• Galaxy

• Spoo

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

😁Giant Encounter pt.11

Β 

Β 

Β 

(Hiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Sorry it's been a bit!!!---Β  but look!!!! Here's more of these two cuties!!!! I've been meaning keep this up and the other stories--- and I'm mega sorry!! And I'm a bit rusty--- and this is going to start off slow... But bear with me--- *and spoiler, there's no bear in this one* anywhoooo--- I hope you enjoy it!!πŸ’•)

Β 

Β 

"H-Hey!!" I squeaked as the candle light I'd been reading by went out.Β 

Β 

"Hmm?"Β 

Β 

I could feel more then see the giant raise his hands up to rub his eyes.

Β 

"I can't see," I whined.Β 

Β 

"Bedtime," the giant murmured tiredly.Β 

Β 

"I only have one page left!" When my reasoning was met with a snore I tucked my book under my arm and scrambled from my spot on his massive belly to hurry up to his face.

"Pleeeease!!" I cried with a grunt as I lifted up his eyelid. I gave my most award winning smile when I saw the eye lazily focus on me.Β 

Positive I'd made a concrete case I let the eyelid go.

I watched hopefully as the giant yawned and then... turned over.

With a huff I plopped down on his pillow and opened my book back up. I strained my eyes to read but couldn't make out a single letter let alone a word.

As frustrated as I was, I was going to finish my book.

I'd convinced the giant long ago to tie a blanket to the bedpost so I could get down. It'd taken lots and lots of promising that I wouldn't leave again like I had.

As my feet met the icy cave floor I scurried across to the small crevice. Slipping out, moonlight met me and I gladly opened my book.

"Rats!" I breathed as I could now just barely make out the words.

Sighing heavily with defeat I looked up into the woods and saw a bright golden light fluttering near the tree line.

I gasped and without thinking I dashed off towards it. The glittering light evaded me but I eventually caught it.

"Easy little lightening bug," I cooed as I kept my hands closed gently over the insect. "I'm not going to harm you, I just wanna finish this book and then I'll let you go," I smiled as I felt the fluttering of wings.Β 

"Well aren't you a fighter," I snickered as I slipped back into the cave.Β 

The giant's snores filled the cavern. I smiled as he got his bedtime like he wanted and I was going to get what I wanted. Carefully juggling, and grabbing a jar from my tent I placed the lightening bug inside and sealed with a few turns of the lid and set it down.

Settling down on my stomach to read, I devoured the rest of the book in no time.

I rolled over and onto my back and hugged the book to my chest and did my best to muffle my giggles.

Β 

The sound of a loud snort had me stopping to look back towards the massive bed where the giant slept. When the steady snores started back up, I traded my giggles in for grinning.Β 

Β 

With a satisfied sigh, I rolled back over on my stomach to look at the bug and thank it once again for it's assistance.

"You don't look like a lightening bug," I murmured as I lifted up the glass.

"You actually look like a... Noooo," I breathed softly. "Fairies can't be real."

My train of thought hiccuped as the giant turned over.

"I stand corrected," I murmured as I hadn't believed in giants until one took me home.Β 

Β 

Looking back to the jar, "I am so so so sorry. I thought you were a bug."

It could've been my imagination but I could swear I could make out a frown on the tiny face that glared at me as I slipped back out of the cave. "Thank you for your light... again I'm sorry," I uttered as I opened the jar.Β 

Β 

The ball of light, well fairy, that I'd mistaken for a lightening bug darted out before I could get the lid fully off.Β 

Β 

I wanted to wait until I could see the fairy disappear back into the woods before leaving but the thing flew rapidly around me.

"Hey!" I pouted as I jerked back from the fairy as it nearly hit me in the face. It zipped around my head.

"Ouch!" I cried as my hair got pulled.

Reaching back I swatted the air near the little pest.

The fairy glittered back into view and a bit further away from me as I swatted the air again.

Rather then wait for the little bugger to leave like I'd originally planned I headed back in.Β 

Β 

A yawn surprised me out of nowhere as I slowly made my way back to the giant and his sizable bed. I knuckled my right eye and debated asking for a lift but quickly decided against waking the giant sleeping beauty.

I snorted with a smile at my thought before my eyes widened as I saw a golden orb zip passed my head.

"Hey!" I gasped as I froze.

I watched as the fairy flew up and over to the resting giant.

"Oh no! No, no, no! Don't wake him!" I pleaded.

Β 

The fairy flew around and around as if contemplating. But finding me lacking, I watched the ball of light fly down to the giant's eye.Β 

I knew how hard it was to lift the lid to get his attention and smirked, good luck.

Β 

"Hmmm?" The giant murmured.

Β 

The bright light near his eyelid must've roused him.Β 

Β 

"Bedtime," he said tiredly as his eye opened.

Β 

I could make out that his eye was tearing up as his mouth began to slacken. And it wasn't for a yawn.

"L-Look out!" I called up to the fairy. "Sun-brightness---lights makes him--"

Β 

"HHEIGHHSSSHEEEIIOOOOUHHH!!"

Β 

"Sneeze," I finished as the fairy was caught in the massive exhale and sent across the cave.

"Bless you!" I cooed as the giant moved to sit up in bed. Rubbing his finger under his nose as he spotted me on the floor.Β 

"Yes, yes, I know, bedtime," I breathed as I saw his tired expression.

Β 

The fairy soon found it's bearings and fluttered back over to the giant's face.Β 

It spiraled above him, and soon glittering lights seemed to fall from it as it went around and around.

Β 

"Pretty," the giant smiled as he watched it fly around him.

Β 

The glitter began disappearing into his nose and I didn't think anything of it until-

Β 

"T-T-HiHH--TIII--hEiH!!--TICKLES!!"Β 

Β 

With it's work done the fairy abandoned it's circling and flew out of the cave.Β 

Β 

"HhiH!!--EhH!!-HEH-HeEiIhHH!!"

The giant's head slowly reared back as his chest swelled and swelled with every hitching breath.Β 

Β 

"Bless you?" I squeaked pathetically, hoping beyond hope that it would scare his sneeze away.Β 

Β 

"HHHURRASSSHEEEEHUHHHHHH!!! HA-AhH!!! ASSCHEEEHHHIOOOO!! UhH!!--HuHhH!!---IIIHHSSSHHEEEOOOOOO!!!"

Β 

I watched helplessly as sneeze after sneeze came roaring out of him. The bed squeaked and shuddered under him with each release. I couldn't help but think how cute he looked, head snapping down towards his chest with each sneeze. And when he turned his head to look at me, with his nose all runny.

"Awwwwwww!! You poor thing!!" I crooned, hurrying over to him as he lowered his hand over the side of the bed. As soon as I was settled he lifted me up.Β 

Β His finger continued to rub under his nose.

"Hey you're just smeari---"

Β 

Pulling at his nightshirt sleeve he rubbed his nose along it.Β 

Β 

I'd seriously under estimated just how tired he was.

"I-I'm sorry."Β 

Β 

"Pretty made my nose tickle," he yawned.Β 

Β 

"I-I'm sorry... I-I just wanted to finish my book and I thought I caught a bug but it was a fairy..."

Β 

"Book... Bug?" The giant yawned as he settled back in his bed, setting me back down on his chest. "S'Okay," he murmured as his head hit the soft pillow. "Bedtime?"

Β 

"Bedtime," I relented and laid down to sleep too.Β 

Β 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

God speaking of giant sneezes we have this work of art right here, haha! Love it!Β 

@VintagedarlingΒ I am curious though, why is the giant in this particular fic not talk in like full sentences? I don't mind it but I wondered. Is it because you're going for a more fantasy angle and writing giants in the more traditional way? Like ummm the dimwitted Disney esque sort of thing? Again no insult intended I love this fic, I'm just curious as all!Β 

• 2 months later...

Awwww! Poor dear, but oh my goodness! His sneezes are absolutely adorable! Gesundheit, to the big guy ❀️

• 4 years later...

I really love this story. I think I’ve read it about a dozen times. It’s heartwarming and fun. As well as mischievous. I look forward to reading more of your work.😍πŸ₯°πŸ˜˜

• 4 months later...

I'm really sad it's over... It was so great and lovely ! But I think it's better like that ! I can't wait to see more of your work !

(yeah I know, it's been a some months since someone talked here X) )

I love this story. It was one of the first stories I ever read here, and it brings good memories. I come back to re-read it at times. It's a really good story, and I hope you keep up the good work if that's ehat ya wanna do. πŸ˜†