Sneeze Fetish Forum

Convention Madness (SPN RPF -Jensen, Jared)

MissBayliss

Hi y'all!

Name: Convention Madness (couldn't think of anything else really upset.gif )

Characters: Jensen, Jared, Clif, Jeffery Dean Morgan, Rob Benedict, Richard Speight, mentions of Sebastian Roche, and others as I go on...

Summary: If you haven't got any background on VegasCon you might want to read this. So, Jared was quite sick, as well as JJ, Tom and Shep. Jensen also performed at the concert on Saturday night (brilliantly). This is completely fiction, but I thought, what if Jensen was sick too? And so this is what might have happened if he was also sick and both boys were dizzy and feverish and stumbling and mildly incoherent? Who wouldn't love that!?

So, there's no sneezing in this part but I promise there will be some in future parts smile.png

Warnings: Not in this part, but there will be vomit. Also, Jared has a dirty mouth.

Shall I begin?

Convention Madness

Part 1

He was always so precise with his movements. He had a natural rhythm and could just hit a beat without even thinking. But he looked like he was stumbling just as the song was amping up to the climax. He was sweating quite heavily, but they all were. It was baking hot under those lights and they were jumping around like maniacs. Jensen's veins stood out in his neck as he sung the chorus, nailing it, mind you. He hung his head as he finished the final note. He glanced back up and around the auditorium as the screams rattled the walls. He turned to the band. Now they could see his eyes, how distant and vacant they were. He stumbled towards the back of the stage like he was trying to find the curtains, but didn't make it that far. He put a hand out and tried to catch himself on a cymbal stand but just completely lost consciousness, eyes rolling back in his head and took out half the drum kit on his way down.

Rob was the first one at his side. The drummer was knocked backwards off his stool and was pulling himself out from under the collapsed kit.

"Jensen, hey," Rob tapped his cheek.

Richard was shouting between the curtains to call an ambulance.

"Hey, hey, hey. Wake up, buddy."

Luckily he'd fallen on his side so they didn't have to roll him, he'd be safe in that position.

"What happened?" One of the guitarists said, crouched down next to Rob. Richard was now palpating Jensen's jugular, trying to gauge his heart rate.

"It's going a mile a minute," he put his hand on his forehead, "He's burning up."

"Jensen, can you hear me?" Rob asked, squeezing his shoulder.

He was out cold.

The audience had gone eerily silent as they all watched on in shock.

"Jensen, squeeze my hand," Dick was saying. No response.

"Should we get him off the stage?" Rob whispered to Dick.

Jensen's eyes lazily opened.

"Hey! Hey, hey. Jensen, you alright?"

"'M on the floor," he mumbled, squinting at them.

"Yeah, do you remember what happened?"

Jensen looked confused, "Get me up."

"Woah, hey, I don't think you should try and get up," Dick said.

"Get me up. Get me outta here,” he slurred again, arms reaching out, grabbing at Rob and Richard’s arms.

They exchanged a worried look before helping Jensen to stand. Once he was up he stood for a few seconds under his own power then began to list into Rob.

"Jensen?"

The boys had arms around him this time and managed to keep him up as his knees buckled.

They dragged him off the stage and lay him down just behind the curtains, getting him out of the sight of the fans.

An uproar was heard as soon as they passed out of their sight, fans screaming and crying.

"Jensen! Wake up."

His eyes popped open but they roamed around like there was nothing to focus on.

Jeffery Dean Morgan was waiting backstage and quickly came over to see what was going on. Clif wasn’t far behind him.

Rob was clicking his fingers in front of Jensen’s face.

“You with me, man?”

Jensen nodded, eyes wandering to all the people around him.

“How are you feeling? Do you remember what happened?”

He shook his head, reached a wayward hand out at Rob, “I need water,” he smacked his lips together.

Dick was back from wherever he’d run off to, water bottle and damp wash cloth in hand. He passed the bottle to Rob and they helped tilt his head up and put the bottle to his lips. He coughed and jerked, so they helped him up a little more.

“What happened?” his words and eyes were getting clearer and they all breathed a sigh of relief.

“You passed out on stage. You sick, Jensen?” Dick said, a hand on his shoulder as he sat up.

“Nah, the kids are sick. I’m fine,” he shook his head.

“Jared’s got it too, that’s why he’s not here,” Rob said, looking at Dick, and the other guys gathered around.

“Alright, why don’t we all back up,” Clif said, from where he was standing, “Let’s get Jensen on the couch and stop crowding him.”

They helped him up, this time he stayed up and they were able to help sit him down on the couch, where he immediately leaned forward, his head in his hands.

Rob handed him the water bottle and he took another swig.

Clif crouched in front of him.

“Alright, how many fingers?”

“Three,” he grunted.

“Good. You know where you are?”

Jensen cleared his throat, “At the con.”

“You know what day it is?”

He paused on this one, then groaned, “Saturday.”

“Good job. Looks like JJ gave you her flu, buddy. How ‘bout we get you to bed?”

“JJ’s okay, isn’t she?” he looked around, eyes wide.

“She’s fine. She’s at home. Danneel’s got her,” he smirked, patting Jensen’s knee.

Richard looked towards the stage, listening to the cries on the other side of the curtains and the sounds of Sebastian trying to calm them.

“We better finish this up,” he whispered to Rob.

“Go, guys. We can handle this,” Jeff said.

“Cancel the ambulance,” Clif instructed a member of staff who was still standing there with a phone in his hand, “He’s just got the flu and overdid it. We’ll make sure he’s okay.”

“Come on, mister “I’m not sick”, let’s get you upstairs,” Jeff laughed, as he hoisted Jensen up, Clif on his other side.

“I’m not sick,” he groaned.

Jeff laughed, “You been Dean Winchester too long, son.”

Jensen staggered down the hall. Jeff and Clif on either side of him, making sure he didn’t bump into the walls. When they got to his door, Jensen stopped to lean on the wall, coughing hard into his fist and almost falling over again if it weren’t for Clif’s hand on his shoulder, pushing him back.

“Jensen, man, I need your key.”

His hands trembled and fumbled for his wallet in his back pocket. Jeff took it off him and started going through it, it would be much faster than waiting for Jensen’s sluggish hands.

They were about to unlock his room when the room across the hall’s door flung open and there stood a disheveled moose, clearly roused from sleep.

“What’s going on?” Jared’s voice was scratchy and his hair was a mess. His cheeks were rosier than usual and his eyes slightly glassy, not only that but he was shaking a little and looked thoroughly spent.

“Jensen got it too, Big J. Passed out right on stage, took the drum kit with him.”

“Jesus,” Jared cursed, padding over in two steps to get a closer look at his buddy. “You alright, man?”

“I already said I’m not sick,” Jensen shrugged, sliding down the wall a little.

“Yeah, sure,” Jared smirked, “Get him inside. I’ll get my pills,” Jared turned to head back to his room, his legs going like jelly causing him to stumble a little too.

“My god,” Jeff whined, putting a hand on Jared’s side to steady him, “What’s wrong with you two!?”

Clif laughed, holding Jensen up with an arm.

“I’ll fetch your meds. You get in there and sit your ass down,” Jeff turned Jared and marched him into Jensen’s room.

“Alright, J and J, meds and then rest. You both look like hell. Me and Jeff have to head back down to the concert for a few hours but I’ll come back and check on you. Watch each other, and call me if anything happens, okay?”

The boys were sitting side by side on the couch, eyes bright with fever. They nodded slowly at Clif.

“Good boys.”

How'm I doing so far? smile.png

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love you. I love you so much!

For everything that is holy and feathered, please continue this! w00t.gif

oH MY GOD. Please continue, you can't leave me hanging like this!

This is soooo something he would say... awww I love that he denies it!

“What’s going on?” Jared’s voice was scratchy and his hair was a mess. His cheeks were rosier than usual and his eyes slightly glassy, not only that but he was shaking a little and looked thoroughly spent.

“Jensen got it too, Big J. Passed out right on stage, took the drum kit with him.”

“Jesus,” Jared cursed, padding over in two steps to get a closer look at his buddy. “You alright, man?”

Awww Jared... of course he's concerned for his Jensen! I just love the dialogue here.

“My god,” Jeff whined, putting a hand on Jared’s side to steady him, “What’s wrong with you two!?”

Hahaha I can just see Jeff doing this! :P AWESOME JOB! I really hope you continue!! ^_^

Thanks guys! Here's part 2 :)

WARNINGS for vomit. (Also no sneezes yet... I'm still building up to it ;) )

PART 2

Jared was already well dosed up, and had a few hours before he could have any more meds. Jensen, on the other hand, had needed something for the fever that was raging inside him, giving him moments of honest confusion.

“Is JJ okay?” he asked for the fourth time.

“Dude,” Jared sighed, “I’m sure she’s fine, but we can call Danneel if you really want.”

They were still sitting beside each other on the couch. Clif and Jeff had gone back to the concert for the moment. Jared leant forward as he coughed. The cough was wet and rattley and when he breathed afterwards it made crackling sounds in his throat like he hadn’t gotten it all up yet.

“That’s gross, man,” Jensen stared at him with bleary eyes.

“Dude, you’re next,” he said, coughing again.

“Maybe I should… maybe I should put something… tweet something out,” Jensen leaned forward, his breaths and words being broken up by soft hiccups, “You know… s’they know ‘m okay,” he slurred.

“Are you alright?” Jared furrowed his brow at his friend.

“Yeah, ‘m… I’m… I’m gonna be sick,” Jensen shot up and raced for the bathroom.

Jared flopped back against the lounge cushions, “Come on,” he shook his head, eyes shut as he listened to Jensen retch in the other room, “I just spent the last hour with my head in the toilet. You’re going to make me sick again…”

He rubbed a hand across his belly.

“I’m SO sorry!” Jensen’s voice echoed from the bathroom, followed by more retching.

Jensen’s phone buzzed where it sat on the coffee table in front of Jared. He groaned as he leaned forward. It was Danneel.

“Hey,” he croaked, answering it.

“Hey, honey.”

“It’s Jared,” he smiled, rubbing his forehead.

“Oh, hey! Where’s Jensen?”

“Ah…” Jared tilted his head towards the bathroom door. “He’s currently puking in the sink.”

“Oh no…” she sighed, “How much did he have to drink?”

Jared laughed out loud, then coughed his lungs out, clutching at his chest, “No, he’s sick,” he panted when he could speak again.

“Awww,” she cooed, “Gen told me you got it too. That makes for a fun weekend.”

“So fun,” Jared groaned, leaning back.

As Jensen heaved and heaved over the bathroom sink, as he hadn’t made it to the toilet in time, he was quickly reminded of the distinct stages that the kids had gone through with this flu. First JJ had spiked a wicked fever, that had Danneel rushing her to the after hours doctor. Then she’d thrown up all over herself on the way back home. Luckily that phase seemed to dissipate quickly as the chesty cough and congestion started. And then there was the snot… so much snot. The symptoms would overlap and come back around across the four days but that was always how it started.

Jensen swallowed, leaning his head on the edge of the sink. He turned the tap on and washed the puke away. Splashed water on his face and rinsed his mouth out. He was covered in sweat. Who was he? Jared?

He staggered back into the lounge room.

“’S’at my phone?” he pointed at Jared as he flopped down next to him.

“It’s Danneel.”

Jensen made a ‘gimme’ gesture.

“He’s still alive. Here ya go,” he said to Danneel as he handed it over.

“Hey,” Jensen’s voice was scratchy and low.

“Aww, honey. How are you feeling?”

“I wanna… I wanna talk to JJ. She okay?” he tilted his head back against the couch and closed his eyes.

“She’s sleeping, babe. I just put her to bed.”

“Is she okay?”

“She’s fine, Jensen. Don’t worry. Are you okay?”

“I’m not even sick. I don’t know what everyone’s so worried about...” his eyes were still closed.

“Yeah, nice try, Dean. Why don’t you just go to bed, okay? Get some sleep.”

“Jensen?”

“Hey, Shackles,” Jared said, looking at Jensen. His hand had gone slack and the phone fell back onto the couch.

Jared picked it up.

“Yeah, he fell asleep,” Jared said into the receiver.

On the other end Danneel laughed, “I thought so.”

“I’ll get him to call you later.”

“Okay, Jared. Hope you boys feel better.”

“Thanks, Dee. Bye,” Jared hung up and placed the phone back on the coffee table.

He took a breath that rattled and he coughed into his elbow. Jensen startled awake with flailing limbs.

“What the hell?” he groaned.

Jared cleared his throat and thumped his chest, “Sorry, man.”

“What are you doing here?” Jensen squinted at him.

Jared rolled his eyes, “Okay, I think it’s time for you to go to bed… Come on. Up you get…”

omg Jensen! *swoon~*

Delirious and just so OUT of it! This is killing me, i'm laughing so hard I'm crying. :rofl:

Thanks for your comments, guys! Really appreciate it :) Here's some more from our favourite bodyguard's point of view :)

PART 3

Clif had asked reception to get some cold and flu medicine, as well as cough syrup and a couple of boxes of tissues. He stopped at the desk on his way back up from the concert. They hadn’t had a lot of the stuff on hand so they’d had to go out and buy it. Which was nice of them to do. Clif thanked them, made a joke about looking after two giant babies, and headed back up to Jensen’s room, expecting to see Jensen in bed asleep and Jared snoozing on the couch.

He was not expecting this.

He turned the corner into the hall and found Jared sitting on the floor in front of his room, clothed in a sweater, socks, boxer briefs and nothing else.

“Jared!” he called, jogging over to him, “What the hell, man? Where are your pants? And why are you sitting on the floor?”

Jared looked up a Clif, his lip turned down in a little pout, “Jensen threw up on my pants. I tried to come back to my room but my key was in the back pocket of them and I left them in Jensen’s room.”

“Why didn’t Jensen let you back in?”

“I assume he’s still throwing up,” he shrugged, “Or passed out.”

“Fuck me, Jared,” Clif cursed.

“Ew, no thanks,” Jared scrunched his nose up.

“Shut up. Lucky I think ahead.”

Clif had gotten reception to cut him keys for Jared and Jensen’s rooms so he could let himself in to check on them. He was assuming, of course, that they would be in the room.

He inserted Jared’s key into the slot above the door handle and then pulled it out to the blinking green light.

“Alright, up and at ‘em. Go and put some pants on,” he ushered Jared inside, and quickly went to deal with Jensen.

“God, I hope he hasn’t choked on his own tongue or something,” he muttered as he pushed the door open.

Clif sighed as soon as he saw Jensen lying across the bed, on his side, snoring. He carefully approached the bed, the light was off but from the light in the kitchen he could see Jensen’s face. He was pale and puffy, and his mouth was slightly open allowing a trickle of drool to escape and run down his pillow. His breath was heavy and gluggy like the congestion Jared was already well versed in was creeping into Jensen too. Clif didn’t chance touching him and waking him up, besides he didn’t look too overheated anymore, so he left him as is.

“Sleeping like a baby,” he huffed, placing the meds on the kitchen bench.

He heard a light tap on the door and opened it. Jared was standing there. This time with pants on.

“I locked myself out again,” he whispered.

Clif rolled his eyes, “Come in. Drug up. Then I’m putting you to bed and you’re going to stay there.”

Jared nodded and shuffled in. The man was 6’4” and he looked all of five years old.

“Is Jensen okay?”

“Yeah, shh. He’s asleep finally,” Clif mumbled, glancing over his shoulder to make sure he was still there, and then back to Jared, “You need something for your fever, Jay.”

Clif was going through the bags while Jared just stood and watched him, swaying a little.

“Geez, sit down, Jared. If you fall you’ll put a hole in the floor.”

“Ha ha,” Jared mocked, sitting on the arm of the lounge.

Clif popped him two Tylenol, two Nyquil and a capful of cough syrup, handing them each to Jared and waiting till he downed them all with the glass of water he handed him.

“Okay, feel better?” Clif smiled.

Jared evil stared him.

“Hey, just trying to help.”

Jared stood up and located his pants in the bathtub, with delicate fingers prizing out his room key from the back pocket.

Clif looked at them and sighed, again, “I’ll deal with that later,” he groaned and shut the bathroom door behind Jared.

“It’s across the hall. You don’t have to walk me,” Jared bickered.

“Apparently I do,” Clif sniped, putting a hand between Jared’s shoulder blades, feeling the moist heat.

Jared chuckled and then coughed as he unlocked the door to his room, staggering inside.

“You gonna… watch me sleep?” Jared mumbled as he pulled his sweater off over his head and flopped onto the bed.

“Just to make sure you stay there,” Clif warned, sitting down in an armchair.

“You’re a strange… creepy man,” Jared was asleep soon after uttering the words.

Clif stayed put for the mean time, just to make sure Jared was getting some proper rest, then he’d check on Jensen one last time, before heading to his own room. He was only next door to Jared so it wasn’t a big deal anyway. He just hoped they’d stay asleep. Tomorrow was going to be a difficult day.

Best line ever!

Sweet Jared! Locking himself out :lol:

I swear he's just the most adorable over grown puppy ever :heart:

Jensen coughed himself awake and the world was pitch black around him. His eyes found the red illuminated numbers of the bedside alarm clock.

2:00am

“Fuck me,” he rolled over onto his back.

He felt dry and weak, all his limbs shaking from exertion. He wiped away the drool from his chin and smacked his lips a few times trying to lubricate his mouth. He swallowed, trying to loosen up the knot in his throat, but it was so painful. He coughed again and curled onto his side. He was going to have to get up and take something. There was no way he’d be able to fall asleep with this pounding in his head.

He pushed himself up with one arm, it shook like a leaf and he almost fell back down. He was so weak.

He managed to get himself up on two legs and staggered in the dark to the kitchen. He flicked the light on and almost had a heart attack when he saw Clif sitting in the armchair across the room, head tilted back, sleeping soundly.

Shit,” he gasped and clutched his chest. The intake made him cough and he tried to muffle it into his arm but it was so full of thick phlegm.

“Jensen?”

Busted.

Jensen straightened to look at Clif, “Sorry,” his voice was rough, “What are you doing here?”

“Making sure you didn’t die. Musta dozed off there for a minute.”

“It’s freaking 2 in the morning, go to bed,” Jensen grunted, grabbing the bottle of cough syrup.

“Damn, is it? Holy shit,” He groaned, pushing himself up out of the chair.

Jensen was overcome with another fit of coughs. His hand rested on the bench holding himself up and the other arm wrapped around his face. By the end of the fit his head was somewhere around his knees and Clif’s hand were on his shoulders straightening him up.

“Sit down, Jay. I’ll get it.”

Jensen let himself be guided to the couch. He fell back as soon as his legs touched it, grateful he didn’t have to hold himself up anymore.

“How are you feeling?” Clif asked, pouring him out a cap of cough syrup, and handing it over.

Jensen knocked it back and coughed a little more, “Like I’ve been hit by a truck.”

“Well you don’t feel as hot as you did before. Fever must have broken,” Clif was back over by the bench, popping out more pills.

“Yeah,” Jensen groaned, rubbing his face.

“Here, take this. Then back to bed with you,” he said handing him the pills and a big glass of water.

“Sounds good.”

Jensen swallowed the pills with a sip of water and tried to hand the glass back to Clif. He just raised his eyebrows.

“Finish that water,” he demanded.

“Man,” Jensen whined.

“Dude, you’re so dehydrated. With the sweat and the puke…”

“Oh, dude. Seriously? Don’t remind me,” Jensen calmly finished the water and handed an empty glass back to his bodyguard.

“Good job,” he said, sarcastically, “I’ll help you to bed, you big baby.”

“Screw you,” Jensen jabbed, as he grabbed Clif’s hand and scrambled to his feet.

Clif just laughed as he led him through to the bedroom and deposited him on the bed.

Jensen rolled over, coughing again. He cursed softly to himself.

“Jensen, you set your alarm?”

Jensen waved a hand at him and Clif laughed.

“Alright, get some sleep,” he chuckled.

“Thanks, Cliffy,” Jensen mumbled into his pillow.

Clif smiled, “Anytime.”

Jensen did not set his alarm. He was woken to a big balding, grey goateed face, leaning over his bed.

“Jensen, are you alright?”

Jensen startled and rolled away, “Oh my gosh, what a way to wake up,” he groaned.

“Sorry,” Clif shrugged, straightening up, “So you didn’t set your alarm…”

Jensen ran a hand down his face, “Shit, how much time do I have?”

“Gotta be on stage in half an hour. Jared’s already downstairs having breakfast.”

“Urrrgh,” Jensen groaned, pushing himself up to sit on the edge of the bed, “He’s feeling better then?”

“Not exactly,” Clif laughed, “Thinkin’ he’s doing a good job of faking it though.”

“Yeah, well, fake it till you make it,” Jensen pushed himself to his feet.

He felt like crap. He hadn’t felt this bad in a while. This wasn’t a head cold, this was the flu. And it sucked out loud.

Jensen coughed, wet and long, until Clif came and thumped him on the back.

“You sound like shit.”

“I feel worse,” Jensen staggered towards the bathroom, “I’m gonna shower, and there better be coffee when I get out.”

“Dude, I wouldn’t…”

Jensen opened the door and was hit with the smell of his own puke.

“Oh, gosh,” he slapped his hand to his mouth, gagging.

“Okay, come on,” Clif quickly steered Jensen away and shut the door, “Sorry, I meant to clean that up.”

Jensen had his hands on his knees, bent forward, head spinning.

“What the hell happened last night!?” Jensen gasped.

“I’ll fill you in later. We’re running out of time,” Clif grabbed Jensen’s arm, “You can shower in my room, come on.”

“Coffee,” Jensen groaned, “You promised coffee…”

“Alright, alright, you’ll get your coffee.”

Thanks for your comments, beautiful people. Update is coming soon and the next part has sneezing! :P just bear with me, it'll be up in the next day or two :)

Ps. Happy Easter :)

PART 5

“So, how was the concert?” Jared’s voice was scratchy and thick. The congestion had migrated to his sinuses and nasal passage as well now, and he’d been sniffling and scrubbing his nose all morning.

“Well, it was going great till Jensen decided to take a nosedive!” Richard chirped, grabbing the salt and lavishing it all over his eggs.

“Yeah, he was really out of it last night,” Jared rasped, while buttering a piece of toast.

“Is that seriously your entire breakfast?” Misha said, sitting down at the table with a plate of food, eyeing Jared’s two pieces of toast and mini bran muffin.

Jared chuckled, cleared his throat loudly, “Yeah, it is.”

“Oh, he’s dying,” Richard joked, shoveling in a mouthful of eggs.

“Nah,” he laughed, then coughed for a while, “Just taking it easy.”

“Hey, don’t you have to be on soon?” Misha said to Richard, consulting the time on his phone.

Dick glanced at his watch, “Shit,” he cursed, shoveling yet more eggs in his mouth and sprung up, slapping Jared on the shoulder, “See you out there.”

Jared and Misha were silent for a moment, save for the frequent sniffles and sounds of chewing.

“Are you two going to be alright today?” Misha asked, serious yet slightly mischievous eyes piercing Jared’s, as he stabbed his fork into a piece of bacon.

Jared’s stomach lurched just watching it.

“Yeah, we’ll get through it,” he smiled, looking back at his two pieces of plain toast.

Feeling his nose twitch, he grabbed his napkin and hastily folded it around his nose.

Het’tschxoo!” he sniffed thick and wet, brushing the napkin under his nose.

“Bless you,” Misha’s eyes narrowed.

“Thanks,” Jared shrugged, the congestion making his voice doughy.

Misha looked like he was about to say something else and Jared really didn’t want him too. It was bad enough when they were sick on set and they just knew they had to get through it, because there’re no sick days in television. But they hadn’t been this sick in a while, at least Jared hadn’t. It was almost as bad as the time Misha had that stomach bug and they had to film everything with his stand in, because he literally couldn’t do it. That was bad. That was the only reason you got out of filming was if you actually couldn’t stand up long enough to get the shot. Jensen and he knew what it was like, but they weren’t about to give up now.

Jared was saved when Jensen appeared at the table, big take-out coffee cup in his hand. His hand slightly shaking, but let’s not focus on that.

“Hey, Ackles!” Jared said, happy to move some of the attention of himself, “How are you this morning?”

Jensen slumped down in front of Richard’s abandoned eggs, shaking his head.

“That good, huh?” Misha added.

Jensen muffled a cough into his sleeve, “I feel like a walking pharmacy. What’s Clif even got us on?”

“I don’t care,” Jared shrugged, sniffing again. He turned from the table and sneezed wetly into his hands “Huh’etschoo!” he wiped his hands on his napkin and sniffled.

Jensen was staring at him.

“What?” Jared asked, wishing he didn’t sound so stuffed up.

“Just wondering how long I got, before that happens to me,” he cringed, “You’re, what? A couple of hours ahead of me?”

“Something like that, yeah,” Jared mumbled, blowing his nose into yet another napkin.

“Well,” Misha said, pushing away from the table, “I’d rather stay off this plague’s hit list, so I’m going to leave you to it.”

“You haven’t even finished,” Jensen commented.

“Yeah, I, kind of lost my appetite,” he said, backing away, “Feel better.”

Jensen watched Misha retreat, took a massive gulp of coffee, pushed Richard’s plate away and lay his head on the table.

“You should eat something,” Jensen looked up to see Jared offering a piece of his buttered toast.

Jensen gulped, “No, thanks, man. I’m really feeling this coffee.”

“You’re going to crash so hard if you don’t,” Jared raised an eyebrow at him.

Jensen’s phone buzzed and he pulled it out of his pocket, “Time’s up. We gotta go.”

Jared sighed, which made him cough, as they got up from the table. Clif appeared out of nowhere and started walking them to the convention stage.

“You got your game face on, boys?” Clif joked, looking at the two of them, pale and flushed at the same time.

“Always,” Jensen croaked.

Jensen and Jared walked on stage to the riotous applause of an auditorium full of fans and flashing cameras. Jensen was casual, standing back from the microphone, coffee in hand, lazy wave with the other, flashing a smile at the adoring faces. Jared he could count on, even when they both felt like crap, Jared always had enough energy to carry them.

“Mornin’ guys,” he grinned, looking out at the crowd, absentmindedly raising his microphone stand, “How uh… how was the concert?”

“Jensen! Are you alright!?” One fan shouted out above the rest. Soon there was a chorus.

Jensen shook his head, wry smile on his face, “I’m fine, calm down.”

“What happened?” A girl in the front row shouted.

Jensen looked over at Jared and saw his expectant face, lazy smile, eyebrows raised. Jensen sighed.

“We, uh… Jared and I are both a little under the weather.”

The auditorium cooed and soon there was applause and “Feel better’s” being shouted and “thanks for coming’s”.

“Little public service announcement, guys, make sure you wash your hands,” Jared added.

“Yeah,” Jensen laughed, “We’ll try not to get anyone sick. Just bear with us in photos and autographs.”

Jared looked at Jensen, “Be patient with us,” he smiled.

Jensen took another sip of his coffee. Jared, some how, was still fiddling with his mic stand.

“So, uh, who’s from Vegas?”

The crowd cheered.

“Nice! Whose first time?”

The crowd cheered again. Jensen looked on in awe at Jared. He was sniffling, his voice was thick and nasal but he went on, and he wasn’t quite sure why, he’d seen it enough times, but it astounded him.

“Anyone got anything they wanna shout out?”

Jensen braced himself for the questions. He knew passing out and knocking over a drum kit would not go unnoticed or unmentioned.

“How are you feeling?” A girl shouted.

It was sweet. Jensen smiled and shared a look with Jared.

“I don’t feel like I’m about to pass out, at this moment,” Jensen said.

“Just don’t pay attention if he falls down,” Jared gestured, getting a few laughs, “No, we do feel better than last night… well, I do. I mean today I haven’t thrown up once!”

“Oh, dude,” Jensen threw his hands up, “Do you have to…?”

Jared shrugged, mischievous look on his face.

“Yeah, right here,” Jensen pointed to a girl with her hand raised.

“Hi, guys. I hope you feel better.”

“Thank you,” they said in unison.

“I was wondering, Jared, if we’ll ever hear you sing at the concerts?”

Jared’s face was wide with a smile, unchanging for a second.

“Um,” he laughed, “I’m not a singer.”

Jensen turned away as he began to laugh, which turned into wet coughs, which he stifled quickly.

“I can do karaoke,” Jared shrugged, “But, uh, I’m not a rock star like this guys right here,” he gestured to Jensen.

“Hey, I did that once, and I don’t know if you remember, but it didn’t end so well.”

Jensen saw Jared’s nose twitch and he snapped to the side to catch his sneeze in his elbow, “Huh’SCHUu!

“Bless you!” the fans cooed.

“I’m so sorry, guys,” Jared sniffed.

Jensen eyed his buddy, noticing the way his chest heaved in and out rapidly, as he tried to quell the urge to sneeze again.

Jared turned fully around, walking towards the back of the stage, pulling tissues from his pocket to clamp around his face.

Heh’heSCKEWw! Huh’uhCHSSuu!

Jensen looked at the audience, “This is going great,” he joked.

Jared was back after blowing his nose and stuffing his tissues back in his pocket. He looked visibly tired and Jensen could only imagine what he looked like.

For the next ten minutes they got on okay, Jared sniffling occasionally, Jensen muffling coughs, and answering questions, getting sidetracked with barely relevant stories. Until Jensen started to feel it. The tickle in the back of his nose, that was suddenly, for some unknown reason, running. His sinuses filling up, making it so hard to breathe.

Jared must have noticed, because in the middle of his story he started glancing at Jensen. Yeah, he was sniffling like a little kid, but that was only to stop the snot pouring out of his nose.

Huh’heECKSOoo!” Jensen turned, sneezing into a fist.

The room filled with bless you’s again.

“It’s started,” Jared teased, speaking just to Jensen.

“Shut up,” Jensen groaned, scrubbing his nose.

He turned from the table and sneezed wetly into his hands “Huh’etschoo!” he wiped his hands on his napkin and sniffled.

Jensen was staring at him.

“What?” Jared asked, wishing he didn’t sound so stuffed up.

“Just wondering how long I got, before that happens to me,” he cringed, “You’re, what? A couple of hours ahead of me?”

“Something like that, yeah,” Jared mumbled, blowing his nose into yet another napkin.

Count down begins...

“Huh’heECKSOoo!” Jensen turned, sneezing into a fist.

The room filled with bless you’s again.

“It’s started,” Jared teased, speaking just to Jensen.

“Shut up,” Jensen groaned, scrubbing his nose.

Bam!

I'm so loving this! This is going to be so awesome! The Con, the fans, the J2! Can't wait to see what you write up next!

Um, if that ever actually happened during a panel, I think I would die on the spot. Yes...yes, I would.

Ahhh, can't wait for more!

Archived