Sneeze Fetish Forum

Subtly Clashing Wishes

On 2.3.2016 at 1:03 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

Thanks for the link! Good to know the Danish is correct.

That link is really very interesting. Thank you, dear @Juto of Fluff! About the German one: I would always say "Gesundheit" and never "Helfgott" or "Großwachsen". o.O I've never even heard that before. So, this must really be a very regional thing...

Also - good for Gregory there's someone who can teach him some botany. :P

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• AngelEyes

• cally

• Juto

On March 4, 2016 at 11:53 PM, ShyFoxy said:

Oh my GOD!! This has to be one of my favorites! (Though, of course, all your writings are wonderful.) Anyhow, yes, this is adorable! The fact that Greg is willing to suffer just so Mycroft can have the relief he so desperately needs (not that we want to give it to him of course :twisted2:)

@ShyFoxy Yay! It is great to hear from you. Thank you for the complements. :D

On March 4, 2016 at 4:41 PM, matilda3948 said:

I'm so obscenely behind on commenting, but I really just adore your drabbles! They're lovely and make me all warm and happy inside :) 

@matilda3948 Thanks! I'm glad my little writings bring you some happiness. That makes me happy! :D

On March 10, 2016 at 3:41 PM, hedgehog said:

Also - good for Gregory there's someone who can teach him some botany. :P

I know, "It's purple". :rolleyes: @hedgehog Thank you for reading and commenting. I'll have to come up with a good sick fic for you. 

To @cally, @AngelEyes, @Juto of Fluff Thank you, for being great friends. Your support here has been unwavering and I really appreciate it. :hug:

So this is the first, I hope, of a series of short (and I mean it!) Mystrade vignettes featuring blessings in different languages. I am not a linguist by any means. Any reader should feel free to offer suggestions and corrections. Translations of the blessing will be at the end of the story. I am using the Wikipedia entry “Responses to sneezing” as my main source (thanks, @Juto of Fluff!), but I will try to get confirmation of these blessings from other sources. I don’t plan on posting these in any particular order and will likely post other fics in between. I hope you enjoy! Again I own nothing but my brain.

Blessings: French

Greg found Mycroft reading, curled up at one end of the sofa in the drawing room with a blanket over his legs and a tissue box nearby.

“How are you feeling, love?”

Mycroft sniffled and put down his book. “No better, no worse. How was your visit with your grandmother?” He pulled a tissue from the box and rubbed at his red nose.

Greg sat at the other end of the couch and reached under the blanket, pulling Mycroft’s icy feet into his lap. “She’s grand. She’s sorry she wasn’t able to meet you.”

“I was not going to bring your centenarian grandmother this filthy cold.” Mycroft replied hoarsely.

“She sent you this.” Greg shifted and pulled a small jar from his pocket. Mycroft groaned. Greg smirked and uncapped it. He took a small amount of the ointment and began to rub it onto Mycroft’s feet.  The pungent odor wafted into the room. Mycroft grabbed a handful of tissues in preparation.

Heh…heh…heh’TSCH! tish, tisch, tish…” Mycroft buried his face in the tissues. “Hah’SCHOO!  Heh’ETSCHOO!”

“A tes souhaits.”1 Greg kept rubbing Mycroft’s feet.

Mycroft blew his nose. “Merci.”2 He studied Greg. “I was not aware you spoke French.” He frowned at how congested he sounded.

“What would I speak with Gram? She doesn’t speak English.” Greg looked up at Mycroft questioningly. Mycroft snatched another batch of tissues.

“Hih’TSH! Hih’ETSH!

“A tes amours.”3 Greg murmured.

“Heh’ETSCHOO!”

“Qu’elles durent toujours,”4 Greg offered softly.

Mycroft looked up at Greg, his eyes twinkling. “Merci, que les tiennes durent toujours.”5

Greg smiled broadly. “Mmm… You sound sexy when you speak French all stuffed up and hoarse.” Greg gently stroked the bottom of Mycroft’s foot eliciting a repressed giggle. “Speak any other languages?”

Mycroft lightly kicked Greg. “That is for me to know and you to find out.”

And the game is on…TBC…

1”To your wishes”

2”Thank you”

3”To your loves”

4”That they last forever”

5”Thank you, may yours last forever”

52 minutes ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

“I was not aware you spoke French.”

Liar, liar pants on fire.  You know all, Mycroft. ;)  You're just trying to cover up how arousing you find it. :lol:

54 minutes ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

“Speak any other languages?”

Mycroft lightly kicked Greg. “That is for me to know and you to find out.”

Greg, you know he has to speak a bunch- he's Mycroft! :lol: Or were you just trying to get him to sound sexy in more than one foreign language?

This was so frigging cute! :)  I can't wait to read more!  

OMG! I love this so much!!! French. I love French. And I love the idea of this series. It's adorable!

2 hours ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

“She sent you this.” Greg shifted and pulled a small jar from his pocket. Mycroft groaned. Greg smirked and uncapped it. He took a small amount of the ointment and began to rub it onto Mycroft’s feet.  The pungent odor wafted into the room. Mycroft grabbed a handful of tissues in preparation.

Squeeee!!!! Gram's footrub!!! I have a total thing for this you know.....

2 hours ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

Greg smiled broadly. “Mmm… You sound sexy when you speak French all stuffed up and hoarse.” Greg gently stroked the bottom of Mycroft’s foot eliciting a repressed giggle.

Seriously sexy! Like, seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

@cally Mycroft did know Greg spoke French, but wasn't likely aware how hot he would find it. :rolleyes: I am glad you thought it was cute. :D

@AngelEyes For you, anytime I can bring Gram's foot rub to the party I will. :lol:

@hedgehog Thank you!

This one is a little late but inspired by the recent holiday. 

Blessings: Gaelic

“So? What do you think? Should we add it to the rotation?” Greg turned and looked over at Mycroft expectantly.

“Absolutely,” Mycroft murmured, leaning forward to watch the credits go by.

“The effects were pretty amazing given there were no computers involved,” Greg commented.

“He sings. Who knew he could sing?” Mycroft muttered.

“Walt Disney knew,” replied Greg. He pulled his partner close to lean against his chest and sang into Mycroft’s soft ginger hair.

“He is my dear, my darlin’ one

My smilin’ and beguilin’ one.

I love the ground he walks upon

My darlin’ Irish boy.”*

Mycroft pulled away. “Heh’etch…hih’tish…heh’TISCHOO!”

“Dia Linn!”1

“Gabh mo lieth scèal.”2 Mycroft blew his nose. “You learned that just for this movie.”

“Yeh, but why do you know Gaelic?”

“Field work.”

“Field work?”

“In the ‘90s.” Mycroft leaned forward again, coughing. Greg rubbed his ailing partner’s back. When the coughing abated, Mycroft replied. “My coloring was considered an advantageous.”

Greg chuckled, “I bet.”

TBC…

*From “Pretty Irish Girl” from Darby O’Gill and the Little People

1God be with us

2Excuse me

Edited by Seeking Clarity + Wisdom
Spacing!!!!

Awww! Greg sings! I would love to listen to that!

55 minutes ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

Mycroft blew his nose. “You learned that just for this movie.”

LOL!

55 minutes ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

“My coloring was considered an advantageous.”

Greg chuckled, “I bet.”

More LOL!

This was super cute and funny! Love!

So great how you decided to treat us to these little blessing-drabbles using different languages! Such a unique and great idea. I'd love it read more. 

Also, kudos for magaging to stick so firmly to your characters (humour!Gregory... Swooooooon... And singing(???)!Gregory? :drool: I'm not sure my feels were quite ready for that.) despite the actual Drabble length of the Drabble :D your take on Mystrade will never cease to amaze and spellbind me :D 

OMG this was too adorable! :):heart:  Singing Greg and poor, unwell Mycroft, brilliant.

6 hours ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

“In the ‘90s.” Mycroft leaned forward again, coughing. Greg rubbed his ailing partner’s back. When the coughing abated, Mycroft replied. “My coloring was considered an advantageous.”

But this part gave me Mycroft related anxiety, even though they 90's were ages ago.  :nosad:

On March 29, 2016 at 11:07 PM, AngelEyes said:

This was super cute and funny! Love!

Aww! Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

On March 29, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Juto said:

your take on Mystrade will never cease to amaze and spellbind me

Thank you! :D I hope to never disappoint. 

On March 29, 2016 at 4:51 AM, cally said:

OMG this was too adorable!

Yay! I aim for cute! :D

On March 29, 2016 at 4:51 AM, cally said:
On March 29, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

But this part gave me Mycroft related anxiety, even though they 90's were ages ago.

Sorry. We do have to remember sometimes that Mycroft, underneath that bespoke suit, is a bit of a BAMF. ;)

So this next one is a bit of a dare from @cally . She and I ran across a bit of Mystrade head cannon that was too funny. She dared me to write a fic with it and include it my Blessings theme. So here it goes... Remember I own nothing and comments are love and sustenance. :heart:

Blessings: Spanish

Note: This takes place after their trip to Dèia

“Have I told you how much I love your neck?” Greg whispered. Warm water from the shower rained down on Mycroft as he tilted his head under. Steam filled the shower stall and the bathroom. Mycroft rotated to face the water, letting it hit his chest. He shivered as Greg’s finger traced along his hairline.

“No, but do go on.” Mycroft was enjoying the attention.

“It’s long and graceful, with these little ginger curls and freckles.”

“Hmm… I think you can refrain from mentioning the freckles.” Mycroft turned to face Greg.

“Oh no, they are… muy guapo.”1 Greg grinned.

Mycroft chuckled. “We are not in Mallorca, Gregory.”

“I don’t want to forget what Spanish I picked up.”

“I would like to forget I picked up more freckles.” Mycroft sniffed. The steam was making his nose and sinuses tickle, as usual. “Hand me a flannel.” Mycroft sniffed again.

Greg passed over a flannel. “Oh good. I get to practice some more Spanish.” Mycroft rolled his eyes and turned his back to the older man. Greg laid his hands gently on his lover’s shoulders and listened to Mycroft’s breath hitch.

“Hih’Tish…”

“Salud…”2

“Tish, Tish…”

“Dinero…”3

“TISHOO!”

“Amor…”4

With each sneeze, Greg lightly kissed his partner’s upper back and shoulders. “You done?” he asked.

Mycroft shook his head briefly. “Heh’ETSCHOO!” He blew his nose softly.

“Sexo!”5 Greg nipped Mycroft’s right shoulder lightly.

Mycroft huffed, tended to his nose and set the flannel aside. “You are ridiculous,” he murmured as Greg continued to lavish tender touches on his back and shoulders.

“No, you are—ridiculously sexy with all these freckles.” Greg rejoined as he began to kissing and licking his way down Mycroft’s back.

Mycroft hummed, basking in the warm water and the sensation of his lover worshipping his skin. Greg’s hands and lips felt like they were everywhere at once. Mycroft quivered with pleasure.

“Pecas…pecas…”6 Greg crooned as he lipped and nipped those precious spots. His hands slipped down caressing. “Pecas nalgas.”7

Mycroft jerked and spun. “What? What did you say?” Greg stepped back as Mycroft twisted around trying to see behind him.

“Pecas nalgas. Freckle bum.”

“I do not!”

“Umm… You do.”

“This is dreadful.” Mycroft was craning his neck.

Greg stepped forward and pulled Mycroft’s face around. Cupping each cheek Greg kissed his aggrieved partner. “Why do you care, My? You can’t see them and I think they are…” Greg paused and kissed Mycroft deeply. “Muy guapo.”8

1,8 Very beautiful/handsome

2Health

3Money

4Love

5Sex

6Freckles

7Freckle bottom/bum

OMG! Too Freaking Funny! And Adorable! I'm laying here laughing and grinning like a freak! I love this sooooo much!

1 hour ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

“You done?” he asked.

Mycroft shook his head briefly.

I love it when he's not done.

Mycroft huffed, tended to his nose and set the flannel aside. “You are ridiculous,” he murmured as Greg continued to lavish tender touches on his back and shoulders.

He totally is. And that's why you love him so much. (Us too!)

“No, you are—ridiculously sexy with all these freckles.” Greg rejoined as he began to kissing and licking his way down Mycroft’s back.

Case in point.

Mycroft jerked and spun. “What? What did you say?” Greg stepped back as Mycroft twisted around trying to see behind him.

I can totally see his astonished horror!

Poor thing. But LOL!

“Why do you care, My? You can’t see them and I think they are…” Greg paused and kissed Mycroft deeply. “Muy guapo.”8

Exactly!

This is Fantastic!

:lol::lol::lol:  OMG!!!!!

11 hours ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

Mycroft sniffed. The steam was making his nose and sinuses tickle, as usual. “Hand me a flannel.” Mycroft sniffed again.

Awww, poor lamb.  Can't even take a shower without feeling irritated.

11 hours ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

:lol: Oh, don't worry Mycroft.  No one else is going to see them but Greg.  

This was too brilliant and too adorable and exactly what I wanted. :)  Thank you. :heart:

This. Was. Too. Adorable. 

Awwww freckle bum :lol: Greg is such an enthusiast :lol: hehe don't worry Mycroft, I find your freckles adorable too :P 

On April 6, 2016 at 9:48 PM, AngelEyes said:

OMG! Too Freaking Funny! And Adorable! I'm laying here laughing and grinning like a freak! I love this sooooo much!

Thank you! Your comment really made me smile. :D

On April 6, 2016 at 7:40 AM, cally said:

This was too brilliant and too adorable and exactly what I wanted. :)  Thank you. :heart:

You are too welcome. :heart:

On April 7, 2016 at 2:25 AM, Juto said:

This. Was. Too. Adorable. 

Thank you! :) 

So here's another in the Blessings series. Though, honestly, since the last one was so cute, I'm not sure how well this measures up. However, I will persevere. 

Blessings:  Hawaiian

“You can’t tell me you aren’t sick of this weather.” Mycroft sniffed and continued to study the contents of the folder he had with him in bed, ignoring Greg. “Look at these pictures.” Greg leaned over trying to show Mycroft the images he had pulled up on his iPad. “There’s sun and sand and sea.”

“No.” Mycroft didn’t shift his gaze from his papers; his reading glasses perched on the end of his pink nose.

“There’re volcanoes!”

Mycroft turned a stern glare on Greg. Greg, unbowed, smiled winningly. Mycroft rolled his eyes and rubbed his nose as he pushed his glasses up.

“I have no desire to go to Hawaii.”

“You’ve had the sniffles for weeks. You need to go somewhere that isn’t cold and damp.” Greg argued.

“The sniffles? Really, Gregory.” Mycroft sniffed again and raised his handkerchief to wipe his nose. His eyelids flickered closed and his breath gave a soft hitch. “Hih’Tish, Tischoo… Heh’ETSCH!’

“Kihe, a mauli ola.1 See? I learned to say ‘bless you’ in Hawaiian.”

Mycroft softly blew his nose and looked down at Greg’s device. The cloth still clasped to his irritated nostrils. “Gregory, look at your lovely pictures.” Mycroft tapped the screen with his other hand. “Tell me, how do you think my ‘sniffles’ would fare around all those flowers?” Mycroft sat back and set his handkerchief aside as he picked up his folder.

Greg looked at the bright images and pulled a face. He tapped the screen a few times. “Sedona, then?”

TBC…

1Sneeze, and you shall live

Thanks @cally and @Juto!

I have more Blessings ahead, but I am interested if anyone has any language or scenario suggestions. Feel free to give me a shout out if you do. Either here or in a PM.

So I know there are some folks who really enjoy a high fever and when someone is really sick... Warnings for needles/injections. Comments are love, yada, yada, yada...

Blessings: German

“Oh, My, love.” Greg looked down at his partner as he gently daubed the wet flannel on Mycroft’s flushed face. “What happened to you?” he murmured. Greg turned to John who had set up his bag on one their dressers. “Is he going to be okay?” Greg asked. The worry and concern in his question was palpable.

John glanced up from where he was preparing an injection. His face was serious. “If he gets any worse you’ll need to take him to hospital.”

Mycroft mumbled something unintelligible. “What’s that, love?” Greg asked anxiously. Mycroft turned his head and coughed weakly. “Bloody hell,” Greg muttered. “I don’t think he is even speaking English,” he commented to John.

“No, it sounds like German.” John had come to the bedside with a syringe.

“Wonderful.” Greg rolled his eyes.

“Can you turn him on his side? I’m going to need to put this in his backside.”

Greg shifted to the other side of the bed and climbed up next to Mycroft. He slid one arm around his partner’s shoulders and another around his knees and pulled, shifting Mycroft to his side. Mycroft moaned and began to cough. Greg could hear the phlegm rattling through his lover’s chest. Mycroft’s body felt like it was on fire, it was so hot.

Greg bent his head and spoke softly. “I don’t know if you can understand me. John is going to give you a shot to get you started feeling better. Don’t worry. I’ll be right here.

“Alles klar.”1

“Why aren’t you speaking English?”

“Warum sprichst du nicht Deutsch?2

Greg regarded his partner, and then said to John, “I think he gets it.”

John nodded and pulled down Mycroft’s pajama bottoms down.

“Nein,”3 Mycroft protested.

“Shush, love.”

John swabbed an area high on Mycroft’s buttock and gave the shot. Mycroft hissed in pain. “Sorry, I know that burns.” John stuck the needle in the bed and helped Greg get the patient settled back and propped up. Mycroft eyed John and grumbled something under his breath.

“Oh, you made him mad.” Mary said as she entered the room, bearing a tray with mugs full of steaming liquid.

“Do you speak German?” Greg asked hopefully.

“No. I can tell by the look he is giving John, he is not pleased.” She sat the tray on the bedside table and lightly laid a hand on Mycroft’s forehead. “Drink your broth and tea or Greg will have to ask John to come back with an IV bag.”

Mycroft nodded. “Sherlock?” he croaked.

“Ah, rearranging the books in your library.” Mary smiled at Mycroft. “He said you would need something to do when you were feeling better, but not yet allowed back to work.”

Greg shook his head in disbelief. “Prat,” breathed Greg. Mycroft closed his eyes and shivered.

“Here come the chills.” Mary gently nudged Greg off the bed and pulled up the duvet. Greg went to the blanket chest and pulled out a soft chenille throw to wrap around Mycroft’s shoulders. Handing the throw to Mary, he went to talk to John, who was repacking his bag.

John observed Mary tucking Mycroft in. “You need to get him to drink and take some paracetamol.” John instructed. “If he doesn’t, it’s hospital.”

“I know,” sighed Greg.

“You sure he was fine a couple of hours ago?”

“I think he was. He’s been away. Anthea sent me a text about three hours ago. They had landed and she was bringing him straight home, because he didn’t feel well.” Greg shrugged. “Nothing new there. I’m sure if he had been this bad she would have taken him to hospital.” John hummed in agreement. “I didn’t hear anything from him, so I came home to check.” Greg rubbed the back of his neck and sighed again.

Mary came over. “He’s either asleep or ignoring me.”

Greg glanced over to see Mycroft huddled under the duvet with his back to the room. “Thanks, both of you, for coming.  I just… panicked.”

John clapped Greg on the shoulder and lifted his bag. Mary kissed Greg on the cheek. “We’ll see ourselves out. I’ll come by tomorrow to check on him and give him another injection.” John said. “You want us to take Sherlock with us?”

Greg rubbed his face. “He can stay if he wants.”

The Watsons left and Greg clambered back onto the bed with Mycroft. He studied his lover. Reaching out he brushed at the sweat-dampened curl on Mycroft’s forehead. Mycroft’s eyes opened part way and he muttered a question.

“Yeh, they’re gone. At least I think that’s what you asked me. It could be you wanted to know what time it is in Iceland.”

Twisting his head away Mycroft started to cough.“ John says you likely have pneumonia. ”The coughs continued and Mycroft struggled to sit up. Greg loosened the blankets and helped the younger man upright. He rubbed Mycroft’s back and the coughing abruptly stopped.

“Hih’TSH… Hih’ETSH… Heh’ETSCHOO!” Mycroft sniffed.

“I wondered when that was going to start. Gesundheit.”4

Mycroft gave a few more coughs and collapsed back into Greg’s waiting arms. Greg kissed Mycroft’s temple and tucked the blankets back in around his shivering partner. Mycroft croaked something in German.

“That’s it, My. That was all the German I know. You are going to have to get better… or switch to French.”

TBC…

1Alright/All clear

2Why aren’t you speaking German?

3No

4Bless you.

Edited by Sinister Cries + Wails

Hawaiian. Beautiful imagery. 

On April 14, 2016 at 9:28 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

“Gregory, look at your lovely pictures.” Mycroft tapped the screen with his other hand. “Tell me, how do you think my ‘sniffles’ would fare around all those flowers?”

Hawaii it is! Yes please.

German. I love this whole scenario. It's so fleshed out. I love how you've included Mary, and got her character just right!

“Oh, you made him mad.” Mary said as she entered the room, bearing a tray with mugs full of steaming liquid.

I can just see the smirk on her face!

Mycroft nodded. “Sherlock?” he croaked.

“Ah, rearranging the books in your library.” Mary smiled at Mycroft. “He said you would need something to do when you were feeling better, but not yet allowed back to work.”

Greg shook his head in disbelief. “Prat,” breathed Greg.

Perfect!

“I wondered when that was going to start. Gesundheit.”

I love how Greg just says this as if it was inevitable. Which it is.

“That’s it, My. That was all the German I know. You are going to have to get better… or switch to French.”

And this is just adorable. So adorably worried Greg.

I'm absolutely loving these blessings in different languages. Such an interesting, creative idea. And Mycroft...poor thing!

That's the extent of my German too, Greg.  And I took it for 3 years. :lol:  Actually, that's not true.  I can ask if you speak German, tell you my name and where I live and ask for some  basic food items.  Not that anyone cares. :lol:

Anyways, poor Mycroft.  He sounds terribly miserable and that's just :( 

My personal favourite is Sherlock rearranging the books.  So totally him. :)

Haha! Aww this was just wonderful!! And that ending? I ADORE the humour you give Gregory in your drabbles!!! Just perfection! Original and so well written! :D 

On April 20, 2016 at 11:52 PM, AngelEyes said:

I love this whole scenario. It's so fleshed out. I love how you've included Mary, and got her character just right!

Thanks! I just had to include her, particularly after seeing her interact with Mycroft in TAB. 

On April 20, 2016 at 0:18 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

I'm absolutely loving these blessings in different languages. Such an interesting, creative idea.

Thank you! I try to keep it interesting. It is fun coming up with scenarios to use the different languages. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

On April 20, 2016 at 7:00 AM, cally said:

My personal favourite is Sherlock rearranging the books.

Me too. He wouldn't want to be anywhere near the sickroom, but felt he had to do something "useful". :rollhmm:

On April 20, 2016 at 8:12 AM, Juto said:

I ADORE the humour you give Gregory in your drabbles!!!

I figure Greg has got to have a well developed sense of humor and excellent self esteem or he'd never survive the Holmes boys. I'll leave the Mystrade angst to @cally because she does it so well. :D 

I am so pleased my Blessings are being so well received. Thank you to everyone who reads and thanks and hugs to anyone who comments. :hug: 

I am happy to consider suggestions of scenarios or languages for this little series. @AngelEyes suggested one for Russian, but I had already written this. So, I promise I will find another language to use for the scenario suggested. My only warning for this drabble is a gross Sherlock experiment. :P 

Blessings:  Russian

“I miss you.”

“I miss you too, Gregory.”

“No, I really miss you.” Greg insisted.

Mycroft chuckled. “It is not a contest.”

“When are you coming home?”

“At least another week, dear.” Mycroft sighed.

“Are you taking your vitamins? Your Echinacea?”

“Really, Gregory. You are being overprotective.” Mycroft took a sip of honeyed tea to soothe his raw throat.

“No, I’m not. Past experience tells me you’ll be down with a head cold in the next twelve to twenty-four hours, starting today.”

“Oh, come now, viruses are not that predictable.”

“Yeh, they are and so are you when you travel.” Greg huffed. He was sure he could hear a bit of congestion in his partner’s voice.

“Be that as it may, I am not coming down with a cold,” Mycroft prevaricated. He rubbed at his nose hoping the itchy sensation would leave.

“Mm-hm, how’s the food?”

“Unpalatable.” Mycroft sniffed.

“Was that a sniffle?”

“Gregory, I did not call to play twenty questions about my health,” Mycroft snapped.

“Oh, why did you call then? A little phone sex?” Greg said teasingly.

“Dear Lord, you are incorri-hih-in-hih …hih’tssh, tish, tish… Hih’TSHOO!”

“Bod’zdorov.”1

“Spasiba.”2

“I was right. You’ve got a cold.”

“I am fine. That was simply a little irritation due to… well, whatever. You know I sneeze easily.” Mycroft sounded very annoyed.

Greg sighed and chose not to antagonize his partner any further. “Alright, love.”

Mycroft opted to change the topic. “Tell me that Sherlock is behaving.”

Greg rolled his eyes at the younger man’s imperious tone. “Sherlock is behaving, though maybe not to your standards. It’s been quiet here, so he’s been harassing Molly for body parts. He’s got some experiment going with eyeballs and urine. I don’t get it. John told me at the pub last night he went to make a pot of tea and found a pair of eyes soaking in piss in the teapot.” Greg paused and listened to Mycroft stifle four rapid sneezes. “Pravdu govur’u.3 I don’t know how John puts up with it.” Greg detected a hitched breath. “You done?”

“Ye-heh-Yes. Hehhnnchx.”

“No, you’re not. Go blow your nose.” Greg heard Mycroft put the phone down.

“Heh’ETSCHOO! ETSCH! ETSCH! Heh…heh’TFSCHOO!” Greg winced hearing the desperate sneezes, immediately followed by some rather vigorous nose blowing. He could perfectly visualize his partner’s inflamed nose and peaked complexion.

“Gregory?” Mycroft sounded resigned and subdued.

“I’m here, My.”

“I really miss you.”

“It’s okay, love. I miss you too.”

TBC…

1Be healthy

2Thank you

3I am telling the truth. (Used when the sneezer interrupts the speaker.)

Edited by Seeking Clarity + Wisdom
Must use more emoticons!

OH MY GOSH THIS WAS SO ADORABLE!!!! 

Awww :heart: of course Greg was right, silly Mycroft :P

Someone really ought to tell him about the sick-when-travelling head canon :lol: I'm sure he'd enjoy telling us how utterly nonsensical, illogical and downright stupid it is :lol:

Edited by Juto

Oh poor Mycroft. :(  Always unwell when travelling.  Poor lamb.  He needs a travel caretaker.  Perhaps Greg should be seconded to him when he has to go out of the country? Ok, that's really quite silly, now that I've read what I've written.  But at least he's telling Greg where he's gone off to, instead of keeping quiet like a secret squirrel. :lol: