• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Garnet

• Dye

• fufufufu

• VividBubbles!

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!! Thank you so much you guys! I have been wanting to delurk for a while and finishing that story was a really good excuse!

Oh my goodness. Allergic!Bruce may just be my new favorite thing! wub.png

Yesssss I seriously could read about allergic!Bruce until the end of time. I like to think he also gets sneezy if he wakes up in rubble and there's lots of dust floating around.

<3 lovelovelove. I love Bruce's stifles drool.gif

He's so shy in the movie it just seems like he would try to hold it back, even when the poor guy so totally can't biggrin.png

Mnnghh. Dear god that was delicious~

Oh Bruce. Brucey Bruce Bruce. <3

Ugh. I just wanna like, shove all allergens ever into his face.

You see what you do to me?

MAKE ME HORRIBLY SADISTIC, THAT'S WHAT.

But I love every post on this thread so much, I don't even care anymore~ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh Bruce. Brucey Bruce Bruce. <3 Ugh. I just wanna like, shove all allergens ever into his face.

OMG YOU AND ME BOTH. Poor Bruce in sneezy torment, not knowing what hit him...

• 1 month later...

I agree! More Avengers more Avengers more Avengers!

Please? :wub:

I might be willing to do some Thor since I just watched Cabin in the Woods, but only if you like...

you guys like?

/and yes it would be thorki/

I WOULD LIKE!!!

:blush: I mean, ehem, I would like some Thorki. Um, yeah. :wub:

Yay~

The thread's back! <3

I might write something, but I'm not sure...

*Still has other writing projects to work on*

*Doesn't care*

Okay guys~ I have a four day weekend coming up~

I know I'm posting really late and a long time later -.-

Talent show coming up, regionals, and so much schoolwork~ sorry :(

Plus my my physical therapist is a meaniepants who won't let me spend any time doing anything except for excercising my chest muscles, which is not exactly fun/comfortable....

wahh wahh wahh I wine. But I don't have physical therapy for those days cause the jerkface is going on a trip with his family~ so I'll definitely be posting then~

Yay, this thread! I missed it. I have a night off from RPing, so I pulled up an old drabble/beginning of a fic that I started but didn't finish. I got it to a breaking point, but will probably do the rest of the night in a series of drabble follow-ups (mostly because I don't feel like committing to the idea of a whole actual story just now).

Tony/Pepper because I love them :| Enjoy what I've got so far!

26. Suspicion --

"Date night."

Tony reeled his gaze up slowly from the tablet he'd using to poke at a complicated-looking schematic. He fixated instead on Pepper looming over him, arms akimbo and brooking no argument.

"Date night?"

She nodded once, mute.

"Right. Was this, uh..." He chose his words carefully, evidently anxious that he'd made plans and then promptly forgotten them. "Preconceived?"

Pepper smirked. "Yes, by me. Half an hour ago."

Relief softened Tony's features as he closed the diagram and tossed the tablet aside onto the couch cushions. "Well, great then! I love date night. Where are we date nighting to?"

"Dinner, Italian," she provided, holding out her arms when he stretched and stood. Tony went into them with a little noise of appreciation.

"You know me too well."

"Yes, I do," Pepper agreed, and pecked a kiss at the corner of his mouth. He had a heavy shot of Italian in him from his mother's side, and though she'd never asked, he almost always seemed in a better mood over pasta and wine than anything else. "Reservations are at eight."

Tony chuckled. "Who's taking who out?" As he leaned back for more, however, Pepper pushed him off and left him blinking in mingled surprised and arousal. He could try to pretend otherwise, but he liked it when she played hard-to-get at random intervals. It made the game of their relationship interesting. Tony Stark was a man who self-destructed when he was bored, and usually in the most spectacularly disastrous ways.

"I'm taking you out," she informed him primly, then edged around the coffee table before he could make another pass, her eyes glinting with ill-contained humor. "But you still have to sweep me off my feet if you want to get to the really good parts."

Tony rubbed his thumb and fingertips together, as if savoring some imaginary texture, and reflected her look. "Challenge accepted."

"Good. I'm picking you up at seven thirty, don't be late or I'll take Bruce instead and probably have a much better time."

"Love you too, Pep," he grinned after her as she swept from the room.

By the time she checked in at seven fifteen, Pepper was pleasantly relieved to find him pressed and groomed and ready. Small miracles. Even years later, she was still a bit impressed by the physical transition between his personas. A grungy gearhead tinkering away at complicated robotics with oil-stained fingers, and then the media poster child for style and over-indulgence alike, exuding charm like others might carbon dioxide and wearing razor-hemmed suits like he was born into them. And then there was Iron Man, something different altogether.

She was more pleased to see him hovering between the first two, human and tangible.

"Good boy," Pepper praised, and gave him a tame but lingering kiss to the mouth.

"Mhnn, you look great," Tony sighed in appreciation, fingering the strap of her dress. It was a plain but flatteringly cut line, an understated French grey with a suggestion of satin sheen to it. Just as he tended to favor the flash of reds and polished golds against black, Pepper made her statement with cooler greys and blues and three inch stilettos.

"Great?" She lifted her jaw with a teasing smile, unashamedly fishing.

"Beautiful, stunning, ravishing. I could throw you against the wall and---"

"I get it, Romeo," Pepper laughed finally, but she let him kiss just beneath her ear and draw an appreciative breath of her perfume.

"And you smell great. Is that new?"

"New to you," she agreed, cutting him a shy sidelong glance. "It's good?"

"Mm, very good," Tony confirmed, touching the tip of his nose behind her jaw again in a way that made an entirely different kind of shiver ripple down her spine. With slightly greater effort, Pepper pushed him away, smiling wryly.

"Not that I mind standing around being appreciated all night, but we should get going." When Tony stepped back, however, he wore a distant, vaguely annoyed expression, as if focused on some invisible point of irritation. "...boss? You okay?"

He shook it off quickly, whatever it was, and came back to her with a smile. "Ship shape. Waiting on you, Pep," he accused lightly, and breezed ahead. She huffed a sigh, but strode after him with the staccato click of heels preceding her.

She fully intended to keep him at arm's length in the back of the car, but five minutes in, Hogan raised the privacy divider with a knowing roll of his eyes. Then Tony's hand was on her leg and her tongue was in his mouth, and they were making out like teenagers in the backseat, flushed and unashamed. They kept at it for a few long minutes, Tony's mouth occasionally moving over her neck and her fingers twisting in his hair until suddenly, he pulled away. Pepper nearly groaned aloud, and if he was turning the tables on her now, she was going to kill him. Slitting her eyes open only revealed her boyfriend with that same hazy, distracted expression from earlier.

Briefly, she thought it might be the blood rushing to his head (or rather, away from it), but a slow scrunch of his nose and and peevish sigh dismissed that notion.

"Tony?"

"M'fine," he said immediately, shaking his head once to clear it. It seemed only partially successful.

"Yeah, you only say that when something is seriously wrong. What's the matter?" Hackles already up with worry, Pepper started a hand towards his chest and the concealed hum of the arc reactor beneath. Was it him? Was it her?

Tony caught her hand with a laugh, before it could complete the circuit. "Nothing, I promise. I just have to..." Hesitation came over him again, a frozen pause and then a slow release of her hand. Pepper stared, and was about to demand some serious, no-fucking-around-with-me answers when he put the back of his wrist to his nose and turned sharply away to sneeze.

"H--ISSH!" He stayed bent, brows steepled and nose pressed to the projection of his wrist. After a beat, he inhaled audibly and nodded hard for a customary second, "Heh-ISSH! ...ugh, finally."

Tony sighed, features smoothing in relief as he picked his head back up and preened himself back into place. "I've had to do that for about twenty minutes now, it was driving me nuts."

She breathed an unabashed sigh of relief. "A sneeze? Jesus, Tony, don't scare me like that. Bless you."

"I said I was fine! You overreact," he protested, smirking even as he drew a hand back to scrub at his nose. Now that the jig was up, he indulged in a long few moments of itching, to no apparent avail. Whatever was bothering him clearly hadn't been entirely dismissed.

"Pot, kettle," Pepper snorted, and leaned back to survey his minor maladies. He was usually good at downplaying indignities like these, a skill gleaned from a lifetime of being in the media limelight, but it was nice to see him fail on a non-catastrophic level for once. Especially like this. She had her... reasons. "Not getting a cold, are you?"

"Nah. Just a fluke."

She eyed him dubiously, then put a hand to his knee as he switched to rubbing at his eyes, their groping forgotten. "Doesn't look like a fluke."

"Just got this weird itch, I can't..." Tony trailed off again, the dark glint of his eyes slivering open as his hands lowered to a loose cup. "--hh!" Just as quickly, they went back around his nose as he seized up tightly. "H- IFSSH-u! Ah. Can't reach it." He sniffled with a decidedly wet edge, then grimaced. "Sorry, that's gross."

"Heard worse," Pepper waved it off, then drew her purse close to dig through its contents for a moment. With some shuffling, she came upon a little travel pack of tissue and offered it across. "Here, maybe once you get some fresh air." Fresh by New York standards, anyway.

Tony eyed the tissues reluctantly, but took them from her. Satisfied, Pepper rolled down the windows a few inches while he tucked his head down and away, blowing his nose. He recovered, sniffed experimentally, but seemed alright.

"Huh, s'okay now. That was weird. Where were we?"

The little interruption might have put some women off, but Pepper was going to some effort not to squirm in her seat as she held out an arm to him. "Something like this, I think. Your tongue was going places."

"Right, so it was."

Pepper tipped her jaw up approvingly at the familiar rasp of his beard against her throat, framing where lips warmly pressed. Her fingers curled over his arm and into his hair again, holding him in place. As he moved back up to the soft spot just behind and beneath her ear, however, Tony went rigid in her arms with the sharp suction of inhale.

"hh-! H'ISSHu!"

The sneeze surprised them both, judging by the crossfire of spray against her arm as he tried to turn away. Pepper swallowed, while Tony cringed.

"Jesus, sorry Pep, didn't even feel that..." His eyes closed, helplessly, but he got the crook of an arm up in time. "--H'ISSHu! ... hih-ISSH'u!"

Her throat rippled with a swallow, and she felt a bit airy and weightless, as if she'd had a glass of wine on an empty stomach. "Tony... god bless you."

"Tha--..." He tried to get his eyes open, wet black slivers like shards of polished obsidian in the dim light of the car. Just as quickly, they shut as his features wrinkled again. "--ISSH!"

"Blow," she ordered, and he complied, skin a few telling shades darker. Maybe he wasn't sick, but this was worrying nonetheless. "Still itchy?"

Tony lowered the tissues with a sigh and folded them over into a neatly packeted bundle. She hadn't noticed it before, but Pepper could see clearly now the way his eyes were gently rimmed with pink, glistening against the fresh gloss of irritated tears. "Kind of. S'better."

"We can go home," she said, decisively despite being unable to conceal the regret in her voice. Her hand went for the intercom to alert Happy, but Tony caught it mid-way.

"No! I'll be fine, Pep," he insisted, cupping her hands between his in that earnest way he adopted whenever he was trying to wheedle something out of her. It usually worked, the manipulative bastard. "...also, no more sneezing on you, promise."

Pepper sighed but caved, reaching up to brush away single tear gathered at the corner of his eye. It wetted her thumb and she trailed the touch into his hair, her own subtle form of manipulation. There was very little protest he could offer when she was running her nails through his hair, it was a distinct and familiar weakness. She probably could have gotten him to sign over the entirety of his assets while purring and groaning in her lap, if she'd wanted to.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, champ."

His nose twitched gently at the tip, a little circling motion, but he made a throaty sound to the negative. "Scout's honor."

"Okay, you were definitely never a boyscout," she found herself grinning. "Although I will now cherish that visual."

His eyes crinkled as he smiled, the dramatic creases she loved so much. Damn him. "Yeah, probably more appealing than the actual history. Remind me to never let you see my yearbook photos."

He kept her distracted thus, swept up in his charisma and smooth chatter, and there were no further incidents until they reached the restaurant.

Gah! You give us perfect allergic!Tony and lovely amazing Pepper and leave us with " there were no further incidents until they reached the restaurant" ?!

Garnet, YOU TEASE! ;)

This was just so very lovely! You have their dynamic down SO well.

OH HECK YES <3

GARNET~~

*w* MADE MY NIGHT. MADE MY NIGHT A MILLION TIMES <3

I love your writing. And allergies are SO hawt when you use them in your work <3 <3

I'll be looking for more if you decide to post any~

Love to read anything you write <3

AAAHHHHH!!!! TONY!!!! ALLERGIC!!!!! Heh, this was hot and smart. In every right/wrong way possible. <3

*explodes*

:wub:

Tony. :heart:

More please.

bye. :heart::wub::heart:

:eek:

good LORD, Garnet you just made my morning!!! :yes:

thanks to wlan and a new cellphone i was able to read your drabble in bed!!! sick as i am *sniff* i need to stay in bed since monday :cry:

but your drabble just conjured a smile on my face ^_^

thanks again!

please more! :wub: