Sneeze Fetish Forum

so many places : ever after (M/M)

Lily

salut salut

the french lily is back, ready to have fun in writing sneezy fics for you 🥰

This is the topic where I will post several short stories about the iconic (🤭) sneezy couple Matt & Jim. Their complete love story can be found here on the forum : so many places (23 chapters).

Obviously in this topic, these stories can be read separately of the main one. But I think you will enjoy them more by reading the main story first. You will get to know our emotional Matt and our sweet Jim, as well as other characters like Lizzie, Carol and of course Luke. As I re-read all the story, I can assure you that they are many sneezes in this story (in every chapters) due to various causes (allergies, cold, dust, sun...) by both main characters. And you will avoid spoilers if you read "so many places first" so my advice is to go check it before read the short stories. ❤️

Now the first short story I will published in this topic is inspired by @Privatedancer, one of my most loyal readers ! thanks xxx
And it will be in several parts because I had too many ideas to fit in one post. It take place some months after the last chapter of "so many places" story and it is called "A sneezy Christmas".

Plot : The charismatic Doctor Luke is about to experience a very unpleasant Christmas : a broken heart and a violent cold bring him down. Will Jim and Matt be of any help ?

A SNEEZY CHRISTMAS

1 – The sick doctor

Luke had had a complicated start of the winter season. He had broken up with his latest boyfriend and seemed doomed to spend Christmas at an aunt's house with the rest of his family. Luke had managed to escape this tradition since he was seventeen. He had always managed to celebrate Christmas with his friends or boyfriends at the time. But this year, the breakup, a week before Christmas, had been hard. What a silly idea to have taken a vacation to be alone in his apartment ! Well, he did expected his boyfriend...Now ex-boyfriend to spend it with him. Most of his friends were far away. There was Matt, his favorite ex and very good friend, and his handsome husband Jim, but they used to spend a romantic Christmas near the ocean. And Luke guessed they will do that again this year. They were both unbearable with all their romance. The wedding didn’t seemed to have calming down their passion. Well...Luke adored them of course but the breakup made him shudder at the thought of Matt and Jim kissing like two idiots. Luke even hid the breakup from them. And suffering in silence wasn't very pleasant. He felt alone for the first time in a long time. He really tought he found someone important. The way Matt found Jim. But no. Usually, Luke recovered quickly from his breakups. He had as many love stories as patients. He chained the stories. But with Sam, he had believed that…well, for once, there was something different. Real. Strong. Sam had just proved him wrong. Luke felt really down. No one around him took his breakup too seriously, thinking he would end up moving on to another story. Luke found his friends very insensitive. Even Matt and Jim. Because even though he didn’t tell them about the breakup, he thought someone of their surrounding must have told them. And they didn’t seemed to react. Above all, Luke felt more alone than ever. And that felt weird.

Maybe the breakdown-related depression and an epidemic of colds got the better of him; after a long day at work Luke came home with a sore throat and a few days later he was sneezing more than ever before. It turns out that that day, Matt had phoned to find out if he was home because Jim and him were passing through the neighborhood before preparing themselves for their christmas trip. Luke had replied that they could come by because he was not working - he had taken early leave because a sick doctor did not inspire much confidence -. Jim was listening on the loudspeaker and expressed his joy at coming to see him. Luke looks forward to seeing his friends.

"Happp'shhiiiIIIi !" he sneezed freely, surprised of it as he was hearing the intercom ring.

He went to open. He wore a black jogging and a sweatshirt he didn’t like very much. By vanity, he took off the sweatshirt and slipped his navy blue silk dressing gown over the bare skin of his chest, shivering, but preferring to hide the poor jogging and being seen without a random shirt and sweatshirt. A few seconds later, Jim and Matt walked into his house. Matt wore black jeans sainted with some paint at the pockets level and a black sweater, which accentuates the clarity of his curly hair and his blue and green eyes. Jim was dressed in dark brown corduroy pants and a white angora sweater that looked very soft.

"Damn you look terrible !" Matt couldn't help exclaiming when he saw Luke.
"Matt" grunted Jim, frowning.
"No but I'm ok," said Luke with a broken voice, moving away when Jim planned to kiss his cheek, muttering "Just not very kissable right now"
"Yeah you looks fine, more than what you said in your texts" said Jim in a light tone.

Luke frowned lightly. Usually Jim was more gentle and focused. Couldn't he saw how miserable he looked ? He saw Jim stretch and cover a yawn with his hand.

"Sorry. Do you have some coffee ?"
"Ehm...Yes. hold on I..."

And Luke looked at Matt rushing to the living room to find some movies Luke had and Matt wanted to see. He raised his eyebrows. Jim looked at him and raised his eyebrows to.

"Luke ?"
"Yes ?" said Luke in a distracted tone, turning to Jim with a light sniffle.
"So you have some coffee ? I can made some if you want." said Jim in a nice tone but sounding a bit impatient at the same time.
"No I...Don't move I'm going."
"Thanks. We’re going to the ocean tomorrow, so don’t worry, we won’t be long tonight"

Luke went into the kitchen to make the coffee, sniffling lightly and then blowing his nose, feeling like his nose was going to fall off it was so sensitive. Jim went to Matt whistling. Matt was crouched near the cabinet where the DVDs were stored. He turned to him with a little smile.

"He doesn't look that terrible to be honest."
"Are you kidding?" said Jim, lowering his voice and sitting on the ground with Matt. Matt rolled his eyes.
"He is a drama queen that's for sure."
"You lost the bet. He has a severe cold." objected Jim.
"I forgot you were the expert in the matter. Where did you send him ?"
"Making coffee."
"I guess you asked him everything politely as usual" teased Matt.
"No, unlike you I still remember the bet. If he's not sick treat him like a baby and if he is, treat him with indifference…To take better care of him."

Matt nodded.

"It's so stupid." muttered Jim as he was realizing it.
"It's my idea. And like most of my ideas it's brilliant. I know Luke since ages. We can't take care of him in a too obvious way."
"Okay genius what's your plan ?" mocked Jim.
"You going to do the physical part. I'm talking."
"What do you mean the physical part ?" asked Jim, blushing.

Matt rolled his eyes but couldn't help smiling.

"You wouldn't like me to start cuddling my ex and tucking him in and giving him tissues would you ?"
"Like I..."
"C'mon you'll be a perfect nurse. Just don't catch it."

Jim rolled his eyes too.

"Oh yes. Cuddling him but not catching the cold."
"Don't worry my dear Jim, Luke is not spraying his sneezes like me."

Jim blushed again.

"Stop talking about it." he almost begged.
"Oh love, sorry, is it a way too much sexy talk ?" teased Matt, loving way too much how Jim reacted.
"Shhh he's coming ! And..."

Half desesperate, half wanting to, Jim kissed Matt on the mouth to shut him up.

"....Be good with the talking part"

Matt seemed almost shocked.

"That's my specialty, c'mon..."

Luke brought a tray with two cups filled with hot coffee.

"Thanks Luke" said Jim as he got up and sat down next to Luke, taking a cup.
"You're welcome." - and Luke coughed a little, covering himself as he was doing so.

Matt got up. He was ready to have fun.

"So Luke...Oh shut up with that cough already !"

Jim looked Matt on the side. He was already being too much for him. Being rude with Luke was ok when Luke was in his normal state. They always teased each other, saying bad words and all. But tonight, Luke seemed particulary off. And Jim felt that Matt was on the verge to piss Luke off.

"Not like I'm doing it...On pur... on p-pur..."

Jim suddenly realized he never heard Luke sneezes before and blushed a bit at the anticipation of it.

"Purpose ?" suggested Matt, indifferent, taking a sip of coffee.
"Right..." sighed Luke. He lost his sneeze.

He was too tired to fight against Matt and didn’t pursued the dialogue. Jim was very disappointed that Luke didn't sneeze but then remembered it was not the point. He moved closer to Luke slightly. Luke was hot. And the presence of his handsome friend next to him didn't particularly cool him. He was almost embarrassed by the physical closeness. Jim squirmed slightly and pulled out a cushion from behind his back, the nicest and softest on the couch.

"Oh, this thing bothers me, hold on Luke, I'm going to slip it behind your back quickly..." he said with feigned indifference.

Luke leaned forward slightly so Jim could slide the cushion behind his back. He felt a calming sensation in his back. Thanks Jim, he thought. He looked as his friend, smiling again. Apparently he was paying attention to him after all and that made him feel good.

"So what's up in your life Mister Smile ?" asked Matt.

And Luke actually lost his smile.

"Not much I guess. I..."

Jim looked at his with patience. Matt looked like he was asking just for politeness. Luke felt down again.

"Yes, nothing really."
"C'mon and what about the last boyfriend ? Sam isn't it ?"

Luke felt so down at this point he couldn't even reply to that. Jim exchanged a brief glance with Matt, which said a lot. Matt understood immediately.

"Oh. Luke...Is there still a boyfriend?" he asked gently.
"No, nuh-not r-re-eh-eh-EeeeEeeKshiuh !" he sneezed in his elbow, then gasped a little and sneezed again loudlier "EekSHIUH !"

Jim bent down to pick up a handkerchief and handed it to Luke.

"Bless you."

Luke took the handkerchief and blew his nose.

"Luke I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it ?" asked Matt gently.
"There is nothing to say." muttered Luke.

His cheeks were getting hot.

"You should go both of you. I need some rest and I can take care of myself."

Matt scoffed. One look with Jim stopped him in his tracks. Jim could see that more than one thing was wrong with Luke. He approached Luke, worried, and put his hand on Luke's forehead.

"You're feverish." he murmured.
"Don't...Don't come near me I'b fine." protested Luke.
"Oh come on don't be like Matt, dear doctor. Denial is not suiting you." said gently Jim.
"Oh yeah like you're never in denial too." scoffed Matt.
"Jim it's very nice to be here but...I just need to rest" sighed Luke. 

He gasped a little, covering his nose and mouth with the same tissue and sneezed right into it "Hhh-Hup-chhew ! Ah...Ah...ApshhhiiiEEw !"

He leaned towards the table to take tissues but was weaker than he thought and kinda lose his balance in the process. Jim was quick; he immediately caught up with him, reaching out and holding him firmly, his hand resting on Luke's chest. Luke who began to cough, turning away from Jim and coughing into his elbow. Matt rolled his eyes and went to Luke's kitchen to make tea, wanting to be useful. Jim looked at Luke with concern. When Luke was done coughing he cleared his throat lightly.

"Can you bass me another tissue blease ?"
"Yes of course." said Jim, blaming himself for not giving him a right away.

And Jim leaned, took a tissue and gave it to Luke. Luke blew his nose dutifully and coughed a bit more directly into the tissue. Then he leaned back on the sofa and closed his eyes.

"How pathetic is...Your doctor being sick."
"Luke ? You are our friend before being a doctor you know that right ?" said Jim in a soft tone.

Luke opened his eyes and looked at Jim. He frowned slightly.

"I still don't understand how someone as nice as you could marry a guy like Matt."
"I'm listening !" shout the distant voice of Matt.

Jim chuckled.

"You raised the beast..." he whispered with a smile.
"I know right ?" smiled Luke too "I'm not re...Oh..."
"What ?"
"Sorry gu-gonna sneeze again..."
"Oh" said Jim, but feeling a bit weird suddenly.

Luke gasped a little and then sneezed in the tissue "Huh-hh-hhh-hhhhh-Hu-eeeEEEshUh ! Oh n-n-no..." and then two more in his elbow "huhhh-HuhESHOO ! ESHIUH !"

He felt his nose was so itchy right now.

"Excuse me." said Luke, catching his breath.

How cute was he. The doctor being sick.

"Bless you."

Luke only nodded. Jim couldn't help but find him very cute at that moment. Matt returned to the living room with steaming tea.

"There you go"

He handed a mug to Luke.

"I added honey to you."
"Thank you" said Luke.

He immediately took a sip of the tea as he was used to drink his tea very hot. Besides, it was the only thing his body wanted. Heat. He was shivering.

'Do you still have warm plaids in your wardrobe ?' asked Matt.
"M-mmm"
"I'm on it"

Matt came back with the warmest plaid he found and approached Luke before gently covering him.

"There you are"
"Don't talk to me like a baby !" Luke protested.
"Don't start or I'll tuck you in" Matt threatened, actually tucking him carefully as he spoke.

Jim cracked a smile. His jealousy of Luke had melted a long time ago. He deeply loved this young doctor with a flamboyant personality. They had become friends. With Luke talking about Matt was an obvious and easy subject. But they also found commonalities between them outside of Matt. And also seeing how caring Matt could be with Luke was fun. He was very attracted to that side of Matt, this caring soft side of him, even when he was not directed towards him.

"I'm the doctor here," Luke protested but was cut off by a coughing fit and turned his face away.

Matt took a sip but the tea was too hot for him and he put the mug back on the table. Jim got up and went to get some medicine which he gave to Luke with a glass of water. Luke sneezed as he was doing so, and even though he covered his face, he almost sneezed on Jim.

"HUUH-ShiuUuUh ! Oh-oh I'm...so sorry Jim ..."

Jim blushed a little.

"Don't worry."

Matt smiled as he knew Jim was probably a bit excited by the process even though it's seems clear that he was also worried about Luke. And to be honest, Matt was starting to worrying too, as Luke never looked so down before.

"Matt was right about you" said Luke.

Jim frowned.

"What do you mean ?"
"You are sweet and caring. And patient. "

Jim blushed a little again. Matt smiled slightly then he knew he had to put some words to Luke's situation so that things could really move and their friend feels better.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Privatedancer

• Lily

• Not Telling

• dwaekki

Omg yess! I've been waiting for you to come back and this is everything I was hoping for! Looking forward to some (hopefully) emotional and comforting scenes and lots more sneering ❤️ love your writing 

Totally agree and think Lilly needs to consider writing as a side career:)

23 hours ago, Lily said:

salut salut

the french lily is back, ready to have fun in writing sneezy fics for you 🥰

This is the topic where I will post several short stories about the iconic (🤭) sneezy couple Matt & Jim. Their complete love story can be found here on the forum : so many places (23 chapters).

Obviously in this topic, these stories can be read separately of the main one. But I think you will enjoy them more by reading the main story first. You will get to know our emotional Matt and our sweet Jim, as well as other characters like Lizzie, Carol and of course Luke. As I re-read all the story, I can assure you that they are many sneezes in this story (in every chapters) due to various causes (allergies, cold, dust, sun...) by both main characters. And you will avoid spoilers if you read "so many places first" so my advice is to go check it before read the short stories. ❤️

Now the first short story I will published in this topic is inspired by @Privatedancer, one of my most loyal readers ! thanks xxx
And it will be in several parts because I had too many ideas to fit in one post. It take place some months after the last chapter of "so many places" story and it is called "A sneezy Christmas".

Plot : The charismatic Doctor Luke is about to experience a very unpleasant Christmas : a broken heart and a violent cold bring him down. Will Jim and Matt be of any help ?

A SNEEZY CHRISTMAS

1 – The sick doctor

Luke had had a complicated start of the winter season. He had broken up with his latest boyfriend and seemed doomed to spend Christmas at an aunt's house with the rest of his family. Luke had managed to escape this tradition since he was seventeen. He had always managed to celebrate Christmas with his friends or boyfriends at the time. But this year, the breakup, a week before Christmas, had been hard. What a silly idea to have taken a vacation to be alone in his apartment ! Well, he did expected his boyfriend...Now ex-boyfriend to spend it with him. Most of his friends were far away. There was Matt, his favorite ex and very good friend, and his handsome husband Jim, but they used to spend a romantic Christmas near the ocean. And Luke guessed they will do that again this year. They were both unbearable with all their romance. The wedding didn’t seemed to have calming down their passion. Well...Luke adored them of course but the breakup made him shudder at the thought of Matt and Jim kissing like two idiots. Luke even hid the breakup from them. And suffering in silence wasn't very pleasant. He felt alone for the first time in a long time. He really tought he found someone important. The way Matt found Jim. But no. Usually, Luke recovered quickly from his breakups. He had as many love stories as patients. He chained the stories. But with Sam, he had believed that…well, for once, there was something different. Real. Strong. Sam had just proved him wrong. Luke felt really down. No one around him took his breakup too seriously, thinking he would end up moving on to another story. Luke found his friends very insensitive. Even Matt and Jim. Because even though he didn’t tell them about the breakup, he thought someone of their surrounding must have told them. And they didn’t seemed to react. Above all, Luke felt more alone than ever. And that felt weird.

Maybe the breakdown-related depression and an epidemic of colds got the better of him; after a long day at work Luke came home with a sore throat and a few days later he was sneezing more than ever before. It turns out that that day, Matt had phoned to find out if he was home because Jim and him were passing through the neighborhood before preparing themselves for their christmas trip. Luke had replied that they could come by because he was not working - he had taken early leave because a sick doctor did not inspire much confidence -. Jim was listening on the loudspeaker and expressed his joy at coming to see him. Luke looks forward to seeing his friends.

"Happp'shhiiiIIIi !" he sneezed freely, surprised of it as he was hearing the intercom ring.

He went to open. He wore a black jogging and a sweatshirt he didn’t like very much. By vanity, he took off the sweatshirt and slipped his navy blue silk dressing gown over the bare skin of his chest, shivering, but preferring to hide the poor jogging and being seen without a random shirt and sweatshirt. A few seconds later, Jim and Matt walked into his house. Matt wore black jeans sainted with some paint at the pockets level and a black sweater, which accentuates the clarity of his curly hair and his blue and green eyes. Jim was dressed in dark brown corduroy pants and a white angora sweater that looked very soft.

"Damn you look terrible !" Matt couldn't help exclaiming when he saw Luke.
"Matt" grunted Jim, frowning.
"No but I'm ok," said Luke with a broken voice, moving away when Jim planned to kiss his cheek, muttering "Just not very kissable right now"
"Yeah you looks fine, more than what you said in your texts" said Jim in a light tone.

Luke frowned lightly. Usually Jim was more gentle and focused. Couldn't he saw how miserable he looked ? He saw Jim stretch and cover a yawn with his hand.

"Sorry. Do you have some coffee ?"
"Ehm...Yes. hold on I..."

And Luke looked at Matt rushing to the living room to find some movies Luke had and Matt wanted to see. He raised his eyebrows. Jim looked at him and raised his eyebrows to.

"Luke ?"
"Yes ?" said Luke in a distracted tone, turning to Jim with a light sniffle.
"So you have some coffee ? I can made some if you want." said Jim in a nice tone but sounding a bit impatient at the same time.
"No I...Don't move I'm going."
"Thanks. We’re going to the ocean tomorrow, so don’t worry, we won’t be long tonight"

Luke went into the kitchen to make the coffee, sniffling lightly and then blowing his nose, feeling like his nose was going to fall off it was so sensitive. Jim went to Matt whistling. Matt was crouched near the cabinet where the DVDs were stored. He turned to him with a little smile.

"He doesn't look that terrible to be honest."
"Are you kidding?" said Jim, lowering his voice and sitting on the ground with Matt. Matt rolled his eyes.
"He is a drama queen that's for sure."
"You lost the bet. He has a severe cold." objected Jim.
"I forgot you were the expert in the matter. Where did you send him ?"
"Making coffee."
"I guess you asked him everything politely as usual" teased Matt.
"No, unlike you I still remember the bet. If he's not sick treat him like a baby and if he is, treat him with indifference…To take better care of him."

Matt nodded.

"It's so stupid." muttered Jim as he was realizing it.
"It's my idea. And like most of my ideas it's brilliant. I know Luke since ages. We can't take care of him in a too obvious way."
"Okay genius what's your plan ?" mocked Jim.
"You going to do the physical part. I'm talking."
"What do you mean the physical part ?" asked Jim, blushing.

Matt rolled his eyes but couldn't help smiling.

"You wouldn't like me to start cuddling my ex and tucking him in and giving him tissues would you ?"
"Like I..."
"C'mon you'll be a perfect nurse. Just don't catch it."

Jim rolled his eyes too.

"Oh yes. Cuddling him but not catching the cold."
"Don't worry my dear Jim, Luke is not spraying his sneezes like me."

Jim blushed again.

"Stop talking about it." he almost begged.
"Oh love, sorry, is it a way too much sexy talk ?" teased Matt, loving way too much how Jim reacted.
"Shhh he's coming ! And..."

Half desesperate, half wanting to, Jim kissed Matt on the mouth to shut him up.

"....Be good with the talking part"

Matt seemed almost shocked.

"That's my specialty, c'mon..."

Luke brought a tray with two cups filled with hot coffee.

"Thanks Luke" said Jim as he got up and sat down next to Luke, taking a cup.
"You're welcome." - and Luke coughed a little, covering himself as he was doing so.

Matt got up. He was ready to have fun.

"So Luke...Oh shut up with that cough already !"

Jim looked Matt on the side. He was already being too much for him. Being rude with Luke was ok when Luke was in his normal state. They always teased each other, saying bad words and all. But tonight, Luke seemed particulary off. And Jim felt that Matt was on the verge to piss Luke off.

"Not like I'm doing it...On pur... on p-pur..."

Jim suddenly realized he never heard Luke sneezes before and blushed a bit at the anticipation of it.

"Purpose ?" suggested Matt, indifferent, taking a sip of coffee.
"Right..." sighed Luke. He lost his sneeze.

He was too tired to fight against Matt and didn’t pursued the dialogue. Jim was very disappointed that Luke didn't sneeze but then remembered it was not the point. He moved closer to Luke slightly. Luke was hot. And the presence of his handsome friend next to him didn't particularly cool him. He was almost embarrassed by the physical closeness. Jim squirmed slightly and pulled out a cushion from behind his back, the nicest and softest on the couch.

"Oh, this thing bothers me, hold on Luke, I'm going to slip it behind your back quickly..." he said with feigned indifference.

Luke leaned forward slightly so Jim could slide the cushion behind his back. He felt a calming sensation in his back. Thanks Jim, he thought. He looked as his friend, smiling again. Apparently he was paying attention to him after all and that made him feel good.

"So what's up in your life Mister Smile ?" asked Matt.

And Luke actually lost his smile.

"Not much I guess. I..."

Jim looked at his with patience. Matt looked like he was asking just for politeness. Luke felt down again.

"Yes, nothing really."
"C'mon and what about the last boyfriend ? Sam isn't it ?"

Luke felt so down at this point he couldn't even reply to that. Jim exchanged a brief glance with Matt, which said a lot. Matt understood immediately.

"Oh. Luke...Is there still a boyfriend?" he asked gently.
"No, nuh-not r-re-eh-eh-EeeeEeeKshiuh !" he sneezed in his elbow, then gasped a little and sneezed again loudlier "EekSHIUH !"

Jim bent down to pick up a handkerchief and handed it to Luke.

"Bless you."

Luke took the handkerchief and blew his nose.

"Luke I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it ?" asked Matt gently.
"There is nothing to say." muttered Luke.

His cheeks were getting hot.

"You should go both of you. I need some rest and I can take care of myself."

Matt scoffed. One look with Jim stopped him in his tracks. Jim could see that more than one thing was wrong with Luke. He approached Luke, worried, and put his hand on Luke's forehead.

"You're feverish." he murmured.
"Don't...Don't come near me I'b fine." protested Luke.
"Oh come on don't be like Matt, dear doctor. Denial is not suiting you." said gently Jim.
"Oh yeah like you're never in denial too." scoffed Matt.
"Jim it's very nice to be here but...I just need to rest" sighed Luke. 

He gasped a little, covering his nose and mouth with the same tissue and sneezed right into it "Hhh-Hup-chhew ! Ah...Ah...ApshhhiiiEEw !"

He leaned towards the table to take tissues but was weaker than he thought and kinda lose his balance in the process. Jim was quick; he immediately caught up with him, reaching out and holding him firmly, his hand resting on Luke's chest. Luke who began to cough, turning away from Jim and coughing into his elbow. Matt rolled his eyes and went to Luke's kitchen to make tea, wanting to be useful. Jim looked at Luke with concern. When Luke was done coughing he cleared his throat lightly.

"Can you bass me another tissue blease ?"
"Yes of course." said Jim, blaming himself for not giving him a right away.

And Jim leaned, took a tissue and gave it to Luke. Luke blew his nose dutifully and coughed a bit more directly into the tissue. Then he leaned back on the sofa and closed his eyes.

"How pathetic is...Your doctor being sick."
"Luke ? You are our friend before being a doctor you know that right ?" said Jim in a soft tone.

Luke opened his eyes and looked at Jim. He frowned slightly.

"I still don't understand how someone as nice as you could marry a guy like Matt."
"I'm listening !" shout the distant voice of Matt.

Jim chuckled.

"You raised the beast..." he whispered with a smile.
"I know right ?" smiled Luke too "I'm not re...Oh..."
"What ?"
"Sorry gu-gonna sneeze again..."
"Oh" said Jim, but feeling a bit weird suddenly.

Luke gasped a little and then sneezed in the tissue "Huh-hh-hhh-hhhhh-Hu-eeeEEEshUh ! Oh n-n-no..." and then two more in his elbow "huhhh-HuhESHOO ! ESHIUH !"

He felt his nose was so itchy right now.

"Excuse me." said Luke, catching his breath.

How cute was he. The doctor being sick.

"Bless you."

Luke only nodded. Jim couldn't help but find him very cute at that moment. Matt returned to the living room with steaming tea.

"There you go"

He handed a mug to Luke.

"I added honey to you."
"Thank you" said Luke.

He immediately took a sip of the tea as he was used to drink his tea very hot. Besides, it was the only thing his body wanted. Heat. He was shivering.

'Do you still have warm plaids in your wardrobe ?' asked Matt.
"M-mmm"
"I'm on it"

Matt came back with the warmest plaid he found and approached Luke before gently covering him.

"There you are"
"Don't talk to me like a baby !" Luke protested.
"Don't start or I'll tuck you in" Matt threatened, actually tucking him carefully as he spoke.

Jim cracked a smile. His jealousy of Luke had melted a long time ago. He deeply loved this young doctor with a flamboyant personality. They had become friends. With Luke talking about Matt was an obvious and easy subject. But they also found commonalities between them outside of Matt. And also seeing how caring Matt could be with Luke was fun. He was very attracted to that side of Matt, this caring soft side of him, even when he was not directed towards him.

"I'm the doctor here," Luke protested but was cut off by a coughing fit and turned his face away.

Matt took a sip but the tea was too hot for him and he put the mug back on the table. Jim got up and went to get some medicine which he gave to Luke with a glass of water. Luke sneezed as he was doing so, and even though he covered his face, he almost sneezed on Jim.

"HUUH-ShiuUuUh ! Oh-oh I'm...so sorry Jim ..."

Jim blushed a little.

"Don't worry."

Matt smiled as he knew Jim was probably a bit excited by the process even though it's seems clear that he was also worried about Luke. And to be honest, Matt was starting to worrying too, as Luke never looked so down before.

"Matt was right about you" said Luke.

Jim frowned.

"What do you mean ?"
"You are sweet and caring. And patient. "

Jim blushed a little again. Matt smiled slightly then he knew he had to put some words to Luke's situation so that things could really move and their friend feels better.

coucou @Lily this is amazing as always. Brilliant! Would love to see some allergic sneezes as well but cold sneezes are also very cute. 

salut salut

@Privatedancer you're so adorable i can't 😭 i love writing, and i love to be able to use it to bring a little joy, fun and love for everyone !

@dwaekki do not even worry, emotional, comfort and more sneezes are coming ! thank you so much 🥰

@AntheaHolmes as I didn't use Matt's cat allergy so far (shame on me) I do think of an allergic plot for another story after this one 💜

@RipleyToo Matt didn't have his usual chistmas cold so I guess it should come soon...🤭

thank you everyone, here's part 2, hope you will enjoy it, I have way too much ideas thanks to your love and support❤️

2 - Staying

"Babe. You looked so bad right now I can't even start to made jokes about it."

Luke looked at Matt, his eyes watery with fatigue half-closed, his mouth slightly open because his nose was stuffy. He was shivering even with the plaid.

"I'm really sorry about your breaking up." muttered Jim.
"Well snrrff it's not the first time a guy broke my heart so I should be fine"

That sounded more dramatic than what he wanted but at this point the handsome and vain Luke especially deplored the image he sent to his two friends who seemed to him more handsome than ever when he probably had a dug up head. Plus he was talking with a stuffy nose which annoyed him a lot. Matt frowned just a bit. Jim had never really understood who had broken up between Matt and Luke and worried for a moment that the conversation would become awkward.

"What did he do?" asked simply Matt.
"Maybe he doesn't want to talk about it" objected Jim.

Luke was about to reply but the urge to sneeze surprised him.

"Huuuh-t'TIIiiiiSHiiIiiih!" he sneezed in a very high pitched tone in his elbow and then sighed to relieved a bit of the pressure.

But then he grimaced as this sneeze cause him pain.

"Bless you" Jim murmured, concerned.
"Ugh...You should go guys, I'm very contagious right now" Luke said in a broken voice.

Matt rolled his eyes. He got up and sat down on the sofa, pushing Luke slightly, who had to move closer to Jim. He picked up the blanket and tugged a little so he could snuggle up with Luke. Luke watched him with a frightened look. Jim smiled lightly and didn't pushed himself as being close to Luke didn't mind him.

"Guys..." Luke protested a bit embarrassed.

Matt rested his head on Luke's shoulder. Jim smiled and rested his head against Luke's shoulder as well. Luke was embarrassed at first but he quickly appreciated the soft warmth that emanated from the two heads of his friends. They cared.

"I...I'm gonna sneeze..." he said his voice a bit distorded as the sneeze was so close.
"Who cares" muttered Matt softly.

Jim almost said "certainly not me" but just caressed his arm softly. Matt literally stuck to Luke with no problem.

"Huh...C'mon...I really...I'm...Gu..Uh...Uh..."

Jim smiled. He exchanged a brief look with Matt who seemed to be having way too much fun.

"HUPCHiIiIEEEEEEH!" sneezed Luke covering himself with his hands because he couldn't use his elbows with the two that stuck him.
"Relax" mumbled Matt who gently stroked his head against Luke's shoulder.
"Huh-kkkkishew!" sneezed Luke after a gasp of surprise, barely covering it with his hand.

He hated to be messy like that.

"I need...Tissues..." he said, gasping a bit.

Jim bent down and grabbed the box and put it in Luke's lap.

"Here you go. And...Bless you."

Luke took one and sneezed almost in it, spraying a little in the process as the sneeze was faster than his move.

"Tiishew!"

And then he sneezed more into the tissue.

"Ah-ah-AtISHIUH ! TsssssSssSssSSHUH !"

Jim gently parted from Luke as he had this big moves with his head and body even time he sneezed. Matt did it too eventually and looked at Luke, a bit impressed, as he never heard him sneezing like that before.

"Bless you" he said.

It was so rare that Matt blessed people. He finds that very annoying especially with heavy sneezer. But that changed with Jim. Now he blessed people he cared about. But as he was usually a lot with Jim, he didn't had to do it since Jim was the fastest to bless people. He frowned and look at Luke leaning back against the sofa. He in turn ran his hand over Luke's forehead. It was burning hot.

"Doc what should we do with you ?" he murmured.

Luke closed his eyes out of fatigue.

"We should help him get to his bed." Jim suggested.

Matt nodded and Luke opened his eyes. He stood up but staggered slightly. Jim supported him immediately, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. Luke was barely a few inches taller than Matt and he was shorter than the huge Jim who supported him more than he should. But Luke wasn't complaining. He walked him down the hall while Matt poured tea into Luke's mug and set it on a tray with tissues. Luke stopped in the way and sneezed violently freely, as he was surprised by this sneeze, almost a double one as the sneezes overlapped.

"AaaAh-ShiUH-SHuh !

He put his hand to his mouth, sorry and looked at Jim.

"I'm sorry, I usually cover them."
"Don't worry about it. Bless you." said Jim in his sweet deep voice.

Luke smiled almost in a shy way. He let himself fall into his bed. He was so exhausted he felt he could fall asleep right away.

"Luke...You should at least take your sweater off" Jim protested.

Luke grunted. Matt arrived and put the tray on the bedside table. He rolled his eyes listening to Jim and Luke. He approached the bed and took off Luke's sweater, forcing him to sit up as he protested.

"Leave me al...ah...AP-SSShiIiiieeEW! " he sneezed as soon as his head popped out of his sweater right into Matt's face.

Jim was almost jealous of it and felt shameful of the thought.

"LUKE ! Are you serious ???" said Matt, raising his voice.
"I'm s-sorry-eh-eh-EHHhhPshiew !" sneezed Luke into his elbow.

Now Luke was shivering with his sweater off.

"Calm down" said Jim to Matt and approaching the bed he handed the cup of tea to Luke "Bless you".

Matt wiped his cheeks with a wave, grimacing. Luke drinks his tea. He was feeling very bad.

"Matt...M'sorry..."

His eyes were tearing up even though he didn't want to, as he was so tired, and getting more emotional because of the fever who was getting him badly. Matt sighed and gently pushed Luke back down.

"Sorry I shouted at you. Don't worry." he said in a calm tone.
"Did you take your medicine?" asked Jim.
"Yep..." mumbled Luke.

He closed his eyes. Matt leaned down and kissed Luke's forehead.

"Don't worry" he repeated.
"We'll stick around" said Jim with his soothing voice.
"What for I'b useless and you guys habe Christbas...."
"We don't like Christmas" said Matt.
"Yes we don't care about it" added Jim, exchanging a knowing look with Matt.
"We prefer to take care of a beautiful doctor" said Matt with a mocking smile.
"Guys...You bon't habe to do it..." mumbled Luke.
"What ? I don't get him" Jim laughed lightly, looking at Matt.
"Me neither. And...Luke ? We rather stay, torturing...I mean taking care of you." teased Matt.

Luke realized that his friends cared so much about him. He was touched and grateful.

"Guys...Th...Eh..."
"Oh-oh. Incoming sneezes" said Matt.

Jim had already taken the tissues and as Luke, nostrils dilated and looking exhausted, seemed about to sneeze he didn't think and put the tissue over Luke's nose and mouth who let out a powerful sneeze, straightening up slightly .

"AAA-T'SHIUUH !"

Jim could almost feel it as the tissue became moist through his fingers. Luke grabbed the handkerchief and let out two more who sounded wet sneezes.

"Ar-ChIIUUUH ! Ah..AAhPSssSSHUH !"
"Bless you" said Jim
"Did I..."

But Luke didn't have time to finish his sentence as he felt something liquid in his nose there he need to get away.

"PsssSHiiiUH! EshiiiIIIeEE-ESHIEW!"

He blew his nose and took another tissue from Jim's hand.

"Bless you Lu..."
"IISHiiiiiiEw !" sneezed Luke.

He blinked, looking almost surprised.

"Excuse me. I don't know why my nose is that sen-eh-oh no..."
"It's ok" said Jim, gently stroking Luke's back.

Matt gave him another tissue. Luke was touched by their kindness and patience.

"EEe-PxxxshiiiiIew !" he sneezed in his elbow then blowing his nose with Matt's tissue.
"Jeez Luke don't try to sneeze as much as me." Matt whispered.
"You make me sneeze" Luke protested in bad faith.
"C'mon Doc lay down..''

And Luke lay down obediently, sniffling lightly. Matt sighed softly.

"Thank you. I'b bery grateful you bame" murmured Luke.

Jim smiled slightly.

"Rest. We are here."

Luke felt perfectly ok right now. Sure his cold was making him miserable. Sure the breakup had been complicated. But Matt and Jim were here. Even though it was not the best Christmas plans. They were here. They watched over him. Everything was fine.

Matt and Jim watched over Luke who was sleeping, his mouth slightly open, against Jim. Matt looked at him, half annoyed, half amused.

"Weird that he chooses you as a pillow."
"Lower your voice !" intimated Jim in a whisper, frowning his eyebrows.

Luke shifted slightly in his sleep, then leaned against Jim again.

"No but really" continued Matt in a lower tone, "He could at least be faithful."

Jim looked at him.

"Faithful to you ?"

Matt blushed a little and feeling suddenly warmer, he put off his sweater.

"To nothing" he murmured.
"Are you trying to make me jealous?" asked Jim calmly.
"C'mon you can't be jealous of this one" said Matt looking at their certainly very sick but also georgous friend.
"Oh really" mumbled Jim, avoiding Matt's gaze.
"Jimmy, for real ? Aren't we married ?" said Matt in a wondering voice.
"Well that doesn't mean...Sorry, it was not what I wanted to implied. But to be honest, even thought I love Luke, you can't just saying things like this and don't imagined I'm not getting a bit jealous." explained Jim, trying his best to be clear and honest with Matt.
"You see him more than I do" said Matt
"That's not true !" protested Jim.

But it actually was. Matt worked a lot and traveled a lot because of how much he was asked to exposed in all the country. Jim felt a bit alone, and liked passing time with Luke. Just two days ago, before the breakup of Luke, Jim was actually hanging out at his place.

"Don't lie. You love Luke. I'm his ex all right but Im entitled to be a little bit jealous of your friendship with him."
"Nonsense" Jim muttered to his lips as he felt a sneeze coming. He started to realize that yes, he did pass a lot of time with Luke. And maybe he already caught his cold. No. Not him.

Matt shrugged and looked at Luke. Jim took the opportunity to gently rub the bridge of his nose as it sometimes soothed the itch. But that was not the case. The mere touch of his finger to her nose made her want to sneeze even more. So he pinched his nose slightly and sneezed as softly as possible because he didn't want to wake Luke.

"Psssiii-shhhhuuuh !"
"No...You're definitely not passing too much time with him." said Matt with a mocking tone.
"HH...Huh..." was the only answer Jim could offer right now, fighting against the urge to sneeze again.

Matt melt internally. He sometimes felt as he had the fetish himself, but only with Jim. Being married to Jim reinforced her tenderness and attraction that seemed to extend to anything Jim said or did. And apparently it involved the sneezing part now.

"Hhh-hhhuh-hhhh'Pshhhiew!" sneezed softly Jim against his palm, looking a bit desperate at not having succeeded in stopping him.
"Bless you" whispered Matt.

And he leaned over Luke to kiss Jim on the nose. Jim smiled a bit.

"Thank you love."
"So...You did catch this cold." said Matt, a look of concern that he struggled to hide.
"No, it was just a little tickle."
"Please." said Matt rolling his eyes. Jim almost looked sorry.
"I didn't..."
"Oh-oh. You want to sneeze again." noticed Matt, adjusting his glasses on his nose.
"Nuh-uh..." Jim breathed. But it was pointless. Jim cursed himself. Sneezing didn't bother him, but he was afraid of waking Luke.
"Jimmy please let this one out. You're freaking me out when you're stifled them." said Matt, half teasing his husband, half worrying he might hurt himself.
"I...Uh...Didn't...Stif...Uh..." tried to say Jim while fighting the tickle in his nose, a finger under his nose.
"You know you will sneeze more if you keep trying to sushing them." Matt replied.

Jim bited his lip a little then he released all tension and sneezed a double sneeze with strength in his elbow.

"HAAA-ShIUh-ShUH!"

It felt so good he sighed of relief. Matt smiled a little.

"Bless you love."

Jim was about to thanks him, but damage was done as Luke moved in his bed.

"Thanks Sunshine..."

Matt frowned lightly and blushed. Did Luke, half asleep, thought he was the one who actually sneeze? And thought that Matt was blessing him? Jim took out a handkerchief and gently blew his nose.

"Go back to sleep" murmured Matt.
"Bu-uh-UPSHIiiiiiiiiiiii!" Sneezed Luke against his pillow and slightly against Matt's arm.
"Oh stop with sneezing on me already!" Grunted Matt.
"Bless you" whispered Jim to Luke.

Luke who opened one eye.

"You're both still here ?"

His voice was weak. Jim nodded softly. Then he looked at Matt.

"Go put a sweater. Who's wearing a tee-shirt with this weather ?"
"But I am warm" said Matt in his usual voice.

Luke frowned as if Matt had shouted in his ears. He was shivering. Jim tucked him in.

"Matt go take another blanket."
"Yes sir !" Said Matt standing up and giving a small military salute.

Jim froze for a moment and looked down at Luke. Matt realized his stupidity and went to get a blanket, mentally insulting himself. What an idiot. He came back with a blanket and helped Jim tuck in Luke, who seemed to be falling asleep again. His fingers crossed Jim's and he squeezed her hand in his over the sleeping Luke.

"Sorry."
"It's ok" said Jim as his eyes drowning into Matt's.

Matt's blue eye and green eye looked so serious, trying to see if Jim was actually feeling okay. They sat up slightly, keeping their hands clasped together.

"Sure ?"
"Yes I know you only wan-ah-ah-AAAATShuuUuUh!" Jim sneezed loudly against his free fist, reflexively squeezing Matt's hand in his. Only the sneeze that had taken him by surprise had been so powerful that his grip was violent as well and Matt winced.
"Outch" he let escape even tought he found this reflex very cute.

Jim let go of Matt's hand, a bit surprised. He sniffed lightly.

"I'm sorry I..."

Luke opened his eyes.

"Did...Did Jim sneezed ?"
"No, I am. Dust. You should clean the apartment from time to time" lied Matt frowning lightly his nose.
"Sorry eve-eh...eh...Everything is...a-ap-kishiiiuh ! Sorry, a mess. B-b...Be-eh-ehSHUUUh! Bless you."

Matt and Jim both felt a surge of tenderness towards their usually cheerful, teasing and self-confident friend who seemed so tired that he couldn't put a word together without showing that tiredness. They tucked him together and Jim gave Luke another tissue.

Edited by Lily

Aww, I rather like this dynamic between the 3 of them and the evolution of their comfort together. I am also growing rather attached to Luke with these updates. Total cutie pie. Stunning writing as always Lily!

Oh this is just so aww...the dynamic is amazing as well as the sneezes. Matt, Luke and Jim are so cute together. 

On 7/26/2023 at 2:30 PM, Lily said:

Matt rested his head on Luke's shoulder. Jim smiled and rested his head against Luke's shoulder as well. Luke was embarrassed at first but he quickly appreciated the soft warmth that emanated from the two heads of his friends. They cared.

Being cuddled by both is exactly what I was hoping for and I love it!  This is wonderful.  I love friends that are so close that snuggling up right next to them is perfectly natural. And I love that all of your stories show all different kinds of love can be what fills the heart - birth family or chosen family, lesbian, gay, friendship, coworkers, even ex-lovers turned close friends. 

salut salut

@Privatedancer yeeeah I know I imagined this in my head and I was like ok I have to write it
also, love is such an important thing in life, but people always thought of romantic/sexual love, in a heterosexual way but as you said, and as I'm conviced of it, there is so many kind of loves, and I love to write about it

@dwaekki @AntheaHolmes I know, Luke, Matt & Jim are the cutipies squad 🥰

thanks for the love ! here's the next part, I hope you will like it, I did enjoy to write it because of the lil drama-emotional part
hope you will like it 🤭

3 – A long night

Luke blew his nose and coughed a little.

"You should go...I am going to ruin your Christmas."

Jim looked at Matt. Matt fingered the end of the blanket.

"So doctor Luke what your prescription?" asked Matt.
"You have to go. Now." said Luke in the most firmly way possible but as his voice was broken, it diminished the expected effect.
"I'm not planning to do that" said Jim.

Matt looked at him. Oh if Jim was ok with staying here, he was too. He only wanted to be with Jim. And take care of his friend. Poor Luke was really not great, it touched Matt more deeply than he thought.

"Yeah me neither."
"Stop playing the sick guard" Luke protested, straightening up slightly which made him cough.

Matt winced when he heard it.

"I don’t want to but Jim already caught your cold so..."
"I didn’t catch his cold !" Jim protested.

Luke twitched his nose and grimaced. Jim actually felt pretty good despite the sneezes he had had earlier. It just looks like a tickle, he was sure of it. Or maybe the fatigue as it sometimes made him sneeze. Matt rolled his eyes.

"Yeah whatever. With my luck we all know I’m the one who’s gonna catch it anyways..."
"UHSSSHIIIEW !" sneezed loudly Luke in his elbow.

Matt almost jumped as he was not ready.

"Bless you" said Jim.
"Ugh...Thanks." and Luke hid under the blanket.

He coughed a bit more.

"Try to rest Luke. Jim and I are going to cook and watch a movie next door. Don't worry." said Matt calmly, to reassuring his friend they were going to be fine here.
"But I'm ruining your Christmas," muttered Luke actually looking very sorry, his eyes bright with fever.
"Not at all" said Jim and Matt in unison.

They looked at each other and exchanged a complicit gaze, Jim was even smiling. That vision made Luke tearing up.

"You're so beautiful together..." he said, confessing half his emotion and half due to his fever.
"Don't be jealous Sunshine" said Matt kissing Luke on the forehead.

Jim tucked Luke in gently. Luke mumbled "M'not..." and closed his eyes, down beaten by the fatigue.

Matt and Jim stayed in the room, Matt on the bed, close to Luke and Jim standing up near the bed, trying to fight he need to sleep. Then Luke looked like he was asleep so Matt and Jim went into the living room and picked out a movie. Jim leaned against Matt. He yawned several times.

"Are you sure you're not getting sick Jim ?" asked Matt rubbing gently Jim's hair.
"Really. I'm just..."

And Jim yawned again, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Sorry. Really tired."
"Lizzie is a monster" stated Matt, kissing softly Jim in his raven hair.
"No she's not..." Jim protested with little energy.
"Sure you're not feeling sick ?" asked Matt in a sweet tone, actually a bit concerned.
"Nuh..." said Jim, fighting another yawn.
"I love your perfect sneezes coming from youre perfect nose and you know it" said Matt, kissing Jim softly on his forehead, his cheeks, his mouth.

Jim blushed lightly – Matt could be so great about the sneezy talk you could almost though he had the fetish himself – and smiled. Matt caressed with tender Jim's nose, gently, on the bridge of his indeed beautiful straight nose, shaped like the David statue.

"But I do hope you're not sick my dear James" he whispered softly in his ear.

Jim could feel Matt soft breathe on his cheek and his ear. He shivered.

"You're tickling me..." he whispered.

Matt tilted his head and kissed him softly. Jim smiled against his lips and kissed him back then they parted and looked at each other. Matt rubbed his nose softly on Jim and Jim had a quick desperation look on his face then he quickly muffled his head against Matt's torso to sneeze.

"Uh-Uuuhshuuuuuuuh! "
"Bless youuuuuuu" said Matt, imitating Jim's sneeze sound, smiling lightly, gently messing up Jim's hair.

Jim blushed a bit, and wedged himself against Matt. Then he yawned again.

"Thanks. Sorry but I swear I’m not sick...I guessed its just fatigue sneezes..."
"I hope so. So then, rest against me." said Matt hugging him and kissing his hair again.
"Gladly." Jim whispered.

Jim was very tired. He had worked a lot in the recent days, having been promoted to the Greenway Post he had become chief editor and he had a lot of work. He fell asleep against Matt who let him. Once Jim was really asleep, Matt tucked him in properly and gently removed his shoes. He looked at Jim's handsome and peacefully asleep face, and smiled. He dimmed the light and stretched. He wasn't sleepy. So he went to see Luke. He tossed about in his sleep. Matt retrieved Luke's imposing doctor's kit, which he brought back to the bedroom. He sat down on the edge of the bed and turned on the light. Luke fidgeted more and more, frowned, gasping in his agitated sleep, his nostrils flared and he woke up with a heavy sneeze.

"HAASSHHIUUH !" right on Matt's face who was standing way too close.

Luke ran a hand over his face and fluttered his eyelids looking a bit lost.

"Matt ?"
"Help me. What pills do you have to take ?" Matt asked, frowning, fumbling unsuccessfully through Luke's pencil case with one hand, vaguely wiping his face with the other. Damn he was getting sneezed on all night long.
"Stop messing around with it" Luke protested with a broken voice and where Matt heard the anger rising.

Luke was the maniac kind. Matt left Luke’s bag and bit his nails. Luke always had a volcanic temper. He was usually very funny and seemingly detached, but Matt knew he was also a first-class pain in the ass. They had that in common. That was also why their relationship didn't work. Luke patted Matt on the hand.

"Stop biting your nails and take my temperature." Luke snarled, handing the thermometer to Matt and starting to look out for pills.

Matt rolled his eyes. Luke could really be a pain when he wasn't in his top form.

"Open your mouth then you moron" he replied dryly, trying his best to not lose his patience.

Luke opened his mouth and Matt put the thermometer in his mouth. Luke had the most brilliant eyes ever.

"What ?" he grumbled through clenched teeth as he saw Matt fixing him.
"Nothing. I forgot how grumpy you get when you’re sick" he mumbled.

Luke mumbled something under his breath to keep the thermometer from falling and Matt frowned.

"What ?"
"'ThhhsSHUH !" sneezed a very surprised Luke, dropping the thermometer and spraying Matt again.

Matt closed his eyes as a reflex, feeling the light mist on his face again. Even if Jim was indeed not sick he knew that he will definetely catch his usual winter cold here. Because of Luke who kept sneezing on him. And maybe did Jim catch it some days ago, and blessed he was with a great health, he did gave it to Matt without suffering from it. Matt was ready anyways. But being sneezed on by a sick person was not the best. He did had some great moments with a sneezy excited Jim, but he much preferred when he sneezed on Jim to see how completely mad Jim could get.

"Su-uh-ukshIIIEW !" sneezed Luke on the side and then coughed his lungs out.

Matt opened his eyes. Luke calmed down and turned to him.

"I'm sorry." he said softly.

Matt took the thermometer and widened his eyes when he saw the number indicated.

"Gosh you're on fire." he said, unable to hide how impressed he was.
"Matt ?" said Luke in a tiny voice.
"M-mm ?" mumbled Matt looking at him.
"I'm really sorry" said Luke then looking like he was about to sneeze again, he immediately placed his face in his elbow and waited a few seconds then sneezed wetly in it "Tssh'shiia ! Etssshaaa !"

Amused by the sound of it, Matt cracked a little smile on the side.

"The sound of those you put on my face were prettier." He said in his usual teasing tone.

Luke was embarrassed.

"Shut up" he said quickly.
"No way." replied Matt in the same tone.

They always had this quick way of speaking to each other to make peace.

"You're unbearable."
"Just trying to level up with you."
"But did you hear though ?"
"What ?"
"I'm sorry." repeated Luke in a serious tone.
"Cmon. Getting wet because of you was not my first time." mocked Matt, a light in his beautiful eyes.
"Ugh don’t be gross. I’m sorry about the whole situation. I know that you and J-Jim...Eh..."

He sneezed again on his elbow.

"K'sshUUUh !"
"Bless you." Matt said, pressing Luke’s shoulder softly.
"Thank you" – he was almost out of breath – "…you and Jim planned to go to the ocean. You can go. You should go." and Luke sighed.
"Jim is in Sleeping Beauty mode right now. So I'm stuck with you, Sneezy." joked Matt.
"And…And you're still in tee shirt. Please put something warmer." realized Luke, switching in his doctor mood again.

Matt rolled his eyes and put on what he thought was his sweater. But it was Luke. He didn't care and Luke, who didn't notice, lay back.

"You must be so glad to be able make fun of me..." sighed Luke again.
"Oh right. That's what I am doing." Matt muttered, pouring Luke a glass of water.

Luke took some pills and put it in his mouth then took Matt's glass and swallowed the while.

"It's weird." confessed Luke, running his hands through his beautiful afro hair.
"What's weird?" said Matt, taking his handkerchief and gently wiping the sweat from Luke's forehead.
"You. Being here. Playing the apprentice doctors."
"You're so hot." Matt muttered, worried even though he was trying to stay calm and collected.

"Yes...I know that." said Luke who gave a little wink as a joke.

Matt struggled to suppress a laugh.

"J-Jeez you're so vain"

Luke stopped smiling.

"You really think so ?" he asked seriously. His eyes even looked a bit sad.
"C'mon Luke..."

But Luke watched him with wide eyes. Attentive. Serious. And sad.

"No but tell me. Is that why you broke up with me ?"

Matt frowned.

"Luke I think now is not the time."
"Oh but I think it is."
"We already talked about it."
"Oh don’t worry. I don't...I just have some interrogations left. You said that with your mother's illness you couldn't take care of us."
"That was true." said Matt, serious and a bit pained at the time.
"But that's not the only thing you said to me remember ?"

Matt sighed.

"I was very angry at the time. I said horrible things. But I apologized afterwards, didn't you think I was being sincere ? Luke, please…" he sighed and added "The vain thing…It’s like my grumpiness…"
"I don’t know. I mean I know you were sincere, but I also think you were right. It wasn’t just some mean things you said. It as probably the truth. Nobody…Whatever. I feel like I’m the worst person ever. The most unlovable one, at least."

Matt sighed again. What was Luke doing to him ? It wasn't his style to lose faith in himself like that.

"Move." he finally said, looking at Luke.
"Huh ?"

Matt took off his shoes quickly and lied down against Luke. He turned his face towards him again.

"I loved you so much. I still do, even tough it's not in the same way. But few years ago, I was madly in love with you. You know that. But you also know the two of us couldn't work out. We are so alike, it's not a good thing. And we didn't want the same things. And...And my mother's death would have affected any of my relationships anyway." said Matt more seriously.
"But..."
"And I think I am lucky enough to have kept you as a friend. Don’t you?"
"Of course" - Luke bit his lip and sniffed lightly.
"So ?"
"Matt I...I have too many faults don't I?"
“A good ten at least” teased Matt.

Luke smiled but his eyes were still sad.

"But whatever, I love you with them, as my friend, a dearest one, and you know few people enters in this category. And as I told you, we are both very alike. So I consider myself blessed to be your friend, as I know few people actually are. And - and please listen carefully you idiot, as I don't planned to say that everyday, please heard this ; how unique and marvellous you are will always make me proud to call you my friend." said Matt with the sweet tone he could have, even if it was rare.
"Thanks Sunshine. Thank you so much" mumbled Luke.

Matt had a quick smile and gave Luke a little shoulder bump on his, a bit embarrassed by this emotional statement.

"But you know, just so you're not getting to disappointed of me, I will probably never found my Jim."

Matt shook his head.

"One of your faults is being far too dramatic."
"Yeah well...Uh...Uh..."

As he was about to sneeze, Matt put the handkerchief against Luke face right at the moment when Luke sneezed, trying to cover it with his hands but spraying on it with strengh.

"AAA'SSHUUh !"

Luke took the handkerchief from Matt and sneezed in it again.

"Haaa-ASHHEW ! ESSSHIUH ! Iii-Iii-Ikshiiiuh !"

He blew his nose and sighed then coughed a little in the handkerchief. Matt rummaged in his pockets and found a packet of tissues which he gave to Luke.

"Take theses, the handkerchief is already wet"

Luke looked a bit embarrassed.

"Sorry I’m being so disgusting."
"Yes you’re kinda are." mocked Matt.

Luke took a tissue and blew his nose again.

"But I don't mind" said Matt in a sweet tone.

Luke nodded and then was fighting a huge tickle that he could’nt get out of his system.

"Uh...Huh...gosh thats so annoying...Huh...Huh..."

Matt could’nt help it, he smiled. He thought of how much Jim would have loved this.

"Huh...Not...Nuh...Not gunna…Stop..." said Luke between two moans.
"I have to say, you’re kinda cute like this. Should take a pic" said Matt, amused.
"Don't you...Da-ah-re...ah....ah...But…M-M-Matt d-do s-s-something !" begged Luke, being tortured by his stuck sneeze.

Matt laughed but then suppressed his laugh in his fist, cause he didnt want to wake Jim. He needed the rest.

"What would you want me to do ?" he whispered.
"Huh...Huh..."

Poor Luke had his nose which made him so itchy he couldn't even speak. Matt, kinda beginning to be an expert on the matter, rested the tip of his index finger on the bridge of Luke's nose. That worked so well that Luke released a big loud sneeze, again on Matt.

"HAARSHUH !"
"Shhh" whispered Matt, covering Luke's face with one hand.
"T'shuuuuh !" sneezed Luke against Matt hand, and then "Hiiii"

Matt closed his eyes briefly. When he opened them again Luke sneezed again softly against his palm "hhh-shhhiiiiew!"

Matt left his hand on Luke's nose and mouth even tough he could felt that it was wet.

"You're done ?" he asked in a whisper.
"Mmm-mmso sorry..." whispered Luke, sniffing lightly.

Matt pulled his hand away and gave Luke a handkerchief.

"Bless you."
"Thank you."

Luke blew his nose and lay back. He closed his eyes. Matt tucked him in properly.

"I am sorry for the bastard who broke your heart. He didn’t deserved you."
"Do you mean Sam or you ?" Luke whispered with his eyes closed.

There was a silence.

"Both of us. I don’t even deserve Jim." finally said Matt.
"Of course you do Sunshine. You were meant for each other." protested Luke.

Matt smiled. He kissed Luke again on the forehead.

"You will find someone good. Someone like Jim. Well, just a bit like hom, otherwise it will be weird actually. And Jim is quite an exception. You know what ? I will find this guy for you."
"That's a scary thought" muttered Luke, which made Matt laugh softly.
"But tonight, please, try to rest. And relax. Everything is going to be fine."
"Thank you" whispered Luke, cut by a yawn.

And he felt asleep soon after, snoring lightly. Matt stayed lying for some hours, looking at Luke or just daydreaming. When he felt he was going to fall asleep he got up and went to make himself a whole coffee pot of good Italian coffee which he drank entirely while reading a book sitting on an armchair near Luke's bed.

Adorable, but I feel so bad for Luke 😭❤️ Also, I'd be lying if I said I wsnt looking forward to seeing matt start sneezing, whether that's from the cold or from his allergies 😆

I love the idea of Matt caring for both Jim’s Dan Luke and I love that he and Luke got to talk.  I do worry a bit about Jim getting jealous - he and Luke may need to talk too…

You are a writing machine! Still loving every moment of this. I have to admit, I wasn't at first too keen on introducing a storyline that included more of Luke, particularly with him being cared for by Jim and Matt, it felt too invasive in their relationship particularly given his history with Matt however, now I have completely changed my tune, so much so, that even though I am embarrassed to admit it, and while I don't think it's really your intent, I might even be rooting for OT3 ("One True Threesome" tag for a 3 person ship) which is very atypical for me, I'm not generally a fan of three person/polyamorous ships in writing, but for some reason in this case I feel like that should be the endgame especially since Luke seems to harbor lingering hurt from his failed relationship with Matt and Jim has the demeanor and caring patient nature that could help ease that pain as well possibly bridge the dynamic issues that made the relationship between just Luke and Matt not functional- with Jim as the buffer or mediator between their two personalities it could mold and meld all of them into a thriving healthy partnership, perhaps Jim was just the missing link for them to truly work together. Jim's character has already softened Matt's rather blunt and gruff exterior, he's more expressive, open, and underneath the surface, he's quite giving and has a truly caring nature. It also seems like part of the reason why their relationship imploded was related to the timing around his mother's death which made it difficult for Matt to contemplate being in a serious, loving relationship while he was battling his grief, it just almost feels like what was between them isn't quite finished yet, but Luke would never compromise or hurt or try to come between what Matt and Jim have, but in this setting, at this time, with the both of them it could really flourish. Not to mention Luke has the most adorable sneezes that would surely excite Jim-Luke and Matt could double team him with sneezes (among other double activities ;)). Luke gives the impression that he would be kink/sex positive and likely indulge Jim the way Matt does. That said, Jim would probably have a lot on his hands dealing with two hot-heads as his partners and I suppose I appreciate that Matt doesn't seem to harbor any jealousy about the potential for Jim to "enjoy" Luke's sneezing and even seems to wish he could be witnessing some of his fits, with the understanding that in the end Matt is Jim's #1. Still, there is a part of me that thinks a romantic partnership that includes all three of these lads would be marshmallowey sweet, and that I think they could fall into it relatively seamlessly given their existing dynamic and closeness, they just seem to be pieces of a puzzle that would fit together nicely. At any rate, don't mind my fantastical bleeding heart and absurd daydreaming for these characters. 😳

Edited by Not Telling
Added a sentence, corrected a few grammatical errors

Not telling I always love reading your opinions even though we often see things differently:). I was thinking the very thing Luke needs is a break from romantic relationships entirely.  A time for friendship, and building his confidence in being alone (not alone and looking, or in between relationships, but happily on his own)….figuring out what need he is trying to fill by always jumping immediately from one relationship to another.  And once again Lilly thank you for making characters with such depth they inspire conversation 🙂

13 hours ago, Privatedancer said:

Not telling I always love reading your opinions even though we often see things differently:). I was thinking the very thing Luke needs is a break from romantic relationships entirely.  A time for friendship, and building his confidence in being alone (not alone and looking, or in between relationships, but happily on his own)….figuring out what need he is trying to fill by always jumping immediately from one relationship to another.  And once again Lilly thank you for making characters with such depth they inspire conversation 🙂

Your summation is probably more on point. Mine is merely the whimsy of an idle-brained helpless romantic that got a little caught up.

I definitely don't want to undervalue the profoundness of an intimate close friendship. I agree with your earlier comments that point out how lovely it is to see platonic relationships naturally incorporate touch into their interactions without it being or meaning more than what it says on the tin and that love comes in many forms and it's nice to see a story representing love in all its archetypes. To that end, there is a lack of representation of ethical non-monogamy/polyfidelity which leads to inaccurate assumptions and perceptions about such a relationship dynamic. In the context with these three taking that avenue just felt inspired. There are so many different paths to take and storylines that could follow this and it's interesting to contemplate them and I equally enjoy hearing your take. Another intriguing possibility is Luke getting his own and separate cannon compliant love story where he is the center character in the verse and Jim and Matt mentioned and maybe even make appearances but are more side characters. (wink wink Lily). Either way, totally agree, thank you Lily for your lovely literature and beautiful characters that have so much depth and truth and inspiration. 

salut salut

On 7/29/2023 at 7:59 AM, dwaekki said:

Also, I'd be lying if I said I wsnt looking forward to seeing matt start sneezing, whether that's from the cold or from his allergies 😆

a wish coming true 🥰

@Privatedancer @Not Telling

reading you two is always a great time for me 🤭

I guess @Not Telling the fact that I did roleplaying a lot in my teenage years made me really into writing fics including love stories and exploring possibilities. I'm fascinated by how much you can see/understand of human nature with romantic relationships. I remember sometimes we (me and especially another person) shipped some guys (that were straight characters) so we wrote fictions "on the side", not from the canon story but almost fanfic of our own characters, who became gays in these stories...and when we liked the idea / when it was becoming so real for us, sometimes our characters made their coming out (haha, it's also the years where one other writer and myself discovered we were queer). And I do remember we even made a polyamourous relationship existing on the rpg we made, because we needed to explore it in our writing, without all the stereotypes we had in mind because of, well, society. So...In a way I feel you because your comment reminded me of this.

We'll see about how these stories will go, but I think I have to agree  with @Privatedancer on this one, Luke, to me, need some alone time (romantically speaking) and friends. But I'm not planning on leaving Luke alone, I do consider writing something who could be centered about him. 

thank you everyone, hope this chapter will please you all !

❤️

4 – Fever, memories & rest

Time passed. Matt had read three books, completely passionate about them. He was an avid reader but these days, with all the work he had, he didn't had the time to read much. Luke had all these great books about queer culture that Matt loved. It reminded him, some years ago, when he first met Luke…He lost himself in the memories of them, as Luke's words were throwing him back some years ago...

At one point Matt realized the day was up. He got up, stretched and took some coffee. He opened a new book and yawned so hard he thought he was going to drop his jaw. When he had finished the book, it was seven o'clock. He made himself yet another coffee and went out onto the balcony to drink it. It was very cold and it made him feel like he was waking up. At least a bit. He looked at the calm city, still asleep in most parts, it was the morning of the 24th of December.

Then Matt felt something warm against his back, and Jim's long, shiny arms wrapped around him softly. Jim's smell, musky and heady, and his hot face which nestled in his bare neck.

"Good morning Mister Hatfield."

Matt smiled. He rested his head on Jim's.

"Hello Mister Hatfield."

Then he turned. Jim looked radiant, the night's sleep doing him good. Matt kissed him on the cheek.

"You look a bit tired love" said Jim.
"I'm great."

Jim took Matt's cup and got a sip of his coffee.

"Damn it's a strong one."
"You can finish it I already drank too much of it."
"How can you drink too much coffee ?" asked Jim, surprised because he knew how Matt loved coffee.

Matt shrugged. Then Jim understood.

"Did you...Did you sleep at all ?"

Matt shrugged again, trying to resist to his want to yawn.

"Matt why do you keep doing such stupid things?" Jim sighed.
"Because I love when you ground me" teased Matt, but his voice was distorted by a yawn.

Jim kissed him on the nose and Matt shivered.

"I see. Long chat with Luke ?" he asked, trying to read Matt’s expression.

Matt shrugged. Jim sighed.

"Is that your answer for everything now ?"
"What do you want me to tell you ?" sighed Matt.

He took off his glasses to rub his eyes. Jim looked down at the mug and stirred it, swirling the cold coffee inside.

"I don't know. Just…What did you talk about ?"
"Just…Stuff" Matt said absently.

Jim frowned. He wasn't as jealous as he once was, but Matt didn't make any efforts.

"Oh yes, right. Stuff."

Flashback

"Can I walk you home?"

24's years-old Matt had turned to the suave voice that emanated from a beautiful black car. At the wheel, driving very slowly, a very handsome young man looked at him with lust. Large dark eyes with slightly drooping lids, black skin covered in golden glitter, dimples created by a dazzling smile. He was wearing only denim shorts and a light blue tank top. Matt recognized the handsome dancer from the ballroom scene he had just left. The one he had come to see every evening for a month. He didn't approach him, of course, but he had indeed spotted him.

"No, thanks" he said a distant tone.

The dancer continued to drive slowly near Matt. He didn't seem to be used to hearing no.

"I saw you inside, you were looking at me a lot didn't you ?"
"You know I did" answered Matt, putting his hands in his pockets, trying not to look again at this very, very handsome dancer whose ears pierced with magnificent golden earrings he had just noticed – Matt always had a thing for guys with pierced earrings – .

"Oh really ?"

Matt looked at the dancer who was still smiling.

"I'm Luke. I…" "I know." cutted Matt, biting his lips slightly, "I come every friday"

As he said that, he felt his cheeks becoming pink.

"For real ?" asked Luke with a charming way.

Matt put his hand over his mouth.

"Oh no need to cover, handsome. Just tell me your name." teased Luke.
"Huh-Huh-HHHH'tssshuuh !" sneezed Matt in his palm.
"I could bless you if I had your name, goldilocks" said Luke with a teasing smile.

Matt stopped. Luke stopped the car too. Matt tilted his head back slightly, gasping slightly, and then sneezed as discreet as he could, which always was hard for him to do.

"Hupp-shOOO! Hutshiiiuh! T'SHUuuUUH! Appp-SHIEW!" When he opened his eyes, the beautiful dancer was facing him.
"Bless you, Sunshine." and Luke readjusted Matt's collar. "You you're going to catch a cold you know. Just wearing this shirt"
"What's with all the nicknames ? And...No, I am not" murmured Matt, who wanted to move but was quite unable to do so, captivated. He never saw a guy being that confident with him.
"Hey, I'm a doctor-to-be." whispered Luke, smiling. God, this smile.
"Well I'm just Matt. Not...Goldilocks, Sunshine or..."
"Handsome ? Nice to meet you" - and Luke continued to fiddle with Matt's collar "But Matt, you should wear something warmer…" Matt pushed Luke's hands away. "You're the one to talk. Have you seen how you are dressed ?"

Luke took a few steps, turned around with grace and defiance. "You mind ?"

Matt had trouble keeping a poker face. He was a bit drunk, a bit tired but terribly attracted to this dancer. Or doctor. Or both, actually. As he undressed Luke with his gaze, Luke noticed it and did a few dance moves before half collapsing on Matt. Matt caught him and gently pushed him back against the car.

"So...Do you want me to ride you home?" whispered Luke.
"Hate cars. Come on my bike instead." Matt offered.
"Still got my heels." objected Luke.
"I drive well."
"Or I can stay into your arms" said Luke, hugging Matt.
"Depends. For how long?"
"How long do you want me to be?"
"J-jeez..." whispered Matt.

Matt blushed. Luke looked like he found that way too cute and kissed him on the cheek.

"Not very long" said Matt.
"I can pass into your life like a lightning" whispered Luke, bringing his face close to Matt's.
"I'll like that, if you don't destroy anything" said Matt in the same tone, his slips dangerously close to Luke's.
"Granted"
"Not sure if I trust you" frowned Matt.
"Not sure if I trust you" smiled Luke.
"Shut up"
"Kiss me"
"Shut up !"

But Matt, thinking Luke was just going to be one of these cute boys who passed into his life, finally kissed him.

End of the flashback

"I'm going inside" Jim informed, cutting Matt out of his memories.
"Wait" immediately said Matt taking Jim by the wrist.

Jim turned to Matt questioningly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't plan to be mysterious. Or to make you jealous or..."
"I am not jealous of Luke." said Jim, but he felt his heart beat faster.
"The thing with Luke, is that he was not supposed to be in my life at all. And, just like the persons I love the most, he entered in my life like a surprise."

Jim felt his heart calm down a bit. He caressed Matt's hand, which squeezed his own.

"I know" he said softly.
"And yesterday night...He was very lost, confused and..." Matt was so tired he was searching for his words.

Jim felt his heart speed up despite himself. Matt, who felt Jim's pulse under his fingers, frowned slightly. Then he smiled, which lit up his tired face.

"The only person who's feeling a bit jealous is Luke. Because he loves you and I think he wants to find someone like you."
"Don't say stupid stuff just to relaxed me" said Jim, blushing a bit.
"I am not I-w-waAAait I-huv...HAPSHUH !" sneezed Matt freely but on the side.

Jim felt a wave of heat fill his body.

"Bless you."
"Snff...Yes I'm not just saying that! We actually talk about that. About relationships."

Jim nodded. Matt smiled and softly caressed Jim's cheek. It felt warm under his cold fingers.

"And we talked about us, Luke needed to. I should have taken this time before but...Well."
"I see" said Luke without looking at Matt, but loving this soft cold caress on his skin.
"You know how I can be. My breakup with Luke was messy and we never really talked about it. And yesterday Luke was so unsure and deliring because of the fever he needed closure I guess."
"Yes...I guess so."
“So…Are we ok?” asked Matt, so tired but ready to talk about it more if Jim wanting to.
"Of course. I love how close Luke and you are, I love how he is able to bring out the best parts of you." said gently Jim, convinced of it.

Matt frowned his nose lightly and his face distorted itself in a cute way, he breathed a bit and then he sneezed again.

"Ahhh-AAESHUH ! Sorry."
"Bless…" and Jim kissed Matt softly on his nose "…You."

Matt smiled and yawned.

"Sorry again."
"Go sleep on the couch I take over for Luke"
"But I'm great !" protested Matt, preventing his teeth from chattering.

Jim gently pushed him inside before following him and closing the window. The cold/hot effect tickled Matt's nose and he sneezed into the collar of his sweater, or to be more precise, into the collar of Luke's sweater he wore.

"Uhhh-pKISHUH !"
"Bless you" said Jim, straightening out the curls of Matt who was trying to pull away slightly, his gaze haggard, his breathing panting as he was going to sneeze again.
"Huhhh-huuuh-pshieeeew ! Snff"

And Matt shivered again. A look of concern passed into Jim's hazel gaze.

"Bless you love"
"I'm fine" said Matt like a kid.

Jim smiled lightly.

"Yes, yes love. Go to sleep."
"Pff just for one hour or two then"
"Sleep well" and Jim gently pushed him towards the living room.

Matt yawned all the way and collapsed on the couch. He had barely put his head on the pillow when he was asleep.

When Matt woke up he knew he was already sick. It probably wasn't Luke, but it couldn't have helped getting sneezed on all night. He felt his aching body, his irritated throat and his parched mouth, as his nose was stuffed up. Was a shitty body, he though, awkwardly putting his glasses back on his nose. A big shiver ran through him and he sneezed freely, shivering again.

"Ap-SHIEW !"

He kept shivering and curled up in the blanket.

"Bless you Sunshine" said Luke in a raspy voice.

Matt turned to Luke's voice. Luke looked better, colors on his cheeks, brilliant gaze and rested face. Only his nostrils were red but he looked fine. Then Jim arrived behind him, with a tray full of food.

"Hungry love ?"

Matt noded. He was not very angry though. Luke sat down on jn armchair. Jim put the tray on the coffee table and sat down next to Matt. He ran a hand through his hair, smiling, trying to straighten it up a bit, as Matt's curls were a mess.

"What time is it ?" said Matt after clearing his throat.
"Almost an hour." replied Luke, drinking hot tea.
"You must be starving" Jim said as he handed Matt the plate he had just prepared.

There was an assortment of cakes, bread, scrambled eggs, cake, vegetables, lots of good things that made up a kind of brunch that Matt would have loved if he had at least been able to smell what he was about to eat.

"Oh...Thanks" said Matt, wondering how he was going to eat all of that.
"Is it just the contrast of my beautiful ebony skin or didn't Matt looked rather pale ?" asked Luke to Jim.

Matt bit into a piece of bread.

"You're feeling better I see." he mumbled.

He frowned lightly his nose. He felt a tiny tickle in it. Luke smiled.

"I had a good watchman."

Jim took a sip of tea.

"You do look pale Matt. And you have dark circles."
"Thanks hubby." said Matt in his usual cynical tone.
"Matt..." started Jim, but he was cut by a little sneeze coming from Luke.
"Uuuh-shhuh!" in his elbow.
"Bless you" Jim said, offering Luke the box of tissue.

Luke took the box and one tissue. He blew his nose dutifully and threw the handkerchief like a basketball right into the trash can.

"Show-off" Matt muttered seeing him do it.
"I do feel way better" said Luke with a smile "Thank you for yesterday night" he said looking at Jim too.
"I did nothing" protested Jim.
"You stayed"
"Yes but I was sleep..."
"aAAAaaAApchIIIew !" sneezed Matt, and then starting shivering like crazy.
"Bless you" said Luke before Jim, and then he looked a bit sorry, as he felt guilty even tough Matt probably caught a cold in another place.

Jim moved closer to Matt and put his hand on his forehead but Matt pulled away.

"I'm okay." immediately said Matt, more as a reflex to reassuring Jim than preoccupied to say the truth.
"Matt nobody is supposed to shake like this" Jim protested softly, resting his hand on Matt's forehead and grimacing.
"Just need another swe-eh-eh...Uh no...Mo-ooo-moveh....Eh-PSHhhhUuuh !" Matt sneezed, turning his face away and sneezing into his sleeve. Then he took a deep breathe and sneeze loudlier against it again "hhhhhhhhhh-PSSXSHIUH !"
"Bless you" said Jim, holding back a lot not to let go and kissing Matt again and again in front of Luke.

Luke stood up and put his hand on Matt's forehead.

"You don't have any fever."
"Yes but see how he shivers?" frowned Jim, concerned.

Matt pushed the two away gently, and Jim crossed his fingers in Matt's to hold his hand in his.

"Calm down you two, I’m just a bit cold" he mumbled, caressing Jim's hand with his thumb.

Luke took his own plaid and put it on Matt's shoulders.

"Here you go."
"Luke can you take the big bag in your all ?" asked Jim.
"yep"

Luke went to the entrance, stopping halfway, panting slightly before sneezing wetly in a tissue.

"Hiiii-pisssshhhhiIIUH !"
"Bless you" said Jim, then as soon as Lule was out of sight he kissed Matt with passion.

Matt put his hands around Jim's neck and kissed him back, warming him better than the blanket Luke had just put on his shoulders. Then Matt gently separated his lips from Jim's. He passed his tongue softly against his own lips.

"That was a good one"

Jim smiled and looked a bit on the side.

"If I sneeze more will you kiss me more ?" teased Matt.

Jim turned back to Matt. He frowned.

"I didn't kissed you because you snee..."

Matt, amused, cut him by another kiss.

"Jim your bag is so heavy what did you put in it ?" Luke whispered as he returned.

Matt and Jim shared from each other.

"Well it's Christmas isn't it ?" said Jim with his charismatic big smile.

Always living for these dynamics ❤️ They're all so caring towards each other. Your writing is definitely some of the best I've read, you just portray characters and emotions so well, not to mention the sneezing! Looking forward to reading more soon 🥰

On 8/1/2023 at 3:44 PM, Lily said:

I remember sometimes we (me and especially another person) shipped some guys (that were straight characters) so we wrote fictions "on the side", not from the canon story but almost fanfic of our own characters, who became gays in these stories...and when we liked the idea / when it was becoming so real for us, sometimes our characters made their coming out (haha, it's also the years where one other writer and myself discovered we were queer). And I do remember we even made a polyamourous relationship existing on the rpg we made, because we needed to explore it in our writing, without all the stereotypes we had in mind because of, well, society. So...In a way I feel you because your comment reminded me of this.

This is marvelous and so wholesome, no wonder you write such open-minded characters, thank you for sharing!

As per your usual platinum standard, this was a wonderful chapter! Pleased, is the bare minimum reaction I have while reading your artfully crafted stories. Seeing new updates from you is my raison d'etre! These guys are all just so sweet! ❤️ 

I loved getting to learn a little about Luke and Matt as young adults.  While I wouldn’t have pictured Luke as a dancer it made perfect sense.  Your characters have such depth:)

salut salut

@dwaekki that's so sweet, I’m really touched as english is not even my mother tongue, but I feel more confident to write sneeze fics in english than french ?? 😅😘

@Not Telling I’m so glad...When I thought that in my mind I was only going to make a little story about Jim and Matt, and now it’s almost turning as a saga I can’t 😂
T’es tellement mimi ! 🥰

@solitaire-au & @Privatedancer at least you each have your own 🤭❤️

@PrivatedancerI love to write about my characters in every temporality
and for Luke being a dancer : I knooow ! I wasn’t sure of it, but look what I found in the chapter 17 of « so many places » :

« Luke ? Luke had been voguing since he was sixteen and he danced at the club on the weekends. The two together made a nice energetic pair. »

Haha I KNEW that I wanted Luke to be a dancer, but yeah, he’s doing that « on the side » apart from his doctor job (hyperactive much ?) 😂

thank you every one 🤗

soooo

this is the last part of this  short story about Luke , but they’re will be more, and maybe even one centered on Luke if you want it ?? coz I could definetely wrote something from his perspective
for the next short story, I was planning to write something about Matt’s cat allergy because I have to write something about it don’t I ? 😺

ps : I sneezed 4 times correcting this chapter, which for me is a lot, I guess the story is growing on me 🤭

5 – Christmas gifts

Surprised, Luke opened the mouth but for once, he had nothing to say. Matt was quite surprised too.

"When did you find the time to bring them here ?" he asked, a bit confused.

"Luke was taking his shower, you were still asleep, I took my bike and made the ride" simply explained Jim, with a cute smile on his face.

Jim just had another smile, the kind of smile Matt preferred from him, the little one, on the side. They exchanged their gifts, and Luke had some for the guys too, even tough he didn't take the time to wrap them up, as he thought he was going to see the boys after their trip to the ocean, that finally didn't took place because of…Well his fault in a way. Luke got some really incredible beauty and care products, a hammam monthly subscription and some vinyl discs from great artists he loved. Even if Matt and Jim didn't care about christmas, they aimed right. And also for themselves. Matt got some great art books from Luke. Jim offered Matt a card for scuba lessons, which Matt had been dreaming about for months, and he was so unexpected that he sputtered thanks to a very amused Jim. Jim received a beautiful leather jacked picked up by Luke and a bike, well at least a bicycle helmet and a cute doodle by Matt which represented Jim on a bike, Matt specifying that the bicycle was waiting for him at home, and that it would change from his damn motorcycle. Jim burst out laughing; Matt would never change, but he told him that even though he was thrilled with the bike, he wouldn't give up on his motorbike.

"We'll see about that" mumbled Matt.

They were all very happy and touched, even tough Matt tried to hide it a bit, as usual.

"I don't want to sound corny or ungrateful and all but my real gift is you two being here." declared suddenly Luke.

"That's so cheesy, even from you" commented immediately Matt to hide that he was touched by Luke's words.

Luke shrugged. At this point he didnt care about Matt's mockery. He was genuinely touched by their presence.

"I don't know if you still spoke Matt's language but what he meant was 'Luke I don't know how to tell you I'm so touched by what you said'" added Jim, with a mischievous gaze, and then, more seriously and sweet "Thank you Luke, we feel great here."

Matt blushed a little and drink a bit of tea. His husband knew him way too much. And now the problem was he was certainly going to crack how much Matt was sick right now. Because Matt himself was sure he was getting sick but he also knew he had to hide it. At least for tonight. Otherwise Luke was going to be more of a drama queen about it. Matt only wanted Luke to feel better tomorrow morning so he could go home with Jim. He was ready to accept a bit of caretaking from Jim but just a little. Right now, he wanted Jim more than everything. But also he felt disgustingly sick and trying to hide it from his doctor friend and his dearest husband was mission impossible. Or was it ?

Matt spent the rest of the evening preventing himself from sneezing by pinching his nose as soon as Luke and Jim didn't look at him, or going to the bathroom to sneeze in the worst way for Matt; stifling them. He was actually hurting himself in the process and felt a headache coming on, but couldn't just started sneezed and being taken cared off right away. He was too stubborn for that. He wanted to sleep in Jim's arms. That's all he wanted.

Fortunately for him, Luke, even tough he was feeling better, got tired quickly. As Jim finished to clean the room, he helped Matt to unfold the sofa to make a big bed for them.

"It's ridiculous you could be more comfortable in my bed, we can exchange if you want" proposed Luke.

"Nun...Nonsense...Uh..."

"Matt ?" asked Luke, raising his head.

Matt's eyes were half-closed, his mouth quivering and nostrils quivering.

"Uhhh-PSSHUUH ! 'PisSHhhuh! Mmm...." he sneezed, covering them with his arm, leaning over very violently from the force of those sneezes. He couldnt help a little moan after it, of relief.

"Again ? You sneezed a lot tonight. Bless you." said Luke.

"Snfff ! It's just some dust of the couch. And you did too. You are the one with the cold, remember ?" said Matt in a light tone, trying not to chatter his teeth, frustrated about how Luke and Jim did seemed to heard most of his sneezes. Jim hazel's eyes already looked concerned.

"I...iiiiishiiiuuuuh !" sneezed a cute lost Luke, in a high-pitched tone.

"See ?" said a triumphant Matt, glad the attention was'nt focused on him.

"Bless you." said the sweet Jim from the kitchen.

"Thanks honey !" shout Luke, then coughing a little.

He looked at Matt, who, even tough he looked unphased, had this little gaze of concern in his eyes.

"So...I'm tired, sorry. Going to bed. Sleep well." said Luke, covering a yawn.

"You too drama queen." mumbled Matt.

And Luke, in a very dramatic way, send Matt a kiss and then did go to the kitchen to say good night to Jim. Matt slipped under the blanket and waited for Jim. But this one did not come. He turned off the light which hurt his head. Matt frowned. Jim was so long to join him. Did he chatted with Luke ? Jeez, that one was annoying. He yawned a little. Finally Jim arrived. He crawled under the sheets and Matt could feel his warm smell, though he shivered when Jim tugged the blanket a little.

"You took a long time."

He felt an unpleasant tickle inside his nose and tried to ignore it.

"Sorry, Luke was giving my advices" whispered Jim, kissing Matt softly on the forehead.

"What kind of advice ?" asked Matt, a bit curious.

The tickle intensified.

"Of how I should manage the fact that you're our next patient."

"Thats...I dont even s-see what you're t-talking ab-bout..." said Mattw now fighting a huge urge to sneeze.

"Oh right. Stop being a tease and kiss me. Quick" whispered Jim, who couldnt help it but being excited right now.

And Matt kissed him. In the moment the pressure of the lips against his, their kiss, it blocked his desire to sneeze. But then he parted and gasped.

"Hhh-hhh-hhhuuuh"

"My poor darling, why did you even try to hide it to me..." whispered Jim.

"Haaa-AtsshhhUUUhh !" Matt sneezed awkwardly, putting his hand over his mouth shaking as I sneezed.

"Bless you. Come into my arms, you are frozen." whispered Jim.

"Huh...Nuh-uh... I'm feeling...So...Sneezy..." Matt was gasping a lot, tortured by the want to sneeze but also wanting to be with Jim.

"And that's a problem because...?" Jim asked in a teasing way, taking Matt into his arms with a gesture of tenderness and protection, picking up a handkerchief and stroking it gently under Matt's nose.

"Uh...Dont want...To wake up...L-L-Luke..." Matt said, feeling himself melt into Jim's arms.

The touch of the handkerchief on his sensitive skin made him shudder. And the moonlight filtering through the window revealed Jim's bright eyes looking at him in such a way that Jim was capable, in a mixture of tenderness, concern, love and passion.

"He's already deeply asleep..." said softly Jim, starting to kiss Matt on the neck.

"T-then I...I d-d-don't want..." whispered Matt, breathing loudly, trying to hold his sneeze.

Jim stopped kissing Matt right away and look at him.

"You don't want this ?"

"That's not what I-AaaAaaAAh-ATSHUUH !" sneezed Matt, turning on the side to avoid sneezing on Jim's face.

"Bless y...Oh you're not done are you ?"

"Nuh-uh" was the only answer Matt could give at this point, his nostrils flaring still, his head lightly back as he tried to take his breathing back to the normal, without success; he sneezed again, covering them only with his palm as he was too tired and not in a very good position to covering them otherwise - "Huhh-Ah-hh-AEPSHUH ! Oh…EEEHPSHUH ! Huh-huh-EPSHHUH !"

There they was. Matt's big and loud sneezed, sounding not very wet but very deep, as if Matt needed to expel them stronger than usual, and he moaned also, like he couldn't let them go quickly and that made them more intense, shaking Matt's body like crazy.

"Oh…Eh…HEPSHUH ! EeeeEHHPSHUH ! Mmm…ETSHUUUUH ! EIIISHUH ! Ah…HUH-APSHUH ! ATSSSHUH !"

"Oh my...Bless you." gasped Jim.

And Matt pounced on Jim's lips. Now he felt how warm was Jim and wanted it too. Plus he didn't need to sneeze anymore so he really wanted this. They kissed and started to get rid of their clothes but the sound of footsteps followed by light stopped them dead. Jim flattened himself against the couch and Matt hugged the blanket to his bare chest. Luke was in his sweatpants and dressing gown. He looked, a bit confused, the face of Matt who was visible and a vague shape under the blanket that appeared to be Jim.

"Sorry but...Are you ok ? You sneezed quite a lot and..." he frowned, realizing Matt was recovering his breath "Is that...From you sneeze attack ? Do you have troubles to breathe? "

Undercover, Jim restrained a laugh. He was breathless too.

"Nuh...UP-SSSHIIEw !" sneezed loudly Matt, putting his face under the blanket and freed his sneeze undercover.

Jim felt a mist on his face and had to bite his lips hard to not moan.

"Bless you. Matt, you have to...Where is Jim ?" frowned Luke.

"M'here..." breathed Jim, trying to relaxed but having trouble too, Matt's hand caressing his torso softly under the blanket.

He stuck his head out of the blanket and sat up slightly. Matt, one hand hidden under the blanket, continued to stroke him gently. Jim tried his best to calm down his breathing too.

"You seemed out of breath too" immediately noticed Luke, approaching the couch.

"Hey...Uh...Uh..."

Jim bited his lip as Matt, who was going to sneeze, still caressed him under the blanket.

"Eh-Eh-AAA-PSSSSHIIIEW !" sneezed freely Matt.

Jim couldn't restrained a little moan as Matt hand was caressing him a little harder when he sneezed. Luke frowned.

"Jim are you...?"

"I kicked him, sorry love" immediately said Matt, and he retrieved his hand to gently wipe the tip of his nose but it still made him want to sneeze which he did almost right away "'TSHIEW-uh... "

"No worries" breathed Jim, red as a tomato, which contrasted deeply because of his usual pale skin "Bless you."

Luke was a bit skeptical about the situation but still approached the sofa.

"Yeah...Bless you."

He put his hand to Matt's forehead.

"You have fever."

"You mean I'm hot" teased Matt.

"Jim you looking warm too" said the sick doctor, approaching his hand of the red Jim.

Jim let him.

"You're hot too"

"I know" said Jim.

Luke and Matt exchanged a quick look and started laughing.

"What ?" asked Jim, a bit bewildered, not understanding the pun, still trying to stop his blushing.

"Nothing love" said Matt with his brilliant eyes full of tenderness, and he leaned down to kiss him.

"Don't kiss him you idiot !" exclaimed Luke.

"Mmm-what ?" said Matt, parted from Jim, then kissing him again ok the cheek "Why ? So he don't catch our cold ? Forget about that"

"Yes I don't mind" whispered Jim.

"You're both really crazy you know that ?" winced Luke.

"That's your diagnostic doc ?" asked Matt with a smirk.

Luke shrugged and crossed his arms.

"Figured that about you long time ago. Jim, I kinda knew it too the day you accepted to be married to Matt." 

Jim scoffed and Matt pretended to be offended.

"You could at least defend us !" he said, turning to Jim.

Jim looked at Matt and caressed his cheek. But under the cover his foot caressed Matt's leg, slowly, softly, going up slowly...Matt shivered. Luke realized what they were doing and blushed. It was rare for him, because few things shocked him and even fewer things made him blush. But the…

"Good night guys" he quickly said, starting to speed up to go back to his room.

Matt blushed slightly but Jim was downright scarlet and immediately stopped his gesture. He thought he was as discreet as Matt, but clearly he was not.

"Sorry Luke !" Matt grimaced.

Well, that was embarrassing. Jim wanted to hide under the blanket. Luke stuck his head out the door.

"You guys have no manners." he commented, trying to hide the fact he wanted to laugh. Jim was such a tease ! He didn't knew that about him.

"Sorry…" Jim said, half hiding his face behind the couch.

"Do sleep well. I mean…Do…Whatever you have to do…" teased Luke, who had returned to his mischievous and provocative attitude.

"Shut up Luke !" protested Jim, even if he was still blushing.

Matt was so surprised at Jim's reaction he laughed, and had a proud gaze. He stuck his tongue out at Luke. Luke who, teased by Jim's attitude, added ;

"No but for real. Hope the couch will be comfortable enough to…"

Jim widened his eyes, threw a cushion in Luke's direction to silence him. Luke caught him deftly but wanted to sneeze at the same time so he sneezed onto it "IiiiIIII-SHuUH!"

"Ugh you can keep it !" said Matt.

"Gla-ah-ah-IIISHHUH !" sneezed Luke, at the same time of a double sneeze surprised Matt "Hup-SHUH-SHUH!"

Jim was still blushing, but now for a totally other reason than is embarrassment from Luke's allusion. These strong and surprise sneezes calmed down both Matt and Luke. Luke rubbed his nose softly and apologized, and Matt curled up in Jim's arms, who kissed him on the forehead.

“Bless you, both of you.” said Jim softly.

Luke hide a tiny yawn in his fist.

“Good night guys. Love you.”

"Yeah, we love you too" said Jim, winking at Luke.

Matt was about to say something witty but Jim cutted him with a kiss. Luke smiled and went to his room. Matt looked at Jim.

"Jim..."

"Don't be too loud please ! I want to sleep !" shouted Luke.

Jim giggled and hide his face into Matt's neck, kissing him softly.

"We'll try !" Jim replied in the same tone.

Matt rolled his eyes and turned his face towards Jim. Amazed by how beautiful Jim looked, healthy and adorable – while he felt so sick and disguting himself – he whispered "I love you so much".

Jim smiled, touched. Matt was tender and deeply in love with him, but his declarations were always a bit unexpected.

"Merry Christmas, my dear Jim. " added Matt, rubbing his nose softly against Jim’s cheek both to relieved a little tickle and to being tender with his dearest husband.
"Merry Christmas, love. "
"Huh-Huuuh-esshiew ! ESHshhhuh !" he sneezed softly, almost like a deep breath on Jim's neck "Oh...Sorry..."
"Bless you love." whispered Jim, massaging tenderly Matt's neck.

Then Jim took Matt's hands and bring them to his lips to kiss them softly. This took Matt back a few years, their first year of dating, and how Jim always touched Matt's hands, kissing them in a very romantic manner which always made Matt's heart shivered. And it still worked today. He curled up in his arms and the two of them lay down, hugging each other tightly, which was truly what both of them truly want for Christmas.

THE END 

🌈🎄❤️

Wow ❤️ such a cute end but now I'm sad I'll have to wait for another amazing m/m story again 😔 Take your time writing, I'll always come back for more! Thank you for this great story and these amazing characters, I'll never get tired of reading about them!!