Sneeze Fetish Forum

Subtly Clashing Wishes

I love this. I can totally see this playing out. Mycroft coming home and deducing the issue from the state of things as he moves through the house. Silently tidying everything up with care.

Greg liked to say the only thing Mycroft could make for dinner was reservations, but that was not strictly true. He had a few dishes he could make and he made them very well.

I can totally hear Greg teasing this, yet fully believe that Mycroft does have a few signature dishes that he is excellent at, because he doesn't do anything with less then excellence.

Mycroft startled and smiled at himself. Greg’s sneezes still managed to catch him off guard.

LOL

“Heh…heh…Oh, bloody hell. It’s gone.” Greg lowered his arm. “I’ve never sneezed so much in my life, My. I can’t imagine what this cold would do to you.”

First the image of his "lost" sneeze and frustration, and the mention of never sneezing so much before, Yeah. Mmmmm. And the added thought of what it would do to Mycroft. You slay me!!!!

“Nah, it’s you.” Greg took a drink of from his mug. “It’s because you know exactly how much honey I like in my tea.”
Pleasure washed through Mycroft. No one ever said his presence made them feel better. Generally when Mycroft Holmes appeared something had gone terribly wrong or was about to go terribly wrong. He was rarely a reassuring figure in anyone’s life.

Awww! Greg notices all the little things Mycroft does for him. And super sad yet sweet that Mycroft feels so outcast, and I love the way you expressed it, Perfect.

“Do not ever think there is anyplace I would rather be than with you.”

Always.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• AngelEyes

• cally

• Juto

“I rather doubt you will.” Mycroft brought Greg his mug of tea and returned to the stove to check on the soup. “Judging from the state of the kitchen and bedroom you have been home sick for three days. Knowing your reluctance to take time off work you probably felt ill for three days before deciding to stay home.”

Master of deduction as always! Loving the way he just casually states it!

Thanks, My.” Greg blew his nose with a great honk. “It’s been like that all week. Though, to be honest, I’m feeling a bit better today. Maybe, it’s because you’re home.” Greg smiled at Mycroft.

Mycroft smiled back. “I would love to think so, but it is more likely because most colds last but a week or so. You should be starting to feel better by now.”

“Nah, it’s you.” Greg took a drink of from his mug. “It’s because you know exactly how much honey I like in my tea.”

D'awwwwwwww of course it's because of him!! This was just the cutest!!

Greg wiped his nose. “I’m sorry you had to come home to this. I know you don’t want to be here making me tea and watching me sneeze.”

Maybe not Gregory, but the rest of us are lovin' it!!!!! :lol:

Do not ever think there is anyplace I would rather be than with you.”

Greg wrapped his arms around Mycroft’s waist and hugged him close. “I missed you,” he whispered.

Mycroft dropped his arms around Greg’s shoulders and kissed the top of his head. “I missed you too.”

And this is where is melted!!!

My gosh!! I love the fluffiest of fluff with these 2 and you never fail to deliver! You write them with such caring and loving personalities and I just... Ahhhh.... I love them!!! Your writing is vivid and descriptive and I love the undertone of humour you manage to weave in between the fluff!! Altogether, another amazingly adorable Mystrade drabble!! More more MORE :lol:

My gratitude to all who have been reading and (hopefully) enjoying this thread. Special thanks to the readers who comment--Spoo, Sophie<3, AngelEyes, Juto07ab. Comments are love!

Spoo--Your voice comment made me giddy. Love the sound effects, LOL! Thank you so much.

Sophie<3--Hey! It is great to know you are still reading and enjoying. I know they aren't your favorite ship, so it means a lot that you like what I write.

AngelEyes--I love the way you and Juto07ab pull out quotes of all my favorite parts. We are clearly on the same page. Thank you.

Juto07ab--You found the line that lead me to write the story! ("making me tea and watching me sneeze") I wish I had prizes to hand out. But that was my thought too; I wouldn't mind in the least. :)

I have another story. I still own nothing. I think the title will set it up for all. It is a bit long for a drabble, but I'm not sorry. ;)

Homecoming, redux

Sometime in the middle of the night Mycroft had come home. He had slipped into bed and Greg only half registered his presence. In the morning Greg opened his eyes and smiled. He could feel Mycroft’s weight next to him in the bed. Greg rolled over to look at his partner. The smile faded a bit as he took in his beloved’s face. The skin around Mycroft’s eyes looked bruised. His nose was red and slightly chapped. Even in his sleep he appeared exhausted.

Greg’s mobile vibrated. He glanced at the clock and noted it was early yet. He picked up his phone and checked the text.

*Call me --A*

Greg carefully got out of bed. He slipped on his robe and left the bedroom taking his mobile with him. He used the loo downstairs and once in the kitchen he called Anthea. She picked up immediately.

“You know, I rely on you to bring him home in the same condition he left,” Greg complained. “So how bad is he?”

Anthea sighed. “On a scale from one to ten? About a five,” she replied.

“So, I don’t need to call his doctor?”

“No, I wouldn’t think so.”

“Did he take the Echinacea and Vitamin C?” Greg asked.

“About half the time.” Anthea sounded tired.

Greg wandered about the kitchen pulling together items to make tea. He checked on their supplies of cold medications. “I suppose that is better than none,” Greg grumbled. There was a stony silence on the other end of the line. “I’m sorry, Anthea. I know you try and I, of all people, know how hard it can be to get him to take care of himself.”

“Apology accepted. If it is any consolation he did at least eat,” Anthea offered.

“He did? How’d you get him to do that?” Greg was surprised. Usually convincing Mycroft to eat when he didn’t feel well was nearly impossible. Bribing him with sweets sometimes worked, sometimes.

Anthea laughed. “A rather high ranking person associated with the other party in the negotiations took a fancy to him. She decided to try the stomach to heart approach.”

It took a moment for Greg to process Anthea’s explanation. “Are you telling me a princess, or the like, tried to seduce Mycroft by feeding him up?”

“Hmm, and given her position he couldn’t afford to completely refuse her.”

“I can’t decide if I’m jealous or grateful,” Greg said in wonderment.

“I was grateful. It was easier to get him to take the Echinacea and Vitamin C.”

Greg could hear movement in the bedroom. “I’ve got to go. I can hear him getting up.”

“Try to get him to stay home, just for a day. I can send work if he insists.” There was more than a trace of pleading in her voice.

“I’ll give it my best,” promised Greg.

Greg disconnected and switched the kettle on. He could hear congested coughing and then the shower come on. Greg frowned to himself. He felt angry. He wasn’t sure why, but he could feel his temper simmering like the water in the kettle. Greg prepared two mugs of tea and carried them back up to the bedroom.

He entered the bedroom in time to see Mycroft emerge from the en suite, his hair mussed and damp from his shower. His robe was belted loosely and Greg could see ginger chest hair at the vee. Mycroft’s rumpled morning appearance made Greg smile.

“Good morning, love,” greeted Greg.

Mycroft looked for a moment as if he was going to return the greeting, but his face took on an all too familiar expression. He quickly turned his head and sneezed harshly into his elbow. Greg hurriedly set down the mugs of tea and grabbed a handful of tissues from the box on the bedside table.

“Hihhh’TISH! Tish, heh’Etshoo, hih’ETSH!”

“God bless you!” Greg pressed the tissues into Mycroft’s hand. Mycroft nodded his thanks and blew his nose, wincing a little at its tenderness.

“Goodness, are you not feeling well, love?” Greg asked concerned.

Mycroft scrutinized his partner briefly before replying. “Just a little congestion from the flight. I am fine.”

“Well, good then,” Greg said playing along. He reined back a flare of fury and leaned in to give Mycroft a kiss. Mycroft turned his head and Greg’s lips connected with a smooth cheek. Greg pulled back giving Mycroft a questioning look, but his partner turned away and began to select his clothes. Greg could see this wasn’t going to be easy. Fine, he thought, I can do this.

Taking a different tack Greg went to sit on the edge of the bed and sipped from his mug of tea. He could feel his temper rising. “What time did you get in last night? I know it was late. You must be exhausted.” Greg worked hard to keep from sounding as irritated as he felt. He scowled at Mycroft’s back.

“It…Tish, hih’TISH, TISH, TISHOO!” Mycroft tipped forward with the force of his sneezing.

“Bless you! You need more tissues?” Greg inquired sweetly.

Mycroft shook his head and sniffing went to his dresser to retrieve a handkerchief. He promptly buried his nose in it. “Heh”TSHSH, Hih’SHOO, Heht’CHOO!”

“And again. Can’t seem to shake the sneezes this morning, can you, love?” Greg noted, nonchalantly examining his tea. He lifted his gaze and gave Mycroft a knowing look.

Mycroft dabbed at his sore nose with his handkerchief and looked warily at Greg. Greg raised is eyebrows at him, waiting for a response. Mycroft sighed and sat next to Greg on the bed. Greg handed Mycroft his tea.

“It is just a head cold, dear.”

Greg was quiet for a moment. “Yeh, today.” He paused. “When does it become a sinus infection with a double ear infection or asthmatic bronchitis or, my personal favorite, walking pneumonia?” Greg’s voice got louder as he spoke and his anger spilled out coating his words. His brown eyes had darkened as his emotions intensified.

Mycroft looked steadily back at Greg. He laid a hand on Greg’s knee. It was warm and reassuring. Greg took a deep breath and gazed down at his tea. “I’m sorry,” he mumbled.

“You are worried, Gregory,” observed Mycroft.

“Yeh, I am,” whispered Greg to his tea.

“You are concerned I will become more ill if I do not stay home and rest,” Mycroft said softly.

“Yes.” Greg looked up from his mug and faced Mycroft. Having his feelings deduced loosened something inside. “Please, just one day.” Greg leaned his forehead against Mycroft’s and closed his eyes.

“I will stay home…for one day.” Mycroft gave in.

Relief washed through Greg like a tidal wave sweeping the anger and fear away with it. Mycroft brushed a kiss across Greg’s brow and got up, returning his tea untouched to the bedside table. He found clean pajamas in his dresser and after donning them he climbed back into bed. Greg had straightened the bed and set about putting away the clothes Mycroft had gotten out of the closet. Mycroft watched quietly, occasionally sniffling and coughing. He took out his handkerchief and rubbed at his irritated nose.

“If you care to eat something, I can give you some cold medicine,” Greg offered. Mycroft nodded. His nostrils were twitching and his eyelids were starting to flutter. “Toast then,” determined Greg.

“Heh’Etsh, Etchoo, Hih’Tish, TISHOO!”

“Bless you,” called Greg over his shoulder as he left the room. He returned shortly with buttered toast topped with lemon curd and the teapot. He sat these on the bedside table as he set up a bed tray. Greg climbed back onto the bed, settling next to Mycroft. It was time to begin the negotiations.

“Okay, down that and I’ll get you whatever drugs you want.” Mycroft raised an eyebrow and Greg chuckled. “Within reason,” he amended.

“Even the 12 hour decongestant?” Mycroft asked.

“You won’t sleep at all if you take that,” protested Greg.

“You said, whatever I want.”

“I said, within reason.”

Mycroft took a bite of toast and chewed it slowly all the while looking steadily at Gregory with wide, blue eyes. Greg sighed and took a piece of toast for himself.

“You know I hate it when you look at me like that,” Greg grumbled between bites.

Mycroft sniffled and continued to slowly eat his breakfast, all the while giving Greg his big eyes.

“How about an antihistamine and cough suppressant now and a regular decongestant at noon? That way you can sleep more this morning. If you feel up to it this afternoon, I’ll have Anthea send some files over.” Greg tried to regain some control. Mycroft considered the proposal, sniffing and then coughing delicately.

“I’ll come home and work from here this afternoon.” Greg added to sweeten the deal.

“Bring me pastries too,” bargained Mycroft.

“Oh Lord, between the decongestants and the sugar you’ll be mental,” Greg moaned. He knew he was losing this round.

“I’ll need it to combat the fog from the antihistamines,” countered Mycroft.

“Fine.” Greg licked the crumbs from his fingers. “I’ll get your meds and then head to the Yard for the morning.”

“You won’t get called for a case?” Mycroft sounded a little anxious.

Greg smiled at his partner, knowing the anxiety was a sure tell that Mycroft really wasn’t feeling all that well. “Nah, just finished a big one. Lot’s of paperwork. You timed all of this perfectly.” Greg got up and removed the bed tray now empty of toast. He returned with the promised medications and a glass of water, and Mycroft obediently took the pills.

Greg leaned over and snuck a kiss onto Mycroft’s nose. Mycroft swatted Greg away, but not before the damage was done. His breath hitched and his nostrils flared as the tickle from Greg’s kiss spread through his nasal passages. Greg swiftly pulled a handful of tissues and, smirking, pressed them into Mycroft’s hands.

“Heh… heh…heh’TISH, hehtch, Tish, Tish, Heht’SCHOO!” Mycroft glared at Greg over the tissues pressed to his face. He blew his nose with a loud gurgle.

Greg blessed him and handed over more tissues. “See you don’t need a decongestant,” he quipped. Mycroft rolled his eyes and curled under the covers. Greg collected the used paper and went to the bathroom to dispose of them and finish getting ready for work. When he was done Mycroft was asleep, snoring softly. Greg breathed a sigh of relief and smiled tenderly at his lover. He then headed off to make good on the rest of his promises.

I had a very wide grin on my face during this entire drabble! Everything about it was just to sweet and delicious!!

Anthea laughed. A rather high ranking person associated with the other party in the negotiations took a fancy to him. She decided to try the stomach to heart approach.

It took a moment for Greg to process Antheas explanation. Are you telling me a princess, or the like, tried to seduce Mycroft by feeding him up?

Hahahahahahaha I seriously laughed out loud!! Umpf it up Greg! Dun dun duuuuuun!!! Enter, the competition!! loved it!!

Try to get him to stay home, just for a day. I can send work if he insists. There was more than a trace of pleading in her voice.

I just love how concerned Anthea is! In the series she's like, nah, but in fiction, she's one of my favourite characters!!

And again. Cant seem to shake the sneezes this morning, can you, love? Greg noted, nonchalantly examining his tea. He lifted his gaze and gave Mycroft a knowing look.

Not really sure why, but my stomach did a little curl when I read this! It was just such a great phrase!!

Greg was quiet for a moment. Yeh, today. He paused. When does it become a sinus infection with a double ear infection or asthmatic bronchitis or, my personal favorite, walking pneumonia? Gregs voice got louder as he spoke and his anger spilled out coating his words. His brown eyes had darkened as his emotions intensified.

Ahhhhh the worry, the concern, the angst... The knowing what might happen!! Argh, Greg! Save the British Government from his future misery!!

It was time to begin the negotiations.

Hahaha I absolutely loved this!! Negotiating over work hours and meds!!! Loved it!! Such a great way to describe that part of their relationship!!

Greg leaned over and snuck a kiss onto Mycrofts nose. Mycroft swatted Greg away, but not before the damage was done. His breath hitched and his nostrils flared as the tickle from Gregs kiss spread through his nasal passages. Greg swiftly pulled a handful of tissues and, smirking, pressed them into Mycrofts hands.

Gosh,I am such a huge sucker for kisses on the nose,especially if they ignite tickles and ultimately a sneeze or more!!

And Greg knows the damage he will inflict! Tut tut!! Shame on you Gregory! (But you should really do it some more because I LOVE IT!!!!)

Praise praise praise... Sorry, couldn't help it!! Your writing inspires me!! And the length? Worry not! :lol:

Edited by Juto07ab

OKAY. Let me list the things I love about this because there are so many.

1 - That you used the collective hive mind idea of Mycroft being a sickly traveller. I love playing with that storyline and you've done it wonderfully.

2 - Mycroft being force fed by a princess. Anthea attempting to feed him cold meds and being rebuked. Get yourself a tiara, Anthea, it's your only hope.

3 - Greg being angry at Mycroft for not taking care of himself. Again, a familiar idea that I love seeing your take on.

4 - Mycroft not being able to "shake the sneezes." Something about that phrasing did me in.

5 - Mycroft negotiating his way into the good drugs and sweet stuff. He is me and I am him.

6 - The overall familiarity and domesticity and fondness that comes through the drabble. Even when Greg is rightfully furious (walking pneumonia - really, Mycroft?!) he's still totally loving and caring, and Mycroft seeking comfort from his cold and anxiety is lovely because it really emphasises how much he trusts and adores Greg.

Lovely as ever!

“You know, I rely on you to bring him home in the same condition he left,” Greg complained. “So how bad is he?”

This is such a Greg thing to say!

Anthea laughed. “A rather high ranking person associated with the other party in the negotiations took a fancy to him. She decided to try the stomach to heart approach.”
It took a moment for Greg to process Anthea’s explanation. “Are you telling me a princess, or the like, tried to seduce Mycroft by feeding him up?”

LOL!

He entered the bedroom in time to see Mycroft emerge from the en suite, his hair mussed and damp from his shower. His robe was belted loosely and Greg could see ginger chest hair at the vee. Mycroft’s rumpled morning appearance made Greg smile.

OK. I'm kind of in love with this image!

Greg pulled back giving Mycroft a questioning look, but his partner turned away and began to select his clothes. Greg could see this wasn’t going to be easy. Fine, he thought, I can do this.

Always such a trial, but Greg can handle it!

“And again. Can’t seem to shake the sneezes this morning, can you, love?” Greg noted, nonchalantly examining his tea. He lifted his gaze and gave Mycroft a knowing look.

Mycroft dabbed at his sore nose with his handkerchief and looked warily at Greg. Greg raised is eyebrows at him, waiting for a response. Mycroft sighed and sat next to Greg on the bed. Greg handed Mycroft his tea.

I love this part. Sassy Greg. And the eyebrow raised "Look". I can just see it!

“Yes.” Greg looked up from his mug and faced Mycroft. Having his feelings deduced loosened something inside. “Please, just one day.” Greg leaned his forehead against Mycroft’s and closed his eyes.

Awww. And Mycroft gives in cause he loves his Gregory!

Greg climbed back onto the bed, settling next to Mycroft. It was time to begin the negotiations.

LOL. Always a trick with Mycroft I'm sure!

Mycroft took a bite of toast and chewed it slowly all the while looking steadily at Gregory with wide, blue eyes. Greg sighed and took a piece of toast for himself.

“You know I hate it when you look at me like that,” Greg grumbled between bites.

Mycroft sniffled and continued to slowly eat his breakfast, all the while giving Greg his big eyes.

Unfair!

“Oh Lord, between the decongestants and the sugar you’ll be mental,” Greg moaned. He knew he was losing this round.

Too funny!

Greg leaned over and snuck a kiss onto Mycroft’s nose. Mycroft swatted Greg away, but not before the damage was done. His breath hitched and his nostrils flared as the tickle from Greg’s kiss spread through his nasal passages. Greg swiftly pulled a handful of tissues and, smirking, pressed them into Mycroft’s hands.

This is one of my favorite things. Greg is such a tease.

Okay! I'm ready to comment now. :D

1. I will never get tired of Greg and Anthea being in cahoots. The thought of them tag-teaming to make sure Mycroft is safe and healthy and eating warms my heart. Not counting Sherlock, they're undoubtedly closest to him so it makes sense that they'd work together to keep an eye out for their favorite guy. :wub:

2. Ooooh. Greg's got a wicked temper, doesn't he? (I'll never stop loving him kicking his tire in the show when he lost that court case. :lmfao:) I really like how he was trying so hard to keep his cool when all he wanted to do was rage at Mycroft for not taking better care of himself.

3. Sneezy, rumpled Mycroft. Buhhh. :wub::heart:

4. Bribing + Compromise = AWESOMENESS. Seriously, your Mystrade dialogue and characterizations make me so happy. :laugh:

Those were definitely my favorite things. I can't wait for your next one! :clapping:

Edited by Spoo

I am so flattered and pleased by all the lovely comments. I appreciate every one. And thank you to all the readers who don't comment. I know you are out there. 2K+ views!

I am very happy by all the people who liked the idea of Mycroft being wooed by another. You know, we love him, why shouldn't someone else? He'd be quite the catch. ;) And poor Greg (and Anthea) trying to keep him from running himself into the ground. This is a post "Berlin" Greg. He has PTSD from that episode.

All the comments were so detailed! That really makes me smile because I know you are reading so carefully. I clearly hit a lot of good buttons for people. I hope to keep up the good work. That said, I'm going to direct your attention to the fan fiction section of the forum for my next up date. I will be establishing some of my own head cannon and I hope it will be acceptable. *bows head and holds hands out in supplication* Should be up tomorrow morning!

Hello all! I'm back to the thread this week. For anyone who missed last week, check the fan fiction section. I posted a longer story there last week, "A Charity Event".

I get a lot of compliments about my domestic scenes between Mycroft and Greg. I think this story is probably the most domestic yet. See if you agree. I hope you enjoy it.

Again I own nothing.

Thank you to all who read and to all who read and comment. Comments are love.

Late

“Hih’Tsch! Etsch! Heh’ETSCH! Heh’TSHOO!”

Greg opened his eyes. “Bless you,” he mumbled. He sat up slowly and blinked. God, he was tired. They were in the midst of a hellish case and he'd only gotten to bed a few hours ago. He looked at the clock and his eyes widened.

“Is that really the time?” He sprang out of bed. Mycroft was dressed standing by his closet. He had just pocketed his handkerchief and was in the process of selecting a tie. He looked over at Greg.

“Yes, why?”

“I’m late. There’s a press conference.” Greg hurried to the en suite.

“What time?” Mycroft called after him.

“I’ve t’be there in forty-five minutes.” The shower came on. Greg yelped, having not waited for the water to warm up.

Mycroft picked up his mobile from his dresser top and sent a text to Anthea. He walked over to Greg’s closet and flicked through the suits. He hesitated at the blue suit Greg wore to John and Mary’s wedding, but passed it over in favor of a more somber choice. He made a mental note to take Greg suit shopping.

Having picked out a suit, Mycroft looked over Greg’s shirt selection. All were found wanting and Mycroft went back to his own closet to choose a shirt and tie for Greg. Mycroft could feel his sinuses tingling again. He sniffed and rubbed at the side of his nose. Later, he thought.

The shower turned off and a moment later the electric razor started. Mycroft looped the tie around his neck and quickly tied it leaving it loose. His breath hitched a bit and he pinched his nose, sniffing hard. “Hhhnnchx, Hhhnnchx, HhhnnCHx.” He sighed. He could hear Greg brushing his teeth. Taking pants, socks and an undershirt from Greg’s dresser, Mycroft laid them on top.

Greg bolted out of the en suite completely naked. “I hate press conferences. I always say the wrong thing.” He grabbed his pants, undershirt and socks from his dresser and pulled them on. Mycroft handed Greg the trousers from the suit. Greg quickly donned them and pulled on the shirt chosen for him.

“’Don’t commit suicide.’ Who says that?”

Mycroft smiled. “It was very pragmatic advice.” He was threading Greg’s belt as Greg buttoned the shirt. He stepped back as Greg tucked in the shirt and finished fastening his trousers and belt. Mycroft admired the snug fit of the shirt, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand. Not yet, he thought.

“Yeh, well, you’re biased.”

“Stick to the facts you are allowed to reveal.” Mycroft pulled the tie over his head and settled it over Greg’s head and neck, tucking it under the collar and tightening the knot.

“Easy for you to say. You never give press conferences.” Greg was shoving his keys and wallet in his pockets and strapping on his watch.

“I am not a liberty to discuss those details at this juncture. Repeat that.” Mycroft held the jacket for Greg.

Greg slipped his arms in and shrugged the jacket in place. “I’m not at liberty to discuss those details at this juncture.” He turned and faced Mycroft.

“You will be fine.” Mycroft’s hands smoothed the front of the suit and adjusted the tie.

Greg glanced at his watch. “If the lights are with me I’ll make it with 5 minutes to spare.” Grinning, he looked up at Mycroft. “I love you! I’d never have made it out of here on time without you.” He kissed Mycroft firmly on the lips. “And I wouldn’t have woken up without you.” He kissed Mycroft’s nose and rushed out the door and down the stairs.

Immediately, Mycroft began fumbling for his handkerchief. His breath began to stutter and his nostrils flared. His eyes squeezed shut as a barrage of sneezes no longer willing to be denied burst forth.

“Heh…heh…heh’ETCH! Heh’EftSHOO! Ish, Ish, ISHOO! Hih’tishoo, Heh’SHOO!...HehT'CHOO!” Mycroft sighed with relief and wiped his eyes and nose.

He heard his mobile chime. Tossing the handkerchief in the hamper, he went over to his dresser. Retrieving a fresh handkerchief, he checked his text messages.

* Bless you! J -GL *

FIN

I am literally squealing as I'm typing my response. :lol:THIS is the kind of quality Mystrade material I will honest-to-God never tire of. Don't get me wrong: I do love the case fics, and the ones that are a bit more angsty/dramatic, but ughhhhghgughgh. I CAN'T! :yay:

1. I loved that Greg awoke to Mycroft's sneezing (as he probably does most mornings) and how the sneezes didn't seem to be caused by anything in particular. I mean, it technically could have been attributed to hayfever? But I headcanon that Mycroft is just "sneezy" in the mornings and spends most of his routine (from bed, to shower, to getting dressed) sneezing in little fittish bursts.
  2. Frantic!Greg is the best thing in the world. :laugh: He's like SHITSHITSHITGOTTAGETREADY (which is something I'm sure we've all done at some point in our lives).
  3. I think your nod at the first episode's press conference was great! Of course Greg would think he's rubbish at press conferences. He gets all tongue-tied and blanks and ends up saying silly things. He's not good at thinking on the spot (as we've also seen at John and Mary's wedding when Sherlock asked him about a murder).
  4. Mycroft holding off on sneezing because he's helping Greg get dressed aasdkaflskdf;sf; yesssss.
  5. Greg repeating Mycroft's advice (literally) of what to say at the press conference. I melted. :wub:
  6. A bit random, but this line of dialogue captures Greg's accent SO WELL:
  7. “I’ve t’be there in forty-five minutes.”

You're spoiling us, scw! Thank you so much for writing these lovely little scenes, as well as the fics you're putting up now as well. They're all lovely! :D

* Bless you! J -GL *

I don't know why, but the smiley emoticon :) that showed up in the post preview turned into a J. Ugh!

Hey Spoo! First to comment, this time. :) Thank you so much for all your compliments. This story was actually inspired by someone I know telling how they almost missed an appointment, but their husband woke them up by sneezing. Then I had to run with it. And, yeah, there is no reason for Mycroft to be sneezing other than he is just sneezy in the morning. So glad you enjoyed it!

Your drabbles are always such a treat to read! You write domesticity so well. And I agree with Spoo that their voices are spot-on here. Can't wait to read what you come up with next!

Hih’Tsch! Etsch! Heh’ETSCH! Heh’TSHOO!”

Greg opened his eyes. “Bless you,” he mumbled. He sat up slowly and blinked. God, he was tired. They were in the midst of a hellish case and he'd only gotten to bed a few hours ago. He looked at the clock and his eyes widened.

Waking up to a lover's sneeze must be the best alarm clock in the world! Lucky LUCKY Greg!!

Mycroft picked up his mobile from his dresser top and sent a text to Anthea. He walked over to Greg’s closet and flicked through the suits. He hesitated at the blue suit Greg wore to John and Mary’s wedding, but passed it over in favor of a more somber choice. He made a mental note to take Greg suit shopping.

Having picked out a suit, Mycroft looked over Greg’s shirt selection. All were found wanting and Mycroft went back to his own closet to choose a shirt and tie for Greg. Mycroft could feel his sinuses tingling again. He sniffed and rubbed at the side of his nose. Later, he thought.

A mental note to take his lover suit shopping??? Awwww... So... Just... Caring,!! I love it! And the way he finds Greg's shirts wanting and picks one of his own for him? Just the sweetest thing!!!

And the way his own need to sneeze is being forced into the background so he can help a flustered and late Greg is literally just awwwwwwwwwwww... He really shouldn't though! (We'd all love to hear them)! But just awwwwww!!!!!

Greg bolted out of the en suite completely naked

I can so easily picture this!!

Mycroft smiled. “It was very pragmatic advice.”

Awwww the endless amount of support!! These two should just write a book on relationship standards!!

He kissed Mycroft’s nose and rushed out the door and down the stairs.

“Heh…heh…heh’ETCH! Heh’EftSHOO! Ish, Ish, ISHOO! Hih’tishoo, Heh’SHOO!...HehT'CHOO!” Mycroft sighed with relief and wiped his eyes and nose.

* Bless you! J -GL *

GREGORY YOU SCOUNDREL!! You knew exactly what that would do to him!! You prankster, you!!! But so cute!!

I agree, your domestics are absolutely wonderful!!!! It's just adorable to see these 2 workaholics in their home, doing daily relationship stuff and then add a ton of sneezes and some adorable caretaking!! I lap it up!!!!!

More please more please more please :lol:

“Hih’Tsch! Etsch! Heh’ETSCH! Heh’TSHOO!”

Greg opened his eyes. “Bless you,” he mumbled.

Best ever way to wake up!

“I’ve t’be there in forty-five minutes.” The shower came on. Greg yelped, having not waited for the water to warm up.

I can totally see Greg freaking about being late and just jumping into a cold shower Like Ahhh!!!

“’Don’t commit suicide.’ Who says that?”

LOL. Poor Greg.

Mycroft admired the snug fit of the shirt, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand. Not yet, he thought.

Mmmm. To both Greg in a tight shirt and Mycroft holding off his sneezes.

Mycroft pulled the tie over his head and settled it over Greg’s head and neck, tucking it under the collar and tightening the knot.

I love that Mycroft tied the tie for Greg already and just slips it on him and straightens it out perfectly. So Adorable.

He kissed Mycroft’s nose and rushed out the door and down the stairs.

Immediately, Mycroft began fumbling for his handkerchief. His breath began to stutter and his nostrils flared. His eyes squeezed shut as a barrage of sneezes no longer willing to be denied burst forth.

LOL. I love when Greg does this! He's such tease! Poor Mycroft!

* Bless you! J -GL *

And then Greg send a blessing, cause he knows what he just did. Cheeky.

So happy everyone enjoyed it!

Once again, AngelEyes and Juto07ab pick out some of my favorite bits. I had this image of Mycroft picking out Greg's clothes and essentially dressing him. I just couldn't pass up writing about it.

Thank you bangbang and Spoo for your compliments on the dialogue. I hold your writing in such high regard, I am very pleased that what I write is enjoyable to you.

Does anyone think Greg made to the press conference on time? What was that text Mycroft sent to Anthea?

I really want to thank whoever fixed the emoticon glitch at at the end of my story!! You are the best!! :D

Another story coming in a few days!

I think Mycroft texted Anthea to send a car for Greg. He'll totally be there on time! Thanks Myc!

Of course he texted her for a car for Frantic!Greg! Mycroft being Soft!Mycroft with his Gregory, that's totally what he would do!

I bet in some magical way only the British Government could ensure, the car already had Greg's keys, wallet, handkerchief etc. All the things Frantic!Greg would forget in his hurry. Maybe even a little "I love you, my dearest heart. Remember to breathe." - note from Mycroft.... *melts into liquid awwwwwwwwwww's* or maybe that's just me being a sap!

What was that text Mycroft sent to Anthea?

He had her ensure that Gregory would not meet any red lights along the way. And to block any mobile signals from Baker Street to keep Sherlock from potentially interfering. :)

Cally read my mind! (Although I did not think of blocking Sherlock's texts or calls, but I bet Mycroft did. :) )

I don't think Greg would accept a car from Mycroft. He is too independent. He is likely aware that traffic goes his way more often than it would for the average Joe. But he can't pin it on Mycroft, so he doesn't.

Cally read my mind! (Although I did not think of blocking Sherlock's texts or calls, but I bet Mycroft did. :) )

I don't think Greg would accept a car from Mycroft. He is too independent. He is likely aware that traffic goes his way more often than it would for the average Joe. But he can't pin it on Mycroft, so he doesn't.

Totally!

I didn't think I would have time today to post, but I was wrong! Happy day!

Cally once told me she thought Mycroft needed more hugs. I hope this little story satisfies her. :) It's pretty darn fluffy, if I do say so myself.

Again I own nothing and I love all the comments. Keep them coming, please. Thanks to everyone who reads whether or not you comment.

Midnight Musings

Settle down with me

Cover me up

Cuddle me in

--Ed Sheeran, Kiss me

Greg lay in bed staring into the dark. He couldn’t sleep. His brain was filled with the facts and questions pertaining to his latest case. Sally and Sherlock had been particularly snarky with each other yesterday and it distracted him. He was worried about his younger daughter. She and her mother were not getting along. He had been fielding angst filled phone calls from both of them all week. Teenagers, he thought.

Mycroft stirred next to him. Greg looked over anxiously. And then, there’s this one, he thought, as he peered at his lover in the dim light. Mycroft had another one of his head colds and Greg was on guard for any signs of worsening. Experience had taught Greg his darling could go from a sniffle to a sinus infection in 24 hours flat. In a moment of frustration he had asked Mycroft how he managed it. “It is a gift,” Mycroft had replied dryly. Greg snorted quietly to himself remembering the exchange.

Greg had to admit Mycroft was trying not to make things worse. While he insisted on going to work, he was home before Greg this evening. He ate his dinner, well, mostly. Mycroft even agreed, with minimal pouting, to take the nighttime cold medicine and went to bed early, for him.

Mycroft shifted closer to Greg shivering slightly. His breathing was quite congested. Greg carefully slipped an arm under his ailing partner’s shoulders and carefully lifted him up so he was resting on Greg’s chest. Mycroft roused slightly, rubbing his face along Greg’s collarbone. “Shhh, love.” Greg helped him settle, pulling the duvet up and stroking his back. Mycroft’s snoring resumed.

Still holding Mycroft close, Greg let his thoughts drift back to the case. There was something about the wife’s statement that niggled at him. He didn’t immediately notice the change in Mycroft’s breathing, just a slight hitch and then...

“hihish...ish, ish, hehish…hihish”

There was no force behind these sneezes and Greg felt only a light spray land on him. He chuckled to himself as he slowly reached for tissues. Greg could only imagine Mycroft’s mortification if he knew he just sneezed all over his partner. It was inexcusable, even if he was asleep, Mycroft would say.

Greg gently blotted the area around Mycroft’s nose. Despite being careful he managed to elicit a few soft, breathy sneezes, “hihesh, hish, hish.” Greg caught these handily in the tissues and then tossed the paper to the side. He began to stroke Mycroft’s back again, keeping him close.

“Bless you, love.” Greg laid a kiss on Mycroft’s head. His breathing was quieter after the sneezes. With Mycroft’s comforting weight on his chest, Greg allowed his thoughts to wander. The wife’s statement suddenly popped back into his mind. Using a memory trick Mycroft had taught him, Greg fixed the bit that had caught his attention. He would follow up on it in the morning. Relaxing further, Greg began to slip into sleep. Drowsily he thought to himself he would invite his daughter to stay a weekend once Mycroft was feeling better. Soon enough Greg was also asleep.

FIN

Awwwwwwwwwww. :) I do think that, and I'm still not quite sure what made me so sad about the last one. I do think Mycroft would end up apologising profusely if he knew, probably never to sleep again in case he were to have a repeat performance.

Awwwwww.... I am LOVING the fluff!!! I bet Mycroft would be mortified to learn that he'd sneezed on his Gregory in his sleep! Shh, we can never tell him.

Mycroft stirred next to him. Greg looked over anxiously. And then, there’s this one, he thought, as he peered at his lover in the dim light. Mycroft had another one of his head colds and Greg was on guard for any signs of worsening. Experience had taught Greg his darling could go from a sniffle to a sinus infection in 24 hours flat. In a moment of frustration he had asked Mycroft how he managed it. “It is a gift,” Mycroft had replied dryly. Greg snorted quietly to himself remembering the exchange.

Awww... Greg referring to his partner as "this one". It's so endearing for some reason. Like an ever watchful and concerned parent to a stubborn and free-spirited child!

Greg being on guard = pure love!!

"Darling" my favorite English word!!!! It is the perfect term of endearment in my world :) especially for these two gentlemen :)

What an altogether wonderful midnight snapshot!

Mycroft definitely needs more hugs! Yay for Greg!

And then, there’s this one, he thought, as he peered at his lover in the dim light.

This one indeed!

In a moment of frustration he had asked Mycroft how he managed it. “It is a gift,” Mycroft had replied dryly.

Oh Mycroft, lol.

“Bless you, love.” Greg laid a kiss on Mycroft’s head.

Awwww.

Using a memory trick Mycroft had taught him, Greg fixed the bit that had caught his attention.

Of course Mycroft is teaching Greg about Mind Palaces!