Sneeze Fetish Forum

Subtly Clashing Wishes

“Both?” Mycroft asked hopefully.

“Right.” Greg smiled. “I’ll be back in a tick.” So not sick, he thought.

Clever Greg.

My nose is…well, my nose.”

Greg laughed. “And I rather like it.” He leaned over and kissed said nose.

“Heh’Etch! Heh’TSH! Heh’TSHOO!” Twisting away, Mycroft sneezed rapidly into cupped hands. Greg handed over a few tissues.

“Really, Gregory. You are a horrible tease, “ Mycroft grumbled as he wiped his hands and nose.

Too funny. I love it!

Mycroft stared at the sandwich accusingly, as if it had betrayed him.

Ha!

“They make you sneeze. You don’t need anything else to make feel worse.” Greg felt like he was stating the obvious. Mycroft looked incredulous. “Haven’t you noticed you sneeze more when you read the paper?” Greg asked.

Oooh! Greg makes a deduction!

@Spoombstone I think your angry sandwich from Domestic Bliss and my sandwich of betrayal should get together. Think of all the havoc they could raise.

This cracked me up completely!!!!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• AngelEyes

• cally

• Juto

Spell Casting Witch, on 14 Oct 2015 - 8:56 PM, said:

“They make you sneeze. You don’t need anything else to make feel worse.” Greg felt like he was stating the obvious. Mycroft looked incredulous. “Haven’t you noticed you sneeze more when you read the paper?” Greg asked.

Oooh! Greg makes a deduction!

Good Lord, AngelEyes DevilHorns, Spoilers!!

Good Lord, AngelEyes DevilHorns, Spoilers!!

Oops, sorry!

AAAAAAAAAHHAHHH deducing!Gregory!!! Savour the moment Lestrade!! It'll NEVER happen again :P

Aww, now I can't wait to be 'spoiled' :D

Edited by All Juto's eve

Here is some silly fun for these two and lots of caretaking in different ways. (This isn't the story AngelEyes DevilHorns had alluded to in her last comment. I'm still working on that one. :) )

I still own nothing. There are some The Princess Bride references, which if you are not familiar with shouldn't impede your ability to enjoy the story. I love all the comments and feel free to leave more. Gentle readers, I hope you enjoy.

Barometers

It had been cold and damp all day. Greg knew as soon as he had gotten up that morning it was going to be a trying day for both Mycroft and himself. The sky had been darkening with clouds as he left the Yard and he hurried so as not to be caught in the incipient rain. He was grateful to be home, but there was one more hurdle to cross. Greg stood at the bottom of the stairs and sighed. Leaning heavily on the railing he made his way up. At the top he noticed Mycroft’s study door was ajar and the light was on within. Limping slightly he went over, knocked softly and entered.

“Hullo, love. How are you feeling?”

Mycroft looked up from his computer screen and replied, “Like someone has injected glue in my sinuses. And you, dear?”

Greg chuckled and made his way over to the sofa Mycroft kept in his study. His partner frowned at the awkward gait. Greg plopped himself down and rubbed his knee. “Like someone injected glue in my knee. It’s hell getting old.”

Mycroft smiled; he had heard this many times. His response was always the same. “And the alternative would be?”

“Good point. Still I understand more and more why people want to retire to the tropics.”

Mycroft sniffed. “That might work for you, but I am afraid it would be disastrous for me.” He began to shut down his computer and tidy his desk.

“Arizona, then?”

“Perhaps…” Mycroft stood and dug his handkerchief out of his pocket. Greg watched the sneeze build on his partner’s face. Lips parting and eyes closing, Mycroft raised the cloth as his face crumpled as if in pain.

“Heh…heh’Etsch…etsch…hih…hih’TSCH! …Heh’TSCHOO!”

“God bless you. Those looked like they hurt.” Greg observed. He looked on worriedly as Mycroft recovered.

Mycroft did not reply to the observation. He rubbed his forehead. “I believe we would both benefit from some moist heat. Would you care to join me for a bath?”

“Naked, in the tub, with you?” Mycroft rolled his eyes. “Absolutely.” Greg started to stand, but stopped grunting a little.

Mycroft came around his desk and offered his hand. “Come along, old man.” Greg accepted the assistance and allowed himself to be hoisted off the couch.

They made their way to the bedroom and Greg went on into the en suite. He started up the water and undressed, tossing his clothes in a pile in the corner of the room. Thunder rumbled outside as Greg lowered himself into the steaming bath. He sighed as the heat began to penetrate his achy joints.

“C’mon, love. The bath feels heavenly,” he called out.

Mycroft stepped into the room wearing only his robe. The steam hit him full on and he pressed his wrist to his nose. “Hhnnchhx, hihhnnnchhx, hhnnchx.” Mycroft again rubbed his forehead after the stifles.

Greg frowned. He hated it when Mycroft stifled his sneezes. Invariably, it would lead to a headache. Why smartypants never learned, he didn’t know. “Bless you,” he offered.

“Thank you.” Mycroft opened a bottle of ibuprofen and took two for himself. He offered two to Greg and a glass of water from the tap. “If you take these now, your knee won’t start hurting again after you get out of the bath.” Greg obediently accepted the medication.

Greg shifted as Mycroft slipped off his robe and joined his lover in the hot water. Mycroft settled between Greg’s legs and Greg began to work on loosening the knots in his partner’s neck and upper back.

“Rain’s about to start. We’ll both feel better once it’s over.” Greg observed.

Mycroft sniffled. The congestion was loosening in his sinuses. He could feel it tickle and tingle. Holding his wrist to his nose, he suppressed three more sneezes. Greg sighed and reaching behind him, grabbed a flannel from the ledge of the tub.

“Here y’go,” he said, waving the cloth in front of Mycroft. “Stop stifling. You’re undoing all my hard work.”

Mycroft took the face cloth and blew his nose. “Hih’tsh, hih’tish, ish, ish, ish…hih…heh…Heh’ETCHOO! Heh’ETSCHOO! Hih’TSHOO!”

When the sneezing stopped, Greg started rubbing Mycroft’s neck and shoulders again. “Bless you. Better?”

Mycroft finished wiping his nose. “Yes,” he agreed grudgingly. He let Greg continue the massage for a bit before leaning back. Greg wrapped his arms around Mycroft, leaving a kiss on his cheek. Mycroft sighed contentedly.

“Was it a bad day?” Greg asked.

“I spent the morning trying to convince Slovenia to admit more refugees. I really do not want to tell the PM what I had to promise. I am still holding the Dutch on a leash regarding the airplane crash in the Ukraine. There is a rather sensitive situation brewing in the Far East, which will likely necessitate a personal visit to settle. To top it off several local pols feel that more chicanes are required along their High Streets.” Mycroft’s voice became increasingly irritated as he spoke.

“So, average then.” Greg teased.

“You mock my pain?” Mycroft was tetchy.

“Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling you something.” Greg quoted back at him, keeping his tone light.

There was a moment of silence and then Mycroft couldn’t help it; he started to snicker. The laughter burbled up through his nose and sinuses. He was caught off guard by a quartet of sneezes. “Hih’TSH! htiSH! htiSH! HIh’TISHOO!” He bobbed forward catching them in the flannel.

Greg burst out laughing at the absurdity of it all. Mycroft soon joined him and their hilarity rung out through the room. Water sloshed out of the tub as they rolled around slaphappy and silly. Eventually they calmed down, water running down their faces mingling with their tears of laughter. As the sound faded, the patter of rain on the window became audible.

“Bless you, My. I’m sorry, but…”

“No, no.” Mycroft shook his head. “Do not apologize. It was simply ridiculous.” He reached for a fresh washcloth and soaped it up. He got up on his knees and began to wash Greg, starting with his chest and moving to his arms.

“Where did you get that from?” Mycroft asked after a moment.

“You don’t think I made that up?” Greg was enjoying Mycroft’s gentle scrubbing.

“No.”

“Yer right, of course. It’s from The Princess Bride. You’ve never seen the movie or read the book?”

Mycroft raised an eyebrow. “Does it sound like something I would have read?” He nudged Greg to turn around so he could wash the older man’s back.

“Dunno. I’m betting you read Marathon Man and that was written by the same guy.”

“Oh yes. I rather enjoyed the dentist character.”

Greg turned around and gave Mycroft an incredulous look. “Mental, you are.” He took the flannel from Mycroft and re soaped it. “You’d probably like Prince Humperdinck and Count Rugen.” Greg gently pushed Mycroft to turn around and began washing the younger man’s back.

“Oh, and who are your favorite characters in The Princess Bride?” Mycroft closed his eyes and dropped his head luxuriating in the feel of the cloth on his back.

Greg thought briefly. “Buttercup and Westley. Though Inigo and Fezzik are good sorts.” Greg tugged Mycroft around to face him. “Romantic, I am.” Greg grinned at Mycroft and got up on his knees so he could properly reach Mycroft’s chest and arms.

“Buttercup? Fezzik? Humperdinck? This author has a penchant for unusual names.”

“Says the man named ‘Mycroft’.” Greg rejoined as he finished rinsing the soap off of his love.

Mycroft smiled at Greg. “Does your knee feel better?”

Greg looked down at his legs and then back at Mycroft. “Yeh, it does.” He smiled. “How ‘bout your head?”

“Mmm…” Mycroft leaned in to kiss Greg. “Much better.”

FIN

A/N: William Goldman wrote The Princess Bride and Marathon Man, as well as adapted them for the screen. The movies are great, but the books are even better.

“Hullo, love. How are you feeling?”

Mycroft looked up from his computer screen and replied, “Like someone has injected glue in my sinuses. And you, dear?”

Sounds like my entire existence.

Why smartypants never learned, he didn’t know

He will never learn, because heaven forbid he show any weakness. Greg has the patience of a saint, in this case.

I have a lot of feels for Greg feeling his age. :lol: I imagine chasing down perps and playing football (plus giving his two daughters piggyback rides when they were young :P [okay, maybe not true but my personal headcanon!]) eventually caught up with him. It's sweet how Mycroft helps him feel better and vice-versa. Cuties. :wub:

Edited by Spoombstone

Aww, what a lovely piece! I love thier constant support for one another! Slightly older Greg and Mycroft the Wiser! Love them!

Here y’go,” he said, waving the cloth in front of Mycroft. “Stop stifling. You’re undoing all my hard work.”

Hehehe I loved this! jokey!caring!naked!Greg! Yum yum!!

spent the morning trying to convince Slovenia to admit more refugees. I really do not want to tell the PM what I had to promise. I am still holding the Dutch on a leash regarding the airplane crash in the Ukraine. There is a rather sensitive situation brewing in the Far East, which will likely necessitate a personal visit to settle. To top it off several local pols feel that more chicanes are required along their High Streets.” Mycroft’s voice became increasingly irritated as he spoke.

Hahahahahahahaaha I just love how you write them!! So in character!

Keep 'em coming!!!!!!!! :D

I'm so excited! I figured out how to quote on my iPad! So you get a real comment!

Lol

“Good point. Still I understand more and more why people want to retire to the tropics.”

Mycroft sniffed. “That might work for you, but I am afraid it would be disastrous for me.” He began to shut down his computer and tidy his desk.

And that's a bad thing?....

“Naked, in the tub, with you?” Mycroft rolled his eyes. “Absolutely.”

Pooh Mycroft! It's usually Greg that's cheeky!

““Stop stifling. You’re undoing all my hard work.”

Mycroft took the face cloth and blew his nose. “Hih’tsh, hih’tish, ish, ish, ish…hih…heh…Heh’ETCHOO! Heh’ETSCHOO! Hih’TSHOO!”

When the sneezing stopped, Greg started rubbing Mycroft’s neck and shoulders again. “Bless you. Better?”

Mycroft finished wiping his nose. “Yes,” he agreed grudgingly.

Oh Mycroft. You never learn. Mm, and the fits. Always the fits. All the fits. Always. Sorry, moving on.

“You mock my pain?” Mycroft was tetchy.

“Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling you something.” Greg quoted back at him, keeping his tone light.

There was a moment of silence and then Mycroft couldn’t help it; he started to snicker. The laughter burbled up through his nose and sinuses. He was caught off guard by a quartet of sneezes. “Hih’TSH! htiSH! htiSH! HIh’TISHOO!” He bobbed forward catching them in the flannel.

Lol. Sassy!Greg.

“Buttercup? Fezzik? Humperdinck? This author has a penchant for unusual names.”

“Says the man named ‘Mycroft’.” Greg rejoined as he finished rinsing the soap off of his love.

Touché!

This was great. Lighthearted. Funny. Playful. I love it.

Why did it take me so long to read this??? god I adore Mycroft!!! I need to go back and read everything but hnnnnnnggggggggg

Greg has the patience of a saint,

Yes, he does, with all the Holmes men it seems.

I imagine chasing down perps and playing football (plus giving his two daughters piggyback rides when they were young [okay, maybe not true but my personal headcanon!]) eventually caught up with him.

I like the headcannon he plays with his daughters in a rough and tumble way. He seems to be a physical, playful guy.

Hahahahahahahaaha I just love how you write them!! So in character!

Keep 'em coming!!!!!!!!

Thank you! I'll try. :D

This was great. Lighthearted. Funny. Playful. I love it.

Thank you! That is exactly what I was aiming for!

Why did it take me so long to read this??? god I adore Mycroft!!! I need to go back and read everything but hnnnnnnggggggggg

Welcome to my thread! Glad you are enjoying it. Mycroft is pretty cute. (But, lord, don't tell him that!)

Happy Halloween Everyone! Since I can't pass out candy or rather, sweets (I was informed no one in the UK uses the word "candy" to refer to confections in a general manner), I offer this story. It's way too long for a drabble, but I felt too short for the fan fiction section.

Again, I own nothing. I want to thank Cally, Spoo and bangbang for their suggestions. Thank you to everyone who reads and a special thank you to everyone who comments. I love hearing from you. :)

This is an AU (so things will be different) where Greg (age 21) and Mycroft (age 18), John (age 12) and Sherlock (age 11) have known each other during their teens and childhood, respectively. A little older now they meet again at a Halloween block party. I have no idea how or if Halloween is celebrated in the UK and I have decided not to care in this story. My description of the setting may be more like a US neighborhood. I have played loose with higher education and the fall schedules as well. Greg and Mycroft are younger than in my other stories, so in my mind they are little bolder. That said I hope I managed to preserve their basic personality traits. I really hope everyone enjoys it.

Halloween

“C’mon Fatty!” Sherlock called out. He stood at the top of the street staring down the block. Mycroft finished locking up the car and sniffed. He checked his pockets and carefully stowed the car keys. “Mycroft!” Sherlock turned back toward his brother, impatience gleaming in his eyes.

Mycroft rolled his eyes. “The street and the party are not going anywhere, brother mine.” Stretching ahead of them was several blocks of suburban homes decorated with spooky ghosts, creepy spiders and festive autumnal flora. People were out on the walk or sitting on their porches. Children of all ages, in costumes, were parading up and down. One house had a grill out front and was handing out hot dogs; another was serving apple cider. The late afternoon sun was warm and the sky a deep blue and cloudless.

“I told John I would meet him ten minutes ago. We’re late because you drive too slow.” Sherlock snapped at his brother.

Mycroft sighed, but refrained from mentioning they were late leaving the house due to Sherlock fussing with the eye patch of his pirate costume.

“I am sure you will find him without any difficulty.” Mycroft spoke reassuringly. Sherlock didn’t get invited to many parties and Mycroft could tell his brother was a little anxious.

They made their way down the street passing a few groups of children trick or treating. Sherlock didn’t attempt to trick or treat, he was so intent on finding John. Mycroft didn’t comment but followed behind sniffling every so often.

“Ahoy! Captain Holmes!” came a cry from a nearby porch. Sherlock whipped his head around and spied a young man wearing a Royal Navy costume and standing on the porch. Mycroft blinked in startled recognition.

“Admiral Lestrade,” growled Sherlock. He marched up the walk and drew his cutlass. Mycroft stood by watching the brewing confrontation.

“I left you for dead on an uncharted island three years ago.” Sherlock looked outraged at the presence of his former sitter.

“Got rescued then, didn’t I.” Greg rejoined cheekily.

“Hand over your booty or prepare to be boarded.” Sherlock announced.

“I assume by that you mean, ‘trick or treat’,” Greg chuckled. He picked up a large bowl filled with treats and came down off his porch. He offered Sherlock his choice of sweets and looked over at Mycroft. “Hullo, Myc.” Greg greeted him cheerily.

Mycroft smiled tentatively. “Hello, Greg.”

“Your goods are subpar,” Sherlock declared having chosen all his favorites.

Greg looked back at the bowl. “Oi! Leave some for the others and go attack other ports.” He looked back up at Mycroft and winked.

“Fine,” huffed Sherlock. “But first, I require information.” Sherlock brandished his cutlass.

“Ask away, dread pirate.”

“Where might I find John Watson?”

“Ah, he just came by dressed as a surgeon, bloody scrubs and all. I think that’s him just over there.” Greg pointed across the street and down a house. Sherlock quickly identified his friend and raced off calling John’s name.

Greg walked down the rest of the walk to stand next to Mycroft. He was surprised at how tall the elder Holmes had grown since he last saw him. Mycroft had slimmed down as well and his shoulders were beginning to fill out.

“It is good to see you again, Greg. I had better follow Sherlock.” Mycroft began to move off.

“Why don’t you stay a bit?” Greg suggested hopefully. “Sherlock will be fine and we can catch up. He’ll know to come here if he needs anything.” Greg always liked Sherlock’s shy, quiet brother. Seeing him again as a young man piqued his interest in a whole new way.

Mycroft bit his lip and looked at the crowds of children and adults milling up and down the sidewalks. He could see Sherlock had taken possession of his friend and was happily dragging him off.

“I know you don’t really want to follow Sherlock around all evening and you’ll be doing me a favor.”

Mycroft looked back at Greg and felt his resolve start to disintegrate in the face of the charming smile and warm brown eyes. Greg was right; the crowd rattled his nerves, though the thought of spending time with Greg rattled him in a different way.

“All right.” Mycroft found himself agreeing.

“Great! C’mon up. I’ll get us something to drink. What would you like?” Greg bounded down the walk and back up the steps. Mycroft followed at a more measured pace.

“A cup of tea would be pleasant.”

“Really? I was going to offer a beer, but tea it is.”

Mycroft felt his cheeks heat up. “If it’s no trouble, water …”

Greg laughed. “It’s no trouble. I’ll be back in a tick. Let any kids that come by help themselves.” He handed Mycroft the bowl of treats and disappeared inside.

Mycroft set the dish on the ledge of the porch wall near the steps and stood awkwardly on the porch. He wished he had something to do with his hands and shoved them in his pockets. A dinosaur and a fairy came by. Mycroft brought the bowl down to them, squatting to appear less imposing. They solemnly took a chocolate apiece and scampered back to their mother.

Mycroft returned himself and the bowl to the porch. He had not seen Gregory Lestrade in a long time. He had been Sherlock’s favorite sitter and it had been three years since he left for university. Mycroft and Sherlock fought too much to leave Mycroft in charge, so their parents would hire a sitter when they went out. Greg was a good match for Sherlock, playful but firm.

Though three years his senior, Greg was friendly with Mycroft, without being condescending. After Sherlock would go to bed, Greg would talk with Mycroft about his schoolwork, his books. Sometimes they would watch telly. (Well, Greg would watch. Mycroft would sit nearby and read.) The last year before Greg left they had French together. Mycroft would help Greg with his written work and Greg would help Mycroft practice his spoken skills. At that point, Greg was probably the closest person to being a friend in Mycroft’s life.

Mycroft pulled his handkerchief from his pocket and rubbed at his nose. Suddenly he needed to sneeze. “Hehh…ETSCHAAH! ETSCHH! Heh…Hih…ETSCHOO!” Mycroft sighed and blew his nose. The dregs of his most recent cold were still hanging around.

“Bless you.”

Mycroft turned to see Greg exiting the front door carrying two steaming mugs. “Thank you. My apologies.” He murmured, hurriedly pocketing his handkerchief. Mycroft moved to take one of the mugs.

Greg grinned. “No worries. Your autumn cold?”

“Yes.” Of course, Greg remembered Mycroft had a cold for every season. “Happily, I am at the end of it.” Mycroft tried to smile, but he felt self-conscious.

“Well, it explains the request for tea. Your mum always instructed me to make tea for you when were sick.”

“I know. I always appreciated how you told me you were making yourself a cup and would I like some.” Mycroft wrapped his hands around the mug enjoying the heat soaking through his fingers.

Greg shrugged. “You were too old to want to be mollycoddled by me.” Mycroft wasn’t sure how to respond and stared into his mug as the silence grew. Greg looked out at the street.

“Ah, we’ve got customers.” Greg handed his tea to Mycroft and picked up the treat bowl. He cheerfully greeted the party of ghosts, goblins and witches that eagerly accepted their sweets. The group ran off and Greg left the bowl on the steps.

“Let’s sit on the swing.” Greg gestured to the porch swing. As they sat, Mycroft handed Greg the mug of tea back to him. The quiet that followed was a bit tense and Greg searched for a way to end it. Mycroft sat next to him watching the street and the people going by.

“I’m guessing you’re on break this week, like I am.” Greg started lamely.

Mycroft hummed in agreement; his eyes never leaving the street scene. He drank a little of his tea. The temperature was starting to drop and he was beginning to feel a bit chilled. He shivered slightly and sniffed.

“What are you studying?” Greg continued to try to start a conversation.

“Political science and international relations.”

“What? No languages?” Greg exclaimed in mock horror.

“Well, I tested out of French, Spanish and Italian. I am presently studying Russian and Chinese.”

“Don’t the Arabs feel left out?” Greg teased.

Mycroft chuckled. “I imagine they would, but I am auditing those classes. Apparently there is a limit to the number of credit hours one can take in a semester.” He stole a glance at Greg.

Greg shook his head wonderingly. “You were always the smart one.”

Mycroft had good enough manners to blush at the compliment, though he knew it was true.

“What are you studying, Greg?” Mycroft now looked more boldly at his seatmate, curious as to what Greg was doing as well.

“Criminal justice. I always thought working for New Scotland Yard would be fun. I’m learning it would be fun, but a lot of work.” Greg turned to meet Mycroft’s gaze.

“You never shirked from hard work as I remember.” Mycroft was sincere and it was Greg’s turn to blush. Mycroft sniffed again.

“Are you getting cold?” Greg had noted the sniffling and Mycroft’s nose turning pink.

“No, I…” He set his mug down. It had been one sniff too many. “I…hih…am…fi-hih-ne.” Mycroft pulled his handkerchief out and crushed it to his face.

“Hih’TSCH! Hihh’TSCHAAH!”

“That doesn’t sound fine.”

“Heh’ETSCH…heh…heh’EFTSHoo!”

“Bless you.”

Hih…Hih…Eh…” Mycroft’s breath kept hitching, but the sneeze was stuck. He rubbed at his nose with his handkerchief. “Hah…Ah…Heh…

“Aaanndd?” Greg stretched the word out.

Mycroft started to giggle. “Bugger, it’s gone,” he said without heat. He lowered the cloth from his face.

“Sorry.” Greg smirked and didn’t seem very apologetic.

“You will be. It will come back with a ve…heh… vengeance.” Mycroft sniffed experimentally. His nose still tingled.

“I’ll consider myself…”

Mycroft suddenly pitched forward. “Heh’ETSCHOO! Heh’ETSH! Heh’TSHAAH!” The porch swing rocked with the force of his sneezes. Greg planted his feet to steady the swing and placed his hand on Mycroft’s back ready to grab the back of his coat.

“Christ! Warned. You didn't tell me it would bring friends. Bless you, Myc.” Greg withdrew his hand.

Mycroft wiped his nose. “Apologies.”

“I’m going to get us a blanket before you explode.” Greg nudged Mycroft’s shoulder with his own to help him fight the urge to brush the ginger curls off of Mycroft’s forehead. The younger man just nodded mutely, feeling a tad embarrassed due to his outburst. He took advantage of Greg’s absence to blow his nose. Mycroft had just finished putting away his handkerchief when he heard Greg return.

“Oi! You lot! You’ve already been here!” Greg playfully scolded a group of older kids. “I’ve got a zombie with a cold up here. Don’t make me turn him loose on you.” To Greg’s delight, Mycroft let out a ghoulish moan followed by a harsh cough. The children giggled and ran off. Grinning, Greg turned back to Mycroft, who raised an eyebrow at him.

Greg had brought an afghan out and sat back down, spreading the blanket over their laps. “Good zombie.” Greg patted Mycroft’s knee over the afghan. “Here, I brought you a present.” Mycroft huffed with amusement as a pack of tissues appeared from under the blanket and was laid in his lap.

It was Mycroft who resumed the conversation. “I am not sure I understand how I am doing you a favor.” He retrieved his mug from the porch floor where he had placed it earlier. “I don’t think you meant zombie impersonations.”

“Which you are brilliant at.”

“Thank you.” Mycroft waited.

Greg sighed and rubbed his hand through his thick dark hair. “It’s just that my sisters are all out with their dates. So, my mum would be out here with me quizzing me about my love life. With you here she’ll give me, or rather us, space.”

Mycroft nodded understandingly. He knew all about nosy mothers. “My pleasure, Greg.” Then a thought occurred to him and he turned to look at Greg. “Does she think we are on a date?”

Greg shrugged. “Dunno.” He paused and asked tentatively, “Would that be bad?” He looked into Mycroft’s eyes, realizing this was possibly an ill-timed confession.

Mycroft studied Greg intently. Greg was suddenly nervous and shivered under Mycroft’s scrutiny. He remembered Mycroft being brilliant, but had not completely remembered the way he could strip a person bare.

Mycroft saw no hint of malice or mockery. The younger man had experienced plenty of both when he came out his last year of school. His first year at university had, so far, been filled with more tolerance, if not more understanding.

All of this took place in the space of a few heartbeats. Mycroft carefully replied, “No, it would not be bad, but Greg we are not on a date.”

Greg’s eyes widened. “No, no, of course not. I only…”

Mycroft spoke firmly over Greg’s fumbling. “I would expect that you would ask me out properly, if you wished to date me.” A faint smile played across Mycroft’s face.

Greg let go a breath he hadn’t realized he had been holding. “Yeah, I will.”

Feeling more confident, Mycroft let the faint smile bloom and his blue eyes sparkle. “See that you do.”

FIN

AWWWWWWW ohmigod!!!!!

I had the biggest smile on my face while reading this!! It was a perfect and very intriguing setting for this holiday. I think you managed to pull off a really awesome piece of AU Mystrade and I would not mind one bit of you were to continue with the he current character ages/settings. While I love the middle aged Mystrade and their domestics, there's nothing like young love :D I soak it up!!!!!!!!!

left you for dead on an uncharted island three years ago.” Sherlock looked outraged at the presence of his former sitter.

“Got rescued then, didn’t I.” Greg rejoined cheekily.

Hahahahahahahaa I can easily imagene the scowl on Sherlocks face! I loved that you made him his sitter! It just fits perfectly!!

Greg grinned. “No worries. Your autumn cold?”

“Yes.” Of course, Greg remembered Mycroft had a cold for every season. “Happily, I am at the end of it.” Mycroft tried to smile, but he felt self-conscious.

Awww, of course he remembers. *turns on iPhone lighter and waves it back and forth in the air whilst chanting "Mystrade4eva Mystrade4eva"*

“Oi! You lot! You’ve already been here!” Greg playfully scolded a group of older kids. “I’ve got a zombie with a cold up here. Don’t make me turn him loose on you.” To Greg’s delight, Mycroft let out a ghoulish moan followed by a harsh cough. The children giggled and ran off. Grinning, Greg turned back to Mycroft, who raised an eyebrow at him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: aww to be able to actually see this for real!! I would combust!!

Mycroft nodded understandingly. He knew all about nosy mothers. “My pleasure, Greg.” Then a thought occurred to him and he turned to look at Greg. “Does she think we are on a date?”

Greg shrugged. “Dunno.” He paused and asked tentatively, “Would that be bad?” He looked into Mycroft’s eyes, realizing this was possibly an ill-timed confession.

Mycroft studied Greg intently. Greg was suddenly nervous and shivered under Mycroft’s scrutiny. He remembered Mycroft being brilliant, but had not completely remembered the way he could strip a person bare.

Mycroft saw no hint of malice or mockery. The younger man had experienced plenty of both when he came out his last year of school. His first year at university had, so far, been filled with more tolerance, if not more understanding.

All of this took place in the space of a few heartbeats. Mycroft carefully replied, “No, it would not be bad, but Greg we are not on a date.”

Greg’s eyes widened. “No, no, of course not. I only…”

Mycroft spoke firmly over Greg’s fumbling. “I would expect that you would ask me out properly, if you wished to date me.” A faint smile played across Mycroft’s face.

Greg let go a breath he hadn’t realized he had been holding. “Yeah, I will.”

Feeling more confident, Mycroft let the faint smile bloom and his blue eyes sparkle. “See that you do.”

Whoa! Greg wasn't the only one unconsciously holding a breath here :D

This part was soooo good!!

Mystrade aside, I loved the neighbourhood setting. You made it sound so.... Communal and cosy. I wish it could be like that in DK. Sadly were swamped with haters!! But this was so lovely! Aahhh.... Feel free to cook up more in this particular AU :D

I love that all their costumes are a hint at their personalities/future selves. Cute. Also:

“C’mon Fatty!” Sherlock called out.

LOL!

God I feel bad, Juto told me to read this like days ago and I go so caught up in MC I forgot til now but HNNNNNNGGGGGGGG, there's something about sick sneezy Mycroft that just makes me shiver in antici....pation. I bloody love it.

I had the biggest smile on my face while reading this!!

I DID TOO!!!

I think you managed to pull off a really awesome piece of AU Mystrade and I would not mind one bit of you were to continue with the he current character ages/settings.

Thank you. It seemed the best way to do a Halloween Mystrade.

Feel free to cook up more in this particular AU :)

Feel free to make a suggestion for this AU.

I know I said it before, but I absolutely love this. It's so adorable and cuddly and awwwwww.

Thank you for reading it over before I posted. You're the best! :clapping:

I love that all their costumes are a hint at their personalities/future selves. Cute. Also:

Spell Casting Witch, on 31 Oct 2015 - 06:27 AM, said:

“C’mon Fatty!” Sherlock called out.
LOL!

You and Spoo really liked young Sherlock. He was fun to write. :D

there's something about sick sneezy Mycroft that just makes me shiver in antici....pation. I bloody love it.

Duly noted. More sick, sneezy Mycroft for Kaze. :thumbsup2: I love the Rocky Horror reference. Made me want to shout, "Say it!"

I wanted to thank all my readers and faithful commenters. I really appreciated all the positive feed back. It is wonderful knowing people enjoy reading my stories. I am not likely to post anything this week. Real life has not been kind to me and mine recently. I am a little short on time and distracted. I have things written, just not ready to post. I'll be back soon and hope you will still be here. In the meantime...

If you are team Mycroft, have a glass of port on me. :wine:

If you are team Greg, I'll treat you to a beer. :cheers:

It you are both, try not to get drunk! :drunk:

Feel free to make a suggestion for this AU.

Ohh-hoooo I will :D

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time and I hope all will be well soon! In the meantime, mind if I post some "feel good' "keep calm... Mystrade?" Some good laughs to lift your spirits and replace this weeks story! Take your time finding you feet. Should you ever need it, you know where my profile is ;)

Real life has not been kind to me and mine recently. I am a little short on time and distracted.

Girl, take your time relax, do what YOU need to do. We can happily wait.

I echo what Juto said :yes:

If ive managed to put even a tiny smile on your face, I'd say mission accomplished!

:wine::cheers:

anyone got any other cute/funny/adorable Mystrade to brighten Scw's day?

Or we could let Mycroft do the dirty work

*spits out pepsi*

Dang it Juto.... XDD