• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lily

• Privatedancer

• Not Telling

• Dream Moon

hey guys ! I had a productive weekend, here's the chapter 7. I do love this story so much, I have like a thousand ideas for it. I didn't knew it was possibe to have so many ideas of how to write a sneezing fit or make content related to it.

Hope you will like this one ☺️

@Dream Moon & @Privatedancer thank you ! don't worry  @Dream Moon I have a lot of ideas...I think you'll get bored of it before me 🙃

CHAPTER 7 – FEVER

Jim put a hand on Matt's back and gently pushed him inside before closing the door. He felt perfectly stupid. On the other hand, he was relieved and happy that he was wrong. Now he really had to redeeming himself. Matt paused for a moment, two fingers under his nose, head tilted back slightly. Jim looked at him. Matt had the cutest pre-sneeze expression he had ever seen. His quivering lips, quivering nostrils and lost, almost plaintive gaze. And he was gasping a lot too.

"Need...A...A...Ah-ah-ah-ah-AaaaAaaaAAAASSSShhhhIIIU! APChIEw!"

Jim could feel the power of the sneezes as he had left his hand on Matt's back and it had resonated throughout his body. Matt was shivering.

"I...Need...Of a tissue or I-I-I will nev...nevaaa...Stop...S-sssneeez...Sneez...SneeEh-E-ETSHIEW!"
"Of course."

Jim walked into the living room. It was a bit of a mess. There were balled up tissues on the couch. Surprisingly not on the ground. Luke must have put some order.

"Ple-eh...Please Jim...Huh...Huh...Hurry..."

Jim found the box, took some tissues and brought them to Matthew who grabbed them and sneezed hard into the tissues, his body arching with each sneeze.

"Huh-Huh-Huh-Huh-HHHH…HAARPTSHIIIEW! Hh…Huh-Huh-hh-He-HUH-ARTSHIIIIEW! Hhh…Huh-HAAARTSSSHIEEW! HuuuH-PCHEEEEW! ARTSHHHOOO! Sniff…Sniff…Excuse me."
"Bless you. Please, come sit down."

Matt plopped down on the couch. Jim went to wrap him in a blanket but Matt grabbed his arm in midair and stopped him.

"What are you doing ?"
"I'm covering for you. Matt you're shaking" said Jim softly, who was starting to get seriously worried.
"You're want to play the nurse? Not with me. I was glad you came, seing your jealousy made me laugh and you know it's rare so that's great, congratulations, but there's no way you're staying" – says Matt a calm but firm tone.

And he curled up in the blanket. Jim raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

"Matt don't be ridiculous. I just want to take care of you a little bit. Make you some soup and spend some time with you."

I've missed you dark fool and I'm not going to leave you in this state alone. But he couldn't said that.

"But I'm fine! Luke gave me pills, I have movies, blanket and I'm not hungry." claimed Matt.
"Stop being a baby. You're not fine. Your sneezing like you are possessed your voice is completely broken and you have awful dark circles"
"Always a pleasure seeing you. I take your compliments. I don't want you to stay ok?" Matt raised his voice but it made him cough violently.

Jim gritted his teeth. Matt was unbearable. The fact that he couldn't show himself in a vulnerable state with him was...Just incredible. He headed into the kitchen to make tea. He was looking worriedly at the teapot when Matt came in, blowing his nose. He rubbed his nose lightly with the handkerchief and threw it in the trash.

"What are you doing now?" Matt growled.
"A tea. You should go back under the blanket. You really don't look well"
"Just leave Jim. I don't want you here."

Jim was between nervousness and fear. He didn't want to leave Matt but...He did started to look very frustrated by his presence.

"Why won't you admit you just need a little bit of help? You're sick. It's not a big deal." he tried in his calming voice.
"To me it is. And you know it. So just leave. I'm better now. Can feel it." Matt moved closer to Jim and nudged him with a little hip thrust to pour the hot water into a mug himself.

As he reached for a sachet he felt the urge to sneeze. But it was okay. He could still have some control.

"You're not well at all" Jim whispered "And I care you idiot, so just..." and he moved closer to Matt again, took the sachet from his shaking hands and opened it to place it in the cup.
"Hey!" Matt got annoyed, turning to Jim - "Stop ThaAaA-ACHOO!" Unfortunately he didn't have the time to cover. And Jim, who was right in front of him, felt a light damp veil on his face.

Matt put his hands up to his face and turned to the side - "Huh-Huh-He-HeHHHUH-ARCHIEW! HUUUH! Ah…Hh-Huh-Huh-Huh-HHHH-TSHEEW! TI-SHEW-TSHOO-TSSHIU-THIIIEW -TSSHHHIUM-TSHHIEW-TISSSSH-TISHIIIUH-ARCHHH-ARCHIIIIEW"

The last ones were quite a rapid fit, they were overlaped themselves. It was so intense Matt shivered again. Then he looked down. Angry and ashamed at the same time.

"…Bless you" Jim passed a hand on his face to wipe the little spray off and gently kissed Matt on the forehead, his own way to show he didn't care at all that Matt did sneeze on him.

But Matt was frozen. It was almost scary.

"Please...Let me take care of you now." – muttered Jim.

Matt was frozen. He pushed Jim back gently but firmly. He felt weak and couldn't stand the thought of Jim seeing him like this.

"Why are you doing this to me ? You're going to get sick because of me and... And you make me feel worse and...And why won't you understand I want to be alone and... And that  I...I...And why are you still here anyways ?" Matt's voice cracked and he rushed outside the kitchen to go to his room.

Jim raised his eyebrows, between surprise and pain. He unearthed some honey and added a good spoonful to the cup and looked for Matt. He found him in his bed, hidden under the blanket. He hadn't closed the door. Jim kicked off his shoes with a deft little gesture and walked in with the mug on foot. He put the cup on the bedside table and after hesitating he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Matt please. I...I didn't want to makes you feel worse. On the contrary."
"Go away" - his voice was weak and so different from the mocking, talkative Matt he knew.
"I will. I just...I don't care to get sick. Right now, I care for you. I want to take care of you and I don't understand why you won't let me."
"You don't understand ? Well that's why we shouldn't see each other."

This time it was a violent blow for Jim. Because it came directly from Matt. And he couldn't even see it. To know the expression that accompanied these words that had just hurt him.

Matt had blamed himself the second he said this words. He closed his eyes tightly as if the gesture would erase what he had just said. Why was he so stupid as to jump at the throat of the one he loved? J

im felt his eyes mist up in spite of himself. He didn't move, trying not to feel too touched. He still felt too sensitive.

"Jim? Are you still here?" asked the tiny raspy voice of Matt under the blanket.
"I...I'm going to go don't worry" Jim articulated trying to come to his senses.

A small red curl appeared from the underside of the blanket. Then the rest of the chestnut and red curls. And then Matt's eyes, blue and green, and the rest of his face. A shameful and sad expression marked his features.

"Jim...I didn't mean to say all of that. Especially the end. I'm so sorry I just...It was mean. I don't think that at all."

Jim looked at him. Matt sat up, the blanket slipping a little against his skin. He sat. He wanted to take Jim's hand. Their fingers were so close.

"I just said that because I still don't understand why you're here. With me."
"Because I..."
"You what?"

Jim put a hand to Matt's forehead. He was hot.

"You're going to drink your tea and get some sleep, okay?"
"Okay" replied Matt obediently - "Are you mad?" – he was so worried about it his voice sounded weaker.
"No. I'm concerned." Jim replied with a small smile.
"You know I was just..." started Matt.
"You were being you. Building barriers because that's what you do." – said Jim in a light tone but trying to make a point.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Not with you at least." – Matt answered, with a low voice, being sincere.
"I know.  And look I'm sorry if I overstepped" answered Jim.
"…I didn’t mind that much. I’ve overreacted." quickly said Matt.

They both smiled, in a shy and cute way. Then Matt turned his head slightly and coughed into his elbow for a few seconds.

"And now I'm just a bit scared because you're feverish." – said Jim, his eyes betraying his concern.
"Luke said it was ok" – lied Matt.
"Sure of that?" - he handed her the cup of tea "There you go - careful!"
"Nah. Sure of one thing; you shouldn't be that close to me."

Jim ran a hand through Matt's hair. He blushed slightly. He couldn't help it. Matt always had this crazy effect on him, whether he was sick or not.

"One day, just one day, could you just let me believe and do what I feel like?"
"Not a chance" - answered Matt, and then there was the cute smile again as he drank his tea - "Wow...It's better than mine!"

Jim had a tiny smile. He was still gently caressing Matt's hair. God he loved his curly hair. The surprising color, between ginger and chestnut. Matt finished his tea, feeling warmed up by the tea but also the sweet gesture of Jim. Then he had the cutest yawn ever, he barely covered it with his hands.

"You're tired" - Jim took his empty cup from his hands and put it on the table - "You have to sleep, I'm going to make a soup for later"
"Nah..."
"Yes." - and he kissed Matt on his forehead.

Matt blushed but his cheeks were so red you couldn't see the difference.

When Jim came back into the room he saw the sweater and the jogging ball at the foot of the lot. Matt was already sleeping, lips parted and snoring lightly, discontinuously. He approached the bed a little worried. Matt was naked under the blanket. He saw Matt's beautiful swimmer's shoulders, his throat, his upper torso... He swallowed and tried to tuck Matt in better, who turned with a little snort.

Jim smiled. He lay down beside him fully dressed and watched him sleep. He was so endearing. Certainly vulnerable. That was the whole problem. At least for Matt. He didn't know how to take care of himself and refused to be taken care of for him. Jim wouldn't let him. He couldn't.

"Matthew Hatfield, I'm falling in love with you" he muttered.

Matt seemed to be sleeping soundly.

"'Like...Hard." added Jim with a tiny smile.

And he continued to watch Matt sleeping as if it was the best thing ever. His phone buzzed so he took it. It was a message from Lizzie.

"Don't come tomorrow. Flooding. Everything is fine but the building will have to be taken care of."

He frowned and replied to the message.

"Shit. Sure everything is fine? And the works of everyone is ok?"

He waited a few seconds. He especially cared for Matt's paintings.

"Yeah we are lucky. Have a nice week we'll see each other next Monday if all goes well. I'll let you know."

Jim replied to this last message with a sigh. Then he smiled realizing that he now had no reason to leave Matt alone.

"Huh...Huh..."

Jim turned to Matt. He was going to sneeze. God how lovely he could be with his sleepy face fighting his urge.

Jim was still lying down. Face turns to Matt he reached for the table to retrieve a handkerchief, his other hand resting close to Matt's face. Matt who sneezed violently.

"HUPCHiIiIEEEEEEH! Ugh..."

Jim jumped slightly when he once again felt the fine droplets projected by Matt this time on his hand. The other hand had finally managed to pick up a handkerchief. He took two. The first one he handed it to Matt only this one hadn't opened his eyes. He wanted to sleep and kept his eyes resolutely closed.

Jim wiped his hand gently with the other handkerchief as he waited, looking at Matt fondly.

Matt sniffed. This gesture had just made the sensitive tickling of his nose penetrate more deeply. He let out powerful, congested sneezes, eventually turning his head against his pillow to stifle them with little success.

"Huh-Hhh-HHH-HHH-HHHH-HEEETSHUUU-HUHH-ITSHIIIuh !-HEEE-ITSSSHIEW heh...HAAAYISHIEEEW !-Eh...ETSSHUUU ! Huh...Ha...-HHAAATSHIU! ARCHIEEEAH! H…Hhh-huh-huh-huh-HAAA-ARTSHOOO! Ha-Ha-hAAAPCHIEW! ARR…RRRPSHIEEEEW!"

He coughed a little and then moaned.

"Bless you."
"J-Jim?"
"Yes. I'm there." said softly Jim.
"I don't s-sniff, f-feel well." Matt whispered in his broken, weak voice.
"Can you turn around?"

Matt did. His face was pale and his eyes had trouble staying open. He tried to sit up but he felt very weak. He coughed as he turned away from Jim. Then he ran his hands over his face. A dizziness took hold of him and he put his hand on the bed, touching Jim's hand inadvertently. Jim felt his hand shaking.

"Matt..."
"I feel like I'm going to faint." - his voice was so weak Jim was actually afraid he might.

And Matt rested his head on Jim's shoulder. It was too hard to fight. Jim kissed him in the hair.

"Shhh...I have something to eat for you."
"You actually cooked?" murmured Matt, wanted to stay like this forever.
"Yes. A warm soup for you." said Jim with his deep soothing voice.

Matt's stomach was screaming. He growled. Matt blushed a little.

"Okay. But then you're leaving? It's late."
"Shut up. Let me take care of you." growned Jim with a smile.
"But I'm such a burden..." said Matt in a weak tone, convinced he was.

Jim's eyes widened, surprised and pained. He kissed Matt in the hair again.

"No you're not. Please don't say that."

He kissed him again gently and then on the forehead. He was burning up.

"Ok now let me grab your soup. I need two minutes. Please try to stay awake."
"M'okay..." Matt felt he was melting with Jim's kindness and the demonstration of affection.

And he tried to stay seated. Without Jim's comfortable shoulder it was less easy. He pulled the blanket up to his chin. He was hungry, thirsty, he was exhausted and yet he hadn't made any particular effort. It was so painful to be sick like that. He coughed his lungs out and took a sip of cold tea.

Jim was busy. He had quickly made some more tea and started heating the soup. He rummaged on the table, unearthed a packet of clean tissues and the medicine Luke had brought. He found a tray - a very nice silver tray with Berber patterns on it - and put the whole thing on it. Then he came back into the room. Matt was sitting, knees drawn up against him, the blanket pulled up against him. Jim put the tray on the table, taking care to step over Matt's clothes. Oh Matt was indeed naked under the blanket. He cursed himself for thinking about that. He sat down on the edge of the bed and held out a glass of water and two pills.

"Take this. For sore throat and headache."

Matt took both and downed them with a sip of water. He made a small grimace.

"Gosh swallowing is hard."
"And here, take that - careful, it's hot"

Matt taked the bowl.

"Thanks. At least there's something hot. I'm just plain horrible." – he said it as a joke, as he blew on the soup and took a sip. He barely felt the taste but the sensation soothed his irritated throat a little. And he was so hungry he felt able to swallow it in one gulp.
"Would you just...Shut up with this?" said Jim rolling his eyes "I just can't with you...You're super sick and all you care is being hot?"
"Actually I'm burning so you could said I'm hot" Matt growled sarcastically, before drinking some more soup.

Jim laughed softly.

"You're so silly. How's that soup?"
"It's good. Thank you, really."
"You're welcome."

Jim smiled gently and add the honey to the cup of tea stirring gently. Matt drank his soup quietly. The steam gently unblocked his nose. He looked at Jim for a moment. He looked like so beautiful it wasn't even funny. He felt like stroking his mid-length hair, the blackness of which fascinated him. And then caress that slightly taut jawline, looking like it's been trimmed to perfection. And then kissing her high cheekbones. Immersing himself for hours in his hazel-colored dreamy eyes. He smiled softly and then said:

"You know it's harsh standing next to you. But I guess I'm lucky, at least you stay honest. You know. Like you don't even try to lie to me, saying I'm beautiful. I probably have the most horrible face ever. Give me my phone so I can check."
"Oh no. Screen time should be avoided" Jim protested, almost with a doctor way of speaking.

Matt rolled his eyes and put his empty bowl on the opposite table. Then he turned to Jim.

"Stop being a nurse and give me my phone. It's just on the table!" Matt exclaimed.
"No! You don't need it 'kay? You look ok." scoffed Jim.
"’Ok’? I look ‘ok’? What’s wrong with you? Now I really need to check..." - said Matt, being dramatic for fun. But Jim was blocking the table. Matt hesitated and started tickling him.

Jim blushed so hard and then he laughed. He was very ticklish. "No...No but hahaha stop pleeeease! mMaAAA..." - he couldn't talk anymore, laughing so much.

Matt smirked and almost laughed to hear Jim laugh like that. They were fighting more or less laughing like two kids. But the tickling took over Matt and he stopped short, bringing his hands to his face in pure reflex and sneezing loudly inside.

"Hhhh…Huh…ARPSHIEEEEW! ATSHHHU! AaaaAAATSHIIIU! G…Gh…Eh…Eh…Ha…HaAAAA-HHH-HMMAAATSHIU! HuuUUUH-ARTSHHHU!"

Jim stopped laughing and handed him a handkerchief.

"Bless..."

But Matt was done. He grabbed the tissue and buried his nose inside to keep on sneezing.

"Ha…Heh…ARCHIIIIEW-Oh! PSSSCHIEW-Uh! Uh…He…EEETSHHHIEW! Oh…Ah…Hhh…HH-HaAAATISHIEW! ARRRRCHEW! HUUUH-HIIIITTTSSSHEEEW! Hhh-Huh-Huh-HHHEEE…H-HH-HHH-ARCHOOO !AAATSHIIIEW !"

They were so wet the tissue began to falling into pieces.

"J-jeez...Now that's...Just great isn't it?" – he grunted, coughing a little, slightly embarrassed.
"Bless you m...Matt"

He wanted to say "my love" but couldn't, not knowing how Matt was feeling about nickname. He gave her the packet of tissues and turned to take the cup of tea. Matt took the opportunity to blow his nose in a clean handkerchief, hiding the other one under the blanket when Jim's back was turned.

"Thanks" - he said, grabbing the cup of tea and taking a sip.
"I know you're not going to believe me but I actually find you very hot right now."
"That's called lying my dear James." said Matt, clicking his tongue mockingly.
"I..."

Jim hesitated, bit his bottom lip. Matt looked at him questioningly. Jim leaned gently towards Matt and kissed him on the tip of his nose. It was warm and sweet at the same time.

"So…That was unexpected. " – Matt whispered, blushing slightly.

Jim blushed too now.

"I'm sorry. You're just really kissable." – he replied softly.

Matt had a nervous chuckle. He felt the blanket slide down his chest, stripping him slightly. But he was lost in Jim's hazel eyes.

"You're such an idiot Jim. You know you're going to get sick aren't you?"
“I have a very good immune system”
"Boastful."

Jim smiled, first a little smile then his usual big charismatic smile.

"Hey, you don't have the permission to smile at me like this" teased Matt.
"Oh do I need it?"
"Stop right now or…" – gosh he did wanted to kiss him.
“Or what?” asked Jim with his damn cute smile.

Matt couldn't kiss him. He lay down abruptly and covered his face with his blanket.

"Please stop that's just torture"

Jim had a cute laugh.

"Ok, so you're hiding now? That's…"
"Shu..ShuuUh-UhUUUTISHEEW!" sneezed freely Matt under the blanket - "Sorry. But do shut up."

Jim shivered. Matt had the most incredible sneezes, even if he didn't see the last one, he saw the blanket pushed up by the strengh of the sneeze. His cold sneezes were different than the allergic ones. Heavier, more violent, wetter too. He slowly leaned over and kissed Matt through the blanket, first on the cheek, then sliding gently onto the sheet he felt Matthew's mouth warm despite the fabric and kissed him.

"Can I just say…bless you?" he whispered against her lips, only parted by the sheet, feeling the warmth emanating from it.
“M-mmm…” – Matt couldn’t say anything.
"Bless you" he kissed him again.

Matt was thanking God that Jim couldn't see his face, which was probably as red as a poppy. He sighed slowly. His heart was pounding. Why was Jim so adorable? He tried to imagine it was because he was sick. Yes, that was the fever. You couldn't just...Being attracted that much to...A guy. It was Jim...No, whatever. He was not thinking straight. But then again, he was never thinking straight, as Lizzie often told him.

Matthew was falling in love. Hard.

11 minutes ago, Lily said:

"Matthew Hatfield, I'm falling in love with you" he muttered.

Matt seemed to be sleeping soundly.

"'Like...Hard." added Jim with a tiny smile.

Omggggggggggg this is so cute! J'adore à fond ❤️ I keep jumping on this thread every time you update lol

8 hours ago, Lily said:

Jim smiled, first a little smile then his usual big charismatic smile.

"Hey, you don't have the permission to smile at me like this" teased Matt.
"Oh do I need it?"
"Stop right now or…" – gosh he did wanted to kiss him.
“Or what?” asked Jim with his damn cute smile.

Matt couldn't kiss him. He lay down abruptly and covered his face with his blanket.

"Please stop that's just torture"

Jim had a cute laugh.

"Ok, so you're hiding now?

They are everything<3

This is my current life force. Seriously, your updates instill new life, warm my heart, and renew all my romantic dreams. I am so happy that you update so quickly, otherwise I think I would wither and die without this to sustain me. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your characters and beautiful story with us. 

On 5/17/2023 at 12:02 PM, Not Telling said:

I am a sappy sucker for slow burn mutual pining and m/m pairings. All the emotional build up and angst just hits me every time. I am rather partial to the "enemies to friends to lovers" trope. So this story is totally right up my alley and hitting all my gushy buttons.

Same same same same!! I was so happy I found this today! As a swimmer and notoriously stubborn person myself, I’m particularly partial to the lovely Matt, but I have to admit I’m excited to see Jim catch that dreadful cold! @Lily dear you are a phenomenal writer, and I can’t wait to see what comes next ❤️ 

I swear, you guys are the cutest. Thanks for all the love. 🥰

@Femiline77 stop je rougis là 🤭

@Dream Moon I could literally imagine they two arguing and torturing themselves with a kiss, also Matt doing such a childlish thing is so fun to write

@Not Telling wow you're so sweet thank you very much. I know how frustrating it is to wait, I try my best. Also I think I neeed this story too ? I had a rough time in my life recently, and I needed something to comfort me. Matt & Jim are there for it too I guess. I'm so happy to know that it can bring joy to others. ❤️

@All Time No omg that's so funny ! oh don't worry for Jim, a lot of things are planned 🤭 thanks, your comment was so sweet, I hope you'll love the following part

funfact : this chapter takes place in one night, which is actually the time it took to write it, I hope you will like it, it's one of my fav (lovers of angst and fluff, this is especially for you)

profitez bien les amis,

Lily

CHAPTER 8 – AN INTENSE NIGHT

Jim was sitting on the bed, legs stretched out. He was reading a book that Matt seemed to have started reading few days ago. They were both avid readers and shared their books with no problem, as they both read super fast and were both respectful of the books. Jim was really a book nerd, which Matt founded very, very attractive. And the opposite was quite true. As he was reading, Jim realized it was getting dark. He didn't want to turn on the light so Matt could rest. He sighed softly and turned slightly to Matt. He slept with his mouth slightly open, sniffling softly. Jim smiled and closed his eyes, his head leaning on the headboard.

He was awakened half an hour later by a light knock on his legs. Jim opened his eyes, rubbed them gently, and turned. Matt fidgeted. He was still sleeping but his eyes were moving under his lids, his face was agitated, as if he was in pain. Jim sat up, worried. Should he wake him up or…Matt started mumbling and moaning.

“No…N-nno don’t…won’t…”

Concerned, Jim ran his hand over Matt's forehead gently, flipping his pretty curls back. He was burning up.

“Matt?” he asked with a soft voice.
"N-no please…Please…Stay…" – Matt kept whispering, sounded like he was crying.
"Matt, I'm here…Just…" – Jim squeezed Matt's shoulder gently - "Wake up !"

Matt jumped up and sat up so quickly he nudged Jim in the chin. He let out a kind of choked breath, and besides, he was breathing heavily, as if he was out of breath. He was shaking. Jim turned on the small dim light on the bedside table.

Matt had bright eyes, very pale complexion. He was sweating, he looked completely lost.

"Matt?" asked Jim, still a bit worried, but understanding Matt had a bad dream.

Matt turned to Jim. His eyes shone with fever, but Jim sensed there was something else.

"Calm down Matthew…You were sleeping. It was a dream." – he was worried but tried to hiding it, cause he wanted to help Matt calming himself.
"No I…I…I saw my…She was…" – Matt stopped talking, as he had trouble breathing and felt like he was going to cry like a child. And for him, right now, in front of Jim, that was impossible.
"Hey, it was only a dream, breath please" – said Jim, and after a little hesitation, he squeezed Matt's shoulder gently again. His hand slid to the back of Matt’s neck, which stiffened for a moment under his fingers.

Matt lowered his head, concentrating. He tried breathing normally again. Then he looked up. Jim was there. Jim. Reassuring presence. So calm, with his low and deep voice. He was at home. Why was he having trouble breathing? Ah yes, he had a cold. But… But his mother… She was there, with him, on this cliff, in front of the ocean. It was so real. He felt the sea wind and... And he saw his mother coming dangerously from the shore as he tried to get her back to safety. And…Matt shivered. A tear filled his sky-blue eye and rolled down his cheek. Another stormed his green eye and in turn rolled down his cheek. He wiped his cheeks in a hurried, trembling motion. But the tears wouldn't stop. He stifled a sob, bringing his hand to his mouth.

"S-s-sorry" he moaned, fighting back the sobs.
"Oh Matt, it's ok…" – Jim whispered, wanted so bad to hug him.
"No I-I" – but he bursted into tears and couldn't finish his sentence.

Jim felt his heart sink.

Seeing Matt cry was the worst thing he had seen in a long time. He wanted to console him, reassure him. He approached very slowly and took him in his arms. Matt punched him lightly in the chest, as if to push him away, but his grip loosened. He couldn't fight. He leaned against Jim and wept softly in Jim's arms.

"Let it go" whispered Jim, upset to see Matt in such sadness.

Matt cried for five long minutes, hiding his face on Jim's chest. Jim could feel the tears soaking his shirt but he obviously didn't care. He gently stroked Matt's back and kissed his hair. Matt slowly calmed down, sniffling lightly and trying to quiet the kind of hiccups you get after crying violently.

"I'm sniff s-sorry"
"Don't be" – said softly Jim.
"I…I had this horrible dream I couldn’t sniff woke up I…"

He let out a small sob and hid his face in his hands. Jim kissed him on the forehead, moved.
“Don’t worry, it happens…”
"I never cry" said Matt like he was defending himself.
"Everybody cry" frowned Jim.
"Not me" said Matt stubbornly.
"It's not a weakness, it's called being human." said Jim firmly but with a gently tone in his voice.
"I…I d-dreamed about my mom sniff...It was..." - he shivered "Can I have a ugh…Tissue please ? Sniff !"
"Of course love" – Jim didn't even notice he called him love, it was just purely instinctive, as he took a tissue and gave it to Matt, who buried his face in it, blew his nose and dried his cheeks and eyes with it.
"Thanks. I'm so sorry"
“Matt stop apologizing” – murmured Jim.
"It's the fever, I...I never cry like that" – he shivered a bit.

Jim bit his lip.

“Well maybe you should cry more.”

Matt looked up. His eyes looked greener and bluer than ever, their colors coming out with tears and fever. He frowned lightly.

"You miss your mom. Crying about her is...Perfectly alright. It's normal." added Jim in his usual soothing voice, which sounded more tender than usual, if that was possible.
"Please don't…"
"I understand, Matt. I don't…See you as weak as you think ok?" said Jim, fixing his eyes in Matt’s.
"I know." – Matt said, but not really believing him.
"Actually you're probably one of the strongest person I know."
"You're just…Saying that" murmured Matt, who couldn't understand why Jim was so sweet with him.
"No I'm not. I always saw you as this proud, talented, bright guy. Even before we met."
"O-ok." – Matt looked down, sniffling slightly.
"And even though it pained me to see you so sad, I'm reassured to know that it can come out. That you don't lock everything in there" – as he said this words he put his hand against Matt's heart.

It beated fast and hard. Matt put his hand against Jim's. He frowned softly, sniffed a bit and hesitated.

"So you don't think I'm just a big crybaby?"
"Of course not. You know what ? I think I’m so sorry to didn't had the chance to meet your mother, she must had been such an an amazing person" – Jim said, and it was so sincere that Matt felt a wave of warmth embrace him, as if Jim had said the most beautiful thing that he be. He was so grateful he couldn’t even talk. Jim always knew what words to say, and it even didn’t seemed like he was aware of it.

Matt smiled and a tear ran down his cheek.

"No…Jeez s-sorry…"

He wiped it off with his free hand, turning his face slightly, hiding.

"Stop apologizing. Look at me…" - asked softly Jim.
"I c-c-can't I…I…I haa….Have…To sneezeeeee-EEEEETSSSHIEW!"
"Bles…"
"Nuh…Not done…Eh…EHT-SHEEEW! Huh…Hhh…Ha…HAaaaaAAApchhIIIEW! Ha…Haaatttssshiiiu!"
"Bless…"
"He-he-HE-HE? HeeeEEEtssssHHHEEEW! Sniff! Jeez sorry…"

With each of his sneezes he had squeezed Jim's hand a little, a pure physical reflex but which had made Jim's heart beat a little faster.

"Bless you" – Jim had a cute smile and gave him another tissue.
"Thanks."

Matt blew his nose. Now he was tired again. His crying had emptied him. He looked down at his hand, his fingers intertwined with Jim's, and smiled a little. Then he suddenly realized something strange.

"It's late. How come your still there?"
"I wanted to. Do you want me to leave?"
"I was rather hoping, in a very selfish way, that you'll stay there."

Jim stroked Matt's hand with his thumb. He smiles shyly.

"Fine by me."
"You're definetely going to catch this cold. Please sleep in the guest's room." - he said, worried about Jim now.
"M-mm…"

Jim leaned forward and rested his forehead against Matt's. With his free hand he caressed his feverish cheeks.

"You still feverish damn it."
"Is that why you're touching me? Jim, back off" - Matt said with a weak voice, because he felt very attracted to Jim at the moment. The fact that Jim stayed, looked after him, didn't seem panicked by his tears at all, didn't bother him. It was even surprising. He liked it. He felt like Jim was the most understanding person ever. To Matt, he was already the most interesting person ever. But now he discovered a side of caring and affection he had never imagined. And also, that he never thought he could love in someone. Jim was a very special person.
"I really love…This moment between us. I’m feeling so close to you right now, it’s…It’s so rare I never felt this way actually. I don't regret anything. I don't care if I catch your cold." Jim whispered, his lips close to Matt's.

Matt felt his heart speed up. Boy, Jim did know how to speak to him. He was so attracted to him right now, despite the fever, the nightmare…

"D-d-d-don't...I'm gonna sneeze again, I can feel it..."
"Bless you in advance then" murmured Jim with more or less indifference.

And he kissed him. Softly, quickly, with a tender smile. Matt blushed a bit. Then his nose twitched a little.

"Uh…Uh…Oh no…"

Jim pulled his face away but then took Matt in his arms to hug him. Matt was surprised by it, and felt all of the little control he still had flew away. Matt sneezed freely, his chest against Jim's. Jim could feel the strength of each of them and had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from moaning.

"UUUH-PSSSHIEW! HehHhhhhhCHOO! EhTchu-iTCHOO! Ehhh-EHHH-EHHCKSHIEW! J-Jim…You idi…Id…IiiiIIIITSHIIIUH! You idiot!"

Jim laughed a little, undid his embrace.

"Sorry I couldn't stop myself. Bless you."
"Whatever" said Matthew, who was having a hard time suppressing his smile - "Tish…Tish…TISShhhSSHEW! Sorry, tissue please."

Jim gave him a tissue. Matt blew his nose. He looked tired.

"And for the last one, you're not going to blessing me?"

Jim blushed, as talking about sneezing with someone was sometimes a weird experience to him. He felt so self-conscious ! It was even worse with Matt, who was always talking about mostly everything with a natural tone. Especially with the sneezing.

"What?"
"I did notice" – Matt said after blowing his nose again - "That you're blessing me everytime I sneeze. So I'm kinda surprised when you don't. But you know, if I can reassure you it's so rare to be blessed that much, I mean, most of my friends gave up on the idea."
"Well...He…I…" – babbled Jim, kinda confused and blushing.
"Easy there, I'm just teasing" - Matt says, giving him a little punch in the shoulder.

And he coughed a little bit, covering himself in doing so.

"You should get some sleep now" – said Jim gently.
"Yes…Probably." – Matt couldn't tell him but he was afraid he'd start having nightmares again.

He lay down after drinking some water. Jim did not move. Matt frowned.

"You can go to your room...Ehm the guest room, I mean." - and he blushed a little because of the mistake.
"I'll let you fall asleep and then I will. Just in case"
"I'm not a kid, you don't have to watch me like a mom I…" – but Matt stopped short, closing his eyes.
"Hey there" said Jim, softly caressing Matt's hair.
"I like when you do that" muttered Matt "Brushing my hair. You did that a lot tonight, and I liked that." – he confessed, keeping his eyes closed.

Jim smiled. Matt was so cute when he said nice, honest things to him.

"Jim?"
"Yes?"
"Thanks for being here. I'm such a mess ugh..."
"Of course not. I like being there with you."
"Are you still thinking of me as a challenge?"

Jim remembered. The first night in the apartment. Their bickering. Their reconciliation. The fact that he told Matt that he was certainly annoying but that he liked a challenge. That Matt remembered it surprised him. Matt still had his eyes closed. And Jim, despite his confusion, continued to stroke his hair.

"No, I don't think of you as a challenge."
"I wouldn't mind you know."
"I think of you as someone very dear to me."

Matt had a serious face. Even though his eyes were closed, all his senses were on alert.

"You know I am too?" asked Matt.

Jim felt his heart melt.

"Oh I...I'm glad you are too."
"And it's not the fever talking. Just so you know"
"I know" chuckled Jim nervously.
"Like I...If I close my eyes it's just because I was nervous to tell you, I didn't know why though, cause it's the plain truth."
"Oh Matt…" murmured Jim, melting at his sweetness, and he kissed him on the forehead, making Matt smiled.
"I'm so glad you stayed my dear Jim..."
"Me too. Now try to sleep."
"Cute way to say shut up." said Matt, amused.
"You know it's not." laughed softly Jim.
“Whatever…’Night…” Matt yawned.
"And sorry I did miss one so…Bless you love" Jim muttered smiling.

Matt was already half asleep, but he smiled. Jim was so adorable right now, he didn't understand how he hadn't melt from it yet. He could felt Jim’s fingers on his curls and it was probably the softest thing ever. Calming. Reassuring. He felt perfectly fine now, despite the fever. Jim did not stop. He looked at Matt face, loving every details of it. He could stared at him all night long. He didn’t care. He wanted Matt to feel peaceful again. And it worked.

They stayed like this a long time. And Matt finally felt asleep.

Matt woke up for the first time sneezing loudly "APPXXCHIEW! AP-SSSHIIIEW!" standing up with one hand covering his mouth and nose, calling Jim in a sleepy voice "Jim I…I s-s-s-sneezed…Huh-HaaAAAAPPPSHIIIIUH ! I sneezed...Sorry..."

Jim had to hold back his laughter Matt was so adorable - "Yeah you sure did. Don't worry, it's ok. Here” – he gave him a handkerchief - “Bless you” he added in a whisper. Matt blew his nose and fell back against the bed.

"Thank you" he whispered, closing his eyes again.

Jim resumed his gentle caresses while watching Matt go back to sleep. Matt coughed a little. Then he fell asleep again. Jim covered a slight yawn. He was starting to get tired too. But he would much rather watch Matt than go to sleep. Half an hour later, Matt cut a slight shiver in his sleep and…"APPPSHTTTIIIEW! Ah-AHPSSSHIEW! Eh-Eh-PSSSHIUUUU-Uh…" – Matt barely cut the strength to cover his big sneezes, all asleep he was and Jim felt a light warm spray on his arm. He shivered slightly.

“J-Jim…” – Matt said weakly, not realizing he had sneezed on Jim's arm.
"Take it. "

Matt patted Jim's wrist lightly before finding his hand in the dark and grabbing a tissue into which he buried a very long sneeze "Huh-HUUUHIIIITTSSSSSHIIIIIEEEEW- Huh…S-ssorry…".
"Don't be. Here, take a bit of water" - Jim helped Matt up so he could drink some water.

Matt had barely taken a sip when he sneezed again, a very wet sneeze and slightly higher pitched than usual, probably from fatigue "Huh-HUHTISSSSSHIIIIUH! Uh…Sniff !"
"Bless you love"
"I think…I'm done now…" Matt muttered exhausted, and he blew his nose one last time, sneezing a little "Huuh-Huh-pchiiiiew!" before collapsing half on the bed, half on Jim.
"And…Bless you" said softly Jim, hugging him gently before placing him properly back in his bed and tucking him in.

Then Matt felt asleep for good. Jim watched him slept a long time. And then he felt really sleepy too. He took off his shoes but didn't dare take off the rest. He took a blanket that was lying on an armchair and wrapped himself in it, before sitting down in the armchair near the bed. He wanted Matt to be able to be quiet and have all the space. He looked at him for a long time, struggling against sleep.

He remembered when he was little and couldn't fall asleep. He was playing a game where he was in the army, his toys being his army and him captain, the colonel snoring in the next room, or so he claimed when his father, who in real life was really colonel, was sleeping. Jim had to watch over his army of toys, trying to be as discreet as possible so as not to wake his parents. The goal was to hold out as long as possible. Jim always loved the challenges. Also, perhaps because he had always had a very lonely childhood, Jim, in addition to leading his toy army, had an imaginary friend, Solal, with blond hair and blue, almost green eyes, who was of the lower grade , and that he had to protect at all costs, Solal being very brave but having the unpleasant habit of falling asleep after a long fight.

Smiling in his chair, Jim thought he'd had the odd opportunity to repeat the experience as an adult. His fight was all the same much more interesting. And Solal was real. It was even better, because it was Matthew Hatfield. His adorable Matt, who slept so peacefully despite his cold that Jim could hardly keep himself from closing his eyes. He ends up doing it much later, beaten down by fatigue.

I just want to tell you how impressed I am that you keep managing to roll these chapters out so quickly with losing any of the quality. Each one is cuter than the last, and I am blown away by your talent! This segment was absolutely adorable! Jim is just the sweetest guy, and I just wanna squish him haha! I love the bit about the toys in Jim’s past at the end and how he connected it to Matt

6 hours ago, Lily said:

Matt felt his heart speed up. Boy, Jim did know how to speak to him. He was so attracted to him right now, despite the fever, the nightmare…

"D-d-d-don't...I'm gonna sneeze again, I can feel it..."
"Bless you in advance then" murmured Jim with more or less indifference.

And he kissed him. Softly, quickly, with a tender smile. Matt blushed a bit. Then his nose twitched a little.

"Uh…Uh…Oh no…"

Jim pulled his face away but then took Matt in his arms to hug him. Matt was surprised by it, and felt all of the little control he still had flew away. Matt sneezed freely, his chest against Jim's. Jim could feel the strength of each of them and had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from moaning.

"UUUH-PSSSHIEW! HehHhhhhhCHOO! EhTchu-iTCHOO! Ehhh-EHHH-EHHCKSHIEW! J-Jim…You idi…Id…IiiiIIIITSHIIIUH! You idiot!"

Jim laughed a little, undid his embrace.

"Sorry I couldn't stop myself. Bless you."
"Whatever" said Matthew, who was having a hard time suppressing his smile - "Tish…Tish…TISShhhSSHEW! Sorry, tissue please."

Oh là là. J'ai la banane quand je lis ça. This just gets better and better. I'm glad these characters are giving you solace and I'm sorry that you've had rough times lately. I can't thank you enough for sharing your marvelous and vulnerable characters with us. I hope they continue to serve you well. I certainly will be reveling in them. ❤️

I love this story so much💘

When is Jim gonna tell Matt that he has a thing for sneezes? :0

thank you everyone, as always your sweets comments made me blushed 🤭 but like Matt, I do blush easily 

On 5/23/2023 at 7:09 PM, All Time No said:

I just want to tell you how impressed I am that you keep managing to roll these chapters out so quickly with losing any of the quality. Each one is cuter than the last, and I am blown away by your talent! This segment was absolutely adorable! Jim is just the sweetest guy, and I just wanna squish him haha! I love the bit about the toys in Jim’s past at the end and how he connected it to Matt

Thank you, I do take bus & subways a lot these days, so I have time to write a lot in there &t I'm driven by the story, I feel like it's written itself haha
about Jim's past ; I did have imaginary friends as a kid so it's a bit autobiographical haha, but I did find it cute to relating it with Matt, Jim is such a cute romantic guy 🤭 

On 5/23/2023 at 7:30 PM, Not Telling said:

Oh là là. J'ai la banane quand je lis ça. This just gets better and better. I'm glad these characters are giving you solace and I'm sorry that you've had rough times lately. I can't thank you enough for sharing your marvelous and vulnerable characters with us. I hope they continue to serve you well. I certainly will be reveling in them. ❤️

and j'ai la banane quand je lis ton commentaire ❤️ thank you for the love

On 5/23/2023 at 10:01 PM, Dream Moon said:

When is Jim gonna tell Matt that he has a thing for sneezes? :0

I'm thinking about it...

here's the next chapter, have fun 🤗

i know I had writing it, especially the phone part 🤭

Lily

CHAPTER 9 - SHARING

Matt woke up a few hours later. He didn't have such a sore throat anymore. The head was painful but it passed. It was especially his nose that was in poor condition. He felt completely stuffed up and as he blew his nose with all his might he felt that there was still a lot inside. He saw Jim in a very uncomfortable position on the chair. If he hadn't been so sick he would have jumped into her arms as he was melting in front of this sweet vision. He got out of bed after putting his clothes under his sheets like an embarrassed teenager and left the room. He stretched, cracking his joints. A pale sun tickled his nose as he entered the living room.

"Eh...EhEeeEEE-HeTiSsssSsSsSSSSHIIIIEW!"

He blew his nose fast to avoid sneezing again but he had to let them a couple more to liberating his tickling nose.

"Huh...Huh... HuhUuuuh-TISHEW! Ah...HhhH... AAAaAaAAArchOO! Heh...Huh-huh-huh-Haaaat? Ha-ha..... HA-HAHA-HHH-ISHU Oh shut up." - he sighed.

He blew his nose again.

"Wow that was snotty."

He tried to clean a bit the living room, took some pills and then walked to the bathroom to take a shower. He knew he was going to have a fit in there with the steam. So he had to be quick and discreet otherwise with the echo he risked waking James. He put his fingers under his nose but it was terrible to have to hold back. Sneezing had at least the merit of relieving this unpleasant irritation for a few seconds. He stifled a couple – "Hutssssh-! Oh…Uh…Huh-pssshiew-Oh…Hupshieeew !" - and then sneezed his head off in the towel hoping it will covered the sound – "EPSSSHIEW! HAH-HA-HAAaaaaAAAATISSSHIEW! TSSSSHIEW! ARCHOO ! HA-TISHIIIIEW ! SHIEW ! Shit…"

He blew his nose again. It was slightly swollen. But he could breathe better. It wouldn't last long but that was it. He dressed in another soft jogger and a chunky turtleneck sweater. Then he put the water to heat to make a tea. But all that effort made him tired so he plopped down on the couch.

Jim woke up. The sound of the shower woke him up. Then he'd heard Matthew sneeze, and he'd smiled, shivering slightly in pleasure, then he'd wide awake, still a little worried about Matt's health. He yawned slightly and ran a hand through his hair.

Oh right. He was at Matt's place. He smiled slightly despite his aching body and stiff neck. He got up, stretched but the pain persisted in his upper back. He walked almost shyly into the living room to see Matt half-lying on the couch.

"Hey."

Matt turned and his face lit up when he saw Jim.

"Oh hey"
"How do you feel?"
"Better. Just really sneezy."

Jim approached a couch and put his hand on Matt's forehead. The fever seemed to have dropped. He smiles.

"You're not hot."
"Hey that's mean!" said Matt in a dramatic way.

Jim laughed a bit. Jeez, did he ever stop sometimes? Always have to be witty. He stretched, his back cracking slightly, making him wince a little.

"You should have slept in the guest room Jim. The armchair is just torture." – Matt said reproachfully.
"I wanted to be near you just in case" - answered Jim with a light tone.

He rested his hand on Matt's forehead, as if checking his temperature again, when it was actually very obvious that it was for the sole reason that it was a pleasant touch.

"Well that's sweet" murmured Matt, feeling appeased with Jim - "Really stupid but sweet".

Jim smiled.

"I put some water on to boil but I'm very lazy. You can..."
"I'm going" smiled Jim.

In a few moves he had made the tea and unearthed some cakes for breakfast. He put everything on the same Berber tray he used last night and brought me to Matthew.

"ThaaAA-xxChIIEw! Sorry. Thanks."
"Bless you."
"Thanks. Oh you..."
"What?"
"Nuh-uh....It's just...You did take that tray yesterday too." Matt noticed.
"Sorry I shouldn't have?" said Jim, a bit worried.
"No no it's just..."
"Matt tell me."
"Why did you pick that one?" asked Matt curiously.
"It was my favorite of the lot" simply answered Jim.
"I see" Matt smiled.
"But why?"
"It was my mom's favorite too."

Jim simply smiled. He was touched, but didn't know how much more touched Matt was than him. He had a lot of trays, some of them were more beautiful or practical. The fact that Jim loved the same as his mother was charming him. Matt took a sip of tea.

"Mmm...That's nice. Thanks Jim."
"You're welcome."

Matt looked at Jim for a long time. Jim held her gaze, slightly troubled. But he liked watching Matt.

"Oh Jim" realized Matt "You're going to be late for work."
"No."
"Ehm…Yes? It's already 9." - said Matt with a mocking tone.
"I know. It's just…There was a flood. We all resume on Monday."
"Oh no…I have to call Liz…"
"Don't worry. I already asked her if everything was ok. Like…Your works and the other's are fine."

Matt looked amused for a minute, but then said:

"Ok. Great. But I want to call my friend…‘Cause you know, Liz is my friend."
"Oh yes of course" murmured Jim, a bit embarrassed.

He wanted to do so well that he ended up doing too much. Jeez that sounded annoying. Matt stood up, put his mug on the tray. He picked up his phone and typed in Liz's name. As he did, he saw Jim's shoulders drop, like he was feeling a bit shameful or sad. He squeezed one of his shoulders with one hand and placed a quick kiss in Jim's dark hair. Jim relaxed. Matt didn't seem to blame him.

"Hey Liz? It's me."
"Matt ! How are you?"
"Better thanks. Do I miss to anyone at work?" he asked, turning and winking at Jim.

Jim stifled a laugh into his fist.

"By anyone you mean Jim?"

Matt blushed. Well he didn't see that one coming. He cleared his throat.

"Ehm…What do you mean Lizzie dearest ?"
"Oh I don't know. I figured you liked him better since…Let's say, three weeks maybe?"
"J-jeez Liz…" stammered Matt, red as a poppy.
"Don't worry I find it cute."

Matt rolled his eyes. He was glad he didn't put the phone in speaker mode.

"Wait, Matt you don't have anything to say? That's so rare I'm shocked." laughed Lizzie.

"How are everyone then?" asked Matt, trying to avoid the subject.
"Like you care."
"Come on I'm not that insensitive" protested Matt.
"You don't really like people Matt."
"What?"

Jim was drinking his tea. He was thinking how it would be nice to spend the day here. Well, if Matt agreed. Matt who was walking in the living room, slipping his hand in his curls and then abruptly rubbing his nose with his index finger, his face a little closed. Jim was watching him, trying not to look too fascinated. Matt was particularly irresistible when he tried to control his sneezes. He found a handkerchief and reached for it, but Matt seemed to ignore it.

"Plus I can't tell you anything Matt, as the office is close." - said Lizzie on the phone.
"The office is close?" repeated Matt, playing the surprise and making a wink at Jim again, a cute smile on his face, but his nostrils began to quiver more and more.
"Yes, we will probably reopen on Monday. Do you think it will be ok for you ?"
"Sur…uh…Uh…hhhh-HA-ATSSSHI-EHM! He…Ha…Oh…AP-CHIEEEW-Uh…Ha…Hhh…Ha…HA-HEPPPSSSHIU! Oh…" – he tried to cover them the best as he could but also to be as far away as possible from Jim who could still see Matt's body bend under the power of his sneezes.

Matt moaned gently, rubbing his nose delicately.

"Matt honey, you don't sounds better to me. Plus I'm sure you're spraying everything in your living room. You'll never get better at this rate."
"I don't…" started to protest Matt but then "HAAAA-AAATSSSHIU-oh…"

A hand on his nose and mouth, he quickly approached Jim to take the handkerchief from his hands and blow his nose with relief. Jim had just had time to see a little clear liquid shining on his still quivering nostrils.

"Bless you" he whispered.
"Tha-aaa-aaaaAAA-AAATTTSSSHIIIIU-uh….Eh….Oh-ARSSSHOOO ! sniff ! Thanks."
“To who do you say thanks you?” Lizzie asked suddenly.

Jeez. He had almost forgotten about Lizzie. Matt froze, looked at Jim who was looking at him tenderly.

“To…You?” he tried.
"Matt, you're not alone ?" – Lizzie's voice sounded like she was on the point of giggling.
"Of course I'm alone who else do you want me to be with?" – and Matt wordlessly mouthed "I'm sorry" in Jim's direction.

Jim raised his eyebrows, heart pounding.

"Gee, I don't know…Maybe this tall guy…You know…Like…His a fest to the eyes…Raven-hair…Hazel eyes…Cheekbones you feel like you could cut yourself on it…Way too sweet for you, funny and polite…So clever you caught a headache trying to keep the rhythm…In a word really your kind…"

Now Matt blushed.

"S-stop Lizzie. You sound straight"
"Hey don't try to insult me!" she mocked.

Matt didn't want to make Jim uncomfortable. He wasn't out at work yet. He didn't want to embarrass hiù. He was trying to figure out how to get rid of Lizzie's interrogation when a sneeze took him by surprise. And then three more.

"EH-ATSSSHU! EEEHTSHOO! Eh…Eh…EH-ATSHUUU! ATCHOO…Ah…ATSSSH-Ah-Ah-AAATSSSHIEW!"

Jim stood up, kissed Matt on the cheek and whispered in his ear.

"Bless you." – and then "Hey Lizzie".

Lizzie laughed. Matt was turning crimson. But he was happy and relieved. And very proud of Jim. Jim who had just come out to his best friend. And his boss. And he was feeling so weird, as a tickling sensation took all of his body. He smiled stupidly at Jim, completely charmed.

"Matt? I will leave the two of you alone now. Take care, don't sneeze on him, I need him and you on good health Monday 'kay?"
"'Kay" murmured Matt, trying to calm his drumming heartbeat.
"And Matt ?"
"Yes ?"
"James Cooper ? Very, very good choice."
"I know right…" he whispered, almost giggling like a teenager, looking at Jim who was standing a few meters away, not knowing at all what was happening, just being charming as always.

He hung up.

"Lizzie knows" he said stupidly.
"Right" said Jim, who couldn't hide his smile.
"That's...Ok with you?" - he was still a bit concerned, as he didn't want to put pressure on Jim.
“Of course it is.”, answered Jim softly.

Matt felt his heart skip a beat. His smile froze, his face twitching for a brief moment before completely relaxing as he sneezed.

"Huh-Hu-HUTISSSHeeeeEEEW! Jee-eee-EEETEESHIEW! Ah…AhssSSHOO-ARCHOO! ATSHIIEW!"
"Bless you" immediately said Jim.
"Thank you" Matt said, in a breathy way as he was still trying to receive from this little yet powerful fit.

He blew his nose.

"You don't even jump now, you're so used of my sneezes it's not even fu-uh..Huh, it's stuck."

Jim felt so concious of himself he tried to look quiet, but inside he was getting agitated.
“Well you do sneeze a lot. But I never jumped !” he frowned a little.
"Oh yes you did, at the office…You were talking with Jason, so professionally and intensely, it was cute, and I almost sneezed on you. You jumped." Matt smiled mockingly, blowing his nose softly again.
"Well if you didn't have this nasty habit of appearing out of nowhere behind me, I might jump less!" Jim replied.
"It's so funny" Matt continued with a mischievous smile, "Cause like you're so tall and impressive, I love the idea of me scaring you"
"You do not scare me! At least…" he hesitated.
"What…" Matt moved a little closer to Jim.
"Last night I was a bit…Worried I guess." - confessed Jim, feeling his heart skipped a bit as Matt was coming close.
"Really? Why?" – and then Matt remembered the feverish night and the nightmare - "Oh…"

He felt a bit embarrassed and took a sip of tea. Trying to keep his hands busy. Jim approached him now.

"Don't worry I don't…Don't do that often" murmured Matt, still trying to avoid eye-contact with Jim.
"Well you can't control this" Jim softly said, brushing Matt's hand with his fingertips.
"I know but like…I try not to wake people when I have nightmares…" – he didn't look at Jim but his fingers crossed Jim's fingers.
"Matt I-I was talking about the fever."

Matt looked up into Jim's, realizing.

"Oh. Oh! Yeah right."
"I know you can't control your dreams either."
"I did wake you up, it was…Not very nice of me."
"Shut up. I'm there for this."
"No ! You're not here to babysit me!"

Jim shook his head gently, brought Matt's entwined hand back to his, and kissed him with infinite tenderness.

"Well then, try to think about why I am here."

Matt blushed slightly. Who did this kid of things? Like…kissing hands? Especially of a sick person like him. He felt he was in another dimension. That couldn't be reality. Not his reality.

"O-ok I'll try." - he whispered, confused and touched.

They went back to their seats and talked about this and that. Then Jim cleared his throat and started.

"I was thinking…Since I can’t back to work…And you’re not going anywhere…I could…Like…Spend the day here?"
"I have another idea" said Matt.

Jim was a little worried. He was about to be fired from Matt. The question was whether he was going to be spared in the process.

"Why don't you stay for the rest of the week?"

Jim's eyes widened. He expected anything but that.

"I…I…"
"Ok sorry, maybe it was a bit…" frowned Matt, on the defensive.
"No I want it! I mean…"
"You don't have to" said Matt.
"Matt, I want it too. I'll just have to take some stuff at my place, okay?"
"Oh yes sure."
"And I have to leave Saturday morning, I have a friend who come for the weekend."
"No problem" - why did he was talking so fast ? He really wanted Jim to stay.
"Okay then" Jim felt way too happy, he got up, approached Matt and kissed him.

Matt pushed him away a few seconds later.

"J-James Cooper, you're crazy…Stop with the kissing you're going to catch it."

Jim smiled. The smile Matt loved, the tiny, on the side smile.

"Then watch me, cause I don't plan to stop."

And he kissed him again before leaving.

"Don't move and eat something, I'm coming back!" and Jim left.

Matt felt butterflies in his chest. He crashed into the couch, grinning like an idiot.

"He is so...Oh...Uh...UPSSSSHIEW! ATTSHIIIEW ! Snirrrff ! Ok, let's blow this freakin' nose."

Ahhh such a cute update! Jim is just the sweetest little guy! Fantastic job as always!

Oh I am absolutely loving this!  They are so adorable!  

Oh la vache!! HJGXHGHFDHKJFDSLKJFSDJKLFDSJKLFADS!!!! 

Okay, now that I have adequately recovered I will put a real comment other than just a keyboard smash. This is such an incredible update Lily. The way you wrote Jim coming out to Lizzie is so *chef's kiss*. I love how Matt was trying to respect his privacy and not out him before he was ready and then Jim just casually walks over, shares an intimate blessing with Matt and then speaks into the phone, revealing that he was there, even though on the inside he was probably so anxious. My bleeding heart for gay love passed out and hasn't started breathing again. I also love how Matt talks to himself. These characters are just amazing. The sneezing is glorious. The cuteness and affection! I will never get enough of reading this. ❤️ 

salut salut !

Thank you again for your kinds comments, now I have a question for you : do you think Jim is going to catch Matt's cold ? 🤭

next chapter is coming tomorrow or monday, as I wrote it at the same time as this one (but it was too big so I had to cut)

@Not Telling you're so kind thank you for this sweet comment. I love them so much I feel they're reel now that's crazy. Jim is the sweetest guy ever, I wish I could have a friend like him, attentive and patient as hell. Matt is actually based on a friend of mine haha (actually I'm starting to think my Matt should met his own Jim now...) I love this kind of comments, thank you so much ❤️

enjoy,

Lily

CHAPTER 10 – PEPPER & CUTE TIMES

Matt waited what felt like an eternity. He nibbled a little, put the apartment in order, finished a book and took some pills. Then he took a hot shower. He pulled on jeans and a shirt, shivering slightly. He then put on a white sweater. Unsure of the outcome, he tried to towel dry his curls when the door knocked.

He went to open the door. Jim was finally here! He had taken a shower too, his hair seemed darker with the humidity.

"Hey"
"Hey" smiled Matt, rubbing hair with the towel.
"You're going to ruin you're curls like this" Jim protested, almost shocked at the way Matt was making sudden movements, smashing his beautiful curls.

Matt shrugged and let Jim in. Jim watched a drop fall from Matt's hair into the back of his neck, making him shiver. Jim gritted his teeth. Matt was definitely not making any effort to take care of himself. He put his plastic bags on the ground and grabbed the towel.

"Let me do it, you are killing your curls."
"But I have to hurry, I'm cold" Matt protested, shivering a little, turning to Jim.

Jim gently dried Matt's hair. His strong, thin-fingered hands were so soft and Matt couldn't help but shiver, more pleasure than cold. He looks at Jim.

" How are you feeling ? Jim asked kindly.
"You already asked me earlier" said Matt, in a mocking tone, "Do you really think that my state could have changed drastically in the meantime? Hey! No need to pull my hair!" he protested.
"Sorry, I didn't mean that" - but Jim had a small smile on the side.
"Heartless bully, I'm sick and you're mistreating me, aren't you ashamed?" he exclaimed, blushing.
"I feel very, very ashamed," Jim muttered, concentrating on drying himself off and massaging him, then noticing the rose that had risen to Matt's cheeks after the small moan, he smiled again.

Matt looks at him longingly. He turned away slightly to cough into her elbow.

"I don't really disgust you?" Matt asked, getting lost in Jim's hazel eyes.
"How so ?" frowned Jim, really not understanding what Matt was talking about.
"All sneezy-coughing and…Well a mess." he sighed.
"Of course not."
"You're weird, James Cooper."
"You're a beautiful mess, Matthew Hatfield."

Matt blushed so hard he slightly turned his head away.

"Who talks like that..." he muttered, desperate that Jim was even better at the way he turned his sentences.

He coughed a little more.

"What did you bring?" – asked Matt, trying to change the subject.
"Things to cook."
"You found my cupboards too empty?"
"I want to make something special."
"Mmm? You picked my curiousity."
"There...They're almost dry."
"Oh wait...I have to s...Snee-eeze..."

Jim paused for a moment. Matt turned slightly and sneezed into his elbow.

"Huh... Hut-tssshieem! Huhhhh-HUTSSSHIEW! HUHH-CHOO!"
"Done?" he asked with a shy smile.
"N-no-ope..." said Matt with a distorted voice as he knew another one was coming.
"Yeah, I kinda suspected that..."
"Huh-Hhhh-hhh-HaaaAAAAArTSSHIIIIEW! Wow I..."

His sneeze had echoed so wet and powerful, he wavered slightly and Jim, who noticed it, put his hand on his shoulder, firmly.

"Hey there...Stay with me"
"Sorry. Was kinda dizzy."
"I see that. You wanna sit?" asked Jim, a bit worried.
"No I'm ok." Said Matt, refusing to be vulnerable again.

Jim kept his hand on Matt's shoulder for safety, stroking it gently as he finished drying her hair.

"…Bless you."
"Thanks"

Matt closed his eyes, feeling hurt in so many ways. Jim looked at him and felt himself melt. He couldn't explain why there was some evidence with Matt. They had been seeing each other for a long time, but had recently come to know and appreciate each other. Yet he had never felt so comfortable with anyone. He tried to stay calm and calm. To keep a cool head. Maybe Matt didn't feel exactly the same way, and Jim didn't want to risk losing him.

"Now what if I told you were going to cook some warm delicious and comforting udon" he said in a joyous and light tone.
"Like...Udon is a kind of japanese noodle isn't it?" asked Matt, opening his eyes.
"Matt it's way better than noodles trust me. When I was sick a sweet woman who worked at the garden near our house cooked me this. I swears it's the best when you have a cold"

Jim's enthusiasm carried over to Matt. He liked the idea.

"Okay show me!"

He took his hand and dragged him towards the kitchen. Jim smiled.

"Easy...We have time" he laughed.

And Jim started pulling the ingredients for the udon out of his bags. It was a simple dish but Matt clearly didn't know anything about cooking and Jim had to explain each step to Matt, repeating it almost every time. Matt was fascinated by the Olympian calm of Jim who patiently taught him how to prepare this dish. He was so precise! Military rigor. Except that Jim was adorable and gave him lots of gentle advice. Matt watched as he slipped an ebony lock behind his ear, revealing a small silver stud that pierced his earlobe. He almost cut himself.

"Matt..." Jim said with a small smile to the side as he busied himself.
"Mmm?"
"You're staring love."

Love. That was so cute. Matt blushed a little.

"It's just...I noticed just now that you putted your earring again!"
"Oh...Yes. Do you like it?"
"Loving it. I always knew you had you ear pierced but never saw you with it."
"Well...Thank you. Matt come on cut these!" – said Jim, not impatient but a little embarrassed, Matt's compliments were rare and always took him by surprise.

Matt played with the knife, sliding it between his fingers.

"You know what? You actually make me think of my favorite character from one of my favorite childhood movie"
"You mean "Billy Elliot" ? Careful Matt with the knife..." Jim moaned.
"No silly, before that. One who actually contributed to my gay awakening." - Matt smiled, still playing with the knife.
"Y-yeah?" - Jim was a bit scared with the knife but tried to focus on Matt.
"Howl. From "Howl's Moving Castle" ?"

Jim blushed a bit, and smiled.

"Oh you mean…Hauru ? Really ?" – Jim said the name with the perfect japanese intonation, as he grew up a few years in Japan and did actually saw the movie in the original version.

Matt had a giggle. He always loved japanese language but the fact that Jim knew the correct pronounciation was so attractive.

"Oh my. Loving the accent."

Jim blushed a bit more.

"Stop mocking me…"
"O-oh believe me I'm far from it. But yeah. Blond Howl or…Hauru ? Sorry for the bad pronunciation, was a bit boring. I always preferred his dark-blue hair."
"Well I..."
"Jim you're blushing."
"No I..."
"...And now you're trying to lie" almost sang Matt.
"Ok ok I'm blushing but Matt please stop with this knife it's driving me mad!" Jim begged, putting a hand to his mouth, he was so nervous.

Matt smiled but stopped.

"You're so damn cute when you tried to be all protective, even though there are no risks, you know that?"

And he cut the vegetables. Jim was relieved. It is true that he was protective. Probably too much with Matt. But Matt also seemed to have this natural talent of not taking care of himself and putting himself in danger easily. Jim was still shivering when he remembered the time he had brought Matt back on his motorcycle and when the latter had almost fallen because he had let go of Jim's hip to sneeze.

"Now you can add the pepper" – said Jim, who was busy cutting some herbs.
“Yes chief!” – said Matt with a little military sign.

Jim cringed a bit at this salute but made no comment. Matt was trying to pour the pepper but nothing was falling out. Frowning he patted it impatiently and then slapped it.

"Oops."

A lot of pepper fall down into the pan. Too much. Matt's nose knew before himself.

"Don't be shy with the pepper, it's good" said Jim with an absent voice.
"Oh don't worry I…Shit…I…Hhh…"

Jim heard broken, slightly distorted breaths from Matt who had his hand in front of his nose and mouth. He blinked slowly and took in deep breaths.

"What...Oh jeez Matt..." - he wavered between laughter and concern, and felt the familiar tickle that took over his body as he saw this handsome boy about to sneeze.
"Well I didn't do that on purpose! Huh…Huh…HUP-SSSHIIEW! Plus my…My…My ah…My na…No-nose…Is…Huh…Hhhh! Huh…So…S-sen-eh- eh-eh-ETISSSHIIIEW! Sensitive, sorry."
"Bless you. Well I did take these for you, sorry I forgot" - and Jim fetched some handkerchiefs which he handed to Matt.

Matt was surprised. He had two fingers under his nose and was trying not to sneeze anymore, it was so ridiculous.

"Oh that's...Nice but..."
"Take it"
"AP-ssssSSSSHiew!"
"Bless you."

Matt took the handkerchief and blew his nose with relief.

"That's so soft, relieving and all…Thanks."

Jim smiled.

"They are made for that. Now we continue or…"
"I can't...All this pepper is just...Eh...Eh...Huh...Huh...HuhUuuuh-TISHEW! See!" - Matt looked so frustrated with it.
"Bless you" chuckled Jim. "Here, cut that, I'll take care of the pepper"
"Tha...A...Ahpcheeew! Thanks. Sniff!"

Poor Matt went away from the kitchen. He looked at Jim who was not sneezing, he saw him gently rubbing the bridge of his beautiful right nose for a few seconds without looking embarrassed. Matt crossed his arms and thought. It was a bit silly but he had just realized something.

"That's not fair. Now that I think about it I never see or heard you sneeze when you've seen me sneezing my head-off all the time"
"Nonsense" said Jim but he felt a bit uncomfortable.

Because Jim didn't sneeze much. But...He also hated his own sneezes. Well that wasn't true. He did enjoyed sneezing because of this feeling of relieving. But his father had raised him in a discipline of control and silence. Sneezing under his roof was torture. You always felt like you were disturbing. Jim had almost the same long, straight nose as his father. Very masculine. When his father sneezed it was always very impressive. But poor Jim always had to hold his nose or hide to avoid making noise. He was so ashamed and dreaded his father's remonstrances. It was silly because Jim no longer saw his father. He was an adult. But he hated sneezing in front of anyone. He had the feeling of disturbing. It was all the more paradoxical that he adored people like Matt who sneezed so freely and powerfully. He would have liked to do the same but it was impossible for him.

Matt was thinking but… No, really. He couldn't see. Even for several years working alongside Jim, certainly for a long time he had tried to avoid him, but still, he did not remember having ever seen or heard him sneeze. He insisted.

"Jim I swears. I can't even imagine the sound of your sneezes"
"Ok well...Next time I want to sneeze I give you a call ok?" - he was trying to keep his tone light but felt his shoulders tense.

Matt pouted and moved closer to Jim. He kissed his shoulder then pulled away.

"I shouldn't...Sorry I'm spraying my germs everywhere."
"Do not worry." – Jim grabbed his hand and pulled it against him, gently pushing Matt's curls back - "You seemed in better health, I'm so glad" he murmured, looking at him with tenderness.

Matt nodded but couldn't speak as a gigantic sneeze took him by surprise, distorting his face and making him look confused and surprised for half a second before letting him slip off to the side, close, very close to Jim, "HAAARSHHHIIIIEW! Sniff! Sorry."

"Bless you."

Matt pinched his nose softly and Jim could hear the mess inside. gosh. Matt blew his nose.

"Okay this is going to sound weird but you know, I've never known a guy so undisgusted or even impressed by my sneezing"

Jim kissed him softly on the neck to hide in embarassment.

"I did have an ex though...Who had like...Well I don't know how to put it, but I'm sure that he was liking my sneezes. Like...Liking them you know? Funny isn't it?" said Matt, amused by the memory of it.

Jim blushed so hard it wasn't even funny.

"Oh really?" – it was a whisper, ridiculously being turned on by Matt's talking as he slowly kissed Matt on his neck, then on the cheek, the ear, the hair…
"Heeey-haha-you're tickling me! Jim…Stop c'mon it's not serious…"

Jim looked at him with a smile and said desperately "But I can't!"

Matt rolled his eyes. Then he looked at Jim's nose. Its straight and imposing shape, like the nose of a Greek statue, the David one, he thought, had something of the order of perfection. Innocently, he blinked slightly, thinking.

"Well I guess…I guess it's like something you can like from a people or don't. Maybe I could like the sound of a sneeze too. We'll see how that's one do one day" – he said with a teasing tone , touching Jim's nose with the tip of his finger.

Jim blushed again. He just couldn't did otherwise.

“But I already like the shape of it” – says Matt mischievously, “Who knows, maybe a fantasy will arise…”

Jim thought he was going crazy. Matt couldn't suspect a thing...Or couldn't he really? It was driving him crazy. It was the kind of conversation Jiù had in fantasy. Not in real life.

"Shut-up, idiot" he tried, as he felt Matt was only joking, but it was so hard for him, as he tried to looked like everyone else having this kind of conversation. But who had this kind of conversation? Why did it have to fall on him? It was both terribly exciting and embarrassing. He still couldn't tell Matt. Not now. Not yet. Cynical as he could be, Jim dreaded her reaction. Or maybe he would even take it the wrong way.

Matt gave a defiant look, looking him up and down, and Jim couldn't take it anymore. Then Matt seemed to drop the subject, crooning the "Howl's Moving Castle" theme, turning to put away their mess. Jim took a glass of water and drank. The idea was to change minds.

"I guess" – started Matt washing the utensils, "That sneezes do have a lot of similarities with orgasms after all…"

Jim nearly choked on the water. He began to cough into his elbow, blushing even more. Matt jumped.

"You're ok?" he asked, coming closer to Jim, worried.
"Ye-yes" – he coughed a bit again then drank some more water "Don't worry".
"Gosh you scared me!" Matt exclaimed, genuinely scared.
"Didn't mean to." - and Jim cleared his throat.

Matt studied him, still looking a bit worried. Or suspicious? Jim didn't knew at this point.

"Need some help?"

But he didn't wait for his answer and came to help Matt clean up.

"Uh…UHTISSHEEEW! Uh…ARCHOO! Ugh…Sorry" – Matt giggled a bit as he sneezed on the side, at least he tried but the force of his movement splashed Jim in the process.
"Bless you" laughed Jim, as Matt was being so dramatic in his sneezes, splashing around and bending because of the streght of each of his sneezes.
"Not funny…" protested Matt/
"You laughed too come on." Jim protested, smiling.
"This cold is just…Uh…Making me…Uh…HHH….Hhhh…Oh no, not again…UH-pssshIIIEW! Huh…Huh-eh-ehEEEE-TIShEEEeeew! Ah…Aaaaaaa-AAAssssshuuuu! Fuck! This cold is so stupid I ca…Can…Can't…Ah…-AH-ah-ah-AHTSSSHIUUU! Shi…-ShIII-ISHIEw! ISsShIEW! HH-ShIEW!”

Jim dried his hands and found a handkerchief which he handed to Matt, who still had his hands in the water. Matt shook his head as if refusing the handkerchief but his sweater was soaked and he desperately needed a dry surface so...

"EEECKSSHIIIEW" right on the handkerchief held out by Jim, barely had he grasped it in his hand. Jim ran his hand over Matt's cheek and through his hair.

"Bless you. So much. Poor Matt..."
"No don't...I’m sorry I never…Nevaa….AHH-SSSSHUU! Sorry. Can’t stifling them like they’re…Escaping me it’s even worse when I have a cold."
"Bless you again. Well that's not your fault." Jim said softly.

Matt shivered as he felt Jim's long slender fingers in his curls. He rubbed his nose, hoping to not look too disgusting. He sniffed a bit. Jim walked over and kissed the slightly rounded tip of Matt's nose. It was a little pink and warm and it was irresistible to his eyes. Matt blushed again. He just couldn’t did otherwise at this point.

"Ok so you’re just…You just decided to embarrassing me today ?" as he felt totally ridiculous.
"How am I embarrasing you?" - and Jim ran his hands over Matt's hips, stroking them gently.
"Oh no, not that look again…" – Matt whispered.

Jim actually had his regular look, his hazel eyes being just a little brighter than usual and looking straight into Matt's eyes. But Matt felt particularly vulnerable. He pushed him away gently.

"Stop...I can't...I don't want you getting sick because of me..."

Jim frowned but did not come any closer. He ended up smiling.

"Okay, don't worry. I will not touching you again, I promise."

Matt wanted to scream that he really wanted, he even wanted more with Jim, but it was impossible. He had no right to be so selfish. He really didn't want to make Jim sick.

Matt and Jim spent the day chatting and watching movies they loved. Matt had nearly had a crisis, refusing that Jim sit next to him. So Jim sat in another chair but kicked him the whole movie, in a soft and teasing way, enjoying how Matt blushed so easily. They discussed this and that, always fascinated to see how well they got along and had common tastes. When they disagreed, Matt had this way of getting a little carried away, of being passionate about defending his point of view, where Jim was more measured in his words, patient, controlled. They often ended up agreeing. When they weren't, they always ended up accepting it and changing the subject. It was a beautiful day, and after arguing like two children, Jim agreed to sleep in the guest bedroom. But he did a few rounds, getting up several times to bring a glass of water, tissues or medicine to the nightstand and monitoring Matt's temperature, tucking him in and making sure he had everything he needed. Matt didn't realize it, just finding it odd, getting up at three in the morning, to find a glass of fresh water and clean tissues on the bedside table that he absolutely didn't remember having laid.

I love this so much. The apologizing after sneezing, all the blessings, and caretaking and physical support. I really do hope Jim catches it and more caretaking ensues. 

11 hours ago, Lily said:

I love them so much I feel they're reel now that's crazy. Jim is the sweetest guy ever, I wish I could have a friend like him, attentive and patient as hell. Matt is actually based on a friend of mine haha (actually I'm starting to think my Matt should met his own Jim now...)

I totally understand! They're your boys, you've given them life and personality, you live in their heads, you know they're thoughts and everything that they leave unsaid. To you, as their creator they are real.  You're such a talented writer to create such characters that feel so alive, so human, so relatable, and all in a language that isn't your first. J'ai beaucoup de respect pour toi. I could easily have fantasies about either of your boys that's how real they feel. 🤭 🤐 Certainement! Everyone should have their own Jim.

11 hours ago, Lily said:

Howl's Moving Castle

This reference makes me so happy!! I adore Hayao Miyazaki movies. I watched Kiki's Delivery Service constantly as a kid.

11 hours ago, Lily said:

Because Jim didn't sneeze much. But...He also hated his own sneezes. Well that wasn't true. He did enjoyed sneezing because of this feeling of relieving. But his father had raised him in a discipline of control and silence. Sneezing under his roof was torture. You always felt like you were disturbing. Jim had almost the same long, straight nose as his father. Very masculine. When his father sneezed it was always very impressive. But poor Jim always had to hold his nose or hide to avoid making noise. He was so ashamed and dreaded his father's remonstrances. It was silly because Jim no longer saw his father. He was an adult. But he hated sneezing in front of anyone. He had the feeling of disturbing. It was all the more paradoxical that he adored people like Matt who sneezed so freely and powerfully. He would have liked to do the same but it was impossible for him.

Awwww, this is the part you were talking about in your other post. Poor, sweet, kind hearted Jim! I can definitely relate to the impossibility of sneezing freely. But oh Jim, we so so so want to see it. I bet he has the most sensational sneeze! This entire bit, from Matt commenting that he'd never witnessed Jim sneeze, his comment that no one reacts to his sneezing the same way that Jim does, his innocent re-telling of the story of his ex maybe "liking" his sneezes, him saying that maybe he'd like Jim's sneezes, and then the corollary to sneezes and orgasms. I was blushing so hard and my own heart was racing. 

J'adore ça Lily! ❤️ I am nothing more than a puddle after this chapter. I cannot wait to see what amazing art you have put together for the next chapter. I am anxious to see if you make Jim sick or no and if Matt does indeed like his sneezes. 🤭

salut salut

18 hours ago, ID2006 said:

I love this so much. The apologizing after sneezing, all the blessings, and caretaking and physical support. I really do hope Jim catches it and more caretaking ensues. 

thank you ! just wait and see 🤭

@Not Telling you're so sweet ! thank you so much, yours comments are always so attentionate I'm melting every time. I love writing and I did roleplaying a lot as a teen so I had to learn english to have more possibilities. Also I always loved bromances/gay love stories (plus as an lgbt+ bean, I do love writing about things I know/I grew up with). Haha, please do, love sharing my imaginary friends with people ❤️
I was raised with Miyazaki's movies as a kid. I know them by heart, way more than Disneys/Pixar movies. I love them so much, they're parts of me. 
And as I was typing the part where the guys are talking about sneezing, well, mostly Matt, I was blushing a bit. I imagined if I had this kind of conversation with my crush 😅

To all my kind readers, I hope you will enjoy this part. I live some intense stuff right now, so I may take a little break from this story, hoping it will be fix soon.

On a lighter note, I was going to write about Matt going to buy the breakfast and writing something like "he felt so hungry and happy he bought a baguette, some croissants and pains au chocolat"...then remembered my characters are not french. I’m so french (et parisienne en plus) it’s not even funny how I have my habits.

CHAPTER 11 – DENIAL

The days were passing fast as Matt and Jim continued on the same rhythm, still learning to know each other and appreciating their time together. Cared for and loved by Jim, Matt recovered from his cold faster than usual. He couldn't understand how it was possible that Jim was still there, getting sneezed or coughed on without ever complaining, running errands for him to eat, cleaning the apartment and always being good company. Because he was such good company, so easy to live with... Whereas Matt, even if he tried to make an effort, was much more defensive, reserved, cynical to better protect himself from increasingly intense emotions than he had with regard to Jim.

Saturday morning.

Matt felt so great as soon as he woke up, he dressed warmly and ran down the stairs. Clean air ! He could breathe and felt perfectly fine. He bought Jim some delicious cakes from Julie, who couldn't get over seeing him smiling so much. Matt was so charming this morning she blushed hard. He could be so cute and witty, that just made her melt. But seeing all the cakes, she smiled and guessed Matt had probably some company upstairs. Maybe that tall handsome model she saw in the neighbourhood these last weeks, he did entered in the same building as Matt. She already was hoping he was nice to Matt and let her imagination run wild. Jim woke him up when he heard the door slam. He looked at his phone, a reflex, and saw that his friend had seen his train cancel. This fact relivied him. It was so much better this wat. He felt exhausted. Taking care of Matt had been his most important pleasure for the past few weeks. That wasn't what bothered him. No, it was mire because his body didn't seem very cooperative today. Like...Not at all in fact. He sniffed a bit but nothing passed, no air, as he was a bit encumbered. He grimaced and closed his eyes again, stunned with fatigue.

"Breakfast!" Matt yelled with joy, jumping on the bed a few minutes after he came back.

Jim jumped slightly, but he didn't move any further. He hid his face in the pillow.

"Mmm...Not really hungry" muttered Jim.
"Ok can we do it again? Jim it's…BREAKFAST! I bring you the best cakes ever. You'll have to try them." – Matt was very energetic, too happy to feel fit and was really looking forward to giving Jim a taste.

Jim kept his face buried in the pillow.

"Why are you shouting...It's 6...Or something like this..." still muttered Jim, frowning.
"Wow you're mister grumpy this morning" - mocked Matt, then added near Jim's ear "And it's actually near 10 sleepyhead." - he kissed Jim in the neck.

Jim groaned slightly and sat up. His beautiful black, slightly wavy hair seemed a bit flattened. He looked very tired. And although usually rather pale, his cheeks were slightly rosy.

"Morning" - said Matt in a cute voice.
"Hey you" Jim smiled softly, his eyes still a bit sleepy.
"I reallyyyy want to hug you. Can we ? I'm sure I'm not contagious anymore"
"I'm sure you're not. You look like you drank 10 coffees already."

Matt snapped his fingers.

"Coffee! I have those" - and he took them out of the bag, handing one to Jim.
"What about my hug?" Jim asked gently rubbing his temple.
"Oh jeez grumpy and in need for affection ? Please don't become me" said Matt, putting down the coffees and curling up in Jim's arms.

Jim hugged him. Matt had been so hard on himself for the past few days, refusing almost every physical contacts, that he was enjoying his warmth, feeling his body against his.

"Sorry love. Didn't mean to be grumpy." Jim murmured.
"It's ok. I think I will survive."  teased the sarcastic Matt.
"Silly boy..." chuckled Jim in a weak voice.

They hugged for a minute in silence just for the pleasure of being together. Then Matt got busy and gave Jim coffee then the cakes. He insisted that Jim ate everything. Jim wasn't very hungry. He felt a little weird. His throat itched. But the most disturbing was the weight that cluttered his nose.

"You're not really chatty this morning" Matt remarked.
"I'm sorry" Jim apologized, not wanting to disappoint Matt in any ways.
"Don't worry. I get that. But I win the privilege of taking a shower first" said Matt, as they were finished.
"OK."

Jim made an effort to smile at him. As soon as Matt left, he lost that smile and briefly rubbed his nose. He heard the water running. Immediately he took refuge under the covers. He was cold, it was not normal. Chatting his teeth lightly he gently rubbed the point of his beautiful straight nose. Oh no.

"Huh...Hhhh-Hhhhutssshxt!"

He always stifled his sneezes. An old reflex dating from childhood. Jim remembered how whenever he sneezed his father would glare at him and systematically accuse him of bringing illnesses. Ironically, Jim's dad had sneezes that made the walls of the house shake. Jim wondered sometimes, if he let them go, of the sound that they could have. But anyways. Of course he knew right away that he had caught Matt's cold. To be honest, he would have been surprised if he hadn't caught it. He had kissed and touched Matt pretty much everywhere. He had picked up his tissues and was standing almost four feet away from what Matt had done.

Trouble is, Jim was the world's worst patient. Matt next to him ? A dream. Jim liked to be taken care of. But a cold was his limit. Sneezing in front of someone bothered him a lot. And then the idea that Matt could feel guilty...No. He would try his best to hide it. Unfortunately for him, his plan got off to a bad start. The friend he was supposed to see had his train cancelled. He had to stay with Matt. And he did wanted to, it's just... Well Jim couldn't lie to Matt just to...what not to sneeze in front of him ? It was ridiculous. He had to stay.

"Hhhh'TSSShhhmm! TS'ggggn ! Heh-heh-epppsssh-gn !…Sniiiirrrf !"

He blew his nose. That should be the trick.

"I'm back !"

Jim rolled the handkerchief in his palm and squeezed it.

"H-hey...Nice shower ?"

Nice shower. That was a silly question. Jeez Jim, you're the dumbest.

"Nice sho...Jim did you drink alcohol this morning? asked Matt, frowning, but happy to find his witty way of talking and sarcasm.
"No !" immediately said Jim, maybe a bit too fast.

Matt realized that. What was Jim hiding from him ?

"Joking dear." – and he softened his tone "But you do have a bit of color on your cheeks"
"I'm a bit hot that's all."
"Then why are you under the blanket?" - asked Matt, his eyes narrowing slightly.

Jim, very painfully, pulled the blanket off. He had goosebumps.

"You're right."
"Hey there are you sure your alright?" – asked Matt, "You look a bit…I don’t know."

Something is of the track, was his thinking. He was so used to Jim's face that he knew something changed, even though he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Yeah fine."

Jim stood up. He felt the next sneeze coming. It was terrible.

"My turn for the shower. It'll wake me up." He quickly said, really needing to get rid of that torturous feeling.
"Yeah sure..."

Jim rushed to the shower. He turned on the water as soon as he entered the room and sneezed a couple of sneezes as quiet as possible.

"Huh-ah-tshu ! Huh…At-shh’m! Hhh…Huh…Huht’shhhh’m-hh…"

He was really desesperate as the sneezes were so strong it hurted everytime he stifled them. Jim had a really good immune system. Even if he felt his head heavy and congested, he didn't have a sore throat. His cold didn't seem as bad to him as Matt's. On the other hand he felt very sensitive at the level of the nose. The shower tickled his sinuses and he sneezed a couple more, stifling them in his hands and trying desperately to wash his nose after it.

“Hhhhh-huh-tsss’mmm!…Huhuhhhh-hhaaatsssxxm’!...HUH-TSSSh-gggg!”

Stepping out of the shower and drying himself with a shiver he felt like he had won the battle. He dug up a headache pill and swallowed it. He watched his face. His cheeks had turned pale as usual. He tried to fluff up his hair a little, which seemed dull and more flattened than usual.

"Jim?" asked Matt behind the door.
"Yes ?"
"At what time do you have to go see your friend ?"
"The train was cancelled" answered Jim, rubbing as he felt the tickle coming again.
"Great ! I mean...Sorry for you friend"

I should had lied was Jim thinking as he felt this terrible tickle in the back of his nose. He rubbed his nose. That was worse.

"So...Are we spending the day together?"
"Huh...Huh...Yes!" Jim answered in a breathy voice.

He then pinched his nose very hard. The sneeze seemed to go away. It was both very satisfying and very frustrating. Kinda painful too. He rubbed his nose a little bit again to make sure the tickle wasn't here anymore.

"Are you ok in there ? It's been a while."

Jim putted his best smile on his face and opened the door.

"Did you miss me?"
"Of course not" said Matt, rolling his eyes.

Even thought he did.

"So where do you want to go ?" asked Jim with all the energy and joy he could.

Jim felt the walk would do him good. Exercise, a bit of fresh air and above all walking with Matt made him want to.

"Let's go to the park of Saint Mary" - suggested Matt.
"Okay!"

They got dressed. Jim insisted that Matt dress warmly and show him the example. He was freezing. Luckily Matt didn't seem to notice. No sooner they left the apartment than Jim got worried. Their sidewalk was in the shade, but the one opposite was in the sun. But Jim was very sensitive to the shine of the sun on his nose and often sneezed at the mere touch of it. And he was sure that today, if he set foot in the sun, his sensitive nose couldn't handle it. He persisted in walking in the shade but he was cold.

"Jim why don't we go to the sunny sidewalk?" asked suddenly Matt.
"Oh do...Do you want to?" asked reluclantly Jim.
"I'm cold" simply said Matt, even though he was actually, in a selfless way, thinking of Jim's well-being first.
"Oh then...Yes of course" sighed Jim.

They crossed. Jim dreaded this moment, certain that the sun was going to make him crack. He walked fearfully towards the sidewalk. The sun warmed Jim but... The sun tickled his nose just as he had imagined. He controlled as best he could but he had to resign himself to sneezing.

"Excuse...Me I have to snee-eeze...Huh-Hu-shhhxgggn'....!" - he stifled, turning his face on the side and sneezed into his elbow.

His face turned pink as he was so embarrassed about it. Matt was so surprised to actually heard Jim sneezed he looked at him and smiled. Discreet, soft, perfectly contained. Well, they looked a bit like Jim, at least...At least before he had a chance to get to know him better.

"Bless you Jim."
"Tha...Tha-atssshgggn-ew!" - he half stifled in his elbow with an adorable look of desesparation on his face - "Oh I'm sorry."
"Bless you again" - Matt came over and kissed her on the cheek - "Didn't know someone could sound cute as hell sneezing" he murmured.

Jim was now turning red of embarrassment.

"It's the sun...Always made me...Eh...EHPss-hhEh-gnn! Huh..."

This had hurt him so much he had a little expression of pain on his face. But that was less worse than completely letting go, or so he hoped.

"Ok they're cute and all but you can let them out you know." – Matt said, between the teasing and a bit of concern.

Jim gently rubbed his nose. That was so embarrassing to him, even though Matt didn't seem embarrassed at all, he felt way too self-concious to notice anything.

"No need I'm done." – he claimed, but also hoping he was true.

Matt simply nodded, took his hand in his and they walked down the street.

What Jim didn't know was that Matt had fine hearing. He suspected that what he had heard when Jim was taking his shower sounded like sneezing. He knew very well that Jim had caught his cold, how could it have been otherwise ? He wondered why Jim seemed to want to hide it from him. Was he afraid that he would worry about him? It was ridiculous. Matt would always worrying about him. He was shocked at how Jim had come into his life, so quickly, so straightforwardly. It seemed completely natural to him that Jim should be by his side all the time. He didn't understand why they were living in separete place, the cohabitation, even thought it changed so many things, was quite natural too. He was falling in love with Jim, he felt it, and it didn't even scare him. So Jim couldn't expect him not to care about him. It was obvious he cared. He squeezed her hand lightly. A mischievous smile crossed his face. Although he was worried about Jim, he was also a natural mocker, even if it was in a sweet way, and he did wanted to played a little with Jim's denial.

"Oh yes…You're done now. But you're going to sneeze again." – he provoked.
"No I'm not!" Jim protested, swinging his and Matt's hand slightly.
"Yes you are. I'm sorry that you caught my cold, but hey ? Denying it ? I've been there. And a piece of advice from the expert: it's not getting you anywhere" teased Matt, looking at Jim in an expression between amusement and surprise realizing that maybe, just maybe, James was more stubborn than he was.
"But…Now I told you. My immune system is p-p-perfectly fine." stuttered Jim, as he was fighting a soft tickle playing in his nose.
"Oh yes. P-p-perfectly fine indeed" imitated Matt, half-laughing, then starting to be more serious about it
"But...well, let's go to the shade, you'll see." Jim said stubbornly.
"I will see what?" Matt wondered, curiosity in his blue-green eyes.
"I bet I can spend five minutes without sneezing there."
"Oh no you can't love" - laughed Matt "It's not just the sun which makes you sneezing it's - and I'm so sorry again - my cold -"
"Let's see then" and Jim, shaking Matt's hand, led him into the shade. He could be extremely stubborn. But of course he regretted being in the shade. It was freezing. He had a little shiver.

Jim turned to Matt.

"See?"
"That you're crazier than me ? Starting to." Said Matt, rolling his eyes.

Jim patted him on the shoulder. Gently stroking Matt's hand with his thumb he looked at the time.

"Ok I have until 30 to prove it to you."
"That's just stupid" said Matt rolling his eyes again and shivering a little, then smiling cause he was sure that he saw Jim's nostrils made a tiny movement. And he felt Jim's hand squeeze his very lightly.
"What?" asked Jim, frowning a little bit as he saw Matt's smile.
"You're sneezing in less than two minutes."
"No I'm not."
"You know how your face is always so serious and focused?"
"My face does that?" Jim asked a little bewildered.
"M-mm. And you are desperately trying to keep your beautiful face serious - oh he is blushing - when you want to sneeze so badly..."
"N-not really. And you can talk ! You always look like you're sulking."
"Really ?" almost wondered Matt, who was used to hearing that he wasn't the friendliest boy on earth, but unaware that he could send a sullen face back to others.
"Yes !" sighed Jim, realizing that not sneezing was going to be harder than he thought, as he could felt something moving in his nostrils.
"Did I succeed in vexing you? My dear James I'm sorry I didn't mean it. Was just teasing a bit."
"Mmm...it's ok."
"No really I'm sorry, I already given you my cold, that wasn't really nice of me."
"I didn't catc..."

But Jim paused, biting his lip lightly. The tickling didn't leave him alone and intensified. The idea of being able to break free was very tempting. But he wanted to stand up to Matt. And above all to avoid the shame that represented for him to sneeze in front of a person who was dear to him.

"Jim come on. Please let them out." – said Matt, almost begging.
"Don't see what you mean."
"It's torturing me just looking at your face, your nose twitching, I can't even imagine what it does to you. How can you bear it?"

Matt was almost fascinated by Jim's restraint. He didn't have a quarter of them, and if he didn't live in society, he would have been the first never to cover his sneezes, so much did he prefer to let them escape with force and noise, liking the sneezing for the feeling of relievement only. Jim shrugged.

"Jim c'mon you can't even speak anymore it's ridiculous..." mocked Matt.
"I can I just…Have…Ah…Nothing…Nothing to s-a-say...I…"

Matt raised an eyebrow, waiting for the sequel that would never come, Jim abruptly letting go of his hand to stifle a sneeze.

"HHH-H'tssgnnn ! Huh…"

But Jim couldn't fight anymore, his breathing suddenly intensifying and all control slipping away, he felt the most violent, loud and wet sneezes he had ever had escape his body without his being able to do anything about his, just letting them explosing agains't his elbow.

"Huuuuh-tshhhhIEEEEW ! AAA-TSSSHIEW !...Huhhhh-hhh'tsssshiiieeew ! Hh-hhh-hhah-TSSSHIEW ! AAAAPSSSSHIEW ! AAAA'TshUUUU! HHH'at-ssshiew ! AAAaaaaeee-TSHIEW ! AtshieeeeUUUw ! AAA-pssshiew!"
"Wow" murmured Matt, impressed by the streght of them and how they sounded, so masculine and powerful.
"Oh I...Excuse me" - muttered Jim, feeling embarrassed.
"That was impressive" commented Matt.
"I'm so so-sorry" he said, trying to control a slight sniffle, which he gently wiped away with a tissue, smothering it slightly "Snnnfff !"
"What are you apologizing for?" Matt asked, never having seen anyone apologize for a sneeze the way Jim did, as if Jim had just made an offense to him.
"I don't know I...Sorr..."

He looked away and crossed his arms as a sign of defence. Matt thought it was cute.

"Bless you Jimmy." - he kissed him softly on the cheek but Jim stepped back slightly, an Matt then he asked "Now what's with all the sorry?" softly, as he felt something was wrong.
"Nothing."
"Jim let's go. You're freezing." realized Matt, worried.
"But you wanted to walk" protested Jim with a little, tired voice.
"Wrong, I want you warm" said firmly Matt.

Jim nodded but looked a bit sad. He had ruined this moment. He knew it. Matt put his arms around his neck and hugged him.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"You don't know how to lie" Matt said, looking at him insistently to encourage him to talk to him.
"I...I'm just being stupid." confessed Jim in a weaker voice than usua.
"Yes." confirmed Matt.
"Thanks." mumbled Jim.
"Oh I'm sorry should I had lied ? Not my kind. Not with you." said Matt, starting to be really worried, as he didn't recognize Jim in that defensive way of speaking.

Jim sighed. But Matt's words touched him.

"But I can tell, behind your little silliness, there is something that weighs on your heart." Matt insisted softly.
"..."
"Please talk to me." – Matt said it, almost surprised that he could ask Jim that.
"Can we walk hom...I mean walk at your place ? I'm freezing." - Jim tried his best not to chatter his teeth but he was freezing.
"Okay" sighed Matt.

They headed over to Matt's.

"I don't really like sneezing in...Public." confessed Jim feeling so weird, not looking at Matt cause that was just to hard.
"What? Thats..."
"Matt ! Please...Let me finish please otherwise I just..."
"Sorry. Keep going." said Matt immediately.
"My father was-I mean is, well I don't see him anymore but he is still alive- not a very nice man. I told you he was in the militaria right ? Well imagine all the clichés you could have on a authoritarian and cold guy who managed his family like his soldiers or...toys and you will get a little glimpse of my father."

Matt remained silent. He was intrigued.

"At home it was always silent. My mother barely had the right to said anything. And me...If I...Played, cried, cried, laughed...I was always being looking like I was doing something bad at, or sent to bed. And of course, always being grounded, sometimes he even mocked me, or insulted me. If my dad decided he didn't want to hear me I had to watch myself. Constantly, in fact, as I never knew when he was in a good mood, which...Well it was rare." - he recounted, very calmly even thought it was hard to do it.

Instinctively, Matt felt anger rising within him. He knew Jim hadn't had a childhood like his. In many ways, traveling, having two parents, having lived in Japan seemed ideal to Matt. But the fact that Jim was not completely out, his extreme modesty, his way of wanting to please others, all this hid an obvious lack of confidence that came from childhood, and Matt could see it clearly now. Matt had been blessed with such a loving and understanding mother. The idea that a man, even if it was Jim's father, had been able to mark him so much as an adult made him angry. Thankfully, Matt was tempered in his anger by an overwhelming outpouring of empathy and love for Jim.

"So I got into a lot of habits to learn how to be quiet. I had an imaginary friend I could talk to in my head. Or I learned to sneeze silently. But I still feel so loud everywhere where I'm going is...it's like my father is behind me." – pursued Jim in a soft, deep voice.
"Oh J..." - Matt trailed off, not wanting to cut him off "Sorry were you done?"
"Oh yes. There is nothing to add it's just… Pathetic isn't it?" he sighed, feeling he was so stupid to tell Matt about it.
"Do not say that." Matt ordered.

Matt looked for his keys as they arrived at the door. He looked at Jim.

"Jim I can't...I mean you're so intelligent and independent I don't understand how that...I mean how you're father still can get through you."
"Well maybe because I'm not that intelligent and independent" said Jim with an apologetic smile.
"Yes you are!" Matt protested.
"No that's you. I'm still like...Ugh sorry. Didn't wanted to bumped you." – now Jim felt he was the worst in ruining the light mood of the day.
"I don't care. I'm not scared of your emotions" said Matt with a serious tone.

And it sounded so real that Jim didn't know what to say. They climbed the stairs in silence and entered the apartment. Jim took off his jacket and Matt turned to him. His face was serious and animated by a sweet and sincere passion, the one he had for Jim.

"I used too. Being scared of emotions. Mine, and everyone's elses. But...You deserved better. You deserved people who respect you, body and soul, and it also means your emotions. I cried a few nights ago. You didn't 't seemed to mind at all. Well it's the same for me. I don't mind. I just care, Jim. So much it's not even normal."

Jim shivered.

"I...I care too Matt. I'm sorry."
"For like the hundred time you don't have to apologize to me. We're going to learn that. Together. Ok ? I know it's hard for you. Letting go of the past. You know it's hard for me too. But with you I feel like...It's possible. It's easier." – confessed Matt, trying to be fair in his words and speak from his heart.
"I feel the same Matt. Since I put my foot at Greenway I knew." – whispered Jim.
"You knew what ?"
"That somehow you were going to do something good to me. I didn't imagined this...But I'm so grateful you're here, with me, right now, telling me this, I could...Well I don't even know what I was going to say, as always you're making me quite speechless."

Matt found himself speechless too, his mouth slightly open, moved.

"Dear, dearest Jim…"

And he leaned in slightly to kiss him but Jim put his fingers to his mouth.

"Don't. "
"Hey we did shared our germs already. I don't mind."
"Nuh I…I…"

Jim's gaze seemed a little shifty, he was gasping for breath. He was going to sneeze. He turned slightly and sneezed into his elbow.

"Huuuh-pssshiiew ! Huh…Hhhh…HhhhhHHH-HUH-TTTTSHHHIEW!"
"Bless you" - Matt muttered feeling guilty.
"Thank you." said Jim, feeling the blush rise to his cheeks.
"You're not to mad?" asked Matt softly.
"For what?"
"The…"
"The cold?" he had a little gasp "No, don't worr-wo-oh-uh-uh-Hu-tishieeeew !"
"And bless you again." said soflty Matt.

He saw Jim make a sorry little pout, and he burst out laughing before taking him in his arms.

"My poor Jim…"
"Don't…" – Jim was so cute, all embarrassed with his pink eyes, rubbing his nose shyly, finally letting himself be hugged by Matt, exhausted.

I love seeing him be vulnerable and Matt so empathetic:)

11 hours ago, Lily said:

I love writing and I did roleplaying a lot as a teen so I had to learn english to have more possibilities. Also I always loved bromances/gay love stories (plus as an lgbt+ bean, I do love writing about things I know/I grew up with). Haha, please do, love sharing my imaginary friends with people ❤️

Oh that's really cool! J'ai étudié le français au lycée, mais maintenant je suis hors de pratique et j’ai oublié beaucoup de ce que j’ai appris. There aren't really any francophones around where I live, which is disappointing, it's so easy to lose when you aren't speaking it on the regular, especially since I learned at a later age. I would definitely not trust myself to write an entire story in French and I'd probably be even worse at roleplaying. 🤣

I'm so with you, I really can't explain why, but bromances/gay love stories are my absolute favorite, to both read and write, and sadly this space seems to be largely lacking in M/M pairings. Maybe I haven't dug deep enough but it definitely doesn't seem to occupy the majority of the fictional stories. I guess that's where we come in eh?

Incroyable! Ce chapitres m'a bluffé. I am in love with how you wrote Jim's sneezes. The entire scene on the walk was to die for! *swoon.* They are so good for each other. Jim lessens some of Matt's callousness and fills a space in his heart that was left when his mom died. Matt shows Jim acceptance and courage and by effect is allowing Jim to better accept himself. ❤️❤️❤️ 

Thank you for sharing this masterful story with us. I will miss your updates if you do take a break, but definitely do what you need to do to take care of yourself. J'espère que les choses iront mieux et tu vas bien. Rappelles-toi, tu es une étoile brillante! Je t'envoie toute ma meilleure pensées. 🤗 ❤️ 

Jim and Matt are everything. I will never get tired of saying it! Love the denial thing, so goood! ❤️

salut salut,

I think I have a good karma, the intense stuff in my life are slowing down a bit, plus this story is really a kind of a safe place for me !
love to read your comments as always, I'm glad that I can give a little back to the sf community 

@Privatedancer I love reversing situations and play with Matt's empathetic side so I'm glad you'll liked it !

@Not Telling tes phrases en français me touchent beaucoup ! I know what you mean, it's hard. I personnaly used to be pretty good in spanish but without practise since 2020 I felt I totally lost it. I'm definetly going to write others stuff here, including m/m stories because well I'm loving it and also I want to read stuff sometimes that are not here (or maybe deep down this labyrinth). Sometimes I find some pretty good stuff on tumblr too. Yeeees ! I think great couples/relationships are often a story of balance between weakness/strong points, qualities/defaults...At least in fiction ! Merci tu es adorable et tes commentaires font partis de mes petits plaisirs après chaque publication 😘

now @Dream Moon ? I really thought of you writing this chapter 🤭

hope you will all enjoy this chapter,

Lily

CHAPTER 12 - I DO THINK SNEEZES ARE KINDA ATTRACTIVE ACTUALLY

They went into the living room, both settled down over coffee on the sofa. James was trying to come to his senses. He had sneezed in front of Matt. He had let out some big sneezes and Matt seemed to be particularly indifferent to it. No, that wasn't true. Matt seemed to care about him. The sneezes were nothing to him. He just didn't mind. And Jim was touched. He remained slightly embarrassed by the situation, and sharing a coffee with Matt didn't particularly calm things down. The intimacy of this moment, simple as it was, was heightened by the fact that Jim wasn't really able to control himself as much as he wanted to. He felt like he was totally letting himself go, which wasn't particularly unpleasant in itself, and anyway he was tired to be more controlled, but he let himself be surprised by the situation. And for once, Jim found the silence awkward. He would have liked Matt to say anything to him, making jokes, taking a light tone. Matt was usually great at this. But Matt, sipping his coffee with relish, seemed to be deep in thought. Then suddenly he activated. He brought back a blanket, water, handkerchiefs and medicine for the headache. He put his hand on James' forehead. James could feel the fingers of that artist's hand he loved so much, slightly dry from his repeated bathing and firm from the tension in his fingers as he drew. How he loved that hand ! He could have kissed her without getting tired of it.

"You're a bit warm." said Matt, frowning his eyebrows.
"I'm fine." protested Jim, but then turning slightly to cough into his elbow.
"You're not fine. You're in denial. But I don't mind. I'm going to take care of you now" – Matt sounded serious, concerned. His eyes were soft, however, an expression of tenderness emanating from them. And Jim couldn't believe it. Since when was Matt so gentle, so delicate with him ? He was rather accustomed to gentle teasing, a rather abrupt tone and few manners. Sure, Matt kissed like... In fact, Jim couldn't compare Matt's kisses to anyone, they were unique. He kissed well, and sometimes with great tenderness. But right, Jim was surprised by Matt's infinite tenderness towards him.

Matt put his hands around Jim's face. He was so gentle, so delicate in his gestures that Jim dared not move. This tenderness was rare and touching. There was no awkwardness there. Matt was made for gentleness, tenderness, whatever he might say. He was made for love, thought Jim, blushing lightly. Matt gently pushed Jim's shoulder-length, black, blue-tinged hair back, freeing his temples, which he stroked gently with his thumbs.

"My dear James…I'm not going to let you go that easy."
"I don't mind" - said Jim, and his voice cracked a bit, he turned slightly to cough into his elbow. 

It was a violent fit of coughing, and it bringed tears to his eyes. He rubbed his chest for a moment, to relieve the pain of his coughing fit which had caused him to take a bad position. Matt leaned over, kissed his hair, and put his hand on Jim's chest, sitting down beside him, and gently massaging the sore spot. Jim went to push him away, afraid to cough again, but Matt's gestures were precise, gentle, effective. Within seconds he felt a distinct relief. He looked at him, surprised.

"Where did you learn to do that?"
"Breathing, my dear Jim, is one of the most important things when you're a swimmer."

He concentrated, continuing the massage and then letting his hand move under Jim's sweater, against his bare skin, gently, still, and Jim let him, completely under Matt's spell.

"I didn't know you could be that sweet" murmured Jim in a chuckle.
"Really ? Am I just a bully to you or what?" Matt asked, looking at Jim and caressing his warm skin, tracing circles on it.
"No, of course not…Huh…Wait I…" 

Jim turned slightly and half sneezed, suppressing it the best he could.

"Huuhhhh-tissshi-ah! Sorry."

Matt felt Jim's stomach constrict when he sneezed and he massaged it gently.

"Bless you."
"Thanks" – Jim rubbed his nose softly and blushed a little, then pursued "You're not usually very demonstrative. And I still use my personal nickname when I think of you. Matt-tongue-of-fire." he teased.
"I know. I'm trying." said Matt softly, not vexing himself about it, but just trying to be rational about it.

Jim was touched by how sweet and honest Matt was with him.

"I know, my sweet and beautiful Matthew, I know this…" he said, carressing Matt's curls.

Matt looked at him.

"…And I'm loving it" confessed Jim.

Matt blushed a little. Then, as he couldn't deal with these weird and strong emotions whick took possession of him, he kissed Jim on the forehead quickly and stood up. He disappeared for a moment and Jim, frowning, wondered what he was doing. He curled up under the blanket.

Matt came back with something to draw; a block and charcoal. He snuggled up to Jim, took his blanket to cover them both. He was leaning against Jim, who was smiling when he saw him softly against him, taking refuge against him.

"Do you mind ? I missed it."

Jim chuckled.

"Do you really need my opinion ?"
"No, don't really, but I want it still" said Matt, "And see, like this, I can warm you up."
"That's true" murmured Jim, rubbing slowly the point of his cold nose against Matt's neck.

Matt lifted his left hand - the right one already sketching with his right hand on the sheet - and reached back to stroke Jim's hair. Then he concentrated on his drawing. He wanted to draw something without thinking, a sketch like he did so much. He drew very often, always eager to occupy his hands. And he had missed not drawing at all these days. He drew a familiar landscape as often when he made "scribbles" as he called these very beautiful drawings. However, he knew that in this landscape he wanted to include something new. Something that had just burst into his life.

Jim watched him, focused. Then he stretched back and rested his head back against the sofa while Matt sat next to him, drawing intently. Jim felt relieved. The sound of charcoal was satisfying, relaxing. Soft. He closed his eyes for a moment.

"Love?"
"Yep" said quickly Jim, straightening up.

He rested his head against Matt's, then on his shoulder.

"Oh that's beautiful."

It was a sketch of the ocean. Simple and beautiful at the same time. And Jim thought he saw a silhouette... Or two ? On the beach. They looked familiar.

"Thanks but I was actually wandering if you wanted something ? Tea maybe ?"

Matt turned his face slightly towards Jim and his nose brushed his, they were so close. He smiles at him.

"So ?"

Jim laughed slightly.

"I'm good Matt. Thank you."
"For what ?" asked Matt, a bit surprised.
"Taking care of me" he said in soft voice.
"It's what I do." - he rubbed his nose softly against Jim's.
"Well I...You didn't have to." murmured Jim, confused and pleased at the same time by the touch of Matt's cute nose against his.
"You're inspiring me. Taking care and all. The bonus is that you're great at looking at" teased Matt, even though he kinda meant it.
"Shut up" chuckled Jim "I look horrible" and he hide his face under Matt's shoulder.

Matt rolled his eyes.

"You shut up."

He turned over his drawing and applied himself to adding contrasts. Jim kept his face on Matt's shoulder, not weighing himself down, just resting his chin gently on his shoulder, leaning over, to look at the drawing. And Matt's beautiful hand, an artist's hand, powerful, stained with charcoal that colored a little his scar made during childhood, a scar almost invisible but that Jim knew by heart.

"You don't even look at me" he almost whispered in a reproaching tone.
"I'm drawing" mumbled Matt. 

Jim pouted a little.

"But..." started Matt as he was focusing on his drawing, trying to represent Jim's hair on the tall silhouette near his, "I believed you when you said I was looking good even if I was sick."
"Did you really?" Jim wondered.
"Yes. So can you just trust me on this one?"
"I ca-aaAAAPCHIEW!" sneezed Jim over Matt's shoulder, barely covering it as he was totally taken by surprise.

Matt jumped in spite of himself and crossed out his drawing.

"I-II-IISSH-iuuum! Eh-eh-ETISHUh!"

He sniffed a bit, ashamed of himself. Sneezing above Matt's shoulder was...almost as embarrassing as sneezing on him. Then he realized that in the movement of surprise, Matt had crossed out his drawing.

"Oh Matt I'm so sorry..."

He was taking small, broken breaths, hand against mouth and nose because he felt he hadn't finished sneezing. Matt stood up and put the charcoal and drawing on the table. He grabbed a handkerchief and sat down next to Jim.

"...Bless you?" was an aptempt as he knew others were coming.
"Tha-atssshii-ew! ASHIEW! Hh-hh-HUSHIEW! Hmm-heeexsSHIUH! AA-Eh-EXSHIEW!" 

A bit shaken off by the fit, Jim kept a hand to his face and grabbed the handkerchief to hide his flushed face and repeatedly blew his nose.

"Bless you Jimmy dearest." Said Matt, who felt curiously touched by Jim at this moment.
"I'm so sorry I ruined your drawing..." Jim murmured. 

Matt looked at Jim, wanting to tease him a little, never resisting.

"You did succeed to made me jump"
"Well I..." - Jim blushed a little, as he felt so loud when he sneezed and actually saw how Matt was surprised by it.
"Scaring busy people who are trying to draw..." - continued Matt seriously, as teasing Jim was one of his favorite game.
"Matt I'm sorry..." 

He looked genuinely heartbroken, his shoulders slumped and his eyes bright with fever. Matt didn't care about the drawing of course, and he didn't like tormenting Jim for fun. Teasing was ok. Tormenting...That was before. Before he knew Jim. Before he started to be interested by this handsome and intelligent man. Before he understood how much he had to share with him. And how much he wanted to be that way. He cared for Jim. And...He kind of felt that there was something else that drew him to Jim. Matt approached him a bit and intertwined his fingers with Jim's.

"Oh Jim...I don't give a damn about this drawing."
"I'm so..."
"Enough" cutted Matt, kissing slowly Jim "Cut it with the apologizing. I want to hear others words from your...Beautiful, soft, warm lips..."

Jim gently pulled away from his lips.

"Matt I'm...F-feeling l-l-like I'm guuuuh-guh-gonna snee-eh-eh-eeeze aga-again" he said in a voice slightly distorted by the breaths he had to take to keep himself from sneezing immediately.
"Not what I was expected" said Matt with the most adorable pout.
"Huh...Hhh-S-sorry...Huh..." Jim breathed, his voice rising in spite of himself. 

Jim lightly rubbed his nose with his index finger and Matt thought he was melting as this innocuous gesture seemed to make Jim more vulnerable. For once it wasn't him ! He thought strangely that Jim, even on the verge of sneezing or in the process of sneezing, was still so handsome in his eyes. Well that was a weird thought. 

"Hold it..." said Matt leaning down to grab a handkerchief "Hold..." And then he gave it to Jim with a proud smile "Shoot!"

Jim took the handkerchief with a trembling hand and sneezed a few powerful sneezes which had the merit of freeing his nose a little.

"HUUH-TSSSHUH ! Huh-ESSHIEW ! HUH-SHIEW ! AAAEEESSOOO ! AaaaAAATTXXCHIEW ! A-EEESHHHIEW ! AAAAt-shuuu ! A-eeexshiuh ! Uhm…Da-damn…AEEESSSHUU !"

They were wet, but not messy, only a light spray constantly renewed, and Jim felt the handkerchief moisten from the third sneeze. He blew his nose softly, and took another handkerchief to wipe his nose with a little grimace, for he felt how sensitive he was.

"Oh my...Bless you." said Matt, a bit impressed. Jim did have prowerful sneezes when he let them out.
"You shouldn't looking at me...Right now...Ugh..." sighed Jim who felt too much looking at by Matt.
"Apart for this delirious nonsense how are you feeling?" asked Matt, gently caressing Jim's hair, a bit concerned.
"I'm actually not that bad...Just...So...EH-PSHIEW! Sniff!"
"Sneezy ?" smiled softly Matt "Bless you."

Matt rarely took the time to blessing people, as he was impatient at the third sneeze to say "Bless you". Most of his friends were used to. Not knowing why exactly, Matt did wanted to say it all the time now. Well only to Jim. He loved to bless him. A part in him liked it because it was his way of showing to him he cared, even though it was nothing special. But also, Matt wanted Jim to feel it was ok to sneeze. Because obviously Jim was still a bit ashamed of it. Matt was thinking about how to change that. It drove him crazy that a man like Jim could be so embarrassed about something so natural. And then compared to his sneezes Matt found Jim's sneezes much less embarrassing. He almost liked the low, desperate sound of it. The look a little lost and the expression of intense relaxation on his face. The only annoyance for him was the idea that Jim could suffering from it. Otherwise, the fact that they were so powerful, and shaken his tall body made him felt like Jim was probably a far more intense person than he thought. He didn't understand how his mind made a little connection to Jim's body in general. He wondered... They kissed, and touched a bit. But they still didn't...Matt blushed a little. Now why was he thinking about this right now ? Jim was probably completely thinking to rest, that's all.

"Yes" sighed Jim "Sorry I know they're..."
"Hey you know what?"
“What?” asked Jim, gently rubbing his nose to get the tickle away.
"I do think sneezes are kinda attractive actually."

Jim blushed so hard,. Matt noticed and laughed a bit.

"What? I-I'm sorry but like…You're so damn handsome I feel you could do anything I will find you beautiful. And the way you look a bit like…Desesperate is just…I can't explain why is kinda attractive. Why are you even blushing Jim? I'm the one who's being silly" as he laughed again.
"I…I…" Jim was so lost and desesperate, he barely couldn't hold a straight face.
"Jim?" - and a sparkle appeared in Matt's eyes, as if he had just understood something.

He lost his smile. Just because he was thinking. No, he was not crazy right now. He actually remembered. He was suddenly adding up. So many things jumped into his head. Like...The way Jim never seemed disgusted or impressed with his sneezes. When Matt had sneezed on Jim's motorbike ride the night of their first moment together. The way Jim blessed him every time. About the way Jim was always very close to him when he sneezed. How Jim always seemed to have tissues. That he seemed to know almost in advance when Matt was sneezing. How he always seemed particularly attentive on the subject. About the way he reacted when Matt brought up his ex who seemed to like sneezing. Of his embarrassment, certainly paradoxical, with the way of sneezing, as if it were an intimate, private act, which could not be done in front of him. And finally how Jim was the color of a poppy right now.

"Oh" he realized - "You…So…Like…"

Matt shook his head. Why was he the one babbling like an idiot? He cleared his throat. He wasn't sure where he was going with that, but followed his instincts.

"In fact, you do like sneezes don't you ?"

Jim felt so embarrassed that he wondered how could he still look Matt in the eye. But he did. Either way, they were reaching a limit.

"I...Don't. I mean yes. I mean, yours. Mine I...I don't really care I...Sorry, I know it's weird." – and Jim turned his face to the side, unable to hold his surprised gaze any longer.

Matt frowned slightly despite himself. Well that was a surprise. Despite his ex, and he never knew for sure about it, he never thought that sneeze…What, sneeze fetish? Could exist.

"So…Like…I’m trying to understand is that…" – as he was thinking about it, not really understanding, and also a bit surprise Jim could have this kind of kink.
"We don't have to talk about hit" – cutted Jim, really embarrassed.
"No but I mean I wanna understand. I'm serious, I swear. And I mean I think I get it? I do feel relieved after a good sneeze you know like…An orgasm kinda." – said Matt, in a gentle tone, and actually trying to understand.

Jim blushed again. Matt found that so cute. Then he smiled. But he suddenly lost his smile again, as he realized.

"Oh my god Jim ! It must have been a torture for you, with me, like…I sneeze more than I say hello!"

Jim turned to Matt, looking almost apologetic.

"Matt I don't...I like you, and our times together but not for your sneezes you know that?"
"Well I hope so!" laughed Matt, approaching Jim then putting his arms around Jim's neck "But it's pretty awesome to think that something so simple can... Jeez you're blushing again…Watch out, you'll end up blushing more than me."

Jim rested his forehead on Matt's for a moment, breathing softly. He couldn't come back. He was really in Matt's living room, the guy he had more than a crush on, the guy who proposed him to stay at his place few days ago. He was discussing with him one of the most intimate things that concerned him.

"Look Matt, I…I'm having a hard time explaining because I never did it before it's…I've loved it for a long time…I…I think…I know it's a little silly, I mean, I know that it's something so simple, so human but…I don't know it's…The lost of countrol, the power of it…The relief…I…I know you're not going to like it, but I find that a man who sneezes at something very touching, because of his vulnerability but also because of the uncontrollability of the situation. Well, at least with others." – he said, feeling he was a creep as he said the words.

Matt seemed to be thinking. But he didn't looked particularly shocked. 

"Hey, ok, you don't have to explain all of it now if you don't want too. But you know, so far, I dig that. I mean, obviously, hate the vulnerable state but…But I get why you would find that attractive. You do have something of the superhero in you, you know that ?" he said with a smile.

Jim was his superhero, actually. Mayy was just starting to understand of how much Jim was going to save his life to becoming a hell of boredom, loneliness and anger. Not with the sneeze fetish, but generally speaking. These last days...He understood so many things.

"I…What do you mean?" Jim asked, eyes widening in surprise, genuinely not understanding Matt.
"Oh, one day I will explained to you. But just recognize that you are very protective."
"I…Maybe. " - muttered Jim, feeling like he could never protect Matt enough from anything.
"But…Wait ok, I have a question: does my sneezes sound great?" – it was a very honest question, for once he wasn’t sarcastic.
"Y-yes obviously." murmured Jim.
"Like on a scale of one to…Nah, forget it, scale are the worst, give me a kiss"

Jim kissed him, so touched, barely realizing what was happening, then muttured on Matt's lips "So you don't find it too weird?"

"I actually kinda like this. My dear Jim...Loving something I'm so good at. Were you afraid to tell me? " he had a cute smile.
"I know it can sound disgusting or…Or…"
"Or what ? I'm glad you bring that up. It's cute. No, really. It's just a kink. A cute kink. An attractive one, cause well, you know, it's you." – said Matt gently, but also kinda feeling strangely turned on by all this conversation, curious about it now.
"Huh…" – Jim turned away and sneezed in the air "HUTISSSHIIIEW! Mmm…Sorry"
"Oh bless you" - murmured Matt, and he felt a shiver run through him - "Jim, is the…Is your cold bothering you much?"
"Not really…I'm just feeling a little bit cold and kinda sneezy. Why?"
"Because I feel like…I could warmed you up. Undercovers."

Jim blushed a little.

"You mean…"

Matt kissed him slowly, with passion, and Jim did it too, passing his hands in Matt's curls. Matt took off his glasses and put them on the table, ran his hands under Jim's sweater.

"J-Jim…I feel like…We could…Continue this…Whatever we are…Together but like…" – he was cutted by each kiss of Jim, and then he moaned a little as Jim's hands touched his belly gently, then his hips - "Oh my…Why don't we…We just…Lying down and…Jim I want you…So much…All of you…"

Jim nodded, kissing him so much he just couldn't stop, and he only did it to breathe a little. He recognized there the abruptness of Matt but under the prism of passion, granted to a tenderness which overwhelmed him for his greatest happiness.

"M-mmm…Matt yes…I want it too…"

Matt pulled him into the bedroom, continuing to kiss him.

"Good news for you my dear Jim; my cold is not over yet…There’s definitely sneezes coming on…"
"HUUUTIIISSSHIIIEEEEEEW!" – was the answer of Jim, a completely out-of-control sneeze, that made Matt bluhed, as he was a bit confused about it now, not knowing about what he was excited right now, but definitely knowing he wanted to lie down with Jim and discovering it with him.

The cold of Jim will not last. But in Matt's appartment for two all days, that where almost spend all in the bed, enjoying their love in many passionate ways they didn't even think possible, things were definitely warming up.