Sneeze Fetish Forum

Son of the Sea God-A Percy Jackson Story

funinthesun

Oh my gosh, this is super cute! :3 This is the only story I check, and probably the only one I follow. I absolutely love it! :3 Please continue! :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update, and a present for you.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1AzZyGZrt8NbBhafPsLWgATByB9bYkGLW3ozcaeO5VGU/edit?usp=sharing

I made this for you guys. *blushes* Keep in mind, I'm not an artist. I gathered these from my science, math, english, and chinese notes. Also the notebook which I hide from everyone that is full of fanfiction. :) Again, thanks for the comments! I hope that the link ^^ is a big enough thank you. I'm really glad that you guys like it! Okay, on to the story! Enjoy!

(okay, note about the sound effects. sorry this is coming so late. When I say “x”, it means that noise that’s like a snort that comes from between your nose and the back of your throat. It’s a really congested noise and I couldn’t think of how else to describe it. Or just imagine whatever floats your boat there.)

Percy

Percy was definitely not a happy camper. Sure, there were no monsters. Sure, Annabeth wasn’t completely pissed off at him for dumping her in the ocean. But the sun was setting, he was exhausted, and it didn’t look like he could rest anytime soon. His powers were back, and they were still reacting when he sneezed. And Leo had managed to take his temperature, by force. Which meant, not only that someone besides himself knew exactly how sick he was, but that he was sicker than he had thought. Leo had managed to take him by surprise, and drag him over to the helm.

He also had no shirt on.

Festus had begun to creak at Leo, who was listening intently. Percy decided that he might as well take a look at the readings from the Wii controller. Leo had gone to all that trouble to get them.

Percy gently removed Leo’s hand from his wrist (he got a skeptical look and an “I’m watching you gesture) and went over to the gaming console. He leaned on the table that all of Leo’s equipment was sitting on and tried to read the screen. It took a while: this cold wasn’t doing much for his dyslexia right now. When he finally managed to decipher what it said, he had begun to feel the cold on his bare skin.

Crew Member: Percy Jackson

Temperature: 101.6

Heart Rate:...

There was more, but Percy stopped reading.

hhh-ktchhm...tchhmm...hah...hi-KTCHHH...

Rrr. He had forgotten exactly how much worse stifling had made him feel earlier. Percy pinched the bridge of his nose, hoping that it might reduce the urge he felt to sneeze. No luck. He looked around the helm, trying to distract himself. Next to the display that showed his temperature was another screen that had a picture on it.

The subject of the picture was looking straight at the camera with a slightly confused expression on his face. Wet, black hair framed a pale face and fell into sea-green eyes. With a start, Percy realised that the boy in the picture was him! He looked closer. His nose was really red around the bottom and was tinged pink a bit further up. Dark circles sat underneath his eyes, and under those, his cheeks were flushed. He looked like he was about to pass out. He wondered if he had looked like that all day.

“Yep.” Leo said, “Pretty much.”

It took Percy a second to realise that he had said the last part out loud.

“Wow.” He winced, both at the pain in his throat, and the scratchy sound of his own voice. That wasn’t good.

nngxxx...ngxxxx...

Leo glanced over at him, sighed, and pointedly went back to steering the ship. His jaw tightened.

“Are you aware,” Leo said, “that you have misplaced your shirt yet again?”

Percy looked down. Oh. He had forgotten about that. He started to walk toward the bench where he had left it.

heh-nngxxx...

Percy shivered. The sun was setting, and he could feel a cool breeze beginning to play with his (still wet) hair.

When he got to the bench, he realised that he didn’t feel all that steady on his feet just now. He sat down. Hard. As he was pulling the shirt over his head, he felt his breath catch. Percy had just barely gotten his head out when he had to double over, coughing. It hurt deep in his chest, like a knife was lodged in his lungs and he disturbed it every time he coughed. Percy wrapped an arm around his ribs. He couldn’t breathe!

When the fit was finally over, Percy straightened, to find Leo standing in front of him. Without his usual smile, Leo looked different. There was a really deep sadness hiding in the chocolate brown eyes (which were usually looking everywhere at once, but now were meeting Percy’s with a calmness that wasn’t usually there).

Then, without warning the smile came back. It showed in the corner of his eyes and around the edges of his mouth. It made Percy ache to see how easily Leo could pull that out, and realized that he had probably had a lot of practice trying to hide pain.

nngxxxx...hhh-ntxxx...heh...hah...heh-KTCHXXX

Percy looked back at Leo. It was really embarrassing to have to sneeze in front of people, and he really really hoped that Leo wasn’t grossed out. Leo appeared not to be paying attention. He was rummaging in his toolbelt. To Percy’s surprise, Leo didn’t pull out a gadget, or even anything mechanical.

Leo pulled out a towel, then a sweatshirt, and a pair of sweatpants. As an afterthought, he reached back into his toolbelt and pulled out a box of tissues. Leo set them on the bench next to Percy.

Leo started to walk back towards the helm, calling over his shoulder, “Hey, Perce? You gotta eat something. Whaddaya want?”

“I’b dot,” The words came out gravelly, so Percy cleared his throat and tried again. “I’b dot hudgry. Thagks though, Leo.”

hhh-KTCH!

Percy’s head snapped forward with the force of the barely-stifled sneeze. He looked back up at Leo who had reached the helm and was pushing buttons on what looked like a drink dispenser and getting a cup out.

“You said soup, right?”

“Dot hudgry!” Percy shouted.

“Right,” Leo was straightfacing him now. “Thats what I said. Soup.

Percy rolled his eyes. I give up, he thought. Leo was being stubborn. He wasn’t in the mood for an argument.

nngxxx....ngxxx...heh-ngxxx

Percy dried himself off, and put on the clothes Leo had pulled out of his handy-dandy pouch. It was a surprise how good it felt to be warm. He hadn’t even noticed that he had been shivering until now.

Leo came back holding two steaming cups of soup. He handed one to Percy and kept the other one. Leo flopped down on the bench next to Percy’s box of tissues and sipped at his soup. Then he leaned back on the back of the bench, and propped his arms on the back of it (he looked like a biker relaxing with a cup of coffee in a park after a long ride).

“I’ve pulled a few all nighters on this voyage, Percy,” Leo said, “And trust me, you are hungry. You haven’t eaten all day.”

Percy thought about it. He really hadn’t eaten all day. And he really didn’t feel like it right now. All he wanted to do was sleep, but he needed to stay awake. He didn’t know what he might do if he slept. He didn’t know what monsters were lurking in the depths. He needed to stay awake.

“Okay, mom. I’ll drindk by soup.”

Leo gave him a playful dirty look, and threw a plastic spoon at him.

“Don’t get smart,” he said, “Or I’ll definitely tell Annabeth your temperature. It’s high enough to get a day off school...”

That shut him up.

Did you know that the document I typed this up in is 22 pages long???

When the fit was finally over, Percy straightened, to find Leo standing in front of him. Without his usual smile, Leo looked different. There was a really deep sadness hiding in the chocolate brown eyes (which were usually looking everywhere at once, but now were meeting Percy’s with a calmness that wasn’t usually there).

Then, without warning the smile came back. It showed in the corner of his eyes and around the edges of his mouth. It made Percy ache to see how easily Leo could pull that out, and realized that he had probably had a lot of practice trying to hide pain.

Awwwww. Leo. wub.png

Dude, just wow. This describes Leo so well it's not even funny. I love you get him because a lot of people don't. heart.gif

Leo started to walk back towards the helm, calling over his shoulder, “Hey, Perce? You gotta eat something. Whaddaya want?”

“I’b dot,” The words came out gravelly, so Percy cleared his throat and tried again. “I’b dot hudgry. Thagks though, Leo.”

hhh-KTCH!

Percy’s head snapped forward with the force of the barely-stifled sneeze. He looked back up at Leo who had reached the helm and was pushing buttons on what looked like a drink dispenser and getting a cup out.

“You said soup, right?”

“Dot hudgry!” Percy shouted.

“Right,” Leo was straightfacing him now. “Thats what I said. Soup.”

Hehe. This made my giggle like a maniac. Gosh, you write these characters so well! Especially Leo.

Update soon! smile.png

BYE! bleh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while. Sorry ladies and gents, I haven't had much time to write lately, and I'm pretty sure that this update is sub-standard. So... sorry in advance about that.

Thanks again to all of you people out there who are still reading!

The reason why I said this installment might be "sub-standard" is that there's not much sneezing, and I'm basically just trying to set up the next bit (and I'm honestly not sure how that's going to go, and I might write 2 endings because I know I can do the Percy Leo dynamic, but I haven't done much of the Percabeth action lately so that might happen. No promises though.) Ya know what, I'm gonna shut up and give you the story you all came here for.

Have at it! Enjoy!

“Why. Didn’t. You. Tell. Me?”

Percy passed out on a bench by the helm wasn’t the kind of wake-up surprise she had been hoping for this morning. Annabeth had been kind of hoping for an alert, rested, less sick Percy to be at breakfast. In 2 hours.

Leo winced when she snapped at him, and Annabeth instantly felt bad. She knew that the kid was scared of her, and he had obviously been trying to help but why hadn’t he...

Annabeth took another look at Percy. Normally, her boyfriend refused to wear even a long-sleeved shirt to sleep, or any kind of shirt really. Leo had somehow gotten him to put on a sweatshirt, long pants, and even a blanket. So it wasn’t negligence that led to Percy’s being out here. Annabeth took a deep breath and tried again.

“Leo,” she said gently, “Why did you let Percy sleep out here.”

Leo glanced at Percy (who was snoring softly, and evidently oblivious to the conversation going on above his head) before answering.

“He made me swear to let him finish the watch,” Leo mumbled, “I could tell that he was pretty out of it, so I made him put on some extra clothes, but I couldn’t get him to agree to leave the deck. So, I let him sit out here and made him eat soup until he passed out, and then I got a blanket, and then I finished the watch for him.” Leo rushed through the last part, scraping the toe of one of his boots against the deck. He seemed really interested in what would happen if he kept at it.

“Oh.”

Leo gave her a sheepish grin before going back to the wheel of the ship.

Annabeth refocused on Percy. Suddenly, an idea popped into her head.

“Leo,” she called, “Can you toss me the...oh, thanks.”

Leo was back, holding the Wii-mote. In the few days of travel between the Argo II’s liftoff, and her reunion with Percy, Leo had taken most of the time to give her the “lowdown” on all of the cool technology he had managed to repurpose to build the ship. One of his greatest achievements (in her eyes) was the tricked out Wii. It could take vital signs, raise the sails, activate the intercom, summon Buford, had a built in laser pointer and more. Annabeth loved it’s simplicity. There weren’t too many buttons, and yet there were so many functions! Right now, though, she only cared about one of them. Annabeth leaned down, gently put the controller in Percy’s hand and nodded at Leo, who was now waiting expectantly at the controls.

How a guy who “got along better with machines” could predict what she wanted to do just then, she didn’t know.

She knelt down next to Percy and brushed his dark hair back from his face. He definitely felt warm to her. A tiny voice began to issue from the Wii-mote. Not wanting it to wake him, Annabeth eased the device out of his hand and brought it closer to her ear.

Crew Member: Percy Jackson

Temperature: 102.3

Surveillance Report: Based on the rise in temperature since last measurement (9 hours ago at 101.6), Percy Jackson has contracted something similar to - but not to be confused with- the rhinovirus. Magnitude and frequency of sternutation prior to unconsciousness indicates severe congestion and irritation of the nasal passage. Other symptoms: coughing, headache, chills(based on observed tremors).

huh-nngxxt...ktchx....nngxxxt...hep-tchhh....

Annabeth had inadvertently turned away from Percy as she listened to the gaming system’s diagnosis of her boyfriend, and the sudden outburst that she heard behind her made her jump. Percy was sitting up, but he still looked half asleep. A sheen of sweat stood out on his forehead and neck, and Annabeth saw his nose twitch. His eyes focus shifted up and he turned his head slightly, bringing an arm up toward his face.

nngxxxt....eh-hngxxt...

Percy gave a wet sniff and rubbed at his nose (which was already red enough). He smothered a cough in a sleeve, and gave her a smile that screamed I’m exhausted! Other than his red nose, and the sweat, there were a few other outward signs that his condition had worsened. Percy’s eyes were bleary and he didn’t look at all well. Annabeth made a silent decision that this wasn't going to go on any longer.

“What’s up, Wise Girl?”

“Your temperature, Seaweed Brain. You, bed. Now.”

“What’s up, Wise Girl?”

“Your temperature, Seaweed Brain. You, bed. Now.”

:laugh: Hehe. Annabeth.

I'm so happy you updated this! :D I forgot how much I love the way you write Leo. :heart:

More soon please!

BYE! :bleh:

Hahaha oh my god this Is so good like ahaha the last sentences made me laugh lol x3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry if i got your hopes up by posting this, but to all of you guys still reading i have a question.

Do you want to see the Leo version or the Annabeth version of taking care of Percy to be on here?

Also, sorry for any delays in updates, track is done, but allergy season is kicking my ass. I am actually having trouble thinking straight.

Also, I'm 15 and i can't figure out why i can't put that in my description.

Also, I have something else for you. Don't know if any is up to snuff for artwork page, but I thought I'd run it by you guys first. Feedback is as always appreciated. https://docs.google.com/a/gpschools.com/drawings/d/1T147kjSVdxYqfDqUeHXTt_WhRqeOYV_ddtHDHO5S-XA/edit

Good artwork. Yeh allergy season is kicking me I'm the bum aswell :c stupid pollen. But can't wait for a next part maybe?

Okay, I'm gonna answer all the stuff you just talked about. Ready, set, go! ;)

1.) I think I'd rather see the Leo version of caretaking. I just love Leo so much. :heart:

2.) Sorry about your allergies. :( I don't have any myself but my friend does and she says it sucks ass so I've got a lot of sympathy for stuff like that.

3.) I have no idea how to fix that. Sorry. Try talking to an admin. :)

4.) Your art is adorable! :wub:

Can't wait for your next update!

THE LEO VERSION

Annabeth was off doing something important. Like always. And Leo was left with the task of getting a very dizzy Son of Poseidon to his cabin for some much-needed sleep and actual care.

This turned out to be more difficult than Leo had anticipated.

Firstly, Percy wasn’t fully awake yet, so he was leaning on Leo pretty hard. Secondly, Percy didn’t want to move in the first place. After Annabeth had gone off to do Zeus knew what, and ordered Percy to go to bed, Percy had done his best to argue. Given that his voice was nearly gone, and that he wasn’t making a lot of sense right now (his best argument had been “What if the fish-horse dudes want to give us more recipes, I mean the grass is my friend and...”) he had made a valiant effort.

After finally dragging his friend to his cabin and using all of his formidable strength to force Percy to get in his bed, Leo sat down.

eh-ngxxx...xxx...

THE ANNABETH VERSION

Annabeth sat on the edge of Percy’s bed and tried to get him to lay down. He pushed her hand away. I give up Annabeth thought. Getting him here had been enough of a struggle. First he hadn’t wanted to get off of his bench, and then he had gotten dizzy on standing. Annabeth figured that it was partly exhaustion and partly the fever. He couldn’t have gotten more than three hours of sleep.

eh-ngxx...xxx...

Percy started coughing. It sounded pretty painful. Kind of like a seal barking. The fit went on and on and on. Percy wrapped an arm around his ribs like they were hurting him. Annabeth began to rub him on the back, she couldn’t think of anything else to do. When his cough finally quieted, he tried to focus on her and rasped “Thadks.”

Percy sneezed again, but this time he didn’t try as hard to keep it all in.

ktchhu..

Sighing, Percy pulled his knees up towards his chest, and leaned his head back onto the wall. Annabeth sat next to him and he fell asleep on her shoulder.

D'awwwww! I read both version and I have to say that both are completely adorable. And I have to admit that the Annabeth version is pretty cute (but mostly 'cuz of sicky!Percy ;) ).

Okay, is it just me or does awesomefriend!Leo dragging vulnerable!Percy to Percy's bedroom sound super hot? :drool: No? Anyone? Okay.

More soon please! :heart:

P.S. Did I forget to mention that you are super awesome for writing both versions of this? Oh, I didn't? Well, you are. :)

Aaah, the fluff! Sorry if this isn't a great update, but I wanted to write what was going on while Percy was asleep. More Leo version to come, but I really have to study for finals, so maybe in a bit. Anyway, HERE! And thanks for all the support. It's been a wild ride :)

THe ANNABETH VERSION

It had become extremely obvious last night that Percy really didn’t know how to take care of himself. Annabeth figured that he hadn’t been this sick in a really long time, it came from being around magic for extended periods of time. But now, there was magic working against him, in a way that was near impossible to stop from this side of the equation.

Almost as soon as Percy had fallen asleep, Annabeth eased out from underneath him and lowered him gently onto a pillow, and pulled a blanket on top of him. He was still wearing the jammies that Leo had given him the night before, so Annabeth figured that he would be sufficiently warm.

Percy groaned and turned toward her. Annabeth started, thinking that she had woken him, but his eyes were still closed, his face was blank, and he was breathing a little easier. Some of his longish, dark hair was stuck to his face. Annabeth gently brushed it away.

A little later- she wasn’t sure how long it had been- Annabeth found herself stroking Percy’s hair away from his face, and combing it into semi-neatness. She remembered when she first met Percy, he was passed out from shock in the infirmary at camp. He had been a wiry, innocent, scared looking kid who missed his mom and drooled and talked in his sleep. Looking at him now, she suddenly saw that little boy again. With his red nose, and pink cheeks, Percy looked younger. But Annabeth knew that he had changed so much since his first night at camp.

Percy had grown older in the space of a few weeks on that first quest. Near death situations and Chimera poison will do that to a guy. Now, seven years later, he had laughter etched on his face and sadness in his eyes.

Percy had grown older in the space of a few weeks on that first quest. Near death situations and Chimera poison will do that to a guy. Now, seven years later, he had laughter etched on his face and sadness in his eyes.

D'AWWWWWWWW! :wub:

I don't know why, but for some reason this is the best line ever. Just... Percy. :heart:

More please. :)

OMG!!!!! I'm new to the forum and when I saw a Percy Jackson story I was like yep... gotta read that! This is amazing and you write everybody really well!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I actually have way more written, but my brain went in a strange direction when I wrote this part, so are you guys okay with Leo changing a little? I'm pretty sure in the beginning I was like "Leo = hetero" in an earlier update I put something about his jaw tightening when Percy had his shirt off and It made my mind spin off in an interesting direction. So I guess my question is, are you guys comfortable with a little bit of unrequited LeoXPercy (justfortheLeopartnoworries) or do you want me to stick to just the awesomefriend dynamic and not even go there? Just think about it.

Thanks for sticking with me!

THE LEO VERSION

Leo stretched and opened his eyes blearily, then panicked. Where was he? Not his room, not the helm, not even the deck. The walls of the cabin he was in were covered in pictures from mall photobooths, blue things, and posters of sea life from National Geographic and bands that Leo had barely heard of.

So he was still on the Argo II (good) and in Percy’s room (okay).

Leo straightened, rubbing his neck. Holy Hephaestus, was he sore!

“Why didn’t I make the floor more comfortable in here?” He asked...nobody. He was the only person in the room.

A fresh wave of panic slammed into Leo. Percy couldn’t be...no. He had probably just gotten up and walked somewhere. But where? Could he walk? Was he passed out on the floor somewhere in Leo’s enormous, labyrinthine, ship? Leo fought to think clearly through his panic and look at the facts. Percy was sick, he had a pretty high fever (last he checked), and he was no longer in his room. Leo felt the bed where Percy should have been. Still warm. Leo paced the room. Should he go out and look for his friend, or stay here in case he came back? Something on the floor caught Leo’s eye. The shirt and sweatshirt that Percy had been wearing were wadded up on the floor. So wherever Percy was, he was shirtless.

Leo felt heat rise in his cheeks. Jason and Percy had no idea how uncomfortable they made him when they walked around the ship like that. The feeling was part jealousy, because he would never look like them, and part something else that Leo tried desperately not to feel.

He was staring blankly at the discarded clothing on the floor when he heard a noise in the doorway behind him.

hah-etchhmm

Leo whipped around to face (who else) a sick looking, slightly damp, shirtless (Zeus Almighty!) son of Poseidon.

Mmmmmmm. I just love the scene you're creating. :heart: I mean, shirtless Jason and Percy walking around the ship all the time? Yum. :wub:

And Leo. :D I mean, I'm not super choosy on what direction you take with the dude. Truth be told, if it was me writing this story (which it's not) and it was my desicion (again, it isn't) I'd probably try to stick to the line seperating super awesome friend and wanna be more than that. I just have a big soft spot for awesome friend!Leo.

But again, it's totally not my call and I'll be super happy with whatever choice you make. :)

Update soon!

From Percy’s point of view

Somewhere in Percy’s foggy mind, he knew that Leo had stayed up all night, so he wasn’t too bothered when he woke up to his friend snoozing with his head against the wall. Except that it put his head at a weird angle. Coughing, he swung his legs out of bed. Percy knew from first-hand experience that sleeping like that would be worse than being stretched out on the floor. At least on the floor, Leo’s neck would be straight.

h-tch....nngxht!

Percy rubbed his nose, and winced. Holy schist, he thought, did everything have to hurt so much? Throat, nose, head, shoulders, all of it.

He turned his attention back to Leo’s situation. Percy was going to have to move him. He stood up. Whoa... his cabin seemed to tilt and darken around the edges. Not a good sign. When his head cleared, Percy gently slid Leo’s arm over his shoulder and lifted him off the chair he was sitting on. Slowly he lowered his sleeping friend onto the ground. As he bent over he felt the pressure in his sinuses build, and something else was building too. Percy barely got Leo onto the ground before his breath started hitching.

ah-hnngtch....nngxh...hah...eh-nkxh!

Percy had just barely been able to turn his head away. Straightening, he looked down at Leo. Leo looked sad without his smile.

Then Percy realised that he was basically just swaying on the spot watching another dude sleep. That was too weird. He was going to stop doing that now. Blearily, Percy decided to take a shower. He probably needed a shower. Trying to be as quiet as possible Percy took off his shirt and sweatshirt (where had he even gotten that sweatshirt?) and then remembered that the showers were down the hall.

Maybe the hot water would clear his head.

heh-nnchu....tchuu...nkxh...eh’ptchh...

The shower was clearing his sinuses, but not in the way he had expected. Percy stood in the shower, letting the steaming water stream off the top of his head and down his face and neck. The steam was the problem, really. It made his nose tickle, and that made other things happen. Even though it relieved some of the pressure, Percy really hoped that no one else wanted to take a shower while he was in there. That would be embarrassing. He couldn’t go thirty seconds without sneezing or coughing.

Nobody came in. Probably because it was around lunchtime, everyone was probably on deck.

A tiny rivulet of water was running down the bridge of Percy’s nose. It decided that right now was the perfect time to mess with his body. Percy disagreed, but the water wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

hah-AEESHHH

Percy waited, panicked, for something to happen. Anything. For the ship to tilt, lurch, for his powers to ruin another day. Nothing. He breathed a sigh of relief. Nothing. Percy put his hand out to the wall in front of him and pinched his nose. The water wasn’t as warm as it had been a minute ago.

hih-nkxxh

He was done showering anyway.

Leo looked sad without his smile.

Oh my gods, this sentence. This sentence, I swear. My gods, do you know how well this one sentence, these six words, describe Leo? Gods, it pretty much sums up his character if you think about it.

Wow. How is it that you have such a deep understanding of the dude? I mean, whenever I try to write any Percy Jackson fic, especially when there's Leo or Jason in it, I just fail miserably. Kudos to you, funinthesun. :)

Update soon! :D

Archived