Sneeze Fetish Forum

Start Simulation (f) - full story completed!

PollenFiend

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your writing style is just pure delicious and amazing. Its like you read my mind and know exactly how much I love talking through sneezing and build ups. *sigh* shy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Part 5

Through the cameras present in the holographic projection chamber, ELIZA observed the two young women enter the room and converse with Doctor Barnes. The sliding doors closed with a quiet whir behind them, a gentle breeze slipping in through the gap. The morning air whirled around the two women, causing their clothes to ruffle and sway ever so slightly - the taller blonde’s spring dress which flowed playfully in white down her frame, and to a lesser extent the black-haired asian’s snug purple tank-top and khaki shorts.

The observant AI immediately identified the blonde to be Dawn Sivak, though her friend remained unrecognized. “It’s good to see you again. How are you?” Dawn asked with nasal congestion mildly inflecting her speech, while her friend raised a half-used tissue to her pink nose to dab dry an escaping drop of clear runniness.

“I’m doing well, thank you,” the doctor replied as he extended his hand to shake hers.

Dawn began to offer her hand in return but quickly pulled it back, plucked a tissue from a travel pack in her opposite hand, and raised it to her twitching, tingling red nose. “hhhHEGH-TSCCHHUooo!!” she sneezed suddenly and uncontrollably. It was yet another pollen-filled morning and the affect on her allergic nose was terribly obvious.

“Still suffering from your allergies, I see,” Barnes stated rather obviously. “And... your friend too, I’d imagine,” he added as he turned to look at Lori, her pink nose still being dabbed at with her damp tissue, her nostrils twitching as she fought against her own allergic urge to sneeze.

Dawn sniffled liquidly, then sighed with a wipe at her red nostrils. “Yeah,” she admitted in a tired, almost vulnerable tone. “This is Lori,” she introduced her friend with a slight wave of her tissue-equipped hand. “She works with me at the agency. And yes, she has hay fever too.”

“Hello doctor,” Lori chimed, though by the sound of it her nose was completely blocked, her congestion undoubtedly severe.

“You can call me Leon. Dawn already does,” Barnes said with a smile. “I’m surprised to see you here. Why the sudden visit?”

While Barnes was speaking, Lori’s eyes gradually blinked shut, her lips quivered, her small, circular nostrils pulsed and flared as she lost her fight against the increasingly urgent need to sneeze. Her crumpled tissue was raised to her nose, struggling to contain a rapid attack of wet sneezes. “hhEEA-AASCHKKHHh! hhHYEEA-IEESCHKKH!!... hhHHH-HIII-IISSCCHHKKFFH!!!!” Lori shuddered with each allergic sneeze, her eyes squelched shut tightly, tears being squeezed out of the corners and profuse amounts of clear, watery liquid being violently expelled from her pink nostrils, covered from view by her tissue. Her nasal passages cleared momentarily by the forceful sneezes, she took advantage of the brief opportunity to blow her nose without full congestion and filled the tissue to capacity. After three long, productive blows, she sniffled a few times in series. Each sniffle sounded progressively more congested until her allergic nose was once again all stuffed up.

Barnes went to a desk and returned with a box of tissues, offering them to Lori as she sighed miserably and took a fresh tissue, using it to wrap her used one before continuing to dab at her running nose. “Bless you,” Barnes said to Lori, then offering the same tissue box to Dawn.

“Thanks,” Dawn said as she took a tissue of her own, adding it to the final one from her travel pack. “Our hay fever is kicking our asses.” Dawn smiled wryly with a twitch of her red nose and a moist sniffle. “The air filter at the office hasn’t been working for days and our medication just isn’t cut-... cutting... it...” Dawn raised the new tissues to her nose and mouth, quickly covering her sneeze-contorted expression of allergic itch. “hhHUUT-TTISSCCHIIFFFH!! HHGHT-TCHHHFFH!!! HHEEGRR-IIISSCHHHFFF!!! Hehh-... HIHH-HIIEHH-!” Dawn lowered her sneeze-moistened tissues as she felt the doctor’s hand gently hold her upper arm. It offered a small, yet soothing sense of comfort against her allergic misery. “HHEGH-IIRRSCCHHHIIHHH!!!!... huhh...” she allowed her nose to explode fully and unrestrained, spraying droplets of pollen-infused liquid. Following the sneeze attack, Dawn blew, wiped and dabbed at her unrelentingly itchy nose.

Eliza observed all of this from her array of cameras; all of the allergic suffering from the two young women, and all of the barely-contained arousal from Doctor Barnes. She was built to observe, programmed to not miss a single detail. As clearly as she saw every droplet from the spraying sneeze, she saw the doctor’s quickening heartbeat, his elevated body temperature, how he licked his lips ever so slightly.

“Doctor Barnes, shall we run another simulation?,” Eliza said over the room’s loudspeakers.

Barnes looked up at the speakers, then at a bank of monitors, too surprised to say anything. After a brief pause, Dawn interjected. “Oh, I’m sorry Leon. We didn’t know you were working,” Dawn apologized as she began to take a few steps in retreat from the room.

“No no, that’s alright, Dawn,” Barnes offered. “It’s fine, Eliza. Let them stay.” The doctor waved a hand up to a mirrored window high on a ceiling. “Eliza’s one of our lab assistants. We were just doing some tests before you arrived.”

Lori tried to sniffle but the intake of air sounded pitiful and blocked. “I hope your research has paid off. We really don’t know what else to do,” Lori said congestedly. “We’re really... hehh.. re-..” the girl’s pink nostrils flared and pulsed yet again as she lost another battle against the pollen in her nose. “hhHII-IISCCHKKH!! IISCCHHKKH!! KCHIISSCCHH!!! … KCHIIISSSCHHH!!!... KHISSSCHHH!!!!!” Lori sneezed in rapid succession before trying to sniffle once more, this time pulling back the runniness slightly more successfully but negated by the sheer extra volume of liquid produced by her sneezes.

Dawn sneezed as well, while Lori used her tissues to pinch and wipe her streaming nose. “hhhET-TTISSSCHHUuuu!! hehh-hihh.. HHEGT-TTISSCHHUFFFH!!!” Dawn’s sneezes weren’t as productive in terms of mucous as Lori’s but her nose itched considerably more, holding her in a constant state of itchy, tingly, sneezy discomfort. “We’re really miserable, Leon,” she said truthfully, tissue held under her deep-red nostrils.”

Eliza spoke again through the loudspeakers. “Doctor, I believe with our recent breakthrough we are now able to attempt custom response therapy. But we would need to test for maximum allergic response for each patient before synthesizing each custom treatment.”

“Whh-... What is she talking about?” Dawn asked as she held her sneezes at bay, Lori blowing weakly into her tissues with a thick gurgling sound.

“Not until now have we been able to create a custom treatment for each hay fever patient,” Barnes explained. “It works by carefully observing how your body reacts to ever increasing amounts of allergens and having medication controlled such that it responds very specifically in your system, attacking your allergies at the source but fine-tuned to maximize the relief. Only this way can we even hope to treat hay fever as pollen counts continue to soar year after year.”

“Tell me about it,” Lori said, drying her eyes now that her pink nose was fleetingly clean. “It’s been getting worse every year.”

“I know. And we’re doing our best to keep up.” Barnes took out his electronic pad from his coat pocket and tapped a few commands. “Eliza, start simulation.”

Eliza was silent for a moment, but eventually complied, recovering from an infrequent glitch. The more she looked at the pair of hay fever sufferers, the slower she felt. Her response times seemed delayed, distracted.

The doctor and his two guests were engulfed in white light, the two women raising their tissue-equipped hands to their eyes as they were startled by the brightness. The light subsided and when they opened their eyes they saw themselves surrounded by lush fields, budding trees, flowers and weeds in full bloom.

“What’s.. hehh.. what’s going... on...?” Lori asked as she held her tissue in front of her nose, eyes squinting at the sudden irritation in her entire face.

Dawn was unable to even ask, as her red nostrils quivered with a mighty intake of air in a long pre-sneeze inhale. She looked around her in horror. There was pollen absolutely everywhere, and of every conceivable allergenic kind. “hHHIIGGH-IISCCHUU-UUUu!!! iii-IIISSCCHHUU-UUuu!!! IIGGH-IIISCCHHUFFFH!!!... uhh... iiiirrRR-HIIHGHHSSCHFFFF!!! - IIRGGHHISCHFFHH!!! - IIIGGHIISSCCKHFFFFHH!!!!!” she sneezed quickly and uncontrollably, her sneezes devolving into the variety reserved for her worst full-blown allergy attacks. They were loud, wet, messy and desperate. Worst of all, they provided absolutely no relief. She tried to cover them with her wet tissues but the sneezes drenched and ruined them all too quickly.

Lori looked over at her helplessly sneezing friend and succumbed to her own full allergy attack, equally severe yet different. “KKISSCHHhh!! CHIISSCHH!!! IIKIISSSHHH!!! CHIHH-HIHH!!! IH-CHIHH-HHFF!!!! CHIISCHFFFH!!!!” Lori’s sneezes came more rapidly, exhausting her of breath as it was forced out of her nose to expel profuse nasal discharge, clear and watery, first onto her chapped, pink upper lip and then into her own equally drenched tissue as she tried to contain the messiness. And yet, Lori’s nose remained terribly congested throughout it all.

Eliza observed both hay fever sufferers. They each shuddered violently from their sneezes. Dawn sniffled and snuffled, thickly and loudly through flared, irritated nostrils. Lori could barely sniffle at all, doing her best to keep her wet, pink nose under control as her sneezes kept forcing out more liquid. Both noses immediately adopted deeper shades - Lori’s a true red, Dawn’s a burning scarlet. “Environment is having immediate effect, Doctor.” Eliza confirmed.

Barnes brought over more tissues for the two sneezing women. “It’s okay, Dawn, Lori. Don’t be alarmed. In this room we are able to recreate the worst possible conditions for hay fever sufferers. Hang in there while Eliza calibrates her sensors and determines each of your unique allergic reaction profiles. Don’t hold back. Let it out.”

Dawn took the fresh tissues and dropped her spent ones to the grass-covered ground, causing a wisp of pollen to rise towards her. “This is... hehhh... III-IISSCCHHUFFHHH!!! Crayhh-... crazy! IIRRUSCCHHHUFFFFHH!!!!” she exclaimed, more referring to her own allergic suffering than Leon’s instructions.

“I cand’t... tahhh-... take... hhHII-KISCHHH!!! HH-IISCCHHH!!! IIISSCCHHHH!!! HHEHH-HHH-... IIGGIISSSCCHHH!!!” Lori sneezed to the side as she grasped at the newly offered tissues, expelling dense clouds of spray into the air, rivulets of clear liquid running from underneath her severely flaring red nostrils.

“Twenty minutes remai...” Eliza began to say, but stopped abruptly. Seeing every allergic detail seemed to be causing her difficulty. She saw Lori’s red nostrils being pinched by wet folds of tissue, only to emerge with itchy, springy flaring as the tickle resurfaced and burrowed ever deeper. She saw Dawn’s face hang precariously at length in pre-sneeze, tormented by her nose’s itchiness and its constant urge to sneeze and sneeze and sneeze ever more.

“aaht-chooo!!” a sudden, feminine sneeze erupted from the sunny sky. Barnes twisted around, wide eyes affixed on where the speaker would be if he could see it as he heard his AI sneeze. What in the world??...

“Liz?” he asked with controlled alarm, referring to his AI by her alternate name.

“Sorry, Doctor. I don’t know why... I... Excuse me.” She responded, notably sheepishly.

“hihh-hhEEHH...” Dawn’s pre-sneeze face quickly contorted with a full-on allergy sneeze. “HHIAAH-KHEEESSHHHUUU!!! HHYEHH-KHCHHHUUUUU!!!” she sprayed forcefully, her body shuddering violently from both powerful sneezes. “Ugh... is...” Dawn sniffled thickly and dabbed at her nostrils, “Is Eliza allergic too?”

“I...” Barnes started, not knowing how to answer.

“hehh.. aht-TCHOOO!!” Liz sneezed again, making it now obvious. Her regular programming had somehow become afflicted with hay fever. She ran a self-diagnostic program in the background but it wasn’t able to keep up with her gradually worsening symptoms. “hihh-hihh! HAAT-TIISSCHHOOO!!” she sneezed once more.

“I suppose she does,” Barnes finally answered.

Try as she might, Eliza couldn’t isolate her hay fever patient subroutines from her simulation control programming. Her self-learning mechanisms had now completely internalized all data on hay fever suffering. She had effectively become a hay fever sufferer herself, and seeing the two allergy-afflicted women reacting so severely to her worst-case allergy simulation put her own ‘nose’ over the edge. The placebo effect was now inescapable.

“TTIISSCCHHIHH!!! TCHIISHHIIHH!!! hehh-hhHUUHH!.. ITTSSCHHHUUHHH!!! TSCCHHHIIUHHH!!!” Lori continued sneezing, her red nose unable to stop. The runniness beginning to overwhelm her nostrils, tissues and fingers.

“HHEEGGH-GIISSCHHHUUFFFH!!! IIGHH-IIRRSSCCHHFFFF!!! … IIITT-TSCHHIIHHFFFF!!! … uhh... huhh! HAA-AAASSCHKHHHFFFF!!!!!” Dawn sneezed as well, bending at the waist as her white summer dress fluttered around her legs.

To make things worse, Eliza came to the realization that each of her sneezes wreaked havoc with her control over the test chamber and its systems. Each sneeze caused a momentary ‘shudder’ in her simulation controls, manifesting as a gust of wind freeing grains of virtual pollen and making it swirl around her doctor and his guests. Worse, it caused an actual burst of real pollen to be released into the airflow system of the room. Where before it was meant to be used in a form of nasal challenge testing, pollen of all sorts was now being released.

Dawn and Lori wound up for another bout of relentlessly itchy sneezes, aggravated even further by the sight of allergy-inducing plants and real pollen being inhaled into their twitching, tingling noses.

“HHHEEII-IIISSCHHHUUFFFFH!!!”

“hahhh-... HHAA-AAASCCHHKGFFF!!!”

“hhHHH!!- HHAAHT-TCHHIIUUOOO!!!” Liz sneezed again, emerging in a burst of white light behind the two women but in view of the doctor.

“Liz!” Barnes exclaimed.

“Dohh- Doctor... hiiiiIIIHH- HHAT-TSCHUOOOO!!!” Liz sneezed, her eyes shutting tightly and her nostrils flaring as her allergy made itself explosively evident. The gust of wind following her sneeze caused dandelion seeds to whirl around her, joined by smaller pollen grains which entered her nose and the others’. The sneeze and accompanying breeze caused her brown hair to sway over her cheeks and neck. She raised a finger to quickly rub at her itching nose. Though it was not yet pink, it had begun to run. She sniffled lightly, the first hints of wetness clinging to her sharp intake of air. “hehh... ighhh...” Liz fought against the increasingly bothersome tickle in her nose as she looked down at her laboratory-white attire, checking that she had materialized properly.

“Liz. What’s going on?” Barnes asked as he cleared his throat, smelling the real fragrance of flowers in the air.”

“I’m sorry... doctor... hhh..” she continued fighting though rapidly losing ground to her allergic itch. “But my hay... hay... feverrhh... HHIHHT-TSCCHHIIIUUUOO!!!!” Liz’s holo-projected body convulsed from the sneeze, her own unique profile of allergic suffering now joining those of Dawn and Lori.

Oh, I love the intensity of this fic. And the creative spellings. Lovely. ^_^

And an allergic AI? Doesn't surprise me. ;)

Very interesting. I never knew an AI could have hay fever.

Bravo! Such a wonderfully written tale, I can't wait to read what you post next.

this stories awsome and I can't wait to find out what happens next! thanks for writing this great story pfsf2010!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that I am still gradually working on this story. I am happy to see you still reading and enjoying it. I hope to complete the next chapter soon. It will focus on Liz and Lori so I hope you like it. If you have any requests or recommendations please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi gxy49! Funny you should mention it, today of all days, because I do have a new installment for you to read! It's quite long so I split it in half. I'm posting the first half below. Please stay tuned a little while longer as I finish editing the 2nd half. After that, I have one more full installment in mind before I wrap up this story. It's been a lot of fun writing it.

Here is first half of part 6 (I'm still editing the second half), featuring Liz and Lori. We will see Dawn again in part 7 to conclude the story. Please read at your leisure and I hope you enjoy it.

---

The simulation chamber swirled with virtual pollen. It was an allergy-provoking cocktail of various pollen types, and wisps of tickly, irritating grains began settling into the now-sensitive eyes and nose of the projected image of a very allergic Liz. She approached Doctor Barnes while holding a finger under her nose, pressing up against her nostrils which itched and twitched with growing distractiveness. Liz genuinely struggled against her malfunctioning nose. Her hay fever was no longer a simulation subroutine under her control. It was beginning to control her.

“Your hay fever?” Barnes asked, still very confused as to why Liz had appeared again. He glanced past her to see Dawn and Lori, both still in a state of sniffly, itchy, sneezy shock as they tried to cope with the change in environment from sterile medical center to pollen-infused wilderness.

“Yes, I...” Liz started, her watery eyes half-closing. “I hahh-...” her nostrils flared delicately atop the finger pressed underneath them. “heh-hihh-.. I have to sneeze!” she rushed, as her nostrils remained flared, her eyes shut and her entire expression gave way to the urgent allergic itch. “hhITT-TSCHIIEHHH!!” the sneeze burst out violently, Liz’s finger having done very little to hold it at bay or to diminish its strength.

Barnes slid his pair of haptic feedback examination gloves onto his hands and put his fingers underneath Liz’s chin, turning her head from side to side and observing her condition. “You don’t need to run your patient sim now, Liz,” he said to her quietly as he saw her nose twitch slightly from a wet sniffle. “Just focus on the environment,” he instructed.

"I am trying," Liz replied, her irritated eyes trying to blink away the sensation of pollen granules lodged underneath her eyelids. "But I..." she paused briefly to sniffle, "I believe some of the code from the allergy patient simulation subroutine has inadvertently merged with my underlying programming. I am... ughh..." Liz sighed with sincere irritation as she rubbed her nose back and forth with a moist, squelching sound, forcefully trying to rid herself of its thoroughly distracting itch. "I am currently attempting to remedy the error but it is proving... dihh... difficult." That itch! Liz's nose simply would not stop itching and it began to consume more and more of her processing cycles as she allocated her attention towards fighting it.

"hhheh-.. HHHEGHSCHH-ughh!!" Liz finally gave into the irritating urge to sneeze, thinking as many allergy sufferers do that it would bring relief only to find, also as other sufferers do, that the sneeze brought no such relief to her nose. The itch remained. Liz's frustration grew, in proportion to the strength of her growing allergy attack. She would find the root cause of this error and resolve it, like any other minor bug. She knew she was malfunctioning and struggled to eliminate the cause while remaining dedicated to her duty of running the environmental simulation and observing its effect on Dawn and Lori, her two hay fever ‘patients’.

“Bless you,” Lori said congestedly. While unable to fully comprehend it, Liz experienced the strange sensation of being observed rather than being the observer as she had intended.

Liz cleared her throat and sniffled defiantly through her uncooperatively running nose. She discreetly materialized an electronic notepad in one hand and a tissue in the other, and turned to face Lori. “Thank you,” Liz replied calmly as she dabbed dry her nose and upper lip, seeing Lori attempting to stem the flow from her own nostrils which were tinged red and covered in a thin film of clear wetness, her nose much further along in its response to her hay fever than Liz’s.

Barnes spoke to Liz over her shoulder while also looking at Lori and her sorry allergic state. “We can’t waste this opportunity,” he said excitedly. “We are so close to being able to accurately map each person’s allergic response to future pollen conditions. From there we can synthesize custom treatments with maximum effectiveness.” Barnes turned to observe Dawn and saw her sneeze a rapid, breathless triple into her cupped hands. “You gather data from Lori. I’ll try to complete the allergy mapping for Dawn.”

Liz tapped a few commands into her notepad, sniffling quietly while doing so. “Understood, doctor,” she acknowledged. Gather data - Liz’s fundamental purpose and primary objective of her programming. She enjoyed it, and she would perform her task as expected, regardless of the malfunction affecting her eyes and nose.

As she walked through pollen-tipped tufts of grass towards Lori, Liz commanded her program to administer a maximum dose of allergy medication to her simulated self. Confirming the temporary relief, Liz inhaled deeply through her cleared, itch-free nose as if daring the virtual pollen to continue its assault.

With Liz's senses now cleared, she allocated her full attention to observing and mapping Lori's allergic response. Each moment in time was a new snapshot of data. 10:13:50 - patient rubs her right eye with the knuckle of her right index finger, in a back-and-forth motion a total of 9 times. 10:15:57 - patient sniffles with airflow 93% obstructed due to nasal congestion. 10:17:61 - patient wipes her nose, nostrils tinged red and flaring 1.26 times normal size, though nasal secretion continues to flow from both nostrils at a rate of 1.4 ml/sec.

"Hello, my name is Liz," the simulated nurse offered in greeting upon coming within a couple feet of Lori.

"I'b Lori," replied her real and very miserable patient. Her nasal congestion was impenetrable and it felt like the entire center of her face was swollen with heavy, itch-inducing fluid which continuously seeped from her red, twitching nose. Liz calculated that Lori’s streaming, stuffed-up nose scored in the top 1% at her current levels, the simulated environment clearly doing much to add to the severity of her symptoms.

"Hi Lori. We are performing research to better understand allergies and how each patient responds to their own triggers and symptoms. Then we hope to be able to create treatments that maximise effectiveness for each allergy sufferer. I see tha-"

"heeAA-AASSCHHKhf!!" Lori interrupted Liz with a sudden sneeze, followed by two more that she tried to contain in her wet tissue by pressing it up to her dripping nose, her red, irritated nostrils flaring widely. "hiiEEE-IISSCHGhff!!! hehhh-... heaAAT-TCHSHHghfff!!!!"

Liz twitched her nose as she observed Lori’s sneezes. They were very productive and threatened to overflow her tissue with mucous. "I see that your hay fever is quite severe," Liz commented, attempting to obtain her patient’s own subjective account. The psychological profile was an essential component to accurately mapping her allergies.

Lori tried to clean her nose as best she could but it felt like she was simply spreading the runniness around and underneath her nose, the tissue unable to absorb anything further. She tried to sniffle it all back into her nose but her congestion severely limited the weak and wet sniffle.

"No kiddig. Especially id here!" Lori exclaimed with allergy-induced frustration. "What is this friggig’ place?" she asked looking around, seemingly disgusted by the masses of pollen everywhere. Liz made note, noticing Lori’s furrowed brow and the dark circles under her eyes - Patient shows frustration. Allergic discomfort causing mild aggression, while exhaustion and lethargy reduce it.

"It is a chamber used to provoke hay fever symptoms,” Liz explained. “After a few more minutes I will be able to fully map your allergic response and synthesize a treatment. Please endure a while longer.” The nurse spoke coolly and authoritatively, though somewhat diminished by her semi-conscious act of rubbing an itch from the corner of her right eye which watered slightly.

Lori’s breath quivered. Provoke her symptoms? Her nose crawled with itching and tingling from the ‘provocation’ evident all around her. “Hehh-.. you meahh.. you meand you cad mbake a bedicide thahh.. hhehhh!.. hheAAHH-AAHSCHHhkhh!! haa-AAGSCHHkkhh!!! … works? hihh-.. HII-IIGHSCHHKHH!!!”

Liz’s nostrils twitched and flared as a gradual, pervasive itchiness invaded her eyes and nose. She sniffled, noticing the noisy wetness now clinging to the inside of her nose. Watching Lori sneezing seemed be causing an unintended negative placebo effect. Despite the self-administered dose of antihistamines, Liz's hay fever was beginning to succumb to the pollen.

“iighh.. hihhh!.. HHIIT-CHHIIHHhh!.. ugh... huhhhh-.. HUT-CHHIUGHH!!” Lori continued to sneeze fiercely. With the tissue completely unusable, Lori tried to turn away from Liz but the observant AI nurse could still see it all in minute detail - how Lori’s circular, red nostrils flared an extra 37% in diameter before each wet, explosive sneeze; how the expelled droplets of mucous from previous sneezes now became ribbons of clear, messy snot as the runniness from her nose came gushing out, each desperate sneeze trying harder and harder to rid itself of pollen both real and imagined; how the terribly allergic girl tried to wipe the slippery, wet mess from her nose with her hands, forearms and what was left of the tissue. “HHAAA-AAKISSCHHHH!!!!” another sneeze burst out uncontrollably, releasing yet more runniness that dribbled from her red nostrils before being wiped away by her bare arm.

“Yes, a medicine that works,” Liz confirmed, squinting her itching eyes and blinking away allergic tears. “Your symptoms are very severe, Lori. It will take some time to fully map... your... ighh.. hihh-hehh-...” Liz faltered. Watching Lori in her suffering, that itchy, snotty, stuffy, debilitating misery, was causing Liz’s nose to run, her eyes to water, her breaths to hitch with the threat of itchy allergy sneezes. The white-clad nurse tried to dispel the urge by blowing gently into her tissue. Despite the delicate attempt, the puffs sounded increasingly liquid and runny - a noticeable hallmark of hay fever. Worse, the blowing did little to dispel Liz’s sneezy urge.

“ighh..” Lori’s eyes shut themselves tightly from the burning itch and the sight of pollinating plants all around her. “Oh god... hhhih-” Her face scrunched inwards, forming an intense expression of sneezy desperation. “hih-hhh-... heeehhhhhh!-” she inhaled, trembling lips curling into a wide frown, her upper lip drawn high towards her red nostrils which flared widely to 1.43 times normal size, runny allergic wetness clinging to her cheeks and nose, hands futilely holding her overused tissue 4.1 inches away. “hhuut-CHUHHhh!! HAAHT-CHIIIUuhhh!!! HHEEGT-TCHHIIUHHH!!” she sneezed, and continued to sneeze on average every 3.7 seconds.

Liz tried to finish her previous sentence, but seeing Lori sneeze so messily and uncontrollably made the allergic itch in Liz’s nose tingle, burn and grow. Her breathing shuddered, her nostrils flared and pulsed with irritated, wet sniffles. By Lori’s 11th sneeze, snot oozing from her nose and clinging to her hands and tissue, Liz could resist no longer. “hehhh... hut-TCHHiuuoo!!” she sneezed, raising a curled finger to press against the base of her nose. “ighh-IIISSCHHhhuuuooo!!” she sneezed again, spraying her finger with wetness. Liz tried sniffling back the trickle of liquid but found her nose now partially obstructed - specifically by 32%. “igh... excuse mbe,” Liz said congestedly, trying to sniffle again and noticing that mucous was now beginning to run from her nostrils to her finger. She hastily tried to compose her demeanor by once again covering her nose with her tissue and blowing into it, noticing that it was also quickly becoming damp and overused.

"Bless you," offered Lori, wet tissue clamped under her nose, barely holding the runniness and itchiness at bay for the briefest of moments. "I’b okay. I cad... I cad do this. I wandt that mbedicide. Huhh.." she sighed, her eyes half-closing and blinking rapidly as the itchy allergy sneezes threatened to return. “Ughh mby dose... Your allergies are also preddy bad, huh?” Lori asked the AI, fully convinced of Liz being a true flesh and blood human being and one also at the mercy of hay fever in the chamber’s simulated polleny hell.

Liz blew hard into her tissue before dabbing at the remaining mucous and wadding up her tissue, squeezing it into her palm. Liz willed her programming to make her nose stop running and itching despite the fact that it was beginning to redden and swell, as were her eyes. Her hay fever rejected those commands and continued to sap her willpower. “I... I’b... ighh-..” Liz raised the tissue that she had previously balled with such conviction right back up to her nose. “hihh-hehh!” she had to sneeze again. Despite stubbornly fighting the itch, she simply could not win. “hhHHIG-IIGHSCHFF!! huhh-AAHSCHKHFF!! hhhHHEEAA-AASSCHFFF!!!”

Liz’s hair flew forward as she tried to control the force of each wet sneeze, not quite stifling them but at least suppressing some of their violent, desperately itchy nature. They left her in a state much like Lori’s - tissue ball held up to her streaming nose, trying to keep the itchiness and runniness at bay, just for a while longer. She needed to continue. She would fight this ridiculous hay fever malfunction. "I’b fide. Ndever mbide mbe.”

She obviously wasn’t fine. And though Liz knew it, she wouldn’t admit it. Not to herself, and not to her patient.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is part 6.5 - a continuation of the last part, and still the same scene so not quite fully part 7 yet (which will feature Dawn and the doctor one more, and last, time).

---

Liz sniffled, startled by her own congestion. Focus. Liz still had a duty to perform; to complete the mapping of her patient Lori’s physical and psychological response to the allergy-provoking simulation surrounding her. Liz needed to focus. “Lori, I ndeed you to... Hehh-" Liz hitched her breath halfway through her sentence, then cleared her throat as she swiped an allergic tear from the corner of her eye and sniffled again wetly. It was clear her programmed instructions to stem her hay fever symptoms had failed. "To describe your symptobs. How do you feel?" Itchy. Runny. Distracted. Embarrassed. That was how Liz’s own growing allergy attack was making her feel.

Lori furrowed her brow and spoke congestedly, tissue pressed under her nose, barely holding the sneezes and runniness inside and the pollen outside. "Look at mbe. I... Hehh... I feel mbiserable. Ighh.. Hihh-hih-..." The sneezes were returning. Liz saw the petite asian press her tissue against her nose harder, and concluded that Lori would lose her struggle shortly.

Liz cleared her throat again. "How would you rate your kahh-..” her nostrils flared as the AI briefly lost control before composing herself. “Concentration? Where does it itch?" she asked, acutely aware of the frustratingly aggressive itchiness in her own eyes and nose. She pinched her nose hard, making it redder and seemingly even runnier on the inside. Liz knew her work would only take a little longer. She tapped a few hurried commands onto her notepad. Just a little longer. Then she could sniffle, and sneeze, and blow all she needed. Not a moment sooner.

"Ihtches... Ehh-.. Ehverywhere.." replied Lori, the urge to sneeze seizing more and more control of her actions. "It hihhtches. Mby.. Mby ndose.. Hehhh.. HHEEAAASCHhhkh!!" Lori pressed the tissue ball hard against her exploding nostrils, though Liz could still see how red and flared they had become. "hhiiiiIIISCCHHKH!!! Huhhh... hhiiIIIEESSCHHHKKH!!!" Lori screamed her relentlessly itchy, messy sneezes, waving at the trees, the flowers, the grass, the weeds, trying to shrink away from her pollinating attackers. "I... I cand't stop-... hiiighhh-IIIGGHHSSSHHHKKHH!!! iiiIIIGGHH-IIISCHHKHH!!! Stop sndeezig! Huhh... Hehhh-haaahh!! -"

Liz saw Lori pull her tissue ball from her nose, unblocking a torrent of mucus that immediately streamed down from her quivering nostrils and clung in a sheet against what was left of the tissue. "hahh-hahhhh-Huahhh-" Lori hurriedly tried to unfold the tissue in the hope of releasing her miserably allergic sneezes and all that mortifying mucus into it. The sight affected Liz by causing a stream of runniness to also flow from her nose, amplifying her own sneeziness. Hay fever misery. Despite her best efforts to hold it at bay, she was starting to share in the feeling.

"hihh-hehhh-hahh-HHHIIEAAAHSCHHKHHH!!! HIIEEIIHSCHHKHH!!! HIIHHIIIESCHHKKHH!!! HHIIAAAARSCHKKHUUU!!!!" Lori sneezed and sneezed, unable to expel the itch no matter how forcefully or wetly her nose exploded. Her hands became a mess of shredded, soaked tissue and uncontained nasal discharge. "Pehh.. Please I... I ndeed a new tissue!"

Liz tried to reply, knowing that her tissues could only work on her own holographic form, but succumbed to a fit of intensely itchy sneezing as well. Liz felt self-conscious. Unable to control her need to sneeze, she raised the tissue clump that she had all but discarded and struggled to appear professional, holding the damp white ball to her red, flaring nostrils. "hehh-.. hiigh-HIIIESCCHhhff!! Oh I... Hehh.. I'm sorry but I... I cand't... hihhh!.. hhhHHIIIEEIISSCHFF!!". Liz desperately tried not to spray. Her nose had become so runny.

Out of patience and out of tissues, Lori doubled over from her sneezes, thickly spraying watery snot in all directions including down onto her tank top, making the thin purple fabric dark with moisture. "HHIIGGHIIISSCHKKH!!! I ndeed to blow mby ndose! I... HHAAHAASSCHKKHH!!!! I ndeed to get out of here! Iggnh-.. IIIGGNIIHISSCCHKHH!!!!" Lori resorted to blowing her overflowing nose into her bare hand, the gushing liquid sound rich with irritation and desperation.

"You... Hehh.. You don't... Iiighh... Say..." Liz was unable to structure a response. Her allergy simulation had assumed full control. She turned her back to Lori, disdainfully unfolded her tissue ball enough to fit her trembling nose into it, and sneezed "hhHHUURRUUSCHHHFFF!!!". Like Lori, Liz also doubled over, the force of the itchy sneeze shooting her pollen-dusted hair forward and her curved rear backwards. “.... hhERRIIISSCCHHFFF!!!” she sneezed again, bending over further. “HHHIIGGHIIISSCHHFFF!!!!” and again, bending further still, the force of the sneeze enough to make her knees buckle slightly and her whole body convulse.

"ughhh..." Straightening herself with a sigh, Liz blew hard into her last usable remnant of tissue, alternating nostrils left and right, almost massaging them while blowing and noticing that the sound had gotten nearly as liquid as Lori's, which was saying a lot.

Lori paid no attention to the AI nurse, lost in her terrible allergy attack. “huhh-.. hehh-heghhh- ighh..” with her eyes closed yet still flowing with tears, she desperately wanted to stop sneezing though the itch teased and tortured her nose. Liz turned back to face her patient, watching and deeming it safe to materialize a fresh tissue in hand and dab at the messy runniness accumulating under her reddened nose. She alternated between tapping commands onto her notepad and bringing her tissue to her nose to wipe or blow as discreetly as possible. While the sensation of a fresh tissue was momentarily heavenly, Liz’s computational thoughts tried to keep up as they became increasingly overwhelmed by hay fever.

Mapping at 99.98% complete. Patient is struck with a desperate urge to sneeze. Nostrils remain deep-red and flaring between 1.36 to 1.45 times normal size. Mucus draining from both nostrils at an increased rate of 3.2 ml/sec and flowing freely down her lip. “hehh-huuhhh-... ugh...” patient sniffles thickly, 84% obstructed, as urge to sneeze partially subsides. Concentration and self-consciousness is all but non-existent, leaving patient incapacitated. Patient opens eyes briefly before shutting again, urge to sneeze returning. “hehh-hahhhhh!-” Patient does not raise tissue or hands to nose, preferring to sneeze freely.

Liz’s attention was broken by the resurgent urge to sneeze attacking her own nose. “hehh..” she hitched as her nostrils trembled and ran, joining Lori though the AI continued attempting to map her patient’s allergy attack while stubbornly fighting her own. “igh..” Pa-... patient rears her head back, urge.. urge to sneeze... “hih-heh-hahhh!-..” snee-.. urge to.. sneeze! “heaahh-IIIH-HIIISSCHHhh!! HII-IISSCHHHH!!! HIITIISSCCHHHHUUUuuooo!!!” Error. Mapping interrupted. Data... lost... ugh, so itchy. So runny. Need to blow nose!

Liz wrapped her fresh virtual tissue around her red, wet nose and blew liquidly and forcefully into its white folds. Meanwhile, lost in her intense suffering, Lori exploded with an enormously wet sneeze, barely noticed by Liz. “HHHHEEG-GEEAASCHHHHHH!!!!” her nose finally released its tortured buildup, unabashedly expelling a mass of clear, thick mucus that coated her nose, mouth and chin. Within moments, even more burst out. “HHEAAH-AAAARSSSCHHHH!!!!” Liz knew that Lori’s allergy attack was reaching a new apex. She had to observe. She had to overcome her own hay fever. She also had to sneeze.

“huhh.. ughh.. hhHHH-HHIHH-EEAASSCHHHhh!!” Error. Antihistamine effectiveness at 0.42%. Itchy. Snee-.. sneezy! “hhhHH-IIIRRSSSCCHFFFff!” Covering nose with tissue. Pollen. Too much pollen. Caution. Error in holo-chamber subroutine. Allergenic pollen mixture 55AE being released in chamber. Ahh.. attempting to over..ride.. “hhAAAAA-AAATSSCHHUUFFFfff!!!” override failed. Systems failing. Hay fever simulation overtaking all processing cores. Must... complete... rehh-... research. 99.99% complete. “IIGGHHHIISSCHHFFFFUUhh!!!”

Liz blew her nose again, which had now filled completely with mucus. She rubbed her itchy, bleary eyes and sniffled, her sore, scarlet nostrils flaring widely but congestion obstructed the sniffle and runniness continued to dribble down her upper lip. The AI nurse in white looked convincingly miserable, brown hair disheveled, eyes and nose reddened, wet and swollen from hay fever. There was no hiding it. Yes, she had severe hay fever. Yes, she looked like hell. Accept it. Finish your job. That’s all there is. For Doctor Barnes. “Lori, I... heh... I ndeed you to describe... hiehh-... excuse... mbe!.. HHHEE-IIEEEASSCCHHuuhh!! ughhh..” Liz sighed as mucus hung from her glistening nose. After attempting a weak, congested sniffle, she placed her notepad under her arm and pressed her damp tissue clump to her streaming nostrils and rubbed hard against her itchy left eye. For some reason it made the itch in her nose flare right back. She held the tissue in place, her dripping nose now completely rampant with hay fever. “Describe how the endvirodmedt affects you. Describe... how... how you... oh goh-IIIGGHIISSSCCHHHHFFF!!!” The AI nurse trembled violently from her itchy sneezes, succumbing to hay fever just as much as her patient. Through the process of mapping Lori’s allergies, Liz’s own allergies ran out of control in the simulated lush environment where now both virtual and real pollen swirled in the air, ignorant to both their misery.

Error. Mapping interrupted. Error. Patient being affected by newly introduced pollen. Re-baselining calculations. Pollen. Allergy. Sneeze. Must... sneeze! “iiIIAAASSSCHHUUFFFF!!!” Error. Calculating pollen count. Pollen... count... “ighh... so mbuch poh... pollend! heeghh-... hhhHHIII-IIISSCHHUUU!!! HIIGGIISSCHUUUUUU!!!! HHEEAAYYEASCCHHUUUHH!!!!” As much as Liz wanted to continue her work, she resigned herself to her terrible, relentless, incredibly severe hay fever. It had corrupted her entire programming. All processing cores were overcome by the need to inflict her with forced looping routines of endless, crippling, all-consuming itching, running, sniffling, rubbing, blowing, “hhHHHIIE-GIIISSSCCHHHUUUU!!!!” and violent, uncontrollable, messy sneezing. As with Lori, Liz’s concentration had all but disappeared. There was only suffering.

The holo-chamber began flickering, the shapes and colors of pollinating plants becoming disrupted as Liz could no longer allocate processing power to maintain the simulation. She felt exhausted and faint. All she could do was materialize a large white handkerchief, unceremoniously drop her used tissues and notepad, and fall to her knees on the grass-covered ground, tending to her itchy, drippy eyes and nose. “hehh-hahh-.. hiehh-..” she flared her large, deep-red nostrils for yet another sneeze, pollen-tipped grass and weeds waving all around her. Liz felt as if all the pollen in the room was being directed straight into her nose as she inhaled through her congestion, “hihh-.. hhhHAAAAH!-” only to violently sneeze the air straight back out, expelling drops and ribbons of messy spray. “hhHHAAA-AAASCCHHUU!!!”

Liz felt worse than she ever had before, her symptoms scoring levels more severe than any patient she had ever studied. She finally understood. Through the cascading error in her programming, she had incorporated into her own simulated self each symptom from the highest scoring individuals. Her wet nostrils streamed as much as she had ever seen anyone's nose run. Her nasal congestion was as impenetrable as the most blocked nose. Her eyes itched and watered, matching the most irritated eyes. And her violent hay fever sneezes were the most frequent and itchiest in her entire recorded library. "Huhh.. Haaah!-... HhhHHHHAA-AAAHSCHHUUUUH!!!!"

The holo-chamber door materialized as Liz held her white handkerchief to muffle her next round of itchy, wet sneezes. “hhhHIEESSCHHFfff!!... huhh-.. heeAAASSCHHHFff!!... huhhhh... hhh-HEEGHSCHHHFff!!...” Snot sprayed into the handkerchief with each sneeze, filling it with the warm, liquid output of her lost battle against the innumerable grains of pollen in her nose and all around her. The AI felt utterly defeated, sitting in a patch of tall, pollen-spewing grass and weeds, unable to continue her research, unable to do anything other than suffer. She raised a hand to rub her aching head, her watery eyes, her dripping nose. Despite all her efforts, all her failsafe protections, Liz was at the mercy of her hay fever, just like all the patients she had observed and studied.

Through her sneezing and blowing Liz heard a voice. “Oh thank god!” Lori exclaimed, though to Liz it sounded distant and irrelevant. Trying to see through her bleary, itching eyes, Liz observed her patient run desperately towards the exit, occasionally stumbling due to harsh sneezing.

“Ndo... waidt... hhIHH!-.. HHHIIY-IIESSSCHHFF!!!” Liz tried to call out, unable to quell her desire to complete her research, fulfill her objective. Instead, her plaintive call sounded tired and weak before being cut off completely by yet another violently messy allergy sneeze barely contained by the white handkerchief pressed tightly against the lower half of her face. She blew her itchy, pollen-and-mucus-filled nose and winced as her sore nostrils produced exhausted, liquid, gurgling puffs. Her nose emerged the reddest it had ever been, swollen, glistening and quivering with an undefeatable urge to sneeze.

“Doc..Doctor... hhhIIH-IISSHHHFF!! IIII-IIIGHSSCHFF!! Doctor Bards...” Liz tried calling for help as she saw the blurry image of her colleague, her creator, her friend hastily take Dawn’s hand and lead them both through the flickering exit, following Lori who had already fled. “HHEEAA-AAASCCHHUUU!!!” Liz sneezed openly, spraying ribbons of snot as the simulation continued to degrade around her. The exit doors slid shut.

She felt alone, scared and still so, so miserable. She collapsed onto her side, continuing to convulse with messy, pitiful sneezes. “HEEGHH-EEASCHHUUU!!!” her holographic form also began fading, flickering and distorting. Liz curled up, holding her arms close to her rapidly pulsing chest, her white uniform top wet with her own mucous. “HHHIIIG-NGIIIISSCHHHUUU!!! uhhh...” she sighed and sniffled thickly, gathering strength for just a few more words. “hahh-hehh-... Doctor... hehh-... HIIHH-... Heh-..Help... mbe... heee!-hih.. hhhhHHHHH!- HHEEGGHH-IIEEASCCCHHHHH!!!!” With that last violent, unrestrained sneeze, Liz’s ornamental silver chain necklace snapped and fell from her neck. The necklace, her body, and the entire simulation around her dissolved, plunging the chamber into pitch-black darkness. Only the echo of her final desperate sneeze remained until even that eventually faded away.

Don't worry, Nicolias! Liz isn't gone. We will see her again soon, though she may be different from what we've seen so far...

Don't worry, Nicolias! Liz isn't gone. We will see her again soon, though she may be different from what we've seen so far...

whoo *pant pant* I've been worrying about this one *grin* I love your stories! have you written any others?

Archived