Sneeze Fetish Forum

Convention Madness (SPN RPF -Jensen, Jared)

MissBayliss

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh sweet Jensen! That must really suck to have that.

And sweet Jared. Gotta love these two :heart:

Oh, poor guys. I feel like a semi-sadist for enjoying this story...

I don't. :P

Oh, poor guys. I feel like a semi-sadist for enjoying this story...

I don't. tonguesmiley.gif

Nope. Not at all twisted1.gif

Hey guys. In light of recent events I'm putting this fic on hold until I can confirm that all of the Supernatural cast are fit and well. Look after yourselves. I will be back with more later, it's not over, just on hold. Didn't seem appropriate to continue at the moment. Send Jared some love on twitter or facebook. #AlwaysKeepFighting

Sending love to all the cast :heart:

#AlwaysKeepFighting

#AlwaysKeepFighting
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone :)

Thanks for being so patient with me :)

I just wanted to make clear, that while I love to write these fictions, and I love to write these characters, and I LOVE these people, I do not EVER wish ANY harm to come to them. The hard thing about writing RPF is that these ARE real people, and I didn't want to seem, in any way, unkind, or unloving towards them and all they do for us. I hope, and I know, you guys will understand, because we're all in the same boat. And part of me does feel like I'm crossing a boundary in writing about their personal lives and people in their personal lives but I need to point out that; I do not know these people. I have never met them nor know anything really, truly about them. And though they are real people and the characters in this story share the same names as them; this is a work of fiction. And they are characters based on the real deal, because I love them so much and admire and respect them. I have nothing but love, and I write this because it's what I love to do. But this fic, and ALL my other fics are TOTALLY separate from reality. I love Jared and Jensen and the Supernatural cast and crew endlessly, and wish them all amazing, happy, illness free lives! (I hope you don't mind my rant. I just needed to justify myself, because I felt awful...)

Anyway! This little break has given me the time that I needed to sort myself out, and do some things I needed to get done, and now I am back in this fic and have new parts for you that I hope you'll enjoy. I think I'm kind of getting a reputation for long fics around here... this one will be no exception! Lol I have written myself into quite a deep hole, but if you stick with me I will promise contagion and Misha sniffles... Happy reading. Love to you all. Nothing but love. *mwa*

PART 12

Clif stayed in the room with Jensen until they had to leave. He’d made sure Jared was settled in his room first, before sitting by Jensen’s bed while he slept. It took him a little while to get to sleep. He’d complained and protested about Clif staying but he was asleep soon enough, so it didn’t really matter. Jason Manns, Jeffery Dean, Rob and Rich, and Misha had all stopped by to check on him at different occasions. Clif politely turned them away, Jensen needed to rest, and try and break this fever.

Hnnng,” Jensen tossed, groaning in his sleep. He took a deep inhalation and began muttering nonsensical words.

Clif sighed, went into the bathroom and wet a washcloth.

“Hey, calm down, pal. You’re alright,” he dabbed the cloth on Jensen’s head. He startled awake, arms coming up to swat at Clif’s.

“What the hell?” he croaked.

“How you feeling, buddy? Thought I lost you for a second. You with me?”

Jensen flopped back into the pillows, “Yeah… bad dream, I guess. I’m okay.”

“Good,” Clif said, although he wasn’t quite convinced, “You should probably get up though. We have to head to the airport in half an hour.”

Urghh,” he groaned, “Go wake Jared. I’m good.”

“Are you going to get out of that bed? You’re not going to fall asleep as soon as I leave, are you?”

Jensen smiled lazily, giving a slightly uncoordinated slow wink, “I’m good to go,” he breathed.

When Clif left, Jensen closed his eyes, pressing his thumb and forefinger into them until he saw stars. He was so bone crushingly tired. He dragged a sleeve across his streaming nose and sniffed, rolling onto his side. He clutched his head in preparation to get up. He knew it was going to hurt, and it did. It throbbed mercilessly.

Gahhh,” he groaned, regretting it as the pain flared up in his throat.

He got up and got dressed, threw the rest of his stuff in his bag and zipped it up. Leaning forward, over the bag, made his nose run and his sniffed again, grabbing some tissues from the box on the table.

HE’KSCHUU! Dahhh…” he sniffed again, ran a hand down his face to try and wake up. His vision was hazy, and the room span as he looked for his shoes.

Clif came back through the door a moment later, “Hey, big guy. What do you need?”

Jensen sat down on the couch, cradling his head, “Umm, my shoes,” he grunted softly, trying not to hurt his throat.

“I got ‘em, chief,” Clif appeared in front of him and began putting them on his feet.

Jensen blinked down at him, “Thanks. I don’t think I can bend over right now.”

“All good, man. Don’t worry about it,” he smiled, doing up the laces, “We’ll be home soon and you can get some proper sleep.”

Jensen nodded carefully, grimacing as he swallowed.

“How’s Jared?” it came out in only a whisper.

“I’m ready,” the raspy voice came from the door. Jared had his bag slung over his shoulder. His eyes were dewy with fever and sleep, and his nose was red and chapped. But he looked better than Jensen felt.

Jensen nodded again, saving his poor tonsils. He closed his eyes as Clif laced up the last shoe. He could hear Jared coughing over by the door and he sounded awful.

“Okay, time to go,” Clif said, tapping Jensen on the shoulder.

Jensen looked up at him, accepted his hand and assistance getting up. He was a mess.

Clif was carrying Jensen’s bag and had a hold of the back of his shirt as they walked down the hall, Jared on the other side with a hand on Jensen’s shoulder.

In the elevator Jensen leaned on Jared, his head resting against his shoulder.

“You alright, Shackles?” Jared asked, rubbing Jensen’s arm.

“Mm,” he groaned, but didn’t move.

Jared and Jensen were both uncharacteristically quiet on the ride to the airport, but Clif could understand that, given how awful both of them must have been feeling. They were quiet in that fact that they didn’t really speak, but the car ride was not completely devoid of sound.

Jensen coughed against his forearm, chest seizing and lurching with every wet hack. Jared sniffled and pulled out a tissue, giving a hearty blow. Then they started up with the synchronized sneezing. Clif sighed inwardly. It was going to be a long plane ride, that was for sure.

They’d been in the air about half an hour. The climb had been ridiculously painful. Jensen had flown sick before and he knew it wasn’t going to be a pleasant experience but he wasn’t quite prepared for that. He’d had to hold his face in his hands to make sure his cheekbones weren’t going to erupt out of his face.

He caught his reflection in the black TV screen in front of him. His nostrils were red and glistening, flaring occasionally with unsneezed tickles. The skin around them and under his nose was delicate, peeling away in places. Rough and tender. The fluid started to pool in the front of his face as a particularly intense tickle presented itself. He allowed his lips to part and mouth fall slightly open for the soul purpose of getting more air into his lungs, even if every breath burnt the whole way down like a shot of whiskey.

The tickle was building, but his arms were tucked under the blanket and it seemed an almost monumental task to free them. He wiggled his nose but it did nothing to relieve the itch. It felt like a million tiny needles stabbing throughout the inside of his nose and he hoped, desperate for the sneeze to come and release the pressure that was throbbing in the bridge of his nose. He gasped...

He lost it.

The tickle died down but never fully left. He sniffed thickly and groaned, his nose now full. He struggled to get an arm free but gave up and ended up panting, head tilted back in defeat.

"What's wrong?" Jared asked, looking up from his book.

"Gahhhh," Jensen groaned, wiggling his nose, "lost it..."

"Oh, I hate that," Jared frowned, going back to reading.

Jensen struggled a bit more, he was uncomfortable, and cold, but sweating and sore and his skin hurt. He had horrific post nasal drip and his throat was so tender it was like hot oil being poured over a burn. And then the tickle was back.

"Hhhhuh... heh.."

Jared looked up.

"Hooo... gaaarrrhhh," Jensen sniffed.

"Do you... need some help?"

He coughed, "Kill me."

Jared just laughed, and Jensen really didn't think it was the time for jokes.

Jensen coughed and rolled over to his side, peering at Jared's book through squinty eyes. He shivered and sniffed again. Damn, stupid, friggen nose...

"Hiih... hehh... *snfff* dahhh..."

Jared put his book down, "Seriously, dude. Do you need help? You're swaddled up like a baby."

Jensen blinked slowly, struggled weakly to free an arm.

"Wow," Jared sighed, leaning over to pull the blanket off him, not before plastering a palm against his wet forehead.

"Diagnosis?" Jensen asked, whipping a hand up to scrub at his nose.

"Uh, a little warm but not too bad..."

The back of Clif's fingers appeared on Jared's cheek, "Yeah, that's not gonna work when you have a fever yourself, big guy."

Jensen was too busy feeling like crap to realise that Jared was still sick too. He groaned and rolled back onto his back, happy now that his arms were free, but it had let the chilly air of the cabin into his blanket cocoon and he shivered hard.

"HETSCH! HHSCHUU! EHSCHEW!" Jensen jackknifed forward with three spectacularly powerful sneezes. He instantly found himself regretting wanting the release. It was painful, made his head pound, tore and tore on his throat until he thought it had to be blood running down there too.

"HESSHCUU! HITSCHU! Uh, gosh... *snnrrff* HESTCHU!"

He extended a desperate hand to Jared who was hovering by his side. He felt the soft tissues pressed into his hand and gripped them tight. He managed to get a hasty breath in and jam the tissues to his face as he started up again.

"HISSHHU! HETSCHU! SCHUU! CHUU! Huh... ehhh'ttshuu! Uhh..."

Jared's hand was rubbing soothing circles on his back.

His vision went gray and he reached out to grab something, anything, just to ground himself. But he couldn't feel his hand anymore, and soon he couldn't feel anything.

"Jensen! Jensen, wake up, man."

He pried his eyes open. His neck was uncomfortably bent back. He shuffled around, Jared's hand on his face, his shoulder.

"Did I black out?" he croaked.

"Yeah, just for a second. You okay? That was epic."

He cleared his throat loudly, squinted his eyes at Jared, "You're sweaty."

"He's got a fever," Clif announced casually.

"It's nothing. I'm not drowning in my own snot over here... Dude, seriously, blow your nose."

Jensen sniffed, brought a shaky hand to his upper lip and found it wet. Jared was staring at him with an outstretched hand offering him two clean tissues. He sluggishly took them and wiped his nose. Too out of breath to blow, he didn't want to pass out again. The tissues were soft in his hand but like sandpaper against his delicate facial skin. He groaned as it scratched, which just hurt his throat more. A strong shiver ran through him and he pulled the blanket back up to his shoulders.

"Clif using his blanket?" he whispered, shuddering again.

Jared screwed up his face like he was contemplating, then turned away to Clif.

When he turned back he was pulling a blanket still out of its plastic packaging. Jensen shuddered again as he watched Jared, eyes drooping.

"Here you go, man," Jared lay the blanket over him, used the corner of it to wipe the sweat off his face.

"'Dat feels good..." Jensen slurred, eyes closing.

"Get some sleep, man."

I just wanted to make clear, that while I love to write these fictions, and I love to write these characters, and I LOVE these people, I do not EVER wish ANY harm to come to them. The hard thing about writing RPF is that these ARE real people, and I didn't want to seem, in any way, unkind, or unloving towards them and all they do for us. I hope, and I know, you guys will understand, because we're all in the same boat. And part of me does feel like I'm crossing a boundary in writing about their personal lives and people in their personal lives but I need to point out that; I do not know these people. I have never met them nor know anything really, truly about them. And though they are real people and the characters in this story share the same names as them; this is a work of fiction. And they are characters based on the real deal, because I love them so much and admire and respect them. I have nothing but love, and I write this because it's what I love to do. But this fic, and ALL my other fics are TOTALLY separate from reality. I love Jared and Jensen and the Supernatural cast and crew endlessly, and wish them all amazing, happy, illness free lives! (I hope you don't mind my rant. I just needed to justify myself, because I felt awful...)

Respect for the boys and crew of SPN. Perfectly spoken. :)

Misha sniffles

Did you say... ... ... Misha sniffles??? twitchsmile.gif

MissBayliss, on 03 June 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

Misha sniffles

Did you say... ... ... Misha sniffles???

I MISSED THAT????

*drop dead*

(will mysteriously come back to life at your next chapter. I did sell my soul. No regrets)

Then they started up with the synchronized sneezing

I'm sorry you felt so bad, but I totally agree with you. I'm glad you started this again, and oh my gosh how wonderful would it be if (assuming they were perfectly safe and healthy) had a synchronized sneezing fit!

this is fantastic. I mean, wow. Really. Continue please?

I am not up to date... is everyone in the cast okay? Was there a health scare?

No, they're all fine! Jared cancelled a few conventions with some pretty scarily worded tweets and we all went a bit crazy. His PR people made a statement that he was suffering exhaustion. Since then he's been to the Gilmore Girls reunion and been seen out and about and with fans so everything is fine now. In Jensen's words "he's a big guy with a big heart and sometimes he just doesn't know when to stop giving himself".

All the best for Jared and his family. #AlwaysKeepFighting <3

No, they're all fine! Jared cancelled a few conventions with some pretty scarily worded tweets and we all went a bit crazy. His PR people made a statement that he was suffering exhaustion. Since then he's been to the Gilmore Girls reunion and been seen out and about and with fans so everything is fine now. In Jensen's words "he's a big guy with a big heart and sometimes he just doesn't know when to stop giving himself".

All the best for Jared and his family. #AlwaysKeepFighting <3

Oh! And THANK YOU! Love getting feedback :) Exams are finally over so I can dedicate more time to this fic. Glad you're enjoying it :)

*Warnings - this part has swearing, hospitals, and a little bit of blood. Also, cameos of Danneel and JJ. They will only get mentions in future parts because they're precious angel faces and I respect them too much to really put them into this*

Love you guys. Love, love.

PART 13

They arrived in Vancouver and it was dark outside. Clif was driving the boys home, anxious to get them into bed at a reasonable hour considering the horrible time they’d been having and the big day of filming they had the next day. It was going to suck. Both their voices were noticeably gone; raspy, congested and sick sounding, not to mention how tired they looked, the makeup department was good, but they couldn’t work miracles. They were going to be in so much trouble. And it wasn’t their fault, but still. The hours were going to stay the same, their workload wouldn’t change, it just meant everyone would have to work harder, including the boys. They would be disappointed that they weren’t giving their best, let alone making everyone else pick up their slack.

Jensen was quiet on the way home. Jared muttered passing comments to him, but Clif never heard a response, and by the time he’d pulled up at Jared’s, he looked like he was asleep.

"You alright to get inside, Jared?"

Clif leaned over as Jared clambered out of the car.

"I'm good," Jared sighed, clearing his throat.

"Okay then. I'll pick you up at 8 tomorrow. Make sure you get some rest."

"Thanks, Cliffy. You all right with Jensen?

Clif glanced in the rear view and smirked, “Yeah, I think I can handle him.”

Jared smiled fondly, “Night, man."

"Goodnight."

Clif looked in the rear view again. He was still sleeping. Or appeared to be sleeping, propped up against the window, his brow furrowed and sweaty like he was in pain.

Clif let him sleep until he was parked in his driveway. If anything he looked worse now.

"Hey, Jensen."

Jensen started upright and began coughing up a lung.

"Hey, you alright?"

Jensen groaned, shook his head. "I think," he swallowed slowly, "that's blood..."

"What?"

Jensen coughed again, "Shit, Clif. It hurts..."

"Okay, we're going to the hospital," Clif was already reversing out of the driveway.

"I miss my kid, Clif," Jensen croaked, then closed his eyes and leant back, “This is fucked…”

Clif drove faster.

Jared's head ached as he pried open his eyes. His phone was vibrating loudly on his bedside table. He sat up on an elbow and reached for it in the dark, clearing his throat.

"Hey," his voice was all breath, "Hello," he tried again.

"Sorry to wake you."

"Clif?" Jared rubbed his eyes.

"I just wanted to let you know I've taken Jensen to the hospital. They're keeping him in overnight, or until his temperature comes down."

"What? The hospital?" Jared bit back a cough, "What happened?"

"He started coughing up blood in the car. Had us worried but it was just his tonsils, not his lungs. They've got him on antibiotics and fluids. He's pretty out of it. Keeps asking for Danneel and JJ..." Clif sighed.

"Do you need me to c-come? Huh'keschuuu!"

"No. You need to sleep. Can't have you both out of action. I have to call Jim and Bob... I know you’re tired but can you call Danneel? I haven't had a chance..."

"Yeah, of course... Of course. You go, look after him. Call me if you need anything."

"Sure, buddy. Try and get some sleep. Jensen'll be fine."

"I know he will. Thanks, Clif."

Jared hung up the phone, scrubbed his face and tried to get himself together. Jensen was in the hospital? Okay. He took a few deep breaths to calm down. Clif had things under control. He trusted him. He tried to stop his hands shaking as he scrolled through to Danneel's number. It wasn't actually as late as he thought. They'd gotten home quite early in the evening and he'd gone straight to bed. Maybe Danneel was still up.

"Jared! Everything okay?" She answered quickly and sounded spritely. Must have still been awake.

"Uh," he quickly checked his tone. He didn't want to panic her, "Yeah, just giving you a call. Jensen's in the hospital. He got sick pretty quick..."

The other end of the phone was very quiet. He waited.

"What happened? Is he okay? He told me the doctor said he had tonsillitis." She was all business.

"Yeah, he spiked a fever, um, and his tonsils were bleeding. But he's at the hospital now. Clif's with him."

"You're not with him?"

Jared shook his head, bit his lip, "No... Clif's just told me," he broke off coughing, and that was terrible timing.

"You okay?"

He cleared his throat, "I'm good."

"Okay, I'm on my way. I'll get the next flight."

"What? It's late..."

"Jared... Tell me how he is... Really."

"He, uh, Clif said he's asking for you... but he's not really with it right now..."

"I'm coming. JJ has been a nightmare to get to sleep anyway. I'm sure as soon as the plane takes off she'll go to sleep."

"Are you sure?"

"Hey, Jensen's not going to ask me to come. He wouldn't do that. But I need to be there, okay."

Jared smiled, glad she'd picked up on that, "Okay... Thanks, Dee."

"Now get some sleep. You sound awful."

Jared laughed, which made him cough, "I'll try. Safe flight."

Jensen woke up to a… the impala?

A little toy car was driving up and down his chest. The car he bought JJ because he thought it looked like the impala. But it couldn’t be. JJ was in Austin, at home, with Danneel.

“Dada…”

But she couldn’t be, because here she was, tucked against his side, making soft car sounds as she drove the car over the contours of his body.

He blinked, couldn’t quite get his mouth to work. He looked the other way, Danneel was talking to Clif. He could hear her voice, and the fear melted away.

“Dee…” his voice was rough and quiet. He gripped JJ, turning away from her to cough.

“Hey, baby,” Danneel’s hand was on his face, lips on his forehead.

“What are you doing here?” he croaked, closing his eyes again.

She started to say something, in that lighthearted humorous tone she used whenever he was being an idiot. But he was tired, and felt warm and numb, and his girls were here. So he went back to sleep.

Jensen was pretty sick, but not sick enough to postpone filming. He’d spent the night in the hospital, his fever had broken and he’d had fluids and antibiotics pumped into him. He felt better, not well, but better.

Danneel and JJ had been with him at the hospital, not the whole time. For a few hours after they arrived in Vancouver and then they’d gone back to his home there and slept. Clif took him home about 6 o’clock in the morning, when they were happy enough to let him go.

Jensen hated the hospital. The beds were uncomfortable, it was loud and sterile and smelt funny. He hadn’t wanted to go there in the first place but he was so out of it with fever that Clif got one over on him.

Clif dropped him home and he crawled into bed with Danneel until he had to get up for work. He was glad the night was over but another day was dawning, a 16 hour filming day, and he was a tough guy but he wasn’t Superman.

**Next part will be on the Supernatural set with Mark and Misha... any guesses as to what's going to happen? I can promise no more hospitals... but I can't promise no more passing out...

wink_kiss.gif

**Next part will be on the Supernatural set with Mark and Misha... any guesses as to what's going to happen? I can promise no more hospitals... but I can't promise no more passing out...

You promissed us Misha sniffles :D Yeah, I can see Jensen faint, Jared sneezy-as-hell and Misha voice starting to sound like Cas :P Mark may make jokes about them wanting to sell their soul to get at the end of the day faster, but no kiss.... they're contagious! LOL

Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :rofl:

AH-MA-ZINGGGGG!!!

The feels, the angst! I love it all! :heart:

Misha had better sniffle soon. I have a mental recording of his Cas voice ( just started Season 4!) for reference.

Misha had better sniffle soon. I have a mental recording of his Cas voice ( just started Season 4!) for reference.

LOL It's my headcanon that sick Misha sounds like Cas

And I want to add to my predictions that the scene they have to record, involved a demon deal and Mark really doesn't want to approach the boys with a ten foot pole :P

LOL It's my headcanon that sick Misha sounds like Cas

And I want to add to my predictions that the scene they have to record, involved a demon deal and Mark really doesn't want to approach the boys with a ten foot pole tonguesmiley.gif

Sounds PERFECT.

Haha! You guys are the cutest :) Love the suggestions... We'll just have to see how it plays out, won't we? ;)

PART 14

Clif got the boys on set at 9:15am. They were pushing it for time. They still had to eat breakfast, go through hair and makeup, get dressed, and get to set. Today they were filming the first half of the day on set, the second half would be on location for the night scenes. Clif had called Bob Singer from the hospital the night prior. Bob was, of course, concerned for Jensen as a friend, as well as a director. This was the first episode of the season he was directing and he’d seen the boys on their off days, but he couldn’t imagine what it would be like if it was bad enough for Jensen to go to the hospital. Having one sick was tough, but of course they had to do everything together, so this was going to be particularly difficult.

Jared was tired. He’d had a good night sleep, but he just felt so run down. His chest wasn’t as sore anymore and his tummy seemed to be not so queasy today, but his nose tickled. It was cold too, which made it run even more. That, and an annoying cough. And feeling weak and tired.

Clif had picked him up first that morning and he slid into the back seat, interrogating Clif on what had happened at the hospital with Jensen, and Danneel and JJ coming to visit. They pulled up at Jensen’s and Jared watched him amble towards the car, his shoulders slumped forward, face grey and already glistening with sweat.

Jensen was not willing to disclose any information about the previous night, or anything to be exact. The only words he uttered were, “Gotta save my voice,” and then just kept pointing to his throat whenever Jared forgot and asked him a question.

Jared’s voice wasn’t holding up much better, granted, it was better than the day before, when he could hardly make a sound at all, but a 16 hour filming day would see the end of it. He knew that for certain.

So, it was 9.30, and they’d gotten breakfast, and were sitting in the hair and makeup chairs with it perched in their laps.

Zabrina’s eyes widened as Jensen sat in front of her, lazy half smile on his face.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” she sighed, her eyebrows drawn together, frown on her face as she used her palm to wipe the sweat from Jensen’s brow, “You’re warm, darling.”

“I know,” he tried, had to clear his throat and try again, “I’ve already taken something for it…”

“Okay…” she glanced at Jared, “Um, it’s fine. I can fix it. You won’t even be able to tell.”

Jensen buried his face in his elbow and coughed, his crackly lungs heaving, echoing off the walls of the trailer.

“You good?” It was Jared that spoke this time, the lid off his Styrofoam container and fork heaped with eggs.

Jensen nodded, “Better start,” he gestured to Zabrina.

She nodded, still looking concerned.

They usually went over their lines in the morning but it didn’t look like that was going to happen, not with the constant throat clearing and coughing from both of them.

Jared had finished his breakfast. He’d managed to eat his usual portion size and was feeling a bit more energetic. At least until he started sneezing, and his nose started running, and he couldn’t sit still. Jeannie was having a very difficult time doing his hair.

“You’re doing it on purpose, aren’t you?” she joked, patting his hair as he hung his head low, blowing his nose for the millionth time.

“I swear I’m not,” his voice was doughy and congested, but also raspy. Great, that would be great for Sam.

She laughed, “It’s okay.”

He sat back again and panted. It was embarrassing how exhausted he was just from sneezing.

He felt her hands in his hair again and… God dammit!

“HEH’KSCHUU! HET’SSSHCHUU!”

“Okay,” she sighed, “Are you alright? What do you need?” she squatted down in front of him, hand on his knee.

He shook his head, “I’m g-good,” his voice wavered even as he announced it.

“Do you think you’ll be alright in a minute? We’ll try again?”

He groaned, glanced over at Jensen, who looked like he was asleep while Zabrina applied his bottom coat. Sniffing, he sat back.

“No, just keep going. I don’t know if it’ll ever stop.”

She smiled, a little sad, and went back to try again.

“Jensen,” Jared heard Zabrina mutter, “wake up, honey.”

Jared almost snorted, at the hilarity that Jensen had fallen asleep in the makeup chair. The smile was wiped quickly off his face when Jensen startled awake, the sharp intake of breath appearing too much for his claggy lungs. He tried to turn away from Zabrina as he coughed, mucus rattling up through his throat. She gripped his shoulder, rubbed his back.

Fuck,” he groaned when he could breathe again.

“I think we should talk to Bob,” Zabrina still had a hand on Jensen, looking at Jeannie, “He can’t do this today.”

“Girls, I’m fine…”

“We can’t reschedule,” Jared took over, “We’ll just have to film as much with the stand-ins as we can.”

“Jared, that’ll look like shit.”

“We’ll work it out when we get on set,” Jared conceded. He knew Jensen wasn’t going to be able to stand there all day, doing his coverage, Misha’s coverage and Mark’s coverage. Yes, they usually always did. It was just the generous thing to do as an actor. But it was a tall order today.

Bob took off his glasses and cleaned them on his shirt, partly to get rid of a fingermark, mostly so he could pretend he hadn’t seen how bad they looked. And this was after makeup. Jared’s nose was noticeably red, the makeup that had been applied long rubbed off… repeatedly. Jensen was pale under the makeup. Zabrina had done her best, but it would still show up on film. He had little beads of sweat on his brow and upper lip. God, he couldn’t wait to hear them talk…

“You feeling better?” he looked at Jensen, gesturing awkwardly, not knowing what to do with his hands. He wasn’t great with sickness.

“Fine,” is what Bob assumed he meant to say. It was just air, but his lips moved in the shape of the word.

Jensen cleared his throat, grimaced and spoke louder than usual to get the sound out, “Well, I’m still a little…”

“Save it,” Bob stopped him, “We’re going to have to write some lines in about this…”

He was already thinking about how the episode was going to be affected by his voice, and Jared’s rosy nose.

“We can just add something in the beginning, a few lines about our voices. We can’t ignore it, people are going to notice,” Jared said, punctuating his sentence with a thick sniff.

Bob rubbed his forehead, Jared’s voice was just as bad.

“Yeah, I’ll work it out. You boys have a seat. We’ll need you in about 10.”

Jensen shifted from foot to foot.

“Man, this sucks,” he groaned, winced and grabbed his throat.

“It’ll be fine,” Jared sniffed. When he looked up Jensen was smiling at him.

“What?”

“Dude,” Jensen cleared his throat, coughed a few times, still smiling, “Your nose is so red.”

Jared cuffed at it with his sleeve, “Shut up,” he said, but couldn’t help the smile.

They were off and running. Filming for about 3 hours now, and, oh, how the time flies. Jensen looked around the set, a motel room, with outdated décor. He was, once again, impressed with the set department for making it look like yet another motel, a different motel. He was sitting on the end of the bed, where he’d been sitting for about an hour. Except for the times he let himself lie back down to stop the world from spinning. They’d paused to move the cameras around, set up for Jared’s coverage. Jensen would have got up to give them space but he couldn’t see him getting to his feet any time soon, and not without help. Gosh, it was pathetic. He cleared his throat again. It only made it worse. He’d been told not to clear his throat, but it was full of hot, sticky strings wrapping around his tonsils, spiraling down to strangle his vocal cords and he had to get it out. He stared down at the goosebumps on his forearms, and why couldn’t Dean have his jacket on for this scene? He was supposed to be sick in the episode now, so it would make sense that he was feverish, right? He closed his eyes and shook his head. All of a sudden he felt warm and soft, disconnected even, and it kind of felt good, like he was underwater.

“Hey, Jensen…”

A hand on his shoulder.

He grabbed at it, trying to ground himself.

“You alright? Jensen?”

He was fading in and out. Could hear parts of sentences, and vaguely his name when it was called but he couldn’t quite get to it. It was just outside his reach.

“Jensen!”

It was Jared’s voice now. His eyes sprung open at the name, because there was just too much panic in that one.

“Just give him some air… Grab some water…”

Jared ordering people around again.

Jensen leaned into the hand on his shoulder. He was just so tired.

“Jensen, open your eyes. Come on, man…”

When Jensen forced his eyes open, he was lying back on the motel bed and there were so many people in his line of vision. It was too much to focus on so he closed them again.

“Guys, give him some space,” Jared’s voice was hoarse, but firm.

Suddenly, Jensen could feel again. It hit him hard, like a bucket of ice water to the face. He knew where he was. He knew what was going on, and he knew how sick he felt.

He groaned, and pulled his eyes open.

“Jensen? You alright?”

His tongue felt too big, “Urrgh… yeah, think so.”

“Just stay there for a minute. Medic’s on their way.”

“No, I’m good,” Jensen fought to sit up, because Bob was standing there, Brad, Robyn, Jose…

“Give yourself a minute,” Jared was pushing him down.

“Dude, I’m fine. Get off me,” Jensen snapped. And he didn’t mean to be mean but Jared was drawing more attention than he would like and he was embarrassed and uncomfortable, and there were too many eyes on him.

He sat up and Jared let him, putting his head in his hands and accepting the water bottle that was waggled in front of his face.

He took a sip and coughed, “Gosh, my head hurts.”

“Just take it easy,” that was Bob this time and Jensen looked up at him sheepishly.

“I’m fine… Sorry.”

“Don’t apologise for being sick, kid. You’re doin’ fine.”

Jensen laughed weakly, knowing Bob was just trying to get through the day without a full on panic attack. He sipped at his water again, blinked a few more times and straightened up.

Jared wasn’t looking at him with concerned eyes anymore because his face was buried in a tissue.

Huh’KSCHHIOUuu! Heh’TSCHUU! EH’SCHU!”

“Bless you, big man,” Jensen croaked, when Jared finally turned to face him, “Quite a pair, aren’t we?”

“Urgh,” Jared groaned, sniffing again, “I just can’t wait till Misha and Mark get here so we can have a break.”

Jensen nodded, bringing the water bottle to his lips again.

It was another 10 minutes before they started filming again, and it was lucky it was so easy for him to slip into Dean, otherwise there was no way he could have got through it. It was the added scene where they discussed their illnesses. This would be the only lines in the episode about it as Bob didn't want to shift the focus, and that was fair enough. Jensen didn't really feel like having the focus shifted towards his sickness anyway.

“Dean, can we not just call someone else to handle this one?” Jared’s voice was high and strained, playing Sam when he didn’t like what Dean was saying.

“No can do, Sammy. I told you if I’m going to fight this mark, the best way to do it is out on the road, ganking ghosts, with my baby brother,” Jensen patted Jared’s knee, putting everything he could into Dean’s huge grin.

“That would be a great idea, if you didn’t sound like you just got done gargling razor blades.”

“I’m fine, Sam. And I hate to point it out, but you don’t sound so good yourself.”

“Exactly! We’re sick, Dean. Just let someone else handle this.”

Jensen stared at Jared, bit his lip a little, then steeled himself, “Suck it up, princess.”

Jensen got up and walked towards the bathroom, as the camera stayed on Jared while he huffed and hung his head like Dean was being a douche bag.

Jared was relieved when Misha showed up, because he was losing Jensen more and more. Yeah, he was still giving it in the takes, and occasionally Jared really believed he was feeling better, until they called cut and he just saw the energy drain out of him. Misha was quiet though, and maybe he was just tired too, or maybe worried about Jensen. In all the drama last night, no one had let him know that Jensen had been to hospital.

Mark looked hung over. He was wearing sunglasses, even though it was completely overcast and only grunted at them until he got his hands on a cup of coffee.

So much for taking some of the pressure off, Jared thought.

“So, how’s he doing now?” Misha asked, bringing Jared back out of his head.

“Uh, he’s taking a nap in his trailer. Poor guy. He’s so sick.”

“That’s awful,” Misha muttered, then stifled a massive yawn behind a fist.

“Dude, what’s that about? Why are you tired?” Jared wrinkled his brow.

“Uh,” he shrugged, “Just getting old, I guess.”

Jared laughed with him but then let his eyes become serious, “You’re not getting sick, are you?”

Misha looked confused for a second, “What? No. I’m not… I told you I’m immune to everything!”

Misha’s smile was cheery but Jared could hear a rasp in his voice, like when he’d done a full day of the Cas voice, and he wasn’t so sure.

“Oh, really? Well you better be, ‘cause we’re dying out there on our own,” Jared still smiled, even though he was actually really worried. He, himself, felt like absolute crap, and Jensen was currently unconscious. He needed Misha’s help. He needed him to be okay, to shake off this ‘tiredness’ and get it together, for everyone’s sake.

“That’s awful,” Misha muttered, then stifled a massive yawn behind a fist.

“Dude, what’s that about? Why are you tired?” Jared wrinkled his brow.

“Uh,” he shrugged, “Just getting old, I guess.”

Jared laughed with him but then let his eyes become serious, “You’re not getting sick, are you?”

Misha looked confused for a second, “What? No. I’m not… I told you I’m immune to everything!”

Misha’s smile was cheery but Jared could hear a rasp in his voice, like when he’d done a full day of the Cas voice, and he wasn’t so sure.

“Oh, really? Well you better be, ‘cause we’re dying out there on our own,” Jared still smiled, even though he was actually really worried. He, himself, felt like absolute crap, and Jensen was currently unconscious. He needed Misha’s help. He needed him to be okay, to shake off this ‘tiredness’ and get it together, for everyone’s sake.

*melting*

I love your story :D Even more now that it Misha and maybe Mark are joining the sick party :D I can't stop giggling! Please update soon....

Archived