Sneeze Fetish Forum

Falling Hard and Fast (M) - (14 Parts) - complete!

meepsy

'Lo everyone. Here is (another) story which I intend to continue based on interest. Unfortunately (because I am a whore for character development and setting up complex situations) there is no sneezing in this segment. But (if I've done my job correctly) that will only increase anticipation for the sneezy goodness soon to come right? : :D

Ahem: Well, anyway. Here you are. Be back soon wid da goodz! (ok that's enough...)

Part 1

It’s none of your business. Sonja thought to herself as she watched the baggage-laden sedan crunched into her duplex-mate’s snow-dusted driveway.

It’s not like you can do anything; you barely know Karina. So what if her brother’s moving in to watch the kids for a week while she flies out to her ex to ‘make amends’, it’s not going to change anything, it in no way affects you, so whyyy are you staring?

Well, there was one obvious reason to stare: the man that stepped out of that car was, in essence, perfect.

Shaggy chestnut hair peeking out from beneath a ski cap…pale olive skin…body which, despite being covered by a thick jacket and sweatshirt, hinted at lean, sculptured gorgeousness underneath.

The beautiful man walked up to Karina’s door and Sonja had to pull the blinds down in case he looked over to her window. Making a slit with her fingers and peering through, Sonja watched Karina greet him at the door, carrying her two-year-old, Sammy, in a blanket. The brother kissed both his sister and the child on the cheek, and then Karina’s eight year-old, Molly, came zooming out the door and wrapped her arms around the man’s waist. The man looked startled at first, but laughed and rubbed the little girl’s head affectionately.

Cute. Sonja thought, and then: What am I doing??

She pulled away from the window. God, she was the creepiest of creepers. Really, she should just go over there and offer to help unpack the car. But Sonja couldn’t help feeling she would just make everything awkward. She was no good at the whole social interaction thing, and the longest conversation she and Karina had ever had happened three days ago when she told Sonja that her brother was moving in.

Still, Sonja thought she knew Karina pretty well; after being neighbors so long, how couldn’t she? Those casual day-to-day interactions could say a lot about a person. And then Sonja shuddered as a new thought struck her -- what could Karina possibly have said to her demigod of a brother about her??

Homebody. Doesn’t get out much. Inhibited, incoherent, painfully shy… All very feasible descriptions.

All very accurate.

Sonja released a heavier-than-anticipated sigh.

“He’s only here for a week anyway, right?” she muttered to herself. “I mean, what exactly are you expecting to happen? Repeat after me, honeycakes: he’s. out. of. your. league.

With that, Sonja curled herself into a ball and tried to banish all further thought of the matter: it was stinging in a way she couldn’t completely rationalize.

---

Later that night, Sonja sat on her bed, sketching in her notebook, feeling the chilly February air through the closed window.

She was in trouble. Deep trouble, because as much as the new man’s looks had made Sonja’s heart race; his voice (oh, she had heard it: you could hear everything through these cheap walls) had made it melt. A warm, slightly husky baritone, with the slightest lilting of an accent Sonja couldn’t place.

It was too much, and so Sonja had come upstairs, away from the bustle, (and that dangerously insidious voice), to draw.

To hide, really, she thought. Might as well be honest here.

In the end though, the kids had made it impossible for Sonja to block out any of the happenings next door. If one thing was certain, it was that Karina’s brother had not had easy first night as chief babysitter:

Immediately after Karina had said her final goodbyes and drove off to the airport, Molly had thrown a wild tantrum, screaming that she missed her mommy, making Sammy cry too -- and he was apparently a lot harder to get calmed down; by Sonja’s watch, the toddler cried almost nonstop for over an hour.

Eventually, somehow, Karina’s brother had been able to get them settled enough (Sonja assumed) to sleep, and things had been quiet since. A rough night for sure, poor guy…

It was nearly midnight now, and for over three hours Sonja hadn’t heard anything next door indicating the man's continued presence.

Not much of a partier, she joked in her head. She wondered perhaps if he had fallen asleep downstairs on the couch.

All of a sudden, like an answer to her internal ponderings, Sonja detected the squeaks of the staircase next door, the muffled sounds of footsteps coming closer and closer, and a creaking door --

The mirror-image layout of the duplex meant that the master bedrooms of the two apartments were placed adjacent to one another, with a shared wall where Sonja’s headboard was. From the sound of it, Karina’s brother had just entered that very bedroom next door, probably preparing to go to sleep.

Sonja froze, trying not to listen to his movements, wanting to respect his privacy, wishing she could turn on some music or something --but she didn’t want to move, didn’t want him to hear her being all creepy and alone in her room.

She did a silent, self-hating facepalm. This was so stupid! She was overanalyzing, as usual. It was her bedroom for Pete’s sake, why shouldn’t she be able to move around in it? She was human, she made noise just like everyone else, and if he thought she was weird, well he could just-

grrrrrrrrkk

Sonja was snapped out of fret-mode by a strange sound in room next door. Grinding. Some large object being pushed across the wood floor. It sounded like Karina’s brother was rearranging the bedroom -- for what purpose, Sonja couldn’t possibly guess.

THUDD!

The thing slammed right against the shared wall where Sonja’s bed was, nearly causing her to jump out of her skin. She sat wide-eyed, wondering what in the hell was going on. Then, from next door, she heard an exhausted groan/sigh, the sound of blankets being pulled back, the squeaks of a mattress under the weight of a body, and finally, one more, softer groan.

Close.

Very, very close.

So close Sonja was afraid to breathe.

That awful (beautiful) man had moved Karina’s bed right up against the same wall as hers. Why??

The window. It must be the window. Maybe he got hot at night? And that thought alone was enough to send shivers racing up and down Sonja’s spine. She found she needed to catch her breath, and hated herself for it. She didn’t even know this guy, and here she was

…falling…

No. No. That was not going to happen. That was crazy. No.

Sonja collected herself, but stayed frozen, waiting for the small, shifting (mesmerizing) bed noises coming from just behind that wall to stop. Not until she was sure he had fallen asleep; then Sonja would breathe.

Tags fixed ~ obsessed

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... I think it's all been said. :rolleyes:

Intriguing start! Can't wait to read what happens next. :D

HO-LY green guacamole batman. :D This is SUCH an amazing beginning!! I can't wait to read more!

ooomigosh, thank you all sooo much for the support! love!love!love!love! :yes:

I am back with another update! Still, no sneezes yet :runs and hides: but I've mapped the story out and i can assure you that there is a boatload of yumminess just waiting in the wings!

Side note: I've probably gone way overboard with the physical description here, but I felt it was kind of necessary coming from Sonja's POV.

Anyway, enjoy! (be back ASAP)

Part 2

Slumped at the counter, waiting for her tea to boil, Sonja yawned and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

It had been the night from hell.

Five times last night Sammy had woken up crying -- and for such a normally quiet kid, that was quite an anomaly.

He sure does miss his mommy, Sonja mused groggily.

She was usually able to sleep through that sort of thing, but it wasn't the toddler’s cries that had continuously wrenched Sonja from her sleep – it was those sounds.

Those drowsy, succulent sounds that emanated from next door as Karina’s brother woke and got up to tend to the little boy. Even the slightest of stirrings had caused Sonja to jerk spastically awake; it was like her brain had been hardwired to pick up every sleep-ridden sigh, every impalpable shift…the wall between only seemed to act as an amplifier to her imagination, and so each time, as soon as Sonja came to full consciousness, her mind began tortuously to try and picture the all the ways those sounds could have possibly been created by the man whose gorgeous sleeping head lay not a foot away from her own.

Agonizing, to say the least.

Sonja heaved a sigh, realizing that at some point today she was going to have to leave the house. She did have job after all. But after last night, Sonja thought she’d rather have brain surgery than go out and risk a chance encounter Karina’s brother -- she wasn’t sure she could handle having to both look at and listen to him at the same time, let alone interact with him.

drring! drring!

Sonja jumped as the doorbell sounded. What? Who could be here this early? Was she expecting a package? She had been so absorbed in her own thoughts that she didn’t even hear a car drive up.

Thoroughly befuddled, Sonja walked to the door and peered through the peephole.

ohhh…sweet freakin’ Jesus…

It was him. Wearing that same gray ski cap, toting a bundled Sammy in his arms: Karina’s brother. In all his perfect, up-close-and-personal glory.

The exquisiteness of his zoomed in facial features hit Sonja like a tidal wave: high, sculpted cheekbones… prominent, Mediterranean-looking nose with just a slight downward slope at the tip…eyes a startling (and heart-rendering) ice blue…full masculine brows, which were currently furrowed with impatience as he waited for her to answer the door…

Wait -- maybe that wasn’t the reason they were furrowed.

Sonja watched awe-struck as a look of irritated anticipation entered the man’s face: his eyes fluttered shut, his head tipped back, and for one, earth-shattering moment Sonja was sure she was going to watch him sneeze…

But then, his face cleared and he was back to his normal, gorgeous self.

It took all of Sonja’s will to stay put and breathe regularly; her heart was practically in her throat! Summoning all of her strength, Sonja pulled open the door, hoping she wasn’t blushing as hard as she thought she was.

“Um…hi…” she managed to stammer out.

“Hello,” the man returned. “You must be Sonja, right?” There was a beat of silence as they took each other in: Sonja was suddenly painfully aware of her messy pigtails, baggy sweatpants and Wonder Woman tee-shirt.

“Yup...that’s me” she sighed grudgingly. Unfortunately, the strange choice in attire did not fail to catch the man’s attention; Sonja caught on his face a small smile which just fell short of condescending.

“Well, Sonja,” he began (in that luscious voice). “I’m sure Karina’s already told you about me, but I thought I’d come over and introduce myself anyway, since we’re going to be short-term neighbors. I’m Kasper.” He shifted Sammy over, and held out his hand.

Fighting to keep herself together, Sonja shook it, agonizing internally over her own sweaty palm.

Casper? she thought. Like, the ghost? She must’ve been wearing that thought on her face, because the man added, with a small note of annoyance:

“It’s spelled with a K. Just call me Kas, okay?” He shifted the toddler in his arms again, and looked past Sonja into the house, frowning.

“Oh…um…sure,” Sonja replied stupidly. She suddenly became aware of a high-pitched squealing coming from her kitchen.

The tea kettle!

“Oh, dammit! I- um, just a minute,” she turned toward the kitchen, then wheeled about clumsily.

“Uh, do you… want to come in?”

Katrina’s brother, -Kasper, -Kas looked around once more, sniffed, and stifled a small yawn in his fist.

“No thanks,” he said frostily. “I’m not too keen on tea.” And with that he grabbed the doorknob, and before Sonja could gather her thoughts, he uttered a clipped “see you around” and was out the door.

<3<3

Okay, now you've got me hooked with the description. He sounds completely sexxxxxy! :yes:

Please continue!!! You're writing transcends the word lovely!!! :D

wow! so much love, and we haven't even gotten to the sneezes! Thank you all so much, your lovely feedback never fails to put a smile on my face :D

Here's the next installment, where things finally start cookin' :)

(PS: for those who may be wondering, Sonja = SOANyah...kthxbye)

Part 3

Snubbed. That was the word for it, if any. Summed up, and rejected.

The diner was packed as usual, but Sonja couldn’t seem to snap out of the funk she’d been in all morning and crack down on serving tables. She was losing tips, and on her budget, that was bad news bears.

Okay, so he’s a jerk. Is it really that surprising? I mean, look at him! He can afford to be as jerky as he pleases. Better to find out sooner than later, now you can move on and obsess over some other unattainable man… but it was impossible. Kasper was all her stupid mind seemed able to think about, and when Frank asked her to stay overtime, Sonja welcomed the opportunity to put off the possibility of running into that insufferable man again for as long as possible.

---

It was well after dark before Sonja could bring herself to go back home. She walked up the front steps as quickly as possible, fearing that at any moment Karina’s brother could pop out of nowhere and afford her yet another chance to make an ass out of herself. She made it to the door, but just as she was turning her key, Sonja detected something strange in the air – the smell of smoke.

BREEEEP!! BREEEEP!! BREEEEP!! BREEEEP!!

Suddenly, the fire alarms went blaring off in both apartments -- Sonja heard an onslaught of yelling coming from next door:

“Goddamn it!”

“FIRE SAFETY! FIRE SAFETY!”

“Molly, get back here! I’ve got it under control!”

Then, Sonja heard the thudding sounds of running, and not a second later Molly came flying out the front door and into snow banks, dressed in nothing but pj’s and Dora the Explorer slippers.

Sonja’s maternal instinct kicked in, and she rushed over to lift the little girl out of the snow, (it was below zero, for god sakes!) but then Kasper was out there too in jeans and a thin button-down shirt, carrying Sammy, who he had wrapped hastily with his own jacket.

“Molly, get back inside!” Kasper yelled; a panicky edge in his voice. “There’s no fire, okay? I burnt the chicken fingers and the smoke set the alarm off. Now, come on!”

“Mommy never burns the chicken fingers!” Molly yelled back defiantly.

“Well Mommy’s not here right now!” Kasper childishly snapped. He froze, shivering, and turned toward Sonja, as if just catching wind of her presence. His eyes narrowed, and the angry frown on his face intensified.

“What?!” he asked defensively, as if Sonja had been passing secret judgments on him in her head.

“N-nothing,” Sonja shakily replied, completely at a loss for words.

Kasper crossed over to Molly, who was now sobbing. “Everything’s fine.” he said gruffly, and took the little girl’s hand as if to prove it. He looked tired and frustrated beyond comparison: Sonja felt his angry glare bore into her and suddenly felt like crying herself.

“Look,um…” she mumbled. “…Is there, you know, anything I can help out with? I can make the kids a dinner-"

“I said everything’s fi…ihh…iihhh…”

That face from this morning was back again. Sonja watched as Kasper released Molly’s hand and brought his own to his face in preparation, head pulled away from the baby as much as possible… gasping…struggling…

“…fine.” With one final, shuddery breath the sneeze disappeared from Kasper’s face. He had won, again.

Sonja felt like she had been lit on fire. She was trembling, and she wanted desperately to slap herself, get rid of this intense feeling which she did not understand at all. But, (apart from whatever else she was feeling) Sonja also felt herself getting pretty steamed. After all, she had offered him help, and he completely shot her down. I mean, how rude could you possibly get?

“Alright,” Sonja conceded, only because she wanted him to bring the children back inside as soon as possible.

Kasper continued to glower. “Goodnight then,” he said at last, and, putting his free arm around Molly, he ushered her back in the house, shutting the door behind him with a considerably larger amount of force than was necessary, leaving Sonja victim to her own emotional hurricane.

---

It was nearly two in the morning when Sonja, laying awake in dread, finally heard Kasper climbing the stairs toward Karina’s bedroom. She listened to his agitated shuffles as he made his sleep preparations; starting all over with all those noises Sonja loved and loathed. He had just pulled back the sheets when suddenly, all the noises stopped.

All but one.

hehh…hehhhh...

...HehhhkT’CHUuu!!

The sneeze sounded like an eruption: the man’s breath sucked desperately in, and then expelled climatically in an explosive, debilitating release. For a moment, Sonja felt certain the walls were going to tumble and crash down around them both.

A strange thought flashed across her mind: He lost

Heart beating erratically, Sonja continued to listen to the aftermath sounds: a low sigh and a single, wet sniffle. At last, the springs groaned as he finally climbed into bed, those maddening little shifts and exhales from last night resumed once more. Kasper had apparently regained his stride.

But that pervasive thought stuck like a fishhook: He lost. For that one, cataclysmic moment, he had lost it all.

Sonja knew it.

And, she realized, she wanted him to know that she knew it.

Before she could stop herself, Sonja called out two words, just loud enough to be heard on the other side of that wall -- two words which transformed all her previous exasperation into a declaration of triumph:

“bless you”

And all at once, the noises from next door stopped dead in their tracks. Sonja could feel permeating from beyond the wall a sudden, rigid silence.

The power had shifted.

It remained that way until finally, Sonja fell asleep.

<3

He lost.

The power had shifted.

Ohhhhhh. :D I cannot even TELL you how hot that was. And how much I'm looking forward to more of this!!! :rolleyes:

Um. So I had a really coherent and long response of praise for you, but my mind seems to have melted. :lol:

I wonder why. :innocent:

The fact that he's a jerk, and hopefully won't stay that way! is oddly asdl;kfasdfasd for me. :lol:

And that lost sneeze... and when he lost...

:drool:

Damn...I missed the other part

Oooh the sneezes kept disappearing and then finally they came :lol: yay!!

Love this story

Archived