Sneeze Fetish Forum

Your Unpopular Ships

Galaxy

Wouldn't Jafar and Captain Hook make a nice couple? I mean, come on. Two crooks with more gay sides who are grumpy. No one is more meant for each other.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Watson/Sherlock Holmes is my first and only ship (usually I'm not into shipping at all), but I guess my prefered version of that ship is a little more unusual/unpopular because I don't see them becoming a romantic couple until they are in their 60's. So I guess my unpopular ship would be called 'retirementjohnlock' or something. :laugh:

Haha- I guess they'd finally know they love each other when they were older. Like my girl, she aged (a year) and looked nice.

John Watson/Sherlock Holmes is my first and only ship (usually I'm not into shipping at all), but I guess my prefered version of that ship is a little more unusual/unpopular because I don't see them becoming a romantic couple until they are in their 60's. So I guess my unpopular ship would be called 'retirementjohnlock' or something. laughing.gif

I heart retirement!lock with all my heart. In Sussex, with the bees, and novels and long walks and naps and . . .

Bubbline is the most popular ship on that show! :lol: They would be canon but the network wouldn't allow it so the writers just hint at it reallllly hard.

Bubbline is the most popular ship on that show! :lol: They would be canon but the network wouldn't allow it so the writers just hint at it reallllly hard.

Oh, we'll I'm not really part of the fandom, but yeah I've noticed the hinting part. Sucks the network wouldn't allow it. CN could use more gay characters.

Truth.

Does anyone here ship MollyxIrene from Sherlock?

You know…I'd never really thought about it but now that I do….YES. I can totally see Irene toying with sweet Molly. I may have to write that someday….

Remus/Tonks from Harry Potter is a canon but relatively unpopular ship. I kinda like the idea of them though, even if it was totally forced and weird in the books. I think it's an interesting relationship.

I think Ursula from The Little Mermaid and Captain Hook from Peter Pan would be perfect for each other. I mean he lives on the sea and she lives in it! :)

I think Ursula from The Little Mermaid and Captain Hook from Peter Pan would be perfect for each other. I mean he lives on the sea and she lives in it! :)

I had never even thought of that! :)

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread and although I'm almost new to fanfiction, I have gotten into a couple of fandoms. The Miranda/Andy ship from Devil Wears Prada is my no 1, but that's pretty much the only one going on. However, my unpopular ship would be Janeway/B'Elanna from Star Trek:Voyager. Everybody ships Janeway/Seven. Gaaah, I always thought Janeway would fit much better with B'Elanna. :whip:

Great topic!

Well, I don't tend to ship much outside of Hetalia, but within that fandom I have quite a few pairings, some more popular than others. For example, my ultimate OTP from any work of fiction ever is the semi-canonical Austria x Hungary (That's personified FYI if anyone isn't a Hetalia fan; I don't ship landmasses) and they're not very popular at all on this forum, though they do get a lot of deviantart and fanfiction love. I also ship France x England whereas everyone else on here seems to be an America x England fan. Other than that, some of my more unpopular ships include Romania x Bulgaria, Monaco x Seborga, Estonia x Ukraine and Vietnam x Taiwan. It's quite nice to support something a bit more unique sometimes :).

April (Aubrey Plaza) and Ben (Adam Scott) on Parks and Recreation. I know it would never happen, as they are both happily married, but I definitely see some chemistry there. I thinks it's meant to be a brother/sister t type of relationship, but it comes off more sexual tension-y.

This thread made me realize how lucky I am for being into popular ships so much! I mean, my OTP is Remus/Sirius (which a lot of HP fans love as well), then there's Chase/Cameron from House M.D., which is even canon (even though they're relationship turned into a train wreck somewhere down the road, sadly...). Hm... Jace/ Alec and Magnus/ Alec (the first one was almost canon and the second one was) from the Mortal Instruments.

Tarotgal made me fall in love with Cedric/ Oliver (also HP). That one is a little unusual, I guess.

That's all I can think of right now and seriously, the majority of these aren't unpopular at all! (Meaning I basically missed the point of this thread. Apologies.) Oh, wait, there's one. The Destiel shippers will certainly beg to differ, but Cas/ Anna? :D

Bobby/Crowley (from SpN) isn't all that popular, is it? And here, have a more detailed explanation of how I ship them (copypasted from this post on my dA, with every other exp<b></b>ression of you-know-what changed into "doing it", lol): I like to imagine that Bobby and Crowley have this... love/hate relationship. Bobby doesn't really like Crowley (as a person, romantically), Crowley's rather indifferent about Bobby, and they just end up doing it. Bobby's not too excited about it at first and Crowley is more like "I wouldn't mind doing it with this guy" while seeing Bobby as just another human to to do it with (but he does like it, okay).

Surprisingly few people ship Grissom/Lady Heather but damn they are a great couple. In a romantic, these-two-have-a-strong-emotional-bond kind of way.

...I really can't remember all the ships I've supported an most of them are pretty popular anyway.

What else, what else...

Oh yeah. Hehe... Gilgamesh and Enkidu? We read The Epic of Gilgamesh in English this year and all my friends and I just silently giggled at the idea. I mean, c'mon: "They kissed and became friends." I can understand that times were different back then, but... "He loved him and embraced him as a wife." That's just blatant.

And now my obsession with Gilgy from the Fate/ universe has brought it to a whole new level. Also Enkidu is in a flashback in one of the manga (I mean it's one page but it's better than nothing). And then Gil was crying as he died cry.gif (when characters who are normally in control of their emotions cry I cry).

One of my biggest ships to ever sail is Jacktor. (Jack Harkness/The Doctor). Any regeneration, any point in each others timestreams. I've spent hours ranting and sobbing about this ship and just how heartbreaking yet made for each other they are.

I'm surprised more people don't ship it, tbh. But hey ho.

Also I don't know if it counts as unpopular, as many people in the fandom ship it, but the fandom isn't very well known at all unfortunately - but Kieren/Simon from 'In the Flesh' has recently become a rather raging obsession.

Oh, and Cosima/Sarah (punky monkey) from Orphan Black.

MYSTRADE FTW.

I suppose Drarry would be pretty cute. Haven't read much on it though. <3 Ooh, and y'know, a particular FFnet writer gave me the Snape/Hermione bug. Yeah, it's a bit creepy, but what the hell.

And I'm a sucker for Avengers pairings. Science Bros (Banner/Stark) is also super cute. ThunderIron (Thor/Stark)...maybe. Also tried Thorki (Thor/Loki) for a little bit and it got too weird, so I pulled out. Clintasha (Hawkeye/Romanoff): YES. They need to admit it~

a particular FFnet writer gave me the Snape/Hermione bug. Yeah, it's a bit creepy, but what the hell.

SCREAMS AND TACKLES YOU TO THE GROUND

THAT is literally my second favorite hp ship omg omg. I didn't know people were into that?? omg let's cry about Snape and Hermione together omg

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically, my most unpopular ship is canon; it's just really, REALLY widely disliked canon.

I like the Zuko/Mai pairing from Avatar: the Last Airbender. I actually think they make a really sweet couple ("I don't hate you, too."), and I don't understand why everyone else wants to split them up. I hear somewhere that they broke up in the sequel comics, and I actually got genuinely depressed about it..._that's_ how invested I was.

I looooove Sansa/Baelish from Game of Thrones. I know it's seedy and creepy cuz she's so young and he was in love with her mother, but ugh I can't help but ship them. Probably because I think Petyr Baelish is hot as hell and I identify really strongly with Sansa... :P

Ironically, my most unpopular ship is canon; it's just really, REALLY widely disliked canon.

I like the Zuko/Mai pairing from Avatar: the Last Airbender. I actually think they make a really sweet couple ("I don't hate you, too."), and I don't understand why everyone else wants to split them up. I hear somewhere that they broke up in the sequel comics, and I actually got genuinely depressed about it..._that's_ how invested I was.

Oh man, I remember the great shipping wars of Avatar. I think Zuko and Katara were so popular because so many people like Zuko, and they'd spent so long identifying with Katara and seeing her as the only female protagonist to pair him with that they got really invested in it. I could see some of the reasoning behind tossing them together, but the nastiness and vehemence of the 'shippers at the time totally ruined any potential for me.

Also, I love Mai. I wholly support her relationship with Zuko, I think her limited affect balances out his histrionics so well.

Probably because I think Petyr Baelish is hot as hell and I identify really strongly with Sansa... tonguesmiley.gif

Dude, I had the biggest, dirtiest crush on book!Baelish. I loved his whole character, even (guiltily) when he got all creepy up on Sansa.

His actor in the show isn't unattractive, but he puts me off very subtly, I think it's his speaking style.

Archived