• Created
  • Last Reply

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

THIS IS AWESOME

YOU WRITE BEAUTIFULLY

AND PERCY, I SEE HIM IN A TOTALLY NEW LIGHT

I. MUST. READ. THE SERIES.

OIFSOIFUSAFOIAUJAOIF

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL I'M GONNA REREAD IT.

I can't wait for more! :DDDD

I am so sorry, insane week. I've been sick myself, so not much creative juices flowing. I am so glad you guys like it, and I'm sorry if you were watching this and you got your hopes up and now it's not more story...etc. I am. I'm sorry. I need help though. Time for interaction,

Do you want to see the battle? Or just the after effects?

cause, I could go either way, and I'm stuck.

Aww, sorry you weren't feeling well the past week. :( But at least you're feeling better now, right? :)

From your choices, I think I want to see whatever battle you're talking about. :)

Update soon! :D

BYE! :bleh:

Oooh! I wanna see the battle! :3 And after effects. Both! :) And don't be sorry! If you were sick, of course you're not gonna be writing a story! Don't worry about it!

I'd definitely like to see the battle. You've been hinting that his powers go awry when he sneezes, so maybe that has some sort of negative effect on the battle?

Perhaps it causes him and his friends to nearly get killed, and of course, he'd feel terrible about that... *angst*

In terms of the battle, here's some monsters they may encounter (yay greek myths!)

http://www.theoi.com/Thaumasios/Skolopendra.html

http://www.theoi.com/Ther/Ketea.html

http://www.theoi.com/Ther/DrakonesTroiades.html

I'd been thinking that if his ability to, say, stay dry in the ocean was affected by his cold there might be negative repercussions on his health whistling.gif

I'd also read some battle scenes from the books, if you have them handy, to spark your imagination. If you want.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Oooh, I really like Rouge's ideas! :3 Oooh! Oooh! And, um, maybe Annabeth could, possibly, catch the cold as well... Just a thought. ;) And definatley throw in the powers-failing thing in the battle, if you want to. Agh, I feel pushy. :P But I'm about to feel even more pushy with this next sentence: OH MY GOSH I NEED MORE STORY BECAUSE I'M DYING!.... Alright, I'm done ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I have something for you guys...sorry about the wait.

v a n i l l a: I'm sorry you were dying sadsmiley.gif I missed two weeks of school (sick) and I had to get caught up.

Rogue_infinity: I like the way you think! Him getting wet was part of the plan all along my friend. Thanks for the monsters, that helped a lot.

VividBubbles!: Oh. My. Gee. Jack Frost is gorgeous!! Thanks for all the feedback, it helps.

People requesting stifles: More to come. Oh, so much more! There aren't as many in this one (what with him losing control and all) but they will return. ;) Not to worry.

People requesting care-taking: Just how much should Annabeth enjoy it? (if you know what I mean)

Percy’s POV

Percy knew he was sick. He knew he was running a fever, and he knew it was about to get a lot worse. How? Because he was sitting on the back of a pegasus, riding fast toward a cold ocean, to do battle with any number of sea monsters he had never seen before. Oh and he wasn’t wearing anything but a swimsuit and a sword.

ha-tchh...tchh...heh-tchh

It was really cold. This was probably not going to end well.

Uhm, Boss? Blackjack asked You.....OK back there?

“Yeah.” Percy lied

Blackjack twisted to look at Percy out of the corner of his eye.

hah-tshhhu...eh-tshh..

“Do Blackjack, I’b dot ok.” Percy snapped, “But no one on thad boat will be okay ever agaid udless I do this dow. So just take be dowd.”

The horse was unnaturally quiet for the rest of their short journey.

eh-tchhh...

Percy sneezed wetly. Blackjack was slowing down as they approached the water. He felt bad for snapping at the pegasus, so he sent Blackjack a mental image featuring “SORRY” spelled out in sugar cubes and apples sitting on a bale of fresh hay. Blackjack whinnied his thanks as Percy hopped off his back and plummeted toward the waves below.

He hadn’t fully understood just how bad of an idea this was until he was fully submerged. At first Percy began to panic, because he couldn’t breathe. Then he remembered, he was sick, and stopped trying to breathe through his nose. His cold had gotten worse since the day before. He was completely stuffed up, his head was pounding, and he had a sore throat.

Percy sank to the bottom and drew his sword, conscious of an itch that had begun to form in the back of his nose. He tried to hold it off but it became stronger and more insistent from second to second. Finally, the sneeze overpowered him

hep-tshoo...tshoo...ah-tshh...

He straightened up, but his nose wasn’t done with him yet.

ah-tshh...tshh...hah..ah..ah-tshoooooo...ah-TSHOOOO

Percy rubbed at his nose and looked around to survey the damage he had caused. Wow. A whirlpool had formed around him, stirring up sediment and scaring away some nymphs and sharks. One of them shot him a dirty look as it swam away, through a veil of silt. Ticked off sharks were the least of his worries right now. His little explosion had probably sent up a signal flare for any monsters in the vicinity “Weak demigod here! First come, first serve!”

So, the son of the Sea God has come to challenge us after all...

Percy whipped around. He couldn’t see anything through the floating detritus.

And it is weak!

He closed his eyes and imagined all of the sand settling back onto the sea floor. When he opened his eyes, he almost wished he hadn’t. The creature that had spoken had the head of an eel, the body of a centipede, and the tail of a crayfish. But what really got Percy’s attention was the insane amount of hair growing out of its nostrils.

“Dude, lay off the ugly pills, okay?” Percy winced at the hoarseness and congestion in his voice.

Insolence! Ugly growled Why, I am the greatest, mightiest...

“Crayfish?” Percy suggested helpfully.

I am the Skolopendra! Ugly was circling Percy now The mightiest Sea-Monster in all the world! Next to me, you are nothing puny demigod!

Big Ugly attacked. Percy let him get close enough to get a nose-hair trim before using currents to propel himself up and over the monster’s head. Howling shrilly, the Skolopendra tried to double back on itself, without much success. Instead, it flipped over exposing its stomach. But before Percy could stab it, a webbed foot slammed into him from behind. Percy landed on the sea floor hard, and Riptide flew out of his hand. His vision was fuzzy, and his head hurt. As if all of this weren’t enough, he had to sneeze again.

Surrender! Ugly said, And you may yet have the honor of serving Gaea!

“No,” Percy’s breath was hitching now “And I... dod’t....thidk snfff thad’s buch of...ad offer.”

Percy could feel himself losing the battle with his nose as his opponent drew nearer. Suddenly, a feeling of hopelessness came over him. He wouldn’t be able to beat the monster while he was in this condition. But his friends were counting on him. Percy racked his brains. He had to find a way to...

ah-TCHOOO!

A shockwave exploded from the spot where Percy stood, sending the Skolopendra tumbling away from him. Percy stared after it, a plan beginning to form. He might be able to pull this off after all! The monster was coming back. Percy snatched his sword and prepared himself. The itch in the back of his nose hadn’t gone away, in fact it was growing stronger. He concentrated with all his might on the approaching sea monster, and imagined the water inside of it expanding.

He let loose.

ah-TCHOOO...TCHOOO...huh...huh-TCHOOO...hah...ETCHOOOO...

Percy’s nose was running freely now, but there was no one around to see it. Monster dust was floating everywhere, and the mightiest sea-monster in all the world was nowhere to be seen. No other demons appeared. Good. Percy propelled himself to the surface and waved at the boat above. Then he noticed that he was soaking wet.

“Wonderful.”

I LOVE THIS!!! I'll admit something now: I've always had a bit of a crush on Percy... :blushing: So, um, yeah... Plus you have a good plot and stuff. And I like the way you write everyone. Especially Peerrrrrcyyyy yeah, this isn't obvious or embarrassing at all

Mmmmm. I have no time to comment on this so I'm just gonna say that you and this and Percy are sooooo awesome. So very very awesome. Please more! :wub:

BYE! :heart:

Ahhhh!!! He got wet! That's good. *cough* I mean bad

:3. Poor Percy and I'm excited for the stifles. I'm sorry you were sick :/ I hope you are feeling better. And thanks for updating :*

I have a short update for you. Hopefully it's up to par. :)

I can't decide whether Percy should get taken care of, or if he should be stubborn and try to function. I'm thinking of posting both versions, both sound enjoyable to me. :)

Updates will be sparse and possibly nonexistent for the next 2 weeks :( Just FYI

Enjoy!

Leo’s POV

After he had set the ship back down on the water, Leo had expected to see Percy ride up on a dolphin or something. He had been expecting the return of the non-sick, happy, hungry, ADHD-to-the-max Percy that he knew so well.

Which is why the wet rat of a demigod who was clambering over the rail came as a surprise to him. Percy’s hair was plastered to his head (which was unusual by itself, since his powers usually kept him dry), his cheeks were flushed, and judging by the way he fell onto the deck, was about ready to pass out. Leo decided to go help him up. The older boy was shivering violently as he did so.

“Percy?”

“Yeah?” Percy’s voice just added to the impression that he was in absolutely perfect health. Yep. Nothing says Not sick like a gravelly, tired sounding, one syllable response.

“Why are you wet?” Leo asked cautiously

“Lost codtrol,” Percy mumbled, as he wiped water off his face.

he-nngxxx...nngxxt

I can see how, Leo thought. “How’d you do it? Win, I mean. I can guess how you lost control, that’s pretty obvious. But what I really want to know is...” Leo broke off when he realized that Percy was laughing at him. It sounded more like a cough really.

“I sdeezed od theb,” Percy said.

Leo stared at him for a moment before he cracked up. Percy started to laugh again too, but he stopped quickly when his giggles turned into coughing for real. When he was done, Leo wasn’t laughing anymore either.

“You OK, man?” Leo said.

“Probably dot,” Percy replied, “I’m godda go get a jacket or sobethig, ‘kay?”

Leo watched his friend take two steps forward and freeze. Percy swayed on the spot. Hurrying to his side, Leo tried to figure out what was up. Percy gripped Leo’s arm, hard.

“Siddown,” Percy murmured, “Dizzy.”

Leo guided Percy to a bench and sat down next to him. He studied Percy, who seemed oblivious to his presence. He felt bad for the guy, and wanted to help somehow, but had absolutely NO idea how. As a kid, Leo hadn’t gotten sick. And as he got older, he hadn’t had anyone who would have taken care of him if he had.

“Stay,” Leo ordered.

He was going to go find Annabeth, because 1) she’d probably kill him if he didn’t and 2) she would definitely know what to do.

Thank you for the update! :3 I loved it (: And don't worry if you get busy, just post whenever you get a chance (: And both getting taken care of and being stubborn and trying to function are very fun. :3 Maybe he can be stubborn for a lil while longer, and then be taken care of by Annabeth, but it's just a suggestion :3

YOU ARE AMAZING, though you probably already knew that. Thanks for updating! Honestly you could wait months before updating again, as long as you keep writing!!

Leo watched his friend take two steps forward and freeze. Percy swayed on the spot. Hurrying to his side, Leo tried to figure out what was up. Percy gripped Leo’s arm, hard.

“Siddown,” Percy murmured, “Dizzy.”

My gosh, this is so adorable. Percy, you just... just... you are so hot. :drool:

And Leo. :) I love you so much, you don't even have an idea. You cannot conceive the amount of love I have for you. There is so much. :wub:

I can't wait for the next update!

BYE! :bleh:

Archived