We shouldn’t.” Is my response. I hadn’t actually meant to say it, but the statement stands nonetheless. It appears Jiminy cricket might have more control over the situation than I realized.

Ethan rolls off me standing up going to the end of the bed.

“Of course Mr. Hathaway, I’m sorry.”

God! I’ve never hated my last name more than when it’s rolling off his lips in that tone, like he’s intentionally putting up barriers between us. Way to go Phoenix, this is how you respond when Ethan is offering you what you want? Well maybe it’s not exactly what I want in its entirety and I think that is the true explanation around my hesitation.

“It’s not like that” I begin to protest “Obviously I want nothing more than to enlighten you" I say gesturing between him and me and the bed. "I just don’t want you to think I’m taking advantage of my position as your boss.”

“Little late for that don’t you think?” He says pacing back and forth. The statement isn't angry or bitter, just matter fact. Still I wince at the implication that I’ve already taken advantage of him.

To some extent he has a point. If I had been truly concerned about what we should and shouldn’t be doing I shouldn’t have encouraged what happened last weekend but that was a little different, I hadn’t gone into that night knowing it was going to be with Ethan and while our actions outside of work could still be disciplined at work it had been completely outside of anything work related. The entire reason we were here though was a work function. Not to mention wasn’t there something about repeat offenses being more punishable? Just because we had already participated in something we strictly shouldn’t have didn’t somehow make it permissible to do it again.

Reading my thoughts he says quickly “I didn’t mean that how it sounded. I don’t think your taking advantage of me. This isn’t some quid pro quo type thing alright Hannibal?”

Despite myself I puff a little laugh.

“And I know we’re technically here for work, you especially, and of course I will serve in that capacity first but think about it, I did already share with your charming ex—“ the way he says charming indicates that he thinks Andrew is anything but “—that we’re together and we have to share a room together. Maybe just while we’re here we could be more to each other?”

“You mean keep up the charade of being boyfriends?”

Ethan gives an insouciant shrug but his posture is too stiff for me to believe he’s as indifferent as he’s trying to come across. “Well I mean, I imagine if we run into Andrew we’re going to have to keep up appearances regardless, it would probably be easier to maintain the appearance of being boyfriends if we didn’t just front with him but for the duration of the conference. We never know where he might show up and if we only seem to be all lovey dovey when we know he’s around it might look a little suspicious.”

I stand up from the bed now too, he had me there. As sweet as his gesture had been to pull me away from Andrew earlier and as satisfying as it had been to stick it to Andrew, it maybe hadn’t been as planned out and we had sort of pigeon-holed ourselves in this scenario. At minimum we would have to sell it during the banquet tomorrow night held for all the conference speakers and panelists as an opportunity to mingle and get to know each other prior to the conference start.

“You present a valid case. If we agree to this what exactly are the terms here? There’s not exactly a need to keep up the ruse behind closed doors and yet I feel somehow that is what you are proposing. Fake dating but with real benefits?”

Ethan opened his mouth to protest a flush burnt into his cheeks.

“To be clear, I’m not opposed. I just don’t want to misinterpret anything.”

“Well if we’re going pretend to be boyfriends it would be a shame to not at least gift us the perks that come with having a boyfriend.” He says his tone flirty again.

“I don’t disagree.”

“And we clearly have chemistry.”

I give a half smile. “I definitely don’t disagree.”

With each sentence we’re drifting closer and closer together almost like we’re being drawn by an imaginary force unable to maintain too far a distance from each other for very long, until we’re once more standing so close that we’re sharing air.

“And it will probably be easier to remain in character if we well remain in character the entire trip in public or behind closed doors.” Ethan says huskily his voice dipping.

It’s a supremely stupid idea, it’s such a slippery slope. If I was this hung up on him after a one night stand-that yes I should have walked away from the moment I found out that it was Ethan- than multiple days of pretending to be his boyfriend is something I'm not sure I'll recover from. I have no idea how I’ll maintain any semblance of professional decorum with him after this. Not to mention there could be serious ramifications if it gets out that I was here masquerading with my PA as my boyfriend. But, I’m clearly a weak man with a glutton for punishment and no self-preservation because despite my initial objection, all I can think is I want whatever Ethan is willing to give me, even if it’s only pretend, even if it’s only for a little while.

Life isn’t meant to be lived in moderation. We only get one chance on this mortal coil and if that means I get the duration of this trip with Ethan pretending to be my boyfriend than I’m sure as hell going to take it. I’m going to take it and run with it till I cross the finish line. I can worry about how this will make me ache afterwards. For now I’m riding the exhilaration of being in this race.

“Once again, I am in agreement.”

His striking blue eyes hold mine, he licks his lips, and I can almost feel the urge from him to connect our lips surging through him but he doesn’t make any move seeming to wait for my expressed permission.

I flash him a flirty but comforting smile bringing one hand to cup the back of his neck playing with the strands of his hair and bring the other to tip his chin upwards just slightly. With my lips brushing against his I whisper

“I believe that’s your queue to kiss me.”

He responds immediately surging forward pressing his lips into mine.

Now I’m the one to lead us back to the bed. I tear off Ethan’s shirt, pushing him back onto the duvet. He goes gracefully, spreading his legs while I crawl on top. Even so it’s him that takes charge. His fingers thread through my hair, his mouth not leaving mine the entire time, taking complete ownership, slipping his tongue into my mouth. His lips are incredible. All pillowy and lush, commanding and intense.

He breaks the kiss running his lips along my jaw then up to my ear. “You taste so fucking good Nix. I can’t get enough of your lips, of your mouth.”

“Then don’t stop. God please don’t stop.”

He sucks on my bottom lip tugging it between his teeth making me groan. Our breaths grow heavier as we continued to kiss feverishly, clinging to each other in desperation. He was kissing my senseless, my head spinning. Good God I’d been dreaming of this moment ever since last weekend. Well no, okay I’ve been dreaming of this moment basically since I met Ethan but where initially it was purely physical now it’s something more.

I know it’s wrong, as his employer and boss, but when it comes to Ethan I just can’t help myself. No matter how depraved, how imprudent it is I know I’ll never be able to say no to him. It’s why I hired him, why I didn’t walk away last weekend as soon as I discovered he had placed the ad, and why I’m selfishly going to accept his terms of pretending to be boyfriends for the duration of this trip. 

Unlike the last time we slept together I wake with Ethan still in arms. We hadn’t fallen asleep face to face but when I awake to a soft sigh, that’s how I find us. Ethan’s knee is between mine, his face pressed against my bare chest, his lips parted ever so slightly, his hand tucked between us. His porcelain skin looks so serene in sleep. His long eyelashes folded over his cheeks.

His longer bangs have fallen haphazardly into his eyes and I can’t resist brushing the fallen strands to the side. He mumbles something incoherent against me before tilting his head back those flowery blue eyes blinking up at me.

“Are you awake?” He asks in an adorably sleepy voice that cracks a little bit.

My answer rather than words comes in the shape of 3 harsh and rapid fire sneezes that I hadn’t even felt creeping up on me.

He chuckles pressing his lips to my throat. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

I blush but attempt to disguise it “Well you’re about to be in for a treat. Had you stuck around last time you would have learned that I have a tendency to start my day with multiple sneezes.”

His pupils dilate and he makes a sound that is a cross between a gasp, a moan, and a whimper before glancing away from my face clearly trying to temper his excitement. I love it though. I love what sneezing, my sneezing in particular does for me. I can’t remember a morning since my allergies developed that I’m excited to experience my daily morning sneezes.

“Hey” I say softly pausing until he’s hesitantly meeting my gaze again. I cradle his cheek in my palm and he subtly pushes into the touch. “No boyfriend of mine is going to be left wanting.”

His cheeks flag red “You know sneezing isn’t a requirement of this arrangement right? I mean please don’t feel obligated to indulge me.”

I shrug. “It’s ggg-gggoonna—“

Hhhehhh…Hhhehh…HhhAA’SsTchiew…ESssTChew…Hhhehh….Hhhuuhh…Hhah’Hehh’HhehhH’EsSSSTchiew

“Excuse me, sorry. What I was trying to say is it’s going to happen anyways. Why not have some fun with it?”

He looks hesitantly contemplative.

“What?”

“It’s just I thought that maybe you were uncomfortable, maybe even disgusted with me about my reaction to your sneezing.”

I encircle my arm around him drawing him flush to me tracing the pattern of his adorable faded freckles on his shoulder. “Why would you think that baby?”

His eyes are darting back and forth looking anywhere but me. “It’s just I know you’ve been escaping into your office and bathroom to sneeze all week. I walked by the bathroom door during one of your fits and heard you.”

“Oh babe, I wasn’t doing that because I’m uncomfortable-" I pause to turn to the side sneezing another 3 times. "I was doing it to not make you uncomfortable having to endure my sneezing while we’re trying to remain strictly professional.”

His mouth forms an O of surprise. “You really—it really doesn’t bother you?”

“Ethan do you really think you’re the only one that got something from last weekend?”

“No?....Yes?....Maybe?....I don’t know. I thought maybe you were playing a role for me, fulfilling your end of the encounter.”

I wrap my arms tighter around him. “I wanted to ensure you got what you asked for, sure, but don’t for one second believe I didn’t get anything out of it. Being able to affect you in such a way from my sneezing was thrilling and invigorating and seeing you all unbidden and aroused was absurdly sexy and besotting. Giving you pleasure like that is a massive turn-on for me and while we’re doing this whole fake boyfriends thing I’m happy to indulge for you as much as you would like. Again, I’ll be sneezing regardless, we might as well both get something out of it.” As if my nose was sentient and knew what I was saying the burning tickle blazes and before I can even think about trying to stop them I am doubled over. 

HhEHh'EeeSSSTttCHiew...HHh'Ahh...HhhEH'SsSSTcccCHiew...HhhhAAH'SSSTChiew

Ethan looks so conflicted like he's still trying to fight his response to my sneezing while also wanting more. “I just-I don’t want you to think that you need to do that. I don’t need sneezing to, you know.” He makes a vague gesture with his hands. 

I run my hand up and down his arm in what I hope is a reassuring gesture. “I don’t think that and I know. Sneezing is like dessert.”

“What?” His brow furrows adorably in confusion. I kiss the crease at the center of his forehead.

“Okay so we need specific food to survive right? Carbs, protein, fruit, vegetables. Then there is the food that we don’t need but on the occasion we crave and it’s damn good and elevates the whole dining experience and is nice to give ourselves every so often. That’s your manufactured sugar, sweets, buttery goodness, and desserts. Sneezing is like your sex dessert. You don’t need it to enjoy sex, you’d survive without, but when the mood strikes it adds a pleasant something extra. I don’t want to sneeze for you because I believe it’s a requirement of our arrangement. I want to sneeze for you because I want to spoil you because I believe in enjoying a decadent and indulgent dessert every so often.”

His lips curve into a sweet smile. “What you give me is more like an entire dessert buffet. If I’m not careful I’m going to turn into a greedy portly bastard who demands dessert before and after every meal.”

I laugh. “I’ll cut you off if need be.”

He smirks at me. “Somehow I think you’ll be right there with me, with your plate overflowing.”

“Perhaps. I’ll just make sure we work it off plenty afterwards so you really earn the extra indulgence.”

He snorts in amusement. “Oh you better. They don’t make Gucci in larger sizes.” 

“So you’re saying you don’t want me to take the lotion in the bathroom and sniff it?” I say teasingly.

He’s squirming with anticipatory excitement, his cheeks are flushed with arousal. I’ll never get enough of him looking like this. It’s adorable and sexy. Like he’s trying not reveal how affected he is but that he just can’t help it.

“No, that’s most certainly not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is that you better be ready to work it off if you’re feeding me dessert at such an early hour in the day.”

“That’s the plan sugar.”

I get up from the bed heading into the bathroom returning with said bottle of lotion and situating myself so I’m on top of him. I open it taking a sniff. The fragrance is light and pleasant but as the scent embeds itself in my nostrils I know that it’s going to make me sneeze.

Hi'SChiewHih…HeeHH..HHAAh'SChuu…EsssTChew…HhhehhH…Hiihh…HhhEh’Tschiew

“Bless you.” He practically moans out after I’ve finished sneezing a few more times.

“Want to see me sneeze again?”

His head is nodding even before I get the question out.

I take another tentative whiff of the lotion. “Okay baby ggg-gggeet rrr—rrre—Hhhehh—ready I fff-fffeeel HhhhEhh…HhhEeeeHhh tttheeem ccc—coming.”

I try to watch Ethan as long as would allow, taking in his aroused state, before the pending sneezes force me to close my eyes.

HhhhEEHH’ESssTchiew…Hhhahh…Hhhehhh’HhhhEEH’SsSSTChHew….HhhEEEESSsssTCCHIEW.

“Bless you.” Ethan’s voice has taken on the rasp of arousal his eyes are wild with desire and I’m obsessed.

I take another long lingering sniff of the lotion before closing my lips around his gripping his hair, running my fingers through it. He groans when I give it a little tug tilting his head back to deepen the kiss. My breathing is labored both from the passionate kiss and the vastly barreling sneeze that I can tell is moments from erupting but remembering the previous weekend I don’t pull away.

MmmmmPPPTSsschish….MmmmmPPPTttSSSTch—uhhh

The powerful sneezes push me into him as I attempt to continue to kiss him but it’s challenging to concentrate with the powerful urge to sneezing looming in my nose.  

HhhhMmmmpppTSsssHH….HhhhMmmmpTChmpf

“Oh Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Nix.” His entire body is trembling with his need beneath me.

I give him a flirty smile before taking another generous sniff of the effective lotion.

HhhHeehhh…HHHehhh….HhhehhH—Hehhhh—Hhhehh….Hhhehh-Hehh—HhEHH-Heh

Oh fuck this build up is intense. I take another few shaking breathes when finally the tickle stops teasing me and gives me release.

Hhh’ESsSSTchiew… Heehh'EttsCHHHIEW… Hih'ETTSCHIIEW.. Heehh'EtsSSChiu.

The sneezes are rattling my entire body and Ethan is beside himself.

HHhEEh…Hhahh’SssSsTChiew

The last sneeze feels like it hit the base of my skull. I pull back looking into Ethan’s eyes.

HEh-Eh

It starts as a small hitching breath, growing in pitch and power.

HhhEEhh

The sneeze is building and building, threatening to explode at any second and Ethan is looking at me with an expression that says he is desperate and aching for it and I can relate.

HhhaHhhh—

Jesus, this tickle is really teasing me, teasing the both of us. My eyes slam shut.

HhhhEEH’EssTChiew

He cries out a string of expletives and curses beneath me.

When I finally manage to open my eyes after a brief period of disorientation I find Ethan staring up at me slack jawed, eyes wide, pupils blown. He's a beautiful wreck.

As I bring the bottle up to my nose one more time he halts my hand from advancing any further. I give him a quizzical look.

“I don’t think I’m going to last if you do that again.”

“Who says you have to?” I wink tossing him a flirty sly smile. This time rather than just smelling the lotion I squeeze a dollop out and rub it into Ethan’s chest before trailing kisses down his neck to his pecs inhaling the tickly scent as I go.

“I thh-think think I’m gonnnnnnaa—AaA gonna ssnnee—sneeeeEeEHHSsTchew—“

EhhhhSsTChuuu…HHeehh…HhhEEHHChisstchew…EESsTchiew…HhheeHh…HhhAAssSTChew... Heeh’ehhhsssscheeew..Hhhuuuhh…Hhhehh….HhhAaHh’SsSsTChiew

With each explosion my body thrusts down into Ethan creating heat and torturous friction. He is uncontrollably shaking underneath me desperately clinging to me his hands curled around biceps, breathy sighs and moans leaving his lips. I kiss his forehead trailing my fingers up and down the bare skin of his abdomen before gliding a finger along the waistband of his sweats. He presses his hips up into me with a wanton moan.

“Hhhaave tt-tttoo snneeeze HhhEeH again bbbabbby. Yyyooou Hhhuuuhh gggoonnna mm-mmmaaakke iiit?”

He whimpers digging his fingers into my biceps. I love how easily he becomes rendered speechless and it’s a besotting sort of power knowing that me and my sneezing is the cause of it.

HhhEeeH’SStTChiew…HhAAH…Heeh..HhhAsTchew..HeSsstTChuiew

Ethan throws his neck back squeezing his eyes shut. His legs are tremoring. His entire being is vibrating, pulsating with his own urges that he’s desperately trying to hold off.

I pick up the bottle one more time giving it a solid sniff. As my breath begins to hitch I take his earlobe gently between my teeth. “Let go baby.”

When Ethan finally opens his eyes some minutes later I see they are dazed and glassy and yet they still manage to twinkle brightly up at me.

He licks his lips with a contented hum before bringing a hand up to stroke the back of my neck and pull me down for a lazy but sated kiss. I smile against his lips. He pulls back with a dreamy smile tracing his thumb over the swell of my bottom lip. I sigh leaning into the touch.

After basking in the bliss of the moment, he says “If this is what it’s like to wake up with you if we were in a relationship, I would have pretended to be your boyfriend ages ago.” He murmurs.

Or you could just be my boyfriend for real. I think but of course I don’t say that. Instead I just chuckle “I’m happy to keep my boyfriend satiated and satisfied.”

“I think that maybe an understatement.” He supplies. “Although now I’m hungry for a different kind of nourishment.”

I check my phone. 9:45. We have 15 minutes to catch the hotel provided continental breakfast. “Why don’t I go grab us some breakfast while you get cleaned up?”

He nods.

When I return he’s stripped down to boxer shorts his cheeks are still tinged with after-glow. He’s irresistible. Ethan is getting under my skin like a drug I can’t get enough of. I have to remind myself that this isn’t real but the thumping of my heart and cartwheels in my stomach don’t feel fake. The way he presses his body against mine, flesh against flesh feels all too real. And the way he licks into my mouth kissing me with heated tenderness doesn’t feel like it’s pretend.

Jesus his mouth is like a magician, my lips falling easily under his spell compelled to do anything he commands. His tongue sliding into my mouth feels like sliding a key into the home I’ve always wanted. And Oh Christ did I just make some kind of “He’s my home” cheesy romantic sentiment?

I carefully pull away handing him his plate of food. “You should eat.” If I have any hope of surviving the aftermath of this I’m going to have to keep my distance. I’m already way more involved and invested than I should be in this ruse.

We have yet to hear from the airline about my luggage so Ethan and I go shopping to pick up some essentials as well as make a stop at a designer clothing shop to bolster my wardrobe in case my luggage never shows. First I select an outfit for tonight and then a couple of suits for the summit. When he isn’t looking I snag a wool-blend blazer off the rack to try on with everything else. After I get it on I admit it looks good, despite not being custom fitted it hugs me in all the right places and the checkered pattern gives it life and character while not being over-stated but that’s not the reason I selected it. When the tickle in my nose begins to burn I step out of the fitting room.

“What do you think?” I ask successfully keeping the sneezy urge out of my voice.

He blatantly elevator eyes me before stepping forward sliding his hand up and down through the jacket lapel. “Mr. Hathaway if you we weren’t somewhere public I would take you right here, right now.”

His words elicit a full body shiver from me. “I take it that you approve?”

“I more than approve Nix. I swear sometimes if I didn’t know you were a multi-million dollar business-man I would think that you were a model. You wear these clothes better than the men advertised wearing them, you are so mouth-wateringly tempting.”

The tickle flares to life. “Well, I’m about to become even more so.”

His eyes flick to mine questioningly but when I take a shaky inhale the question turns to salacity.

Ihhdtshhiew….Ehh…isshh’hiew… Hhh’Tkstch…Hh'nnTtXCh—uhhh… H’EhhxxTschh—ew...HhNGTXTCH...'CcHiew….NdXXT’SHh EHXT’S! HXXt’CHshh—ew.

As my sneezing continues to grow in intensity I feel him pulling at the tag of the blazer.

“Wool blend!?” He says exasperatedly quickly stripping me of the piece of clothing.

“Are you mad!?” He asks when I finish my fit a few minutes later.

“Only for you it seems.” I reply meekly now unsure of my actions. Maybe he’s offended or maybe he’s angry that I wielded the power of knowing what sneezing does to him in public. Maybe he thinks I’m toying with him or worse making fun of him. The thought makes me feel ill. It’s not like me to act with this reckless, selfish, abandon. Like I’ve said Ethan makes me act uncharacteristically.

“I’m sorry. I should have asked first if that was acceptable, that was wrong of me. I didn’t mean to violate your boundaries. I thought it would be fun I guess. I just want to please you and show you that I accept you but I shouldn’t have been so brazen about it especially in public, not without knowing you’re okay with it.” I hang my head embarrassed worried that I’ve ruined everything once again reminding myself that this isn’t real and I need to stop acting like it is and pulling stunts like this, like Ethan was actually my boyfriend.

His expression softens. “Nix, honey, I’m not upset about that. I love how willing you are to appeal to my uhh baser needs and don’t get me wrong you’re damn sexy but I’m worried about you and how much you’re making yourself sneeze. I think your poor sensitive nose would appreciate some reprieve. Why don’t we not induce any more sneezing fits for the rest of the day okay? I’ve had enough dessert to last me the duration of this trip and then some besides even without your not forcing it, I’m positive that I’ll be privy to some spontaneous sweets while we’re here.”

As if my nose is aware of the conversation it chooses that moment to burst forth with a stray sneeze that caught me by such surprise that by the time I realized that it was happening I was only able to stifle the very middle of the sneeze

HhheH’SssTchXT-chew

“Ooops.” I say looking at him sheepishly. “Sorry.”

Ethan chuckles shaking his head fondly. “Come on sneezy.”

As it draws closer to 5 I grow increasingly more restless. Dressed in a pair of dark grey chinos and a silk olive green button up shirt I certainly look more put together than yesterday but I’m still not particularly keen on potentially running into Andrew again and definitely not with Derek.

As if sensing my anxiety Ethan comes up behind me smoothing his hand down my arms before settling them around my waist. “It’s going to be alright. You look sensational and if we per-chance run into Andrew and Derek I assure you I won’t let him get away with anything. I got your back.”

I don’t doubt that, no matter the endeavor Ethan gives it everything he has. That’s part of what has made him indispensable as my PA and now as my fake boyfriend apparently. I turn around and Holy Shit he’s a sight.

He’s wearing a slim fitting black floral lace couture dress button up shirt paired with fitted white trousers that hug his lean form. It’s effeminate yet holds a masculine appeal. I’ve always been drawn to the andro look and he wears the style superiorly. His auburn streaked brown hair falling across his brow in that manner that I find so appealing. My gaze trails up and down his physique. He bleeds sensuality and a soft grace.

Before I can really think about my actions I’m backing him up against the nearest wall and devouring his mouth. His body goes pliant against mine kissing me back with equal intensity. I get lost in the sounds of his soft moans but the calendar alert goes off on my phone interrupting us and unwillingly I wrench myself away straightening out the creases in my shirt, and adjusting my pants, taking a couple calming breathes. I look back and see Ethan’s doing the same.

Oh how I would love to ditch this event and just spend the rest of the evening with Ethan, but alas duty calls, and neither of us are the type to skirt our obligations for extracurricular activities however enticing they may sound.

Ethan threads his fingers into mine adjusting the collar of my shirt. “Now the one very pressing question I have is if we do have a run in with Andrew and Derek, I need to know, do we hate Derek? Am I giving him the evil eye, a cold shoulder, possibly slipping something into his wine?”

I laugh.

“What? As your boyfriend these are the important things I have to know.”

Still with a smile on my face I reply. “No, Derek was caught as much in the cross-fire as anyone and while I appreciate your enthusiasm to defend my honor I’m not looking for drama besides any hostility Andrew will think he’s won, it’s just what he would want. A greater punishment would be utter apathy. There’s nothing worse for Andrew than knowing he doesn’t matter.”

Ethan’s responding smirk is full of mirth. “I sometimes forget how cut-throat you can be Mr. Hathaway.”

I chuckle.

He tugs me into his body our chest’s touching when we inhale. “So I get to one-up him all night by giving you lots of moon eyes, doting attention, and appropriate displays of affection. Got it. This is going to be fun.” He pulls me in for a kiss sliding his hand down my back to my bum sticking his hand down my pants and giving it a squeeze, ghosting his fingers over the top of the cleft between my two cheeks.

I groan. “If that’s your idea of a publicly appropriate display of affection I might need you to attend a training.”

“Don’t worry darlin’ that’s just for you to have something to look forward to later.” He whispers against my lips before rapturously taking them.

“There won’t be a later if you keep this up.” I say a little regretfully there is nothing I would like more than to just stay in with Ethan and forget the dinner.

I can feel him smile against me before pulling away. “I promise I’ll make it worth it.” He says, but his tone isn’t flirty it’s downright serious and I know no matter what happens he will. “Ready?” He asks reaching out his hand.

I pull on my matching gray blazer and interlace my fingers with his with a nod.

We’ve been mingling for ten minutes or so when an announcement is made that dinner is about to be served and we should take our seats. We find our name tags laid out at a table towards the back end of the hall and take our seats. Just when I think we might get out of this without another run in with Andrew he approaches with Derek in tow.

“Ahhh here we are Der.” He says taking the two remaining seats at the table.

Reactively I stiffen. Ethan runs his thumb across my pulse-point in my wrist the gesture soothing. Andrew looks our way.

“Well what a surprise! Guess we’re destined to be together this weekend. So nice to see you again Evan.” He says glancing over at Ethan.

“It’s Ethan actually.” He replies calmly.

“Oh right, Ethan, apologies, an honest mistake.”

“Yes, I’m sure.” Ethan mutters. I purse my lips to hide my smile. Ethan glances to the man beside Andrew “and you must Derek.”

Derek shifts in his seat looking a little discomfited. “Yeah, that’s me.” His eyes flit to mine and gives me a hesitant smile “I saw you’re the keynote speaker for this event, congratulations! I’m really excited to hear what you have to say. We’ve patterned a lot of our investment strategies based on The Firebird Group’s analytical models that you created.”

I’m about to reply when Andrew scoffs “Ugh do we have to start that boring talk over dinner? I know you think what you’re doing is important but can you just give it a rest for once.”

Derek tries to smile but I observe how his eyes cast down to his empty plate and he fidgets with his silverware. “Sorry Drew.”

I’d never begrudged Derek for what had happened, he had been just as much a victim as I had that fateful day. He had looked shocked and dismayed when I had entered the hotel room. The total surprise on his face was not something that you can fake. He had even uttered a quiet but sincere apology when he hastily left the room after my entry.

Truthfully, I hadn’t expected Andrew to have pursued anything with him after our relationship had ended. I’d assumed it was just a quick fuck nothing more. I wasn’t sure how it had progressed and it wasn’t any of my business but I did wonder how Andrew had gotten his meat-hooks into Derek. I supposed I knew better than anyone that there was something about Andrew that was difficult to let go and at least in my experience, he didn’t reveal the more problematic aspects of his personality until you were well and truly involved but Derek was a trifecta of intelligent, successful, and good looking. I couldn’t fathom why he would want to maintain a relationship with someone that he knew was a cheater. It wasn’t my business, but watching how Andrew interacted with him now, my heart went out to him.

I’d been in his position. On the outside I could see it for exactly what it was but in it, I had been blind. He was like a splinter. He would subtly put you down but it didn’t appear that way on the surface, but the things he said got under your skin barely perceptible at first until they became more frequent, less masked, and escalated until it was a festering infected thing that grew and more and more painful until you removed it.

I give him what I hope is a reassuring smile. “It’s always encouraging to hear that our models have helped other businesses and there’s no finer praise than hearing that other successful businesses have adopted our analytics.”

From my peripheral I see Andrew rolls his eyes but Derek smiles softly.

Dinner continues, small talk being made between the 4 of us though I have to admit a large portion of my attention is directed towards Ethan.

We steal subtle touches and flirty looks and I have to remind myself multiple times not to get caught up in the charade, not to believe the fantasy.

But as dinner progresses I have nearly all but forgotten about the presence of Derek and Andrew, too caught up in Ethan. I'm so engrossed that the sound of my name was unexpected and it took me a moment to realize the voice speaking to me belonged to Andrew.

I turn and he’s smiling at me expectantly, I had missed the question.

Shit. I try to smile acting like I just didn't understand what he had said, rather than I just completely didn't hear him. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

He huffs. "I said, you look great, Nixy."

I shift uncomfortably, uncertain what the appropriate meter would read when an ex compliments his previous partner using the pet nickname he had given to said former partner in front of his current partner that he was caught cheating on the other person with. I didn’t think it was especially kosher. "Thanks." I mumble.

"You look...different. Something about you seems different. Like you're happy or something." He says his tone almost accusatory.

"Yeah. I am. Things are really good for me right now." I reply trying not to glance at Ethan and failing.

"That's great." Andrew replies but it doesn't sound genuine.

"Yeah. It is." I say pointedly.

"It's that boyfriend of yours. That's what's got you all goo-goo-eyed.” He says his tone biting.

My hackles raise and I straighten up in my chair, ready to defend Ethan if need be. "Yes, Ethan is, he’s a very special man. I’m lucky to have him in my life."

Andrew sneers. "Oh please, no one can make you happy like the way I made you happy. We both know that.”

My jaw drops. The audacity of this man, it doesn’t seem to be some grab to have me back but I can’t believe he’s honestly having this conversation with both our current partner’s present. Well his partner anyway, given that Ethan and I aren’t real but he doesn’t know that for all intents and purposes Ethan is my boyfriend and he’s pulling this stunt in front of both him and Derek.

I snort in derision. "I was happy with you once Andrew, or at least I thought I was. But I'm happy now. Truly happy and it's not because of you, it's in spite of you. We’ve both moved on, look at the person you’re here with, maybe you should be focused on him instead of trying to keep me as some kind of prize on your mantle. You gave us up and I accepted that maybe you should accept the fact that you can’t have your cake and eat it too."

Andrew's lips twist into a nasty grimace.

Derek who has been quiet through the entire exchange speaks up looking towards me and Ethan "It's a good thing you’re happy. Andrew, you should be too."

Andrew snaps his head towards him. "What the fuck does that mean, Derek?"

Derek flinches and his eyes dart between the three of us his face growing an impossible shade of red. "Nothing, nothing. Just that it's good Phoenix is happy, and that he has someone in his life who’s important to him. You should be happy that he's happy. Right? Let's please just enjoy the rest of the night."

Andrew scowls but nods his head in agreement.

But of course that couldn't be the only glitch in the night. Part-way through dinner my nose begins to burn with the building urge to sneeze. I can’t pin-point what exactly is triggering me though it’s probably a combination of things. There are a plethora of scents permeating throughout the air. It doesn't seem like the sneeze is coming, no, instead it's like a tickle is stuck in the middle of my nose and the urge is there but the release isn't forthcoming.

Fuck.

I don't want to cause a scene or draw attention to myself, but my nose is starting to hurt from the prickling burning. I discreetly bring my hand up to pinch my nose in the hope that I can stop the sneeze from building, but the tickle just moves into my throat and it's unpleasant. After a few more minutes the tickle flares to life.

HhheH'XxTshhh

Oh God. The half sneeze jolts me forward. It feels so unsatisfying, the release doesn't help ease the burning. My eyes unfortunately find Andrew’s first since he’s sitting directly across from me his lips curl into a grimace. I quickly glance away not needing a reminder of how repulsive he finds me my eyes instead finding Ethan’s. The look on his face is the complete opposite of Andrew’s, compassionate, gentle, intermingled with concern.

I try to give him a small smile and shake my head trying to indicate that I'm fine. I'm not fine, but I can't draw any attention to myself right now, not in front of Andrew. I give a small sniff and that seems to only intensify the tickle.

I'm feeling light headed and my sinuses are burning. I'm about to give up and excuse myself to the bathroom when Ethan's hand is on my shoulder, his fingers gently tracing over my nape. He's whispering in my ear, I can feel the warm heat of his breath and it elicits a shiver from me.

"Blow your nose honey." He says slipping a few tissues into my hands.

I don't need him to tell me twice, as discreetly as I can I blow my nose but instead of offering some relief it only seems to aggravate the tickle. I swallow back a groan. My breathing is getting shallow. Fuck. I have to sneeze. The need is building and building. My eyes dart around the room, I have no choice.

EH-Hehh-HEh'TssXTCh.

I bury my face into my jacket trying to contain the sound, but the tickle isn't letting up. I'm going to have to sneeze again and the pressure is already mounting.

"You alright?" Ethan whispers but unfortunately it's loud enough for Andrew to hear.

"Of course he's alright, it's just his damn allergies. He never could stop sneezing." Andrew says rolling his eyes.

Derek shifts in his seat clearly uncomfortable again glancing at me then at Andrew and then back down to his plate.

I ignore them. All I can focus on is the building force.

Ethan's fingers are still gently rubbing against my nape and that seems to be the only thing keeping me sane at this moment.

The need to sneeze is intense, the tickle is burning and prickling at the tip of my nose.

He-Heh'XCHiew. HhheEHXXT—Chiew...Hh'XsCSHhiew..HhEH-XSSChiew.. Hhh'XSSThiew

Fuck, despite my efforts I’m hardly stifling them, I find myself in a full blown attack and I have no choice now but to give in, though I still war for control over the releases. Stifling as best as I can.

Hh'hEhh'XSSH—chiew...NnnGggg'TCh—Uh… EH'XsstChiew.. Hhh'XtK’ch

"Jesus, Nixy do you need to go?" Andrew asks, the annoyance apparent in his tone.

There was a time I used to get all melty hearing that nickname now it grates on my nerves and I really wish he would stop. He has no right to call me that even more. But I can’t remark on that, I can't even answer.

Heehh’Ggngh-Chew…Heh'XSHiu-EHHXschtu.. Hhh'ESsttcsh-Eehh'Eehh'Tsh-XChiu

My eyes are watering and I'm so lightheaded that I have to brace myself against the table, the pressure in my head and sinuses is unbearable.

Ethan's hand I realize hasn’t left my back, still rubbing small circles.

HH'heHh-Hhh'Xs'sssh'iew...HHh'eXXTsh'iew! H'hhEess'Chieww..Hehh'E'Ssshhiewww

"Jesus! If you're going to keep on with this shit, you might as well go back to your room. You're making a spectacle of yourself." Andrew says rolling his eyes.

I don't have the strength to argue, but the tickle is intensifying. I take a series of strong hitching breaths.

HHH-hhEhhh-hhEHH'SSSshiew! Hh'EEHxss'chiew...HEH'h'XXTsh-iew

Finally, a sense of relief floods through me.

"Ugh. Finally. You can stop with the theatrics." Andrew says rolling his eyes again and looking away.

Ethan's hand has stopped moving and it feels like his body is rigid I glance to him and see he's clenching his jaw and he’s glaring daggers at Andrew. But it’s not Ethan that speaks up.

“What the hell Drew! It’s not his fault, there's no need to ridicule him like that.” Derek looks to me “Bless you. Are you okay Phoenix?

I nod my head and give him a small smile, but I can't speak. I can't find my voice.

"Come on Nix, let's get you back to the room. Can you stand?" Ethan's voice is gentle but there's a hard edge underneath.

I nod again.

"I'm taking him back." Ethan says firmly.

"There's no need to baby him Evan" Andrew mutters and shakes his head.

"It's Ethan, and it's clearly more than you've ever done for him. He deserves someone that takes care of him when this happens, not get all contemptuous with him for something that can’t be helped.”

“And that person is you?” Andrew sneers.

“For as long as Nix wants, yes, I'm more than happy to be that person.”

I feel a wave of emotion wash over me. I know we're faking it, and he's just playing his role but it's so sincere. I can feel the conviction and truthfulness in his words. I know they're fake, but it feels like he's not even acting anymore.

"Come on." He says, and he guides me from the dining hall.

As soon as we're back at the room I'm overcome with the most intense and powerful sneeze attack yet.

HHHhh-heHEhh'SSSHiew.Heh'Ss'Chiew…HEhh'SSTchiew..HHhhEh..Hh’EShTchieww HH'Hhehh-Hh'HE'sshiew...H'HEh'Ehh'sshiew…Heh'HHh-sh'iew..Hh'Hh'ESsSHTChIEW..'EssSTChu.

Ethan's arms wrap around me, holding me close. He presses his chest against my back and runs his fingers down my torso. His touch is electric and soothing and I relax into his arms as I continue to sneeze.

HHhh'Heh'hh'ESsSShiewww..Heh'E'h'XSH'iew…H'HHE'SCHieww..H'H'HE'SSh'ieww..HHhh'ESSS'shh'iew!! HH'HHE’TtSSTChIEW

"That's it." He murmurs. "You can stop fighting it give in to it, just let it all out. I got you honey."

I whimper and sniffle, my eyes watering, I bury my face into the crook of my arm, the sensation of another fit coming on.

HHH'hehh'HHE'SssTChiew...Hehh'es'h'ssiew..HEhH'HE'h'SS'shiew..Heh'HEH'hh'shhiew...HEh'H'HEh'SssTCHiew..

"There you go. That's it. Get it all out of your system. You're doing great Nix."

I never thought I needed calm words of encouragement to get me through an allergy attack but now that Ethan’s delivered them I realize how nice it is.

HH'HEH'HH'ESsh'ieww! HH-He'SSS'chiew

Ethan holds me and run his fingers through my hair as the fits continue.

HH'HEh'Ssschiew..Hh'hhE'hs'STchiew! H'hh'HessssChiew..Heehh’ESsstchiew

Finally the attack begins to subside and Ethan brings me a box of tissues and a warm wet washcloth

He gently dabs at the corners of my eyes and runs the cloth across my face and neck.

I lean into his touch.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like a human being again." I mumble.

"Let's get you in the shower."

"Only if you join me."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. I'm liable to have my wicked way with you and you need to recover."

"I don't see how that's a problem."

He chuckles placing a light kiss on my cheek and another on my mouth. "Because honey, you need to take it easy, so let's get you in the shower and cleaned up, maybe we can revisit that option later."

I sigh but nod, I'm still exhausted. The shower does make me feel much better. When I get I wrap myself in the fluffy robe provided by the hotel. Ethan glances at me upon my exit from the bedroom guiding me to the bed. He lays down next to me pulling me into his chest.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with Andrew and that shit show at dinner." I say.

He shakes his head. "You have nothing to apologize for. That was not your fault.” He’s about to continue, I’m certain with some disparaging comments about Andrew when there is a knock on the door.

We look quizzically at each other. “Maybe it’s the hotel staff stating the airline has identified and has dropped off my luggage?” I say getting up to answer the door. Once upon it is definitely not hotel staff behind the door.

“Derek?”

He shuffles his feet clearly uneasy. “Uhhh hi.”

Ethan has come up behind me and Derek’s eyes are darting from his to mine.

I hold the door open wider “Please come in.”

“Thanks.” He says softly still looking very nervous to be here.

"So Derek what's brought you to our door?" Ethan asks his tone polite but cautious.

“Oh! Ummm right, yes, well uhh, here, I think this fell out from your pocket.” He says holding out my keycard in the little folder with our hotel number written on it. He chews on his lip “Don’t worry Andrew didn’t see it and he doesn’t know I’m here or your room number.”

“Thank you.” I say expecting that to be all but Derek doesn’t make any move to leave instead he appears even more uncomfortable.

“Sorry uhh sorry I know I’m intruding on your night. I’ll be out of your hair in no time, just I’m well I owe you so many apologies.” Derek says nodding towards me. “I’m sorry for tonight and the way Andrew was treating you. I don’t agree with anything he said. And I never got to properly apologize for what happened that day in the hotel. I was in shock when you showed up that day, I had no idea he was involved with anyone else. I wouldn’t have done anything with him if I had known. And of course it had to be you. You’re my idol, I found a lot of inspiration from you and following your career and it gave me motivation during times where I questioned if I belonged in this field. Having you walk in on me with your boyfriend wasn’t how I wanted to or expected to meet you and it definitely wasn’t the first impression of me that I wanted you to have.”

He looks so genuinely dismayed and once again my heart goes out to him. "It's really alright Derek. There's no hard feelings between us. I never blamed you for what happened. That was all Andrew.

He nods but he still looks a bit guilty. "So yeah, anyways, I'm sorry to barge in like this, but I just wanted to drop off the card and let you know how truly sorry I was, and how I really admire your work and your career. Your models really have revolutionized our firm's analysis process. But I'll uh leave you two alone. Have a great evening." He says turning towards the door and then turning back "It probably doesn't mean much coming from me but I really am glad that you're happy." He smiles but he seems almost sad when he says it like he can't say the same for himself. Once again my heart goes out to him. "Anyways I'll see around." 

After he leaves Ethan glances to me. “Well he’s really not what I expected.”

I chuckle. “I told you.”

“Though I don’t really understand why he chose to be in a relationship with Andrew after he found out that Andrew was cheating on you."

“I don’t understand it either other than Andrew has this way of pulling you under like an undertow. If you try to resist against it rather than trying to get out of its path you only get pulled under more. On the outside it's easy to see what's happening but when you're in it it's harder to see his actions for what they really are and mean.”

“I feel bad for him, he’s clearly passionate, and smart, and he’s cute—“

I raise my eyebrow.

Ethan laughs “Oh come on, you have eyes right?”

I return the laugh. He’s not wrong. Derek is shorter than both Ethan and myself and smaller in frame in than Ethan, he’s naturally smooth as I learned that fateful day in the hotel, with a thick head of curly deep brown hair and puppy dog eyes all of it giving him this beguiling sort of attractiveness, it’s probably what enticed Andrew in the first place.

“It’s a shame he’s wasted on a guy like Andrew.” Ethan continues.

“I agree.”

We get ready for bed. We crawl in and lay down on our sides facing each other. I trace the features of his face, his cheek bones, his jaw, and those luscious lips. He smiles, his eyes sparkling. "You're stunning."

"You're not so bad yourself." He murmurs his gaze flitting between my eyes and lips. His hand brushes across my brow before settling in my hair and his thumb runs over the shell of my ear.

I shudder. "Do you have any idea what that does to me?"

He leans into my ear nibbling on the earlobe, licking along the backside. "I think I have some idea." He whispers.

I moan.

He's smirking as he continues his ministrations on my ear and the skin along my neck. He pulls away looking down at my lips.

"Kiss me." I plead.

His eyes snap up and connect with mine and I can't breathe. The way he's looking at me squeezes at everything that should not be in this equation right now, my emotions, my heart, and my desire for intimacy, specifically my desire for intimacy with him. His hand grips the back of my head and he brings our lips together. The kiss is sweet and sensual. Slow and unhurried. The press of his lips and the way his tongue teases mine are so gentle and soft and it’s just encouraging all the stupid thoughts I shouldn’t be having. With reluctance I pull away from the kiss, reminding myself not to get too caught up, because when this summit is over I need to be able to let this go. That thought pinches my heart painfully. 

“You alright?” Ethan asks, because of course he’s sensed the shift in my mood.

“Yeah, just with the summit officially starting tomorrow and my speech we probably shouldn't let this progress further tonight and if you keep kissing me like that it might."

His eyes sparkle with mischief but true to his word that Ethan would put work ahead of anything else he nods "I understand."

But he doesn't, he doesn’t understand that I have been entranced with him since his interview, that I’ve been low-key crushing on him since he started. He doesn’t understand what that previous weekend did to me, and he doesn’t understand that the longer we continue pretending to be boyfriends the closer and closer I am to falling in love with him.

I roll over turning off the bed-side light. Despite reminding myself to maintain distance, it’s also my only opportunity to be with Ethan in this way, so against my better judgment I wrap my arm around Ethan, pulling him against me.

"Goodnight, Ethan." I whisper against his neck.

He nestles deeper into me turning his head placing a feathery light kiss on my lips. “Night Nix."

In the morning I wake up with razors in my throat and a more than usual stuffy nose. Well Fuck.

~TBC~

Edited by Not Telling
Punctuation
  • Not Telling changed the title to The Advertisement (Chapters 2/?)

I'm actually about to combust. This story is everything you'll ever need and more, I CANNOT get enough omfg. If I didn't hate Andrew at the beginning of this, I fully despise him now. I feel so sorry for Derek, I hope he finds someone better because he really is a sweetheart and deserves so much more. Andrew deserves to be lonely for the rest of his life at this point. My favourite part of this I have to say is the way that you depict Ethan. My heart melts every time I read about him, he's truly everything you could want in a partner. The way he can selflessly set aside himself for Phoenix and care for him in such a genuine, beautiful way whilst also having the side to him that will fulfil everything Poenix needs in a relationship, up to being incredible in bed. Thank you for creating such special characters and such LONG chapters! I can only wait in anticipation of witnessing so many more sneezes that I enjoy almost as much as Ethan hahaha. I'm excited to see where you take Nix's cold, maybe we'll see some caretaking from him instead soon if Ethan ends up catching it? 😉 I'll be waiting (im)patiently for more, I'm just in love with this entirely.

Um. I thought I couldn’t get better and lo and behold it just got so much better. Like, knowing the “calm collected professional” Phoenix is kinda dying inside the entire time was something I did not know I needed but now cannot stop thinking about. So much thanks to another wonderful part and I await what wonders your brain will bless us with in the future. 

This was ammmmmaaazzzinnnngggg.i really love how you started this one out with a little bit of Ethan sneezing. I hope one day we will get a full chapter about him❤️

Thank you so much for updating! I have literally been checking the site EVERY DAY to see if you've written more. ❤❤❤❤

Oh wow.  This is SOME addition to the story.  I am super impressed, and appreciative of the length of the chapters, the amount of character you infuse your characters with, and how much they care about each other!  This story just makes me stupidly happy!  I really feel like I would love to BE Ethan (so sassy, put-together, aware, confident and witty!) and I would LOVE to find someone like Phoenix (I mean, who wouldn't, on this site)!  They just seem like incredible people, and I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know them.  I can't wait to see how the rest of this convention goes, and am all a flutter about what is going to happen at the end of it...

Well holy shit that was hot!  And a sick Nix is forthcoming with sweet care taking and comfort from Ethan?  Yes please! Definitely worth the wait but hoping the next desert comes soon.  
These boys are so sweet together and I love how much Phoenix appreciates and melts at Ethan’s thoughtfulness and care.  Now Ethan is learning why after meeting the heartless ex.

It was so much better than I expected the lore the backstory the details. Wonderful. I kind of want to see how nix reacts if he pass his sneezy cold to Ethan. Since he seems to be want him sneeze as well. Or maybe Ethan catches his cold but doesn't want nix to know so he tries to play it cool but fails

Oh my, thank you so much for this amazing new chapter! I really love Nix and Ethan. Andrew really is an ass!!! 

Hope there will be more chapters to come. Also Nix's sneezing is extraordinary! 

16 hours ago, AntheaHolmes said:

Oh my, thank you so much for this amazing new chapter! I really love Nix and Ethan. Andrew really is an ass!!! 

Hope there will be more chapters to come. Also Nix's sneezing is extraordinary! 

I had to comment again after my 5th rereading. It's just so phenomenal. Really! I love your story! I was just thinking about how adorable it would be, if Nix caught a cold or flu and Ethan takes care of him. Maybe Nix's sneezing would differ from him allergy sneezes. Really love them together. It's so wholesome! I love how Ethan cares about Nix while they are both like shy-ish and such cutie-pies! 

Yeah. Thanks again for creating these two lovebirds! Really appreciate it! 

@dwaekki Awww thank you for your wonderful and lengthy comment! Absolutely agreed, Andrew is a manipulative dick weed. Derek definitely pulls at my heartstrings a bit, he might need his own story, we shall see how it evolves, but ideas are definitely sitting there. 😉 Ethan has been a very fun character to bring to life. I think especially with his relationship with the fetish it makes him a very dynamic character. He's confident in who he is to be sure, fetish included, but he struggles with the idea that someone else would also so readily accept it and be so willing to explore the multiple facets of it with him.

@uwus and love Thank you! Once I accepted that this was going to become a fully fledged story I knew that I needed the dual perspective to give us some insight into Phoenix's psyche. I really enjoyed getting in his head. I'm glad that it worked for you as well. 

@secret19❤️ I am a bit infatuated with Ethan sneezing myself, so don't worry, I definitely have plans for Ethan in that regard. 🤭

@sprinkles287☺️❤️

@Autumn *Meep* Thank you!!

@thesneezegoddes❤️ I couldn't ask for a greater compliment! And I can only apologize for how long I made you wait. 😅 But luckily you didn't have to wait even half as long this time. Haha

@funbusej  Your comments in turn make me stupidly happy. Thank you! Nix is definitely a dreamboat, sneezy and not just receptive and accepting of the fetish but he takes it to the next level with his unprompted willingness to service Ethan in that manner. I'm so glad that you're enjoying both Ethan and Nix, it's been fun to get in their minds (and more importantly out of mine haha). 

@Privatedancer *Blush* I'm so glad you enjoyed the last chapter. I agree, Ethan and Phoenix are perfectly balanced for each other. Phoenix has someone who will never make him feel less because of his allergies, will be conscientious but beyond that will also make him feel sexy about something that typically leads to embarrassment. And Ethan has someone who is happily willing to explore the facets of the fetish with him and aid in his acceptance journey. Luckily, I've had a bit of a sweet-tooth lately, so the waiting period wasn't as agonizingly long as previously. haha.

@Blackcat182 Thank you! 

On 11/20/2023 at 6:17 AM, Blackcat182 said:

I kind of want to see how nix reacts if he pass his sneezy cold to Ethan.

You and me both. 🤭

@orange Thank you!! 🧡

@AntheaHolmes Oh my gosh, wow! Thank you! I'm so glad that you've been enjoying this so much. Based on your last comment I have a pretty good feeling that you'll appreciate this upcoming chapter. Yes, I'm with you, they're both confident in secure in who they are particularly related to their professional roles but they are blind to how someone might seem them outside of that space which makes them a little more shy and hesitant and neither one of them sees how the other person sees about them. Oh oblivious MC's, being oblivious haha. 

@thesneezyowl ❤️ Thank you.

Hello, hello fellow forum friends! Hope this update finds you all well. This story is pouring out of me, so you're getting another chapter! Not quite as long as the first two chapters but I hope that it still cleanses the palate and you all enjoy! Cheers!

Chapter 3: Ethan

Nix has been distant with me all morning. When I woke and went to kiss him he pulled back with some excuse of morning breath but that hadn’t stopped him yesterday. It’s possible that he’s just in work mode with his speech scheduled for later this morning but it feels like something else is going on. Is he regretting our little arrangement? I knew I never should have suggested it, the only person it’s really fooling is me. It seemed I was the one lacking in self-preservation now and clearly what we were doing here meant more to me than Phoenix. I need to stop hoping that this would be a catalyst for more and rid myself of the notions that these stolen moments together, the things he said about me to Andrew at dinner last night, his eagerness to please me and incorporate fetish play into our little ruse mean anything. Just barely over a day together pretending to be a couple and I’m already starting to forget it’s all an act.

Ugh what happened to the Ethan that was adamant about his independence, that was focused on his career and didn't want a relationship? It was a question I already knew the answer to and had been denying for over a year. Nix is what happened. As much as I had tried to keep my distance, we spent enough time together and I knew enough about him being his personal assistant that he had wedged himself in my brain like some kind of sleeper bomb that in the past few days had detonated, sending shrapnel straight to my heart.

After he rebuffs my advances for a third time when I go to adjust his tie I internally sigh, this was always too good to last I just had foolishly thought we would have until the end of the summit before reality smacked me in the face.

I need to accept that this is over and move on. He hasn't said anything to me about wanting to end our arrangement prematurely, but the lack of physical affection combined with the tension radiating off him is indication enough and maybe I was foolish enough to drive us into this position, and maybe I'm foolish enough to get emotionally invested, but I’m not foolish enough to not take a hint. I’d let myself fall too much into the lie, forgetting that none of this was actually real, at least for his part, because nothing about waking up in Nix’s arms or having his lips and body on mine, or his willingness to please me and indulge my fetish whims feels fake.

As much as I had hoped things would develop between us, as much as I longed for his actions to be as real as mine, this was a business trip, and the work came first. I had promised him that, it was the least I could deliver, after everything Nix had given me. So I slip back into my professional role. I am once more Ethan Ferguson, PA to Mr. Hathaway.

We don’t talk much the rest of the morning leading up to his speech so I busy myself with other requisite work tasks before we vacate the room and make our way to the ballroom that has been converted into a conference hall. When Phoenix takes the stage for his speech and the bright stage light shines on him, although he looks resplendent in his navy blue subtly plaid suit and maroon tie, I take in his abnormally pale face and his froggy voice as he begins talking and I realize what I was missing.

He had somehow managed to fall ill. I couldn’t believe I had been so oblivious to it earlier, it seems so obvious now. His normally silky baritone voice has taken on a tonally deeper quality, and his sinuses seem to be inflamed making it difficult for him to enunciate. I don't think it's noticeable to the general person in the audience but as I've been working along side him for a year and a half I can detect the difference.

He pauses mid-way through his speech his breath hitching before he pinches his nose fiercely for several seconds and carrying on. As his speech continues it's like I'm watching him deteriorate right in front of me. We must have both missed the early onset symptoms of his illness, attributing them to his allergies. He had mentioned yesterday when we got back to the room after dinner that his throat felt a little raw and he had a bit of a headache. I hadn't thought anything of it at the time, after an extended allergy fit it was common for that time be the case, I'm sure he paid it no more mind as well.

I watch him continue to valiantly push through his speech. I observe now how he's desperately trying to hide his condition though he looks minutes away from sneezing. His face is contorting in weird ways to try and prevent the sensation from building, and his hand keeps pinching his nose. As he begins the next sentence he takes an involuntary sharp inhale. He pauses to take a drink of water from the glass the conference organizers provided turning his back to the audience and I know it’s to take more extreme measures to attempt to quash the urge to sneeze rather than the more discreet one’s he’s been taking while facing the audience. He's fighting the urge with all his might and just barely succeeding. I see him swallow down a few more hitching breaths. It's taking everything in him not to interrupt the flow of his presentation.

I want to do something, but this isn't the type of thing where I can swoop in and save him so I silently cheer him on, hoping he makes it through, my heart thudding in suspense. I check my watch he still has 15 more minutes left. If it became absolutely necessary I would step in, and by that I mean if Nix had to give in to urge to sneeze, because I know if he starts it’ll probably be minutes before he stops. I know his speech front to back from the number of times he’s recited it for me but I wouldn’t be able to deliver it with the same passion and inspiration that Nix does. This is Nix’s moment and I don’t want to take it away from him.  

As it is, he's still charming and engaging. I observe that the crowd is hanging on every word and the control that he has, is astounding and impressive but these minutes are some of the most anxious minutes of my life as he fights the urge to sneeze. I look at the time again 10 more minutes. We had both planned to attend the remaining events of the summit of the summit but after his speech his attendance isn't required for anything else, he just has to make it through this. Come on honey, you can do it. I think to myself.

He pauses again in an effort to regain control, pinching the bridge of his nose squinting his eyes shut.

"Please excuse me." He says sheepishly into the mic. "See even to a professional, finances can be so overwhelming they take your breath away." He jokes and the crowd titters, even I smile at his improvisation. He proceeds, having gained the upper-hand in his battle. He makes it several more minutes before the persistent urge begins to surface again, clearly not to be outdone.

I'm gripping the ends of my chair so tight my knuckles have turned white. I'm biting my bottom lip so hard I fear I might draw blood. The next five minutes are some of the longest of my life, time seems suspended as I watch Nix war for control against his body that is rebelling against him. His eyes lock onto mine, they hold both a silent plea but also a fierce determination. I nod at him encouragingly giving a small smile hoping he understands what I mean to convey. That I'm prepared to step in if he needs me to but that I know he can do it. He holds my gaze through the rest of his speech when he finishes I'm the first to stand in his ovation. He looks so relieved as the event coordinator comes onto the stage to thank him and introduce the next speaker. Nix hastily exits the stage and I follow, meeting him at the back door exit on the other side of the stage.

"Oh honey." I mutter as he slumps into my arms. His entire body is taut and trembling from the effort to still hold back his sneezes. “Let’s get you out of here.” I whisper guiding him into the nearest single service family restroom, that’s thankfully just outside the meeting hall. As soon as the door shuts behind us his legs collapse and he sinks to the ground and he buries his face into his elbow preparing for the imminent sneezing fit to overcome him.

HE-HEh...HhhEEHhh...Hhhhuuhhh....Hhhuuuuhh-Ahhh...

The build-up toys with Nix for what has to be a solid 30 seconds. Unlike his allergy build-ups that are a bit more light and airy these sound like they're building from deep in his chest making him sound like he's desperately gasping for air each intake of breath. His lips are quivering, nostrils fully flared, his entire body is convulsing begging for release. I rub my hand along his back trying to ease the discomfort. Finally-

HhheEEH'EssGNGHMPTch-Uh....Hhhuuhh...HhaaHH..Hhh'HHehh'MMmmpGNGHTX XX--Uhh

"Don't stifle darlin', please you're going to hurt yourself."

He shakes his head "Too mm-much."

HhheeH'HH-HEH-hh'Es'GNKTXXXT-Guhh..

"Here" I take off my blazer pressing the cotton to his face and leaning him into my shoulder to help muffle the sound and catch his sneezes.

Nix’s eyes widen pulling back in protest shaking his head, but the sneezes that he fought so long at keeping at bay refuse to be gated any longer and I know he isn’t going to be able to resist against them for long, especially now that he’s allowed himself to sneeze a couple of times.

“It’s okay” I encourage. “Just let them out, you’ll feel better”

Hh…HeeH..HaaH’SSSsTTChew… HessTchew-Eh'tschiiu-Estchhhew-Eh’ehtchu-Ttschuu-Tschoo!

That last set hits him rapid fire without any room to breathe between each release. With each sneeze he sounds more and more congested.

Hheehhhhhh... ehh…EH'TCHU! EH'TSCHIEW! EHH-EHH-EHHHEE-TSSssSTChIeW!...EHh'HE'HE'EHS'sTchiEw!...Ehh-hehh-heh'EE'ESshiew!! HHE'hEHE'EH'sSSh'ieEWWW! EH'H-EHEh'E'sssSsh'iew. ..HE-he'HE'Hh'HE'SST'chiew! H-HEhh'hh'h-hHE'hsST'chiewww! EH'HH'he'H'he'ESSsST'CHIEW!! Ehh'HH'HEH'H'HE'sSSsS'tCHeiu... Hehh'HH'HHE'hH'HE'S'sssS'shhiew.. Eh-hE-HEH'SST'chieww! Eh'HE'HE'HHE'sss'SSsST'chiew!! Eh-H'HE'HHHE'ESSS'sh't'CHEIU!!

He sniffs miserably when he's done.

“Bless you honey.” I say while wiping at his nose with the sleeve of my blazer.

He grimaces and I know it's over the fact that I let him use my clothes as a literal tissue.

"I'm so sorry." He croaks his voice even more hoarse now.

I shake my head. "What do you have to be sorry for?"

"This.” He gestures to himself  “Ruining your suit jacket, being so gross. Some fake boyfriend I make." He grumbles.

"First, you did not ruin my suit jacket it's easily washable and besides I offered it. Secondly, I don't want to hear you talk about my fake boyfriend like that, I happen to think he's pretty magnificent. He just delivered an awe-inspiring, engaging, captivating, 30 minute speech all while feeling under the weather and battling with the urge to sneeze. Additionally, there is nothing gross about you."

He chuckles before it turns into a small cough. "Well being as you are the best fake boyfriend in existence, I think you're a little biased." he responds looking at me. Although his eyes are droopy and his eyes are glassy they still hold a teasing glint.

Yeah, I'm so good at this business because for me it isn't fake but of course I don't say that, instead I quip back with a smile "Yep and acting as the best fake boyfriend you could ever have, I'm going to insist we go back to the bedroom and you get some rest."

He nods shakily getting to his feet listing into me for support. I take on the majority of his weight as he adjusts to standing fully upright. As soon as we're in the elevator he sags into the wall with a small groan. I get him into our room and deposit him on the bed.

"Alright, let's get you out of these clothes and into something more comfortable" I say as I've already begun undressing him and getting him into a loose tee and sweats. Even in this state it's impossible not notice his exquisite body as I undress him. You'd look too I guarantee. I don't care if you're gay straight or somewhere in between, Nix is turning your head. It's almost unfair that even while sick he manages to still look like like an Adonis.

I press my palm to his forehead, it's clammy and damp with a feverish sweat his face is visibly swollen from the sinus pressure, his cheeks flushed.

"Don't feel good." He says before taking a wheezing breath and coughing which morphs into another sneezing fit.

"I know handsome" I say reaching for a tissue and holding it up to him when he's done. "Can you blow for me?"

He nods giving a solid blow before he pitches forward with several sneezes.

HhhEEhh'EsSSSTttChiew...HhhEEHH...HhhAAHH'HHEH'EsSSSTchew.. Hhh'E...HE...HE'SSStsstChiew!!

He moans leaning back into the pillow. I lean forward to press a kiss on his forehead but he pulls away from me.

"Don't want you to get this."

"Oh honey, I don't care about that. I never get sick, besides I've probably already been exposed but I don't want you to worry about that." And with that I sneak the kiss on his forehead but I draw back when I hear his breath erratically hitch.

HhhEEhh...HeeHH'EsSSSTttCheew...Hhh'HhhhUUHH'Heeh'SsSSSTT’TtChhhiiuu

While he's preoccupied I slip into the bathroom running a washcloth under hot water. After wringing it out I bring it back to him. He's sniffling and his eyes are closed, his breathing sounding a bit shallow and congested. I wipe his brow and then his neck, he sighs his body relaxing.

"Can you sit up a bit for me?" He struggles to push himself up, but I gently guide him and slip behind him propping him up slighting and pulling him back against my chest. He melts into me with a moan.

"There you go. Relax." I say placing the warm cloth over his forehead and bridge of his nose beginning to massage his face focus on the sinus pressure points. I start on his temples applying gentle pressure in a circular motion. His eyes drift shut. I switch my focus to either side of his nostrils gently pressing down on the skin and holding for half a minute or so before tracing outwards along his cheekbones towards his ears.

"Hmmmm" he hums appreciatively. "Feels nice" He mumbles.

But after a few more moments of my massaging his sinuses with a shaky breath he warns "Gggooonna snn-ssnneeze"

Not having time to reach for a tissue I cup my hands over his nose and mouth.

He attempts to bat me away but I hold firm, we only have mere milliseconds before he lurches forward with a desperate release anyways.

HeeH’MmmpTSChew-‘TsChew-HaaHmmmPTChiew-MmpTSTISHU…

Oh fuck I am soft serve ice cream and he’s the sun. I have no hope of not melting when his sneezes hit him back to back like that.

Hh'hH-HH'HE'SsttcHEw!! HH'heh'hHA'HE'EHE'sssST'Chiew!! Hhh'H-hHehh...HE'Hh'ESSSS'tTt'cheew!! Ehhh-hEH-HE'Sst'sss'CHEwww! Hheh'HH-hE'HE'HE'sSs'St'CHiew! Hhhh-HE'HH'HE'HE'sSSst'CHEieww!

I try to focus on anything other than the fact that I'm catching his sneezes in my bare hands, or the way his body rubs against me when he jolts forward and falls back with every sneeze. Now is not the time to be getting aroused.

Heh-Heh'HEH-H'HE'sSST'chiewww!! Ehh-HE'HH-HE-E'sssST'sSST'Chiew! HH-HE'HH'HH'HHE'HE's'SSSst'sSsSST'chiew! HHe'H..HeHH'E's's'sSST's'Sss'Chiew! Ehh-heh'HH-H'HE'HE'sSSST'sssS's'T'CHEIUWWW! Heh..HH'H'HE'HE'sSSST'c-Chiewww! Hh...Heh..HH'HHE'HHHE'HE'HE's'SssST'c-Chiew! Heh-HE'HH..HE'HH'HE'HE'sSSST'sSss'SssT'CHiew!

His hands grapple for purchase against my thighs. I grind my teeth to bite back the moan that is begging to surface. Get it together Ethan. I internally scold.

Ehhh-hh'HE-HHE'HE'HHE'Es'sssSst'chiewww! Heh-Heh'HH-HH-HE'HHhe'HE'sSSS's'SST'chieww! Heh-HH'HE'HHE'HE's'SS'sSST'sssST'chiew! He..HH...HEh..H'HHHE'HH'HE'sSSS'SSs'sSst'sT'sSSsst'ChiIiu!

I wait until his sneezes settle and a few final few weak ones escape before reaching for the tissues wiping his nose and then my hands.

"Bless you hon.”

"M'sorry" He croaks.

"Shhh, it's alright." I soothe leaning him back into me.

He sighs but it turns into more sneezes.

Heh-Hehh-ESs'T'sss'ST'CHiew...Hhh'Hehh-HEh'HE'sSs'ST'ssS'sST'CHiewww!! Hhh'H-hHehh-HE'H-h'ESSSS'tTt'CHeew!!... Hhh..HeH..Hhah-HHuuh...HE'HH'HE'sSS'sSSs'sSS'sST'sSSst'sSSs'sSt'c-Chiewww!....Heh-Heh'HH'HH-HE'H-H-H'HE'sSsSSSSSssst'Cchiew! HeH..Hhiiuh...HE'H..Hhh'EsssSST'Chieww!

"Oh honey, your poor nose really does a number on you doesn't it?" I coo.

He whimpers nodding and burrowing his face into my neck. I wrap my arms around him pulling him close lying us both down on the bed letting my hand trail up and down his back. He snuffles and gives a small cough.

"You're okay. I've got you." I whisper. I let myself hold him until his breath evens out and his body fully relaxes into mine and I know he's asleep. I wait for a good 15 minutes to ensure he's really out before I attempt to move. I'm careful not to jostle him as I pull out from behind him tucking him in under the blankets but as I walk away from the bed he stirs a bit.

"Nnno." He whines softly his hand searching for me and finding my wrist tugging me back towards him.

"Shhh I'm just going to run to the drugstore and pick up some remedies for you, go back to sleep and you won't even know I'm gone."

He doesn't appear to be fully conscious because his only response is a quiet sigh. I press a quick kiss on his forehead. "I'll be right back, honey."

I come back with an arsenal of things, a digital thermometer, multiple brands of cold and flu symptom relief medication for day and night and cough suppressants with a plan is to just stagger intake so he constantly has something in his system relieving his symptoms, various nasal sprays, a vapor rub, throat lozenges, honey, a tea advertised to ease cold and flu symptoms with ginger, licorice, lemon, peppermint, cinnamon and a number of other ingredients, Gatorade to ensure he’s getting proper electrolytes, cans of soup and broth, and more tissues just in case the hotel provided box runs out.

"Hey handsome" I say as I enter the room greeted by the sounds of a vicious sneezing attack. I rush to the bedside where Nix is propped up slightly sneezing into his shirt.

HhEhh...Hhhiiiuuh..Hhuuh...Hh'Hh'HHE'HHE'HE'sssSSSSssST'chiiishu! HhEeH...EeHhuuh...HHE'sss'SSSSSSSTch-Chiew!! Hhh-HE'HH'HHE'HE'HH'E'sssSSSSSTChiew!!...Heh-Hhhaah...Hhh'HE'h'HEH'EsSssSSSST-CHIEw!

"Bless you." I take a seat next to him on the bed and he immediately leans into me. I run my fingers through his hair. “Did you get any rest at all?”

He nods swallowing heavily before answering. “Just woke up only a minute or so before you got back.” His voice is gravel.

"Here, take these." I say handing him both a couple cold relief tablets and liquid all in one Lemsip. He obediently takes them from me, but just that small action seems to drain him and he slumps further into me.

"Come on, let's get you horizontal."

"Not quite the context I'd like to hear you say that." He’s wearing a small teasing smile.

I laugh lightly "I'm glad you’re still well enough to make jokes Casanova." I say while helping him lay down and propping his head up with several pillows.

“Gonna take your temperature.” I set the digital reader to F and put it against Nix’s forehead. A few seconds later it beeps. 102.6 Not quite high grade but high enough that makes me suspicious that whatever Nix is battling isn't just a cold.

"You have a pretty high fever. How do you feel?"

He opens his mouth to answer but is caught by surprise by another sneezing fit.

Heeh'EssSsSTCchiieww!!... Heh..Hhahh...he'HH'HE-HE'h'H-h'H'Ehh’SssSSSsSSTtt’C-CCHHIIIIU... Hhh-hh-hh-h-hh-he'HH-H-H-HE'HE-he'he-hh'H-he'HH'HE'SssSSSTTTtttCChhheew!!

Chew-ESTchiuh-HEhETChiew-EHSTChu

Hhhh....Hhuuh-hh'Ahh..HhhEH...EEhh'HE'sssSsSSSS'TtCHiew!

"Well, aside from the constant sneezing, I think there is a fire in my throat, my head feels like a bowling alley, and I feel like someone hit me repeatedly with an anvil."

"That good huh?"

He gives me a small smile "Pretty much."

"Poor dear. Okay, let me change out of my work clothes and I'll see about what I can do for you." 

"You don't have to stay, I know you were looking forward to attending the other speeches and panels, you shouldn't miss out on my account." 

I tssked. "What kind of boyfriend would I be if I left my ill partner to fend for himself in a hotel while I went gallivanting about a work summit?" 

He chuckles lightly. "The kind that has been excited about this summit since I was invited months ago and the reason why I scheduled you to attend with me." 

What Nix fails to realize is that while the summit is an amazing event and true, I had been excited about it, I would rather be here with him, nothing will ever compare to being in his company. 

"Well if you think I'm going to willingly leave you to deal with this by yourself, you've severely underestimated how seriously I take my boyfriend obligations."

The look Nix gives me in response makes my heart thud. It's full of sincere gratitude, appreciation, affection and something that seems to resemble longing. But I don't have the time to try and decipher the true meaning as his eyes slip shut as another sneezing fit hits.

Hh..HE'h..HE'H...HAaaH...He'H...Hhhuuh..HE'HH'HE'HE'h'HE'HEh'SssSSSTtt'CCHEEewww!! HEH...Hhhuuuh...HhhEEH'HE'h'HE'h'HE'SSsSSSSSST'Chieww!!

"Bless you. How can you expect me to leave you when you're like this?" I ask rhetorically. "So I'm going to change, brew this herbal tea for you and then I'm going to get into bed with you and snuggle you the rest of the day. How does that sound?"

"Sounds like heaven." He mutters.

I start the kettle in the room to heat up the water, making quick work of changing into a t-shirt and sweats. Ten minutes later after letting the tea brew I find that Nix has already started nodding off again but at my approach he turns towards me. "Hey honey. Can you try some tea for me?"

He nods, propping himself up on his forearm accepting the mug. I take a seat beside him helping him prop himself up a bit so he doesn't choke and watch as he takes a few tentative sips.

"Mmm feels good" he says "except the hot air is mm-mmaking my nn-nose HhhEEHh itch" he shoves the mug towards me bending forward with a renewed sneezing fit.

Eh...HhEh-he'EHE'H...hh'he'hHE'h'HE'H'EsSSST'chiew!! HE'h-HEH..HH'H..HE'HE'sSssSSSsSTtCHiew!!...Ehh...he'Hehh-he...HH'Hhh'HhEhHe'ssSSSST'CHieww!! HeH...EH..HE-HEH'EsssSSsTCH-Chiew!! Hhh..Huuh...HE'HE'H'hHH'HE'HE'Hh'SSssTTTCHiew!

He finishes with a pitiful sniffle.

"Bless you" I murmur, handing him back the mug and watching him drink more than half. 

"That's it honey. This will help." I say tracing mindless shapes and patterns up and down his back.

When he's finished he hands me the mug sliding back under the covers rolling over to his side. I gently crawl in next to him, slotting myself up against him wrapping my arm around his torso pulling him close. I press small kisses to the back of his neck. He hums.

"Love the way you touch me." He whispers turning his head to look at me.

"Love touching you" I reply my lips ghosting over his. I know I should be taking more precautions to not get sick myself but I find that I don’t care, I don’t want a moment of being able to have him like this wasted and when he's looking at me with his warm brandy brown eyes I am incapable of resisting him.

"Ethan, you're gonna catch this" he protests but makes no effort to move away, seemingly as conflicted as I am.

"I'll risk it." I say sealing my mouth to his.

The kiss is gentle and unhurried nothing more than a slow sensual slide of our lips. We kiss like that for a long time until I feel Nix's lips start to tremble.

"EEeeThan" he begins but I already know what's about to happen.

I pull back bringing a tissue to his face. "It's alright honey go ahead."

HHhEh....HE'HE'he'HHEH’EsSSSSTTtt’CChhhIIIIUuu!...Hhh...Hhhuuuh...HHeh...HHaH....HH'HE'HEH’HhhEEHh’ESSSss’TCChhi'UWww!! HhEH...HH'H’HH’HHeeh’HHeh’HHhuh’Haah’EsSSsTtttChew!

EsssTTchiiew-Hha'AsSTchu-'Chew-EEh'Chew-EhTchiew-Chew-Chiew-‘TssTChiuu

HeH...Hhhuuu...HHHuuh...HE'HHuh'HEh'HH'HE'heHH''HiiH'HhhEH'SSssSSSTttTCCHhiu!!

I adore Nix’s allergy sneezes but there is something about the harsh, violent quality of his sick sneezes, like they’re tearing through him to escape. They haven't entered an unappealing territory but they're definitely more powerful and a bit wetter sounding than his allergic fits. Those desperate teasing extended build-ups are killing me, in the best way. I also love the cute little rapid fits he has around the longer more drawn out sneezes. I can feel the tantalizing force of the releases in the way his body tenses and lurches forward and from the dampness that I can feel through the tissue.

I bite my tongue and swallow back the moan that begs to break free from me. I twist trying to angle my traitorous body part away from him but if this continues no position is going to hide my reaction to him.

I know the moment he feels just how this is affecting me because his eyes widen. "Are you—?” He lets the obvious question go unspoken, sniffling thickly against the hitched breaths his body takes as it builds up for yet another series of sneezes.

I can feel the red staining my cheeks as I give a quick nod, there’s no point in denying it, there’s not much else I can claim when my physical enjoyment of his plight has found a home slotted against his rear. He gives a small smirk before another sneeze explodes from him.

HHaah...HH'HE'HH'HE'HH'HE'SsssSSSSTtTtChhiiiuuW!!

If the glint in his feverishly dazed eyes is anything to go by the way he arched back into me wasn't accidental.

HhEHH...H'HH'HE'HH'Hh’ESsSTCChhhUu!

EsSTchiew-Chew-HhhmmPTchiuu

Hheh..Hhuuuh..Hheh..Heh’Hh’hh’EeeSSsTChiew

"Bless you" I whisper when he’s done not quite able to look him embarrassed over my inability to restrain myself from reacting and hiding my interest.

"So uhhh my sneezing still affects you when I’m like this?" His tone is baffled but there is nothing but an open curiosity in his expression.

I bite my lip because so help me it does. It should disgust me, ordinarily it does, contagion grosses me out in most circumstances, and I would usually keep a wide birth around anyone who I knew was ill so as not to be subjected to the cesspool of germs, but with Nix it's different. I don’t care that he’s infected in the way I usually would. I don’t even find his condition off-putting the way I would with a random stranger or someone I wasn’t romantically emotionally attached to. While I don't particularly like the idea of getting sick, to a certain extent the notion of being so intimately tied to each other that it becomes an inevitably does appeal to me. I also can't help that I am hopelessly addicted to his sneezes, allergy, cold, or otherwise. But reacting this way when he is miserable, to be taking pleasure in his suffering feels wrong, sadistic even.

“I’m sorry.” I express turning away from him with a shamed, guilty blush.

"Oh baby, don't do that. It's okay." He says cupping my chin in his palm and guiding my face back to his. "It's okay if this turns you on. I just didn't think it would affect you the same way my being sick."

"I know it's wrong, and weird, and reprehensible you're ill and I'm over here thinking with my fucking dick when I should-"

Nix interrupts me by placing a light kiss over my lips he doesn't apply any pressure, just allows his breath to caress my skin before he lightly traces my lower lip with his own. The nerves in my lips skitter and dance making my entire body feel besottedly weak, a moan breeches from the back of my throat. How is that with just the simplest innocent touch he can make me feel so undone?

"Just because something is atypical doesn't make it wrong or something to be ashamed of. You can't help what your body's response is to sneezing anymore than I can help the fact that I sneeze more than average person. I'm fascinated by this part of you Ethan it isn't something that you should be embarrassed or ashamed over and nothing about it is reprehensible. In fact it's quite flattering. I mean I probably look a fright, I can't imagine I'm fairing much better than death warmed over, I sound like I swallowed gravel, yet you're turned on. That makes me feel sexy when I otherwise would feel about as attractive as sewer sludge. And the way you're responding to me right now? It's really fucking hot, Ethan." He takes my hand placing it over himself. "See?" He whispers.

I exhale deeply letting out the breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding. Nix continues to amaze and surprise me. It's one thing for him to graciously indulge my little idiosyncrasy but for him to actively be aroused by my reaction is something else entirely. 

He looks me dead in the eyes. "In fact, I'm not feeling the greatest and I sure would love a distraction to take my mind off how terrible I feel."

Oh God I want to give in, I want to say yes. Does it make me a selfish glutton? The last thing I should be thinking about are my own needs. He's ill, quite probably the flu the last thing he should be doing is indulging in my kinky whims. He should be resting and not appealing to my perverse fantasies.

"I can hear your moral dilemma from here" he chuckles.

"I'm sorry" I sigh.

"There's nothing to apologize for baby. If you don't want to or you're uncomfortable then that's fine, no pressure. But if your hesitation is because you don’t think you should want this or out of concern for my health and condition. I'm telling you I'm willing and wanting."

I shake my head. "Oh Mr. Hathaway what am I going to do with you."

"Well..." He touches me teasingly "You could say yes..." He poses. "I'll be sneezing regardless, might as well get something enjoyable out of it don't you think?"

I consider that for a moment. It is such a tempting offer, am I really foolish enough to turn it down? Or would I be more foolish to not turn it down and accept what he's giving me. All the emotional quandaries aside there is the simple fact that he is sick and shouldn't be expended this kind of energy and I definitely shouldn't be permitting it and instead insisting he give his body what it needs most, rest. As I continue to weigh my options, his breath begins to hitch wildly.

HheH....HH'HH'HE'HH'HH'HHe'HH'HH'HE'HH'HEe'Hee'Hhe'He'EsSSsSSsSst'ChiIU-CheeW! HhheEhhh’ESsssTChiew! HhEh’SssTChiiuh-HAssTchiew-TTchiew-HhhSTishew

He sniffles pitifully as the final few weak sneezes trail off, pressing his body closer to me nuzzling his face into my chest. "I’ll make it so good for you I promise, please." He mumbles.

That's all it takes, one quiet plea, whispered against me and I'm utterly and wholly incapable of denying him.

"You're going to tell me the moment it's too much. I mean it Nix, don't try to push through or ignore the signs your body is giving you." I say firmly to ensure he understands how serious I am.

His lips curve into the sweetest smile, his eyes alight with eagerness as he nods. "I will, I swear it."

He leans into me pressing a deep sensual kiss against my lips and my mind short circuits, all of the guilt, and shame, and embarrassment, and conflict is gone, evaporating by the compelling power of his lips against mine.

I slip my hand under his shirt letting my hands roam over his abdomen. I roll us so I'm lying on top of him and his arms come to circle around my neck pulling me flush against him, deepening our connection. 

"Feel like I might sneeze soon" he mumbles against my lips. At his words my hips reflexively grind down into him. "Do you want me to sneeze on you or would you prefer I cover since I'm sick?"

My fierce blush is answer enough.

He strokes my cheeks, gently encouraging. "I don't mind if that's what you want, I'll do anything you'd like me to, just tell me."

"I—I'd like it if you'd sneeze on me" I murmur.

He smiles warmly pressing a quick kiss to my lips taking off my shirt. "You got it, baby."

He leans in to capture my lips in his, and we stay like that, trading heated kisses until his lips go lax against me as his labored breathing comes in sharp rhythmic inhales. Nix breaks the kiss, his head falling back, and his eyes fluttering shut with one last final hitching breath.

HhEEHH’ESSSssSSSST'CCChiu!

HHEh…Hhhuuhh…Hh’HhAh’H-HE'sss'S'SS'sSS'sSsST'CCHiI'UWWW!

"Bless you" I whisper my fingers slipping underneath his shirt trailing up his sides. Sliding it over his head.

HhheHH...Hhh'HhEh'EsSSSssTCChew

I love the feeling of his sneezes on me, the tickle of the hot air intermingled with the light spray against my skin. I let my hands continue to explore his body, his breath is picking up a bit and I can feel the way his body is starting to tense.

HE'h'H...Heh..Hhah..Hh'Hh'HE''SSSSsTChhHuU!! Hh'H’HH’HheH’Hhhuh’HuUH-HE'sSSSSST'ChiIiu!!

Hheh'MmmpTChiew-Mmptishew-HhhMm’TiiiSChu-MmmppTisTchu

HhEH'hheH'HiiiH'EeSSsssTCHIew... HeeHH'TTSsCHEe'W! HHE'ssssSsS'ssssSTchiiiu!!

His body is writhing and convulsing from the force of his sneezes. His eyes are squeezed shut his nose wrinkled, and his nostrils flaring with every vicious sneeze.

HHeh…Hhaah’Hh’HhEh…HhheH’HE'E'sssSsSSS'Stt'tttChhiUWWW!!

Hhh-Hhuuh..Hhe..EeH...HH'HH'HE'H'H'HHaah'HE'HE'HH'Hehhh'EEssSSSTTChIUW!

"Oh fucking hell, bless you." I groan, his sneezes are absolutely sinful, his body is practically vibrating, his breath is coming out in sharp gusty pants, the sound of his sneezes are a symphony to my ears, a staccato melody that reverberates in my bones, commanding me to get lost in the magnificent composition and I’m prepared to give him his second standing ovation of the day.

Nix blinks blearily at me a lazy grin on his face, and he looks positively wrecked, his hair is mussed, his eyes have a hazy glossy look, his cheeks flushed, his nose and lips are swollen and slightly red, his nostrils are flared, he's absolutely breathtaking. Someone get me a defib because my heart just arrested. 

"Mmm, Nix you’re so fucking hot” I lean down kissing him fiercely and forget the defibrillator I just need the high voltage of his lips to have my heart beating out of my chest. Our tongues sliding against each other, my fingers tangling in his hair. 

"You're one to talk" he whispers his lips brushing against mine, "you look like an absolute dream right now" he continues, his fingers tracing along the shell of my ear and then down my neck. "I love what this does to you, I love seeing you see unbridled and turned on, I’ve never met anyone who has responded to my sneezing the way you do. It's so sexy."

"I love what your nose does to you, I’ve never met anyone who was as sneeze afflicted as you. It's so sexy." I respond. 

"It's a talent" he chuckles, his fingers tracing the lines of my pectoral muscles trailing down my stomach his gaze on my torso.

"And a gift. Nix, you were made for me." I reply somehow not caring how revealing that is. Somehow not caring that I’m spilling my truth all over him.

His tongue rolls across his bottom lip. "I’m all yours" he whispers, his gaze lifting to meet mine. My heart stutters with longing and hope. Does he mean indefinitely or just in this moment? I'm terrified of the answer, because I don't know what I would do if it's the latter. I'm like Genesis, I'm in too deep and I'm playing for keeps.

I can't bring myself to ask because I think I know the answer and I desperately want to cling to this illusion. So I dip my head bringing my lips to his. Soft and inquisitive at first like I'm asking him to tell me what he means, but then I can't take it anymore and it grows desperate and urgent, taking his mouth like it's the last breathe I'll ever breath.

He responds with an enthusiastic moan, his hands coming to settle around my hips, his fingers finding their way under the seam of my sweats. Being so close I can feel how his body tenses in preparation for a sneeze, the changes in his breathing before it's audible, the feel of his chest rising and falling, expanding and relaxing.

"Ethan" he breathes out his tone low and raspy, and it's a siren's call beckoning me to dive deeper into him.

I answer by nipping at his bottom lip tugging it between my teeth, and then soothing the spot with my tongue. He moans and I swallow the noise. His body jerks and trembles, his hands tighten around me, his mouth becoming uncoordinated and sloppy, and then his breath is rushing against me, the air warm sending tingles of lust all the way down to my toes. It’s a sure sign he’s about to sneeze.

"Gonna snnn-sneeze" he warns though we both know what's happening but I love the announcement. I've mentioned that he's a sneeze fetishists dream right? Because sweet Lord he knows all the buttons to push. He's learned that there's more to it than just the action of sneezing but so many other things as well. 

"Please." I beg.

His draws me close nuzzling into the crook of my neck.

HHEhh...Hhhhuuhh...HhhEh'MmmmmmTTtTTSsSss'CChhiiuu

I can feel the dampness of his release against my skin. I groan low and deep, the sensation sending pleasure rippling through me.

HEh'Hheh'hh'E'EsSSSSsTchiuwww!

HH'HeH...HE'HH'HH'HE'H'HE'HH'HEH'HE'HHHE'SssSSSsssSSt'CHhiuuW!!

HhEh'HH'HE'H'HE'Hehh'hh-HE'EsSsSSSS'StttChiiuCHHH'iEeeW!

My hips acting on their own accord give a little roll. He arches up to meet me, both of us moaning our sounds intermingling becoming one, he twists a little so he's gazing up at me with the most beautiful desire laden expression I've ever seen. I caress the side of his face before returning my lips to their rightful place, against his. He returns the kiss eagerly opening his mouth to me before I even asked for entry. Our tongues entangle in languid slow glides against each other every last one of my nerve endings is buzzing with pleasure.

After several heated moments he wrenches away panting against my lips trying to catch his breath. I reach for a tissue bringing it up to his nose. "Let's see if we can get you breathing easier, since I really want to keep your mouth preoccupied." I say with a teasing smile.

Nix chuckles giving a hearty blow. He tilts his head back letting me wipe his nose. He sniffs a bit more after the initial swipe. As I'm reaching for a new tissue he suddenly clasps his hands over his face.

HhhEhh'MmmmPttSTChew-HAaHmmtSTch-HEMptchiu-MmmpTSch-HhiTSsTchew-HhTTsTChu

His body is convulsing under me, oh my god, those rapid fire sneezes that come out a little muffled and stifled are doing me in. Knee-buckling excitement is coursing through me. Euphoria rushing to my head, my veins flowing with lust.

I wish his hands weren't obstructing his face so I could see all of him but it's still nonetheless a marvel to witness, his brow is furrowed his eyes squinted shut. With how fast the sneezes barrel out of him his face isn't able to relax in between each sneeze it remains stuck with that sneezy countenance that I adore, especially on him.

I curl my hand around his wrist giving it a little pull indicating what I want. "Want to see you."

His eyes peel open as he fights against the next sneeze shaking his head "Will be ttoo HeEH mmmesssy."

"Please." I plead with a whine uncaring that I'm begging. I'll grovel if I have to. "Please Nix I need-I need to see you, need to watch you."

With a nod he drops his arms away from his face gripping the bed sheet. I'm greeted by the most glorious sight. His face is a vision of sneezy rapture, his brows are furrowed, his eyes fluttering shut, his cheeks are flushed, his nostrils are damp with clear fluid, his mouth is parted and his tongue is poking out slightly. Knowing he's self-conscious about creating too big of a mess I wipe on the underside of his nose with the tissue.

"TthHank yyou" he gasps

Hhh'TssTChu-'Tschiew-MMPtschu-Heh'Tsch-HETch-Heh'HemtCHiuw!!

His sneezes are definitely wetter than usual but not unpleasantly or even grossly so, just a light misting spray that accompanies each release.

It takes me a moment to realize that I'm the one who's trembling and it isn't an echo of Nix's movements through me. I place my palm on his chest to steady myself my thighs locking Nix in a vice grip as they quiver around him. A sound I didn't even know I was capable of making falls from my lips mixing with Nix's delicious sneezes.

The fit finally ends with a strong and very wet sounding

HhhEEH'ESsSSSss'TCCCHiiieew!!

My bones have turned to melted marshmallows, unable to hold myself up anymore I collapse into him.

"God damn, fucking bless you Nix." I breathe out.

He blushes slightly but looks pleased, his arms coming to wrap around my back.

"You alright baby" His voice sounds thick and rough like the words have to fight to escape the congestion in his throat.

"I should be asking you that." I answer breathlessly.

"I think that may have affected you more than me." He replies biting back a smile.

"I can't really contest that. Jesus Nix that was so hot, I-I don't I can't even put it into words but Jesus when the sneezes hit you back to back in such quick succession like that—“ a shiver passes through me just thinking about it "—it drives me wild."

Nix chuckles. "I can tell, Ethan." He says swiveling his hips. Friction and heat bursts into flames. His name tumbles out of my mouth like a prayer.

"What do you want baby?" He whispers against my ear, his tongue tracing along the skin on the underside of my lobe.

"Please, Nix." I can't bring myself to elaborate or be more specific, the only word that is ringing in my ears, the only thing I'm capable of saying is please.

"I got you baby." He promises. "Do you need me to sneeze again?" He pauses for several heartbeats then gives me a sly grin "Or maybe you need a different kind of release?"

I can only manage a whimpered moan.

"Or maybe you need both hmmm?" He says knowingly his eyes warm and sparkling.

"Please." I repeat still incapable of saying more.

"I got you baby." He says again "Going to give you what you need."

And he does, matching some deep fantasy that I've never let myself have. He fills me in ways that I didn't realize were possible. He gives me so much pleasure that the sensation will live in my bones forever, imprinted on muscles for eternity, his kisses seared into my skin, remnants of him etched into my soul, and stamped on my heart, burning hot through my veins.

Long after his recovery breathes have turned to soft little snores I lay there next to him, unmoving, completely flayed open. I am stripped of any lies that I was telling myself that this didn't mean anything, that what we were doing didn't have any hold on me, that when it was all said and done that I wouldn't want more, that I could walk away after all this and go back to what we were. Because the truth is, the truth is I have fallen utterly, completely, and wholeheartedly in love with Nix and I won't leave this unscathed, because that's the thing about falling, falling doesn't hurt, no, falling is freeing, exciting, exhilarating, a heady rush that makes you feel invincible, suspended in weightlessness, falling isn't what devastates, falling isn’t what leaves you wrecked, bruised, and broken, the landing does.

~TBC~

Edited by Not Telling
Added a sentence
  • Not Telling changed the title to The Advertisement (Chapters 3/?)

Omg aww! I love how reassuring they both are to each other 😭. I feel so sorry for Nix as it seems like he can never catch a break but I'm VERY excited for Ethan to (hopefully (please)) catch this cold and show his side of sneezing, especially the stifles and Nix's reaction to those 😉🙏. I also loved seeing Ethan's more vulnerable side at the start but maybe that's just the caretaking side of the fetish hoping he'll cry/ get comforted soon (I hope people relate and I'm not weird) 😭💀. Thank you for such incredible long chapters once again!! I hope to read more soon ❤️

2 hours ago, dwaekki said:

Omg aww! I love how reassuring they both are to each other 😭. I feel so sorry for Nix as it seems like he can never catch a break but I'm VERY excited for Ethan to (hopefully (please)) catch this cold and show his side of sneezing, especially the stifles and Nix's reaction to those 😉🙏. I also loved seeing Ethan's more vulnerable side at the start but maybe that's just the caretaking side of the fetish hoping he'll cry/ get comforted soon (I hope people relate and I'm not weird) 😭💀. Thank you for such incredible long chapters once again!! I hope to read more soon ❤️

I second this! I also can’t wait to see how Ethan sneezes differ from Phoenix and how insistent he is on the stifling (I imagine quite insistent). Thank you so much for writing!!!! 

Omg… they are adorable together…

*melts of happiness*

☺️ I can’t waittttt!!!!!!!!! I am like… super excited to see Ethan get sick (hopefully)!

*squeals for the 100,000,000 time*

You write so beautifully! 

Anyways, I have to go reform, after melting. 

(Btw thank you soooo much for the next chapter so soon!)

I will wait as long as you need for the next one! 

YAY!!!  Happy Thanksgiving to ME!  And Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American forum members!  This is the perfect time for me to give my thanks for this amazing story, and the new addition, is making me 10,000 different kinds of happy!  I love that you don't leave them in a state of confusion and miscommunication for very long.  They are both intelligent, self-aware, and emotionally available men, that are quick to pick up on signs and clearly are adept at reading each other, very well.  So glad Nix made it through his speech with no embarrassing self-destruction...I always feel so bad in those situations, even though I enjoy it too...eek. 

Again, this is so wholesome. One of my all time favourites, even though it's new-ish. Nix and Ethan are perfect for eachother and play pretend boyfriends is so hard to "watch", when there's so much amazing chemistry and "love" and care. I'm happy to see some cold/sickness sneezes from Nix. Ethan really does take good care of him and Nix is just a wonderful human, providing Ethan with pleasure, while fighting this sickness. It's more than I could've imagined. I do prefer allergies and allergy sneezes but Nix's cold sneezes are AMAZING! Really! So hot and sexy and just bloody gorgeous! Can't wait for the next chapter. I'm very hyped. 

I would also love to see some kind of combined sneezing, like maybe he's still fighting this cold but then gets triggered by an allergen in addition. Maybe a dog or cat. I'm allergic to both, so, yeah, that would be amazing. Just a thought. Much love. 

Edited by AntheaHolmes

Happy Thanksgiving to us! I enjoyed three helpings of “The Advertisement”. The way they care so much for each other is sweeter than pumpkin pie, their passion saucy as gravy.  Ethan’s care taking of Phoenix is as tender as the perfectly cooked turkey. I’ll end it here before this post is cheesier than the best cheese ball:) 

dear lord I knew there was a reason I keep coming back to this. Phoenix’s embarrassment over his sneezing mixed with the way he melts against Ethan every time is just…. kinda perfect? The tenderness they have for each other? I’ll have you know, I have melted, my atoms have gotten excited enough to rejoin, and then I’ve melted again. I thank you humbly the proceed to bow down low and grovel for part 4 (whenever you have the time/energy/inspiration and all that ofc)