Sneeze Fetish Forum

100 Drabbles 100 Words

Evilduckling108

Allergic – Desperation - Cat - Summer - Itch - Light - Hands - Fever - Finally Alone - Worried - Broody - Loud - Grass - Genetics - Control - Dinner for Three -Doctor  Dust - Feather - Anticipation - Bed - Drugs - First Time - Headache - Handkerchief - Dog - Garden - Hoarse - Kink - Scent - Hold Back - Double - Harsh - Smoke - Making Dinner - Impatience - Incense - Horses – Pillow - Suffer - Nervous - Stare - Contagious - Relief - Temperature - Terrible - Wool - Tissues - Tease - Quarrel - Lonely - Snuggle - Asleep - Waiting - Frost - Rest - Flu - Phone Call - Apologize - Sore - Accent - Fur - Haze - Spices - Under the Weather - Stifle - Frustrated - Caught in the Act - Attack - Listless - Pressure - Muffled - Annoy - Humiliated - Disproportionate - Bath - Spring - Message - Headcold - Clinic - Confess - Tears - Dream - Polite - Sniff - Shower - Induce - Jealousy - Pills - Interrupt - Chill - Office - Remedy - Weird - Soft - Purr  Honey - Defeat - Smother – Gratitude

Prompt: scent
Fandom: Agent Carter (Dottie Underwood)

Peggy Carter had a scent.

It was light but strong, sandalwood with a hint of something floral that made Dottie’s nose itch when she sprayed a single pump of the perfume that had been sitting on Peggy’s bureau. Dottie immediately set the bottle down and cupped one hand around her nose as she pitched forward with a trio of tickly sneezes.

Heh-chiu! HUHchieu! Hitch-EU!

Dottie scowled as she wiped the allergic tears from her eyes before making sure that everything was exactly the way Peggy had left it and slipping out of the apartment as quietly as she had entered.

Prompt: control

Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe (Natasha Romanoff)

Natasha pinched her nose hard between her thumb and forefinger a half second before she bobbed forward with a near-silent sneeze.

“Knock that off,” Clint said from his perch on the other arm of the couch. “Your eyes are gonna pop out of your head or something.”

“I highly doubt that,” Natasha said.

“Doesn’t matter. It’s freaking me out. Just sneeze like a normal person. It’s okay to not be in control sometimes.”

Natasha glared at him, but when the tickle in her nose flared up again, she just cupped her hands around her nose to muffle a strong huhcheu!

Prompt: chill

Natasha was definitely not sick. She didn’t get sick. It wasn’t so much an assertion at this point as it was a fact about the world like the law of gravity. It just didn’t happen.

So Clint didn’t even ask when Natasha showed up at his door, eyes watering and nose red. He didn’t comment when she curled up on his couch, wrapped in one of his old sweatshirts that she claimed help ward off the seasonal chill. And he definitely didn’t comment when she snapped forward with a muffled HUH-eschu!

Natasha didn’t get sick, except for when she did.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg I love the Dottie one because 1. Dottie and 2. I wrote a drabble wrh a very similar plot, with Dottie sleuthing around Peggy's apartment and spraying her perfume. Great minds think alike. ;D

NATASHA I am in heaven with the recent abundance of Natasha obs. And Clintasha is even better! I love that she goes with it and lets the second sneeze out more freely. Their relationship is perfection.

I love that the source of the sneeze was not specified either, and then we get a cold sneeze in the next one. And of course the perfume/allergy sneezes in the first. It's like a sampler pack. Again with Natasha being adorable and stealing clothing. 

On 7/11/2016 at 7:56 PM, AnonyMeows said:

Omg I love the Dottie one because 1. Dottie and 2. I wrote a drabble wrh a very similar plot, with Dottie sleuthing around Peggy's apartment and spraying her perfume. Great minds think alike. ;D

NATASHA I am in heaven with the recent abundance of Natasha obs. And Clintasha is even better! I love that she goes with it and lets the second sneeze out more freely. Their relationship is perfection.

I love that the source of the sneeze was not specified either, and then we get a cold sneeze in the next one. And of course the perfume/allergy sneezes in the first. It's like a sampler pack. Again with Natasha being adorable and stealing clothing. 

Okay so I just found and read the Dottie one and wow okay, those are really close and I can vaguely remember reading it a while back so yeah, you kind of really inspired me on that one. I've just really been loving Natasha lately and Clintasha is kind of like my default ship for her, so yeah, it's just kind of happening lol.

*throws handful of drabbles* I'm officially at the halfway point! That's 50 down and 50 more to go! I'm still hoping to get this all finished by the end of the summer, so here, enjoy like 6 new drabbles featuring an overabundance of Agent Carter because I started rewatching season 1 and I'm right back in the thick of it again oops.

Allergic – Desperation - Cat - Summer - Itch - Light - Hands - Fever - Finally Alone - Worried - Broody - Loud - Grass - Genetics - Control - Dinner for Three -Doctor  Dust - Feather - Anticipation - Bed - Drugs - First Time - Headache - Handkerchief - Dog - Garden - Hoarse - Kink - Scent - Hold Back - Double - Harsh - Smoke - Making Dinner - Impatience - Incense - Horses – Pillow - Suffer - Nervous - Stare - Contagious - Relief - Temperature - Terrible - Wool - Tissues - Tease - Quarrel - Lonely - Snuggle - Asleep - Waiting - Frost - Rest - Flu - Phone Call - Apologize - Sore - Accent - Fur - Haze - Spices - Under the Weather - Stifle - Frustrated - Caught in the Act - Attack - Listless - Pressure - Muffled - Annoy - Humiliated - Disproportionate - Bath - Spring - Message - Headcold - Clinic - Confess - Tears - Dream - Polite - Sniff - Shower - Induce - Jealousy - Pills - Interrupt - Chill - Office - Remedy - Weird - Soft - Purr  Honey - Defeat - Smother – Gratitude

Prompt: muffled
Fandom: Agent Carter (Peggy Carter)

“Oh, Peggy, you don’t look too good.”

There was a nasty cold making its way through the Griffith Hotel and the second Dottie heard the muffled cough behind her, she knew who its newest victim was. Sure enough, she spun around to see Peggy coming out of her room with a handkerchief in her hand and a distinctly fevered flush on her cheeks.

Peggy tried to wave off the concern, but it was ruined when she suddenly clapped the handkerchief over her nose.

Huh-nxgt!

“You know, you should really get some rest. Wouldn’t want to spread that cold any further.”

Prompt: harsh
Fandom: Agent Carter (Dottie Underwood)

Dottie was not happy.

For most of last night, she had listened to Peggy cough, sneeze, and generally grumble through Angie’s caretaking efforts on the other side of the wall and she had perhaps taken a little bit of pleasure in her target feeling so miserable.

That was until she woke up the following morning with an infuriating tickle in her sinuses. Damn that Peggy Carter. She pinched her nose hard between her thumb and forefinger to stifle a pair of harsh sneezes into hear-silence.

Tchxt! Hinxgt!

No, Dottie was not happy, but she was more than capable of waiting.

Prompt: itch

“Since when do you wear cologne?”

Clint leaned against the doorway and crossed his arms. “How long have you been wearing my sweatshirt?”

“I asked you first,” Natasha said.

Clint sighed. “It was a present and I decided to try it out. Why?”

“It makes my nose itch,” she said bluntly before sneezing once into her elbow. Huh-tchuh!

“Gesundheit,” Clint said. “And you know I can wash that to get the scent out if you want to keep wearing it.”

“No,” Natasha said quickly. “It smells nice.”

“Nat, if you’re allergic—“

“It smells like you.”

Clint had no response.

Prompt: broody

“Oh come on, Pegs, don’t be so broody about it. It’s just for one night. I’ve got a really big audition tomorrow, I can’t afford to get sick.”

“I’m not being broody,” Peggy protested. “I’m just really not that ill, I—“ she paused as her breath hitched and she had to cup one hand around her nose.

Hup-chieu!

“That’s what I thought,” Angie said, smiling slightly. “I’ll be in the bedroom right across the hall, alright?”

Peggy just frowned as Angie leaned down to kiss her heated forehead before ducking out into the hallway, shutting the door behind her.

Prompt: phone call

The phone started ringing about an hour later. Peggy ignored it and after a long moment, it stopped only to start up again. She rolled over with a groan and picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Hey, English,” Angie said on the other end of the line. “Funny story, but I kind of can’t fall asleep.”

Peggy chuckled, but it turned into a cough that then morphed into a loud, scraping sneeze.

“Geez, you sound awful.”

“I feel awful,” Peggy replied. “But a bit better now that I hear your voice.”

“Well in that case, I guess I better keep on talking.”

Prompt: asleep

True to her word, Angie kept on talking for almost a whole hour. She covered everything from her lesson with her acting teacher to the jerk during the lunch rush who kept sending his food back to the woman with the screaming kid who had taken forever to leave at the end of Angie’s shift.

By the time she finally ran out of things to talk to, Peggy’s eyes were starting to get heavy.

“Peggy?” Angie asked quietly. “You asleep?”

Peggy opened her mouth to reply, but just sneezed instead.

Huh-chixt!

Angie just giggled. “I guess that’s a no then.”

Ugh, your Natasha is ending me. Love the girl to death. I just watched Iron Man 2 for the first time tonight, too, so that little bit with Pepper was like, exactly what I needed to wrap up the experience :D And obviously Peggy is still bae :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2016 at 0:47 AM, The Kneezle said:

Ugh, your Natasha is ending me. Love the girl to death. I just watched Iron Man 2 for the first time tonight, too, so that little bit with Pepper was like, exactly what I needed to wrap up the experience :D And obviously Peggy is still bae :D

Thank you! Peggy will probably always be bae, but I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with Natasha in particular, so I'll definitely be coming back to her again. :D

Only two today and they're both of one of my new favorite characters. Jillian Holtmann is amazing and the new Ghostbusters movie cleared my skin, watered my crops, and made the sun shine again I swear.

Allergic – Desperation - Cat - Summer - Itch - Light - Hands - Fever - Finally Alone - Worried - Broody - Loud - Grass - Genetics - Control - Dinner for Three -Doctor  Dust - Feather - Anticipation - Bed - Drugs - First Time - Headache - Handkerchief - Dog - Garden - Hoarse - Kink - Scent - Hold Back - Double -Harsh - Smoke - Making Dinner - Impatience - Incense - Horses – Pillow - Suffer - Nervous - Stare - Contagious - Relief - Temperature - Terrible - Wool - Tissues - Tease - Quarrel - Lonely - Snuggle - Asleep - Waiting - Frost - Rest - Flu - Phone Call - Apologize - Sore - Accent - Fur - Haze - Spices - Under the Weather - Stifle - Frustrated - Caught in the Act - Attack - Listless - Pressure - Muffled - Annoy - Humiliated - Disproportionate - Bath - Spring - Message - Headcold - Clinic - Confess - Tears - Dream - Polite - Sniff - Shower - Induce - Jealousy - Pills - Interrupt - Chill - Office - Remedy - Weird - Soft - Purr  Honey - Defeat - Smother – Gratitude

Prompt: worried
Fandom: Ghostbusters (2016) (Jillian Holtzmann)

“I’m worried about Holtzmann,” Erin said. “She seems…off.”

Abby paused and followed Erin’s gaze towards Holtzman spinning lazily on her rolling stool in her lab area that Patty had aptly dubbed ‘the danger zone’.

“She seems okay,” Abby said with a shrug.

Holtzmann’s face changed suddenly; her nostrils flared, her eyes widened, her breath hitched, she stared up at the light, and then finally she sneezed. It was a harsh, scraping HAStchu that almost startled Erin, although she really shouldn’t have expected anything less.

She turned back to Abby and raised her eyebrows in a silent I-told-you-so.

“Maybe you’re right.”

Prompt: tissues
Fandom: Ghostbusters (2016) (Jillian Holtzmann)

“Holtzy, you know I love you, but I swear if you don’t at least go take a nap or something, I will personally drag you to bed,” Patty said without looking up from her book.

“Hold on, I’m almost done with this,” Holtzmann replied. “I’ve found a way to double the containment unit’s shielding without…with…HAAHSCH!

“Bless you.” Patty finally glanced up just in time to see Holtzmann wiping her nose on what looked like a greasy rag. “Um, no. At least use some tissues. And then go to bed. The ghosts won’t take over ‘cause you’re sleeping off a cold.”

Holtzy!!!!! :wubsmiley: She is such a goof, I love it. I'm glad everyone I talk to seems to agree that she'd be the type to power through a cold for the sake of SCIENCE. Would love to see about a hundred more of her, kthnx. ;)

15 hours ago, Evilduckling108 said:

The ghosts won’t take over ‘cause you’re sleeping off a cold.”

Ha! I loved both of these. But I really likethe idea of Patty taking care of Holtzmann.

Oooh welcome to the Holtzmann Club!! These were super super lovely. I'm with Mouse, I'm so behind the headcanon that Holtz doesn't give a damn and keeps working even when she's sick, because SCIENCE HAS TO HAPPEN. I also wouldn't be sad if you wrote more ;) Great work!

Back from holiday! Guess I'd better make a start on forum catch-up... (p.s. gosh, I've been piecemeal in my appreciation of these. Which is a pity, as you and your writings have been consistently wonderful. hrmm...)

I enjoyed 'garden' a lot.

On 06/07/2016 at 6:42 AM, Evilduckling108 said:

“Good.” Pepper looked up at the brightly-colored tropical plants. “This should really go.”

I like that they're both labouring under a 'yeah, Tony's a little inexplicable sometimes' attitude. It makes me smile.

I am myself 'weirdly' attracted to the idea of a knock/flick/punch(in this case) triggering the sneeze reflex. It's endearing, somehow.

'Smoke'- aww, Peggy-Bucky bonding. Love it.

'fur'- nuh-uh, 'Tasha, I'm pretty sure you aren't going to be able to wrestle the moral high ground out of this one. This drabble also made me happy.

'suffer'- awwwh, poor tired Peggy. :heart:

'scent'- It's always fun when Dottie's over-curious nature (or perhaps more lack of boundaries...) gets her in bother.

'control'-

On 11/07/2016 at 8:47 PM, Evilduckling108 said:

Just sneeze like a normal person.

Aw, poor Nat. I'm glad she humoured him, though.

'chill'- I felt like this one was just really... well written? In the sense of making it feel like a satisfying and complete thing even with so few words. Not that the rest of these aren't (they totally are), but I felt like this one was stand-out.

I liked the pairing of 'muffled' and 'harsh', especially Dottie's annoyance with everything in the second one.

'itch'- the welcome return of clothes-stealing Natasha. Also awwwwh forever.

'broody' + 'phone call' + 'asleep'= a triple serving of super cute relationship goals.

I have yet to see Ghostbusters, but both those drabbles were great.

TL:DR, I'm back, I still love you, these, and everyone in this bar. *throws confetti and vanishes into the... well, it's mid-morning here. But we can pretend.*

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2016 at 7:08 AM, AnonyMeows said:

Holtzy!!!!! :wubsmiley: She is such a goof, I love it. I'm glad everyone I talk to seems to agree that she'd be the type to power through a cold for the sake of SCIENCE. Would love to see about a hundred more of her, kthnx. ;)

Thank you!!! I am so in love with Holtzy and I really want to write more of her!

On 8/4/2016 at 5:13 PM, Bruyere said:

Ha! I loved both of these. But I really likethe idea of Patty taking care of Holtzmann.

Patty and Holtzmann's relationship in the movie is my favorite and I just absolutely love it, so naturally I had to use it lol

On 8/4/2016 at 10:29 PM, Winged said:

Oooh welcome to the Holtzmann Club!! These were super super lovely. I'm with Mouse, I'm so behind the headcanon that Holtz doesn't give a damn and keeps working even when she's sick, because SCIENCE HAS TO HAPPEN. I also wouldn't be sad if you wrote more ;) Great work!

Thanks, glad to be here. I absolutely do headcanon Holtzmann as just being one of those people who ignores her own body, so there's a lot of potential fic that could maybe come from that... Thank you!!

@RiversD I love you. Like, I don't even have words. You are just the sweetest person and I can't believe that you actually read every single one of these and I just really really love you and I hope amazing things come your way because you are so sweet! ^_^

First and foremost, let me apologize for dropping off the face of the earth for a month. Real life has been interfering quite a bit and it will be for the foreseeable future, but things are starting to calm down, so I'm hoping I can go back to updating at reasonable intervals again.

Only two drabbles today, but it's a start. One of them is based on a book series called The Diviners by Libba Bray which I highly recommend if you haven't read it! It's basically X-files with flappers and it's amazing. For the purposes of this drabble, Theta and Evie are really close friends, Woodhouse is a reporter who canonically had a pretty sneezy cold in the second book, and Jericho is the guy Evie sort of likes, sort of doesn't like, they kissed once and it's been weird ever since. Enjoy!

Allergic – Desperation - Cat - Summer - Itch - Light - Hands - Fever - Finally Alone - Worried - Broody - Loud - Grass - Genetics - Control - Dinner for Three -Doctor  Dust - Feather - Anticipation - Bed - Drugs - First Time - Headache - Handkerchief - Dog - Garden - Hoarse - Kink - Scent - Hold Back - Double -Harsh - Smoke - Making Dinner - Impatience - Incense - Horses – Pillow - Suffer - Nervous - Stare - Contagious - Relief - Temperature - Terrible - Wool - Tissues - Tease - Quarrel - Lonely - Snuggle - Asleep - Waiting - Frost - Rest - Flu - Phone Call - Apologize - Sore - Accent - Fur - Haze - Spices - Under the Weather - Stifle - Frustrated - Caught in the Act - Attack - Listless - Pressure - Muffled - Annoy - Humiliated - Disproportionate - Bath - Spring - Message - Headcold - Clinic - Confess - Tears - Dream - Polite - Sniff - Shower - Induce - Jealousy - Pills - Interrupt - Chill - Office - Remedy - Weird - Soft - Purr  Honey - Defeat - Smother – Gratitude

Prompt: headache
Fandom: The Diviners (Evie O’Neill)

“The next time I get my hands on Woodhouse, I’m gonna kill him, I swear I will.”

“Easy, Evil,” Theta said, placing her hand gently on Evie’s shoulder and guiding her to sit down in one of the wingback chairs nearby. Evie practically threw herself down in it before bringing her own hands quickly to her face.

Hi-TCHU!

“Gesundheit,” Theta said. “How are you feeling?”

“Posi-tute-ly awful. I already had a headache, but this cold is making it worse,” Evie whined.

“Want me to go get Jericho?”

Evie just nodded weakly, her cheek rubbing against the fabric of the chair.

Prompt: spring
Fandom: Captain America: The First Avenger (Peggy Carter)

Spring had almost arrived on the European front and melted snow had turned the ground to muck and made the nights positively freezing.

Peggy spent most of her nights huddled with Captain Rogers and the commandos around a dwindling fire that was more smoke than warmth. Not that Peggy minded. Sure, the windblown smoke turned her eyes red and watery and made her sneeze so hard her head spun and sure, Barnes, Morita, and Jones told the same stories over and over again, but it was more than worth it for the laughter that curled like smoke towards the sky.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been lurking around your thread for a while, and now I've joined I wanted to say how much I enjoy your drabbles! I love them all so so much, especially your Peggy Carter ones, and I really hope you keep writing! :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2016 at 8:37 PM, Teardrop said:

Hello, I've been lurking around your thread for a while, and now I've joined I wanted to say how much I enjoy your drabbles! I love them all so so much, especially your Peggy Carter ones, and I really hope you keep writing! :D

Aw, thank you so much!! I really appreciate it and rest assured, there's plenty more where these came from ;)

I'm back with more drabbles! The second and third are from a (brand) new show called Conviction and the main character, Hayes, is coincidentally also played by Hayley Atwell, so you can probably expect more of that in the future because I will always be trash. Enjoy them!

Allergic – Desperation - Cat - Summer - Itch - Light - Hands - Fever - Finally Alone - Worried - Broody - Loud - Grass - Genetics - Control - Dinner for Three -Doctor  Dust - Feather - Anticipation - Bed - Drugs - First Time - Headache - Handkerchief - Dog - Garden - Hoarse - Kink - Scent - Hold Back - Double -Harsh - Smoke - Making Dinner - Impatience - Incense - Horses – Pillow - Suffer - Nervous - Stare - Contagious - Relief - Temperature - Terrible - Wool - Tissues - Tease - Quarrel - Lonely - Snuggle - Asleep - Waiting - Frost - Rest - Flu - Phone Call - Apologize - Sore - Accent - Fur - Haze - Spices - Under the Weather - Stifle - Frustrated - Caught in the Act - Attack - Listless - Pressure - Muffled - Annoy - Humiliated - Disproportionate - Bath - Spring - Message - Headcold - Clinic - Confess - Tears - Dream - Polite - Sniff - Shower - Induce - Jealousy - Pills - Interrupt - Chill - Office - Remedy - Weird - Soft - Purr  Honey - Defeat - Smother – Gratitude

Prompt: defeat

“So are you ready to admit defeat yet?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Peggy replied.

Angie sighed and stepped over to where Peggy was sitting at the kitchen table, nose red and sniffling.  Angie had been content to let her suffer, but she was fed up with Peggy’s ‘stiff upper lip’ routine.

In one sudden movement, she reached over and ran her finger gently over the bridge of Peggy’s nose.

It twitched once, twice, her breath hitched, and she let out a soft, “Ehetshiew!

“How about now?”

Peggy just frowned as she brought her handkerchief to her nose.

Prompt: sniff
Fandom: Conviction (Hayes Morrison)

“God, you look like death.”

“Good morning to you too,” Hayes said with a sniff. She swiped a crumpled tissue under her red nose and dropped down in the rolling chair next to Maxine before coughing into her elbow. Maxine casually slid just a few inches away.

“Um, Hayes, are you feeling okay?” Tess asked.

“Not really,” Hayes replied. “But I’ll be alright. I just have t…to…taCHIEU!

Hayes’s cheeks turned a shade of red to match that of her twitching nose and she stood up, masking her congested sniffle with the noise of the chair. “I’ll be in my office.”

Prompt: remedy

“Hey.” Tess poked her head around Hayes’s office door. “Mind if I come in for a minute?”

“I don’t know why you’d want to, but sure,” Hayes replied. Her voice was even raspier than it had been that morning and her nose was red and rubbed raw.

“I brought tea,” Tess said, setting a to-go cup on the desk. “Green with lemon and honey. It was my mom’s favorite remedy for a cold.”

Hayes pinched her nose to try to stifle the next sneeze. “Hah-nxxgt!” She groaned and gave a congested sniff. “Thanks, Tinkerbell.”

Tess blushed faintly and smiled. “Anytime.

I can't believe, it's been a few hours, and I'm already blessed with Conviction drabbles.  What a beautiful day!  Maxine is already the love of my life (I may ship her and Hayes already... hehe).  I would never say no to more of these, especially if one even involves Maxine suffering.  Just putting that out there into the universe XD  THANK YOU FOR THESE.

On 10/4/2016 at 2:46 AM, PropertyofCora said:

I can't believe, it's been a few hours, and I'm already blessed with Conviction drabbles.  What a beautiful day!  Maxine is already the love of my life (I may ship her and Hayes already... hehe).  I would never say no to more of these, especially if one even involves Maxine suffering.  Just putting that out there into the universe XD  THANK YOU FOR THESE.

I literally went into this show hoping that I would be able to ship Maxine and Hayes and I was definitely not disappointed! (Although, I'm also really shipping Tess and Hayes which was surprising, but what can I say? Apparently I'm a sucker for the cinnamon roll humanizing the hero.) I might be interested in torturing Maxine a little bit at some point...who knows? Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like them!! :D

On 10/6/2016 at 2:53 AM, SexyGodlikeHair said:

Awesome; so glad to see the update!!! (This is def one of my favorite threads btw)

OMG thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying!

On 10/6/2016 at 0:54 PM, Teardrop said:

Hayes Morrison drabbles, aahhh! I'm already in love with the show and thanks so much for writing some awesome drabbles about it :D

You are so welcome! And thank YOU so much for reading!!

More drabbles, all Conviction once again because the more I watch this show, the more into it I get. The last three are all meant to be sequential; the first one just kind of got tacked on because I had it written and wanted it posted. Enjoy!

Allergic – Desperation - Cat - Summer - Itch - Light - Hands - Fever - Finally Alone - Worried - Broody - Loud - Grass - Genetics - Control - Dinner for Three -Doctor  Dust - Feather - Anticipation - Bed - Drugs - First Time - Headache - Handkerchief - Dog - Garden - Hoarse - Kink - Scent - Hold Back - Double -Harsh - Smoke - Making Dinner - Impatience - Incense - Horses – Pillow - Suffer - Nervous - Stare - Contagious - Relief - Temperature - Terrible - Wool - Tissues - Tease - Quarrel - Lonely - Snuggle - Asleep - Waiting - Frost - Rest - Flu - Phone Call - Apologize - Sore - Accent - Fur - Haze - Spices - Under the Weather - Stifle - Frustrated - Caught in the Act - Attack - Listless - Pressure - Muffled - Annoy - Humiliated - Disproportionate - Bath - Spring - Message - Headcold - Clinic - Confess - Tears - Dream - Polite - Sniff - Shower - Induce - Jealousy - Pills - Interrupt - Chill - Office - Remedy - Weird - Soft - Purr  Honey - Defeat - Smother – Gratitude

Prompt: pills

Ht’nxxgt!

“Okay, that’s the third time you’ve sneezed in fifteen minutes,” Maxine said. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing, it’s just—“ Hayes paused to stifle yet another sneeze into her elbow. “Just allergies. They always flare up in the fall.”

“Have you taken anything?”

“No. I kind of…lost the last of my pills the other night,” Hayes confessed. “I thought I’d be okay, but I’ll run by the pharmacy later.”

“You can go now,” Maxine said. “You look like crap. I’m sure we can make do for a little while.”

Hayes just flashed her a brief grateful smile before sneezing again.

Prompt: waiting

“Hayes, there’s a delivery waiting for you in your office,” Tess said when Hayes breezed into the office about ten minutes later than she should have.

“Really? What is it?” Hayes asked.

“I don’t know, but I think it’s from your mother.”

Hayes rolled her eyes, but marched into her office anyway to find a box on her desk with a tag on it that read, “To warm the place up a bit” in her mother’s swooping handwriting. The tag was a nice touch, but the scent was so strong that Hayes already knew what was inside.

Ht’gsh!”

An orchid.

Prompt: stifle

Hayes stalked out of her office and back into the conference room. Her nose was red and she was holding a tissue underneath her streaming eyes.

“Can one of you please get that box out of th-there and air it out? My mother seems to have forgotten that I’m s-sensitive to sm-heh…hih…” Hayes couldn’t even finish her sentence before she pinched her nose tight to stifle a sudden sneeze.

Ht’itschNX!

“Ugh, sorry. I’b sensitive to perfumes,” Hayes said.

“I’ll get rid of it right away,” Tess said.

“Yeah, you should go home and rest,” Maxine said.

“Gladly,” Hayes replied drily.

Prompt: anticipation

“I can’t believe she actually sent me an orchid. She knows how badly I react to them and – God, I feel like I can still smell it.”

“I’m sure it was just a mistake,” Jackson said, wrapping his arm around his sister’s shoulder. “She probably didn’t think about it. I’ll talk to her if you want.”

“No, don’t bother,” Hayes snapped. “It’s not like…” She trailed off as her breath hitched once, twice, three times and her eyes slipped closed. She brought her cupped hands closer to her face in breathless anticipation.

Ehh-t’SHEW!

“She’s never getting into my office again.

• 1 month later...

Long time no drabble, so here's a few more that I've been working on.

Allergic – Desperation - Cat - Summer - Itch - Light - Hands - Fever - Finally Alone - Worried - Broody - Loud - Grass - Genetics - Control - Dinner for Three -Doctor  Dust - Feather - Anticipation - Bed - Drugs - First Time - Headache - Handkerchief - Dog - Garden - Hoarse - Kink - Scent - Hold Back - Double -Harsh - Smoke - Making Dinner - Impatience - Incense - Horses – Pillow - Suffer - Nervous - Stare - Contagious - Relief - Temperature - Terrible - Wool - Tissues - Tease - Quarrel - Lonely - Snuggle - Asleep - Waiting - Frost - Rest - Flu - Phone Call - Apologize - Sore - Accent - Fur - Haze - Spices - Under the Weather -Stifle - Frustrated - Caught in the Act - Attack - Listless - Pressure - Muffled - Annoy - Humiliated - Disproportionate - Bath - Spring - Message - Headcold - Clinic - Confess - Tears - Dream - Polite - Sniff - Shower - Induce - Jealousy - Pills - Interrupt - Chill - Office - Remedy - Weird - Soft - Purr  Honey - Defeat - Smother – Gratitude

Prompt: terrible

Hayes sniffed and rubbed at her nose for the fifth time in as many minutes and Maxine finally looked up from the case file she was reading through. She studied Hayes’s red, watery eyes and noticed the way Hayes kept touching her nose. She looked pretty out of it too and Maxine huffed as she set down her folder.

“Are you high?” she asked.

Hayes’s lips twitched as she sniffled again. “The only thing high today is the pollen count.”

Maxine’s expression softened just a little bit. “I’m sorry. You look pretty terrible.”

Hayes just stifled a sneeze in response.

Prompt: hold back

Hayes had nearly forgotten how much she had missed Naomi. She was tall and beautiful with a voice like honey and a face that Hayes could stare at for hours.

She also apparently had a new perfume that was not at all agreeing with Hayes’s nose.

Naomi was standing in front of Hayes’s desk talking about something to do with Wallace’s case as Hayes just sat there trying to hold back the almost painfully-ticklish sensation that was brewing in her nose, but it was no use.

Hih’ESHOO!

Hayes tried not to flush as Naomi looked down at her and smirked.

Prompt: smother

Hayes wasn’t particularly used to feeling short and she definitely did not like it.

At least, she didn’t like it until she found herself wrapped in Naomi’s arms once again and she could press her face into the crook of Naomi’s neck, breathing in her familiar scent.

“I forgot how much I’ve missed you,” Naomi breathed.

Hayes was about to reply when her nose twitched and she had to turn her head and smother a sneeze against Naomi’s silk-covered shoulder.

Hh’ncht!

“Bless you,” Naomi chuckled.

Hayes didn’t say anything. She just sniffled and turned to smile against Naomi’s neck again.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Me? Updating my drabble thread? I know, I'm shocked too.

Allergic – Desperation - Cat - Summer - Itch - Light - Hands - Fever - Finally Alone - Worried - Broody - Loud - Grass - Genetics - Control - Dinner for Three -Doctor  Dust - Feather - Anticipation - Bed - Drugs - First Time - Headache - Handkerchief - Dog - Garden - Hoarse - Kink - Scent - Hold Back - Double -Harsh - Smoke - Making Dinner - Impatience - Incense - Horses – Pillow - Suffer - Nervous - Stare - Contagious - Relief - Temperature - Terrible - Wool - Tissues - Tease - Quarrel - Lonely - Snuggle - Asleep - Waiting - Frost - Rest - Flu - Phone Call - Apologize - Sore - Accent - Fur - Haze - Spices - Under the Weather -Stifle - Frustrated - Caught in the Act - Attack - Listless - Pressure - Muffled - Annoy - Humiliated - Disproportionate - Bath - Spring - Message - Headcold - Clinic - Confess - Tears - Dream - Polite - Sniff - Shower - Induce - Jealousy - Pills - Interrupt - Chill - Office - Remedy - Weird - Soft - Purr  Honey - Defeat - Smother – Gratitude

Prompt: gratitude
Fandom: DCEU Wonder Woman (Diana Prince/Wonder Woman)

“What is this?” Diana asked, studying the trails of thick black smoke that were spewing from the train.

“That’s the wonder of coal power,” Steve replied without breaking his stride. When Diana stayed quiet, however, he turned around in time to see her nose wrinkle as she bought her hands to her face and snapped forward with a harsh sneeze.

Huh-kshuu!

“Bless you,” Steve said. He dug around in his pocket for a moment and handed Diana a slightly wrinkled handkerchief.  “Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it pretty quick.”

Diana sniffled and accepted the handkerchief with a grateful nod.

Prompt: summer
Fandom: DCEU (Diana Prince/Wonder Woman)

Huh-ESHuu!

“Bless you,” Bruce said, raising his eyebrows. “You okay?”

“Fine,” Diana replied with a dismissive wave. “The summer air here just doesn’t always agree with me.”

Bruce’s lips twitched into a smirk and Diana frowned at him.

“What?” she asked.

“Nothing,” he said. “It’s just…I never would have thought an immortal demigoddess could have allergies of all things.”

Diana started to say something else, but then her expression shifted, her mouth opening and eyes fluttering for a split second before she pitched forward with another sneeze.

“Next summer I’ll make sure we’re working in a better climate,” Bruce said.

*cartwheels in* Gosh, never would have expected you to be in the WW fandom... :wink1: just kidding, I'm glad the new stuff prompted you into writing, though!

These are both cute, and I think it makes total sense for Diana to be sensitive to stuff from the world outside Themyscira- especially things resulting from man's pollution and resulting changes to the atmosphere.

I like the subtle differences in Bruce and Steve's reactions, too. And that once Bruce knows this isn't something dangerous/threatening at the present time, he kinda enjoys knowing she has at least one "human"-ish attribute. I bet he will be considerate of it at all future points though... he's pretty sweet under that shell.

Archived