Sneeze Fetish Forum

Falling Hard and Fast (M) - (14 Parts) - complete!

meepsy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um. So I had a really coherent and long response of praise for you, but my mind seems to have melted. :lol:

I wonder why. :lol:

The fact that he's a jerk, and hopefully won't stay that way! is oddly asdl;kfasdfasd for me. :lol:

And that lost sneeze... and when he lost...

:drool:

That sounds about right. :innocent:

Eeeeee! Thanks for all the comments guys! Sorry to leave you hanging, but this next part gave me a whole mess of trouble. Thankfully, I've got it all worked out and it's finally ready to post!

Enjoy, loves! Your feedback makes it all worthwhile :cry:

Part Four

Sonja couldn’t believe how well-rested she felt the next morning. She hadn’t woken up once the whole night, though she wasn’t sure whether it was because Kasper’s sleep-sounds no longer held power over her, or if it was because he simply hadn’t let himself relax to the point of making them. In truth, Sonja felt a bit guilty, but she also felt this delicious sense of control that she couldn’t remember ever feeling with any man, especially not one so ridiculously gook-looking.

Sonja sat at her little red kitchen table, pensively stirring her tea. She was not by any means looking forward to her next encounter with Karina’s brother (she was expecting a cold shoulder strong enough to make the icicles outside jealous) but, she wasn’t completely dreading it, and that was something new.

drring! drring!

The doorbell. Again. And (though she really couldn’t believe it), Sonja knew exactly who it was.

Uugh!! She was angry before she even reached the door: angry that her college sweatshirt and Hello Kitty pj pants were going to earn her that same conceited look from yesterday, angry that she was in for yet another day of torment from this wretched man. Oh, Karina. Please come home early, I don’t know how much more of this I can stand!

She swung the door open, annoyed scowl carefully placed on her face, wiped promptly away with shock as soon as Kasper came into full view.

He looked utterly exhausted. His face had lost quite of color; eyes were red-rimmed, their icy-blue replaced by a dull, almost-gray. Stubble speckled the lower half of his face, humbling his striking features a bit. His cheeks, the tip of his nose, and his nostrils were all bright pink. But most affecting was his expression: it was like a mix of exasperation, embarrassment, and repentance.

Mmhm…good morning,” he said, clearing his throat, not quite meeting her eyes. “…may I come in?”

Sonja was floored by the humility in his tone. This was the absolute last thing she had expected to happen. But all she managed to say was:

“Where are the kids?”

He rubbed his eyes tiredly. “Molly’s on the bus to school, and Sammy’s still sleeping. I have this –" he pulled from his pocket a white and blue baby monitor. “He’ll be fine.”

There was an akwardish pause, as Sonja tried frantically to make up her mind.

“What do you want?” she finally asked.

“I…” Kasper began, then released an agitated sigh. “I wanted to apologize” he said finally, staring a spot just beyond her left kneecap. “…For last night. I realize I must’ve come off a bit…terse.” He shifted uncomfortably on her doorstep, then finally, lifted his gaze upward and looked her in the eyes.

Ohhhh…Sonja felt that familiar shakiness rise up once more in her chest, the heat swell up in her face.

“No, um…it’s fine, really…” she stammered. Kasper raised his eyebrows expectantly.

“…come in.”

He gave her a small, disarmingly grateful grin, and in that moment, Sonja felt all her power slip suddenly away.

---

He sat at her little red table, hunched over it with his arms crossed beneath his chin, hair falling (adorably) into his eyes, shivering a bit from the cold weather. Sonja had opted to stand over near the counter; she was afraid of getting to close to him.

He eyed the mug of tea in her hands. “You don’t happen to have any coffee, do you?” he ventured wearily.

Sonja shook her head. “No, sorry…I have orange juice?” Kasper wrinkled his nose in disgust. He leaned his elbows on the table, propping his head in his hands.

“Ugh, what is it with women and tea?” he half-whined to the table. “It’s all my sister has too.” This whole display struck Sonja as a bit juvenile. She began to wonder if the apology from before was all just an act.

Out loud she said: “I dunno…it’s calming?”

Kasper laughed, and raised his eyebrows skeptically. “I should get Molly to drink some…” He ran his hands through his hair, and sniffed. “…Godd, I don’t kndow how Karina does it every day ” he said quietly, more to himself then her. “I mbean, it’s only been two days, and I’mb already…”

Kasper broke off, and then abruptly, he straightened up in his chair, seeming to snap out of whatever daze he was in. He sniffed mightily, clearing away the small touch of congestion that had entered his voice.

“So,” he began, as if the previous moment had never happened. “You work at that diner down the street?”

Sonja was about to ask how he knew, but then she spotted her work shirt and apron draped untidily over the other chair. She nodded, face flushed with embarrassment.

“Interesting…” Kasper said, an unexplainable glint suddenly appearing in his eye. “…I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have that sort of job…” he shot her a pointed, almost devious look.

Even though she knew she was playing right into him, Sonja couldn’t help but ask:

“What sort of job do you have?”

The glint was now accompanied by a devilish grin. “I’m a travel writer…” he said, casually enough, though Sonja could tell he had been waiting all this time to drop it in. “…Actually, I just got back from a six-month tour of Germany.” He leaned back in his chair, having deployed this new, secret weapon, and waited for its impact on Sonja’s already frazzled demeanor.

It was quite a blow: Now, not only was he beautiful, he was interesting also. Sonja, who had herself never even been out of the country, felt the bedazzled intrigue well up inside her, was positively bursting with questions, but she would not succumb. Oh no, she would not.

“Huh, that’s cool” she said, and sipped her tea.

Kasper frowned angrily, not having gotten the reaction he had expected. He started to say something else, but then stopped short. He closed his eyes and sucked in a few quick, erratically-spaced breaths. Then:

“hg’Tch!! h’GXT!!” his head snapped brutally forward, the two escapee sneezes viciously suppressed as he clamped his hand over his nose. He paused long enough for Sonja to register the look of furious desperation on his face before his head shot down once more…

“heh’GTTch!! The last one was so violently stifled that Sonja was sure Kasper’s eardrums were going to rupture. Eyes still shut tight; he sniffled wetly from behind his hand, and released a quiet, shuddering sigh. Then, he opened his eyes and shot Sonja a look of such intensity that only one meaning could have possibly been derived from it:

Don’t.

And so, out of sympathy or perhaps cowardice, she didn’t.

Still, Kasper continued to glower at her until finally (mercifully) a muffled noise coming from somewhere on his person distracted his attention.

“Sammby” he muttered, both relieved and reluctant. He pulled from his pocket the baby monitor, which broadcasted the toddler’s cries.

“I have tdo go” he said, rubbing his nose with his wrist and giving a final sniff, composing himself. When he was sure he had his nose under control, Kasper turned and flashed her one last, nail-in-the-coffin smile.

“Thanks for the visit, Sonja”

The combination of sweetness and charm those five words conjured seemed to make Sonja’s heart stop. She felt the butterflies in her stomach completely envelope her.

“Bye,” she finally managed to reply, after he was already halfway out the door. “Bless you” she whispered, but by then the door had already shut behind him.

<3

Eeeee! You're such a good writer! And this is just djshfsjkhfkjhfaskfa FANTASTIC, I love it! The descriptions, the control thing, the sneezes -- oh man oh man. I need more!

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! *smiles uncontrollably* I really appreciate it, and I hope you all continue to enjoy my story :lol:

This next installment is quite robust, and a bit light on sneezes for its length, but I'm working hard on developing the {strangish} relationship between these two, so that when the bleep hits the fan (and believe me, it will) everything will work out just the way it supposed to.

anyway, here you are, more to come sooon! :yes:

Part Five

At work, amidst pouring coffee and such, Sonja made up her mind to put this whole ‘Kasper-situation’ out of her head once and for all. It was just too confusing: after all, here was a man who was attractive beyond all reason, led an exotic life, and could pretty much get any girl he wanted. Realistically, he shouldn’t even be giving Sonja the time of day, and yet, he had gone out of his way to visit her. Was it a pride thing, as she suspected it might be? She had caught him in a state of weakness after all, as small as it might have been, but was it really so important to him that he would go out of his way in attempts to secure her admiration? Could he really be that insecure?

But, then again, he was out of his comfort zone, wasn’t he? Being cooped up at home; having to take care of two kids was quite a far cry from the lifestyle he must be used to living, and judging by his appearance this morning, it was already taking its toll on him…

And then, there was the fact that he appeared to be coming down with a cold. That slight hint of congestion from this morning had by no means escaped her attention. A part of Sonja almost wished it to be true: for some reason, she believed that his being ill would in some way make Kasper a bit more accessible; bring him down to her level so that possibly, she could begin acting like a normal person around him for once, instead of that speechless lump of stupid that she turned into whenever he was around…

By the dinner rush, Sonja realized that she had spent the whole day doing exactly what she told herself she wasn’t going to do, obsessing over him, and this realization aggravated her to no end.

And still, even after all her ridiculous analyses, Sonja would never have been able to predict what happened next:

“Look, there’s Sonja!”

From the front of the restaurant came a voice Sonja was completely unprepared to hear: Molly’s. Sonja froze, dreading the voice that would surely follow.

“Yup, there she is”

And there it was. A bit more husky than earlier perhaps, but there was no denying the source from which it came.

“Sonja, we came to visit yoooou!” came Molly’s voice again. Sonja pretended she didn’t hear; she couldn’t bear to look just yet. What was he playing at anyway, coming here, to the one and only place where she could escape?! It wasn’t fair, he knew it wasn’t fair, and he’d done it anyway. Because that was the way he played:

Dirty.

“Oh, you know Sonja?” That was Mary, the hostess. “Well, I guess I’ll have to find a table in her section for you guys, huh? Hey, Sonja!” she called, and Sonja realized that there was way out of this, that she was going to have to face the inevitable.

“Hey…Kasper,” she mumbled when she had reached the hostess stand. God, it was strange to say his name out loud.

“Hello, Sonja” he replied airily. To her slight dissatisfaction, Kasper looked much improved: he had shaved, and the weariness had all but disappeared from his eyes, (which were sparkling with that same mischievous glint from this morning). But he did still look at bit pale, and his nose had retained that telling tinge of pink.

“Um, what are you doing here?” She knew the question sounded completely rude, but Sonja was too shocked to hold it back.

“Well,” he shrugged innocently. “I didn’t want to chance trying to make dinner again, so I thought we’d check out the food here”

Oh,sure, like you couldn’t have gone to any other restaurant.

“Plus, Uncle Kas said he wanted to come see you” Molly chimed in. At these words, the corners of Kasper’s mouth tensed, and for a moment his eyes clouded over with some foreign emotion. Guilt, at what must surely realize he was doing to her? Sonja couldn’t tell. But she wasn’t going to play into his games anymore.

“Right, well…” she said, deciding to ignore Molly’s comment.

“…I guess you better come with me, then”

---

Whatever Kasper had done to make it look as if his condition had improved, it didn’t last long. He sniffled wetly as he buckled Sammy into his high chair, and by the time he sat down, looked as if he was already regretting his decision to come here.

Serves you right, Sonja thought.

“What can I get you guys for drinks?” she said, putting on her cheerful waitress face. It was actually easier to interact with him this way she was surprised to discover. She could talk to him as if he was just another customer.

“Chocolate milk!” was Molly’s immediate response.

“Umhmm,” Kasper cleared his throat. “Water for mbe, *sniff* and could you fill this with apple juice for Sammy?” he handed her a green plastic sippy cup.

“Sure thing, be right back” she smiled, taking the cup. Maybe this wasn’t going to be so bad after all…

As she was coming back with the drinks, Sonja saw something all too familiar: Kasper’s back was to her, but she could still make out that sudden stiffening, that slight tilting of the head…

“hG’TSH!” he sneezed into his tightly cupped hand just as she reached their table. “…nngh” he groaned to himself, and coughed lightly. It seemed Sonja’s suspicions had been confirmed. Whether or not he wanted to admit it, Kasper was most definitely coming down with something. And this time, Sonja refused to back down:

“Bless you,” she said, a little too sweetly. Kasper jumped a bit with surprise, apparently unaware of Sonja’s presence until now.

“Bless you, Uncle Kas!” Molly agreed. Kasper sniffed and grunted his thanks, looking absolutely furious with himself, glaring at Sonja all the while. Sonja shrugged innocently. What? She said it too.

“Here you go,” she said cheerfully. “One chocolate milk. One sippy cup full of apple juice. One water.” As soon as she had placed the cup down, Kasper reached for it and took a long sip. He was looking worse and worse by the second, Sonja realized, that same haggardness from this morning creeping back into his face… She began to feel a bit sorry for him. If he was catching a cold, Sonja was sure the last thing he wanted to do was take care of a couple of kids...

Sonja waited patiently for him to finish, and then continued with her waitress spiel:

“Is everyone ready to order?”

“Grilled cheese, please!” said Molly. Kasper hesitated, looking hard at Sammy. He’s never had to bring a toddler to restaurant before, Sonja realized.

“I can get him a small bowl of spaghetti, if you want?” Sonja offered, trying not to be too obtrusive. Kasper looked satisfied with the solution.

“That’d be great, Sonja.” he said, his voice cracking a little.

“And for you?” she asked gently. Chicken noodle soup?, she wanted to ask, but she knew that would be going too far. Still, again, he seemed to read the thought right on her face.

“Cheeseburger.” he muttered defiantly, and snapped the menu shut.

Ugh. Sonja had had about enough of his moody behavior. She hadn't said anything to him, for godsakes!

“Coming right up,” she all but huffed, and left put the order in.

---

It all sort of went downhill from there. A short while after Sonja had brought them their dinners (at which point, Kasper acted just as surly ever), Sammy began to cry loudly, and nothing Kasper did seemed to hush him. Sonja stayed near the back of the restaurant, unsure whether or not to intervene:

“You need to change him,” She heard Molly pester.

“He’s clean.” Kasper snapped back.

“You didn’t even check!” Molly argued.

“Eat your dinner, Molly!” he growled angrily.

Molly began to sob at once. “I miss Mommy,” she whispered through angry tears.

Sonja watched as Kasper struggled not to lose control, face turning red, eyes screwed up in exasperated frustration. She watched as the customers began to stare, and all at once, Sonja felt her whole heart go out to him. Swiftly, without even knowing what she was doing, she plucked the screaming baby from the highchair and pulled onto him his coat and hat.

“Here,” Sonja said. “I bet he just needs to be held a bit. Why don’t you go take a walk with him outside? I’ll wait here with Molly.” Kasper looked completely dumbfounded, but he put on his own coat and took the screaming toddler in his arms.

“Alright, er…thank you.” he said quietly, blushing as brightly as she must have been earlier, staring at her as if she had suddenly morphed into a different person. She supposed she had, sort of: just something about the situation had given her the courage to step forward and take control. It felt so strangely natural, too. Strange, and so very good.

Sonja looked on as he carried Sammy out into the chilly evening, lost in her own assortment of confusing feelings.

---

It wasn’t long before Kasper re-entered the diner; toting a half-sleeping Sammy in his arms. He looked both relieved and completely drained; Sonja watched him stop a moment to cough into his shoulder before returning to the table.

Molly had, in the meantime, bounced back to her perky self. Sonja had taught her a clapping game she used to play when she was a kid, and apparently that was the right move because Molly was now babbling to Sonja like she was her best friend. It seemed she had quite a knack for this children-thing.

Kasper looked impressed also, though he seemed unwilling to admit it. When he did finally speak, his voice was so thick with congestion, Sonja barely understood him:

“Umb, I thingk we’ll be ndeeding the checkg now.” His nose was running, and, afraid of shifting Sammy in order to wipe it, he sniffed harshly instead.

Reaching carefully into his pocket, he pulled out a credit card and held it out to her. Sonja looked down at the table: Molly had practically licked her plate clean, and even Sammy had eaten most of his meal before he started crying, but Kasper’s plate remained barely touched.

“Are you sure?” Sonja asked. “I think Sammy’s allrigh-”

“The checkg, please.” Kasper interrupted coldly. He paused, then snapped forward in a surprising sneeze.

“nngg’TCHEUhh!” He exploded hugely into the shoulder opposite the child, sniffed and coughed roughly. When he looked up at her again, Sonja could see he was feeling pretty miserable.

“Bless you...” she murmured, feeling a sudden, motherly urge to lay her hand on his forehead. But, she was only just now beginning to be able to speak to him without stuttering, there was no way she could ever let herself...

Blushing hard, she took the card, ran it through the machine, and came back with the check.

Without a word, Kasper one-handedly signed the receipt on the table and closed the book. He turned toward Molly:

“Combe on, we’re leaving” he said to Molly.

“But you said we could get dessert!” she pouted.

“You can have a popsicle when we gedt backg.”

“But-!” she began to protest, then looked at Sonja for support. Sonja gave her a look, mouthed be a big girl, and somehow, Molly seemed to understand. She put on her coat and stood next to Kasper diligently, seeking Sonja's approval.

Kasper stared at Sonja, a mix of admiration and resentment painted across his face. He looked as if he wanted to say something, then changed his mind and stalked with Sammy silently straight out the door, Molly trailing behind, waving solemnly goodbye.

---

Sonja didn’t get home until around ten, and she hoped (and suspected, considering the state he had been in) that Kasper had already gone to bed. As much of a jerk as he was, Sonja was worried about him. If he couldn’t handle his niece and nephew now, what was he going to do if his cold got worse? Especially if he couldn’t even admit that he was sick in the first place? Ugh! The man was finding new ways to torture her every goddamn day!

As quietly as possible, Sonja climbed the stairs to her bedroom. Entering the room, Sonja realized from the wet sniffles and small taps next door that Kasper was awake, and that he was typing something. Oh, that was smart; he wasn’t going to let himself rest, even when both the kids were asleep and he had absolutely no reason to stay up. That’s just absolute genius.

Sonja didn’t bother to keep quiet anymore, if anything, she was louder than usual as she got ready for bed: stomping around,slamming dresser drawers, indicating wordlessly her disapproval...but still, he persisted. He was coughing more too, she noticed -- those annoying, breathy coughs that often head off a particularly brutal cold.

So freakin’ smart. He deserves every little bit of what's coming to him. , she thought as she climbed into bed.

And yet, Sonja stayed up with him, laying silently in the dark, listening to those coughs and that relentless typing, battling with herself about whether or not to say anything, until at last, she exhausted herself, and slept.

<3

Oooh, there's just so much I love about this every time.

He's such an odd fellow, I love it. I want to know more more more about him. ^_^

And the power shifts were incredible, as always. I loved the cute little relationship Molly and Sonja built with each other. :bleh:

Also, the way you describe the illness coming in is marvelous.

You're incredibly gifted. <3

Yes, I love this. I love this with a passion. You'd think that the fact that he's a jerk would make him less attractive, but it doesn't. I want to know so much more...

Kasper: oh, fuckg me. She's decided to writde again...

----

That's right Kas! This update is short and full of cliffhangery goodness! :gets pelted with rotten tomatoes, runs away: Honestly, I hadn't even planned on writing the last bit, but it kind of took on its own life. Anyway, here you go! Promise to have the next one up soon!

----

Kasper: :)

Meeps: :blushing: Ohh Kas, if only you knew I have in store for you... :wub:

Part Six

After spending over an hour the next morning trying to block out the various audible symptoms of Kasper’s worsening condition (aka: coughs, which had progressed now into dry, abrasive fits, the occasional exhausted groan, and a near-constant sniffle), Sonja realized two things about the frustrating situation before her: 1.) there was nothing she could do, since any help she offered would almost certainly be coldly refused, and 2.) that, since today was her day off from work, there was no escape.

Oh sure, she could make up some excuse to get out the house, but really, she couldn’t. As much as she may have wanted to, without work to force her out of the house, Sonja didn’t think she’d be able to leave on her own free will, not if there was even the slightest chance of Kasper deciding to pay her another visit. She knew it was a long shot: he had seemed so furious about not being able to control his cold symptoms at the restaurant that Sonya seriously doubted the possibility of him seeking her out again in the near future, if ever.

She should be happy – she finally had the upper hand. But every sniffle that escaped from next door drew her closer, pulled her in further, made her heart beat faster -- and the more stubborn he was: moving about, absolutely refusing to rest, the stronger these feeling grew, until she was completely helpless against them:

Kasper hadn't realized it, but he’d unleashed on Sonja his most powerful weapon yet.

---

It went on that way into the early afternoon, and by then Sonja had given up any hope of Kasper making one of his eccentric appearances. She sat huddled on her living room couch, and tried to immerse herself in drawing; making sketch upon sketch of everything and anything she could see or think of, from life and from her imagination: some realistic, some cartoonish doodles. As soon as she felt she was she was done she ripped the page from her sketchbook and dropped it on the ground, continuing immediately to the page. She needing to distract herself, keep her mind engaged, and so far this marathon sketching seemed to be doing the trick. That is, until…

“hehh…huhh…...hh…” her ears pricked up immediately, pencil paused mid-stroke.

“...hng’KSH! ...Eh’KTCH!-nnngh…” The sneezes sounded desperate, both were brutally stifled, but from the sound of the hitching breaths that followed, Kasper wasn’t off the hook yet…

“huhh-!…nng’GTCHuh! ETCHuh! EKSHuh! eh’GTCHuh-” Kasper was in the full throes of a sneezing fit, sneezes pummeling him again and again, so full of liquidy congestion that it seemed impossible for him to stifle them completely. Sonja could hear it all, plain as if he was in her own living room. She was trembling; her heart thumping in her chest like a caged animal.

-N’GXTCHuh! Hehh…hhh-!!...ugghhh…”The last one seemed to be stuck, and breath still hitching furiously, Kasper released a desperate near-moan of exasperation. He sniffed back the congestion, then took a few deep, forcibly controlled breaths which resulted in a minor bought of coughing.

But, even after that, it was still that heavy, expectant pause that followed, broken only by more sporadic intakes of breath.

“huhh……huhh…”

Sonja felt dizzy, feverish. She could just imagine his face, that glorious face he got just before – brow furrowed, eyes shut, the tiny facial muscles that surrounded his nose and mouth, quivering…

Before she even realized she was doing it, the pencil in her hand began to move across the paper, transcribing the beautiful image in her head down on paper. Her strokes were frantic, guided from some place she had never known before, fingers exacting perfectly the delicate curves of his lips, the lines of desperate anticipation surrounding his eyes, applying just the right amount of pressure – it was less like drawing and more like touching. Caressing -- with her own fingers, those curves and planes...…and still, in the background, those gasping, hitching breaths continued.

And then, as the graphite moved across the curve of one agitated nostril, it happened:

“huuhh…HG’TCHEUUuh!!! "The sneeze was colossal, liquid, rushing forth under its own inertia like a tidal wave, and there was no attempt to stifle at all. It was followed by a shaky breath of recovery, a thick, gurgling sniffle, and a sigh of disgust. Then a flurry of noises erupted from the next room, brisk footsteps toward the front door, the thudding of shoes and the scratching, plastic noise of a winter coat being put on, the front door opening and closing.

For one fleeting moment Sonja allowed herself glance down at the scandalous creation sitting on her lap.

Ohhhh, my god. What have I done?

Then, the doorbell sounded.

<3 (PS: thank you all so so much for your comments!!! They leave me feeling just too goshdarn happy for words!)

Fixed tags ~ obsessed

Ohhhh I am SO upset that I'm flying out tomorrow and might miss the next part!!! :) I must know!! This is brilliant: I'm so hooked.

I'm beyond words at this point. This story is so good, I really don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Just know that I love this story immensly.

Archived