• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• allergyboy2001

• Kleeny

• Bleh

• Lynne

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the "Notting Hill" movie, towards the beginning, Hugh Grant spills orange juice all over Julia Roberts' blouse. He pulls a handkerchief from his back right pocket and offers to help wipe it off, in a well-intentioned way, but of course she doesn't want this relative stranger touching her.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the last episode of 'A Very British Coup', there is a scene in which a woman played by Kika Markham, an old friend and flame of Harry Perkins, the PM, is visited by Tim McInnerny, who works for the intelligence services. During the early part of their conversation, in her sitting room, she sounds a bit blocked and unfolds a tissue, puts it to her nose and gives several quick blows then. She's very attractive, so it is a particularly nice scene.

• 1 month later...

http://f11.ifotki.info/org/fade6a11b0aba33d8f76113cfc2ff633bc5f6c133400490.jpg

I hope this link will work. The Romanovs, pre-Revolutionary Russia, blowing their noses - apparently a joke about how people love publicity photos of royalty doing just about anything!

Left to right: Emperor Nicholas II, Ernst Ludwig, Alix, Dhaki, Grand Duke Boris Vladimirovich, Grand Duke Andrei Vladimirovich, Prince Nikolai of Greece, Grand Duke Kirill Vladimirovich.

If anyone finds a higher quality version, that would be great.

• 9 months later...

start at 2:27 . Tyler breaks out into a cough and the interviewer rubs his back. So cute! 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't want to do a direct link to someone's personal Twitter account, and I haven't found the video anywhere else. But if you search on Twitter for "Fatty" and "blow his nose", there is a clip of Australian sports commentator Fatty Vautin caught blowing his nose on live TV, into a maroon handkerchief.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.zr.ru/content/articles/317680-shtrafy_vdol_i_poperek/

If you scroll down the page, there is an image of a Russian man blowing his nose into his handkerchief, while driving. Part of a story on traffic fines - referring to the famous case of Englishman Michael Mancini who received a ticket for blowing his nose because the policeman thought he was "out of control".

Found through a Yandex.com (Russian search engine) search using the term " высморкаться ".

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this would be of interest to anyone or if this is the right place for it (this isn't related to sneezing), but in the animated feature Smallfoot, Percy the nature documentarian/explorer/TV personality starts [SPOILER ALERT]

Spoiler

suffering from altitude sickness about halfway through the movie, much to the concern of his confused but worried yeti friends. Because Percy is so much smaller than them, Migo eventually cradles him in one arm to carry him when he's sick and it's so CUTE???

It's not a huge plot-point, but there's a little element of hurt/comfort that I found really adorable. It was heightened by the fact that there was a language barrier; Meechee and Migo didn't entirely understand what was going on, but could still determine it wasn't great. Very pleasant surprise in an already very fun, musically-catchy movie! :heart:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/1/2017 at 2:30 AM, CheekyGuy said:

In the last episode of 'A Very British Coup', there is a scene in which a woman played by Kika Markham, an old friend and flame of Harry Perkins, the PM, is visited by Tim McInnerny, who works for the intelligence services. During the early part of their conversation, in her sitting room, she sounds a bit blocked and unfolds a tissue, puts it to her nose and gives several quick blows then. She's very attractive, so it is a particularly nice scene.

I found this online - around 27'30" in Episode 3 here: https://www.thedossier.info/video/a-very-british-coup.htm  

• 5 months later...

Midsomer Murders, Season 14, episode 8, “A Rare Bird”: a character played by actor James Dreyfus says he has caught a cold from birdwatching, and sneezes several times, using a handkerchief. About 20 minutes into the episode. I can’t find a link so am posting it here instead of the YouTube thread.

• 3 weeks later...

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Blaha_Lujza_tér,_Corvin_Áruház._Fortepan_89877.jpg

Mid-age, powerfully built Hungarian man blows his nose while standing on a street in Budapest (1969). 

Part of a collection of “found photos” called the Fortepan website (and its sister site, Fortepan Iowa). Hungarians annually put unwanted items on the street curb, and hunters of vintage items look through it before it is hauled to the dump. Many old photos have been rescued, but many of them are still unlabeled, I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Hugh Grant (!!!) blows his nose in the beautiful series 'A very English Scandal'. It happens in the second episode and he uses a handkerchief... 

7 hours ago, cjblo said:

Hugh Grant (!!!) blows his nose in the beautiful series 'A very English Scandal'. It happens in the second episode and he uses a handkerchief... 

Nice find. Do you know the approximate location in the episode?

5 hours ago, allergyboy2001 said:

Nice find. Do you know the approximate location in the episode?

Yes I do, although it is really a worthwhile series. It is between 10 and 11 minutes.

On 8/26/2019 at 3:43 PM, allergyboy2001 said:

Thanks! There was an article a while back where Hugh Grant said James Casn taught him to blow his nose without a handkerchief, so it’s possible he uses one often.

https://ew.com/article/1999/06/30/hugh-grant-prepares-his-next-role/

Yes, Hugh Grant does use handkerchiefs, a lot!  He was on the BBC's Desert Island Discs in 1995 where he asked for handkechiefs as his luxury items, and he talks about having a noseblowing issue every morning and wouldn't want to be with handkerchiefs. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0093pp9

Hi Kleeny, your link is only accessible in the UK but there are several other sites where you can find this interview. His desperate need for a handkerchief comes towards te end...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

John  Paul Jones from the reality show Bachelor in Paradise (2019), blowing his nose.  It doesn't sound like ADR to me, so I think it means he really honks when he blows his nose!

The intro shows him blowing his nose without a tissue into the sand, and 18:00-18:20 shows him blowing his nose like a trumpet into an orange cloth.

https://steamplay.me/rye1s4tutgzj

bl0w.jpg

• 7 months later...

Ed Roland, singer of Collective Soul, lost his voice during this show, and had to cancel it after a few songs, due to a cold. A fan jumped on stage and sang "December" for him. 7:05 is congested voice.

Still not over the cold a couple weeks later, when he and his guitarist did a live streamed acoustic set and interview for Paste Magazine:

Ed is congested and sniffling, and there is coughing from him in-between songs, but, some highlights:

5:19-5:53 - Mentions said cold, coughing

11:45 - Coughs, frustrated by it

22:10-22:22 - Complains of stuffed-up ears and head, he can't hear if his guitar is in-tune, so, his guitarist tunes it for him

28:59 - Wet cough

29:51 - Warns his guitarist to help him if his voice gives out