Sneeze Fetish Forum

Voice Meme!

VoOs

While I've been inactive on the forum I find this really cool and I'm super enjoying listening to you people talk. It adds so much more life to user names to have a voice behind them.

So while I've been a bad member of the forum recently, here's my contribution: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1rXtG2DYuR3

Please excuse that I sound breathless for some reason and the fact that I apparently lose the ability to read when faced with a mic. XD;

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, well, I may have chickened out of the questions a bit... but... I did do question 11. So uhm... yes... cookies for those who guess which book it is before the obvious hint? bag.gif

Have at thee... bleh.gif

VoicememeBook.wmv

This is driving me nutty... it totally sounds like Douglas Adams, but... I almost positive that it isn't "The Hitchhiker's Guide"..... hmmmm....

Oh... and @ Petals and Thorns... awwww!! Your's was cute and fun. And Now I want to know what book you read. I actually wish that I was an "accent shifter" :blushing: Yes, really.

Apparently, I have a "Spoo accent"

A what? :laugh:

Your voice is so cute, Bubbles~ :heart:

:lol: Yeah, I don't even know.

And thank you. :) I like yours too. :wub:

Joal...OMG...your accent.... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Thanks Iceeee! You sound great too!

<3

OMG!!!! You all have amazing voices! It's so weird hearing you all!! I'm slightly obsessed with accents so hearing the variety on here is great! Ugh I'm so tempted to do this but I know I'll get paranoid. Is that Vocaroo thing safe? I don't think many of you will understand my dialect and things considering I'm from Wales and my accent makes me sound "thick" apparently. I think I'll wait and see how many other people are brave enough :P

you´ve got a NICE voice blushing.gif and the german was REALLY perfect spoke yes.gif

Thank you! :blush: That's very kind. :D

but why do you listen to german music and read german?

I did my undergraduate degree in German language and literature :D I should hope after six years and 32,000-odd dollars, I'd at least be able to reel off a few lines of Hegel, hehe. :lol:

Also... because German is AWESOME. :D

Oh... and @ Petals and Thorns... awwww!! Your's was cute and fun. And Now I want to know what book you read. I actually wish that I was an "accent shifter" Yes, really.

^///^ Thank you~! ^^ The book I was reading is actually the last in a series. It's called "Silver On The Tree" from "The Dark Is Rising" series by Susan Cooper. I read it for the first time many years ago and it was one of my favourites for a pretty long time.

I honestly wish I could fully shift accent too. Mostly I just shift intonation, stress and some sounds get shifted around to different spots of the mouth. If I could pick up the ability to consistently do a full accent I'd be extremely happy too. XD

Also, I would just like to add how lovely it is to hear people reading in other languages. I hope I'll be able to do that someday~.

Okay...if this doesn't work...then...idk. Add me to the list of people who are technlolgically inept. tonguesmiley.gif It's a pretty good recording, but maybe a little echoey, and you can hear it whenever I click on my computer/scroll with my browser. But enough complaints! Here's the link http://vocaroo.com/i/s1hdOS9K05FT

Edited to add - Jesus, how I could have gone on for about 8 minutes is beyond me! If anyone can actually get to the end of the recording, thanks for listening to my ramblings!

Everyone's voices are so awesome! I loved listening to all of you talk about what you liked, and your own little speech quirks! Don't anyone be remotely embarrased - I didn't hear anything I would describe as "bad" in the slightest.

Anyway, here's mine: http://www.mediafire...b4hcrmy8ea6knwg

Complete with Swidish äccent and all. cool.png (I apologize for the buzzing background noise, my mic is kinda crap)

I have to say, I love your Swidish accent. :) Your voice is lovely too.

This is a cool idea! biggrin.png Soooo... here goes silly!

Pig, your accent and voice is also very cool! I guess I really like the Scandnavian accents! (And can I just point out, specifically, how much I enjoy your pronunciation of "youtube"? I just loved that.)

Anyway.... my voice is just.... total bleh. But... we'll try.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1i2EkWNQTGm

Yes- I totally "waffle" and I talk really slowly. tonguesmiley.giftonguesmiley.gifbag.gif

tma, your voice is totally NOT bleh! I loved your voice...it's really pretty. And as much as I love hearing all the accents that are so drastically different than mine, it was also kind of cool to click on your recording and hear someone who sounded like me! New York State represent! XD

@ sneezedreamer blushing.gif

Thanks!

Yay for Upstate NY!! You've got to love how we automatically say "Upstate" to distinguish. wink.png

Oh my gosh... it is scary how many things we have in common- the cooking (love making calzones- haven't made the type that you did- sounds SO yummy!!), and the fairy tale thing (I actually wub.png Once Upon a Time as well). And I'm *All* about the cheap theaters, am similar with the movies *I like the "thinky" ones (lol!). I've SO got to either pm you or try to catch you in chat- I'm sure that we could "geek" on lots of stuff. *grins*

OMG!!!! You all have amazing voices! It's so weird hearing you all!! I'm slightly obsessed with accents so hearing the variety on here is great! Ugh I'm so tempted to do this but I know I'll get paranoid. Is that Vocaroo thing safe? I don't think many of you will understand my dialect and things considering I'm from Wales and my accent makes me sound "thick" apparently. I think I'll wait and see how many other people are brave enough tonguesmiley.gif

Do it!! I've been able to understand "thick" UK accents, and I rather like it. *grins* So long as the person doesn't talk Too fast because it might take me a minute to "adjust" my ears. **Heard a Geordie accent and with the speed they were going I missed the very first part because I had to "adjust", but... I did it. (Whoo Hoo!! - ok... it's silly that I'm proud of that, but... :blushing:**

Anyway- Do it!!

@ Giant Steps.... awww!! *grins* And yay for green peppers.

Supposedly Glasgow is one of the "hard" UK accents, but either 1) I'm weird (ok... yeah I am... :bleh: ) and/or 2) Your enunciation is good, but I could understand you completely.

And I think that you have a lovely voice- I personally like the whole sort of "melodic" thing with Scots accents. Anyway.... :ninja:

As not promised!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0BUOP7ph3sx

Hope you can understand me okay between the shitty mic and my constant mumbling!

And here's your list of Glasgow slang that I couldn't be bothered going over in the recording. tonguesmiley.gif

http://glasgow.gmdesign.org.uk/

Oh, Jesus. I'm melting. You could read the phonebook or the dictionary and I'd still love the sound of your voice/accent. Thanks for sharing!

OMG!!!! You all have amazing voices! It's so weird hearing you all!! I'm slightly obsessed with accents so hearing the variety on here is great! Ugh I'm so tempted to do this but I know I'll get paranoid. Is that Vocaroo thing safe? I don't think many of you will understand my dialect and things considering I'm from Wales and my accent makes me sound "thick" apparently. I think I'll wait and see how many other people are brave enough tonguesmiley.gif

I think you should totally do it! The Vocaroo thing seems safe enough to me, and you don't even have to download anything to record/listen, which is cool. Plus, I love Irish/UK accents so much and I really want to hear yours!

Supposedly Glasgow is one of the "hard" UK accents, but either 1) I'm weird (ok... yeah I am... bleh.gif ) and/or 2) Your enunciation is good, but I could understand you completely.

And I think that you have a lovely voice- I personally like the whole sort of "melodic" thing with Scots accents. Anyway.... ninja.gif

I luuurve Scottish accents and north English accents in particular! It's kind of funny...I'm totally obsessed with the actor Robert Carlyle, who's also Glaswegian, and when he lapses back into his "normal" accent (not trying to "tone it down" for a tv or movie role) during interviews, some of my friends claim they have a hard time understanding him. Honestly, I have no idea why! It could very well have something to do with the fact that I've seen almost every Carlyle role, ever, but I really don't think the Glaswegian accent is THAT difficult to understand, assuming people enunciate clearly enough. We have accents here in the US that I struggle to understand far more...rural Louisana, for example (nothing against their accent, I just struggle with it).

Oh, and tma, we totally need to do some "geeking out" together since we have so much in common! If I don't see you on chat soon, feel free to send me a PM!

As not promised!

Hope you can understand me okay between the shitty mic and my constant mumbling!

And here's your list of Glasgow slang that I couldn't be bothered going over in the recording. tonguesmiley.gif

Oh, Jesus. I'm melting. You could read the phonebook or the dictionary and I'd still love the sound of your voice/accent. Thanks for sharing!

Agree with Spoo. Like I said, I'm totally biased towards Glaswegian accents, but I just loved your recording! And I do think any difficulty people might have understanding you (there were a few words I missed, but I got the gist of everything you said) is probably related to your mic.

As not promised!

You know, a dictionary was actually the closest book to me, but I didn't want to spoil the ending. biggrinsmiley.gif

Supposedly Glasgow is one of the "hard" UK accents, but either 1) I'm weird (ok... yeah I am... bleh.gif ) and/or 2) Your enunciation is good, but I could understand you completely.

And I think that you have a lovely voice- I personally like the whole sort of "melodic" thing with Scots accents. Anyway.... ninja.gif

I luuurve Scottish accents and north English accents in particular! It's kind of funny...I'm totally obsessed with the actor Robert Carlyle, who's also Glaswegian, and when he lapses back into his "normal" accent (not trying to "tone it down" for a tv or movie role) during interviews, some of my friends claim they have a hard time understanding him. Honestly, I have no idea why! It could very well have something to do with the fact that I've seen almost every Carlyle role, ever, but I really don't think the Glaswegian accent is THAT difficult to understand, assuming people enunciate clearly enough.

Haha, well I guess it helps if you've had a little practice! Bob Carlyle's pretty cool, I think I was on Stargate mode during that recording too, though! He probably gets slagged off for that when he gets back home. tongue.png

Well, I'm real glad you can all understand me okay. I was trying to be quite clear but like you say, there's only so much my mic can handle.

Oh, and g123, can you speak any Welsh? I'll bet most here have never heard that!

Archived