Sneeze Fetish Forum

is kissing dogs utterly disgusting?

resolution

A dog's mouth contains FAR fewer bacteria (and those it does contain are less harmful) than a human's mouth.

I think this is something of an urban myth anyway. I have inspected an awful lot of dogs' mouths and .... well lets just say a good number of them were vile.

ehow article.

Anyway, if we really have to apply logic, we'd all have to leave this forum because lets face it, being turned on by sneezing is pretty far from any kind of logic I can follow.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought of this today when I learnt that my sister-in-law had been bitten by her cat and her thumb swelled up; she went to the hospital and was given a course of penicillin. That reminded me of a schoolfriend showing me his injured hand where his lovely Doberman had bitten him; he was really happy about it and explained that it was his fault, and not the dog's.

Would I be right in guessing that alone of all animals [except perhaps the horse], the dog has no germs in its mouth, so that being bitten by it is actually beneficial? As we have already established that it is without sin, intimate contact with it is always beneficial and innocent, and moreover it is always the person's fault if they are harmed in the process.

I am interested in the idea of having to squeal when you see a dog. In what other circumstances does one have to squeal? What does a squeal sound like? Is it like the noise made when seeing a popular singing song singer? Or a baby? Or a lovely puppy's urine and vomit?

As for liking sneezing being illogical, I can't see it. What could be more logical than experiencing a sexual thrill when a puppy sneezes all over you, releasing its beneficent and healing spray.

A dog's mouth contains FAR fewer bacteria (and those it does contain are less harmful) than a human's mouth.

I think this is something of an urban myth anyway. I have inspected an awful lot of dogs' mouths and .... well lets just say a good number of them were vile.

Urban myth or not, human mouths are still equally gross.

Anyway, if we really have to apply logic, we'd all have to leave this forum because lets face it, being turned on by sneezing is pretty far from any kind of logic I can follow.

It's perfectly logical for each of us to be turned on by sneezing, given some factor (call it Factor X) in our genetic makeup/development that made the connection (sneezing = sexual arousal) early on, and given the hundreds of thousands of repetitions we've all foisted on ourselves since, it's nothing BUT logical that sneezing would turn us on. Sexual arousal based on anything other than primary/secondary sexual organs of the opposite sex could be thought of as "illogical," unless you consider that the logic of sexual arousal is not solely based on the genetic drive to reproduce. I mean, are gay people "illogical" for being turned on by the same sex? Is the North American fascination with breasts "illogical?"

I thought of this today when I learnt that my sister-in-law had been bitten by her cat and her thumb swelled up; she went to the hospital and was given a course of penicillin. That reminded me of a schoolfriend showing me his injured hand where his lovely Doberman had bitten him; he was really happy about it and explained that it was his fault, and not the dog's.

Would I be right in guessing that alone of all animals [except perhaps the horse], the dog has no germs in its mouth, so that being bitten by it is actually beneficial? As we have already established that it is without sin, intimate contact with it is always beneficial and innocent, and moreover it is always the person's fault if they are harmed in the process.

I got bitten by a cat at work and got 'cat scratch disease' and had to take antibiotics for it, yet I got bit by a great dane and other than bleeding and having a massive bruise I was perfectly fine. And I've been bitten by several dogs and never gotten any time of infection, even if I don't clean it right away. Maybe that is some kind of indictation that a dog's mouth isnt such a nasty place?

I got bitten by a cat at work and got 'cat scratch disease' and had to take antibiotics for it, yet I got bit by a great dane and other than bleeding and having a massive bruise I was perfectly fine. And I've been bitten by several dogs and never gotten any time of infection, even if I don't clean it right away. Maybe that is some kind of indictation that a dog's mouth isnt such a nasty place?

Yup, it's official, infection-wise cat bites are generally more dangerous than dog bites.

TYS, humans are designed to be illogical. All those genetic and learned things you use to describe the formation of our fetish also apply in exactly the same way to us learning to find certain things unpleasant or disgusting. To suggest that we should apply fact-based logic to one, and not to the other seems very odd and frankly ... illogical.

We are primed to find certain things disgusting and there's a good reason for that because it helped us to survive long before we could reason things out or were even aware that illnesses could be passed on by bacteria or viruses. That said, I have, for the past sixteen years or so, only kissed one man, and during all that time I have never seen him lick his ass, chew a pile of cow shit, or lick up vomit from a pavement. During that time, I have seen dogs doing all those things. I think that finding it rather revolting when a random dog comes up and licks me in the mouth is a reasonable way to feel. In addition to the E-coli, Salmonella and Norovirus from eating shit, dogs can also carry MRSA, and, in countries where it occurs, rabies. You are correct, people can as well but that wasn't the point I was making. Finding dogs licking your mouth disgusting is perfectly logical. Yes, it's happened, yes I've survived it. Still disgusting.

I do agree with you Vet, like I said in an earlier post my dog can't/doesn't do any of that stuff, so I'm not afraid to let him kiss me in the mouth or take treats from my mouth or whatever. But although I love animals and love getting kisses, I usually turn my cheek to dogs I don't know so well, just to be safe, especially if it's a dog I know stays outside.

I do agree with you Vet, like I said in an earlier post my dog can't/doesn't do any of that stuff, so I'm not afraid to let him kiss me in the mouth or take treats from my mouth or whatever.

Well I think it's somewhat different if it's your own dog and you know where they've been and are in the habit of doing it. Personally still wouldn't choose to do it if I had a pet dog, but I don't think it carries any huge health risks that you wouldn't get from say, crawling around on your hands and knees in a park. I just don't want 'em to come up and randomly do it to me. :)

Is the North American fascination with breasts "illogical?"

Christ, I hope not. I have always thought of myself as a pretty logical person, but this would fuck it right up. :wub:

Is the North American fascination with breasts "illogical?"

Christ, I hope not. I have always thought of myself as a pretty logical person, but this would fuck it right up. B)

Prove to me, using logic, why such a fascination has some evolutionary advantage ... or indeed any advantage at all. Likes and dislikes, lusts and disgusts are rarely dictated by logic. I love watching people sneezing. Most people rae indifferent to it. Some people find it disgusting. There is no "right" or "wrong", and you can't use logic to prove any one of those positions is the "correct" way to be. The same goes for dogs licking your face. For some it's lovely, for others disgusting. You will have arrived at your personal position on that through a subtle learning process. Your position is no more (or less) logical than mine. And of course, everyone's genetic make-up, knowledge and experiences are different so the conclusions people draw are different. Some people try to use logic and work things out, but even then, you are only doing it from your own personal perspective. People are highly illogical and there are reasons why we developed that way. If you enjoy something and indulging it isn't harmful ... then why worry?

^Larger breasts, like plumper lips, generally mean the female is producing more oestrogen and is therefore more likely to be fertile...? xD Same as why guys generally like curvy, child-bearing-suited hips I guess...xD Totally off the top of my head though, I'm far too lazy to actually look anything up ;P

^Larger breasts, like plumper lips, generally mean the female is producing more oestrogen and is therefore more likely to be fertile...?

Nobody mentioned breast size. Only having a fascination with breasts. I could just as well argue that their fascination with breasts carries a huge disadvantage because breast-feeding in public is so unacceptable that many women probably feel pressured into bottle feeding. And the advantage you mention, by definition applies to breeding potential of the woman ... which has no relevance to Nicole. The other example TYS gave was whether it was "illogical" to be gay. Well there is a clear and absolute evolutionary disadvantage to being gay, therefore you could argue that all gay people are illogical.

My argument is that human likes and dislikes are very often illogical and that people shouldn't get hung up on trying to "prove" that dogs mouths are disgusting or not, because when it comes down to it, it depends on your viewpoint. As the risks aren't huge, it doesn't really matter which you feel. TYS implied that anyone who felt it was disgusting was silly and tried to prove it using some very spurious arguments. Nicole, who is possibly bit touchy on this subject (we are predisposed genetically to find this stuff unpleasant but she loves her dog so much she chooses to do it anyway), jumped on TYS's argument with excitement, not because it was logical, but because it backed up and justified her desire to snog with her dog. Personally I don't want to snog Nicole's dog, but if she does want to she should do so proudly and with pleasure and forget all about logic, because in this situation, it really doesn't matter. See this first reply....

Dude, I totally kiss my dog on the mouth, and I have for the 9 years I've had him. And I will continue until he leaves me. And sometimes I do this thing that REALLY grosses people out...I hold a Milkbone between my teeth and let Porter take it from me, which sometimes results in him licking my lips. :lol: Yep, I do. And go ahead and judge me! I don't even care. B)

Edited because I originally ended my post by saying, "Because I don't give a shit." Just sounded so harsh. :) (I mean...I DON'T....but still...)

See I think Nicole is smokin' hot because she does things just because she likes them and doesn't give a damn whether they are disgusting or not. We should throw away logic and just have fun imnvho.

I love face "kisses", (chin and cheeks) from dogs (but Not really slobbery or if they are drooling) but I'll confess that I'll tuck my lips into my mouth if the dog is getting too close to licking my lips.

Then again, I've rubbed my little gerbil on my cheek which I'm sure that people might find gross, but I love the little furball. lol!

Prove to me, using logic, why such a fascination has some evolutionary advantage ... or indeed any advantage at all.

Having developed breasts is a sign that a mammal has gone through puberty and is therefore likely to be ready for breeding. Larger or more developed breasts (I know no one mentioned size, but it's relevant, various studies indicate that hourglass figures and larger breasts mean a woman has higher levels of hormones and are more likely to get pregnant), along with plumper lips, wide hips, etc, indicate that a woman is most likely fertile and ready to breed. So from a purely evolutionary, instinctive sort of standpoint, yes, it is logical for men to be fascinated in breasts as it assists them in recognising potential mates.

I totally agree with your point though B) Just thought I'd chime in on that particular bit...:)

Prove to me, using logic, why such a fascination has some evolutionary advantage ... or indeed any advantage at all.

Having developed breasts is a sign that a mammal has gone through puberty and is therefore likely to be ready for breeding. Larger or more developed breasts (I know no one mentioned size, but it's relevant, various studies indicate that hourglass figures and larger breasts mean a woman has higher levels of hormones and are more likely to get pregnant), along with plumper lips, wide hips, etc, indicate that a woman is most likely fertile and ready to breed. So from a purely evolutionary, instinctive sort of standpoint, yes, it is logical for men to be fascinated in breasts as it assists them in recognising potential mates.

I totally agree with your point though B) Just thought I'd chime in on that particular bit...:)

I think we're talking slightly at cross purposes. I didn't wish to dismiss your comment, I understand the evolutionary argument about breasts, I was referring specifically however to the phenomenon mentioned by TYS, "The North American fascination with breasts". From previous discussions, and from personal observation I understand this goes way beyond any natural interest men might have in womens' breasts and takes it to an extreme. There may be an evolutionary advantage to selecting a curvaceous woman, however the current prediliction for women who look like a Ryvita with two marshmallows stuck somewhere near the top isn't so hot, in my opinion. And the idea that breasts are primarily sexual organs, and therefore breastfeeding in public is perverted is ... well perverted.

Sorry Resolution, this seems to have gone a little off-topic. Let me know if you would like these posts to be removed please.

Ah, logic and evolution, reasons people always give nowadays for doing anything, ignoring the fact that they may just enjoy it.

Unless, that is, the logical evolutionary explanation goes against some deeper impulse. Like the obvious fact that women enjoy being vomited and urinated on by dogs because it is part of childrearing [whereas men don't]. Dogs have been bred neotenously; that is, we only eat those that behave as adults; those still behaving as puppies are first made our tools, then our babies.

Breast obsession I observe is very much woman-led. In modern society women can see their breasts in mirrors and compare them with those of others; they cannot see their buttocks which Desmond Morris revealed are the main sexual parts, now mimicked by breasts. Men can see them too and for their pains are told off for staring at them.

Liking sneezing is logical and evolutionary for many reasons. the simplest of which is that frequent and powerful sneezing indicates an efficient immune system which can expel all germs and foreign bodies. Allergies similarly until they became too common and expelled useful things like pollen from crops.

Even sneezing while hiding can be explained in this way; you don't want to make a noise when some huge bull predator is prowling around...

Nicole, who is possibly bit touchy on this subject (we are predisposed genetically to find this stuff unpleasant but she loves her dog so much she chooses to do it anyway), jumped on TYS's argument with excitement, not because it was logical, but because it backed up and justified her desire to snog with her dog.

No, I jumped on his argument because I agree with him about the bacteria thing and because I genuinely find breasts incredibly exciting. :lmfao: I don't need to justify my desire to kiss my dog, not to anyone here or anywhere. Because it truly doesn't matter to me whether you (the collective) like it or not. I'm not kissing any of you, so your disapproval doesn't stop my world from turning. :wallbash:

See I think Nicole is smokin' hot because she does things just because she likes them and doesn't give a damn whether they are disgusting or not.

RAWR. :rolleyes: Thank you, my darling! :lmfao:

Ah, logic and evolution, reasons people always give nowadays for doing anything, ignoring the fact that they may just enjoy it.

Exactly! Things that are naughty and shouldn't be done are very often the most fun. Logic should never be allowed to interfere. Personally I think that everyone in this thread made up their mind whether it was disgusting or not ... and then those who like to feel they generally act logically found the arguments to justify their decision, not the other way round. And yes, I do mainly include myself in that (although as an emetophobe, seeing a dog eating vomit would have probably changed my mind, even if I had liked it before).

No, I jumped on his argument because I agree with him about the bacteria thing
His arguments are hopeless though, as proof that something isn't disgusting. They only work as a justification for doing something you know is a bit gross. There were two parts, the first (dogs have cleaner mouths than humans) was incorrect, the second part, (we do more disgusting things every day but it's fine because we have an immune system) ... well pretty much that argument is "Of course it's disgusting but so are lots of other things that we do." He even added that human mouths were equally gross ... in other words he admitted both are gross. So not in any way proof this isn't disgusting. Pity this isn't the Pit or I could spank him propertly for being so smug after saying something so impenetrably silly.

I'm sure kissing you would be more enjoyable than kissing your dog! I've already ascertained that nobody should kiss me because of all the bullshit I've had in my mouth but fortunately it seems you aren't too fussy about that sort of thing! :dead:

:dead:

I'm not kissing any of you,

I was going to say "but if I ask nicely...?" :dribble:

Hey, by the way, I kiss my horse, how disgusting is that, compared to the dog and cat kissing? :shy: She doesn't clean herself - ehe, I do the cleaning for her... :mellow:

Hey, by the way, I kiss my horse, how disgusting is that, compared to the dog and cat kissing? :shy: She doesn't clean herself - ehe, I do the cleaning for her... :mellow:

For some illogical reason I find that adorable rather than disgusting. :P

Hey, by the way, I kiss my horse, how disgusting is that, compared to the dog and cat kissing? :shy:She doesn't clean herself - ehe, I do the cleaning for her... :mellow:

For some illogical reason I find that adorable rather than disgusting. :P

Horses don't usually insert their tongue into your mouth and they rarely produce excess saliva. Moreover they eat grass .... their breath usually smells very sweet. It doesn't seem illogical to me. I'll happily put tma's gerbil to my face as well.

Yeah, you're right... but my horsie has a tendency to want to kiss me when she has just been drinking water, slobbing all over me. :dribble: Either that, or she licks my face. I do believe she does it for fun, because when she did it the first time, I took a step back, tripped and fell on my back in the mud. I think she just wants to see me do that again. :mellow:

I'll happily put tma's gerbil to my face as well.

That... sounded like it belonged to the Adult board. :shy:

I don't care that NIcole kisses her dog. I'll still kiss her over and over again, repeatedly. She's a damn good kisser. :rolleyes:

Well since we've discussed horses and gerbils, I can say that I kiss my guinea pig, my gerbil, and my snakes. And yes, they do like to be kissed, and no they don't bite me. They are my babies :)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't care that NIcole kisses her dog. I'll still kiss her over and over again, repeatedly. She's a damn good kisser. ;)

:) Thanks darling!

Sneesee, my lovely, I wouldn't care if you kissed your cats' asses, I still couldn't spend more than a minute with you without wanting to kiss you. Talk about a good kisser...be still, my beating heart. :wub: Love you!

Archived