Sneeze Fetish Forum

Red's Star Trek Drabbles (Update 24|12|16)

Red

On 18/10/2016 at 9:35 PM, Red said:

The planet created some strange flowers to which I am allergic

If only it was possible...;) I would give all I've got to go on this planet !!! That's a good idea (actually, Spock sneezing is always a good idea)!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all wonderful! I don't think I could pick a favorite...but the one with sad, sick, guilty Bones pushes all the right buttons.

On 29.10.2016 at 5:52 AM, matilda3948 said:

These are all wonderful! I don't think I could pick a favorite...but the one with sad, sick, guilty Bones pushes all the right buttons.

Thank you! I'm always so happy to read such comments when I look at the forum after a busy time ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~

This one is for @AngelEyes I hope you enjoy it! I was totally inspired by your idea but changed it a bit (otherwise it would be too long and I haven't the time for a whole fic at the moment) . Hope you like it anyway :blushsmiley: (and I could imagine to write a second part after my exams - or when I get tired of learning like today ^^)

Prompt: 1. Introduction

Sneezing person: Spock

Reason: Allergies

“Bones? What’s that?” The captain was poking a strange kind of octopus with fur.

“May I introduce: My pet. Yeah, I asked myself the same question. Can’t tell what it is. But now it's mine.”

“Your pet?” Jim lifted the animal at one fluffy tentacle when Spock entered sickbay.

“Yes. Remember our little excursion on that freaky planet yesterday? I found that – what ever it is – in my bag this morning. I ran a few tests, it’s harmless. And it’s kinda cute. So I decided…”

Hehkishh!” The physician was interrupted by a muffled sneeze. Before he was able to continue his explanation, three desperate sneezes followed.

Hekechh! Khishh! EhKECHOO!”

As well McCoy as Jim turned and looked at the origin of this noise.

“Bless. Are you alright, Spock? Shouldn’t you be at the bridge right now? Why are you here?” Bones wanted to know.

“I… heh… I…” Spocks breath hitched again and made it impossible for him to speak. His cheeks and nostrils were flushed in a deep green and his eyes were watery. Jim reached him a tissue und guided his friend to a chair nearby.

“Hey, sit down. Can you breathe?”

The Vulcan nodded and brought the tissue up to his nose in expectation of another sneeze that did not come.

“Yes, I… heh... HEH’K… “

Bones was already up with his tricorder to scan Spock. “It’s a mild allergy attack. Wait” He grabbed a medical kit and was searching for the right hypo.

“Mild?” Jim asked wide-eyed while Spock was still struggling with that one sneeze.

“Relax, he won’t die. It’s only afflicting his sinuses. No risk of circulatory arrest. I think I can fix that.” He injected the hypo into Spocks upper arm and looked at him. “Better?”

The first officer remained in the same position and started to sneeze again.

Hekishh! HihKishoo! Heh… I… IHekECHH! I fear thi… hhhis isn’t K’ECHOO! working, doctor.”

“Damn, green-blooded hobgoblin! When did this start?”

“Right a…hehh… after our away mi… HEH’KISHH! ISHHSH! Mission. But it wasn’t thaa… haaHA’KISH! That bad until now.”

Jim was still playing with the yellow furry ball with tentacles when he suddenly stopped and looked at it. “Bones! Spock’s allergic to your pet! But how could that be? It was here all the time and he came from the bridge because of his symptoms.”

“Hell, no! It’s fur must be so fine, it slipped through the ventilating filters. And it seems that it triggers another pathway in his Vulcan immune system. That’s why it’s not dangerous but also the reason for the hypo failing.”

Hehehh…” Spock started to rub his itchy nose violently. He wasn’t in control of his body anymore.

“I fear we need to bring this tiny animal back to it’s planet” McCoy continued and fondled the little ball for the last time. “Spock should stay here and you should go to the bridge to change our course. Take the alien animal with you.”

Jim took it and left sickbay but not without a brief pause in the doorway. “So it’s my pet now until we’re back at that planet. With maximum warp that will be in about ten hours. It needs a name for that time.” The captain smirked before he vanished. “It’s bothering Spock – I think I’ll call it Bones."

On 01/11/2016 at 6:03 PM, Red said:

I think I can fix that.

Mwahaha, no you can't Bones. Too bad.:naughty:

[Do you know that my favorite animal is the octopus?!? (It's true, really.)]

Thanks for sneezy Spock!!!

Omg! You did this for me! I love it so so much!!!!! 

On 11/1/2016 at 0:03 PM, Red said:

“Relax, he won’t die. It’s only afflicting his sinuses. No risk of circulatory arrest. I think I can fix that.” He injected the hypo into Spocks upper arm and looked at him. “Better?”

I can totally hear Bones voice here.

On 11/1/2016 at 0:03 PM, Red said:

Jim took it and left sickbay but not without a brief pause in the doorway. “So it’s my pet now until we’re back at that planet. With maximum warp that will be in about ten hours. It needs a name for that time.” The captain smirked before he vanished. “It’s bothering Spock – I think I’ll call it Bones."

This is absolutely freaking Priceless! I laughed so hard!!!!!

Squeee! Dying of happiness here!

On 2.11.2016 at 8:13 PM, Aliena H. said:

Mwahaha, no you can't Bones. Too bad.:naughty:

[Do you know that my favorite animal is the octopus?!? (It's true, really.)]

Thanks for sneezy Spock!!!

:laughingsmiley: that's funny! I'm glad you liked it!

@AngelEyes : It made me very happy to read your comment! Aaaand: I know this is a drabble thread but I couldn't withstand and wrote a second part :whistle2:

~~~~~~~~~~

Prompt: 79. Illogical

Sneezing person: Spock

Reason: Allergies

HehKechoo!”

“You’re doing that on purpose, right?” Bones muttered and put a box of tissues on the table.

“That would be mostly illogical, doctor.” Spock answered, took a tissue and blew his nose discretely. Only five minutes after Jim left sickbay with the creature Spock was allergic to, his sinuses calmed a bit. Now he was able to speak at least a few sentences without sneezing. Sure, his nose was still tickling non-stop but he almost gained back the ability to control his body. “You are obviously not pleased about my presence. I assume it would be better if I go to my quarters until we… EHKICH! KICHH! CHH! CHH! CHH! EH...HE’ECHOOO! Ugh…” Yeah, almost.

McCoy witnessed how Spock doubled over with a violent sneezing fit. He hadn’t even the time to grab a tissue and buried his face in the crook of his arm. When he was done, he winced in pain. Fuck. Bones gently squeezed his friends shoulder.

“You’re not going anywhere without my permission, you stubborn hobgoblin. And I’m not in the mood to discuss with a robot. I had to abandon my only pet, remember?"

“Doctor, I do not understand your emotional attachment to an unknown being you found by accident not even a day ago.”

“What did I say about discussing with a goddamn robot? I… Spock, you should lay down.” Bones interrupted himself when he saw Spock closing his eyes and inhaling slow and deep like a wave of dizziness or nausea had hit him.

“I would prefer not to do so.” Spock admitted. The pressure in his sinuses got worse and he did not know what he could do against it.

“Such a bad headache?” McCoy asked concerned. He didn’t even wait for an answer and went to his office. “Wait, I may have something that could help you. Old human household remedy.”

Spock continued to concentrate on his own breath when Bones returned. The physician opened a little bottle and poured some drops on his own hands. “Look at me, Spock.”

The first officer noticed that the transparent liquid had a quite intensive scent.

“That’s mint oil” The CMO explained. “Massaging special points with it helps loosening the congestion.”

“Massaging?” Spock rose an eyebrow what increased the pain behind his eyes. Well, sometimes a doctor had to touch his patients. That wasn’t uncommon. And if that would ease the pressure…

“Trust me.” Bones replied self-confident. “Close your eyes and breathe slowly.” He put his mint oil wetted finger tips on Spocks temples and rubbed soft circles. He carefully slid from the side of Spocks face over his cheekbones to the bridge of his nose.

The Vulcan felt how it started to work. It really reduced the pressure in his head and step by step it got easier to breathe. But it also felt like his nose got more sensitive and when McCoy touched his nostrils, the urge to sneeze suddenly overwhelmed him. He wasn’t even able to warn the doctor and just turned his head aside. Bones didn’t move back, he only dropped his hands and waited until his friend was done.

HehKechoo! ECHOO! K’ISHH! ISHH!” Spock covered his nose and mouth with one hand and reached out for the tissue box with the other hand during the fit. McCoy helped him and Spock released two last, harsh sneezes into the tissue. “HEH’KISHOO! KH’ISHHOO!”

“Bless. How’s your head?”

“Better. I have to thank you, doctor.”

“Hell, don’t. You thanking me would give me nightmares for weeks about touchy vulcans. Just do me a favour and rest until this is over. Are you able to lay down now?”

“Yes, I think so.”

Spock sank down on one of the Biobeds and fell asleep within seconds due to his exhaustion. Unaware of his friend sitting next to him the whole time.

Awwww!!!! 

10 hours ago, Red said:

“You’re not going anywhere without my permission, you stubborn hobgoblin. And I’m not in the mood to discuss with a robot. I had to abandon my only pet, remember?"

“Doctor, I do not understand your emotional attachment to an unknown being you found by accident not even a day ago.”

LOL

Totally love the Spones feels!

These are all so insanely wonderful! I can't even begin to tell you how cute they all are!

Your allergic Spock is great. I always loved that Bones was a country doctor at heart stuck in space. The mint oil was perfect. 

20 hours ago, Red said:

“You’re doing that on purpose, right?”

:D:D:D

I love it. Really, I do. The massage and the last sentence are really cute. Bromance is always a pleasure... (And Spock sneezing, of course. Did I mention it before?:razz:)

Thank you all @AngelEyes @Coffee Chicken ZOMBIE!!! @Sinister Cries + Wails @Aliena H. ! I'm always so freaking happy to see you read and liked my fics! :heart::hug:

I hope you'll also enjoy the next one (and those afterwards :) )

~~~~~~~~~~

(Note for those who didn't watch TOS: Vulcan wasn't destroyed and Spocks mother wasn't murdered at this timeline. And here we go)

Prompt: 47. Perfection

Sneezing person: Kirk

Reason: Illness

“Chilly down here, isn’t it?” The captain complained.

“Chilly? Are you kidding, Jim? I’m melting! This planet is called ‘Vulcan’ for a reason.” His CMO replied.

The trio was invited for dinner with Ambassador Sarek and his wife Amanda – Spocks parents – to discuss a further mission that involved matters of Vulcan.

“For a planet called Vulcan it’s way too cold.” Jim murmured. He had felt a bit under the weather the whole day. He had blamed his lack of sleep for it but by now he felt horrible. He was freezing and his head and muscles ached.

“The only things cold down here are those green-blooded inhabitants. Not the climate. You’d tell me if you’re coming down with something, right?” The physician requested while entering the dinning hall were Spock and his parents already waited. Jim – of course – didn’t answer and went to their hosts. Bones sighed, rolled his eyes and followed him.

After half an hour of diplomatic conversation, Kirks plate was still untouched.

“Are you not pleased with the food, captain?” Sarek asked politely.

Jim cleared his throat. “What? I – no, I’m just not hungry.” His voice cracked at the end of his sentence and he managed to suppress a cough.

At least now everyones attention was focused on him. Spock watched his friend with a raised eyebrow and McCoy seemed like his greatest desire was to put out his tricorder and check his mate from tip to toe.

But it was Amanda who spoke: “Maybe we should pause and continue tomorrow. You look exhausted."

Jim felt four pair of eyes staring at him while his nose started to tickle relentlessly. He opened his mouth to answer but his expression turned into a pre-sneeze face. He had only a fraction of seconds and decided to turn to Bones rather than sneezing into the direction of his first officer or his parents. He covered his forceful sneezes with the crook of his arm.

HehehhESHOO! HE’SHHEW! ESHH! Ugh… Sorry, I…” a harsh coughing fit kept him from talking.

“Bless you” Bones and Amanda said simultaneously while Sarek and his son remained silent.

“Hell, Jim, you’re deathly pale!” McCoy determined and put one hand on Kirks forehead, not even slightly disgust by his friend sneezing and coughing directly towards him. “Stubborn kid! You’re burning up!”

Kirk reached for the glass of water next to his meal and took a sip. His hands were trembling and he felt like he was going to faint.

“I’m fine. I’m fine. Sorry. We can go on.” Jim ensured with a hoarse voice, shivering and sweating at the same time, dizzy and nauseous.

“No way. The meeting’s over. We’re beaming back. Excuse us, Ambassador, but the captain is obviously sick and needs treatment.” McCoy intervened.

“I could stay and continue the…” The first officer started (even if he really didn’t want to stay alone and talk about business of the federation with his father while Jim was in such a condition) but was disturbed by his mother.

“Spock! Help your friend back to the ship. The poor boy looks like he needs support.” The captain was in her son’s age and seeing him like that woke maternal instincts. “You should be glad to have friends! This diplomatic nonsense can wait. Right, Sarek?” She glanced at her husband.

“I agree that there are no urgent issues which have to be solved today.” The elder Vulcan said.

“You hear your father. Go back.”

They said goodbye and Jim did his best to hide how miserable he truly felt. Five minutes later they appeared at the transporter platform. Spock immediately wrapped his arms around Jim and put a kiss on his hair while Bones rubbed circles on his back.

I was fascinated by Amanda Grayson when I was younger and watching TOS. I mean who wouldn't be? She did it. She was a human who managed to catch a Vulcan's fancy. Nurse Chapel needed to pick her brain. 

I liked how the humans blessed Kirk and the Vulcans did not. :D 

Agreed with @Sinister Cries + Wails: Amanda is great! And she's the one who tells Spock to take care of his friend, that's adorable!

6 hours ago, Red said:

He had only a fraction of seconds and decided to turn to Bones rather than sneezing into the direction of his first officer or his parents.

Yes, always choose Bones for this kind of things.:D He's a doctor, he doesn't mind...

6 hours ago, Red said:

McCoy determined and put one hand on Kirks forehead, not even slightly disgust by his friend sneezing and coughing directly towards him.

See, what did I just say?

Thank you for the update!

Poor Kirk. I love how he just sort of blows off Bones at first. He's not fooling him though, Bones is too smart for that.

On 12.11.2016 at 2:00 PM, Sinister Cries + Wails said:

I was fascinated by Amanda Grayson when I was younger and watching TOS. I mean who wouldn't be? She did it. She was a human who managed to catch a Vulcan's fancy. Nurse Chapel needed to pick her brain. 

I liked how the humans blessed Kirk and the Vulcans did not. :D 

That's so true! Amanda is so great and I was really sad when she died in AOS and when Sarek had his second wife in next generation. :( I loved her in both TOS and AOS :heart:

Thank you! :) 

On 12.11.2016 at 5:41 PM, Aliena H. said:

Yes, always choose Bones for this kind of things.:D He's a doctor, he doesn't mind...

Thank you for the update!

I have to thank you for your feedback! And: Yes, always address yourself to Bones in such a case :D 

15 hours ago, AngelEyes said:

Poor Kirk. I love how he just sort of blows off Bones at first. He's not fooling him though, Bones is too smart for that.

Yes, he is! Thank you :hug:

Prompt: 81. A Place to Belong

Sneezing person: McCoy

It was the first free evening for a long time. The first one for the captain, his first officer and the CMO with no work to do (after pretty rough weeks). An opportunity to spend the time together.

They met at Jims quarters for a game of chess, good talks and afterwards to just be close to each other. To be with the ones they love.

Kirk and Spock were still playing chess when McCoy stood up.

“What’s wrong, Bones? We don’t want to bore you.” Jim asked.

“Everything’s fine. I’m just tired. Sickbay was troublesome today.” The physician answered and massaged his temples.

“Sure? You look unwell.”

“Just a slight headache.”

“Sleep deprivation often causes tension headaches. Shall I get you a hypospray against it?” The Vulcan offered.

“Thanks, Doctor. I’d prefer to try sleep first.” McCoy muttered.

“Easy, Bones. Go to bed. We’ll come as soon as we finished the game.” Jim said.

Fifteen minutes later Kirk and Spock interrupted the game to look after their mate. Both were too concerned to play on. Something seemed to be wrong.

The two men stripped out of their uniforms and snuggled under the sheets to the sleeping (and snoring) McCoy. Jim carefully wrapped his arms around the CMO, always cautious not to wake him. The moment his skin touched his friends, he was alarmed.

“Spock! Am I mistaken or does he feel… feverish?” Kirk whispered.

Spock came closer and put his hand on McCoys forehead. “Indeed, he does.”

The physician awoke coughing violently. Two hands helped him to sit up and petted his back. While Jim soothed him, Spock rose and got him a glass of water. It took some minutes until Bones was able to speak again. His voice sounded hoarse.

“Dammit. ‘Scuse me.”

Jim kissed his flushed cheek. “You sound awful. And you’re running a fever. Why didn’t you tell us?”

“Thought I’d be better after a wink of sleep. Didn’t want to… ehhHE’ESHHEW! to ruin your eve. I’ll go right away.” Bones muffled the sneeze into the blanket and struggled to get out of the bed.

“Whoa, wait. Go? To your quarters? To suffer alone and drown in self pity? Forget it! You ruin nothing. Spock, tell him!” Kirk pointed out.

“Our intention was to spend time together. And we are spending our time together. I do not get why you should as you say ‘ruin’ anything.” Spock noticed.

“You two shouldn’t waste your time pandering me. I…heh…” McCoy rubbed his nose forcefully to suppress the urge to sneeze and Jim hugged him close.

“Shhh, it’s okay. Being sick and being cared for is okay.”

Bones managed somehow not to sneeze but moaned instead. “I may throw up on you.”

Jim didn’t loose his grip. “Aww, That was the first thing you ever said to me. Remember?” He smirked.

Spock raised an eyebrow, took McCoys wrist and palpated his radialis pulse. “His heart is beating to fast. 107 bpm. I assume his blood pressure is to low. This could cause the nausea. Do you feel dizzy, Leoanard?”

“The whole damn room is spinning.”

“Lay back.” Jim requested. Bones did as he was told and cuddled into his friends arms.

Meanwhile Spock fetched an emergency kit the doctor was always carrying with him. He searched for a hypo and came back. “This will reduce the fever and ease the worst symptoms.”  He announced and injected it into McCoys upper arm without hesitation.

The doctor relaxed immediately. Dizzyness and nausea were completely gone. “Thanks” he wheezed and ended up coughing again. This time it quickly turned into a sneezing fit. Bones nose was pressed against Jims chest and Spock sat behind him, fondling his hair.

HeESHHOO! HESHH! ECH’CHEW! ESHH! ISHH! SHH! Ehhh... Ugh… Sorry.”

“Don’t be.” The captain whispered.

“Try to sleep. We will still be here when you wake up.” Spock promised and kissed McCoys neck.

11 hours ago, Red said:

Bones managed somehow not to sneeze but moaned instead. “I may throw up on you.”

Jim didn’t loose his grip. “Aww, That was the first thing you ever said to me. Remember?” He smirked.

LOL!

On 14/11/2016 at 5:16 PM, Red said:

“I may throw up on you.”

Hehehe, obviously. Great reference. Why can't Bones admit he's sick? Being a doctor will not prevent him from being ill... He can be quite stubborn, sometimes - but that's how we love him!

Thank you so much @Coffee Chicken Barista @AngelEyes and @Aliena H. ! It's such a great feeling to see that you still enjoy the stuff that emates from my wired, mostly overtired brain :inlove:

~~~~~~~~~~

Prompt: 24. Rebirth

Every single muscle in his body was aching. His eyelids were heavy as lead. It was impossible for him to open his eyes so he tried to figure out were he was with his remaining senses. He was lying on a soft ground. It was warm. He could feel a cloth covering his skin. Maybe wool or something synthetic. He smelled some kind of disinfectant. A hospital. He was lying in a hospital bed. Khan… He remembered. Everything. Jim didn’t know how but he survived.

Now he recognized something else. He heard someone snoring. Maybe there was another patient in the room? No, it was too close. Extremely close. It felt like someone was snoring into his ear. Then he realized that the warm feeling was a living being on his left shoulder. It was breathing slowly and regularly - sleeping.

Jim didn’t know who or what it was, but it had a calming effect. He wasn’t alone. The captain was too weak to move or speak or to show in any way that he was awake. After a while, the being started to move a little and the breathing got faster. It was about to wake up. But suddenly Jim felt – it? – taking a deep breath and sneezing. He sensed the ejection of warm air through his hospital clothes.

HeshCHEW!”

Was that…?

“Doctor? I assume I can not convince you to do the logical thing and go to your room for some rest – am I right?” a familiar voice asked. Spock.

The weight on Jims shoulder disappeared. The warmth was gone.

“I told you I’m not going anywhere. I never saw a damn hobgoblin suffering from dementia so stop asking me that."

Fuck. Bones sounded terrible. Hoarse and exhausted.

“Your body temperature is 2.5 degree higher than normal.” Spock declared.

“And you’re as annoying as nor… ehhHeESHOO! HIH’ISHHOO! ISHOO! ISHH! Ugh… ‘Scuse me.”

Jim heard footsteps, then his CMO saying ‘thanks’ and blowing his nose. Jim desperately tried to open his eyes, to speak, to show that he was okay and they didn’t need to worry. He wanted to tell Bones that he should go and sleep. He wanted to make it an order. But the only thing he managed to do was to listen

“You told me the captain is out of danger. I do not understand why you refuse to take care of your own health if your skills are no longer needed.” Spock said.

“Damn, he’s not a machine! I can’t give a guarantee!” Bones shouted and ended up coughing. It sounded painful.

Kirks bed was shaken when something bumped against it.

“Are you alright, Leonard?” It was Spocks voice but Jim could hardly believe it. Leonard. He must have misheard.

“Sure. Got a little weak at the knees, sorry. I'm fine.”

“You are for certain not ‘fine’. You barely left this room for two weeks. Sit down, I will go and get some tea and a blanket.”

Kirk heard the door opening and closing again. Bones sighted and shortly after, the warm feeling on Jims left shoulder came back. His friends head rested under his collarbone. Only now it became clear that the warmth wasn’t just the normal temperature of a living being – it was a feverish heat. Bones was shivering and sniffled from time to time until Spock came back. The first officer and the CMO didn’t speak a word. There was just the sound of a glassy cup that met a metallic desk. Moments later someone took his right hand to hold it. Spock.

“Do you feel dizzy, doctor? I could ask for a second bed.”

“No. I mean, the dizziness is negligible. I’m just… for a physician, listening to a strong heartbeat is kind of – soothing.”

Soothing. Yes. It was. He wasn’t alone. He would never be.

To have Jim's point of view at this moment, when he can't say anything, is great. I love this idea. I think this is one of my favourite drabbles for now, because:

1) Jim's point of view is perfect, especially in this line (oh my God I love it)

2 hours ago, Red said:

It was Spocks voice but Jim could hardly believe it. Leonard. He must have misheard.

2) I love Bones and Spock's interaction

2 hours ago, Red said:

“Your body temperature is 2.5 degree higher than normal.” Spock declared.

“And you’re as annoying as nor… ehhHeESHOO! HIH’ISHHOO! ISHOO! ISHH! Ugh… ‘Scuse me.”

3) Denial McCoy is always great

2 hours ago, Red said:

“Sure. Got a little weak at the knees, sorry. I'm fine.”

4) The whole situation is so cute!

2 hours ago, Red said:

Moments later someone took his right hand to hold it. Spock.

“Do you feel dizzy, doctor? I could ask for a second bed.”

“No. I mean, the dizziness is negligible. I’m just… for a physician, listening to a strong heartbeat is kind of – soothing.”

Soothing. Yes. It was. He wasn’t alone. He would never be.

If this is what you write when you brain is overtired, I want some more!!!

Awww. Bones won't leave him. And Spock overseeing everything. Love it!

There is no rest for the weary, is there Bones? :nosad:

I love Spock trying to be a voice of reason here, but Bones having none of it. Good luck Jim when you wake up. :) 

I don't now how to thank you all @Aliena H. @AngelEyes and @Sinister Cries + Wails ! :cryhappy: :hug:

Hope you like the next one as well! :) 

~~~~~~~~~~

Prompt: 77. Memories

“Bones? May I come in?” Kirk stood in the doorframe of McCoys quarters. He had used his override code, his friend had not reacted to his knocking at the door.

“What do ya think?” The CMO grumbled. The room was dark and Jim couldn’t see wherefrom the sound came.

“I think you’re very excited to spend the evening with me. Light 50%” The captain said.

The doctor moaned. He was lying in bed and crawled deeper under a bunch of blankets. ”Light 20%. Go away, Jim. I didn’t open – that should give you a broad hint.”

“Maybe I’m a little dense.” Kirk smirked and came in. “Look what I brought. Thought you’d need some Whiskey.” He took two glasses, poured the Whiskey into them and sat down at the edge of the bed. “Hey, come on out. Turn around. I know you’re in a bad mood, what do you think why I’m here? Today’s your daughters eighteenth birthday, isn’t it? And you haven’t seen her for more than ten years. You miss her.”

“Shut the hell up. ‘ngxt!” Bones winced and made an odd noise.

“Are you alright? Was that a sneeze?” Jim asked concerned and touched his friends shoulder. He felt how McCoy inhaled deeply and winced again twice. Bones wasn’t good at stifling his forceful sneezes and this time he didn’t even try. He just pressed his nose into the pillow and Jim heard a damped “HeCHEW! CHEW!”

“Bless you. Do you need a…”

HehECHOO! ECH’CHEW! ECHH! Ugh. Damhh.. HE’CHEW! Hehhngxt! ‘ngxt!” At the attempt to stop the fit he squeezed his nostrils between thumb and index as hard as possible what resulted in two badly stifled sneezes and a terrible headache.

“…tissue?” Jim ended his sentence. Bones didn’t answer, his face still buried into the pillow and the covers over his head. The captains right hand found it’s way under the blankets to his friends back and he rubbed soothing circles. “Hey, I know you’re guilt-wrecked and sad as every year on that day for – how long do I know you? And on top you’re sick as a dog, my dear Bones. Don’t dare to deny it.”

“I’b fide.”  He assured with a totally congested voice.

“Sure. Come out. I’ll add some hot tea to your Whiskey.”

Heh… eh… EHSHH’ISS!"

“Fine, If you won’t come out, I’ll come in.” Jim stripped out of his uniform and crawled under the sheets.

“Whad the hell?! Jib!”

“If you planned to suffer alone I have to disappoint you. I won’t go.”

Archived