Sneeze Fetish Forum

SFF Quiz 2015! (winners revealed on page 7!)

Joal 555

Congrats SomethingClever and PortlandLove and PuddinPop!

An huge thanks to Joal (and friends!) for organising it all!

I will be brushing up on my geography for next year weight_lift2.gifheh.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just like to thank Joal for all his hard work and effort that he puts into these quizzes every year. It is much appreciated and so much fun. I haven't laughed like I did when me and PL were answering the geography questions in a long time :lol:

Thank you everyone for your congratulations ^_^ I owe the victory to my extensive geographical knowledge.

and the fact that PL knew about 99.37% of the answers that I didn't

Yaaay, my congratulations to SomethingClever, PortlandLove and PuddinPop too! clapping.gif

And such a big huge thank you to Joal as well, I had so many laughs reading some of your multiple choice options and listening to your team of culturally diverse helpers! tonguesmiley.gif

I can imagine the great amount of time that would go into making it all so seamless and fun. And I truly appreciate it! Can’t wait for next year!!

...while reading the other replies I realised I didn't remember thank Joal at all! Sorry.

THANK YOU for organising this and putting your time and effort into making it work. (:

woah, thanks y'all! Unexpected! I had so much fun playing with everyone. As always, thanks a million to Joal for all his hard work putting this together for the last few years!

Bah, my tallest building knowledge is outdated! When did Japan overtake Canada's CN Tower?

Also, the Portuguese bonus, what dialect was that? Because either there's a lot more variation than I realized, or I'm deaf :lol:

More importantly of course, congrats to the winners and thanks again to Joal! :cheers:

THANK YOU JOAL!!! You are the master!!!!!

Believe it or not, Pud was the true MVP of the geography round. Someone send the girl an abacus.

*TRIGGER WARNING......STATISTICS COMING UP* tonguesmiley.gif

As threatened promised, for those fellow nerds out there, here are some absolutely riveting stats about this year's quiz with comparisons from last year where possible

Number of Entrants

There were 30 entrants in total and this broke down as follows:

22 entrants - Round 1 (Art and Literature)

21 entrants - Round 2 (Science and Nature)

22 entrants - Round 3 (Pop Music)

23 entrants - Round 4 (Food and Drink)

25 entrants - Round 5 (How Many?)

20 entrants - Round 6 (TV and Film)

21 entrants - Round 7 (General Knowledge)

Average number per round = 22

Number who competed in every round =14

There were 23 entrants in total and this broke down as follows:

22 entrants - Round 1 (Common Misconceptions)

22 entrants - Round 2 (Celebrities)

20 entrants - Round 3 (Animals)

19 entrants - Round 4 (Connections)

15 entrants - Round 5 (Geography)

15 entrants - Round 6 (Words)

15 entrants - Round 7 (Most, Highest, Largest etc)

Average number per round = 18

Number who competed in every round =13

So we were down on last year, but we had a core of loyal players - thanks all!

Average scores of rounds

Ignoring bonus points, the average score for each round was as follows:

7.73 - Round 1 (Art and Literature)

7.76 - Round 2 (Science and Nature)

5.73 - Round 3 (Pop Music) - this was the only round where nobody got 10 out of 10 on the "regular" questions

6.09 - Round 4 (Food and Drink)

6.24 - Round 5 (How Many?)

6.60 - Round 6 (TV and Film)

7.10 - Round 7 (General Knowledge)

Average score per round = 6.75

Ignoring bonus points, the average score for each round was as follows:

6.86 - Round 1 (Common Misconceptions)

4.95 - Round 2 (Celebrities)

7.30 - Round 3 (Animals)

7.11 - Round 4 (Connections)

6.13 - Round 5 (Geography)

5.73 - Round 6 (Words)

4.13 - Round 7 (Most, Highest, Largest etc)

Average score per round = 6.03

So statistically, it was a harder quiz this year (too hard?) - if we do it again next year, I will try to make it a little easier!

When did people submit their answers?

OMG (part 1) - I can't believe I logged this each week this year!

OMG (part 2) - I can't believe I'm admitting that I logged this each week this year!

OMG (part 3) - I can't believe I didn't log this each week last year! (for shame :glare: )

The average number of replies received each day were as follows:

4.8 - on Sundays

0.6 - on Mondays

0.8 - on Tuesdays

1.6 - on Wednesdays

2.2 - on Thursdays

8.2 - on Fridays

So typically people responded straight away, or left it until the final day - and in 3 cases, people missed the deadline by deferring it, so beware this tactic in the future!

Well there it is Ladels and Jellyspoons, I could go on and on, but with no wish to further jeopardise our sanity, that finally concludes this year's proceedings.

*raises a quizzical eyebrow and departs*

:joal:

• 1 year later...

Bumping this because I just realized that we didn't have an SFF Quiz this year (at least not one that I could find) and that sucks! I hope we can get one next year! I'd totally be happy to help with anything I could, and I'd even be willing to try and host it by myself if it came down to it. :) 

6 hours ago, VividBubbles! said:

Bumping this because I just realized that we didn't have an SFF Quiz this year (at least not one that I could find) and that sucks! I hope we can get one next year! I'd totally be happy to help with anything I could, and I'd even be willing to try and host it by myself if it came down to it. :) 

Just to say that for various reasons I haven't had time to organise a quiz in the same way that I did in 2014 and 2015.

I hope that at some (as yet unknown) point in the future I will be able to do another one, but in the meantime if you and/or anyone else wants to put something together, that's fine by me!

:joal:

Archived