Sneeze Fetish Forum

Describe a fandom you're not a part of

Sophie<3

I realized that I've seen so many things from other fandoms on the internet, that, without ever watching the show/reading the book/etc. I've formed some opinion of most of them. So I thought it'd be fun if we could all share what we know and think about out-fandoms (meaning the ones you're not in... akin to in-groups and out-groups in social psychology :P )

Dr. Who: Man, you people are everywhere!! I've seen one episode years ago, and still I know that:

- the doctor is the last of the timelords, whose planet was destroyed in a war with the... daleks?

- he lives in the TARDIS (which is bigger on the inside) and has his timey-wimey detector which... um... goes ding when there's stuff...?

- he loves this blonde named Rose (but somehow never told her that and left her on a beach or something?)

- he can regenerate and travels with different companions (one's named Donna. The others I don't know.)

- he writes in Circular Gallifreyan or something like that?!

- he's called "The Doctor" and NOT "Dr. Who" (You are very particular about this...)

So yes, how did you teach me all that JUST over the internet, without being into the show? :laugh:

Stephen Universe: Ummm... I don't really know. There are gems and diamonds...? But they are also people?! And what even is this kid Stephen doing? What does he have to do with it? There is one character named Peridot and one named Garnet, right?

No idea what the plot would be. But it seems fun, though. Like, you guys seem really into it.

Percy Jackson: You are a devoted bunch. To some of you, Percy Jackson is like Harry Potter to most of us.

You hate the movie to the point where you collectively deny it's existence. :lmfao: Mostly on the basis that a) Annabeth was supposed to be blonde, b ) they were supposed to be 12, not 16 and c) they got a lot of the greek mythology wrong.

You all seem to ship Percabeth (which is sort of a ridiculous ship name, but that's okay! :laugh: )

My Little Pony: I... I just... I have absolutely no idea what is even going on with you.

Maybe some people from these fandoms can provide some answers? :laugh: Otherwise, leave your knowledge and opinions about your personal out-fandoms below! ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've got one... I watched the first few seasons of Supernatural and I liked it but I never got caught up, not sure if I will soon or ever. So I know it's two brothers who kill monsters and have daddy and mommy issues and Dean always did what dad wanted while Sam never really cared for the business and went off to do his own thing.

From what I understand, now some angel has fallen from the sky and thousands of people on the Internet want him to bang Dean and Sam has longer hair now and doesn't look like a little boy anymore. And they break the fourth wall and acknowledge their fanbase and maybe even fanfiction but maybe that was just something I saw on tumblr?

Oooooh this looks like fun~!!

Also, Anony, your description of SPN is actually pretty accurate tbf :lol:

Okay, my one is Teen Wolf. I have never watched it because everyone is drooling over the characters and I think I'm a little old to be drooling over teens now (pretty sure the characters aren't even teens but it put me off). Apparently the fandom is dominated by these 2 dudes who aren't even the protagonists and the whole fandom wants them to bone. I can't say anything about ABO fics due to me being in the SPN fandom but like, you cannot go on AO3 and see any fics for this fandom that ISN'T ABO. It's actually pretty horrifying :lol:

As for the show itself, all I know is that it's about werewolves and one dude isn't a werewolf but wants to be and all the werewolves ARE werewolves and don't want to be. It doesn't sound like a terrible show, but... nah.

Lord of the Rings is another one. Never seen/read it and don't have much desire to but I'd never rule it out but it's not high on my agenda tbh. All I know is it's about hobbits and elves and all manner of mythical beings.

Star Wars. Man, I have never seen a fandom be resurrected quite so spectacularly :lol: I have never seen any Star Wars films and I don't really want to tbh. From what I know about the storyline, a guy meets a girl, tries to bonk her, finds out she's his sister, saves the universe. I'm probably way off but that's the gist that I got :rofl:

Dr. Who: Man, you people are everywhere!! I've seen one episode years ago, and still I know that:
- the doctor is the last of the timelords, whose planet was destroyed in a war with the... daleks?
- he lives in the TARDIS (which is bigger on the inside) and has his timey-wimey detector which... um... goes ding when there's stuff...?
- he loves this blonde named Rose (but somehow never told her that and left her on a beach or something?)
- he can regenerate and travels with different companions (one's named Donna. The others I don't know.)
- he writes in Circular Gallifreyan or something like that?!
- he's called "The Doctor" and NOT "Dr. Who" (You are very particular about this...)

So yes, how did you teach me all that JUST over the internet, without being into the show?

Sophie, I love this summary of Doctor Who by a non Doctor Who fan. I read it and smiled at every single line! Thank you for posting the above, it's awesome!

This is a great idea for a thread! Unfortunately, I don't think I can add too much. I guess Supernatural is the one that I SHOULD know a lot more about, but all I seem to have picked up from thousands of posts (that I guess I haven't absorbed at all) is that the show includes 2 guys called Sam and Dean who 99.9%*** of the human race appear to love more than anything on the planet!

*** the quoted statistic is based on an unofficial survey of a niche forum in a tiny corner of the internet :awesum:

One day, I might give it a try!

:joal:

This is such a good thread! You guys are hilarious. I will try my hand at a few!!

Star Trek:

- blonde man (Kirk???) is captain of the ship

- I think it floats through space, but I don't know if they ever land anywhere

- Spock is an alien (is he?) but looks like a human person, his planet has like a different language or something, maybe other different things too

- tribbles are in this one? or is that Star Wars? is this the one with Gollum or is that something else?

- maybe I shouldn't have picked this fandom to describe

- people want Kirk and Spock to do it, or they think they love each other or something, and this is like, totally historical, weren't there fan magazines with slash fanfiction circulating via snail mail a few decades ago

Star Wars:

- I will do the new Star Wars movie because that's the one I'm hearing about all the time these days

- I don't know the name of it I just know it's the new Star Wars movie

- Kylo Ren (NOT his real name) (AKA Adam from Girls) is a bad guy

- a certain section of the fandom thinks he is so sexy and hot! they love him and want to take care of him/think he is misunderstood and I think it's kind of like what happened with Loki in Avengers (I think I saw Avengers but I don't remember it so I can't verify sorry)

- the other people think Kylo Ren is NOT hot AT ALL!!

- there is a girl (shoot. shoot what's her name? Ren? REY is her name) and she's very powerful and skilled, and known for being powerful and skilled also. when someone (was it KR??) met her, he said something like, "so you're the girl I've heard so much about" and didn't make it out to be like, she's powerful despite being a girl, or something,

- some people are pist that one of the mains is Black, the rest are thrilled!! (its good. but I havent seen any of these movies)

Sherlock

- people LOVE to make fun of Benedict Cumberbatch's name, they think it's soooo freaking funny!! they love this! especially people who aren't in the fandom!!

- big ship is the two main boys

- Sherlock doesn't have big social skills but does have big clever skills, John is very soft, people want them to do it!!!!! (with each other)

- John got married (Mary??) but everyone says he loves Sherlock still

- Sherlock is NOT AN ALIEN. THAT'S DR. WHO!!! dont get these mixed up people! I'm glad someone corrected me on this recently.

- oh isn't there a bad guy here too? Mycroft? no that's can't be it/ Mistrade? f*ck dude I don't know I can't remember. it has an M. some people want HIM to get with Sherlock I think

- people looooove domestic stuff with Sherlock and John but I think these fandoms love domestic stuff in general don't they?

- I think one season is only like a few hours long (isn't the whole series less than 20 hours or something?) and new episodes are rare. that sucks guys but everyone has fun with them on the internet in the meantime!!!

I know next to nothing about Star Trek, so I hope it's okay that I take a stab at that one, too. And Game of Thrones, since pretty much all I know about it is what I've seen in memes.

Star Trek- There's a bunch of humans and aliens in a spaceship, although I don't really know why, except the premise of the show is "to go where no man has ever gone before", so I can only assume they are going exploring to discover new areas of the universe. I could be wrong. Maybe the aliens are showing the humans around? I'm probably waaay off base here. Anyway, One of the aliens is Mr. Spock, and I always want to call him Dr. Spock, but it's Mr. Spock, or just Spock, and he looks like a human except he has pointy ears. He does this V thing with his hand. There's also a bald guy and William Shatner. There's probably a guy named Scotty, because somebody says "Beam me up, Scotty". There are a lot of various spin-offs, and one of them is "Star Trek: The Next Generation", and I know this because I would always see commercials for it when I was watching cartoons as a kid. In one episode, Wiliam Shatner throws a big rock at a lizard.

Game of Thrones - This is set in something like medieval times, and there is a complicated plot line, and there are different groups of people who fight each other. Apparently lots of cast members die. There is incest, a cute guy who wears very furry coats, and a lot of snow. I honestly can't think of anything else.

Guys, all of these were amazing, thanks so much! But Sen!! :rofl: This was absolutely brilliant! :lmfao:

Sherlock

- people LOVE to make fun of Benedict Cumberbatch's name, they think it's soooo freaking funny!! they love this! especially people who aren't in the fandom!!

- big ship is the two main boys

- Sherlock doesn't have big social skills but does have big clever skills, John is very soft, people want them to do it!!!!! (with each other)

- John got married (Mary??) but everyone says he loves Sherlock still

- Sherlock is NOT AN ALIEN. THAT'S DR. WHO!!! dont get these mixed up people! I'm glad someone corrected me on this recently.

- oh isn't there a bad guy here too? Mycroft? no that's can't be it/ Mistrade? f*ck dude I don't know I can't remember. it has an M. some people want HIM to get with Sherlock I think

- people looooove domestic stuff with Sherlock and John but I think these fandoms love domestic stuff in general don't they?

- I think one season is only like a few hours long (isn't the whole series less than 20 hours or something?) and new episodes are rare. that sucks guys but everyone has fun with them on the internet in the meantime!!!

The bad guy is called Moriarty! Mycroft is Sherlock's brother and Mystrade (not Mistrade) is a ship name and not a character! This is the quality content I opened this thread for! Thanks a mil! :laugh:

Alright, here we go:

Hetalia:

-Starting at the most basic - I think it's a TV series but maybe it's also a manga? Maybe?

-I think all the characters are named after countries but, maybe not? Because there's also an Alfred or Arthur or...something. I dunno.

-The main characters are all from either the World War II Axis or Allies.

-For some reason, there is both a Germany and a Prussia? Or are they the same person.

-I think there's a character who is also an angel, or something.

-There seem to be about 10 billion different ships for this fandom but the ones I see the most are USUK, Gerita (Germany/Italy?), Itapan (Italy/Japan?) and DenNor (Denmark/Norway?)

Alright, this one might sound a bit weird but I genuinely have managed to go all this time without learning anything about them...

One Direction:

-Okay, the only think I knew about them beforehand was that they're a band, they're based in the UK and I think one of them is named Harry?

-I have since learned that one of them is named Louis? And I can't remember the names of the others.

-It seems like them sneezing constantly is actually canon (so, congrats to all of you guys!)

-I think they're all English? (Please don't hate me if I'm wrong!)

-According to the fangirls, they all seem to be sleeping with each other.....

-I know one of them quit. Maybe? Or was that another boy band?

-The only ship name I know for them is Larry and the only reason I know that is because I'm assuming one of the ship members is Harry and the other is Louis and those are the only 2 names I know.

-I know that the ship wars in this fandom are CRAZY!!!!!!!!

So there's mine...

From what I understand, now some angel has fallen from the sky and thousands of people on the Internet want him to bang Dean and Sam has longer hair now and doesn't look like a little boy anymore. And they break the fourth wall and acknowledge their fanbase and maybe even fanfiction but maybe that was just something I saw on tumblr?

As someone who also has never seen SPN I don't think I could have summed it up better aside from also including Mark Sheppard as another bad ass in a sci-fi TV show.

Adventure Time

Boy and his weird dog thing go on weiiiiird adventures, sing about bacon pancakes and I think the dog married amother weird thing. There's also a weird ice King. I really believe the writers trip acid on this show.

Steven Universe

No fraking clue what it's about but damn there's a lot of fanfict here about it XD

Merlin

Apparently the entire fandom implode after the finale since their ship did not sail. Plus Merlin was a guest star on Doctor Who.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a good idea. :lol:

Undertale worlds

OK, so I completely get why everyone love UNDERTALE. It's cool. But there's a version where they're all cats...?

Or where they're all glitching?

Or a punk version?

And an evil version...?

Please someone help XD

Steven Universe

So as I understand it, there's a guy named Steven, with some people from another planet? Named after gems. And there's some sort of cluster, and some of them protect earth while others want to take over. 

And I saw something that said Peridoritoes... 

And is Destiny, the game, a fandom? Because HECK I could go on forever XD

• 2 weeks later...

undertale. okay. 

so, there's this kid, right? and I guess they get trapped in like hell or something? and he befriends this llama furry who's hella chill. but then there's another hell under that hell. and I guess the kid wants to go to hell .2 and there are these two gay skeletons and they're also chill so they help the kid um uh get out of hell because he decides he wants to go to earth. and there are two endings. ending A everything's alive yay yeah happy ending llama furry's still chill and the skeletons yeah. or ending B oh no we're all dead the kid killed us oops. 

also the kid is an orphan and there's an evil flower. 

• 1 month later...

Have to revive this thread, because...

Dear Undertale fandom,

what are you? Like, I'm not judging at all here, in fact, you seem pretty awesome, but ????

From what I've seen so far (watching Dan & Phil play the game on their channel) it's just this really old-fashioned game where you walk around and, like, click on stuff?
And everything's all pixel-y? And the characters don't even have a voice or anything, you just read out their text and that's it, right? So how do they even feel like characters to you?

As for actual facts and description: some kid walks around in the... underworld, I guess. Meets these two guys called Sans and Papyrus. One of them loves puns (Sans?)
Somehow, somewhere there's a dog involved. Though I have no idea where. And yes, that's about all I know, I think. :lol: 

Also, Undertale fandom, congrats on your 6676 fics on Ao3, you crazy nerds! :P 

On ‎26‎.‎02‎.‎2016 at 11:58 PM, blue said:

undertale. okay. 

so, there's this kid, right? and I guess they get trapped in like hell or something? and he befriends this llama furry who's hella chill. but then there's another hell under that hell. and I guess the kid wants to go to hell .2 and there are these two gay skeletons and they're also chill so they help the kid um uh get out of hell because he decides he wants to go to earth. and there are two endings. ending A everything's alive yay yeah happy ending llama furry's still chill and the skeletons yeah. or ending B oh no we're all dead the kid killed us oops. 

also the kid is an orphan and there's an evil flower. 

I wrote my text first, then read yours, blue. You seem a lot more knowledgable than me! :laugh: 

Breaking Bad

The dad from Malcolm in the Middle is diagnosed with cancer, and, so, clearly, his only option is to become a meth dealer. This is the most reasonable option available to him: to become a meth dealer. But don't worry-- he's a chemistry teacher, so he's the best around at cooking meth. He teams up with a young dude, who I want to call Joey or Jeffrey, but I think that's... not correct. Some dramatic shit happens, and there he is in his underinos, and a lot of people are so excited that they wear shirts with various incarnations of his face on them, and maybe I'll watch this show, eventually, because everyone says it's great.

Supernatural

Basically the X-Files, but with less aliens, more mythology, and instead of Mulder and Scully, some heterosexual brothers. Everyone really, really, really wants a minimum of one of the brothers to bang the trenchcoat angel, but I bet they never do. They have a black car. There are 900 seasons and I think they hang out with Satan or at least a buddy of Satan's.

Homestuck

A lot of characters have horns with analogous color schemes.

Ohhh fun times!

Supernatural - Two brothers, one is like, part moose or moose related I think? Dean is snarky af. Or angry af? One both??? There's an angel and he's bi I think and he and Dean are a thing maybe? There's also some dude named Bobby and.. guns? My friends in the fandom are always like "GET THE IMPALA AND SALT" So... cool cars and demons galore??!? I mean there are angels apparently so, makes enough sense.

Homestuck - There are.. are they memes? One has funky 3D eyes. I like that one. AND THE HORNS. I honestly am at a loss when it comes to anything else regarding it. Go me!

Arrow - He's.. an archer super hero (no idea why), got that much. But then the flash is there too, and I honestly just.. I'm MARVEL trash (kind of; still learning) but I do like Supergirl. Oh and the blonde girl is really cute and she and archer guy are a thing but won't ADMIT they're a thing because they're more of a ... business professional thing type team? Also there seem to be a LOT. Like, a TON of heroes/villains but also some normal people thrown in that are super important but how do you remember so many people or am I just seeing the wrong screenshots..

Game of  Thrones - Cool moonlight haired dragon for a pet slash bad ass princess or queen(?), there's a guy who looks like a god/bear with a funky beard.. Um, lots of winter. Lots of poverty? Yep, that's about it for my memory.

Sherlock - Sherlock and John are like, essentially a married couple and there's a guy named Moriarty who I think always messes stuff up all the time, 'cause villain type guy or maybe not villain type guy? Only slight villain? .-. Also John is probably always worried about Sherlock because I just imagine that's the kind of relationship they have. Also lots of lighthearted snark. 

On 4/4/2016 at 4:08 PM, Sophie<3 said:

I wrote my text first, then read yours, blue. You seem a lot more knowledgable than me! :laugh: 

haha. awh, thanks, I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've heard a lot online is all. 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:28 AM, Grey on a Sunday said:

Supernatural - Two brothers, one is like, part moose or moose related I think?

I'm sorry for butting in here, but this just totally made my day. I laughed until I cried. This is the best topic ever.

• 2 weeks later...

The Walking Dead

I watched the first three and a half seasons and I stopped following it. For some reason, it just never really gripped me. I never really cared for any of the characters on the show and I felt the show dragged a lot. Because of this, I felt like a lot of the major plot twists/emotional moments weren't very effective.

The Big Bang Theory

It seems like all of my family and all of my friends absolutely love this show and I just do not care for it all that much. I marathoned some of it with my apartment roommates, and while it had a few funny moments, most of it seemed kind of boring and not very funny. I feel like I should like this show a lot more since I am an introverted and socially awkward engineering student/science nerd, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Star Wars/Lord of the Rings

I have yet to see any Star Wars or Lord of the Rings movies and I know nothing about them. I plan on watching them someday, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

This might be entertaining as I prefer not to be in any fandoms to be a fan of something because fandoms are kind of terrible to be associated with most of the time.

Any fandom ever: "THIS IS MY OTP AND IF U DON'T LIKE IT GET DA HELL OUTTA HERE!"

More specific? Oh, fine.

Steven Universe: A bunch of humanoid [lesbian?] gems dance and make forms and there's one kid who's part gem but he can fuse with a human? And people in the fandom think the colours are pretty and not painful at all and they talk about feelings. Ship wars commence.

The Lorax: ONCE LER ONCE LER ONCE LER ONCE LER ONCE LER. Ship wars commence.

One Punch Man: "There's this guy and he's bald and I can't really explain why but that show's hilarious you should watch it". Ship wars... DON'T commence, that I've seen.

Undertale: Greatest thing since sliced bread. 100/10 would meme again. Hilarious, never played anything like it - never heard of OFF. Influx of skeleton OCs who look suspiciously similar to Sans. Ship wars commence. Anyone who hasn't played the game is uncultured and the devil and should just die because it's the greatest thing ever.

Creepypasta: Jeff the Killer's actually a majour friggin' hottie. Slender-man. I love Jeff the Killer and he's just misunderstood and sexy. Haunted video game cartridges. Ship wars commence.

Dark Souls: THIS GAME IS JESUS. If you don't like it then you're just a bad gamer, lol

That's all I can think of at the moment aside from SuperWhoLock which I just don't even wanna get into.

SPN fandom: It's like the secret love child of the Ann Rice fandom and Buffy fandom.  I think zombies also maybe.  And dying a lot.  And floppy-hair.  And demons and angels.  And loads of 'shipping brothers - which is odd to me... but.. whatever.  Oh and there are 2 main guys (Sam and Dean) and then this other dude Cass and fans pick which one they flail over the most. ;) 

Creepypasta - it is about how a reeeeeeally skinny dude slinks into places and kills people.  It makes the news when teens with lots and lots of issues end of killing people because that dude told them to.  ((Yeah... I know *lots* about it :bag: ... BUT the directions were about ones that you **don't** know... so.... :bleh:

Icarus already did the MOST BRILLIANT one for Breaking Bad (which I haven't seen)

Game of Thrones: Loads of sex and violence.  The Red Wedding wasn't a festive Christmas color. :P  The little dude is a whiny brat but evidently has lots of tweens and young teens being like, "OMG!!! LAJDLFJJF!!!"  ALL THE MEMES ABOUT WINTER (Oh- and/or Pumpkin flavoured things)!!!!! :glare: Also, those memes have some dude in them who looks like Boromir from LotR.  Oh.... and I **think** that maybe the   gorgeous chick who was in "The Tudors", but most recently in the last two "Hunger Games" movies is also in this... but not sure.

Merlin

Merlin and Arthur are in love but there was a thing where the killed off one of the lesbians (???) so Arthur had to marry a girl??? And also he might have died???? And Merlin is really cute too. Pretty sure he was in that episode of Doctor Who where he was an annoying teenager.

Star Wars:

Good vs evil. A guy who is so badass his ship is literally the size of the sun, but the breathing apparatus in his helmet can't be fixed for some reason. His son wouldn't join the family business and almost accidentally dated his sister, or maybe that was the other goody-two-shoes. Harrison Ford knows the donut-haired bikini model loves him. Somewhere Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor show up, who make an objectively unshippable pair, but the internet is weird and also rule 34. People use fluorescent bars to fight. The colour matters, or maybe it doesn't. There is a lizard thing that EVERYBODY HATES WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS and there is a giant toad-mouthed slug thing called Jabba the Hut. Yoda is the wisest one of them all, but he isn't the one who calls everyone grasshoppa. Oh yeah, and it all takes place in space.

How am I doing so far?

Hamilton - Musical about I'm assuming Hamilton, seems everyone and their mother is either seeing it, listening to it and talking about it and I'm all like :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

I'll do Game of Thrones. :P

So there's these people in a forest and they kill each other very, very brutally. They're all British. Peter Dinklage. Someone named John Snow is lost..? But found? Dragons everywhere. Snow. There's a princess with long whitish hair. But mostly everyone is obsessed with John Snow. 

Imma do Game of Thrones, as well, because the only thing I know is the theme song. 

BA BA BABA BA BA BABA BA BA

- so like castles right

- winter's coming, should we clean the house?

- John Snow is a character and I think he's played by an old guy

- prob not but I know there is an old guy

- DUDE is John Snow the guy who said winter is coming cus SNOW? (geddit?)

- there's like wars and dragons and knights and clans and much blood

- OH OH this character Greyworm was on game grumps and sucks at Mario Kart and maybe raps??

Steven Universe

- is his last name actually Universe? 

- texted my brother, can confirm that is his last name (and his dad's name is Greg)

- I also asked my brother about the plot, get this

"A young boy with special powers is raised by aliens in the absence of his alien mother

Hijenks ensue

And then it gets really sad"

- I'm about to watch the first episode wish me luck

someone should do a youtuber's fandom :lol1: lol

Archived