Sneeze Fetish Forum

Most Overrated Movies.

resolution

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Star Wars. Everyone in the universe went to see it when it came out and yet I just find it incredibly underwhelming.

Star Wars. Everyone in the universe went to see it when it came out and yet I just find it incredibly underwhelming.

^This. I think Star Wars are the only movies I've ever actually fallen asleep to. *laugh*

^This. I think Star Wars are the only movies I've ever actually fallen asleep to. *laugh*

Uhm. Which ones?

Well I was referring to the original (which really was just called "Star Wars" when I first saw it..... it has now been renamed Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope). When it came out, it was one of those films where everyone queued around the block and cinemas just couldn't cater for the sheer mass of humanity trying to get through their doors. Nothing much improved for me though as the other 932 films in the franchise were released.

I can't say that I disliked Star Wars, but I never really got them, you know? They were rather cool and bang bang and space empire and death stars and yoda and wisdom... but I never got the idea, what were they really about?

I was about twelve when I saw them the first time, and completely hooked on sci-fi, so I hope I'm excused... all in all, I prefer the Star Trek series over the Star Wars movies. :D

They were rather cool and bang bang and space empire and death stars and yoda and wisdom... but I never got the idea, what were they really about?

Yoda is cool. I give them that. X)

Lord of the Rings...

*thumbs up* Amen. I even heard they made books of them! Talk about hype. :rolleyes:

As for films I find overrated - Avatar, Inception and Pirates of the Caribbean. Avatar is pretty, Inception is sexy, Pirates of the Caribbean is amusing, I enjoyed all of them, but they are all overrated to me as well. Also 28 days later. What's up with that one? *laugh*

Also 28 days later. What's up with that one? *laugh*

Never heard of that one. :rolleyes:

You are a lucky, good person and I like you.

Titanic

avitar

inception

Blade runner

You won: Titanic :laugh: I can't believe i got through the whole thing.

Was never so happy to see a ship sink.

Lord of the Rings...

*thumbs up* Amen. I even heard they made books of them! Talk about hype. :zippy:

I believe the books came out about 60 years before the movie. Come on, it's a mainstream 21st century movie, you knew the idea wasn't original :rolleyes:

Lord of the Rings...

*thumbs up* Amen. I even heard they made books of them! Talk about hype. :laugh:

I think the books came out about 60 years before the movie. Come on, it's a mainstream 21st century movie, you knew the idea wasn't new :rolleyes:

What? 60 years? You're shitting me?

Naaw. Sorry. Enough joking. I think it was 50 years, rather. It came out 1955, if I remember it correctly, and the first film around 2000? ... It's all fussy, I was eight when I read them the first time, after all. *flirt* You need to appreciate my humour! *poketypoke*

Twilight :laugh:

I recently forced myself to sit through New Moon. It was so bad it was actually funny. In a very tragicomical way.

Edward is what mightmares are made of. :rolleyes:

Amelie - What a pile of vacuous, irritating kitch

Kill Bill - Inexcusable rubbish (note that I really loved Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown)

Edited: how could I forget????

Citizen Kane - DATED!!!!

Forrest Gump - one of the most boring and unimpressing

Citizen Kane - DATED!!!!

Goodness yes. I fell asleep in this one too. I guess perhaps it was truly brilliant and I just missed all the good bits .... but I found the parts I did see so utterly uninspiring that I am unlikely to go back and give it another try.

definitely agree on Titanic It was not about the sinking of the ship, it was a love story. Made it as far to where the ship was going down, and that was it. Never watched the rest of it :D

and Twilight. Sparkly Vampires?......... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?! :P

Archived