• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Privatedancer

• Lily

• Not Telling

• dwaekki

Lovely update and I love that it allows Matt to realize that Jim is soooo in love with him and was desiring him even before they talked.  And I love that he is triggered by moments of tenderness too .  For some reason this got me thinking what if there really was a way of knowing how much your words or actions were effecting another -on the one hand you could easily adjust and improve sex but on the other hand there are always plenty of times when things are just average - thus the meaning of average- and that would be abundantly clear to your partner ….

Yaaaaay they're okay! They talked. This was amazing. Now I'm wondering if Matt is gonna tell Jim about helping Billy. Is Matt moving back in? Will they be working together again? Soo many questions for such an incredible story. Bravo! 🙌

Sorry I'm a dork 🫠

• 2 weeks later...

salut salut

@dwaekki thank you very much that's so sweet ! It's hard to stop with theses guys actually haha 😂

@solitaire-au thank you for this adjusment ! While I research in french the two things are like connected to each other, but yeah, Jim is definetely experimenting sxually induced sneezing 🤭

@Privatedancer yaaaay I love for this cuteness of Jim, and how Matt is realizing, not believing it at first. I could see them doing that 🥰

Sorry I took all that time. I hope this update will pleases you. I think it will be the end of this "not so short" story about the guys for now, but I definetely can write an epilogue, considering @2SHY222 questions I think it could be nice 🤷‍♀️

thank you for you sweet comments

take care 💜

9 - I'm ok now

Jim froze. Matt froze too, smiling, his face very close to Jim's face. They could smell each other, their breathing accelerating slowly.

“I was so scared for your health dear” confessed Matt.

And he very gently caressed Jim's cheek. Jim was burning but knew Matt was reassured to know that it was for a much nicer reason than he thought.

“Told you I wasn't sick” mumbled Jim, troubled.

"Sorry" whispered Matt, kissing Jim very softly on the forehead "I should have" then kissing him on the right cheek "Believing you" then he kissed him on the left cheek.

All his kisses were soft and tender and Jim felt a tingle in his nose. Very cutely his nose was now twitching. Matt noticed this and smiled lightly. He kissed him very slowly on the mouth. Jim shivered. He knew he had to sneeze but this kiss...This kiss was everything. They exchanged a long tender kiss but then Jim felt his breathing pick up and speed up as he needed the air to sneeze. Matt understood and stepped aside lightly. Jim pinched his nose softly and let out a cute very breathy sneeze "hhhHuuuk'shhhuuu" and he was going to apologize but Matt cutted him with another kiss.

They fell into each other's arms and exchanged long kisses. But then Jim felt the tickle coming again and gently pushed Matt back with one hand on his chest, the other in front of his face and sneeze "HuAshUU ! UhhhSSSHUUH ! UhsssshhOO !"

Matt caressed Jim's cheek with his thumb.

"Bless you."

Jim felt a bit ashamed and sniffed lightly. He rushed to Matt's lips but Matt placed his fingers on his mouth gently.

"Are you sure you are ok?"

"Yes" grunted Jim who wanted to kiss Matt and felt frustrated.

"Jim..."

"What ?" grunt Jim.

“Dear you’re sneezing a lot.” gently said Matt, a bit concerned as he didn't want Jim to suffer in any way.

“Told you why didn’t I?” Jim muttered, blushing slightly.

Matt felt his own cheeks redden.

"But..."

“You want to stop this isn’t it?” realized Jim, pained but understanding.

Matt shook his head vigorously.

"Of course not !"

He removed his fingers from Jim's mouth to kiss him quickly.

"I want this as much you" confessed Matt "I just want to make sure you're ok."

Jim nodded.

"Told you. I'm ok."

"It's just...You never...Did that before so it's all new for me."

“It’s new for me too” said Jim, getting more frustrated than he wanted to.

And he let himself fall back on the bed with a sigh. Matt gently brushed back his dark locks and held his face in his hands. Their eyes did not leave each other.

"Hey I don't mind" gently and honestly said Matt, kissing soflty Jim on the cheek.

"I wanted you back Matthew, I just didn't know how much." mumbled Jim.

Matt smiled nervously, blushed a little but didn't answer. Jim looked at him with a questioning gaze.

"Sorry. Don't know what to say to this and you know how I tend to babbling when I'm nervous so please cut me here because right know I'm just feeling like I couldn't be more happier, being here, with you and...And why are you smiling ?" quickly said Matt.

"Because you are babbling love" smiled Jim, feeling more relaxed suddenly and rising slightly.

They kissed, wanting this kiss at the same time and sharing their tenderness and love that way. Perhaps it was the tension of the moment, between their fiery kisses and their passionate caresses but Jim no longer felt the urge to sneeze for a moment. There was a single moment, when Jim, who slowly moved up from between Matt's legs, sliding a series of slow and tender kisses all along his stomach and then his torso, which Jim, taking by surprise, sneezed violently against Matt's torso.

“Huh-AKSHHUH !”

Matt felt a warm spray on his skin, as his head was slightly tilted back, his back gently arching with each of Jim's kisses, his legs spread...

Matt didn't react, let escaped a little "Go on. ..”.

Jim pursued his kisses along Matt's skin, he knew he was going to finish with a long reunited kiss but wanted to take his time as he distinctly could see and feel how much Matt was being so satisfied right now. But as Jim was kissing Matt's neck, he started to breathe desperately.

"Hh-hhh...Sorry...Hhhh-hhhold on..."

Matt shivered violently as he heard Jim's deep voice as if possessed by his need to sneeze, it took all the control of his dear husband and knowing now why Jim sneezed was very exciting to Matt. Matt placed a hand on Jim's head and his fingers slipped through his dark hair. He straightened up slightly.

"I love you" he let out in a whisper in Jim's ear.

“Hhhh-hhh-haAAshhhUuuUH !” sneezed Jim against Matt's neck.

Matt moaned of pleasure and knew he was definitely sure of it; Jim wasn't the only one having a weakness for sneezing. Jim sniffed lightly, a bit amazed by this big sneeze but mostly because Matt's reaction was unexpected.

“Huh...Sorry love”

"Please...Don't be...I'm...That was so...Oh well you know...B-Bless you..." whispered out of breath Matt, kissing Jim between every words.

Jim and Matt smiled, sharing this incredible intimacy and passion, they kissed some more.

A few hours later.

Matt was deeply asleep yet the characteristic creaking of the floorboards woke him from his slumber. It took him a few seconds before he realized he was at their house, back to Jim, with him who kept him in his arms while Matt was falling asleep. It was very early and dawn was beginning to break. Jim was sitting on the edge of the bed, face in his hands. Shoulders low. No sound was audible and Matt knew Jim was crying. He frowned, worried, sat up and gently placed his hand on Jim's shoulder.

“Hey what’s wrong ?”

Jim quickly wiped his face with his hands.

"Nothing. Sorry to wake you up."

Matt frowned again and put another hand on the other shoulder of Jim. Then he gently pressed the shoulders between his fingers and started a little massage.

"You're so tense right now" he realized.

"I...Bad dream that's all."

But his voice was weaker as he said it. Matt gently placed his face on her shoulder and tilted his face slightly. Jim's hazel eyes were bright. And even wet. Jim swallowed. The tears came back as quickly as they were wiped away. The fall down on his cheeks and I tried to cover a little sob without success. Matt slid nimbly over to sit next to Jim. He took one hand in his and kissed him gently on the shoulder.

"Hey hey..."

Jim let go of Matt's hand to hold Matt in his arms, against him.

Gently he rubbed Jim's back. He could have said a thousand things to him but this was not the time to show off his ability to put words to others. Jim sniffed lightly. He had stopped to cry in Matt's arms.

“At why time are you leaving tomorrow ?”

Matt frowned. He wasn't expecting this.

"I...Don't know what time do you want me to leave ?" he answered with a question, unsure of himself.

“I don’t want you to leave.” sniffed Jim.

“Then I won’t.” said Matt, and his expression was full of relievment.

Jim broke away from their embrace and put his hand under his nose. He sniffed again.

“Can you snff gice me a tissue ?”

“Yes sure, sorry” and Matt was about to give him a tissue he took from the box but he just had the time to take two quick inspirations and then he sneezed info the tissue as two sneezes surprised him.

"Hh-hhhuh-HuPsHUUH ! Eeee-EKsHIEEW !"

Jim jumped slightly and turned to him.

“Bless you.”

Matt cheeks got pink. He whispered a breathy “thank you” with an apologetic tone and gently wiped the tip of his nose. Then he took another tissue and gave it to Jim who blew his nose and wiped his face.

“Are you going to leave again ?” he managed to say through his emotion which was rising within him again.

“What…What do you mean ?” asked Matt, confused.

“Away from me.”

Matt took some time to think. He knew Jim well enough to know that Jim wasn't just talking about going on a trip. It was deeper than that.

“I don’t want it. Traveling is not my thing, not without you.” he started.

Jim sighed.

“…And” continued Matt, “I don’t want to disappear. To be away from you even when I’m near you.”

Jim bit his lips a little, ashamed of having sighed, of not having heard Matt's entire response. But that relieved him. He hugged Matt a little tighter.

“Thank you”

“It’s what I want” honestly said Matt, speaking with his heart more than his mind for once.

"I know. I can hear it in your voice." softly said Jim, kissing Matt in his neck.

They hugged each other.

"Did you dream I broke the promise I made to you? " asked Matt, still concerned, but then realizing maybe Jim just didn't want to talk about it, he closed his eyes and added "Sorry to be that interrogative. I have no right asking you th-"

“I didn’t” cutted Jim, tightening his grip around Matt “I dream about my father so, you see, there’s nothing connected to you at all”

Matt felt his mouth becoming a bit drier. He had felt like such a jerk with Jim, and when Jim reproached him things, it was related to the abuse Jim always felt when he was with his father. So the words Jim just said had a particular ring to them.

“I’m sorry to have woken you up.”

"I'm sorry you had this bad dream." murmured Matt.

They left just a bit to look at each other. Jim smiled at Matt. This sweet little smile he reserved for the people he cares about and love.

"I'm ok now. You're here."

Matt wanted to answer but again, a tickle took him and he had just time to nod, put his hand to his mouth and then a quick high pitched breath he sneezed.

“Eeee-ESHUH !”

He shook his head.

"Bless you" Jim said with a cute smile, gently rubbing Matt's arms "You're getting cold. Sorry love" and he went back under the duvet and covered Matt.

Matt shivered.

“I’m ok” but a yawn cut him, that he covered in his fist.

Jim had a teasing smile. Matt gently rubbed his eyes. Jim realized Matt was tired and the two lay down again.

“Ok, I’m a bit cold, but just a little” admitted Matt.

Jim kissed him on the forehead and took him in his arms.

“Come here.”

Matt happily snuggled into Jim's arms. He felt so good in his arms. Jim kissed hiù gently on the temple.

“Warmer ?”

“Yep” whispered Matt.

“Need anything ?”

“No, thank you”

"Sure ? "

“Yes dear” smiled Matt, amused by how quick Jim talked, just the way he could do it sometimes, and that made him respond right away.

“Are you tired?”

“A bit”

“Do you want to sleep?”

“Yeah, kind of”

“Did you rescue Billy?”

“Yep”

And Matt opened his eyes realizing he had just admitted that. Jim was smiling, a little smile of victory, and his eyes were shining.

“I will never understand why you always manage to hide the best of yourself.”

Matt fidgeted a little, blushing slightly.

“I don’t do-uh-Uhhhgni’ssshmm !” he had to sneeze but was standing close to Jim so he stifle it.

“Bless you, idiot” mumbled Jim, kissing him on the temple again.

“UUUHKSHUH !” Matt sneezed against his palm, as he really needed to relieve the tickle inside his nose, and he moved slightly away from Jim as he did so.

“Okay, okay, come here, I’ll stop bothering you…” Jim muttered in a teasing tone, taking Matt back in his arms.

Matt smiled on the side and found Jim's arms again.

“Bless you.”

"Thank you." said Matt, kissing Jim's cheek in a cute way.

“Good night Matt.” smiled Jim.

"Good night J-J-JIIIISHIIIEW ! Ugh sorry, did I spray you ?"

Jim had a little laugh and kissed Matt on his beautiful curls.

“Bless you love.”

Jim woke up in an empty bed, which was quite an unpleasant feeling after spending such a wonderful day and night with his newfound husband. He shivered. He passed his hand along the mattress, his eyes half-closed but there was nothing to do; he had felt it before he even opened his eyes; Matt wasn't here. He grunted lightly and turned his face. A pale sun was showing slowly into a very clear sky. Jim felt his nose twitch as always when he looked directly in the sun and he sneezed a quick loud triple which finally woke him up.

"Huh-SIUH ! Hiii-TSHIEW ! TSssUUmmm ! Fuck..."

Frustrated he hides his face into the pillow. Then he grunted again. Where the hell was Matt?

“Nice to see you too” said Matt in a light tone.

Jim lifted his head from the pillow and saw Matt come into the room with a tray with two cups of coffee and something to eat. Jim crossed his arms.

“Hey.”

“Are you ok ?” asked Matt by putting the tray on the table and kissing him on the forehead "Bless you by the way"

Jim smiled lightly and gently grabbed Matt's face in his hands to kiss him tenderly. Matt felt himself melting and slowly sat back down on the bed. They kissed and kissed again then they left gently.

“Coffee ?” mumbled Matt.

“Gladly.”

They both started to drink and eat a bit and we heard the key turn in the lock. Matt frowned lightly.

“Who’s that?” he asked a bit curious because it was quite early in the morning.

“Ehm…”

“Uncle Jim !” said a light voice from the living room.

Matt's eyes widened when he heard his niece. Jim looked a bit sorry and a bit amused.

“Here Tilda !” he said.

The little girl knocked a few light knocks on the bedroom door even though it was already open, picking up a tune of music that she liked but stopped short when she saw that her uncle Jim was not alone. There was Uncle Matt too. She let out a little cry of surprise.

"Uncle Matt !"

Matt smiled and opened his arms.

"Hey !"

Matilda rushed to the bed, jumped into it and spread her arms as wide as possible so she could hug Jim and Matt at the same time. They smiled over the little girl.

"Hey Matilda I told your moms that I will accompany you to school and not that we will play hooky at J-Jim's..." Luke cut himself as he saw Jim but also Matt into the bed.

Matilda rolled her eyes.

“I know doc !”

Jim had a little laugh cause everything in Matilda, from the attitude to the way of speaking, reminding him of Matt. Matt looked at Luke who was trying in vain to hide his surprise on his face and gave him a little wink.

“Hey Doc.”

“Hello Matt” finally said Luke.

Then he snapped his fingers in a rapid rhythm.

“C’mon miss Matilda I don’t want you to be late so…”

Matilda whispered to Jim's ear.

“Can I use your toilet?”

"Of course honey"

“Thanks !”

And Matilda rushed to go to the toilet. Matt took another sip of coffee. Luke approached the bed.

“So what’s the status ?”

"Gosh Luke did you...Uh...Rolled yourself in po-uh-uh-polleh-EhsHUH ! Pollen before coming in?" Matt said, sneezing in his t-shirt, feeling a familiar tickle in his nose.

“Bless you,” Jim said, gently squeezing Matt’s shoulder, concerned.

“Hey don’t change the subject you !” cutted Luke, “Are you back together?”

He looked so intense and serious Matt almost wanted to laugh. But he was busy to just not transforming himself into a sneezing machine as something, probably pollen considering the hitching, was triggering him so much.

“Shit I have no other tissues” Jim realized.

"Uh...Uh...Don't worry love I'll manage..." said Matt, wasting more and more, then hiding his nose and mouth into his collar again as he knew the sneezes were arriving big time.

Jim reached into his nightstand drawer and pulled out a small box.

"Here take one. It's for your allergies."

"Oh you...Uh...Still...Have these..." realized Matt, melting internally.

"Of course."

“Th-th-AAAKshUuuUh !” sneezed loudly Matt.

"Hello ? Am I invisible ?" Luke said.

“Bless you.” said gently Jim, giving Matt a glass of water so Matt could swallow his medicine. And Jim turned to Luke “Do you have tissues?”

Luke rolled his eyes and took out a pack of tissues which he threw in their direction.

"Uhh-KsHIEw ! UpshUUh ! UhsssshhOO ! Oh jee-eeEEShIIUH ! EhshuUUH ! Ah...Ah...ArrrSHUUH ! AtiiiShEEW ! TsHuuuuUuuh !...Uh...Excuse me." breathed Matt, out of breath from his attack.

Jim had grabbed the pack of tissues and handed one to Matt.

"Thank you."

He blew his nose. Jim ran a gentle hand through his hair.

“Bless you.”

“Th-t’SssHUh!” sneezed Matt into the tissue, "Sorry thank you."

And then they looked at each other with a bright, knowing look, and they kissed each other gently.

“Okay you guys are insufferable but you almost make sneezing sexy” Luke grimaced, crossing his arms.

Matt blushed real hard and Jim felt his own cheeks warm up. Fortunately Matilda came back at that time. Matt, who thought the sneezing was going to end, felt the tickle start again as Matilda entered the room.

"Uh...UH-IiiiiShUuuh!" he sneezed into his hands.

"Oh ! Bless you !" said Matilda.

"APSHIEW ! ARSHUH ! AH...Atiiishuuuh !" sneezed very quickly Matt in the tissue Jim handed him.

Jim who had put his hand on her back and rubbed gently. Matilda looked at Matt with a bit of concern.

“Bless you. Are you sick ?”

“No-uh-UKsHuUu-Uh !” said Matt, his voice being distorted by his sneeze.

“Bless you love” said Jim.

“I’m ok honey” said Matt to Matilda, smiling at her in a reassuring way.

“Come on missy take your schoolbag were living the lovebirds together” Luke muttered.

“You mean the lobsters !” said Matilda with a cute smile directed towards her uncles.

They both smiled at the girl. Luke was so confused he grimaced.

"Uh-kshuUUh ! Upssshiiiew !" and Matt blew his nose again.

“Bless you” said Luke, Matilda and Jim.

Matt smiled. His family looked a bit concerned but all he could see was the fact that they were here. And that they cared for him. That was everything to him right now.

"Thank you all. Now Matilda listen to the doc otherwise he is the one who's going to have a crisis" he said in his usual teasing way.

Matilda laughed and Luke rolled his eyes.

"Okay but just one thing; do you know the name of the cat with the fur just like uncle Matt's hair ?"

It looked like the single idea of Billy's fur triggered again Matt's poor nose.

“Hhhhh-huhsssshhhhuh!” he sneezed into his tissue.

"Bless you. That's Billy" Jim said as he gently rubbed Matt's back.

"You should adopt him! Is way too cute and even Luke loved him!"

Luke mouthed "sorry" towards Matt as he understood now the reason of Matt's sneezing. Jim was about to say something about Matt's allergy but Matt took Jim's hand in his.

"You know what? Considering how much this cat means for me, for us, we actually might."

Jim squeezes Matt's hand in his and they kissed tenderly. Luke rolled his eyes but was so happy for them even if he wanted to know everything at this point. Matilda was almost giggling following them looking so happy.

Edited by Lily

OH MY GOSH!!! I think this last two chapters might be my favorites so far. I love how you used Jim's sneezing as a way for him to communicate how much he desires, wants, and love Matt. Given how Matt can be sometimes, I'm not sure he would have been convinced with just words. I loved all the tenderness and softness and am so glad these two finally seem to be back on even footing! Also all the sneezing was 😘 The whole build up to and the shower scene in the last chapter Holy Flames of Hell that was HOT!! 🔥

On 8/30/2023 at 4:15 PM, Lily said:

"We could invest, test it to find out" suggested Matt, then adding "But I don't want to torture your beautiful nose..."

“Stop it” chuckled Jim, hiding his face into Matt’s curls.

"What ? You have a beautiful nose" protested Matt.

Matt's curls were tickling a bit Jim's beautiful nose in fact.

"Your hair are...Ti-tickling me..." mumbled Jim

"Sorry. Want me to move?"

"Huh...No...Hhhh...Wanna snee-ee-eeeze so bad..." said Jim, his beautiful deep's voice a bit distorted.

Matt turned his head slightly and gently rubbed his hair against Jim's face. That did the job perfectly.

"UPSHUH ! hHHUH-SSSHUH ! HhHH-HUH-hutshuh !" Jim sneezed freely on Matt.

Matt smiled.

"I'm so good at this" he said, raising his face to see Jim's.

^This was also adorable! Oh my gosh I think my cheeks are still burning. The intimacy but also Matt's self satisfaction, just soo sooo cute! 

I also love that by extension/association Matt has kind of developed a bit of a thing for Jim's sneezes. It's come up a few times but it was always somewhat outside of the sneezing itself. Like it was almost more of a Pavlov's dog kind of response where Matt was associating sneezing with sex and intimacy because of Jim's fetish but not necessarily because of the sneezing itself, but in this chapter you really leaned into Matt actually being turned on by sneezing.

I rather like the idea that an intimate partner would develop the fetish after being with someone and indulging someone with the fetish. It's an interesting psychological topic, the whole nature vs nurture.  My perception based on what I've read from other people on the forum is that this has been something on some level we've carried since childhood so it's more "nature" related but could it be "nurtured" into existence as well? Would exposure and considering it the way that a partner does make you start to see sneezing in a similar way- as something that turns you on? And not just because you associate sneezing with sex but that you genuinely start to get turned on by just sneezing itself. It's especially interesting to contemplate as a possibility with sneezing since there are so many facets and components or aspects to the fetish. In my mind if it were to happen that way it would be indicative of high levels of empathy.  As that relates to Matt, I really like that. Jim is the character we know with copious amounts of compassion and empathy. Matt can be a little more gruff, a little more hard edged, and a little more closed off so I just love seeing his moments of vulnerability and empathy. And what better way to have it displayed on a story on a SFF than through his reaction to sneezing. Absolutely precious!

I also appreciate that Billy keeps returning. ;)

This was just stunning and wonderful all the way around.  ❤️ 

These 2 are my absolute favourites! Every time you update I'm so excited and this was no exception, the caretaking from both of them and the sweetness and closeness when either of them sneezes kills me! The small touches from Jim whenever he's concerned for Matt are everything I could wish for and Matt's comforting skills are so sweet. I can't wait to read more! Thank you for always giving us such incredible chapters ❤️

Wonderful end to this story but I certainly hope to see the boys again .  I love that is is clear they will be addressing their past together and mindfully building a stronger future rather than just immediately falling back into their comfortable previous routines. And it was sweet to bring the family in to see how close they are and can just enter each others homes to use the bathroom the exact way you would with family….

On 9/12/2023 at 3:37 AM, Lily said:

“Are you tired?”

“A bit”

“Do you want to sleep?”

“Yeah, kind of”

“Did you rescue Billy?”

“Yep”

And Matt opened his eyes realizing he had just admitted that. Jim was smiling, a little smile of victory, and his eyes were shining.

“I will never understand why you always manage to hide the best of yourself.”

Matt fidgeted a little, blushing slightly.

“I don’t do-uh-Uhhhgni’ssshmm !” he had to sneeze but was standing close to Jim so he stifle it.

“Bless you, idiot” mumbled Jim, kissing him on the temple again.

This was an incredibly adorable way to get Matt to confess. Also I agree they should adopt Billy. This was incredible. I can't wait to see more stories and adventures with these two. They're my favorite couple 💙💚

salut salut

so soory for the wait, hope it will be worth it I missed you guys 😪

@dwaekki thank you very much that's so sweet ! It's hard to stop with theses guys actually haha 😂

@solitaire-au thank you for this adjusment ! While I research in french the two things are like connected to each other, but yeah, Jim is definetely experimenting sxually induced sneezing 🤭

@Privatedancer yaaaay I love for this cuteness of Jim, and how Matt is realizing, not believing it at first. I could see them doing that 🥰

@Not Telling I'm blushing, as always when I read your comments :blushing: I thought of this "giving you the fetish" thing a long time ago, I think when I first thought of Matt discovering Jim's fetish. Because it was such a wonderful discovery for him and it increased their intimacy so much, I think of Matt as a very empathetic person, he just have troubles to show it. But being confident with Jim, he let himself exploring this field with Jim and...Yeah, is becoming kinda creative about it in a way ? I have to admit writing the shower scene was amazing, I was blushing when I wrote it, wanted it being cute and sexy. Hope I did 💜 and glad you enjoyed it anyways !! thank you so much 🥰

@2SHY222  I know I almost melt writing this 😭

thank you for you sweet comments, with all the things I wrote about this couple I guess we could made a novel out of them ??😅

take care 💜

Epilogue

Jim was nervous. This happened to him sometimes but it was almost ridiculous at this point. He was nervous as he was just waiting for Lizzie outside her office. The thing was, Lizzie had been his boss for years now. She had also become a very dear friend. But right now, Jim had this instinct that something was going to happen. Lizzie never asked him to come into her office the way she did this morning. A professional but also cold manner, which was unlike her. And then when Lizzie asked Jim to come into her office she always specified, even in just a few words, the subject of their upcoming interview.

This time nothing. Just this cold notice that she wanted to see him. It was important too. At least that what she said. Jim waited. She was a bit late. And then he saw everyone leaving the office. Jim couldn't wait to get this over with. Under other circumstances, he might have invited Lizzie out for a drink with him and Matt. But Jim just wanted to get it over with. To find Matt with whom he had just moved back in. It's been a little month now, and even though there were sometimes little moments of tension, most of it was just wonderful. Matt was himself again and he dared to confide so easily that Jim couldn't believe it. They talked easily now. Just like before. No, even better.

Matt continued to work in an association, but had returned to painting. It seemed like finding Jim had calmed his mind and even if he no longer wanted to go back to the same pace as before, the passion for painting had returned to him. Now he was considering journalism for the long run, but he didn't put too much pressure on himself. For once, he was accepting that things take their time. He discussed it with Jim, who encouraged him to wait until he felt good and wanted to invest in whatever he wanted before launching, to avoid burning his wings in the process.

Lizzie opening her door. Jim smiled at her but what gave him the most confidence was not so much Lizzie's gentle expression, it was the large painting of Matt on one of the walls. This painting he had seen the very first day he arrived at the newspaper. This painting which he had completely fallen under the spell of, being far from suspecting that he would marry the person who had created it.

After a little talk which finally calmed Jim's strange worry, Lizzie dropped the bomb.

“For very selfish reasons, I wanted you to be the first to know.”

"Know what ? "

"I'm leaving the Greenway Post."

Jim felt a heavy weight fall on his shoulders. Surprise and sadness passed over his handsome face, as well as a little worry.

“What ? But why ?”

“Oh don’t worry, nothing dramatic. I want to join another newspaper as an assistant manager.” explained Lizzy.

This wasn't the ambitious Lizzie he knew. And then this position, in a very selfish way, Jim imagined it to be completely worthless compared to the one that Lizzie occupied. But the respect and affection he had towards Lizzie prevented him from getting stuck in this initial emotion.

"Really. As a manager. Ok ehm…"

“It’s a small newspaper that needs to make a name for itself. A newspaper founded and addressed by and for people in the community, particularly lesbian women and non-binary and trans people. And people of color too.”

“Obviously” said Jim, proud of his friend.

“The idea is to create space for those who have the least. It’s an exciting prospect. I like it, Jim.” added Lizzie, in all her usual passion.

"I get that. But why just manager? I mean no offense to anyone, but you’re the kind of person who loves responsibilities and directing people and…And you are clearly meant to direct a journal. "

“I know,” Lizzie said simply.

Jim was puzzled.

"But my family is important to me too. And I'm starting to have trouble juggling the two. I don't want to miss the moment when Michael does his first dance show because I have to urgently complete a number Or not being able to answer Matilda's questions when she goes to junior high and mom is too busy managing her appointments. Of course, there is Carol, she's great with all that. But I don't want to split the roles. I want to have my part. To choose it also. And I don't see it as a sacrifice, it's a choice that I make. "

Jim was again, very proud of his friend right now. He smiled, touched by her words.

“Gosh, Lizzie that’s…That’s everything.”

“Oh well…” she waved her hand as if it was nothing, but she was visibly moved.

“I’m touched that you entrusted it to me.” confessed Jim.

“Carol knows, I mean, she guessed before I told her but…”

Jim frowned lightly.

“But what ?”

“Well when I said I was selfish by wanting you to be the first to know, I meant it.”

“I’m a bit confused” confessed Jim.

“Could you…Say it to Matt?”

And Jim saw a glimmer of hope in Lizzie's eyes that made him break down. He laughed lightly.

“Where you afraid to ask me that?”

She laughed a bit, nervously.

"Silly right? Matt is like my brother. It's just…I sometimes try to repeat things in my head before saying them to avoid hurting people, especially when we know that what we are going to say to them will not suit them please. But…And, again, I realize of how it's completely stupid, I can't figure out how to tell him."

“You don’t think he would be happy for you ?” asked Jim, a bit surprised.

“Yes, yeah of course but…”

She sighed. Jim gently took her in his arms, feeling her moved. She hugged him. She was small and in Jim's arms, she seemed ready to be swallowed up by his tall, reassuring figure.

“I know. It’s like the end of an era. It’s never easy.”

“Jeez you do understand everything it’s completely crazy” Lizzie said, her voice muffled against Jim’s chest.

“Who told you that?” asked Jim in a whisper.

“Who could tell me that?” Lizzie smiled.

Jim smiled. Matt, of course. He was very moved.

“So…Another thing.”

"Shoot." Jim said, breaking away from Lizzie and looking at her.

She twisted her hands slightly but got straight to the point.

“I would like to offer you my position, actually.”

Jim thought his jaw was going to drop. He was far from suspecting this.

“You have the makings of an editor-in-chief Jim. You are rigorous, fast, you have a sure eye and you know how to create a harmonious result with very different energies.”

"But Lizzie...You know very well that I make mistakes. Sometimes I'm insecure. Especially without you. And I..."

“The only mistake you make is doubting yourself,” Lizzie said firmly. And then she added "Everybody learn, every time. Even people working since a longer time than you are. People who don't make mistakes don't learn anything and are not good journalists. So that's not the point. No , really, the only question is would that interest you? Cause no pressure, but I guess the director would prefer to hire internally so if you're interested, you'll have to tell me first."

"I...I can't just answer like this." Jim whispered, looking a bit anxious.

"Oh. You mean you need time to think about it ?" gently asked Lizzie.

Jim felt that he wanted to scream the opposite. This job was the one of his dreams. But it was also so weird to know he wasn't going to be driven by Lizzie anymore. That he wasn't going to see her everyday. And Matt. Matt, he needed to talk about this with Jim and...

"James ? Don't worry, we have some time." Lizzie assured in a calm tone.

"OK." Said Jim, looking more collected now even if his gaze was a bit tense.

"Sure thing. So I have to run Carol is waiting for me. Could you close ? Thanks sweetheart. Bye !"

She kissed him on the cheek. And then Lizzie, with a few nervous movements, was gone. Jim walked for a moment alongside the large windows overlooking the city. The sun was hidden by a tall building. It was a great end to the day. In the reflection of the window Jim saw himself pale and serious, his cheekbones sticking out and his eyebrows furrowed and... And a male silhouette a few meters from him. He jumped slightly and turned towards the figure.

Matt.

"Sorry. Didn't plan on that. Make you jump I mean." said Matt with a teasing smile.

It was exactly the words Jim said to him a few years ago, on a completely different kind of evening. Matt approached Jim with a charming little smile. He had his hands behind his back.

"And then...Jeez what did you say ? “Am I frightening ?”” tried Matt with a cute grin.

"Am I that scary" corrected Jim, who had difficulty resisting Matt's smile.

Matt pulled out a bouquet of flowers from behind his back.

"And then I probably said something horrible so...Please forgive me for this."

Jim laughed nervously and took the flowers.

“Matt…”

Damn you you freaking romantic. Matt rubbed his nose gently with his index finger.

"Even if I want to play with them with you-uh...Oh no...You shouuUuuld-s-sorry should put them a-a-aAAARSHUH ! Hhhh-PuuuUUUSHIEW !"

Jim went to put the flowers aside. He returned to Matt who was lightly pinching his nose but eventually let out another sneeze after a big inhale.

“Hhhhhhuuuuuuuhhhhhh-ESSIUH !”

“Ooh that was a big one. Bless you” said Jim with a laugh.

And they kissed.

"Did you enjoyed it then? " asked sweetly Matt, kissing him slowly again.

"Oh yes." Jim smiled, wrapping his arms around his neck, his hands slipping into Matt's curls.

“But now I want to hear you too.” whispered Matt with another cute grin, making Jim shivered.

"I...Just...Just a minute love." Jim said, gently pulling away from Matt and taking his hands in his.

Matt frowned slightly.

“Sorry didn’t mean…I mean if you want to.”

Jim smiled. Cute, little discreet smile on the side.

“Matt, please. Of course I will.”

He caressed Matt’s hands with his thumbs gently. Matt relaxed his shoulders and sighed slowly.

“I  just wanted to tell you something first. About Lizzie.”

Matt couldn't help but lightly squeezed Jim's hands by reflex. His gaze looked concerned almost right away.

“Matt love ? Everything is fine. It’s good news.”

"Please Jim, tell me. You know that waiting is not my thing. I run my mind into impossible scenarios and then uh-uh-UPSHIEW !" Matt, after his quick pace of talking, sneezed freely but turning the head on the side.

His face had first contracted a little, his nostrils dilated and then this big sneeze, spraying but only a little. Jim leaned over and kissed Matt gently on the cheek.

“Sorry. Bless you.”

Snff, thanks.”

“Lizzie is going to have a new job. She’s going to leave Greenway Post.”

Matt looked a bit confused. He sniffed again. The pollen was still triggering him but the announcement effect distracted him. He listened to Jim talking animatedly about Lizzie's position. He furrowed his eyebrows as he heard and looked at Jim. But then he gently removed his hands from Jim's.

“Suh…Sorry…Hold…Hold…” his voice was distorted and he put his hands over his face while inhaling.

Jim reached into his pockets and found a tissue.

"HUH-KSSSHUH ! SSSShhh-PSSSHIEW !" he sneezed into his cupped hands with strengh.

“Bless you. Jeez, they’re strong.” escaped from Jim’s mouth.

Matt took the tissue that Jim handed him and blew his nose with relief.

“Thank you.”

He winked at Jim who looked at him with fondness.

“Hey, don’t change the subject, you tease. Was that all you wanted to tell me ? About Lizzie?”

He approached anyway, as he saw the light in Jim’s eyes when he sneezed, which was very attractive to him.

“Almost” whispered Jim.

“Shoot.”

“That’s exactly what I said to…Nevermind. I…Lizzie asked me if I wanted to take her place.”

Matt raised his eyebrows.

"You ? Directing Greenway ?"

Jim nodded.

“How do we feel about that ?” he asked Matt.

Matt had a very particular expression. Surprised, he looked bright, and a smile lit up his face. It wasn't a mocking smile, like he sometimes had. It was an emotional smile. And Jim saw the tears in his eyes.

“I don’t know how you feel, but I’m like…So proud of you right now, I didn’t think I could be that proud.” he confessed with emotion.

“B-but…Don’t you think it’s…Maybe it’s not for me…” Jim stammered, feeling unsure of himself, confused by this reaction from Matt’s.

“Hey-hey what are you even saying ?” frowned Matt.

Matt took Jim’s hands in his.

“Jim, look at me.” he asked gently.

Jim did. Blue-green eyes full of tears, serious, intense.

"You deserve this job. You are the most qualified person I know to replace Lizzie. Hell, it's not even a replacement that we're talking about. You're going to bring something new, something big, something beautiful. Because that's what you are doing everywhere you go.” he said spontanously, with his characteristic passion.

“But…I will be very busy you know.” mumbled Jim.

“Doing something you like ?”

“I…”

"Sorry, doing something you love and you're very good at ? Something that makes you smile and sing every morning, and I don't even care if you're waking me up every morning because I know you're so happy ? And you will be doing something even bigger than this ?"

Matt looked even more excited than Jim about this. Jim felt so grateful. But he was still a bit unsure.

“Aren’t you afraid for us ?”

Matt thought of it for a few seconds. He gently stroked Jim's hands.

“Well…No. Are you ?”

“I don’t think so.” realized suddenly Jim, reassured by everything he heared and felt right now.

“I’m so proud of you” whispered Matt again.

“Oh Matt…” melted Jim, and he kissed him again.

“Come on…Love this…Loving you…But like…We can’t…Do this…Here…”

“Especially since you’re going to be snfff the new director of the newspaper” laughed Matt.

“Well, come on…”

“Just turn your face close to the sun love.” begged Matt.

“Again ? Jeez you are endless.” almost laughed Jim.

“Hey, snfff you enjoyed mine, please let me enjoy yours.”

Jim took a flower from the bouquet.

"Together ? You are still sniffling. Is not good, you have to be relieved. "

“I recognize your big heart there” teased Matt, kissing Jim on the tip of his nose, and then he took the flower.

Jim looked at Matt caressing the tip of his pinky nose and then he leaned down slightly to flood his face with the sun that appeared behind the buildings. Matt was already panting slightly, but seeing Jim's beautiful face being carried away by his urge to sneeze was the most delicious thing right now. Jim turned his face towards Matt.

"SHHHhhhuh ! UH-SHUH! SHUH ! Huuh-ASHO ! UShhh-SHUH !" he sneezed like Matt loved, barely covering it with a hand which he placed in front of his face, spreading his fingers.

“B-brilliant” said Matt’s distorted voice which sneezed right into Jim’s face “HU-PSHIIIIEW ! EK-shuuuh ! Eh-EH-EH-EHSHUH ! ESHIEW ! ISSSHiIIIEW !” and Matt giggled after the sneezes.

Jim kissed him. Matt smiled against his mouth and dropped the flower, putting his arms around his neck.

“Sati-satiiiiIIISHUH !” he sneezed softly on Jim’s cheek, “Satisfied ?”

Jim blushed lightly.

“O-oh yes. Are you ?”

Matt kissed Jim on the tip of his nose, which triggered a cute despair and unexpected sneeze from him.

“Uuuuh-tisshhhuh !”

“Aw, bless you” said Matt in a tender tone.

"You triggered me on purpose you little monster" grunted Jim but having trouble to keep his serious.

“Told you some years ago that I was a dickhead.” teased Matt.

“Hey, I accepted the challenge.” recognized Jim with a smile.

“Huh-huh-hh…”

“Hold that thought, love.” and Jim leaned over to kiss him gently.

Matt kissed him back and melted into his arms. But then he really had to sneeze and turned away his face to sneeze.

“ASSSHIEEEW !”

He nearly lost his balance to that powerful sneeze and Jim laughed softly, hugging him so he could regain his balance.

“Hey, are you ok ?”

“Yes my dear husband, I’m perfectly fine.” giggled Matt, tightening his grip.

“Bless you.” said Jim in a voice that meant I love you.

“Oh, I am blessed, that’s for sure” whispered Matt, his loving gaze lost in Jim’s.

They held each other in each other's arms in the light of the sunset which ended its course on the horizon, in its eternal plunge into the Ocean.

THE END 😺

Matt : we both know it's never the end with us
Jim : preach
Billy : meow
Matt : AAAASHHHHHIIIIEW !!

Edited by Lily

NO PLEASE 😭😭 this can't end! These 2 have some of the best dynamics I've ever read on here, and I'm so proud of how their story turned out! I really hope you write more soon, whether it's with the same characters or different, I always miss your storytelling whenever I'm waiting for a new chapter so the anticipation is gonna be even worse waiting for a whole new book/ story!! Just know that no matter what you write, I will always read it. You always are so considerate of your readers and their comments and the sweetness and dynamics you demonstrate between your characters whenever the sneezing occurs is the best ever. I'm really hoping you have something new out soon, m/m stories are my FAVOURITES always, and yours are just elite. Thank you ❤️

Awwww!!!! 🥰☺️ All the swoon!! Is this really the end? I don't know if I could handle that, this story is supposed to be eternal. I mean, of course you do what is best, I just feel especially attached to this boys since their story came about around the time I joined the forum, so I feel like I've been with them from the start, and it's going to be difficult to let them go, but we have these 2 great masterpieces with them and I know I will return to them endlessly. It has been such a pleasure and a delight to read your stories. You are such a talent and I will hungrily eat up anything you write. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work and your lovely comments with all of us. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! ❤️ 

Lily, thank you so much for taking us on this wonderful journey with Jim and Matt over these two series of stories.

I’ve enjoyed it so much! 🥰❤️😍

I swear it's not the end of these two. I'm taking a little break to find inspiration towards them, don't worry, I will write about them, I love them too much to just let them here. ❤️

And I don't forget Luke too because this man have potential 🤭

On 9/16/2023 at 1:19 AM, dwaekki said:

yours are just elite.

*blushing*

On 9/16/2023 at 6:15 AM, Not Telling said:

You are such a talent and I will hungrily eat up anything you write.

*blushing harder*

On 9/17/2023 at 7:18 PM, solitaire-au said:

I’ve enjoyed it so much! 🥰❤️😍

aw thank you !!

Thank for all your lovely comments. So happy these boys made their way through your hearts. You are the sweetest :blushing:

Now if you need another m/m story to wait for Matt & Jim's stories to come back, I started a new romance m/m story (different characters but I promise it will be romantic and fluffy and all) you can found here.

• 1 month later...

Hey there. I'm really not into writing right now, as I'm really busy with my new work, life...Well, you know the drill. Anyways, this is a very short one-shot regarding Matt and Jim. It's Matt's sneezing (allergic reaction). Hope you will like it 💜

Matt had planned an important exhibition with the young people he accompanied in the home. There was only one painting left to finish, his own. For his painting, he undertook to do work in the room which served as his workshop and occasionally as Jim's office. With the help of his dear husband he had removed all the furniture. Tarps covered the floor and walls as Matt could be so messy when he was involved into a creative process. The windows were open as Matt was doing graffiti and the fumes had to be dispersed to avoid breathing them. In addition Matt wore a mask to protect himself. His work consisted of a huge painting on which he graffitied the faces of young people using stencils. He took great pleasure in doing it and his gloves were more and more covered with fresh paint. His clothes too but he didn't care.

He had just finished and rubbed his hand lightly over his mask, out of habit. But it was a big mistake. At first the mask slipped slightly but Matt didn't dare readjust it because of all the paint on his gloves which risked burning his face. The damage was done. The poorly fitted mask allowed paint fumes to pass through and the mask fabric scratched it. He wrinkled his nose but knew he had to sneeze. He inhaled slightly and then...

"Hhhh-shhhgn' ! Gnnnushhh' !"

He had tried to stifle them. Again, serious mistake. This caused the mask to slip further and further irritate the inside of his nose as well as the outside.

"Hiiii-hiiiisSSHIEW ! Shit !"

Matt felt trapped in his mask. He absolutely had to wait for the paint to dry before removing it. Breathing loudly, sniffling, the struggle was in vain and he nearly fell as he was sneezing his head off.

"Hhhh-KKKKkshiiiiuh ! Kssshiiiiah ! Shit...No...No...Nuh-UUuuuuUpSHOO ! K'shUUH ! Shh...ShuiiSHIUh ! PssshUuuh ! Huh...Huh...HukSHIEEW !"

He breathed with difficulty now and was a bit dizzy. But with relief he heard the front door.

"J-Jim..." he called in a weak voice distorted by the urge to sneeze again.

"HuppPISHEw ! Eeeh-EkShUh ! Shuh-SHUHTISSSSHUH ! AAAAHPSSSIEW ! AKSHIEW-KSHIEW !"

“Well well well what do we have here” said the deep soothing voice of Jim, smiling Jim who entered the room.

Matt turned towards Jim.

"Huh...help...Huhhh-KSHUuuh !"

Now it was tearful because of the hitch and the pressure of the mask. He felt so messy because he had sneezed on the mask helplessly. Jim lost his smile and approached Matt.

“Love ?” he asked, concerned.

"P-p-pleeeashhhhgnnnishuh ! Kkk'shuh ! Please..." begged Matt, inhaling again.

Jim gently removed Matt's mask as he sneezed loudly, his face against his arm.

“HuuuuAaaAaaASHUH !”

“J-jeez dearest, wait, come here…” said Jim, taking him in his arms “Let it go love.”

Matt took a sharp inhale before letting all go.

"TSHUH! Hhhh-Tshhhiuh! EssshieEW ! Mmm-Mpssshuh ! Ji-Jiiishiew ! Ugh, Jim I’m putting mess all around…All around…Ah…Ah…AHSSSSHIEW  ! ATSSHUH!"

Jim chuckled gently and kissed Matt on the forehead.

"Poor darling. Triggering by your own art."

“Don’t mock me !” protested Matt, sniffing wetly, panting "ASSSHIEW !" he sneezed wetly on Jim’s face, who closed his eyes by reflex, but with a smile, blushing slightly, he wiped it off with the back of his hand.

“Ok, I’m sorry for that one” mumbled a blushing Matt.

“Bless you my dearest. Now come here…” Jim said, taking Matt’s hand and taking him to the bedroom.

Matt giggled, leaned forward and sneezed into Jim’s neck “HiiiSHIEW!” which made Jim jumped a little, then turned and kissed Matt passionately, still bringing him to the bedroom, definitely getting aroused by all that sneezing.

Awww what a surprise!! I just love when you resurrect Matt and Jim!! I will read anything and everything you create of them. ❤️ This was just lovely!!

On 11/19/2023 at 3:39 AM, Lily said:

“J-jeez dearest, wait, come here…” said Jim, taking him in his arms “Let it go love.”

"TSHUH! Hhhh-Tshhhiuh! EssshieEW ! Mmm-Mpssshuh ! Ji-Jiiishiew ! Ugh, Jim I’m putting mess all around…All around…Ah…Ah…AHSSSSHIEW  ! ATSSHUH!"

“Don’t mock me !” protested Matt, sniffing wetly, panting "ASSSHIEW !" he sneezed wetly on Jim’s face, who closed his eyes by reflex, but with a smile, blushing slightly, he wiped it off with the back of his hand.

“Bless you my dearest. Now come here…” Jim said, taking Matt’s hand and taking him to the bedroom.

Matt giggled, leaned forward and sneezed into Jim’s neck “HiiiSHIEW!” which made Jim jumped a little, then turned and kissed Matt passionately, still bringing him to the bedroom, definitely getting aroused by all that sneezing.

Gah!!!! This entire interaction, I am a blushing puddle of goo!

Thank you for this wonderful gift.  

On 11/19/2023 at 11:39 AM, Lily said:

Hey there. I'm really not into writing right now, as I'm really busy with my new work, life...Well, you know the drill. Anyways, this is a very short one-shot regarding Matt and Jim. It's Matt's sneezing (allergic reaction). Hope you will like it 💜

Matt had planned an important exhibition with the young people he accompanied in the home. There was only one painting left to finish, his own. For his painting, he undertook to do work in the room which served as his workshop and occasionally as Jim's office. With the help of his dear husband he had removed all the furniture. Tarps covered the floor and walls as Matt could be so messy when he was involved into a creative process. The windows were open as Matt was doing graffiti and the fumes had to be dispersed to avoid breathing them. In addition Matt wore a mask to protect himself. His work consisted of a huge painting on which he graffitied the faces of young people using stencils. He took great pleasure in doing it and his gloves were more and more covered with fresh paint. His clothes too but he didn't care.

He had just finished and rubbed his hand lightly over his mask, out of habit. But it was a big mistake. At first the mask slipped slightly but Matt didn't dare readjust it because of all the paint on his gloves which risked burning his face. The damage was done. The poorly fitted mask allowed paint fumes to pass through and the mask fabric scratched it. He wrinkled his nose but knew he had to sneeze. He inhaled slightly and then...

"Hhhh-shhhgn' ! Gnnnushhh' !"

He had tried to stifle them. Again, serious mistake. This caused the mask to slip further and further irritate the inside of his nose as well as the outside.

"Hiiii-hiiiisSSHIEW ! Shit !"

Matt felt trapped in his mask. He absolutely had to wait for the paint to dry before removing it. Breathing loudly, sniffling, the struggle was in vain and he nearly fell as he was sneezing his head off.

"Hhhh-KKKKkshiiiiuh ! Kssshiiiiah ! Shit...No...No...Nuh-UUuuuuUpSHOO ! K'shUUH ! Shh...ShuiiSHIUh ! PssshUuuh ! Huh...Huh...HukSHIEEW !"

He breathed with difficulty now and was a bit dizzy. But with relief he heard the front door.

"J-Jim..." he called in a weak voice distorted by the urge to sneeze again.

"HuppPISHEw ! Eeeh-EkShUh ! Shuh-SHUHTISSSSHUH ! AAAAHPSSSIEW ! AKSHIEW-KSHIEW !"

“Well well well what do we have here” said the deep soothing voice of Jim, smiling Jim who entered the room.

Matt turned towards Jim.

"Huh...help...Huhhh-KSHUuuh !"

Now it was tearful because of the hitch and the pressure of the mask. He felt so messy because he had sneezed on the mask helplessly. Jim lost his smile and approached Matt.

“Love ?” he asked, concerned.

"P-p-pleeeashhhhgnnnishuh ! Kkk'shuh ! Please..." begged Matt, inhaling again.

Jim gently removed Matt's mask as he sneezed loudly, his face against his arm.

“HuuuuAaaAaaASHUH !”

Oh how lovely. Another little chapter. Loved the sneezes. Amazing story and adorable characters! 

• 3 months later...

How had I missed this bonus Matt and Jim one shot?  So glad to have found it now.  I revisit these favorites often! I love their depth of character and who they are are as individuals and as a couple!