Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabbles with THE MARAUDERS

Sophie<3

Soooo... requests...?? (:

How about a sick, in denial, reluctant Lily, and concerned James who takes care of her despite her protests? :heart: The rest is up to your beautiful writing. ;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sophie<3

• HPG

• Not_Telling

• SpookyScarySkeleton

Ooh, Lily! Can you be a dear and give her girly sneezes?

How about a sick, in denial, reluctant Lily, and concerned James who takes care of her despite her protests? heart.gif The rest is up to your beautiful writing. wink.png

Or how about what OhDearBlessYou says, but with James and Lily switched? :D

OR BOTH!?

Can you be a dear and give her girly sneezes?

I second that! :D

See? Now you have requests. :P

Good job, guys. Those are two Lily/James requests I can definitely work with! And I would have tried giving her girly sneezes anyway, I think! ;)

Alright, gang. I'm working on the sick!Lily one, but it turned into more of a oneshot and then I had another idea. Here's just a random James allergy one...! Hope you like it! <3

“No!”, James pouted. “I won't take it.”

Lily pushed back her hair and sighed. “James. You know that I only want to help you.”

“Well, I trust you, I just don't trust... um...huh...huh'AT'chiooo! Het-chieww!”

“Bless you... again”, Lily said, emphasizing the last word.

James threw up his hands. “Babe! You know I can't help it. I just... oh Merlin”, he rubbed his red, shiny nose again with the back of his hand. “It's just so itchy! And I... hang on... A'tchieew!! Huh'aT'choo!”

“Oh, James...”

“Huh'TchOOoo!! Ah.” He sighed, then leaned against her all exhausted.

Lily couldn't help but feel sorry for him and she started rubbing his shoulder sympathetically.

“This is horrible”, James complained, while pressing his face against her shoulder. “I feel so congested! And I can't stop sneezing! I don't understand! I already went to the hospital wing for Pepper-Up. Why isn't it helping?”

Lily rolled her eyes. “Did you listen to anything I said before?”

“Huh?”, he looked up at her all lazily with those red eyes and his runny nose.

“One more time for you, Potter”, she teased, but in a friendly tone. “It's not working, because you don't have a cold. You have allergies and I have the medicine right here that will help you.”

“But...”, James said, giving the bottle with pills in his girlfriend's hands another suspicious look. “but that's not even a potion.”

“I know that!”, Lily said with exasperation. “They're pills.”

“Well, but how exactly are they supposed to stop the sne.... oh no... huh'Atch'ooO! Ruh-It'choo!”

He caught the sneezes in cupped hands and when he was done, he looked up at her with wide eyes, then said, without taking his hands away, so that his voice sounded muffled: “Sorry, baby...”

“Aw, I don't mind, James”, she said softly and leaned over to kiss him on his temple. “That is, if you finally agree to take these!” She shook the bottle with the allergy medication enticingly.

James gave her another sceptical look. “So these allergies...”, he began saying. “Suppose you're right and that's what's making me sneeze... why did they only start a few days ago?”

“I wondered about that and I noticed that they planted these new flowers right by the lake. The sneezing only starts when we go out here, right?”

James seemed to consider this, while rubbing his nose again. Then he said, very slowly: “And there's no potion that could...?”

“No”, Lily shook her head with a sad smile. “I did some research and it looks as if the magic community has not yet found a potion that can relieve symptoms from allergic reactions.”

“So...if I take those pills”, James started again, while Lily reached out to gently run her fingers through his hair, “the sneezing will stop?”

“Probably not right away”, Lily admitted. “But eventually, yes.”

When James still hesitated, she pleaded: “Please, James, just trust me! I just want you to feel better!”

Finally, her boyfriend cracked. “Okay”, he nodded with a serious expression, as if he was about to take part in some very dangerous activity. “I'll do it.”

“Great”, she smiled. “Take just one for now!”

James took the pill and swallowed it before Lily could offer him some water from the bottle she had brought down for this purpose.

“That was easy”, James grinned. “I still think it's weird that you grew up taking these all the time instead of potions when you were sick, but oh well, if it works for the Muggles...”

“It will work for you, too”, Lily said with a smile. “Just wait.”

They sat in silence for a while, then James's expression changed all of a sudden. He turned away, then doubled over with a forceful triple: “Huh'iee'chooo! Huh'chIOOooo! Heh'AT'chOOooO!”

Then, he turned back around with a sparkle in his eyes: “There! See? I sneezed again! Your weird muggle medication didn't work on me!”

Lily simply sighed and said nothing. She wasn't in the mood to explain the whole thing to her stubborn boyfriend again. So she simply pulled James into a tight hug, finding comfort in the fact that eventually James would feel better and realize that she had been right...

Until then... well.

“Huh'it'chooOO! There! It happened again!”

Aww, that's adorable. I love the reluctance to take the allergy meds because they aren't a potion.

Awwww! I loved James' reaction to muggle medicine, it was so funny! I can't stop smiling! :D

I want to read the sick Lily one-shot, though... Would you post it for me? Please? :3

Aww, that's adorable. I love the reluctance to take the allergy meds because they aren't a potion.

Heh... c: Thanks, that was the idea! Glad you liked it!

Awwww! I loved James' reaction to muggle medicine, it was so funny! I can't stop smiling! biggrin.png

I want to read the sick Lily one-shot, though... Would you post it for me? Please? :3

Aww...thanks! So happy I made you smile! I hope the Lily OS that I'm posting now will make you just as happy! Enjoy!

Sickie: Lily

Pairing: James/Lily. Duh.

Caretaker: Both Remus and James. (:

“Huh....itch-iie!”

She holds her breath for a moment, looks around, but nobody blesses her. Not that she minds.

Lily is having breakfast at the Gryffindor table all by herself. Some of her Ravenclaw friends are down in the Great Hall, too, but they're sitting at their house's table on the other side of the hall. When she was younger, Lily also had a lot of Gryffindor friends, but now that she's in her last year, somehow things are different. She can't help but think that it's because she started dating James Potter, even though she's always acted like she hated him in the past years. Officially, she's spending less time with her Gryffindor friends because she's spending so much time with James and his Marauders, but Lily has a feeling that some of her female friends might be jealous. After all, they always thought that if Lily doesn't want him, they might have a shot at dating James...

Another sneeze interrupts Lily's train of thought. Her head bobs forward and when she comes back up, she is relieved to see James, Sirius, Remus and Peter walk towards her.

“Morning, Lily”, James says, while bending down and kissing the top of her head softly.

“Morning”, she murmurs and clears her throat. She feels strangely stuffed up. It started in the morning, right after waking up, and it's not pleasant. But she doesn't want to complain. It's an important day for James and the rest of the Gryffindor team.

Peter and Remus greet her, too, and Sirius says “Hey” with a wide grin.

Lily looks at him, growing suspicious immediately. “Morning, Black. What are you so happy about?”

“Oh nothing...”, Sirius says lightly and his grin grows even wider.

“You four are late for breakfast”, Lily states. “Where were you?”

“In the dungeous...ow!”, Peter replies automatically and Sirius steps on foot a bit too late.

Lily raises one eyebrow. “The dungeous, huh?”

“Well...”, James grins sheepishly at her, while the four boys take their seats. “Don't be mad, Lily. It's just a prank.”

“What did you do?”, Lily asks cooly. She's been dating James for a while now and she's done freaking out about the stuff the boys do. Still, she's curious.

“Don't tell her, Prongs, she's a prefect!”, Sirius whispers so loudly that it can't technically be considered a whisper anymore.

Lily rolls her eyes (which, strangely, hurts a little) and James says: “Come on, Padfoot, she hasn't told on us all those last times! I think she's proven herself worthy.”

Sirius considers it, then, apparently when the memory of their prank returns, the smile spreads on his face again and incredibly content with himself, he says: “See, Evans, when the Slytherins get up to go to breakfast, they will find a little surprise that will get them in the mood for the match.”

Of course, it is a Marauder tradition to prank the Slytherins before any Quidditch match, especially if it is the last and most decisive game of the season.

“What is it?”, Lily asks slowly, well aware of the type of pranks that the Marauders, united in their hate for the Slytherins, are capable of.

“Just a... piece of art”, James smiles reassuringly and puts his hand on hers.

Lily, who doesn't quite believe her boyfriend, looks over to Remus, who nods. “It's true.”

“It shows a lion in the act of disemboweling a snake”, Sirius explains happily. “Just foreshadowing today's match.”

“And it's huge!”, Peter chimes in excitedly. “It's spread out all over one of the walls!”

“I didn't know you can paint”, Lily says and has to turn away quickly to wipe her nose, which has started running all the sudden. She uses a napkin and nobody seems to notice.

“We can't, really”, James admits. “But Remus can. So he did it for us.”

“I'm surprised you actually agreed to do it.” Lily looks at Remus, who is a prefect, like her.

“I thought it would be a harmless prank”, Remus mutters, unhappily looking down at his plate.

“That was before we told him that we had given him magical colors that are nearly impossible to remove!”, Sirius laughs and James and Peter join in.

“Filch is going to kill you four”, Lily warns them and Remus looks rather uncomfortable.

Later, when a group of Slytherins enters the Great Hall, it's obvious that they have discovered the Marauders' little present, judging by the dirty looks they give them.

James, who is Gryffindor's seeker, and Sirius, who is one of the beaters, are now excitedly discussing their strategies for the match.

Meanwhile, Lily isn't doing so well... She isn't sure exactly what it is and she is doing her best to ignore it, but she is having trouble focussing. Her head hurts. She still feels stuffed up and she has to sniffle a lot. But is she sick?

She hasn't been sick ever since she has started dating James and she doesn't want to start today.

Truly, all she wants is to go up to the Common Room and get some rest, but she knows that she has to support James at the game! Plus, she has always enjoyed watching him play and she has been looking forward to this game for weeks now.

When her nose starts tickling again, she turns away from the group and cups the sneezes in her hand. They come out really high-pitched and she blushes. “Huh'Itch'ioo! It'chie! Hit'chii!”

James, who is still engaging in an animated debate with Sirius, rubs her hand absent-mindedly, but Remus gives her a look.

“Are you alright?”, he asks quietly.

“Sure”, Lily replies. After all, she's just sneezing. It's natural and doesn't mean that she's sick.

“You can tell me if something's wrong”, Remus says warmly.

“I'm fine, thank you very much!” Right after she's said it, Lily regrets her tone. She didn't mean to snap at Remus, so she smiles apologetically and says less defensively: “Don't worry, really.”

Remus shrugs and returns the smile.

Later, when they walk down to the Quidditch pitch, Lily starts shivering. She feels dizzy and strange.

“You cold, baby?”, James frowns.

“Nah”, she shrugs. “Not really.”

He puts his arm around her. She knows that he's nervous and loves the fact that he still pays attention to how she feels. Still, she doesn't want him to be distracted. He needs to focus now.

Just then, Lily has to sneeze again. She buries her face in the crook of her elbow, but she can't stifle the high-pitched sound. “Hih'itchh!! Itch'iew!”

“Bless you, Lily”, James says a little irritated. “Are you okay?”

Before Lily can reply that she's fine, Sirius throws his hands up and yells: “Stop being so annoyingly protective, Prongs! Lily did fine without you for all of her life! I'm sure she can take care of herself! You need to get your head in the game!”

Lily is thankful, because afterwards, James talks to Sirius again and she can sniffle without him noticing and asking questions.

When they have to seperate, she kisses James swiftly, wishes him and Sirius good luck and goes up to the bleachers in the Gryffindor section with Remus and Peter, who is all excited for the game.

Remus, however, is not fooled as easily as everyone else. It seems to Lily as if he is keeping an eye on her, even though he isn't saying anything.

They are harrassed by a few Slytherins as they pass them, but ignore it. If Sirius and James had still been with them, a fight might have erupted, but both Lily and Remus are too level-headed to respond to the insults and Peter is too scared.

The three friends take their seats and the game starts. Everyone around her is cheering and Lily tries to do the same, but her throat hurts way too much. She actually breaks off coughing. She was hoping that it would be over quickly, but the cough turns into an actual fit and after a while, when it hasn't stopped, Remus starts rubbing her back.

The cheering dies down and finally, so does Lily's coughing.

“Are you still cold?”, Remus asks friendly and Lily nods, knowing that she won't be able to hide her shivering.

“Here. This might help”, says the werewolf and sweetly offers her his Gryffindor scarf. She accepts it thankfully, wraps it around her neck and buries her face in it.

The game begins, but Lily has trouble focussing on it. Her nose is extremely runny, but she doesn't have a hanky or anything like that with her, so she has to constantly rub at it with her hand or her sleeve. She hears Peter mumble “Oh no...” and concludes that the game isn't going great for the Gryffindors. She cares, of course, because she wants James to be happy, but right now she has bigger problems.

“Huh'tchii!”, she sneezes into her sleeve and afterwards her nose gets even more runny. Embarrassed, she turns away, but Remus, who has been observing her discretely, notices anyway. “Bless you”, he says with a sympathetic smile. “Need this?”

He gets out a hanky and she blushes, but takes it, because she really needs it to blow her nose.

Meanwhile, James is ircling the Quidditch pitch from high above. He is aware that the Slyterins are leading, but he isn't really worried. As soon as he catches the snitch, the game will end with a victory for the Gryffindors. He flies a little lower to catch sight of Lily on the bleachers, but when he finally finds her, he is surprised that she isn't cheering him on as usually. The grin vanishes off his face.

Lily looks as if she is... crying? She is holding a hanky or something like that to her face and she's turning away from Remus and Peter. He has no idea what it is, but something is obviously wrong! He wants to see her immediately and make her better, but he still has a game to finish. The only way to get to Lily is to catch the snitch.

He is flying higher than any of the other players, higher even than the Slytherin seeker, and suddenly he spots it. The tiny golden glimmer of the snitch, over by the Slytherin keeper and way below him. James checks on the other seeker quickly, but he is busy cheering for his team as they score another goal. What an idiot, James thinks and heads for the snitch. The Gryffindors start cheering as they spot him spiraling downwards. Now the stupid Slythering seeker turns his head, too, and realizes that James is close to ending the game. He steers his broomstick in James's direction and the black-haired Gryffindor has to pick up his speed. Both seekers have their eyes on the snitch now and the Slytherin's hand comes so close... but the snitch turns abruptly and now James only has to reach out and... he's got it. The Gryffindors start cheering wildly and jump off their seats! They've won the game, thanks to their seeker.

Lily gets up, too, and tries cheering for James, but she can't stop coughing. Remus stops chanting “Gryffindor” and looks at her with worry in his eyes. “C'mere”, he says gently and pulls her into a hug. “The game is over. We can go up to the castle soon.”

Lily wants to protest and push him away. She doesn't want Remus, or anyone, to fuss over her. But she's too exhausted and he's a good friend.

Most Gryffindor players start flying in circles, while their house cheers for them. Lily sighs, thinking that it'll take forever until they're done enjoying the moment. But then she spots James, who is already down on the ground.

“Remus”, she looks up at him. “Let's go.” She just points at James and Remus nods and guides her towards the stairs with gentle force.

Peter keeps babbling about how great the game was and Remus listens patiently, so Lily can just ignore him and pretend she's busy with something else. In fact, though, she is pretty busy. Busy sneezing. “Hup'chiew! It'chieww!”

Remus says nothing, only squeezes her shoulder gently. It's hard to make their way through the crowd of disappointed Slytherins, who are walking back up to their dorm already, but finally they run into James.

“There you are”, James says and pulls Lily into a tight hug. She sniffles. “Hi.”

James then holds her an armlength away from him so he can scrutinize her. “Lily, baby, what's wrong?”

“Wha...? Nothing!”, she says and blushes. “I'm proud of you, love. You did great! The game was amazing!”

James gazes into the distance for a moment. “It was pretty great, wasn't it? I mean, I just saw the snitch for the first time today and bam! Hey! Wait, you're trying to distract me, Lils!”

She looks at him innocently. “Distract you from what, James?”

“The fact that you're not well!”

“I'm alright! Why do you think something's wrong?”

He frowns. “You...just don't look good. I mean, no offense, you look gorgeous, but you're so pale and your nose is really pink... You're not sick, are you?”

“No”, she insists stubbornly. “I feel fine.”

James archs an eyebrow and then turns to Remus. “Moony? How's Lily?”

“Oh, she's been coughing and sneezing the entire time”, Remus, who has been busy talking to Peter and hasn't listened to James and Lily's previous conversation, says. “I think she might have a fever, too. She was really cold and shivery up there. You better take care of her, Prongs. Right, Lily?”

The redhead only glares at him. Then, however, her nose twitches. “Huh...itch'iooo!”

James looks at her and smirks a little. “That does it. I'm taking you up to the hospital wing. I'm sorry I didn't notice earlier. I was focused on the game.”

Instead of an answer, Lily takes out Remus's hanky again and rubs at her runny nose.

James, who recognized his friend's hanky, nods in Remus's direction. “Thanks for taking care of her, Rem. I got it from here.”

So Remus and Peter wait for Sirius, who is still being celebrated by the masses, and James signals Lily that resistance is futile. He pulls her into a tight embrace and half drags, half carries her up to the castle. All energy seems to have left her body.

“It's okay, we're almost there”, James says and kisses her forehead gently. “And baby? Next time you shouldn't try to hide it from me, okay?”

Aaaahahahaha! *faints* I adore this James! And Lily is totally cute with her sneezies, and when not hating on James, and just assdffgjjfxsk in general! The feels! :heart: Thank you Sophie, it was wonderful. :blush:

That's just what I wanted. :wub: PERFECT

PERFECT

drabble you have there.

Aaaahahahaha! *faints* I adore this James! And Lily is totally cute with her sneezies, and when not hating on James, and just assdffgjjfxsk in general! The feels! heart.gif Thank you Sophie, it was wonderful. blush.png

Thank you! blush.png I'm so very happy that you enjoyed it! I love it when people request something and are satisfied with the stuff I come up with haha... Are you a serious James/Lily shipper? I plan to write a sick James drabble at some point. :)

That's just what I wanted. wub.png PERFECT

PERFECT

drabble you have there.

Hehe... thanks so much! Glad that I managed to write it in a way that people enjoy. Besides myself, I mean! lol :D

Hopefully you'll also like the next one, even if Lily isn't in it.

Oh my gosh! That was pretty freaking adorable.

Aww...thanks! I love to hear that! heart.gifblush.png

Sooo... I was bored and had a little time and wrote this little thingie. Sick Remus and Sirius concerned. If you want it to be slash, then it's slash. If you don't, it's not slash. I like both, Remmie and Siri in love or just as friends, so I kind of left it up to everyone's imagination and preferences in this drabble. ;) Enjoy.

Sirius watched, as Remus stifled another sneeze into his sleeve.

“Potter, your ferret only has three legs. That's not what I call a complete transformation”, Professor Higgins, their transfiguration teacher, called out. She then proceeded to turn James's disabled ferret back into a hairbrush with a quick movement of her wand. “Try again.”

Sirius and Remus's hairbrushes were still untouched. “Hhh-knng!”, Remus sneezed and let out a tiny sigh. His skin was white as snow, only his nose looked shiny and red, plus a little raw from the many times Remus had rubbed it this morning.

Sirius leaned over to his friend. “How are you holding up?”, he whispered.

“I'm okay”, Remus replied, then sniffled again wetly.

Sirius paused and quickly pretended to be casting a charm on his hairbrush as Professor Higgins walked by. As soon as she had left, he turned back to Remus. “Are you lying?”

The brown-haired boy seemed to consider this for a moment, then his mouth twitched. “Maybe.”

“You're an idiot!”, Sirius said, with no hint of amusement.

A tiny smile spread on Remus's face. “For going to classes? Huh'tchiigg!”

“For going to classes when you're sick!” Sirius gave him a look and found Remus's face still buried in his sleeve. A wave of sympathy washed over him. “Bless you, Moony.”

“Thaggs.”

“I'm an idiot!”, Sirius continued, as he waved his wand absent-mindedly, which resulted in the hairbrush growing a single ferret ear. Sirius barely noticed it. “For letting you."

“What do you... - chnng! - Sorry. What do you mean?”

“Don't apologize for sneezing, Rem! You're sick! Which is why you should be in bed.”

“Yes, mom”, the werewolf replied playfully.

“Oh, you”, Sirius groaned. “I'll get you out of here.” And before Remus could protest, he had raised his hand.

“Yes?”, Professor Higgins said, apparently surprised. “What is it, Mr. Black?”

“Remus is sick”, Sirius said blunty. Several heads turned and several Slytherins began to snicker. Remus's cheeks turned pink and he tried to hide behind Sirius.

“Sick with what?”, the Professor inquired.

“A cold”, Sirius replied. When the older witch only raised her eyebrows, he added: “A wicked one, though! He's miserable, I swear. May I please take him to the hospital wing?”

A cold smile appeared on the Professor's face. “Yes, Mr. Black, you may. In thirty minutes, when this lesson ends and your lunch break begins.”

“Oh come on!”, Sirius muttered under his breath and hung his head.

Remus next to him sniffled and stifled another round of sneezes into his sleeve. “Hnn'ingg! Huh'tchhgg! Itch'hngg!”

“Don't worry”, Sirius whispered. “I'll get you out of here, Rem. Watch this.”

He took a step back, pulled Remus back with him and pointed his wand at his hair brush. Next, there was a loud bang and a small explosion with a lot of smoke. Remus went into a coughing fit and when he came back up and the smoke had cleared, he saw Sirius, covered in soot, and is eyebrows practically gone.

When the havoc inside the classroom finally ceased, the Professor walked over to them and magically repaired the hole that had been burned into Sirius's desk.

“I'm very sorry, Ma'am”, Sirius said with puppy eyes. “Don't know what just happened. Really, no clue. I sure didn't mean to -”

“It's alright”, the teacher interrupted him impatiently. “And yes, you're allowed to go to the hospital wing to get your face back to normal. Any burns?”

“Oh yes”, the black-haired boy said in a serious tone. “All over.”

“Well, then go now.”

“Um...”

“Yes?”

“May I bring a friend? My eyes got damaged, too, I think. I will hardly find the way all by myself. So... Remus, for example?”

Professor Higgins looked briefly at the sniffly boy, then nodded. “Alright, you two. Go.”

As they left the room, Sirius made eye contact with James, who looked both proud of his friend for causing so much chaos and disappointed, because he himself hadn't been a part of it.

“We'll be in our dorm”, Sirius mouthed and James had one look at the sick Remus, then signalled that he understood. Remus coughed again as they left the room.

“You're insane”, Remus said as soon as the door had closed behind them. “You burned off your eyebrows for me.”

“You came to class sick”, Sirius retorted. “Which is stupid, because being sick is the only legit excuse for skipping classes, you know?”

“Well... Hu'tchoo!”, he rubbed his runny nose, then continued. “I didn't want to miss out on...”

“Oh, shut up, you!”, Sirius laughed and began pulling Remus down the hall and into the general direction of the Gryffindor tower. “Could you be any more nerdy?”

“Huh-tcheeoo!”

“Good answer.”

“Where are we going?”

“To bed. Well, you are.”

“But the hospital wing is that wa-”

“I'm aware. But we're going to our dorm. You need rest and both of us need to skip the rest of Transfiguration. We can spend our lunch break up in the dorm and if you still feel really bad afterwards, there is still time for you to go to the hospital wing.”

“But what about your eyebrows?”

“Oh, I'll fix them myself.”

Remus chuckled, then coughed. Sirius gently put a hand on his back and rubbed it and when Remus had recovered, he asked: “Was it worth it?”

“Burning my eyebrows off so that you could get the rest you need?” Sirius grinned. “Totally.”

So-Awe-Some! :D

I can only imagine them as friends, though... as for your question, no, I'm not a serious James/Lily shipper, they're cute, but I ship her more with Severus... they're my Always. Okay? Okay. ;)

Would you write a sick Sev? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :3 :heart: You have an avid fan, it seems! :D

So-Awe-Some! biggrin.png

I can only imagine them as friends, though... as for your question, no, I'm not a serious James/Lily shipper, they're cute, but I ship her more with Severus... they're my Always. Okay? Okay. wink.png

Would you write a sick Sev? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :3 heart.gif You have an avid fan, it seems! biggrin.png

Yay!! Thank you! Sirius and Remmie used to be my OTP, but I often see them as friends now, too. I'm seriously fine with both! (:

I feel like they're just adorable no matter what haha... <3

Ohhh... I've got a fan! Me likey! :D No honestly, thanks a lot!

Now... Lily and Snivellus? *cringes* Sorry, I don't want to be mean. It's just that throughout the books I identified so much with Harry, that it's hard to see Snape as an actual human being and... okay, I'll stop here. Let's say, I might try, and if I do, I might fail miserably, then I won't post it. If it's remotely good, I'll probably post it for you. But don't be mad if it still sucks, kay? ;)

I have an idea for James/Lily. I'll write that one first, I think.

Ooh. I'm a hardcore James/Lily shipper. That was such a cute story though! Like all the Marauders are soo adorable except for Peter because his whole character is like ruined for me like Hans in Frozen but yeah. Off-topic. Good story.

I really like James and Lily together, too! (: And thank you so much! I'm happy you liked it!

Well, Peter. I don't really mind him as much as other people do. I mostly think of him as a huuuge coward (the fact that he was in Gryffindor is the only flaw in my theory) and was basically heart-broken at betraying James, but couldn't help himself because he was so terrified of Voldemort. So, in his Marauder times I imagine him as the youngest boy, in awe of James and Sirius, a bit naive, but always trying to be helpful, you know? Otherwise I also wouldn't know how to write his parts.

Too cute!

Hehe...thank you! :) Hope you like the next one, too!

Okay, people. It seems I have a lot of time on my hands. Here's another random oneshot! :D Just in case you get tired of these, let me know and I'll stop posting them. I doubt that I'll be able to stop writing them, though. I'm a girl obsessed lol...

Sickie: James <3

Most people would not consider James Potter to be the whiny type. After all, he was Gryffindor's number one bad boy (well, along with Sirius Black) and a tough Quidditch player on top of that. In fact, one time he had stepped off his broom after a match against Slytherin with two fractured ribs and a broken collarbone and he hadn't even flinched. Of course, the school nurse had managed to heal those bones within seconds and James had known that, but still, especially the girls had been impressed with the way he had toughened it out and handled the pain silently without a word of complaint. Few of them knew that James Potter could, at other times, be nothing more than a whiny baby. In fact, nobody knew, except for his parents and his three best friends.

“Ooooowwww....”, James groaned from under his blanket.

Sirius, who was sitting in the middle of their dorm with the Marauder's Map spread out in front of him, looked up and said, very slowly: “Yeees? What is it this time?”

James's head with the messy raven hair came out from under the heap of blankets. (Yes, he had convinced Peter and Remus to cover him with their blankets on top of his own, claiming that he needed the extra warmth in his ill state.) “Sirius...”, James whispered, as if he was reenacting a death scene from a movie. “My heeead hurts....”

“Does it?”, Sirius said without a trace of sympathy, his eyes still fixed on the map.

James, who seemed immune to this kind of apathy, prompty continued: “Yes. Soooo much. Like, I can barely take it anymore. It's like a hammer, inside my skull, that's...”

“James Potter”, Sirius interrupted, eyes still on the map, tracing a single black dot with his finger. “You have a headcold.”

“Oh, you don't have to remind me!” James shifted into a different position and sighed as if that had required the utmost effort. “How could I forget with my nose all blocked and this raging -”

“You're headache can't be that bad!”, Sirius interrupted ungraciously.

James looked at his friend with theatrical shock. “You have no idea”, he exclaimed and went into a coughing fit, as if on cue. However, somehow it sounded like he was drawing that fit out a bit and making it sound just a little worse than it would have naturally come out.

“The thing that really sucks”, Peter chimed in now, “is that it's the holidays. All the stuff we had planned...”

“Oh, don't remind me, Pete!”, James said and grabbed another tissue off his nightstand, then blew his nose loudly and unashamed. “Thinking of all the fun stuff I could be doing right now makes everything even worse.”

“Is there anything we can do?”, Peter asked submissively.

“If you could...”, James coughed again. “Just bring me another class of water, Wormy....”

“Be right back!”, Peter called out and got up, apparently happy to be allowed to do something for James's benefit.

“God, could the kid have any less self-respect?”, Sirius mumbled more to himself. Remus cleared his throat uncomfortably, and James said: “Hey! He is just trying to make me feel better. Unlike some of my other self-proclaimed friends.” The way he lowered his voice to emphasize the last word, caused him to cough again.

This time, Sirius did glance up at James. He stared his best friend (who looked pretty miserable with the red nose and pale skin, admittedly) right in the eye and said: “Prongs. You have a cold. I already had two this winter and Remus had at least four.”

“Really?” James frowned. “I didn't even notice...”

Sirius rolled his eyes with exasperation. “That's because we didn't whine about it 24/7. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get back to stalking Teresa Bird.”

James chuckled. “Oh, so that's what you're doing.”

Remus gave Sirius a weird look.

“What, Rem?”

“She's in her last year, Sirius. Three years older than us.”

“So? Has that stopped me before? The girl is a dream!” He crossed his hands behind his head and his eyes went unfocused while a happy smile spread on his face. “My plan is to bump into her accidentally when she next walks through the portrait hole. That's why I need to keep watching her and be out there in the right moment. Currently, she's in the library.”

“You know that's not what we invented the map for, right, Pads?”

“That's what we should have invented it for.”

James laughed, but then his expression changed and his nose twitched.

“Brace yourself”, Remus muttered humorously. “The great Potter is about it sneeze.”

Sirius held up the map for shelter and Remus pretended to be diving under the bed. James played his part with the same talent for comedy. He glared into empty space while blinking rapidly, began breathing hectically and sneezed right in the second when Peter reentered the room with the glass of water James had requested. “Huh...ATCH'ooOOo!”

The sneeze startled the youngest Marauder so much that he dropped the glass and it shattered on the ground.

“Is there anything you're good at, Wormy?”, Sirius asked casually, while coming back up from behind the map. Peter blushed and magically removed the puddle, before leaving the room again to get a second glass of water.

Then, Sirius went back to stalking Teresa, while Remus started looking around for a good book to read and James tended to his nose again, blowing it loudly into his red and gold hanky.

Then, James apparently decided that the pleasant silence had lasted for too long. “Guuuys...?? By ndose is like... so stuffy. Do you hear that? I cadd hardly breathe!”

Remus and Sirius ignored him.

“Hey guuuuys....?? Rebbie? Sirius? Hello? Pads! Boody!” James sniffed wetly and loudly. “I mean, Moony! Pads! Stop ignoring me! My head is still really hurting. And my throat is sore, too. Wish Peter would hurry up with that water. Merlin, this cold is the worst! Like, I'm just so tired and this headache is seriously killing me.”

“The headache better hurry up, or else I'll do the job”, Sirius muttered.

“What did you say, Padfoot?” James began rubbing his temples. “Huhh'at'chOoOOo! Man, my nose is, like, sooo itchy, you have no idea!”

“Wolf-boy?” Sirius looked up at Moony and pleaded: “Will you please shut him up?”

Silencio will do, right?”, Remus grinned back at the black-haired boy.

James, who was currently blowing his nose again, sat up in bed. “What? Oh man, I swear, this headache is the worst! Somebody kill me already!”

“Oh, with pleasure”, Sirius mumbled.

“No, I mean it! I'm serious – no pun intended, Pads – I can't take it anymore! My throat is all raw and itchy. And my nose... can you hear how stuffed up I am? Dude, I feel really sick...”

Sirius shared a look with Remus and groaned in exasperation. He knew that they would have to listen to their friend's bitching for at least another two hours until James was finally exhausted enough to fall asleep. Then, suddenly, Sirius had a brilliant idea.

“James?”

“Huh?”, the sick boy mumbled groggily.

“If you don't stop being a major cry baby, I'll tell Lily all about this.”

James's eyes widened. “You wouldn't do that! You're my friend! Sirius!”

“I'm dead serious. And you'll be dead James if you don't shut it now.”

“That pun was horrible, mate.”

Sirius only looked at him.

“Please....?”, James begged. “Please don't tell Lily about how I act when I have a cold? She already despises me and if you tell her that I whine about things like runny noses...”

“She'll hate you forever, yup”, Sirius replied, happy that he had found a way to blackmail James.

“Okay”, James said and took a deep breath. “I solemny swear that I will suffer silently and not bother the fellow marauders, who claim to be my friends, anymore.”

“That a boy”, Sirius nodded.

So James turned around and rested his head, while musing about how Peter might have gotten lost on the way to the kitchen and back up.

Suddenly, James's body jerked forward. “Huh'ATChioOO!” He sniffed and quickly said: “That wasn't my fault. I'll shut up, just don't tell Lily...”

“Shut up now and nobody will get hurt”, Sirius said with a sweet smile.

James acted out zipping his mouth, turned back around and was actually silent for the next five minutes, which seemed like a miracle to Sirius and Remus.

Then, the door burst open and Peter entered the dorm.

“Boys”, he called out. “This Slytherin girl bumped into me – totally on purpose – and then I fell and the glass shattered – I can't believe it happened twice today – and then”, he gasped, “then I fell and my arm landed on the glass and now I've got these cuts and they really huuuurt....!”

“then I fell and my arm landed on the glass and now I've got these cuts and they really huuuurt....!”

Selective Quote

Ohh, you! ;) James can be quite the baby, but it looks like so can Peter!

OTH... Aside from the tiny heartbreak the Snape comment (but he did have feelings! :( ) caused me, I also saw you didn't get the Fault in our Stars reference, did you? :P

If you didn't, please read the book! It's awesomesauce! :)

Yeah, sorry about Sni... um... Snape! :P

And actually I thought that wow there was a HP and a FIOS reference in one, but just forgot to mention it. It is true, though, that I've only read the first few pages online and not more. I was kinda thinking that this time I could just wait for the movie, but now that you're saying I should read it, I guess I got no choice, huh? ;)

Ohhh yees!! :D Somebody else decided to post, you have no idea how excited I am for this! *heart rate increases notably*

*reads through the whole things quickly*

*jaw drops*

Okay, honestly, happysmile023, I loved every second of that! I basically smiled through the entire thing! I loved it lots and I'm so glad you posted, but now on to a more sophisticated feedback. (Sophisticated. Hah. I'll try.)

He hurriedly started clearing the tissues of his desk, trying to make it look more presentable.

Somehow, that's really sweet! James...<3

She had always thought of James and Sirius’s posse as troublemakers who didn’t care about school. James and Sirius always got top marks, of course….but she had thought they were just naturally intelligent. Now she realized that they also did their homework. Her standards of them were suddenly raised. Now that she thought about it, in comparison to a 4th year James, James working on coursework through a cold was incredibly remarkable.

At first the whole James as Head Boy thing had me a little confused, but this paragraph made things clear, I think. (:

As the night wore on, Lily began to suspect that James wasn't here for his own peace and quiet, but rather for his friends and fellow Gryffindor students.

Oooohhh...this is adorable! *goes into full fangirl mode* No, seriously, James...<3 So cute! :wub:

“You know… we could go out. Be a couple.”

Well, that escalated quickly. o.O It's sweet, though! (;

“Oh. I mean, oh yeah! I have! Yeah! I mean yeah, I’d love to!”

I smiled at his reaction! Really cute.

So, all in all, really well done. Gave me, like, that warm fuzzy feeling haha... I hope my feedback was SOPHIEsticated enough (sorry, that pun had to be done ;) ). Thanks so much for this wonderful drabble!

And to all, yes, others are most certainly welcome to post Marauder drabbles on here! ;)

So, this one is especially for OhDearBlessYou, but everyone else is of course also free to enjoy it! :P

Snape and Lily... I still can't believe I did this. The stuff I do for my readers lol... Hope you all like it! :*

A/N: Quite a lot of plot to go through, I'm afraid. But there will be sneezing eventually, I promise!!^^

Lily was on her way to the library with another Gryffindor girl from her dorm, Mary.

“So”, Mary said, grinning excitedly. “You're going to the Slug Club Party tonight, right?”

“Right”, Lily said unenthusiastically. She didn't know why Mary was always obsessing about the Slug Club and figured she wouldn't be as excited if she was actually a part of it. Lily herself didn't particularly enjoy having dinner with the odd group of people that Professor Slughorn had handpicked because of their talents or connections. The evenings usually consisted of conversations about somebody's uncle or aunt or third-cousin and their successes in various fields, such as quidditch or the ministry or dragon research or something like that. To be honest, Lily would rather spend her time in the library, finishing her homework, or relaxing with a good book, then going to the Slug Club Party. But she had been invited and Slughorn was always nice to her, so who was she not to show up without a good excuse?

“Well”, Mary continued, bobbing her head back and forth excitedly while walking, apparently unable to contain herself. “Which boy did you ask to come with you?”

Lily frowned. “Hm?”

“Last night at dinner I heard Lucious Malfoy ask Anabelle Zabini! He said that Slug Club members are allowed to bring in... you know, outsiders. So you should bring a boy...as a date!”

“But I don't want a date!”

“Too bad I'm not a boy...”, Mary sighed. “Otherwise you could've asked me. Oh, and too bad none of the boys asked me...”

“It doesn't matter”, Lily tried to comfort her. “The party really isn't going to be as much fun as you think it is. Trust me.”

“That's easy for you to say. Unlike me, you got invited.” Mary seemed sad for a moment, then from one second to the next the excitement was back. “So? Are you going to ask him?”

Lily raised her eyebrows in surprise. “Who?”

“James! James Potter!”

Lily couldn't help but laugh. “Yeah, right. Why would I do that?”

“Lily!”, Mary exclaimed. “He's been waiting for you forever! And he's soooo adorable! I mean, sorry, have you seen his eyes? Or the way he plays Quidditch? Lily, he's a star and he wants you! It's about time you end your little game of hard-to-get.”

“That's what you think I'm doing? Have you ever considered that I actually don't like him?”

Mary cocked her head. “Are you serious?”

They entered the library just then and Lily spotted James and his friends at one of the tables. “Oh, great. Is he stalking me or something? It's like he always knows where I'm going and gets there first!”

“That's so sweet!”

Lily rolled her eyes. “You mean creepy!”

James was looking up and waving at her. Lily waved back ironically.

“Come on”, Mary said and started tugging at her sleeve. “They want us to sit with them.”

Lily took a deep breath. The truth was that she wasn't sure about James lately. Sometimes he seemed okay, nice even, and she thought that maybe the way he acted in front of others was just part of that show he had to keep up as Gryffindor's star seeker and all that. Also, his best friend Sirius Black and him seemed to be in a constant contest about who could act like the bigger idiot. Then, at other times, she was sure that he still was the same stupid jerk he'd always been and that he was just trying to trick her into liking him by acting nice every once in a while.

While she was still trying to decide whether she should go with Mary, she suddenly spotted another familiar face at one of the desks in the back. It was Severus and he was all by himself. She hadn't talked to him in a long time and she honestly missed him in her life.

“Mary, you go and sit with them”, she said. “I've got to go.”

“Wha...?” Mary stared after her with her mouth wide open, but Lily ignored it and walked past the Marauders and towards the back of the room confidently.

At first, Severus didn't look up. She just took a seat silently and watched as he continued to scribble notes onto a sroll of parchment.

After a while, she asked: “Are you going to talk to me?”

“Why don't you go talk to Potter and his friends?”, Severus asked grumpily, still without looking up from his work.

Lily frowned. Somehow, his voice sounded strangely husky. She didn't mention it when she answered: “Don't be ridiculous. I'd much rather talk to you”, but started watching him more closely.

He looked pale. Then again, he always looked pale. But today she detected the slightest tint of pink on his cheeks and the tip of his nose. Also, there were dark circles under his eyes.

At her reply, the slightest smile appeared on Severus's face. Then, he sniffled.

“What are you working on?”, Lily asked. “Maybe I can help.”

“It's Potions”, Severus replied and sniffled again. This was becoming irritating.

“Oh, well”, Lily laughed, “then I won't be able to help you.”

She was good at potions, very good according to Slughorn, but Severus was basically a genius.

“So”, Lily asked casually. “Did you ask a girl to come to Slughorn's party with you tonight?”

He glared at her.

“You know there is nobody for me...”, he said quietly and she felt herself blush. Of course, he hadn't actually added the words 'but you', but the way he was looking at her...

“Okay, sure”, she stuttered, confused. When exactly had all of her relationships become so complicated?

“What about you?”, he continued undeterred. “Did you ask a boy?”

Lily shook her head. “Who, do you think, would I ask?”

“Potter.” He basically spit out the word.

Lily groaned. “Why would you say that, Sev?”

He sniffled again – somehow Lily was overly aware of it – turned away to rub at his nose and looked back at her. “I heard him and his friends talk at breakfast. They were sure that you would ask him.”

“Oh, were they?” Lily took a deep breath.

Severus looked her in the eye. “Are you angry?”

“Am I...? I'm gonna walk right up to that bastard, take his ego and shove it up his...!”

“Hey.” Severus put a hand on her arm gently. “Lily, calm down.”

“Don't tell me to calm down! If Potter thinks I actually considered asking him, he's completely delusional! I can't believe that jerk! Who does he think he is?”

“Hey, Lily!”, said jerk called across the room right then. She turned her head with flying red hair, just to see James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew and Mary grin widely at her.

“Slughorn's party starts in an hour! You should ask me now, so I can go change!”, James yelled across the library, turning several heads.

Lily wanted to get up, she already had her hand on her wand, but Severus held her back.

“Sh, it's okay”, he whispered. All the sudden, James started choking and the smirk vanished off his face. From what Lily could see, it looked as if he was trying to talk, but couldn't get out a single word.

She stared at the group of Marauders, saw Sirius give Severus an ugly look, while getting up and helping the still choking James out of the library. Mary followed them curiously.

Severus turned away to cough a little, then quickly took his hand off of Lily's arm.

“Are you okay?”, she asked and he nodded quickly.

Lily could feel a smile spread on her face. “That was you, right?”

Severus looked up at her and his mouth twitched. “Maybe.”

“Did you invent this one?”

The Slytherin boy couldn't hold back a grin. “Just for Potter. It should shut him up for a while.”

“Um... not that I actually care, but how long is a while?”

“Oh... a few months maybe. He'll be fine next summer at the latest."

“Sev!!”

“I'm joking. It'll only last a few minutes, sadly.”

Lily started getting out her homework, when she noticed Severus sniffle again. She was just about to say something, when he turned to the side and sneezed twice. “Huh...tch'oo! Nn'Tchioo!”

“Sev?”

“Mm.”

“Bless you.”

He sniffled, said nothing and went back to his homework. Lily tried to remember the last time she had seen him sneeze. She couldn't.

Apparently the sneezes had made his nose even more runny, because now he was sniffling constantly, every two seconds, and kept turning his head to wipe his nose on his sleeve.

Lily observed him for a long time, before she finally dared to say “Do you need to blow your nose?”

He didn't look up, but she noticed the way he blushed slightly. “It's nothing.”

A few seconds passed. “It doesn't sound like nothing”, Lily said carefully.

“We didn't talk in so long, I completely forgot how annoying you can be”, Severus said.

Lily smiled. “Well, I'm here now and I won't leave that easily again.”

Severus sniffled wetly again. “What's that supposed to mean?”

“If we're going to the Slug Party, we could just go together, right?”

He froze. “Really?”

“I don't know. I don't really care. We could just go as friends, right?”

His head seemed to drop forward a little. “Sure”, he said quietly.

Then, suddenly, he brought up his arm and covered his face with it as another round of wet sneezes escaped him. “Ni'tchiuu! It'chioo! Hitch'ooo!”

“Sev!”, Lily said sternly. “Something's wrong with you! Don't deny it!”

He wiped his runny nose slowly, then looked up at her, exhausted. “It was Potter with his stupid friends.” His voice was dripping with sarcasm (while his nose was dripping with something else) as he said: “They cleverly managed to lower the temperature in the Slytherin dorms to about 5°C. Little geniuses.”

“So you've been freezing in your sleep for how many nights now? Why didn't you tell the teachers?”

“So they can laugh at us for giving up? No, we're going to find out how to reverse that spell. We're working on it.”

“Oh, Sev...” She gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

“I... Itch'iooo! Excuse me, Lily.”

“It's fine. It's not your fault. And if you don't tell the teachers, I will. For now, you should get some rest. In a warm place.”

“I'm not going to the hospital wing. Potter is probably there right now, trying to get rid of that paralyzed-tongue-spell I cast on him.”

“You said it would only last a few minutes!”

“Yeah, well, he's the first person I'm testing it on. So, who knows?”

Lily sighed. Severus sneezed.

“We need to get you somewhere where you can get better. I'm not allowed to bring you into my dorm and yours is freezing cold. Where can we go?”

“I know a place”, Severus said suddenly. “That special room I told you about! The one that only opens when you need it!”

Lily's face lit up. “Perfect! It'll probably be filled with blankets and tissues and tea for us! Just what you need! Let's go!”

So they packed their things quickly and Lily pulled Severus up.

They had just left the library, when he stopped. “What is it?”, she asked and added sympathetically: “Do you have to sneeze again?”

“No! It's just... what about the party? We're invited. You wanted to go, right?”

“That was before I knew you were sick, Sev”, she said warmly. “Besides, I'd much rather just be with you.”

He looked up at her, doubt clouding his dark eyes. “Really?”

“I promise”, she said and then she did something that surprised them both equally.

She leant forward and gave Severus a soft kiss on the forehead.

Sooo... Who realized why James is always where Lily is?? *cough* MARAUDER'S MAP *cough* ;)

And... omg, making the Marauders look so bad in their own drabble thread, what have I done?!

Well, considering I don't like Snapey particularly much, I did alright. Right? I did try. So, I hope you all liked this. Especially OhDearBlessYou! Tell me what you think! Thanks!

PS: Did you notice I put the temperature in Celsius? Cuz they're in England. Authenticity and all. Don't tell me I don't try. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, considering I don't like Snapey particularly much, I did alright. Right? I did try. So, I hope you all liked this. Especially OhDearBlessYou! Tell me what you think! Thanks!

Thank you so very much for this, Sophie! :hug: You have no idea of how much I appreciate it. Your drabble is quite charming, and yes, considering you don't even like Sev, you did a pretty damn good job. I loved all of it! Sev's sneezes, denial, concerned Lily, and and and just simply cute and tender in general! <3 :3

“Oh, Sev...” She gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

“I... Itch'iooo! Excuse me, Lily.”

“It's fine. It's not your fault. And if you don't tell the teachers, I will. For now, you should get some rest. In a warm place.”

Awwww!!!! This is beyond adorable!! :wub: Sev being so gentle, and Lily being so concerned!! Aah, the feels!! :wub:

“No! It's just... what about the party? We're invited. You wanted to go, right?”

“That was before I knew you were sick, Sev”, she said warmly. “Besides, I'd much rather just be with you.”

He looked up at her, doubt clouding his dark eyes. “Really?”

“I promise”, she said and then she did something that surprised them both equally.

She leant forward and gave Severus a soft kiss on the forehead.

asdflskjdfñljflñksajñlfdskjfklñjaslfksdjñlasjdflñkjfñldasjñlkfjlkañjfsdñlkjfadlñsfkja <3

Severus looked her in the eye. “Are you angry?”

“Am I...? I'm gonna walk right up to that bastard, take his ego and shove it up his...!”

“Hey.” Severus put a hand on her arm gently. “Lily, calm down.”

Ha! :D Lovely way of keeping PG-13! :P

Thank you so very much for this, Sophie! :hug:

You are very welcome! :hug: I'm glad you liked it so much! (:

Wow, can you believe this thread now has over 4,000 views and over 100 replies? I'm a little overwhelmed. But happy! :)

So... as some of you may know, lately I have this thing for the Supernatural Cast (especially Misha Collins<3). It's a bit ridiculous, but I'm, like, in love with him and thus mostly only write about him (and Jensen and Jared, who are also adorable).

That's why I just wanted to stress again that I consider this an *open* thread and if anyone else wants to write and post something, that would be awesome and maybe inspire me! c:

• 4 months later...

Hey guys! *waves enthusiastically*

Remember when I said that eventually I'd get into the Marauders again, because it happens in cyclic phases? :D

(I said that, right? Or did I only think it...?)

Anyway... it happened. Like, two days ago, I started reading some Marauder fanfiction again and got super into it, and ever since I've been drowning in OTP feels (Sirius/Remus! :heart: ), so I decided to write another drabble/ OS for this thread.

Pairing: Sirius/Remus, Siremus, Wolfstar, Simus, my OTP... all means the same! ;)

Sickie: Remmie! (at first...)

Hope somebody likes this! Comments are, as always, appreciated! :)

Warnings: It's slash (nothing super adult, but, you know, don't read it if you don't like it! Thanks!) Also... language! Oops... :laugh:

Title: Challenge... Forfeited

“Aren't we the greatest!”, James said with a satisfied smile. He pulled off his Quidditch robes and carefully placed them on a hanger, then leaned his broomstick against the wall just as carefully.

Normally, the boy didn't give a smeg about his clothes and just threw them on the ground next to his bed, but everything Quidditch was different.

“It was really great!”, Peter confirmed. His cheeks were still flushed from the excitement. He'd watched in awe as James had caught the snitch and won the game for Gryffindor less than twenty minutes ago.

“I know, right?”, James said proudly. After this spectacular win, he still felt high on adrenaline.

His best mate Sirius, however, wasn't as excited. Of course, as the beater, he'd also contributed to Gryffindor's win, and normally he would be stoked. But not today. And all because a certain werewolf hadn't been in the audience to watch, so what was the point in winning, really?

“Remus!”, he said and walked right up to the other boy's bed, where he was met by close-drawn curtains.

Remus had woken up feeling sick, and the other Marauders (mostly Sirius, to be honest) had convinced him to stay in bed instead of going out into the cold to cheer them on. After all, nobody knew how long a particular Quidditch game was going to take, and Sirius had claimed that it might take weeks (which James had protested, because obviously he wasn't going to take that long to catch the snitch) and that Remus might catch his death.

Of course, they would have taken him to the hospital wing right away on any normal day, but whenever there was a big Quidditch match, the school nurse had to focus all of her attention on healing concussion and broken bones, so there really wasn't any time for a boy with a cold.

“We'll take you there tomorrow, Moony”, Sirius had promised. “Just try to get some rest today.”

Leaving Remus all alone when he was so sick hadn't been easy, but James had finally persuaded Sirius with the old saying that normally only applied to girl Quidditch players... (“Come on, Pads. You know how it is. Broomsticks before dicks. Even when it's Moony.”)

And now that the game was finally over, Sirius was looking at closed curtains. He exchanged a quick look with James, who shrugged and didn't look half as worried as Sirius felt. Then, he quickly pulled back the curtains.

His heart contracted when he saw Remus, lying motionlessly, even more pale than usually, except for the hint of pink coloring his high cheekbones and his nose, with the blanket pulled up all the way to his chin.

“Remmie...”, he whispered, making sure that James couldn't hear him. It was his secret nickname for Remus. When the other boy didn't react, he reached out to gently touch his shoulder, and said, a little louder this time: “Moony, it's me. Wake up.”

Now Remus blinked, and started shifting uncomfortably.

“What's wrong?”, Sirius asked immediately. He ignored James's whisper in the back: “Oh, please, don't get all soppy now, Pads.”

“Nuthin'. I'm just... a little warm... is all”, the werewolf mumbled. Sirius looked deep into his caramel eyes, then gently placed a hand on his forehead. It felt warm to the touch, too warm, but Sirius didn't want to worry Remus, so he just said: “You're fine.”

Remus nodded feebly. “Okay.”

“We won!”, James yelled, still super excited.

“That true?”, Remus whispered. His voice sounded raspy. Suddenly, he sucked in his breath and turned his head to the side. “Heh'eshh'oh! Heh'Ishhh!”

“Bless you, Moons”, Sirius said softly. “And yeah, it is.”

“I did great!”, James added. “Should've seen me catch that snitch with my left hand! It was pretty spectacular! Right, Wormy?”

Peter nodded enthusiastically, which caused Remus to smile.

“He did play pretty well today”, Sirius told Remus with a nod towards James and a small smile.

“Bet you were not too bad yourself”, Remus whispered in response, lowering his voice seductively, which, sadly, caused him to cough.

“Hey, want some water?”, Peter asked. It was sweet how the kid always tried to be helpful.

“I'll get it!”, James said, before Remus could even reply. “And I call the first shower, Sirius!”

“Sure, go ahead!”, Sirius said and James disappeared towards the bathroom.

Peter stood in the middle of the room awkwardly, but when he saw Sirius leaning a bit closer to Remus to run his fingers through the other boy's hair, he turned away discreetly.

“Is there anything I can do for you?”, Sirius whispered. He hated seeing Remus suffer like this.

“Just... stay with me? Huh'Eshhh! 'scuse me.”

“Bless you, Remmie. And of course I'll stay with you.”

He sat down on the edge of the bed and when Remus slowly pulled his arm out from under the blanket, he took his hand. “See”, Sirius said. “I'll stay right here, and I won't let go of your hand until tomorrow when I can bring you to the hospital wing.”

Remus had to cough again, but Sirius could see him smile.

Suddenly, James returned from the bathroom. “Here's your water, Moony”, he said, but paused when he saw that Sirius's and Remus's fingers were interlinked.

“Woah, did I interrupt a moment here?”

“Wouldn't be the first time”, Sirius replied jokingly.

“Ew, don't remind me of that one time when I walked in on you two snogging! Please! I don't think I'll ever be able to forget those images, Padfoot!”

“I suppose you're scarred for life, then”, Sirius replied cooly. At first, Remus and him had tried keeping everything secret, but now... not so much. Plus, he knew that James was only joking.

“Besides”, he added. “At least Remus and I don't try to eat each other's faces, the way you and Evans do!”

This comment earned him a smack on the head.

“Careful there, Black! If I tell Lily what you just said, she'll hex you! Oh, and will you take the bloody water from me already so I can go shower?”

Sirius took the glass of water from him and helped Remus sit up. “Here”, he said and carefully handed him the glass. “Drink up.”

“Okay, I'll leave you two puppies alone now”, James said, but after a long, calculating look, he added: “You two know that you can't kiss until tomorrow, right? Otherwise you'll catch what Remus has, Sirius.”

“Sure, okay”, Sirius said off-handedly.

James was still staring at them. “What”, Sirius said defensively. “You think we can't stay away from each other for one night, Prongs?”

“That's excactly what I think.”

“That's ridiculous! Right, Remus?”

“Ab... solutely. Yes. Of course, we can... um... wait...” He wrinkled his nose, and had to turn to the side again. “Hup'chieww! Heh'Eshh'ew! Hehh... heh...IShhh!”

“Bless you”, Sirius said, squeezing Remus's hand gently and taking the now empty glass of water from him.

“There!”, James exclaimed, while taking it from Sirius. “You're touching! It's only a matter of time until you have Remus pushed up against the wall, doing whatever you blokes do whenever I'm not around!”

“I would never!”, Sirius defended himself. “Well, not when he's ill, at least.”

“Hah! So you do like pushing him up against the wall when you snog! I knew it! It's just your style.”

Remus had blushed immensely, and quickly started rubbing his nose to hide his face, so Sirius told James to shove it, and James left, laughing all the way to the showers. Peter claimed he wanted to go down to the common room, and Sirius was glad that apparently by now he had learned when it was best to give Remus and Sirius some privacy.

“How does he even know about this kind of stuff...?”, Remus whispered hoarsely.

“He's my best mate.” Sirius shrugged. “I guess he just knows. Still... it's a bit creepy. But anyway, you should try to get some rest.”

Remus sniffled and looked up at him with those big, glassy eyes. “I don't feel tired anymore, though.”

“But you need to sleep...”

“But I don't.... wait... Huh'Eshh'eww! I don't want to.”

“Bless you. And when did you start being so stubborn? Oh, right, you've always been that way.”

Sirius smiled at Remus and Remus smiled back. God, he looked adorable and Sirius could feel his heart race in his chest.

When Remus started sniffling again, Sirius started looking around for a hanky and finally found one, which he then handed to Remus.

“Thanks”, the werewolf said stuffily and blew his nose, then put the hanky back on the nighstand.

“You know”, he said, then. “As much as I hate to say this, James is probably right, you know. We shouldn't kiss. I'll just get you sick, and I don't want that.”

“Right”, Sirius said. “We won't kiss, then. Just for one night. I mean, how hard can it be?”

“Exactly. Just for one night.”

Over the next hour, Sirius didn't leave Remus's side, just as he had promised. Every one in a while, he got Remus a hanky when he needed to blow his nose. (At some point he charmed it to clean itself.) He put his hands to the other boy's forehead and cheeks every once in a while to feel if his temperature had increased, which thankfully, it had not. The rest of the time, he just played with Remus's hair, knowing that this would comfort the sick boy.

Just when he thought Remus had fallen asleep, he suddenly opened his eyes at him and looked him deep in the eye.

“Sirius?”, he whispered hoarsely.

“Yes, Remmie?”

“Thanks for taking care of me.”

And that was it. That was when Sirius lost control. Those big puppy eyes, those flushed cheeks, the tousled hair... He leaned forward until their lips connected and kissed Remus passionately. Remus responded immediately. Sirius could tell that he, too, had been longing for this kiss.

When Sirius finally pulled away after a few intense seconds, they were both gasping for air.

“Oops”, Sirius said, and a smile spread on his face.

“Don't stop”, Remus whispered breathlessly. And Sirius obeyed happily.

Two days later, Remus was all better. Magic was so incredibly useful at times.

Sirius was happy to see the color return to Remus's face and hear his voice go back to its usual, smooth sound. At the same time, though, he started feeling a bit... under the weather.

No matter how hard he tried to hide the sniffles or mask his coughs, James still started shooting him those suspicious looks.

Then, when they were walking to potions, it happened. When he felt the tickle in his nose, he stopped, hoping that the others would keep walking, but of course they all stopped and stared at him.

“Sirius...?”, Remus mumbled, sounding a little alarmed. But Sirius couldn't reply.

“HahESHHHehh! HhhhATSHHoOOO! Heh....heh'Atchh'OoOO!”

“Well, well, well...”, James said, as soon he was done. He was smirking gloatingly. “Look who decided to snog after all, even when I specifically told them not to!”

“Who?”, Sirius asked innocently.

James looked pointedly at Remus, then back at him.

“What, Rem and I? We would never! It was just that one night, so of course we didn't...”

“Don't make me slip a few drops of Veritas Serum into your drink, Pads! I know you're lying!”

“How dare you, Potter? And you call yourself my best friend? You... Huhhh'AtChieww!”

Remus took a step towards him and pulled him into a hug.

“It's true”, he said in James's direction. “Now stop gloating and help me bring him to the hospital wing!”

James didn't stop gloating, but at least helped Remus with the latter. Needless to say, he wouldn't let his two best mates hear the end of this incident.

Let me know if you liked it! Thanks!

xx, Sophie

AHH! Remus and Sirius are my OTP too! I can't even handle how freaking adorable this was, especially how sweet Sirius was to Remus. This in particular:

“Sirius?”, he whispered hoarsely.

“Yes, Remmie?”

“Thanks for taking care of me.”

And that was it. That was when Sirius lost control. Those big puppy eyes, those flushed cheeks, the tousled hair... He leaned forward until their lips connected and kissed Remus passionately. Remus responded immediately. Sirius could tell that he, too, had been longing for this kiss.

When Sirius finally pulled away after a few intense seconds, they were both gasping for air.

“Oops”, Sirius said, and a smile spread on his face.

“Don't stop”, Remus whispered breathlessly. And Sirius obeyed happily.

D'awww wubsmiley.gif

But by far, the thing that had me fairly cackling out loud, was this:

Broomsticks before dicks. Even when it's Moony.

And I thought of a proper saying for heterosexual male Quidditch players... "Snitches before bitches!"

roll2.gif

Okay, I'm done now.

Edited by SneezeyLove