Sneeze Fetish Forum

What are you playing right now?

riyona_ebooks

I'm currently deep in Skyrim hell. Been playing a few other things lately but they've all been swept aside by the latest obsession.

I'm considering picking up the older Elder Scrolls games (at least Morrowind and Oblivion, anyway) because I find the lore of the games really interesting.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cashew said:

I'm considering picking up the older Elder Scrolls games (at least Morrowind and Oblivion, anyway) because I find the lore of the games really interesting.

I can't vouch for Morrowind (though I've heard it's gold) but Oblivion is definitely very good, content-wise! It's a bit of a jump once you've gotten used to being spoiled by Skyrim's graphics, but it's well worth it for such a good game!

/endthreadjack

Oblivion has more of a magical feel to it (for me anyway) than Skyrim. I spent more time in the Shivering Isles expansion than the rest of the game. Skyrim is fun too, but they're both fun in different ways. I also like Morrowind but the character moves too slowly for my liking.

To me, Oblivion had more meaningful sidequests, whereas the side quests in Skyrim for the most part were fetch quests. But Skyrim has more varied environments than Oblivion, and obviously everything looks better in Skyrim, since it came out 5 years later. Both games are really good though. I've never played Morrowwind, and since it doesn't have fast travel, I'm not sure if I really want to.

Finally working through LoZ Link to the Past. My snes cartridge wouldn't let me delete the save files that were already on there when I got it so I never got to play through it. :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2016 at 9:17 PM, Cashew said:

I'm currently deep in Skyrim hell. Been playing a few other things lately but they've all been swept aside by the latest obsession.

You might be disappointed by Oblivion if you jump to it from Skyrim. The graphics aren't as good, although they aren't terrible. But, more importantly, Oblivion's levelling system is dumb and unintuitive. You really have to work to get the results you want.

39 minutes ago, webmeistro said:

You might be disappointed by Oblivion if you jump to it from Skyrim. The graphics aren't as good, although they aren't terrible. But, more importantly, Oblivion's levelling system is dumb and unintuitive. You really have to work to get the results you want.

Funny you should mention that, I picked up Oblivion immediately after I'd finished Skyrim and i actually really enjoyed it! (It definitely helped that my SO had played it before and gave me some pointers on leveling. I'd probably have been a bit screwed otherwise.) I feel like Skyrim did better with the relative freedom of choosing which skills to use and level up, but overall I actually preferred Oblivion, perhaps because the writing and the quests are a lot better quality IMO.

(Also character overhaul mods. I think the environments in Oblivion have aged relatively well, but the character graphics.... yikes.)

On 3/28/2016 at 10:34 PM, Bondi said:

To me, Oblivion had more meaningful sidequests, whereas the side quests in Skyrim for the most part were fetch quests. But Skyrim has more varied environments than Oblivion, and obviously everything looks better in Skyrim, since it came out 5 years later. Both games are really good though. I've never played Morrowwind, and since it doesn't have fast travel, I'm not sure if I really want to.

On 3/28/2016 at 6:08 PM, AnonyMeows said:

Oblivion has more of a magical feel to it (for me anyway) than Skyrim. I spent more time in the Shivering Isles expansion than the rest of the game. Skyrim is fun too, but they're both fun in different ways. I also like Morrowind but the character moves too slowly for my liking.

On 3/28/2016 at 5:49 PM, SpamKey said:

I can't vouch for Morrowind (though I've heard it's gold) but Oblivion is definitely very good, content-wise! It's a bit of a jump once you've gotten used to being spoiled by Skyrim's graphics, but it's well worth it for such a good game!

/endthreadjack

Having just finished Oblivion, I totally agree. I'm going to give Morrowind a try (and probably mod the crap out of it) because I'm so invested in TES and its whole mythology at this point, but the character movement speed and lack of fast travel does look like something of a setback.

(okay I should probably stop before I derail this thread haha whoops :lol:)

Slime Rancher and Stardew Valley are my faves rn. I'm so lame. I named my farm "Peepo Farm" in Stardew Valley. Both cute farm games, 10/10 Ellie's would recommend. 

I haven't played very much of Morrowind but I can say Skyrim is definitely more accessible but at the same time it feels less immersive and more simplistic, so I wish they had kept some of the things like they were in Morrowind. But there's something about the world that keeps me coming back to the game from time to time and mods are another big reason why I still play Skyrim. Some kind of combat overhaul is a must for me (because the combat in the original sucks :)). Also right now I'm traveling with this cat-guy called Inigo, who is pretty cool.

Also I'm playing Dark Souls 3 (finally!!). Seems really proimising so far after DS2 which was a little bit disappointing (but still good).

Deep in Project Mirai DX hell as I just befriended Miku and got her pajamas.

• 1 month later...

Finally playing the first chapter of Higurashi Onikakushi!!

9 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Finally playing the first chapter of Higurashi Onikakushi!!

Yess!!! I love Higurashi!!! Did you get officially and have to pay for it? I would love to play either Higurashi or Umineko but I don't have the money for the PC visual novels. :(

I'm playing:

Wii U:

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Fatal Frame 5) 

(My system also came with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land, but I haven't started those yet.))

3DS:

Nintendo Badge Arcade

Pokemon Picross

Pokemon Rumble World

Pokemon Shuffle

Hello Kitty's Magic Apron

Pocket Card Jockey

Let's Create! Pottery

Apollo Justice Ace Attorney (#4 in Ace Attorney series)

Tablet:

Disney Tsum Tsum

Neko Atsume

Notice me Senpai!

Care Bears: Belly Match

Alice: Love & Labyrinth (There's another one called "Alice: Love & Murder" or something, and I'm not sure which one was which. On top of that, the wrapping text and poor translation [spelling and grammar mistakes] is annoying, but the scenes are beautiful and the story is interesting. It must've been better in the original Japanese.))

Burn Your Fat With Me For Girls! (BYFWMFG!)

((I think I'm drowning in games. LOL))

@Cutelittlenose I was gifted it on Steam. I love the first anime so looking forward to see how the VN is same/different 

5 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

@Cutelittlenose I was gifted it on Steam. I love the first anime so looking forward to see how the VN is same/different 

((Oh, cool. Wish I could be gifted it, but I don't think I know anone on Steam. Besides, I have some free visual novels from there that I haven't touched in like half a year.)) ((P.S. The first Anime? There's a second season and a string of OVAs. Plus, there's the Umineko as well. I would love to play the visual novel.))

((I played Nintendo Land on the Wii U for the first time today. It was rather fun.))

11 minutes ago, Cutelittlenose said:

((P.S. The first Anime? There's a second season and a string of OVAs. Plus, there's the Umineko as well. I would love to play the visual novel.))

Yeah I know Ive seen them but the first season was the best. I've seen Umineko too but never played it.

11 minutes ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Yeah I know Ive seen them but the first season was the best. I've seen Umineko too but never played it.

((I know!! There's was such much mystery and horror and despair in the first season that put you on the edge of your seat. It was awesome.))

I am playing Ark:Survival Evolved actually literally right now.  I am passive taming a critter, and in the meantime trying to kill time in a way that does not cause me to forget to press a button at the right time. :laugh: 

• 2 weeks later...

Minecraft, lol.  I can't help it.  It's just so...pixely.

Also very relaxing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am head-over-heels obsessed with Overwatch (console) right now. I don't usually like FPS games or online multiplayer games, but this was so colourful and well-marketed that I decided to give it a try. Now I'm absolutely hooked. I play mostly Mercy (healer), but happily switch to Tracer (assault) or Reinhardt (tank) when the situation calls for it.

Speaking of FPS's, I'm also sort of playing Postal 2 on the PC, to practice shooting with a mouse. The least politically-correct game ever, but an absolute blast to play, and runs like a dream, even on a low-spec machine like mine.

I'm mostly playing the same things, but I made some progress and added some more games. LOL Help. I can't finish all the games on my backlog. New content will be in bold.

I'm playing:

Wii U:

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Fatal Frame 5)  (nearly complete)

Super Mario 3D World (Just beat Bowser and unlocked a special character in World Star)

Nintendo Land

Zombii U Demo (I can't beat it. I'm disabled. It takes two control sticks to move and look around with the camera. A problem in the Zombie Apocalypse.)

3DS:

Nintendo Badge Arcade

Pokemon Picross

Pokemon Rumble World

Pokemon Shuffle

Hello Kitty's Magic Apron (Almost done!!!))

Pocket Card Jockey

Let's Create! Pottery

Apollo Justice Ace Attorney (#4 in Ace Attorney series)

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

Tablet:

Disney Tsum Tsum

Neko Atsume

Notice me Senpai!

Yo-Kai Watch: Wibble Wobble (So much fun, I'm near level 160 in Excellent Tower. I just have a hard time getting money.))

Care Bears: Belly Match

Alice: Love & Labyrinth (There's another one called "Alice: Love & Murder". which is the sequel. On top of that, the wrapping text and poor translation [spelling and grammar mistakes] is annoying, but the scenes are beautiful and the story is interesting. It must've been better in the original Japanese.))

Burn Your Fat With Me For Girls! (BYFWMFG!)

((I think I'm drowning in games. LOL))

Total games beaten: 2

It probably doesn't count, but I beat some game demos too:

Rhythm Heaven Megan Mix Demo (3DS)

Pokken Tournament Demo (Wii U)

Pikmin 3 Demo (Wii U)

I also did the free trial (24 hours) on the download version of Wii Sports Club and liked it enough that I might just buy the physical (packaged) version. You'll save money just buying the retail version.

Yes, I still play a lot of Binding of Isaac Afterbirth, even though I unlocked 1001% achievement months ago and I did most of it legitimately, legitimately meaning only using elements within the unmodifiied game that were intended to be there. I did use a mod to fill up the greed machine, because the way that's set up is just bullshit. And Lost vs MegaSatan is so RNG-dependent (meaning pretty much luck-based) that I didn't feel like dealing with it unmodded. But everything else I did without mods. :bleh:

I'm also playing Zelda Ocarina of Time. For the first time ever, going into it blind. I'm playing the 3DS port. Camera angles are a pain in the ass, but those types of games back then had shitty cameras, so I can't bitch about that too much and I haven't died to it yet, so I'm sure it's not the worst example. I got up to Dodongo and then ran out of time on my lunch break, but will probably play some over the weekend to see if I can get farther. The enemies up to this point have been pretty easy. Figuring out where to go and what I'm supposed to do has not. Online walkthroughs and the 3DS vision feature have been utilized. :blushing: Overall, I do like the game. :)

Archived