• Lily

• Privatedancer

• Not Telling

• Dream Moon

salut salut

@AntheaHolmes thank you very much for your kind comment 

@Privatedancer 

On 6/12/2023 at 4:15 PM, Privatedancer said:

Gahhhhhh- thank you lovely lily- very much worth the wait!  I wanted to read it slowly - maybe a little this morning - then a little at lunch - and save the finale for after work but I have no willpower with these boys.why is that? I’ll just have to enjoy reading it in its entirety agin and again:)

I know the feeling but never thought someone could feel that way reading me ! I'm touched thank you very much

also, your idea concerning Luke...is very interesting, I'm thinking about it, wondering how he would sneezes and react to the boys

@Not Telling 

On 6/12/2023 at 4:58 PM, Not Telling said:

Same. Absolutely, no self restraint. But I could read this entire thing a hundred times and not be sick of it. Such an incredible piece of literature. 

c'est trop mignon je fonds ❤️

merci merci, here is the chapter 18, next one will be posted this weekend 🤗

enjoy xx

Lily

CHAPTER 18 - COLD WATER & WARM EMBRACES

Matt went for a walk early the next day. He and Jim had spent a fiery night together. All the emotions they had felt in recent days had been pushed to their climax and it had been felt. They had made love like never before. Then they talked for a long time in the bedroom, first laughing then seriously. And they had made love again. And again. And again. Until they fall exhausted with happiness in each other's arms.

The next day, Jim slept soundly and peacefully. Matt woke up early. In the haste of the night before, they had forgotten to close the shutters and daylight was streaming through the whole room. He had watched Jim sleep hoping to surrender himself to sleep, but without success. So he parted as gently as possible from Jim's embrace. He did his best to be as discreet as possible and left the room without a sound. He hadn't looked for his jacket and he came out in jeans and a shirt he stole from Jim. Although Jim was taller than him, his strong swimmer's shoulders fitted perfectly and the shirt looked good on him.

Once outside, he walked briskly because it was still early and cold. Matt had a little problem. He was so used to swimming, almost every morning and especially on weekends, that he felt his body was demanding to jump in the water. And since he was completely in the grip of his stubborn swimmer's desire, his steps did not lead him by chance to the lake that Luke had told him about the day before and which was only five minutes from the lodge. As soon as he saw the lake he knew it was over. He knew he was going to succumb to his craving as crazy as throwing himself inside the water. At night in the forest he could be afraid. But by day in front of the water, whether it was a swimming pool or the ocean, here a large and probably frozen lake, he had no fear...And no strength of character.

He undressed in a few movements, remaining only in his underpants. He was already frozen. He warmed up a but he didn't resist anymore and dived a few minutes later. The water was freezing. But the second the dampness took hold of his body, he felt alive again. The rest of the fatigue he had went away immediately. He swam happily in the lake trying not to stray too far from the edge to remain cautious but having a hard time. He made several lengths without stopping with great happiness. The fact of being completely alone and in the heart of nature added to his pleasure. He lay on his back for a moment, enjoying the serenity of the place. He knew he had to come out soon before getting frozen to the bone. A few more seconds...

Jim woke up when a ray of sunlight came to tickle his face. He rubbed his nose awkwardly but as usual the damage was done.

"Huh...huh-pssshiew! Huh-PSSHIIIEEEW ! Oh Matt I'm sorry..." he murmured.

He turned and went to hug Matt but frowned not feeling his body in the bed. Where was he ? He looked at his phone. It was only 8. He sniffed lightly and wondered where Matt had gone when he heard the door open and...

Matt. Matt with his pale but red skin in places, almost blue lips and soaked hair, his shirt sticking to his body from the humidity and soaked hair. He was holding jeans in one hand, shoes in the other, and a dripping sound accompanied him. A dazzling smile pierced his face.

"Hey you"

Jim sat up.

"Matt what the hell?"

Matt chuckled and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek with a radiant smile.

"Sorry, I must smell a little damp."

His lips were frozen, and Jim himself shivered slightly. A few drops fell on the bed.

"But what...What..." he didn't even know what to say.
"I was in the lake for a swim." answered Matt with a great smile.

He looked so happy that Jim made a violent effort not to yell at him right away.

"The lake." he repeated, trying to not pannicking, "Right. Matt you're ice cold. Go take a shower." he said, even though he was scared that Matt could have done such a crazy thing.
"Is that a-an o-order ?" Matt said with a little pout.
“Matt please. Your teeth are chattering." said Jim, worried for his lover who definitely didn't know how to take care of him by himself.
"Whatever. Like that's a problem for you" teased Matt, sniffing lightly.

Jim frowned.

"Matt you know it's not a joke. Your health is not a funny to me."
"Okay" - Matt raised his hands in defeat "You win drama queen."

Jim looked relieved. Matt went to the bathroom. In reality he was looking forward to taking a hot shower. But once in the cold shower, in his rush he broke the knob that was used to adjust the hot water. He tried to put it back on but he was shivering with cold and couldn't. Without tools, the maneuver seemed complicated. So he put down the broken button and washed with vigorous movements. Frozen, he wrapped himself in a towel, his teeth chattering more. Once clean but not warmed up, dressed, he returned to the bedroom.

"Back !"
"Warmer?" asked Jim, still a bit concerned.

Matt went to take refuge in Jim's arms, half lying on the bed.

"Well..."
"What ?" asked Jim suspiciously.
"I...Kinda broke the button." confessed Matt with a sweet voice.
'Matt!'
"I'm sorry !" he claimed like the kid he was.

Jim sighed. Why was Matt always brutal with the things around him ? Shower knobs like people, at least most of the time. He was going to believe that really, Matt had a problem taking care of things, especially himself.

"But...I'm sure the girls have another bathroom for you if you want" suggested Matt, feeling guilty at the idea of Jim taking a cold shower because of him.

He sat up and stroked Jim's hand with his thumb. Jim rolled his eyes.

"Unbelievable." said Jim, rolling his eyes.
"I'm sorry" repeated Matt.
"Ugh I don't care for me. But you, you must be so cold." said Jim, selfless as always.
"Now I'm good" assured Matt, touched by how Jim could be so selfless.

Jim looked at him. Matt seemed surprised at his silence.

"Oh that's the part where I have to believe you ?" teased Jim, softly caressing Matt's hand with his fingers.

Matt chuckled and patted Jim on the hand.

"Jeez what with all the sarcasm this morning?"

Jim relaxed and smiled.

"Matt you know you're crazy right?"
"Well I won't say it like that but you have the right to believe it."

Jim burst out laughing. He leaned down and kissed Matt softly before taking him in his arms and rubbing his back.

"Sometimes I think to myself that in another life you were a fish."
"I just can't resist water, sorry" and he sniffed again.

Jim pulled away from him.

"You're already sniffing."
"Oh I'm sorry am I disgusting you?" Matt got slightly offended and rubbed his nose to get the tickle away.

Jim rolled his eyes and leaned to take a tissue from his pants. He gave it to Matt.

"I don't want it." Matt sat like a child crossing his arms.
"Come on just take it..." sighed Jim then he had a little light in his eyes "Or do you want me to blow your nose?" he added with a tiny mocking smile.

Matt blushed slightly and took the handkerchief.

"Oh you would like that that right ? Well forget it"

He blew his nose and rubbed it a little. For some reason the tickle seemed to intensified. Well at least, this will made Jim happy.

"That's my boy" chuckled Jim.
"Don't patronize me!" Matt was playing the offended guy.
"I don't...Silly...Silly boy" said Jim bringing his face closer to Matt's.
"You're crazier than me" Matt put his arms around Jim and kissed him softly.
"...Said the man who jumped in an ice cold lake." and Jim kissed him back.

Matt felt a sneeze was coming. Oh yes he could feel it rising inside him. It was almost crazy that it went so fast. He kissed Jim slowly but felt he couldn't fight for very long.

"Ok...Mister Crazy...Why if I told you...Like I could....I want...to Snee-eeze so bad..."

Jim felt the excitement welling up inside him.

"Well...Hold it...I'm busy...Kissing you..." - he kissed him again.
"But I can't...Huh...." gasped Matt.
"Oh come on you don't even try..." teased Jim as he was getting so excited.
"I...I can't even...Make...A sen-eh-se-sentenceeeeh-eh..." gasped Matt as he tried his best to hold it, knowing how to please Jim with this goal having the hardest time to actually hold it.
"Didn't quite get that" teased Jim a bit more as he leaning to get another kiss from Matt but froze as the inevitable happened.
"Huh-HuaaaAAAAAPIIISHEEEW !" sneezed wetly Matt right onto Jim's face.

Matt immediatly covered his mouth and nose.

"HhhM...Mmmm-sorrIIIISSSHIEW !"

That felt so good he moaned a bit after it. The release let him feel great and satisfied. His eyes widened slightly as Jim gently wiped his cheeks with a shaking hand.

"You're such a mess..." he murmured but his voice sounded a bit excited.
"Couldn't guess they were coming so strong sorry love" - and Matt sat up slightly, stroking Jim's cheek and cheekbone gently.

He was blushing slightly. It wasn't the first time he sneezed on Jim even on purpose. But it was always kinda exciting to see how Jim seemed so aroused by this natural act. And Matt seemed really good at it, since Jim's reaction.

Jim kissed Matt's hand.

"Bless you. They sounded so strong."
"See ? Morning bathing is great for everyone."

Jim frowned a bit.

"Don't you dare to go there again." he said, half serious, half mischievous.
"Don't tell me what you do." said Matt in the same tone.
"Kiss me." ordered Jim.
"Well ok, but that's just cheating." said Matt, fighting a smile, his eyes betraying them.

Matt didn't resist, because Jim's lips were so close he didn't want how he could escape them. They kissed and slided against the bed. Matt wrapped his arms around Jim and rolled him onto the bed. Finding himself on top of him he smiled triumphantly then he frozed. His face was taking a pre-sneezing expression. The most adorable one as he looked a bit confused and lost, the sneeze building in him completely taking control of his body, his mouth slightly open and his nostrils twitching, his eyes wide and his breathing gasping. Jim took the opportunity to gently but firmly grasp his wrists preventing Matt from using his arms to cover his sneezes which he sprayed on the side. Jim could see the light spray in the morning light coming through the window.

"Huh-huh-huh-Haaaat-TSSSSHHOO ! HaaaaAAASHU ! heh-Heh-EPSSSSHIEW ! HUH-TSSSHIEW !"

Jim sat up and kissed him. He was unable to resist. Matt was extremely attractive to him and the way he lost control always drove him crazy. Matt threw his head back and sneezed loudly on Jim, a desperate big sneeze he couldn't sprayed anywhere else.

"Hu-HUUUUTTTIIIIIIISSSSHIIIIIEW ! Fuck J-Jim..."

Jim laughed a bit. Matt's breath was almost gasping, the sneezes had tickled him so much.

"Bless you...That was...Another wet one."
"Snifff ! Ugh yes I needed it. Felt good as hell."

Jim smiled cutely.

"Bless you love."
"Hey thank you, but you already said that" said Matt blushing a bit, rubbing his nose softly.
"You know I can't resist you when you do that." said Jim, with his hazel eyes being so bright.
"I know. Always a pleasure."

Matt kissed him softly.

"But I...I hope you're ok." Jim said with concern raising in his voice hoping Matt didn't actually catch a cold in the lake.

Matt slowly freed himself and walked around the room a bit, stretching.

"Don't worry. After yesterday, I think we're definitely good."
"I know but it's my role to worry about you." Jim said with a sweet tone.

He smiled a little but resumed his serious expression.

"And...Yesterday was a rough day."
"Yes." - Matt looked serious too now.
"But I was glad to...To talk with you. About...Well everything."
"I still don't understand how I could talked to you so badly' - murmured Matt rethinking about the night.

Jim looked down slightly.

"Well I wasn't very kind to your either."
"It doesn't justify how far I've been." said Matt, facing his emotions.
"Come on it's ok. We already make peace about it didn't we ?" said Jim, tilting his head slightly to the side, watching Matt.

Matt noded. But he looked thoughtful.

"But I...Im deeply sorry. I should had been more..."

Jim stood up and approached Matt. He took his hands in his and stroked them gently.

"Stop. We can't do it again. We have to move forward together. Ok ? You told me that two years ago."
"I did that ?" asked Matt surprised.
"Yes"
"Well I was wiser at this time" said Matt, still a bit surprised.

Jim laughed a bit.

"Not the word I'll use but...Uh..."

As they were near the window the sun played behind the curtains and hit Jim's nose.

"Huh-pisssshiieew !" he sneezed softly in his elbow with an adorable sound.
"Look at Mister Perfection sneezing now..." Matt said with a smile, as found out yesterday how much he loved Jim's sneezes, not in the way of Jim but he kinda see why Jim could thought of sneezes that way.

Jim blushed lightly.

"Are you mocking me ?"
"Of course not. You're so perfect even when you sneeze it's not even funny dear Jim"

And Matt kissed him on his forehead.

“Oh and…Bless you dearest.”

Jim melted.

"Thank you love"

They leaned their foreheads together and Matt inhaled Jim's scent gently.

"Sometimes...I see myself in that office smelling the flowers that used to kill me and I remember your...Your appearance." muttered Matt.
"Oh you mean the day were you stop being so mean and tried to actually interact with me like a normal human being ?"

They opened their eyes. Matt groaned as Jim smirked.

"The day I...C'mon Jim ? I'm trying to be romantic here." Matt mumbled grumpily.
"Sorry. Sorry love please continue." said Jim, barely trying to contain a smile.
"I was feeling so stupid sneezing and being a jerk but I didn't know how to even be around you..." continued Matt.
"I was so stressed." confessed Jim.
"How come ?" asked Matt, surprised.
"You were like...Walking like a king, so proud and defensive..." remembered Jim.
"Fun fact : I think I actually wanted you to fear me." said Matt, looking half sorry half amused.
"I was." said Jim, looking Matt right in the eye.
"That's crazy. I was scared of you."
"That's...not possible." frowned Jim.
"Of course it is. You were so put together so...Handsome and controlled and I was being a mess. Also I...I was scared you were trying to make me vulnerable."
"I was. I mean I was trying to made you talk. Connect to me. And I know how it can trigger you but at that time..."
"It's crazy to me. To think that if you hadn't insisted..."
"I don't know if I would have stayed if you hadn't apologized." Jim thought aloud.
"Good thing I swallowed my pride then" murmured Matt, shivering a bit at the thought that the opposite could have happened.

They looked at each other, breathing slowly as their hearts raced.

"But you know...I think I would have stayed anyway." Jim muttered, also scared that he might have left and never actually met Matt.
"And I believe that even if you had left I would have come to you. I would have apologized. Even stubborn as I can be I already knew inside that I couldn't leave you" Matt confessed, his heart beating faster.

They looked at each other still moved to realize how important their meeting had been for them but also how connected they felt to each other. They hugged for a long time.

"Well, I'll try to find a tool to fix this shower." mumbled Jim.
"No rest..." begged Matt and then he did the puppy eyes which he never did or very rarely and Jim rolled his eyes.

"C'mon stop this..." laughed Jim.

Damn, his laugh. Matt pouted.

"But I'm cold. Need your warm body next to me..."

He held out his hand to Jim. Jim took him and kissed him tenderly.

"Stop this." he repeated softly.

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!  As much as I enjoy re-reading this signing on and finding a new chapter, especially after a crap work day, was amazing!!!!!  And now I have more wonderful jim and Matt to know.  

....And this continues to be as sweet and as amazing as ever! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 

23 hours ago, Lily said:

He undressed in a few movements, remaining only in his underpants. He was already frozen. He warmed up a but he didn't resist anymore and dived a few minutes later. The water was freezing. But the second the dampness took hold of his body, he felt alive again. The rest of the fatigue he had went away immediately. He swam happily in the lake trying not to stray too far from the edge to remain cautious but having a hard time. He made several lengths without stopping with great happiness. The fact of being completely alone and in the heart of nature added to his pleasure. He lay on his back for a moment, enjoying the serenity of the place.

You captured the essence, wonder and pull of swimming in open water so beautifully. Cold water is definitely not a deterrent, if anything I hear 15°C and think perfect training/conditioning for the English Channel. Friend's hear that and think "you're crazy!" Jim's reaction to Matt is just so on brand to how people actually react.

I know I've said this before but your characters are so alive and so real. I love the characterization, the personalities, and the way you capture the entire truth and complexity of actual existence-the activities and hobbies, the trials, the heartbreak, the conflict, the joy, the love, et tout. Votre écriture est parfaite en tous points et est vraiment inspirant. Merci pour chaque minute que tu as donnée à cette histoire. ❤️ 

The "fetishy" bits make me blush so hard, and oh gosh this chapter just had me all warm and melting. 

I'm excited for the next update. :) Jusque-là, Je te souhaite une journée magnifique

salut salut

I don’t know why but I think this could be a neverending story ? So this chapter may sound a bit like « the end » but I definetely have more ideas concerning the duo, will see about that. But maybe you will have to wait a bit more, sorry !
Do you have ideas for them ? Might take inspiration from you too 😉

@Privatedancer

Oh I’m sorry if you had a bad day at work I send you good vibes and I hope this chapter will

h thank you, thank you, thank you!  As much as I enjoy re-reading this signing on and finding a new chapter, especially after a crap work day, was amazing!!!!!  And now I have more wonderful jim and Matt to know.  

@AntheaHolmes 

Oh thank you ! Sneezes are hard to write I do my best to make them great so I’m glad you actually liked them

@Not Telling

So about water…

Fun fact 1 : I learn to swim at 6 in a lake so I remember how I loved the feeling of liberty and the joy to be in the nature
fun fact 2 : I LOVE cold water so much. As I live in France we have seas/ocean but my favourite is the English Channel (I spent a lot of times in Normandy swimming in it). Most of people I know prefer the warmest water of the mediterranean sea and found me completely crazy haha

I love those guys almost as if they were real people that’s insane
I also blushed when I wrote the fetishy part just imagining the is intense haha

I hope you will all have a pleasant read today 🤗

Lily

CHAPTER 19 - TASTE OF INIFINITY 

Jim searched the house while Matt sulked lying in the bed. But not finding a tool, Jim went out to the adjacent shed of the house and ended up returning with a toolbox. He sat down on the edge of the bed and opened it. It was a mess and finding the right tool to fix the shower button seemed complicated.

"That's a mess...Matt?"
"Not talking to you" grunted Matt, who was now under the blanket.
"Stop sulking and help me" asked Jim.
"You're not even saying please..." Matt complained.
"Like that would make a difference" Jim remarked amused.
"Hey !"

Matt kicked the bottom of the bed, accidentally knocking the box over.

"Matt !" Jim protested as the contents spilled onto the bed.
"C'mon it wasn't that strong...Did I even hit you? Didn't feel like your body at all." said Matt with his usual fast way of talking.

Jim didn't answer, the scattered tools having conjured up a rather disturbing cloud of dust right into his face. He coughed a little and covered his face, trying not to but...

"Hhuh-tshhhiuh ! HupshhhiiiUH !"

They sounded almost like a kitten. Matt bit his lip smiling. Soft cute little noise Jim could make sometimes !

"Oh n-n-no" Jim muttered then gasping in a high pitched sound he sneeze again but more loudly, his body contracting completely "aaaAAAAPSHIEW-Uh"

Matt got out of the duvet.

"Bless you!"

Jim frowned, and immediately covered his nose and mouth as a loud powerful and wet triple sneeze shook his whole body.

"Ooh-Uh-UHTSSSHUH ! HHpSSSHIIEW ! Huuuuh-tshhhhIEEEEW ! "
"Oh my...Bless you. Are you ok?"

Jim nodded. He took his last handkerchief and blew his nose vigorously.

"What made you sne-snee-eh…EH-essHHHIEW ! HUH-HUH-HUPSHIIIEW !," he sneezed sharply, very surprised, into his hands.

"Bless you idiot." Jim winced, gently rubbing his nose with his index finger.
“How am I the idiot? Matt protested.
"You spilled dust...everywhere." Jim remarked.
"Yeah well...You shouldn't have left me alone." Matt mumbled.
"AaaaAAATTXXCHIEW ! A-EEESHHHIEW !" Jim sneezed into his shirt.
"...And bless you. Hey you can let them out freely. I know it's more comfortable... Ok ok don't frown at me, I know, that's not your thing" Matt teased softly .

They cleaned the bed together. Jim had finished sneezing but Matt felt the urge to sneeze again. It was a bit stuck up and he thought he was going to be okay with it but three big sneezes took him by surprise and he had to cover his face with one hand.

“HAH-UPSHIIIEW ! ARTSSSHIEEEW ! Ah…ARTTSHIIIIEW-TSHIIIEEEUUU-AH !”

Oh dear. He could feel how wet they were. Jim laughs softly.

"Bless you."
"Not funny" said Matt sneezing again forcefully "HuuuUUUUAAARSSSHHHHOO !"

Maybe it was the dust. Or the cold swim. Or maybe both. But it was a mess, that’s for sure. He kept his hand on his face. He no longer dared to withdraw it when he felt it was soaked.

"That pre-sneezing expression is…iconic." Jim murmured, a little excited, as he was impressed and damn satisfied of the situation right now.

"You and your terms..." Matt tried to tease but he was actually worried that he had no more tissues in the room.

Jim stretched, smiling. He was surprised to see Matt a little frozen on the bed, his hand still on his face. He seemed to be looking desperately for something with his eyes. His desperate pre-sneezing expression returned, so Matt froze, and he sneezed hard again. A strong wet fit.

"Huh-aaAAArchOOOO ! AP’shhhIIIEW ! AT-ah-atPSHIIIEW ! Huh…Huh…TISSSHIIIIIIEW ! God-Gu-uh-uh UHTSSSSHIIIIUUUH-oh…ARTSSSHHHHHIIIIUUUUh ! Oh-oh-my-HUPSSSSHIIIIEW ! III-IIIIH-iiiiIIIIISHIIIEW ! ‘tSHiiiIIIIUH ! PSSSSHIEW ! Uh…Uh…HUH-PSHHIAh ! Ah…Ah…AT ?? APSHIIIIEW ! Huh-APSHIIIEW-Uh…HuuuUUUTISSSHEW ! AKSHIIIEW ! AH-AHSHIIIUH ! Uh…"

As always, Matt was the most amazing sneezer ever. Jim looked at him with fondness. Matt sniffed. Even Jim could hear how wet it sounded and understood right away that poor Matt couldn't let go of his hand because he was embarrassed. Jim found that way too cute. Matt embarrassed by his own sneezes ? Well that was just the most adorable thing from his part right now.

"Oh my…Bless you love. Do you need something?" he asked softly.
"Nuh-uh..." said Matt, still keeping his hand on his nose and mouth.
"Okay can I kiss you then?" asked Jim with an innocent tone but with his hazel eyes more bright.
"Uh...Gee you win I'm...I'm kinda need a tissue uh…No…No…AAAAaa-aahh-AAaAaApshhhIIIew ! Oh no…Snnniiiiirrrf ! Sorry."
"Bless you Matthew." said softly and more seriously Jim, but as he didn't have no more tissues he presented his own handkerchief he used the day before to Matt "I'm sorry I only have..."
"Perfect" said immediately Matt "Please..." he added, ogling Jim's handkerchief with envy.
"Of course love" and Jim gave him the handkerchief.

Matt took it with relief. But then paused.

"Ok could you just...Not looking at me ?"
"But Matt darling..." And Jim despairingly tried not to laugh.
"Please sniiirff !"

Jim looked away. He bit his lip to keep from smiling. Matt totally cracked him up right now. From here, he could see Matt's face reflected in the mirror. And he couldn't help but stare. Matt had pink nose wings and a clear liquid was dripping slightly but it was nothing to Jim it was even rather attractive in his eyes. He saw him carefully blow his nose and he thought he would melt when he saw him wipe the little round tip of his nose with a relieved air. Matt caught his gaze in the mirror and the pink of his cheeks turned red in seconds.

"You said you wouldn't watch !" he claimed.
"I am so sorry..." said Jim turning to him, between forgiveness and the desire to laugh.
"You know I don't...Ok I am not blushing because I'm...I'm..." Matt stammered.

Jim went back to him.

"Sorry didn't mean to embarrass you."

He passed his hand gently on Matt's arm. Matt crossed his arms and pouted.

"Matt..."
"I'm not mad I'm just feeling disgusting now." he mumbled.
"You know your sneezes never disgusted me."
"Yes" Matt realized as he softened. He relaxed. Sometimes he forgot. Not the fetish but the sweetness and the way between the preoccupation humor and the tenderness Jim had to consider Matt, his spirit like his body, "Yeah but you're special." he said.

Jim blushed lightly.

"Special ?"
"Didn't mean like...For the fetish and all." added Matt.

Matt stared at Jim's hand stroking his arm. He uncrossed his arms. Jim looked at him.

"So about what ?" Jim murmured puzzled.

Matt shivered slightly as Jim's thin, light fingers trailed down his forearm to his wrist. He turned his arm and his fingers crossed those of Jim's hand. Jim let himself go. Matt looked at him.

"You're special James Cooper. Exceptional. Unique. Irreplaceable."

Matt looked up to meet Jim's, who was a little surprised. Matt looked so serious right now. But something had made him wince.

"Don't call me...Don't call me James Cooper." he mumbled.
"Well that's still you name no ?" said Matt in a mocking tone but feeling weird inside, as an idea had just crossed his mind, an idea that he had buried in him but which had just resurfaced, he bit his lips lightly as if he was afraid to let it escape , that idea...
"I hate my surname." said Jim with in deep low voice.
"You should heard all the nicknames I had when I first met you. Sure we can find you something better in the lot" said Matt in a light tone.

But Jim looked down. And slightly the shoulders. So Matt understood.

“Oh I...Hey Jim ? It's just a name you share with him. I'ts just that. A name. You don't look like him, in any ways." said Matt gently.
"I know it's silly." scoffed Jim nervously.
"It's not. You're entitled to this. To your emotions." replied Matt.

Jim laughed nervously and looked at Matt again.

"I can't believe you're the one telling me that..."

Matt pressed his nose lightly against Jim.

"Hey I have the best teacher."
"Well that's...Ok, one of your rare compliments so I'll take it."
"Good boy" smiled Matt.

Their intertwined fingers gave off a gentle warmth. Matt looked at their hands. He brought Jim's hand and his to their mouths and kissed him tenderly. After spending two years with Jim, he had often let Jim do this gesture but today he felt the need to do it. Oh dear, this idea was so crazy…Would he dare?

"My god how sweets your fingers are..." he murmured, still amazed by that fact. Jim felt his heart speed up in spite of himself.
"I'm definitely going to steal your hand cream" said Matt in a light tone. And Jim's heartbeat slowed again. Matt rested their intertwined hands against his knee. He looked at Jim.
“How bad do you hate your name?” he asked suddenly. Jeez. He was going to.
"What? I..." Jim looked confused.
"Ok let me rephrase my sentence a bit : how do you find the name Hatfield ?" asked Matt, with a weird dry feeling in his mouth.

Jim chuckled nervously. Now his heart was pounding like crazy again.

"Matt what are you..."
"And hey how come you never ever wore rings on your left hand ?" Matt asked as abruptly as usual.
"I...Matt stop teasing..." chuckled Jim nervously.
"Can you just answer?" said Matt like he was waiting but his voice cracked a bit.
"Well I actually love your name. And I...I don't know for the ring. I never bought one. And nobody never…Gave me a ring so...Matt stop. What are you doing?" Matt was gently stroking Jim's ring finger.
"Hey I...I was just thinking...Like...Like you could change your name one day...Not today...Not right now...Not...Even this year but like..." Matt swallowed.

He was only nervous because Jim looked at him very surprised.

"Im not...Asking you anything. It's just...Yesterday I thought I lose you and I just felt like I lost the most important person of my life and..." - a tear rolled down his cheek and Matt let it go, more concerned about Jim than letting out what was on his mind, "…And it's driving me crazy to say that because until now I've been thinking about my mom but now, it's you, always you, only you, all the time and I ...J-jeeez sorry what's up with these eyes…" Matt said as others tears felt down his eyes uncontrollably.

Jim gently wiped away Matt's tears with his trembling hands. He was too moved to say anything.

"Among all the amazing things you've done in your life, you brought me back to the living Jim" Matt whispered.

He took a deep breath and pursued.

"So I don't...I'll understand if you never want to marry. And besides, I don't care. I don't need marriage. I just want to be a better person. For you. And the only one who can help me is you, so, you see, you're stuck..." he chuckled nervously.
"Matt..." started softly Jim.
"Hey wait I have other sniff !" he rubbed his nose slightly against his sleeve "Other things to tell you like..."
"God Matt I..."
"Like I'm only saying I love you in the most chaotic way possible but it's...My feelings for you have been driving me crazy from the start. I just didn't wanted to admit it to myself. And yesterday I thought I was going... You are so important to me Jim. My superhero. My light. "said Matt with the passion that characterized him.
"Matt could you just..."
"Sorry was I corny?"
"Shut up" said Jim and his eyes were full of tears.

Matt bitted his lips.

"Why do you always do that?" asked Jim, shaking his head.
"Doing...What ? Chaos ?"

Jim nodded but smiled at the same time.

"Who proposed to someone to make him change his name and have a ring ?" he asked, rolling his eyes but actually so amazed he actually said these words.
"To be fair I didn't actually propose" said Matt blushing.
"Oh right" Jim said, his voice shaken because of the emotions of the moment, "So like I am supposed to do it ?"
"Well you're the brightest" argued Matt.
"You're the wittiest" replied Jim briskly.
"Am not !"
"You only want to have the last word" sighed Jim.
"Granted. Then if you propose I will have the last word so it's perfect you see ?"

They blushed at the same time. Jim let go of Matt's hand.

"Matt we..."
"We what? Barely know each other?" nervously asked Matt.
"Hey don't snap !"
"I don't but I just..."
"What ?" softened Jim.
"I'm..."
"Please Matt, try to explain?" he asked gently.
"I'm feeling frustrated now! You just...don't believe me do you?" asked Matt, frustrated.
"Im afraid to believe you." confessed Jim.
"How come?"
"Because...Because Matt someone...Doesn't engage because the other wants to quit his name." said Jim, the voice distorted with a nervous laugh.
"And why not ? Stranger and stupidest reason happen every day."
"Matt..."
"Just say you don't want to marry me." said Matt, looking down.
"That's not the question."
"Ok sorry will you marry me ?"

Matt looked at Jim again, blushing again. Jim put a hand to his mouth almost like a reflex.

"Ok…Calm down. I'm not…I'm not actually asking you for today. Do you hear ? Not today my dear Jim. Are you crazy ? I mean crazier than me ? But just...One day if I ever propose, will you marry me?" and his eyes, the blue and green, were so brilliant right now.

If he ever proposes...Did Matt changed his mind ? Did he agree not to have the last word for once ? Jim didn't think that much.

"Yes."

Matt blinked slightly.

"For real ?"
"Of course." muttered Jim.

Matt smiled so naively and happily that Jim couldn't help but melt.

"Matt ? Still there ?"
"Sorry I thought...You...I..."

Jim laughed.

"Well, I take back what I said. You're not the wittiest." he teased.
"I never thought you would say yes," Matt muttered, adding "Even thought I don't see myself doing this with anyone else. You're my everything."

Jim was so moved of how Matt could let himself be vulnerable and open right now. And proud to love and be loved by this man.

"Matt I made my coming out for you. You kinda changed a lot in my life so how come you're still surprised ?" asked Jim, feeling his eyes becoming a bit teary.
"Because I'm such...I know I'm not easy." Matt whispered, running a hand through Jim's dark hair.
"Well I don't want you to be easy." frowned Jim.
"You know what I mean. I'm not...Nice all the time. I have a bad temper." Matt assured, suddenly afraid that Jim would do something stupid by accepting to be her husband one day.
"You're saying this but all I see in you are your deeply human qualities." said calmly Jim.
"But I'm always cynical and...And rude....And..."
"You're caring. Always there for the community. You're there for your friends. For their kids. For me. For...Your mom." and Jim stroked Matt's cheek gently.
"Jim..." whispered Matt.
"You are brave, you have convictions that take me far and you are passionate. I love all of this. And yes you can be a pain in the ass but I don't care. Because I'm not perfect either. " recognized Jim.
"Yes you are." Matt said stubbornly.
"Hey what I also love in you is your honesty. Don't lie." Jim asked softly.
"To me you're perfect. You're the most intelligent and kind hearted person I know. Sometimes I envy your gentleness, your natural kindness." Matt confided.

Jim looked at him for a long time without saying anything. Matt's face, usually placid, except for his beautiful eyes, always alert, always lively, and his mouth ready to open to say something witty, funny, pleasant, it was all far away. Matt looked agitated, his eyes fluttering, his teeth nibbling lightly at his mouth, his breath more gasping than usual, as if his breath were being held. Jim put his hand on Matt's neck. He could feel his heartbeat here. Strong. Violent. Irregular. He gently slid his hand up to Matt's jaw, then back up to his cheek gently, frowning slightly.

"Jim?" whispered Matt, questioning Jim with his gaze.
"Did you know I've been waiting for you for a long time, Matthew?"

Matt looked at him, a flash of confusion in his eyes, but Jim's calm way of speaking, his penetrating gaze and the softness of his hand on his cheek soothed him.

"Since I was a little boy I have been waiting for someone with whom I will feel stronger. With whom I can share my ideas, my emotions. Someone who will do me good. Someone who will allow me to be who I want to be. And I swore to myself that if I ever find that person, I'll never let go."

Matt sniffled lightly. Maybe he was moved. Or maybe he really had a cold. His cheeks warmed as Jim spoke.

“Am I…Am I this person ? Really Jim ?” he whispered.
"Of course you are. So you can talk about my qualities, imagine that I'm the perfect guy or I don't know what, but the reality is that I was waiting for you. And that I can't let go." Jim muttered as he felt Matt's breath become irregular.
"Well I can't either." Matt said, his voice distorted by the urge to sneeze that had just taken hold of him.

Their faces leaned towards each other. Their lips came together and Matt, almost closing his eyes, gasped a little.

"J-J-Jim hold on…Have to…Uh…"

Jim gently put his middle and index fingers under Matt's nose and squeezed lightly. Matt opened his eyes, startled by the contact. He blushed a little, tensing slightly.

"Wh-haat are you doing love ?" gasped Matt, holding back his sneeze.
"Nothing" replied Jim innocently, but his hazel eyes shone brighter.

He leaned down again and kissed Matt tenderly who released the tension from his shoulders and returned his kiss with the same tenderness.

"These sweet fingers…I really loved them everywhere." Matt whispered.

Jim giggled and kissed him more, taping the tip of Matt's nose with his finger.

"But this one…" said Matt, sliding his index finger over Jim's ring finger, "This one is definetely missing something"

Jim blushed hard and moved his hand away from Matt's face, between the excitement and the emotion of the wedding innuendo. As he withdrew his grip, Matt felt his nose tickle him again and he suddenly sneezed, taken by surprise.

"Huhh-PshhhiIIIEW ! HUH ! Huh-TSSSHHHIEW ! ArSSSHU !"

He hadn't had time to cover them. But then why did he have a hand against his nose and his mouth ? He blinked, flabbergasted to see the large, slender-fingered hands against his face. He blushed, but Jim was blushing also, and that made him smile.

"Bless you" Jim said in a slightly hoarse voice, lowering his hand against the bed, feeling that it was slightly damp, and it made him shiver.
"Thank you. So now you're...actually transforming yourself into a tissue ?" teased Matt, half embarassed, half excited.
“It was just a stupid reflex.” murmured Jim.

Matt leaned down to grab the hankerchief which was a little further away.

"Here, let me wipe your hand."
"I'm ok" said immediately Jim.
"C'mon…" and Matt, smiling, amused, leaned over to grab his hand.

Jim didn't want to wipe his hand and leaned down to kiss Matt. He had thrown himself against him so much that they both fell against the bed. Matt dropped the handkerchief and gave Jim a long kiss, feeling their legs tangle. He completely lost his sense of gravity and let himself be guided by Jim's mouth and hands. The excitement that was building in Jim and maybe that was the thing who teased his nose. He barely had time to cover himself with one hand and sneezed forcefully, his body still glued to Matt.

"HuuuH-IKSHIIIEW ! Hhh-TSHIIIUmmm…! HuuuUUUh-PSSSHTISHHHIUh !"

His impressive tall body was shaking slightly from the force of those sneezes and Matt couldn't help but melt.

"Oh love…"
"Oh-Uh...I'm sorry, don't know..." he stopped, as he was going to sneeze again, but looked so disappointed at is appeared he was actually done.

Matt laughed softly. How adorable Jim could be.

"Oh love…Come here…Bless you-uh-uh-HUH-aaaarrssshUUUH !"

And Jim curled up in Matt's arms, letting him sneeze against him, feeling his body tense and relax with a speed that would always impress him.

"PshhhiIIIEW ! Ah…Wow…How co-co-me I sti-ih-ih-IHHHTSHHHIUUU ! Jim don’t get clo-oh-uh-uh…Ah… HHI-ITSHIIU! Ah…EH…Eh-pchiew! EPCHHH-HESHIIIIEW! sniff! Aaa-AHSHIEW ! Uh…Eh...EEE-EESHIEW ! Mmmm…"

Matt sniffed lightly.

"Bless you Matt."
"Thanks, I'm exhausted by this..." sighed Matt.
"Then rest." simply said Jim.

Their hands met and their fingers crossed. Matt rubbed his nose into Jim's neck.

"There's no place I want to be other than with you."
"Me too" Jim assured as he kissed Matt in his hair, this beautiful curls of sun.
"Gu-gunna sneeze again sorry…"
"Then don't cover them" whispered Jim.
"EhkshhhIEH ! Huh-ETISHHUh ! Ah-Eht’shhhhiew ! E-tshhhUUh ! Mmmm-Eshhiiiew ! Eshhhiiew ! Haeeeshiiiew ! Itssshuh !" Matt sneezes almost softly on Jim's neck.

Matt felt relieved and a soft warmth took hold of his body as he felt Jim's quiver with pleasure. They started to whisper.

"Bless you love. Are you alright ?"
"Always when I'm with you."
"Then…Let's stay like this."
"Yeah. Forever."
"Doesn't seemed long enough"
"My dear, dear Jim…"

They looked at each other. And then they kissed, a kiss that had a taste of infinity.

Once again, a wonderful chapter.  But ARE they officially engaged?  I love that they each feel like the luckiest one, that is how it should be.  i am lucky to have that even after 27 years with my husband….but just like Matt, I am the challenging one and my husband is the absolute sweetest.  That balance is needed to even each other out because the Matt’s of the world also teach the Jim’s how to have fun- they need us.

On 6/18/2023 at 11:11 AM, Lily said:

I don’t know why but I think this could be a neverending story ?

You won't hear nary a complaint or objection from me if that's the case. I have loved having the beauty of Jim and Matt's relationship and life together to escape to. Certains jours sembler particulièrement difficiles, parfois insupportables. Cette histoire me soutient.

You outdo yourself with every chapter. Yet another chapter that had me a blushing melting mess. 🤭 Thank you as always, for this magnificent work, and for sharing all your fun facts along the way. I'm so glad your a member of this forum and we are spoiled with your stories and comments. ❤️ 

On 6/18/2023 at 11:11 AM, Lily said:

They looked at each other. And then they kissed, a kiss that had a taste of infinity.

Pure poetry!

I know it is not up to me to design Jim’s ring but as an artist I think Matt would design it himself and perhaps it could have an emerald and a Sapphire to represent Matt’s eyes ?  Perhaps on a dark brown metal with rose gold in the middle like Matt’s hair?  Does designing a wedding ring for a fictional character who may or may not be getting married make me officially crazy?

salut salut

thank you again for your comments, I'm so glad that my story had such amazing readers 💜

@Privatedancer omg I...well just read this chapter, I hope it will please you 

my dear kind readers I finally know how I will end this story! But I think I will do stories “on the side” about them, including one about Luke haha because why not? But yeah, in maybe two or three chapters, I will “conclude” Matt & Jim love story

hope you will like it!

love

Lily

CHAPTER 20 - THE CHRISTMAS PRESENT

6 month later

They never talked about wedding again. After a summer of fire, where Jim and Matt had spent all their time together, something curious had happened. Matt had been spotted by a very famous artist who, completely under the spell of his work at the newspaper, had offered him to exhibit in her gallery. Pushed by Jim, Matt had accepted. And he had been very successful. So much so that he had been offered to be a part of a lot of exhibitions with his own work. Once again Jim encouraged Matt. And Lizzie too. And finally, Matt got involved with different places and artists and he actually gained some fame. Lizzie suggested that Matt took the time to living his life as an artist rather than continuing to work at Greenway Post. Matt was torn between the two possibilities. Again, Jim had his part to play. He listened and advised Matt who ended up leaving the newspaper.

Within months, Matt had gone from journalist to freelance artist to local star. Matt was having a blast. He was recognized by many people. It didn't go to his head, because the opinions of others had never mattered much to him. But his work as a photographer and painter allowed him to tackle the subjects that were close to his heart and his fame allowed him to make a difference. Jim, Lizzie, Carol, Luke…And many others supported him. The only thing that was hard was that he saw Jim less than before. Every moment they spent together felt more wonderful than ever. Jim never blamed Matt for anything, only too happy to see him flourish as an artist.

This Christmas was the third they spent together. And true to their personal tradition, they did it together. The onyl thing, and that was old news at this point, is that Matt knew he had a cold. His body supported the pool every weekend and sometimes weekday mornings. He could have caught colds galore there. Curiously Matt's body was quite resistant in this area. But he was intransigent on: the attacks of allergies linked to the arrival of spring, his allergy to pollen and cats, his sensitivity to dust as well as a cold at Christmas.

The first Christmas with Jim, Matt had had such a bad fit of sneezing while drinking their champagne that Jim almost thought he was having an allergic reaction to the alcohol. It was only the bubbles that triggered Matt's poor nose, already suffering from his cold. Jim and he had spent their Christmas holidays locked up at home, Jim taking care of Matt and Matt trying to preserve Jim but it was hard to resisted to Jim's touch. And Jim himself caught a cold. They had spent the New Year together with a cold kissing and making love in between fits of sneezing.

The second year Matt caught a cold on Jim's bike. They had spent their second party by the ocean and the icy road hadn't done him any good. Matt still remembered the smell of Jim's jacket, his nice leather biker jacket he was clutching tightly as his teeth chattered. When they arrived at the house by the ocean, he was paler than Jim's porcelain skin. Jim immediately putted Matt to bed. They had still been able to spend a pretty nice Christmas and Matt had managed to save Jim from his cold this time. And Jim had been too glad to play his lover's sick guard, forcing him to cover up for a walk by the water, Matt grunting in his three layers of sweater, curling up in his arms every two minutes, pretending to be cold when it was simply because he wanted to be in Jim's arms.

So obviously this third Christmas, Matt had to face the facts; again he had not escaped the winter cold. Fortunately, he looked less sturdy than usual and he was counting on that. Because Matt had a very special gift to offer Jim. And he didn't want to ruin that by getting sick. He wanted to give his present. He would have plenty of time to be sick afterwards.

The evening started well. Anyway for Matt. He had taken his headache medicine, cough syrup and carefully blown his nose. He had drunk a lot of water and felt rather fine. He had prepared the living room to looked as best as possible. Jim had a long day of work, yes, even at Christmas's Eve. Matt was pining for him. Finally, Jim arrived. Matt takes out the champagne and puts it on the bar and watches his lover enter the apartment. Jim wore a long black coat that showed his long, pale figure and his dark hair, which was a little longer than usual - which Matt was terribly pleased with - drenched in the humidity of the season. He had barely opened his coat when he brought his hands to his face and sneezed with exhaustion inside.

"EEEH-TTTSHUUU! Mmmm-PSShiiiiew! Huuuuh-TSS'ssshiiiiIIIIew!"
"Oh dear. Bless you." Matt muttered.

He walked around the bar and approached Jim who sniffled lightly. His hazel eyes seemed brighter than usual.

"Hi you."

Matt gently pulls Jim's scarf from around his neck and kisses him on the neck, running a hand to the back of his neck.

"Mmmm...I missed you."

Jil smiled and runs a hand through Matt's red and brown curls.

"Really ? I missed you to-te-eh-EeEEPShiiiew !" Jim turned his head on the side and sneezed on the side but freely.

Matt cut a slight gasp as it was unexpected.

"Excuse me I think...Think...I need to sneeze again...I du-uh-UH-guh-hhHHHhhhPSSSSHII-HIIIEW ! EEEHHHaaah-PSSSSHUUUUH ! Uh…" sneezed again Jim but in his hands, with more violence this time.
"Bless you my dear Jim. Are you ok ?" Matt frowned.
"Thank you. Don't worry I'm fine it's just the wetness of the air I...I'm a bit tired."
"Lizzie is such a monster." grunted Matt.
"We needed to finish the project. And we missed you on this."

Matt bitted his lip.

" Well, I… "
“But again, we still miss you. Jim said lightly.

Matt smiled again.

"Tell me you're hungry." Matt said kindly.
"Hungry for what ?" asked Jim with his charming smile.
"You idiot...Let's eat something and have our gifts first then I'll let you satisfy your hunger...Whatever kind of hunger..." blushed Matt.

Jim laughed and kissed Matt on the forehead.

"Done deal"

They ate together. Matt had worked hard in the kitchen, and fortunately for him, Luke, the best cook he knew, had come to help him before going to find his current love and leaving for New York for the holidays. Everything was very good and they enjoyed it. They offered each other their gifts, which both had chosen very well. But Matt suddenly seemed a little nervous and Jim, pulling him down onto the couch, asked him what was the matter.

"Nothing, I just have a last gift for you."
"Another one ? But Matt…"

They sat together on the couch. Jim looked at Matt curiously. Matt rubbed his nose slightly, as he felt a sneeze was coming. Oh no. Why now ? His cold couldn't wait ?

"Just…Just a sec I need to sneeze…Hh…Huh…Ha…Huh…Huh…Ih…"

Matt started to gasp softly but couldn't sneeze. Jim was melting with pleasure.

"Wow that's a long build-up for you." he said with a tiny cute smile.
"Jeez it's the most annoying feeling eve-eh…HuuuUUUUTSSSSHIIIIeeEEEEW ! Uh…"
"Mmm bless you love. You deserved that." smiled Jim, a bit excited.

Matt giggled a bit.

"So Jim my gift is hhhh...Oh no...Hhh-ha-ha-hhuh-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-Ha-hhhhh-HAAAAPSHIEW! Uh…"
"Bless you." said Jim with a dreamy gaze.
"Thanks. But anyways huh-huh-huh-hhhhhhHHHAEPSHIIIIEW ! Huh…"

They were so itchy. And sounded wet.

"Here" said Jim, giving Matt a tissue.
"I think I…Hhhhh-hhhhHuuuh-oh-ESSSHIUUUU !"
"Bless you." but Jim frowned lightly "I'm afraid you did catch this christmas cold again love"
"Nuh-uh…I didn't said that to you when you sneezed ! Please have faith in me-iiii-IKKSSSHIIIIIEW ! Huhhh-HuUUUUUHSPPPshhhuuuh !"
"Bless you."
"Thank you. So what I want to say hu-HUH-HUH-huuuuhgnnn-tssshiiiiew ! EEEEEEAAAAAPSHIEW !"

His last sneeze had been so violent that Matt, already on the edge of the sofa, fell slightly and knocked his knees against the coffee table then fell on the floor with a thud.

"Oh god are you ok ?" Jim asked worriedly, sitting down on the floor next to him, taking a hand in his.

Matt was almost furious. It was getting ridiculous when hungry!

"I'm fine. Please...stay seated." he said with a low voice.
"I'm sitting" objected Jim, frowning.
"I mean on the couch."
"Okay but..."

Jim shook Matt's hand in his own and wanted to pull him with him, to pull him up, but Matt let go of his hand.

"I...I have to stay…T’ssssSHHHIEEEW ! Uh…Damn it –hhhhHUHPP’ShiiiiIIIEW ! On the floor actually."
"Bless you" murmured Jim, worried again, "But Matt if you're injured let me call..."
"Please Jim ? I'm ok, trust me and just let me finish the-the-the-EHKSSSHIIIUUUH !"

Matt was so tired of sneezing he let a little moan escaped him after this high pitched sneeze.

"Of course. Bless you."
"Thanks. Stop blessing me though I-l-l p-probably will sneeze more...More...Hhhh-hhhAAArssshUUUUUh! Uh…See ? Told you." he grunted, sniffing lightly.
"You should be in bed." Jim murmured, worried to see Matt sneeze so much.

"Can I try to...To give you my gift ?"
"Excuse me. Go on." he said gently.

Matt took a deep breath and sneezed hard into his hands "AAAaaaaAAAKSSSSH'iiiiIIIUUUh !" and felt better. He abruptly changed his position and sat down uncomfortably on the ground, kneeling facing Jim. He wiped his hand against his pants but knew that Jim didn't care and so placed his hand on Jim's.

"James, I'm not going to make long speeches. Firstly because I feel like I'm going to sneeze soon and it could become a mess. And also because you already know. And I think that even if I have the words I won't know how to put them in order. It's always a little effect that you have on me anyway. You put the mess in my head. That's what makes me was driving me crazy at first. Well actually still does it. But in the good way. That's why..."

And with his free hand Matt took out a small box which he skillfully opened with his thumb, discovering a ring under Jim's bewildered eyes. It was a very simple ring, mounted on a bronze-gold hoop that immediately reminded Jim of Matt's hair. On the ring, there was a single stone. A stone that Jim didn't know, that he thought was blue at first sight, a magnificent blue, which reminded him of the color of one of Matt's eyes, his favorite color. But as Matt was shaking slightly because of his emotion, Jim noticed that the color was changing depending on the light. The stone took on another shine. A flash of green, an indescribable color that Jim only recognized in Matt's other eye. Jim swallowed hard and looked into Matt's eyes, where he found the two colors he loved so much on his face.

"That's why my dear Jim, I want you to be my husband. Not because I think wedding is the cutest thing ever cause you know I don't. I'm probably more terrified by this than anyone in the world actually. But you deserved this romantic gesture like you deserved all the romantic gestures. And  I, who believe that I could be the man with who you'll share your life with, think you deserved someone who overcome his fears for love. And my dear Jim, I stand in front of you pretending to be that person. I love hhh-TSSShhhhUUUUh !"

He squeeze Jim's hand a little as he sneezed on the side. Jim loved sneezing alright, but he couldn't sneeze on him as he was doing...His proposal, right ?

"HHHhhh-Tttt'sssshieeeew ! Excuse me I couldn't help it. So I was saying...Oh yes. I love you. And Jim, even if you say no to the wedding, please let me be a part of the road you' ll take."

Jim was so surprised he didn't say anything.

"Oh shit I forget to ask you properly ehm…And ehm eh eh will you damn it eh eh will you marry me-eh-eh-HuuuEEEMMh'tsssshuuuuh ! Will you marry me ?"

Jim was so shocked he didn't know what to say. He looked at Matt, almost forgetting to bat his eyelashes. Matt frowned slightly.

"Jim ? I mean…Can you say...Something ?"
"Bless you." he said, as a reflex.

Matt looked down a bit. Jim rolled his eyes realizing what he just said.

"Yes of course I will !"

And he threw himself into Matt's arms to kiss him. Between two kisses he murmured.

"Oh my...Bless you Matthew Hatfield, you don't know how many times I waited for you to hear these words."
“Really ?” said Matt with a smile, and blushing a little.
"I love you so much." murmured Jim, kissing Matt on the nose.
"Well are you sure of that? We're kinda engaged now."
"Stop talking nonsense my love"

Matt gently put the ring on Jim's ring finger. Both were shaking. Jim frowned slightly.

"Wait…"

He stopped Matt's hand and looked at the ring more closely. Inside the ring, there was an engraved word.

Solal.

Jim looked at Matt, moved and surprised.

"Did…Why…Why did you put this word ?"

Matt smiled slightly.

"My dear Jim, you're my guide. And I wear I'm going to be yours. And Solal well you know, it means guide or “the one who show the path” and I thought…Yes I thought it could sounds like us. Also I remem…Jim?”

Jim couldn't help letting out a tear, then a few others rolling down his cheeks.

"M'sorry I..."

Matt leaned down slightly and kissed Jim on his wet cheek.

"Dearest ? I also remember" Matt whispered, kissing his lover with infinite gentleness on the face, caressing his cheeks and his hair, "…One day, at the ocean, you told me how I made think of you of your imaginary friend …And I remembered his name…And…I loved so much whar Solal meant that I thought…Love, why you're still crying it's…"
"Oh Matt...I'm crying cause you're...You...Oh my love...How...How did you even...I can't with you...You are the most incredible person I know." melted Jim with a sob, so touched by Matt's attention that he collapsed in Matt's arms and kissed him passionately.

They kissed again and again. Matt pulled back slowly and began to gasp.

"Sorry…I think you're right…I might have a c-c-cold…"
"Honey you're shaking" realized Jim, gently rubbing Matt's arms to warm him up.
"MmmmaaaaAAAA'tttshhhhUUUUh!" sneezed Matt on the side, covering it with his hand.
"We can do everything you want but you gotta be warm" begged Jim.
"Well that's romantic mister James Hatfield..." Matt muttered.

He smiled when he saw that Jim was blushing. James Hatfield. Oh yes, he would take this name without doubt.

"Everything" repeated Jim with a teasing gaze.

Matt's smile widened. Glad at the idea of stripping under the duvet suddenly seemed very interesting. They got up together quickly. And Matt grabbed Jim against him seeing him flinch slightly. Jim was losing his balance. As if he was going to faint.

"Jim ! Are you okay ?" he was suddenly very worried, even though Jim still had his eyes open and, although leaning slightly on Matt, he straightened up with no problem.
"I'm fine" but his voice had lowered "I must have had a little too much to drink" he said smiling, putting a ring of Matt behind his ear.
"Don't you dare. You were going to pass out!"
"No...I'm fine..." protested weakly Jim, pale as death.

Matt shook his head and continued to support Jim, afraid he would lose his balance again.

"James. You are the one who's sick." he realized.
"You sneezed...At least 15 times so far." said Jim in his calm voice.
"You counted my..." realized Matt a bit surprised then shaking his head "Nevermind. Let me."

And they walked together to the bed. Matt let Jim sit on the edge. Jim suppressed a yawn.

"You're so fucking tired actually." finally realized Matt.
"No I'm..."

But Jim yawned and it cut whatever lie he was going to say. The yawn was so damn cute that Matt bited his lips unconsciously. Jim covered his mouth with his hand but a little late.

"Excuse me."

His eyes were so brilliant of fatigue.

"Why didn't you say you were that tired?" Matt mumbled as he sat down next to Jim. He crossed his legs in front of him and began to gently massage his temples.
"Matt I..." and Jim closed his eyes, letting Matt do it with pleasure. His body relaxed at Matt's nimble, comforting touch - "it's Christmas. Before saw you since...Last night. And...We barely saw each other this month and...And you prepared everything and...And jeez you even proposed tonight!"

He was feeling kinda shameful. Matt rolled his eyes again.

"Hey you" he says kindly but also a little annoyed "Dont you think you could just tell me that you were tired? It's ok. I...I never wanted this night to be perfect. And actually, you saying yes is making the night perfect to me."

Jim opened his eyes again directly into Matt's.

"It's my fault. Otherwise it was perfect."
"Hey don't be stupid. I thought I was the stupidest one." said Matt gently.
"I don't think that question has ever been answered for good."
"I thought we did every other day."
"So today it's mine?"

Matt smiled lightly.

"Who cares."

He leaned and kissed Jim quickly.

"We're going to bed early and that's fine by me."
"Matt I can watch a little you know."

He looked like he was fighting a yawn again and Matt smiled. He put a finger to Jim's mouth.

"And that's the proof you can't."

Jim opened his mouth as if to protest but let out a soft sneeze, light as hair and sounded so cute to the ear.

"Huh-hupshiiiiew !"

Matt felt his finger get a little wet but it was just a thin film of moisture. The more it was used to. He didn't have Jim's fetish, but anything that came from Jim always seemed particularly adorable to him. And his sneezes pleased him. Especially when Jim let them slip because Matt knew how intimate this act was in his eyes.

"Oh Matt sorry...I didn't mean to sneeze on youuu-uuuu-uuuhtishhhuuuh !" Jim sneezed on the side and then yawned again.
"Ok that's probably the most adorable thing ever ? How come you're sneezing like a wet kitten, my poor poor tired fiancé..." Matt teased gently.

And Matt took him in his arms and hugged him, almost rocking him. Jim leaned against him.

"M'sorry..." he repeated.
"I guessed you caught my cold already" whispered Matt, stroking Jim's back.
"Maybe...Eh-Eh-AAA-PSSSSHIIIEW ! Oh damn it..." Jim muttered, a little embarrassed because he thought he had been too loud.
"You just can't seem to stop...That's rare for you." remaked Matt.
"I-uh-uh...Iiiii-T'shUUUUh !" sneezed Jim with despair.
"Maybe your body wants me to bless you to stop..." Matt giggled, loving how Jim's body reared up against his before relaxing completely against him.
"Dont be ridiculous it's EHeaaaAAA’TSHIIUUh-Uh! Uuuh…"
"Bless you." said gently Matt, amused of how loud Jim sounded, even though he didn't mean to.
"Thank you" sighed Jim and he yawned again.

Matt smiled. Jim realized he was done sneezing and laughed a little.

"Okay maybe you were right."
"I'm good with words." boasted Matt.

And they lie down to the bed. Matt shivered a bit. He slipped under the covers fully dressed and pulled Jim against him.

"You even better than you think" whispered Jim looking at him again even thought he so wanted to close his eyes again to rest them.
"Oh really ? Tell me more." asked Matt softly caressing Jim's hair.
"I can't believe we're engaged...'" smiled Jim looking so happy behind this fatigue that Matt's heart made a little jump.
"Thank God I'm a good speaker."
"Yes..."
"Jim dear?"
"M-mmm?"
"Please close your eyes and sleep."
"But I-HhhheeeaaaaaaTshUUUh ! M-mmmm I can't stop sneezing Matt..."

Matt giggled a little and took Jim against him.

"I don't mind. Do you mind if I sneeze on you tonight ?" he asked, gently caressing Jim's hair.

Jim closed his eyes and leaned against Matt's chest with relief and happiness.

"Oh no" he whispered
"And please do."
"I'll do my best." assured Matt.

Jim's breathing calmed down. He was really exhausted. Matt kissed him above the eyes.

"Sweet dreams my dear Jim"
"I love you so much I hope I'll dream of you tonight" murmured Jim, so overwhelmed with fatigue that he didn't realize what he was saying.
"I'll try to slip into your dream" Matt muttered with a smile as he hugged the half asleep Jim.
"Huh-III-ShiiiIIIIew !" Jim sneezed on Matt's chest not stifling him, he was so exhausted, "So-sorry...Sniff..."
"Bless you my dear Jim." and Matt kissed Jim again. He couldn't care less about Jim's sneezing against him. He only hoped Jim could rest for once.
"Mmmm...."

Matt put his glasses on the coffee table. He turned off the light and hugged Jim. He closed his eyes as he breathed in Jim's scent. He was about to fall asleep and felt like he was going to sneeze. He gasped lightly and did his best to stifling his sneeze.

"Huuuuht-tShhhuuggnnnmmm'!"

That hurts. He took a small breath.

"Huuuuhhhhh"
"Mmmm…"

Surprised by this moan, Matt let a big sneeze escaped him.

"HuhhhaaaaaaAAPPP'SHHHIEEEW !"
"I love you too" mumbled Jim in his sleep.

Matt chuckled and kissed Jim in the hair.

"Jimmy dearest…"

Jim smiled in his half-sleep. He was sick, but he didn't care.

Matt leaned against Jim. How yeah, he was sick as hell, just like Jim apparently.

But they both didn't care. The cold was nothing. They were never going to part again. That was something.

Oh this was so wonderful- thank you.  I love both Jim and Matt so much and how amazing they are to each other.  The ring was perfect, the proposal perfect and intimate - it was all wonderful!

@Lily Thank you for the update!

The whole instalment left me feeling warm and fuzzy, especially with Matt sneezing his way through the marriage proposal and Jim getting teary and emotional over the ring and the engraving inside it.

Aww, I'm glad you're updating this story so regularly ❤️ the proposal was adorable, I'm excited to read what you planned for the ending! Merci Lily 💙💙

This is a fic I always come back to. Wonderful new chapter. The chemistry, the sneezing, the story itself. Love it. 

salut salut to all my kind readers ❤️

I'm sorry it took me more time to post, but I have started a summer job and have so many things to do/managing this past days...hope you will enjoy this chapter

thank you for all the love your giving to this story, your comments always made me feel good in times where I need some support

feeling blessed 🥰

CHAPTER 21 – A SPRING WEDDING ?

Matt nervously fiddled with his black ring, a black one that looked blue in the light. Kind of like Jim's hair. A hazelnut-colored sparkle shone in the center. It was his engagement ring and usually fingering it was enough to soothe his nerves. But could we decently hope that he would have calmed his nerves given the situation ? In just under two hours, he would be married to Jim. His Jim.

"Hey be careful !" he grunted as Luke was adjusting his shirt collar and his silver signet ring had scratched him in the neck.
"Sorry Sunshine" murmured Luke, focused to make Matt looking the best possible.

He could feel how nervous Matt was. His breathing was tense and his eyes very keen on going in all directions. Luke tried to be gentle in his gestures.

"No I'm sorry" sighed Matt putting his hand on Luke's shoulder "I'm..."
"You're nervous" smiled gently Luke. "And it's ok." he added because Matt frowned and was about to reply with a witty phrase to defend himself.

Matt nodded without saying anything. Oh yes he was nervous. Denying it was useless. Luke parted from Matt to let him look at himself in the mirror.

Matt was very handsome. His black suit brought out the light in his face, the golden and copper curls, the shining eyes, the soft and sensitive features of his face. However, he didn't seem convinced. Luke wondered. It was as if Matt couldn't see his own reflection. Matt was examining his collar and he frowned slightly.

"How do I look?"

Luke giggled.

"You are very handsome Matt."
"Very ? That's not enough. I have to be perfect !" and Matt looked all over himself again.

Luke burst into a light laugh. Oh dear. His beautiful sunshine, his ex lover but now dear friend was never going to change. He was getting married though. A weird feeling squeezed his heart. Matt. Married. Matt turned to him and glared.

"I don't see how that’s funny." he grunted.
"Babe..."

Luke approached Matt again. He wore a pearl gray suit that brought out his black skin and the multitude of jewels he wore. He put his hands gently on Matt's shoulders.

"I'm not saying that to make you happy. I see pretty boys every day. Today you are very handsome. I'm almost jealous of Jim." he confessed.
"Almost ?"

Matt grimaced comically as it was not enough and Luke laughed again. Matt let himself laugh in turn but not for long. He turned to Luke and stiffened.

"Okay. I've got this right?"

His voice was tense.

"Of course you do." Luke assured.
"Yeah..."

Matt still looked nervous.

"Okay. Matt let's try something." said Luke with his steady doctor voice.

So Luke put his hands on Matt's neck and massaged gently.

"Breathe slowly. Just like when you have swimming practice."

Matt frowned but let Luke do it. And he realized his breathing was gasping so he concentrated and tried to match Luke's breathing. Luke's chocolate eyes bore into his. He closed his eyes. Imagining Jim's face. And smiled. Luke waited for Matt to calm down and kissed him softly on the cheek.

"See ? You've got this."

Matt nodded. Then he frowned.

"Where's Liz ? I didn't really see her...I could use..."
"She is with Carol."
"But Carol is already with Jim."
"Yeah well..." shrugged Luke.
"Jim have both of the girls and I ended up with you ?" Matt grimaced.
"That's harsh" said Luke with a small grimace, poking lightly at his own heart.
"Sorry."

Matt looked at Luke. And he did not hesitate long. He curled up in Luke's arms. Luke was a bit surprised as Matt never did this kind of things spontaneously. Even when they were together. Matt was tender, that was not the point. But he only did it for the other. Today, Luke felt how much Matt needed tenderness and demanded it. Luke was hugging him gently in his arms, not wanting to ruffle their suits. Matt inhaled slowly. He smelled of Luke's perfume, which, like Jim's, had citrus notes but a stronger peppery tone. He wrinkled his nose softly but didn't leave Luke's arms. His heart was pounding. Luke smiled upon feeling it.

"I'm so happy for you Sunshine" he whispered in his ear.

Matt smiled slightly. He was so lucky to have him today. Luke was always travelling. Him being here with him today was so nice. And he was a great friend, even thought Matt couldn't admit it. Not to his face anyways.

"Thank you."

He sniffed lightly. Oh no. Matt had taken his allergy medication as the wedding was a spring wedding and partially outside and he didn't want to have a fit of sneezing in front of everyone. But Luke had a very peppery scent, too much for Matt's sensitive nostrils.

"Did you…Did you put pepper in your wardrobe ?" he asked in a teasing tone, pulling away from Luke, gently rubbing under his nose with his index finger.

Luke looked at him, a bit surprised.

"What, don't you have no taste anymore ?" teased Luke "This is Le Male from Gaultier."
"No need to f-french it up…Oh man that’s…Uh…Way too strong…"

Luke sniffed his own collar to check.

"Hii-HiiaaaAAAshhhUUU !" sneezed loudly Matt in his hands.

Luke jumped.

"Oh my god Matt !"
"It's your f-fff-ffault hhhii-hiiiISHU !"

Luke rolled his eyes and gave Matt a handkerchief.

"Stop sneezing in your hands, you should now by now that is…"
"Shut up d-doc kkk-eshuUUUU"
"You shut up already" replied Luke, laughing a bit as Matt was never so loud and dramatic as when he sneezed.

Matt blew his nose and felt relieved of the smell.

"Crazy how you always managed to found a way to piss me off" Matt muttered.
"Oh, you should remember, you were quite good too" said Luke, with a light of amusement.

Matt looked at him, and ended up smiling too. He lost his smile and gasped slightly. Luke understood he was going to sneeze again, and boy, he never knew someone who sneezed that much. So he dramatically rolled his eyes, looking at Matt panting.

“HasSHIEW !” Matt sneezed in his handkerchief; no way he was sneezing into his elbow for fear of ruining his suit.
"Bless you." finally said Luke.
"Finally" Matt muttered, blowing his nose again.

The door opened.

"Your future husband is read...Oh my, Matt..." said Lizzie, who entered the room, covering her face in surprise.
"What what ? Is there something wrong with...Liz talk !" said immediately Matt, as he turned over her, nervous again.
"She meant wow Matt you are so handsome." Added Carol, who appeared behind Liz, smiling.

Lizzie wore a purple suit and she even had a violet tucked into her curls. Carol wore a white and purple dress. They were both very pretty. And the place where Matt and Jim were getting married was the same place where they had their 10 years wedding anniversary. Matt was so grateful to them to have managed to reserved the place for his wedding. Everything was perfect. His chosen family was here. Lizzie was so moved at the thought of Matt getting married that she felt her eyes water.

"Liz, you better not cry," Matt threatened, getting emotional himself to see her in this state.
"I'm not...I mean...Oh Matt I'm so happy !"

She approached and hugged him gently. Carol smiled and leaned back in the doorway.

"Slowly" recommended Luke to Lizzie, a bit concerned that she might wrinkle Matt's suit, but also because he wanted to keep his prilege of being the only one Matt hugged.

Matt let himself being hugged but made efforts not to explode. Lizzie's emotion was going to her head. Lizzie sighed.

"Matt…I'm really happy for you. And Jim. And…And I’m so proud of you right now…"
"Thank you Liz." Matt replied, his throat tight.

Luke and Carol exchanged a knowing little smile. Poor Matt. Getting vulnerable the day of the wedding. Lizzie parted from Matt, wiping the corners of her eyes where tears were beading with a nervous chuckle. Matt kissed her on the forehead.

"What did you do with the most beautiful man on earth ?"
"Well I'm here" joked Luke.

Lizzie gave Luke a little blow in the stomach.

"Don't you dare saying that in front of Jim today !"
"C'mon I'm joking."

Carol hide a little giggle behind her fist then looked at Matt.

"He's still in the room. I know it's against tradition but you should come see him before the ceremony starts."

Matt frowned. Carol said this in a light and calm tone, but he immediatly felt something was off.

"Why ?"
"Well he… " started Lizzie, looking at Carol, not knowing how telling this.
"He is really nervous, actually "said Carol simply.
"My Jim is nervous ?" Matt wondered.
"Well he is marrying you, so I get him" teased Luke.
“Shut up !” said Lizzie, rolling her eyes.

Matt would have probably answered Luke, scoffing as usual. But not today. He thought only of Jim. Was he really nervous ? He had to talk to him.

"So anyways, maybe you should just check on him. I'm sure if he see you he's gonna be alright. Again, I know it's not traditional but… " started Carol.
"I don’t care about traditions " cutted Matt,"I’m going. Go to the ceremony room, we will be there soon."

And he didn't expect any particular answers, leaving the room and heading towards the one where Jim was getting ready. He took a deep breath, knocked and entered.

"Hey soon-to-be-husband."

Jim jumped and turned to Matt. Both eyes widened and melted as they discovered each other. Jim wore a very well cut black suit, assorted to Matt’s. He looked even higher than usual with this beautiful suit.

"You're…B-breathtaking Matthew." Jim whispered.
"Oh dear." smiled Matt, blushing lightly and coming closer "You are very b..."
"But you shouldn't be here" cutted Jim.

Matt stopped. The girls were right. Jim was taut as a bow. He thought for a moment. He chose to be delicate.

"Jim, I was nervous too. Actually I'm still are. But look I'll show you how..."
"Stop ! Go back to your room. I'm fine but...We need to let the things started." said nervously Jim.

Matt frowned. He didn't recognize his sweet collected Jim. Yes sometimes Jim was nervous but not to the point of not talking. Not to the point of avoiding his gaze.

"Love you're not fine. We're not starting this wedding with you being so nervous." he said calmly.

Jim turned to Matt and smiled. His big charismatic smile. The one that dazzles everyone. Which even made Matt attracted to him only in a physical manner at first, though after, with days of learning to know each other, Matt always preferred Jim's lighter, familiar smiles. Those who seemed to him the most intimate.

"Sorry I was a bit stressed. But I'm good." he said.
"You're terrible at lying." said Matt as he sat down on the edge of the table.
"I'm ok. Please go. The ceremony..." Jim begged, getting nervous again.
"But I don't want to go."
"Fine I'll go then..."

Matt saw him walk away towards the door. He did not think through and plunged his nose into the bouquet of lilies putted on the table. He inhaled and despite the medication, it burned his nose almost immediately, as lilies were probably the most triggering flowers for him. He ran up to Jim and put his hand on Jim's, which was on the knob of the door.

"Jim wait !" he took a deep breath and..."Ahhh-hhh-hhhhHH-EEET’SHIIIEW !"

Jim could feel it slightly ok his neck. He froze but didn't turn around.

"You’re cheating." he murmured, as sneezing was his weak spot.
"Well I'm sorry, but you-uuuh-you are stubborn and I didn't know how else to stop you-uuh-TISHIIIU ! EhhuuuSHIEW ! Shh…Hhhh…HIII-TSHEW ! TShhhuUUU ! HhhhAAAAPSHIEW !"

Matt started to cover them to avoid making a mess on Jim's costume as he couldn't aimed precisely on Jim's neck every time. The itching deepened.

"Jim look at...aaaaAAAp-shIIIEW ! Look at me."

Jim lowered his head slightly but still didn't turn. He fiddled with the button on the door.

"Since when eeeeh-EPSHIEW ! Damn…When don't youu-Uuu’tshUUUU ! B-bless me-iiiIIIIEW ! Mmm…An…Any…Anymore hhhuuuh-TSHIEW !?"

Jim sighed.

"Oh god I'm going to-uh-uh…Ahh-ARCHIEEEAH ! H…Hhh-huh-huh-huh-HAAA-ARTSHOOO! Ha-Ha-Haaapchiew ! ARR…RRRPSHIEEEEW ! F-f-faint or..."

Jim turned and pulled out a silk handkerchief from his suit. Matt took it.

"HHHH-Shuuuuh ! HHHH-SHUUU ! Htt’tishhhEEEW !" he sneezed into the hankerchief.
"Bless you" finally said Jim.

Matt breathed a little. He again sneezed violently in the tissue.

"P’sshIIIEW ! Hhhh-PSHIUH ! Oh g-g-UHTSHUUU ! Snif !"
"Bless you"

Matt blew his nose. Jim looked at him. He looked worried but Matt was more concerned about how tense he looked.

"No. I can't get married with you."

Not right now, he forgot to added. Besides being tense, Jim had a look of dread on his face when he heard Matt. Matt had a determined, resolute face. And Jim wanted to communicate with him, he really did, but…

"Come with me" said Matt, taking his hand in his and pulling him out of the room.

Mi am so happy for the update but what a cliffhanger!  Please don’t leave us hanging too long:). Your writing is wonderful and I find myself reading parts  over every night.

I love this story so much I hope it never ends- I'd follow these characters forever honestly ❤️ I come back every day hoping to read more of your amazing writing so please continue soon! M/M stories are always my favourite 

Here I was thinking we were going to see their happy ending and the story would be over 😭 and it’s on one hell of a cliffhanger!

Talk about torture! (And some magnificent sneezing!)

I love Matt and Jim and I’ve loved following their journey together!

salut salut

@Privatedancer I did the fastest I could, I hope you will like this chapter !!

@dwaekki that's so sweet thank you very much !! yes I get that I love m/m stories too !!

@solitaire-au the next chapter will probably the last one, even tough I planned to do short stories on the side concerning the boys, as I remembered that Matt have an allergy to the cats (I mentionned it in one of the first chapters) and I was like "how could I forget that and not using it ?" + I think it was @Privatedancer who suggested me a cute sneeze story related to Luke and I tought it could be fun to write.

I do take suggestions for the sequel stories 🤗

CHAPTER 22 - A BINDING DETOUR

"Hiii-hii-ISHIEW!" as he dragged Jim down the hall, squeezing his hand again as he sneezed in the handkerchief again.

Jim allowed himself to be carried away without understanding. He had no idea what Matt had in mind. They got out of the beautiful house and Matt, looking around as if to check that no one was watching them, leading him to the parking lot. To Jim's motorcycle. Matt looked at him.

"Let's go. I want a drive…So, drive me please." he said in a collected tone.
"Matt you're c-crazy. We're supposed to get m-married right now." stuttered Jim.

You can't even say it properly was Matt's thought. But Matt had learned not to say everything that popped into his head. Jim had taught her better than anyone how hurtful that could be.

"Please. Take me wherever you want. I want to take a ride with you." insisted Matt with a sweet tone.
"You hate motorcycles." argued Jim, lost about Matt's intentions.
"Not when you're driving. Please ?"

Jim looked at Matt. Matt looked at him seriously. Jim sighed. Well. He was so lost anyway, that he would do anything Matt asked of him. Jim pulled out the headsets and handed one to Matt who put it on. Jim got on the bike and Matt followed. He ran his hands over Jim's stomach and gripped it.

"Just drive." he said softly in his ear.

And Jim did. Matt's voice. His voice asking him to drive. Such a confident tone. Of course he listened to him. He drove for several minutes. Seeing the landscape go by did him good. He felt Matt's hands. His arms. Her body against his. This thought soothed him.

"hhhhHHHSSSHH-TSHHHIUH!" sneezed Matt because of the dust, freely, spraying a little Jim's neck.
"Bless you" murmured Jim as it reminded him of their first drive together.
"What ?" said Matt, struggling with another sneeze and with the motor and the warm wind, didn't hear Jim's soft voice.
"Bless..."
"Huuh-TISHIUH ! Uh…" sneezed loudly Matt, turning lightly his head as he didn't want Jim's costume to be ruined by his fault.
"Are you okay ?" asked Jim louder.
"Yep don't worry ! Just some dust."

Matt leaned against Jim's back and closed his eyes. He was no longer afraid on a motorcycle. And anyway he was unafraid of anything. Not with Jim. After a while Jim stopped, cut the engine and got off the bike. He took off his helmet and ran his hands through his hair. Matt took off his helmet and sneezed, as he felt the tickle from this dusty sunny road was getting over him.

"EH-he-he-ETSSSHUUH ! He…UH-TSHIUH ! P’sssHIEW ! J-jeez…"

He sniffed slightly and frowned. He looked up at Jim and raised his eyebrows.

"You don't even bless me anymore?" he teased.

Jim looked down a little bit. Matt approached him and stroked his cheek.

"Jim..."
"I'm sorry."

Jim still wasn't looking at him. Matt frowned a little bit.

"James dear, what's the deal ?"
"Well...I don't know."

Matt ran his hand through Jim's hair. Then his two hands very gently.

"Dearest Jim..."
"Stop..." murmured Jim.

Matt took his hands straight out of Jim's hair.

"Sorry." he apologized, concerned by Jim.
"No don't...I mean...I'm sorry..." Jim stuttered.
"Don't be." said calmly Matt, trying to reassuring Jim.

Jim looked at Matt.

"I'm sorry I don't understand...Why..."
"You know, between the two of us, I thought I would be the most nervous." said gently Matt, but honestly.
"Well I guessed I proved today I'm the coward. In case you didn't know it yet." chuckled Jim but looking down as he was convinced of it.
"Love...Jim..." Matt whispered.

Matt took Jim's hands. Jim's fingers crossed Matt's almost naturally. Instinctively. Matt looked up into Jim's beautiful eyes.

"It's just me."
"..."
"Are you...I'm sorry, do you still want to do this ?"

Jim swallowed slightly. He bit his lips.

"Marrying you?"
"Yes."
"Of course. I..."

Matt looked at him then lowered his eyes out of modesty. And also to let Jim take his time. He knew him well enough to know that when Jim was tense he needed time. Of space. He was very respectful of it.

"I want you as my husband more than anything. I just...I think I..."
“Hhh-hold on…Uh-Utt’shhhuh !” Matt sneezed and slightly pinched his nose in the process, then sighed to relieved a bit of the pressure, "Excuse me."
"Bless you." muttered Jim.

And Jim brought his face closer to Matt and kissed him almost shyly on the cheek.

"I...I love you Matt. I just...I don't know. For a moment, I felt like I was alone and lost and..."
"And ?"
"I thought about…In fact, I was afraid of ruining everything…"
"How could you have ruined everything?" Matt wondered.
"Matt…I grew up with only one marriage pattern in my head. And it wasn't a very happy marriage. I know it's silly, I know I'm not my parents, but…But while for a moment I thought to myself that I would be the worst husband in the world." confessed Jim.

The weight on his chest disappeared when he saw Matt's eyes. He saw him nodding. For Matt, it was hard to hear, but he knew it was even harder for Jim to say.

"I get it, James."
“Really ?” asked Jim, looking at Matt.
"I didn't have any role models concerning mariage. Apart from…Liz and Carol, of course. But it came late."
"I would like to be up to it" sighed Jim.
"You will be. And I'll try to be up to it, for you, too."
"Matt..."
“Jim, you are my pillar. And, well I hope to be yours.” said Matt softly.
"Of course you are."
"Our wedding...It's just us having a great day. Many more will come. Today, it's just about us telling how much we love each other. And some people we love watching."
"Now that you're there in front of me everything seems to make sense again." smiled Jim, feeling great again.
"Jim...All of this only makes sense because it's you." said softly Matt.

Jim felt melt at his words. All his tension disappeared. He looked at Matt and smiled at him. He leaned over a little and kissed him. Matt ran a hand gently down the back of Jim's neck and kissed him back. Jim blushed a bit. They parted slightly, their mouths almost touching as they whispered.

"I love you Matthew."
"I hope so."
"No but really you can't even know how much"
"I love you James"
"I...Oh I..." Jim frowned a little bit and gasped then he pulled his face away and sneezed into his hand pinching his nose slightly but too late which sounded a bit stuck but which sounded wet "Hhhhuh''keesheeew !"
"Bless you" said Matt with tenderness.
"hi-HHi-HHiShshssshIEw !" sneezed more freely Jim on the side, looking a bit confused and moistening the lips.

Matt melted. He wasn't attracted by sneezes as Jim but his lover's fetish had an impact on how he viewed sneezing and Jim was so adorable he couldn't help but find him cute. Also Jim was probably the only person Matt always wanted to bless.

"Oh my. Bless you kitten." and Matt kissed Jim long and straight nose.

Jim blushed.

"Thank you. Excuse me I don't know where they came from."
"Excitement maybe ?" teased Matt by stroking his nose with Jim's.

Jim scoffed and kissed Matt again. Then he turned again.

"I love-I love-I love you-uuuuUUhSchhIEW !"

He just had the time to put his hand between their two faces to cover a big sneeze that probably came from the sun tickling his nose. Matt jumped slightly.

"Jeez ! Jimmy are you ok?"

He gave him his own handkerchief realizing that if Jim had lent him, now it was his turn to gave him his. Jim blushed a little and took the handkerchief. He just gently dabbed the tip of his nose.

"Just the sun you know..."
"Right."
"Sorry. Didn't mean to be that loud."
"Ugh please you're saying that to me? Dearest. Bless you."

Jim melted again and kissed him on the forehead.

"You're a sweetheart."
"Nah, I'm just yours." grunted Matt, trying to steal a kiss from Jim.

Jim chuckled in such an adorable manner Matt couldn’t do anything else but melting on the inside and have a stupid smile on his face.

"Sorry we had to take this road to talk about it."
"Are you kidding? Loved the ride. And there was too much noise there. I wanted to have you for myself."

Jim smiled. It was so typical of Matt to turn the situation around so as not to make him feel guilty.

"So... Jimmy boy, are you going to take my name yes or no ?"
"Of course yes." and Jim finally kissed Matt who blushed a bit.

Matt. Still blushing like it was day one. That was something. Jim caressed his burning cheeks and looked at him with fondness then he looked a bit surprised as he seemed to realize something.

"Oh my...What if I said no to you ? Like..."
"Oh well...Hey let me kiss you...!" Matt grimaced, trying to kiss Jim's mouth, Jim lifting his face slightly to listen Matt's answer.
"Well we would have...Just rode with your bike and...Driven and done...Whatever...As long as I am with you and you're happy, I really don't care."

Jim smiled and kissed Matt tenderly. Matt stroked Jim's neck and gently brushed his hair back. They parted slowly, letting the sun caress their faces. As usual, the moment the sun settled on Jim's nose, he felt the usual tickle. He widened his eyes slightly, as if in surprise, opened his mouth slightly, and emitted a series of small gasps because the sneeze wouldn't come out. Matt stroked his forehead gently.

"My poor Jim. Tortured by the sun."
"Hhh-hhh-s-sorry I…Need…"

He pulled away slightly, put his hand over his mouth and nose, and sneezed softly.

"Huuuuhhhhh-thhhhuuuuh !"

Matt bit his lip to keep from laughing.

"Bless you love. We should go, Lizzie is going to freak out."

Jim gently rubbed the tip of his nose with his index finger and sighed in relief.

"Thank you. Yes, let's go."

They got back on the bike and before putting on his helmet, Matt hugged Jim lovingly. Jim smiled, put one of his hands on Matt's and stroked it gently.

"Thank you for everything Matt."
"Don't thanks me too much" murmured Matt, kissing Jim's shoulder and putting on his helmet, "It's just…What I do."
"I know. But you do that to me. And I'm so grateful."

Matt blushed again, but this time Jim couldn't see it.

"C'mon stop it..."

Jim laughed lightly. Matt had a hard time taking Jim's compliments because for him, he was the lucky one. He had to be the one who was grateful. He hugged Jim close to him. Jim leaned over, kissed Matt's hand, then started the bike.

Now it was for the wedding. Finally.

1 hour ago, Lily said:

salut salut

@Privatedancer I did the fastest I could, I hope you will like this chapter !!

@dwaekki that's so sweet thank you very much !! yes I get that I love m/m stories too !!

@solitaire-au the next chapter will probably the last one, even tough I planned to do short stories on the side concerning the boys, as I remembered that Matt have an allergy to the cats (I mentionned it in one of the first chapters) and I was like "how could I forget that and not using it ?" + I think it was @Privatedancer who suggested me a cute sneeze story related to Luke and I tought it could be fun to write.

I do take suggestions for the sequel stories 🤗

CHAPTER 22 - A BINDING DETOUR

"Hiii-hii-ISHIEW!" as he dragged Jim down the hall, squeezing his hand again as he sneezed in the handkerchief again.

Jim allowed himself to be carried away without understanding. He had no idea what Matt had in mind. They got out of the beautiful house and Matt, looking around as if to check that no one was watching them, leading him to the parking lot. To Jim's motorcycle. Matt looked at him.

"Let's go. I want a drive…So, drive me please." he said in a collected tone.
"Matt you're c-crazy. We're supposed to get m-married right now." stuttered Jim.

You can't even say it properly was Matt's thought. But Matt had learned not to say everything that popped into his head. Jim had taught her better than anyone how hurtful that could be.

"Please. Take me wherever you want. I want to take a ride with you." insisted Matt with a sweet tone.
"You hate motorcycles." argued Jim, lost about Matt's intentions.
"Not when you're driving. Please ?"

Jim looked at Matt. Matt looked at him seriously. Jim sighed. Well. He was so lost anyway, that he would do anything Matt asked of him. Jim pulled out the headsets and handed one to Matt who put it on. Jim got on the bike and Matt followed. He ran his hands over Jim's stomach and gripped it.

"Just drive." he said softly in his ear.

And Jim did. Matt's voice. His voice asking him to drive. Such a confident tone. Of course he listened to him. He drove for several minutes. Seeing the landscape go by did him good. He felt Matt's hands. His arms. Her body against his. This thought soothed him.

"hhhhHHHSSSHH-TSHHHIUH!" sneezed Matt because of the dust, freely, spraying a little Jim's neck.
"Bless you" murmured Jim as it reminded him of their first drive together.
"What ?" said Matt, struggling with another sneeze and with the motor and the warm wind, didn't hear Jim's soft voice.
"Bless..."
"Huuh-TISHIUH ! Uh…" sneezed loudly Matt, turning lightly his head as he didn't want Jim's costume to be ruined by his fault.
"Are you okay ?" asked Jim louder.
"Yep don't worry ! Just some dust."

Matt leaned against Jim's back and closed his eyes. He was no longer afraid on a motorcycle. And anyway he was unafraid of anything. Not with Jim. After a while Jim stopped, cut the engine and got off the bike. He took off his helmet and ran his hands through his hair. Matt took off his helmet and sneezed, as he felt the tickle from this dusty sunny road was getting over him.

"EH-he-he-ETSSSHUUH ! He…UH-TSHIUH ! P’sssHIEW ! J-jeez…"

He sniffed slightly and frowned. He looked up at Jim and raised his eyebrows.

"You don't even bless me anymore?" he teased.

Jim looked down a little bit. Matt approached him and stroked his cheek.

"Jim..."
"I'm sorry."

Jim still wasn't looking at him. Matt frowned a little bit.

"James dear, what's the deal ?"
"Well...I don't know."

Matt ran his hand through Jim's hair. Then his two hands very gently.

"Dearest Jim..."
"Stop..." murmured Jim.

Matt took his hands straight out of Jim's hair.

"Sorry." he apologized, concerned by Jim.
"No don't...I mean...I'm sorry..." Jim stuttered.
"Don't be." said calmly Matt, trying to reassuring Jim.

Jim looked at Matt.

"I'm sorry I don't understand...Why..."
"You know, between the two of us, I thought I would be the most nervous." said gently Matt, but honestly.
"Well I guessed I proved today I'm the coward. In case you didn't know it yet." chuckled Jim but looking down as he was convinced of it.
"Love...Jim..." Matt whispered.

Matt took Jim's hands. Jim's fingers crossed Matt's almost naturally. Instinctively. Matt looked up into Jim's beautiful eyes.

"It's just me."
"..."
"Are you...I'm sorry, do you still want to do this ?"

Jim swallowed slightly. He bit his lips.

"Marrying you?"
"Yes."
"Of course. I..."

Matt looked at him then lowered his eyes out of modesty. And also to let Jim take his time. He knew him well enough to know that when Jim was tense he needed time. Of space. He was very respectful of it.

"I want you as my husband more than anything. I just...I think I..."
“Hhh-hold on…Uh-Utt’shhhuh !” Matt sneezed and slightly pinched his nose in the process, then sighed to relieved a bit of the pressure, "Excuse me."
"Bless you." muttered Jim.

And Jim brought his face closer to Matt and kissed him almost shyly on the cheek.

"I...I love you Matt. I just...I don't know. For a moment, I felt like I was alone and lost and..."
"And ?"
"I thought about…In fact, I was afraid of ruining everything…"
"How could you have ruined everything?" Matt wondered.
"Matt…I grew up with only one marriage pattern in my head. And it wasn't a very happy marriage. I know it's silly, I know I'm not my parents, but…But while for a moment I thought to myself that I would be the worst husband in the world." confessed Jim.

The weight on his chest disappeared when he saw Matt's eyes. He saw him nodding. For Matt, it was hard to hear, but he knew it was even harder for Jim to say.

"I get it, James."
“Really ?” asked Jim, looking at Matt.
"I didn't have any role models concerning mariage. Apart from…Liz and Carol, of course. But it came late."
"I would like to be up to it" sighed Jim.
"You will be. And I'll try to be up to it, for you, too."
"Matt..."
“Jim, you are my pillar. And, well I hope to be yours.” said Matt softly.
"Of course you are."
"Our wedding...It's just us having a great day. Many more will come. Today, it's just about us telling how much we love each other. And some people we love watching."
"Now that you're there in front of me everything seems to make sense again." smiled Jim, feeling great again.
"Jim...All of this only makes sense because it's you." said softly Matt.

Jim felt melt at his words. All his tension disappeared. He looked at Matt and smiled at him. He leaned over a little and kissed him. Matt ran a hand gently down the back of Jim's neck and kissed him back. Jim blushed a bit. They parted slightly, their mouths almost touching as they whispered.

"I love you Matthew."
"I hope so."
"No but really you can't even know how much"
"I love you James"
"I...Oh I..." Jim frowned a little bit and gasped then he pulled his face away and sneezed into his hand pinching his nose slightly but too late which sounded a bit stuck but which sounded wet "Hhhhuh''keesheeew !"
"Bless you" said Matt with tenderness.
"hi-HHi-HHiShshssshIEw !" sneezed more freely Jim on the side, looking a bit confused and moistening the lips.

Matt melted. He wasn't attracted by sneezes as Jim but his lover's fetish had an impact on how he viewed sneezing and Jim was so adorable he couldn't help but find him cute. Also Jim was probably the only person Matt always wanted to bless.

"Oh my. Bless you kitten." and Matt kissed Jim long and straight nose.

Jim blushed.

"Thank you. Excuse me I don't know where they came from."
"Excitement maybe ?" teased Matt by stroking his nose with Jim's.

Jim scoffed and kissed Matt again. Then he turned again.

"I love-I love-I love you-uuuuUUhSchhIEW !"

He just had the time to put his hand between their two faces to cover a big sneeze that probably came from the sun tickling his nose. Matt jumped slightly.

"Jeez ! Jimmy are you ok?"

He gave him his own handkerchief realizing that if Jim had lent him, now it was his turn to gave him his. Jim blushed a little and took the handkerchief. He just gently dabbed the tip of his nose.

"Just the sun you know..."
"Right."
"Sorry. Didn't mean to be that loud."
"Ugh please you're saying that to me? Dearest. Bless you."

Jim melted again and kissed him on the forehead.

"You're a sweetheart."
"Nah, I'm just yours." grunted Matt, trying to steal a kiss from Jim.

Jim chuckled in such an adorable manner Matt couldn’t do anything else but melting on the inside and have a stupid smile on his face.

"Sorry we had to take this road to talk about it."
"Are you kidding? Loved the ride. And there was too much noise there. I wanted to have you for myself."

Jim smiled. It was so typical of Matt to turn the situation around so as not to make him feel guilty.

"So... Jimmy boy, are you going to take my name yes or no ?"
"Of course yes." and Jim finally kissed Matt who blushed a bit.

Matt. Still blushing like it was day one. That was something. Jim caressed his burning cheeks and looked at him with fondness then he looked a bit surprised as he seemed to realize something.

"Oh my...What if I said no to you ? Like..."
"Oh well...Hey let me kiss you...!" Matt grimaced, trying to kiss Jim's mouth, Jim lifting his face slightly to listen Matt's answer.
"Well we would have...Just rode with your bike and...Driven and done...Whatever...As long as I am with you and you're happy, I really don't care."

Jim smiled and kissed Matt tenderly. Matt stroked Jim's neck and gently brushed his hair back. They parted slowly, letting the sun caress their faces. As usual, the moment the sun settled on Jim's nose, he felt the usual tickle. He widened his eyes slightly, as if in surprise, opened his mouth slightly, and emitted a series of small gasps because the sneeze wouldn't come out. Matt stroked his forehead gently.

"My poor Jim. Tortured by the sun."
"Hhh-hhh-s-sorry I…Need…"

He pulled away slightly, put his hand over his mouth and nose, and sneezed softly.

"Huuuuhhhhh-thhhhuuuuh !"

Matt bit his lip to keep from laughing.

"Bless you love. We should go, Lizzie is going to freak out."

Jim gently rubbed the tip of his nose with his index finger and sighed in relief.

"Thank you. Yes, let's go."

They got back on the bike and before putting on his helmet, Matt hugged Jim lovingly. Jim smiled, put one of his hands on Matt's and stroked it gently.

"Thank you for everything Matt."
"Don't thanks me too much" murmured Matt, kissing Jim's shoulder and putting on his helmet, "It's just…What I do."
"I know. But you do that to me. And I'm so grateful."

Matt blushed again, but this time Jim couldn't see it.

"C'mon stop it..."

Jim laughed lightly. Matt had a hard time taking Jim's compliments because for him, he was the lucky one. He had to be the one who was grateful. He hugged Jim close to him. Jim leaned over, kissed Matt's hand, then started the bike.

Now it was for the wedding. Finally.

Oh this is so gorgeous. Amazing! I'm so happy about this story! Amazing characters and awesome sneezes. 

I love these boys so much and am relieved to hear you will do occasional short stories after the ending because I just can’t be done with them. I love their imperfections but how they strive to be their best for each other.  I love how tender they are with each other, and witty and sarcastic as well.

I would love a short story with Luke of any sort, but one possibility would be him getting sick and being a total drama queen to all of his friends complaining that he is So sick and then being so sad that no one is seeming to care in their responses to him when he is always there to take care of them.  However,  of course, they are secretly messing with him figuring out who will do what to take care of and coddle him and make him feel very loved and cared for.

salut salut

so guys this is the LAST chapter of the story. I know. Heartbreaking ? Haha, but no worries, I am not that cruel and I plan to do a lot of short stories after this, I swear. As I have a job during all summer iI will not have a lot of time for writing, but I have already started a short story on my phone which should be published soon. So please have faith and patience in me, my fictional characters are like my siblings, I can't just let them down now. And you have been so supportive of me, lil french bean who struggles with english language sometimes, that I want to offer you the very best I'm capable of. Thanks again for all the support and love, you don't even imagine how much it was helpful and made me so happy, feeling confident in the writing process and embracing this fetish of ours. ❤️

On 7/3/2023 at 12:48 AM, dwaekki said:

Omg amazing as always, I love how sweet matt is to Jim ❤️

I know right ??? he's so cute when he's being sweet like that

On 7/3/2023 at 12:43 AM, AntheaHolmes said:

Oh this is so gorgeous. Amazing! I'm so happy about this story! Amazing characters and awesome sneezes. 

awn thanks

On 7/3/2023 at 2:58 AM, Privatedancer said:

I love these boys so much and am relieved to hear you will do occasional short stories after the ending because I just can’t be done with them. I love their imperfections but how they strive to be their best for each other.  I love how tender they are with each other, and witty and sarcastic as well.

I would love a short story with Luke of any sort, but one possibility would be him getting sick and being a total drama queen to all of his friends complaining that he is So sick and then being so sad that no one is seeming to care in their responses to him when he is always there to take care of them.  However,  of course, they are secretly messing with him figuring out who will do what to take care of and coddle him and make him feel very loved and cared for.

thank you, I love all your comments, and you literally write a whole plot for me, so the first short story I will published will be the Luke's story 🥰

I hope you will all love this chapter 😘

CHAPTER 23 - YES

They stopped in front of the house. They got off the bike and took off their helmets. Jim smiled seeing Matt's hair completely messy and he tried to straighten it out, at least put some order in it. Matt let Jim touching his hair without even moving.

"Now you are fine." said Jim with a tiny smile.
"Let's go." Matt said, taking Jim's hand in his and leading him towards the ceremony room.
"We weren't supposed to...I mean one of us was supposed to already be in the room while the other is walking along right ?" wondered Jim, worried to do the right thing, as always.
"It's way too straight for us. I want to walk with you." muttered Matt.

Jim scoffed. His heart was pounding. Matt turned to him and adjusted his collar.

"Jim, I want to walk proudly with you." he said in a soft and tender tone that Jim liked so much in him.
"Granted." murmured Jim.

Matt smiled, kissed him on the cheek and then, they entered the room. The room was full. Luke almost panicked seing them together but had the good sense to send the music. Matt took Jim's arms as everyone stood up. He blushed.

"Everyone is watching us..." he whispered.

Jim felt oddly more at ease. Everything felt good now. It was the moment when he was finally going to marry Matt. He smiled hearing his fiancé.

"Of course they do. Where do you want them to look ?" he said in the same tone as Matt.

And they walked slowly, smiling at everyone and waving. Well at least Jim did. Matt was nervously gripping Jim's arm.

"My God are all these people really our friends ?" he grimaced.

Jim couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Matt stop..."
"No but seriously I don't..."
"Hold me tight". whispered Jim in a soothing voice in Matts ear.

Matt swallowed. He couldn't help it anyway, holding Jim tight. Finally they arrived in front of the master of ceremony who invited everyone to sit down. After making his brief speech, Jim cleared his throat and made his own speech.

"I had to give my speech first because almost all of you know Matt and whoever missed this trait of him, Matt is the type who wants to have the last word. So yes, even for marriage, Matt will have the last word."

Jim spoke in a quiet, smiling voice and everyone laughed when he paused. Matt looked at him with bright eyes, focused but with the shadow of a smile.

"Matthew Hatfield. We've known each other for some years now. But it took that weird night, three years ago, when I truly met you. Since that night, I haven't been able to let go of you."

The whole audience had an "awwwn" reaction. Lizzie fidgeting in her chair. She whispered to Carol "Do you realize...!" in a excited whisper.

Matt blushed lightly. He didn't take his eyes off Jim, who was also looking at him.

"I didn't try to fight to love you less. It's impossible. On the other hand, I wanted to know you more. And that was a hell of a battle."

Matt nodded lightly, and the audience laughed lightly. Luke rolled his eyes like "boy do I know it". Jim smiled to Matt but then his smile fell down gently as he was overwhelmed by the emotion.

"I knew you were hiding a lot of things. But I was a thousand miles from suspecting that you would have me, one day. Even as a friend. And Matt, you are my best friend. You’re the one I have been looking for all my life. How lucky am I to have find you ?"

Matt felt his cheeks were so warm. His heart was pounding hard.

"I tried so hard to be loved all my life that I didn't figured that loving you would mean so many things. Not just feeling better every day. But accepting who I am. Every day you push me to be better. You encourage me in everything I do. You always have something to say and I always want to hear it. Sometimes we disagree. Sometimes we are stubborn. But we always do it together."

Jim sighed, but it was a sigh of happiness.

"I can’t even say all the things that crossed my mind the day you accepted me in your life. And I still managed to figuring this out. But I don’t even care now. I love you. Every parts of you. You are my favourite person. You are my guide. My soulmate. You got me. In so many places. It's like all my being was only waiting for you, Matthew, to be that happy and proud for the rest of my life."

Matt lowered his head for a moment. He was supposed to speak afterwards ? It seemed complicated to him. He raised his head.

"James. My..."

He whispered as he only wanted Jim to hear.

"Dearest Jim."

And then he spoke out loud.

"Jim. I envied you. I was jealous of you. I hated you... I wasted my time actually. Before I got to know you. And loved you almost instantly the second you didn't let me go. When you made me realize that if there was one person that deserved me to crumble in front of him it was you. Now I know that sounds weird. But I don't care. We are weird. At least I am. And ...I think everyone who knows us is as surprised as they are jaded to know that we are getting married today. It's not even that we are so different is that we were just meant to be. I don't even believe in this it's just..."

And Matt's voice cracked without him being able to do anything about it. Oh man. But Jim looked at him with tenderness, his hazel eyes covered him with kindness, respect and love. Matt swallowed a bit.

"It's just so obvious isn't it ?" he said almost looking like he needed confirmation.

Jim nodded slowly. But Matt regained his strength, trying to focus on Jim's handsome face, contorted with emotion, which brought out his sharp cheekbones and the glow of his hazel eyes.

"Ok so I...I don't even remember what I wanted to say next so I guess...I just..."

He almost seemed to be looking for his approval, which seemed odd for Matt. Jim took his hand in his. As soon as he felt Jim's skin against his, Matt who was not looking for his words but hesitating to pronounce them on knew what he had to do.

"I want to tell a last thing. One day I made a coming out. I mean...I did it publicly but before my activism, before being an adult, before being a journalist or an artist, I did my coming out. To... To my mother."

Jim looked at him with tears in his eyes. Matt was really talking about his mom right now, and it was amazing to hear. To see he was unafraid to get emotional even though he was in public. To feel that it was possible just by holding his hand.

"I...I told her I liked men. And mom...I mean my mother accepted it immediately. Because she knew that it was just a part of me. And she loved me so much that she couldn't just erased that part. But anyways. The only thing I want is that she know that...That I respected her in anything she thought or said. I live my life in my way. Since forever. But I know I respected her deepest wish concerning me. Right now I...I just...I wished she could see me now. I know she would be proud. Not of me, but of you Jim. I know that she would have loved you like a son. She would have enveloped you with all this love that I want to give you for the rest of our lives. S-so...I just want to make an update to my coming out. I don't love men. I love Jim. And I sincerely hope you seing me right now, mom. Because I did listening to you. I'm not alone anymore. Be proud. I know I am. In so many places, but above all because of one incredible person that stands in front of me saying he loves me and want to share his incredible soul with me. I know I never felt so proud before, and it thanks to you, James. "

His eyes were about to be flooded with tears at this point. He grabbed Jim's hand and squeezed it. Jim stroked Matt's hand with his thumb for support. He was very moved. Jim tugged Matt's hand gently, pulling him closer. They hugged each other. Jim kissed Matt on the forehead and Matt rested his head on his shoulder. They were shaking lightly. It was a very tender moment. Then Matt slowly lifted his head and Jim tilted his and together they kissed. The rest of the world no longer existed at this point.

Yet people were crying, applauding. And at one point, the master of ceremony continued his speech, asking that we bring the rings. Matilda came forward, little proud kiddow in her mauve tulle dress and flower crown, carrying a cushion on which were the wedding rings. These were the rings that Matt had created. They had simply given them to the girls before slipping away earlier. With Jim, they wanted no other alliances. Matilda was so proud of her and she also giggled a bit as she was so excited to see her two uncles getting married. Matt made a wink to her and Jim took Matt's ring to put it gently on Matt's finger. Then Matt, who was shaking slightly, did the same. They looked at each other.

"I pronounce you husband and husband. You can uh…kiss each other again, and we can clap for them. Congratulations !"

Matt didn't hear anything at that point. He kissed Jim and that was it. Nothing else mattered. He wasn't just kissing Jim. He kissed his husband. And Jim ? He kissed Matt over and over, the crowd cheering seemed so far from them at this moment. Yes, truly, nothing else mattered. They knew now that they could be in so many places, each would always have a place for the other now. Forever.

Few hours after, they were in the park, hidden behind trees. They had almost run away from their own marriage. They just wanted to spend time together.

"What's the name of that thing again ?" mumbled Matt.
“Matt, please trust me. I could do it myself, but you know it doesn't have the same effect on me." begged Jim.
"Come on, we gotta go back. It's our wedding. We can't… Shit, how come am I the one saying that ? We can't abandon people at our own wedding for so long" Matt mumbled.
"Okay forget it..." Jim whispered, ready to walk back into the room.

But Matt wanted to please Jim. His dear husband. So Matt took the bottle. Chino...Chunk...The name was terrible. He spilled some into the little blue cap, a little too much since powder fell into his palm and he slipped half of it into one nostril and the other half into the other.

"MATT !" screamed Jim.
"What ? I thought you wanted me to... Mmm that smells weird..."
"But... But honey, you took way too much..." said Jim, a bit worried.
"What ? You said 'you have to snort the cork'." protested Matt, feeling a weird tickle inside his nose.
"But my nose isn't as sensitive as yours." Jim argued, intrigued, excited and only slightly apprehensive as he saw the wings of Matt's nose expand faster and faster.
"Oh my God...N-uh...Uh...AAAAaa-aahh-AAaAaApshhhIIIew" sneezed loudly Matt.

And then...

"Huh…Huh…HUP-TISHOO ! Tisshhuuuh ! Tsssshuh ! Huh-huh-HeeeepppshIIIEw ! Tshhhiiiew ! PshiIIIEW ! TssshHHHIEW ! APTSHIIIIEW ! AAaaaAAA-RCHOO ! ACHOO ! A….APCHOO ! Ah...Can't...Eh...Eh-eh-eeeeeeeEEETISHOO ! TISHOO ! T'shhhUUUh ! EH….EH…EH…EH-ThEEEHCHOO ! Huh…Huh….HuuUUUUTISHEW ! EH-eh...EshiiiIIIEW ! I-I…ITISHEW ! Uh…Uh…IiiiIIII-ISHU ! ISHU ! Ah....HHH-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-HHH-HHH-Hn-Hhh-AT-CHEW ! Huuuh-HuUUUNH-ATCHIEW ! Ah ! Uh…ATISHOO ! Huh...Huh-psssHHHIEW ! EheEEeeeeEE-TISHIUUUU ! Jee-eez...E-ETISHIU-Hii-TISHU ! ARCHOO ! ACHOO ! Hm-HMCHIEW ! AH-PCHTIEW ! AaaaAAPTISHOO ! AaaaAAA-CHOO ! AtttssXXXSHHHUH ! EPCHIEw ! EPCHIEW ! Huuhhh-HUTCHOO ! Huuu-HUTISHOO ! Eh…Oh…EEEECHIEW ! ACHOO ! ACHOO ! Hmm…Ah…ACHOO ! ACHOO ! ACHOO ! AAAAAACHH-AAAA-aaaaa-AAA-TI…ATISHOOOOOO ! Oh my..." sneezed Matt freely, his body shaking, his face completely relaxed, like it was possessed by the sneezing.
"Bless you…" Jim muttered, impressed and excited.

Matt kissed Jim right away, even though he still wanted to sneeze. And he only parted from Jim's lips when he really had to sneeze, chose what he did, and right in Jim's face ; "HUT-SHHHHUUH !"

Jim blushed and kissed Matt. Matt sneezed again a last time into im's face, a big and wet "Hhhh-PPPPSSHHHIIIIIEW !" then he licked his own lips with a little smile, even though he struggled to took his breath again.

"Oh we're going to have so much fun, Mister James Hatfield..." he smiled saying that.
"Matt...I love you so much I..." murmured Jim, completely fascinated by Matt's suggestive gaze.
"I love you to my dear, dear J-J-JIIIISHIIIEW !" he sneezed again on Jim's beautiful face.
"Bless you love." said Jim, licking his lips, ready to kiss Matt again.

And they did kiss.
And again.
And again. 

THE END ❤️