• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skylacticon

• thesneezyowl

• dwaekki

• Catsgotyourtounge

OH MY GODDDDDNNESSSSS!!  I don't visit the site for a few days, and when I return, there are wonderful GIFTS!!!  Just for me!  Or at least that's what it seems like...ahhh, masterful, masterpieces as always!  

Thank you all so much for the sweet comments. Ahh. 🙃❤️ Details are my favourite. I'll probably keep adding to this series, as long as I feel inspired. Also open to any suggestions if you might have any~

Speaking of detail, I'm curious as to how you imagine these two - physically and whatnot. I have my own idea, but I'm interested in  what you might see.

I'm ridiculously early to reply but I just happened to be here so why not 😶‍🌫️

I'd love to see soem stifles either assisted or against the S/O because stifles are my favourite and I've always loved those kinds of scenarios 🥲. Also, maybe instead (I've just thought of this whilst writing haha), I'd love to maybe see a reaction when one hears the other stifle for the first time or be forced to stifle because of a situation? 

As for how I imagine these 2, I picture some really soft, sweet dynamics. For visuals, I don't know if it's just me who imagines whoever I'm obsessed with/ crushing over (celebrities mostly lmao) as the characters? Or just some anonymous people that don't really have a face because I'm focused on the plot haha, as long as the dialogue and situation is good (yours are always amazing) I don't necessarily imagine anyone particular at all. 

I probably wrote too much now but your writing is so amazing I can't wait to read more 😊

I love what’s coming out of your brain so I don’t want to make suggestions! I love that every sneeze is in some way taken care of by her. In the first chapter when he walked back when he was about to sneeze I turned into a literal puddle. These 2 on the adult board would be perfection. I just know it!!!

I see them with a crazy height /overall size difference. His shoulders basically consume her as he sneezes. She’s very petite, long brown hair, soft eyes. 

I can’t waaaait for more of these two!!!

On 8/21/2023 at 3:48 PM, dwaekki said:

I'm ridiculously early to reply but I just happened to be here so why not 😶‍🌫️

I'd love to see soem stifles either assisted or against the S/O because stifles are my favourite and I've always loved those kinds of scenarios 🥲. Also, maybe instead (I've just thought of this whilst writing haha), I'd love to maybe see a reaction when one hears the other stifle for the first time or be forced to stifle because of a situation? 

As for how I imagine these 2, I picture some really soft, sweet dynamics. For visuals, I don't know if it's just me who imagines whoever I'm obsessed with/ crushing over (celebrities mostly lmao) as the characters? Or just some anonymous people that don't really have a face because I'm focused on the plot haha, as long as the dialogue and situation is good (yours are always amazing) I don't necessarily imagine anyone particular at all. 

I probably wrote too much now but your writing is so amazing I can't wait to read more 😊

Oooh, spicy. :D I happen to like writing those - and yeah, I totally get the crush thing. Thank youu~

On 8/21/2023 at 4:41 PM, thesneezyowl said:

I love what’s coming out of your brain so I don’t want to make suggestions! I love that every sneeze is in some way taken care of by her. In the first chapter when he walked back when he was about to sneeze I turned into a literal puddle. These 2 on the adult board would be perfection. I just know it!!!

I see them with a crazy height /overall size difference. His shoulders basically consume her as he sneezes. She’s very petite, long brown hair, soft eyes. 

I can’t waaaait for more of these two!!!

Ahh thank you! Your vision of them sounds so cute. I can totally also see that hehe 😉 

On 8/22/2023 at 2:40 AM, BCCLX said:

Love this!!! 💗💗

Thanks!! ❤️

Hi folks! Thank so much for reading, and the kind words. :wub:  I hope you've all been well. Sorry that it's taken me a while to update.

Here's one with a rose.

Part 4:

-

The soft, delicate petals brushed gently against his nose. Up close, the slow intake of breath through his nose was clearly audible. The long breath reached its end, and he turned his chin, bringing his large nostrils away from the fresh, delicate spiral of rose petals. He coughed gently, and sniffed. He let out a soft breath and let his chin turn back, resting his widening nostrils just atop the lush, red rose. His eyelids fluttered shut, and his frame rose with a sharp gasp.

“hihh-? huHpt’TDSCHHhiuu!! *snrff!*” He sneezed freely, a cloud of fine mist twinkling in the sunlight shining in from the window. He sucked in a few damp sniffles, raising a curled knuckle to rub his sensitive nose.

“Bless you, babe.” I reached over to gently brush his hair out of his face, a soft grin playing on my lips.

He dropped his hand and sniffled, hard. “*sndrff!* Thank you.” Then, he gasped again, his brow furrowing and his nostrils flaring. The tickle seemed to intensify, a strong, delayed reaction. “huh-! hUH’AASSCHHIEWW!!! *sddrff* g’hhh…” The spray was visible in the sunlight again, and he sniffled drippily several times, blinking dazedly.

“Bless you, sweetie.”

He turned his head away and raised his fist to his face. “HEEISSCHHhhh!!!” A very wet-sounding, itchy sneeze. There was a short, dazed silence following the sneeze, which was soon filled with soaked, marshy sniffles, and gentle sighs. “H’uhh… Hodey, I deed- *sddrff!* hahh I deeh- uhT’JDz’SSCHHIEWW!!! *snnnrff* d-deed- aH’TCHHIUHHhh!!!”

His wet, itchy, allergic sneezes sent burst after burst of spray, illuminated under the sunlight. For a moment, as he doubled forward with another desperately allergic sneeze, his face was lit up as it moved into the rectangle of sunlight. His nostrils seemed to glow crimson, glistening and trembling as the deep itch took hold.

“Here, babe,” I breathed. Tiny particles floated about under the rays of sunlight as I pulled a tissue from the box on the coffee table.

His nose was really dripping, clear fluid oozing through the shaky fingers that hovered over the lower half of his face. Some had dripped onto the rose, which he still held in his other hand. Gently, I wiped his nose first, then pulled another tissue, which I pressed to his fingers. He took the tissue and wiped his hands. Meanwhile, I tried to be gentle, wiping a nose that seemed so itchy and sensitive that it flinched at the soft material in my hand. When I finished wiping up the drippy fluid, I watched his blinking, irritated eyes.

“Do you have to sneeze again?” I asked softly. “Or do you want to blow?”

He seemed to ponder it for a second, then gave a small sigh. “hhsdeeze… *snrff!*”

He clutched the rose in his finger tips, the beautiful red petals still inches from his very agitated nostrils. His mouth hung open, and his chin tilted back slightly, as his breath began to hitch.

“ah’hehhh…. *snndrff* hahh…”

I gently pressed the tissue to his nose, cupping my hand over his face. “Just let it out.”

“HH’RRASSCHHhioo!! -unhh…” a soft moan escaped his lips, his brow furrowing. “haAH’-! huh’AASSCHHIU!! -AASSCHHIU!!” He sneezed rapidly, the pollen fully attacking his sinuses. Another one came, more forceful and harsh than the others. “HEEAASSCHHhhiuu!!! …unhh….”

I rubbed and wiped his itchy nostrils, feeling them flex and flare frantically. I did so more gently, as they still twinged at my careful touch.

“Bless you, dear,” I grinned calmly and wiped his sneezy nose in a pinch, then gently dabbed at the tender nostrils.

“Thagk- hehh, *gsnf! snrk!* ugh, *gsnrff!* Thagk you, oh by gosh…” he exhaled breathily, his eyelashes fluttering again. “I’b godda sdeeze agaid…” he muttered shakily. “Ohh, I-! Hahh, it tickles so muhh- so mbuch, *sdrff!*”

I yanked two more tissues and quickly held them over his flaring nostrils.

“HAHt’USSCHHIOO!!” He sneezed explosively into my palm, and emerged groaning. “g’nhh… Ohh… I deed to blow by dose,” he whispered, rather miserably.

“Go for it, baby.”

I gently pressed the tissues against his large, dripping nose. He blew hard, soaking the tissue. I pulled two more tissues and folded them in my lap, then switched the soiled wad for the fresher material. He kept blowing. When he was done, I gently pinch-rubbed his nose.

“There. How’s it feel?” I asked softly.

“Better, thagks,” he breathed, his voice thicker now. He snuffled quietly.

I put my hand on his arm, grinning at him with deep fondness. Our gazes connected - his eyes glassy and full of wonder. All other thoughts falling away, I leaned in and kissed him. Once, with giddy excitement, then I paused. I watched his eyes, which were directed downward, feeling his warm breath on my face. There was a soft, shy exhale, then he closed his eyes and kissed me, hungrily. I could feel the warmth emanating from his inflamed nose. I knew he still had to sneeze somewhat, but I couldn’t help myself. His hand came up to hold the side of my face, his fingers just behind my ear.

Then, the pauses became longer, his breaths beginning to snag. His lips finally froze, and I stopped kissing him, taking a breath for myself.

After a beat, I planted a kiss on his neck, gently. And again. And again.

“Hodey…” He purred softly, tilting his head back.

“Yes?” I breathed, beneath his jawline.

“Oh, I’b godda…” He panted through a humoured grin, as if he’d realized that I knew he was going to sneeze, he didn’t have to warn me. This touch of gentle exasperation made me soften slightly, and I moved back to grab him more tissues.

“I've got you,” I said gently, holding up the folded tissues to his allergic nose.

“Aht’TDSCHHIOO!! haaAAH’SSCHHIOOoo!!! …ooh. Wow,” he muttered breathlessly, blinking through the haze.

“Bless you.”

“Thagk you, *snrf!*” he raised the back of his hand to rub hard at his red nose. “Oh. I’b sorry, they’re just so… ahh, *snnff!* they’re so wet, I… huhh…” he mumbled, his soft voice wavering.

Then, he let out a big, messy sneeze, one that actually sounded like it might have scratched at the itch-

“HaAAH'ESSSCHHIUHh!!!”

-freely, into the open air, the fine mist and splatter visible in the sunlight. “*sddrff* ohh, *snnddrff* Excuse be… Jesus, *snrk!*” he huffed, pressing down hard with his fingers as he rubbed his itchy nose, making wet squelchy sounds.

“Bless ya,” I breathed, gently stroking his forearm with my thumb. As his hand descended from his face, I leaned closer, and pressed my lips to the tip of his red, damp, itchy nose.

His delicate nostrils twinged, and widened, as the itch seemed to spread. He sniffed softly and raised his hand to rub his nose again, hard.

I gave it another kiss - my lips gently touching his drippy, swollen nose, on the right nostril.

“h-hhih-?” his breath hitched gently.

I giggled to myself, and put my fingers over my smiling lips. He chuckled too, and sniffled thickly, momentarily keeping a fist over his nose and mouth. After a few seconds, he let it drop.

I leaned forward again and kissed the other side of his nose, on his left nostril.

As if on cue, his frame raised with a soft gasp, both nostrils flaring wide.

“hihh- ihh..?? Hieh! aAAHtT’SSCHHIEWW!!!" He let out a harsh sneeze in my direction, showering my face with a fine, cool spray. Then he lifted a curled knuckle to rub his nose, a subtle smirk twitching at the corners of his lips.

“Bless you!” I giggled. I kissed his damp lips and leaned away to get him more tissues.

“Ah,” he gave a rather conclusive sigh, and sniffed sharply. His eyes drifted down to the red rose, which rested in his lap. He sniffled again and set it down carefully on the coffee table. He then accepted the tissues I handed to him, folded them over his nose, and blew fiercely.

• Skylacticon changed the title to Hold me (M, 4/?)

This is my ghost commenting because I. AM. DEAD. The little smirks and soft chuckles. I just love how you’re writing these two! I would read a book of their little stories. From the grave, obviously. 

Wow, it was worth the wait! This was incredible, the speech in between sneezes and needing to blow his nose afterwards was the best thing ever 🫠

Hey all, thanks so much for the sweet comments. Hope y'all are doing well. ❤️ Here's part 5:

-

I found him in the kitchen by himself, looking through drawers. I felt a tiny stroke of affection - did he really come back inside just to grab something? The others still seemed to be outside playing Uno, and here he was, being the sole person in charge of preparing the barbecue.

“Hey,” I announced myself gently, coming up behind him and placing a hand around his waist. “Whatcha looking for?”

“Umm… I just need, um… *ahem* more skewers, do you know where they keep them?” His head lifted, eyes still wandering, and he leaned over to give me a kiss on top of my head.

“Uh…” I backed up a little to scan the area around the kitchen counter and cabinets. “You try this drawer?”

There was a pause, and I looked over at him. His nose was mid-wrinkle, a curled index finger descending as he turned in my direction.

“Um, *snf!* I think so, *snff!*”

I reached over to pull open the drawer, watching him raise his hand to rub hard at his nose in my peripheral vision. He sucked in another dry sniff, and cleared his throat, gentle but deep.

“Did they not bring any outside-?”

“*snrff!* There are some, but… don’t know if it’ll be… hih-! Huh’dYISSCHHiuhh!! *snnrff* Oh mby goodness, excuse- huh-!” I glanced over again, to see him fully turn his back and bring both arms up around himself to muffle another of his classic, itchy sneezes- “huhht’EISSCHHhhiuh!! *snrf* Oh, excuse me… *snrff!* Don’t know if it’ll be enough.”

He straightened and paused slightly, his hands on his hips. When he pivoted a little, I could see him blinking teary eyes. He gave another soft, sharp, clearing of his throat.

“Bless you,” I stepped nearer and put a gentle hand on his back, as he raised the back of his wrist to rub his nose.

“Thank you, oh-“ he paused again, his eyes going out of focus. “*snrf*…” He let out a sigh, and a soft chuckle. “Sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry,” I said gently, standing a bit on my tiptoes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“*snrf!* They have a cat, did you know?" He mentioned casually, his eyes still wandering around the kitchen. "*hsnrff!* I saw it around earlier, but I thigk it’s- *sdrf!* hiding…”

“Ooh,” I breathed, running my hand gently over his back as he snuffled subconsciously. “Well, then you go outside, I’ll see what they have.”

A particularly sharp, wet sniffle.

“No, it’s fine, I got it.”

I smirked to myself and shook my head. He knelt and looked in a lower cabinet.

Being macho, or maybe something else? Well, either way…

“*snrf!* Oh, Mags says to look in their storage,” he muttered, looking down at his phone. The fact that Maggie texted him rather than come inside made my smirk drop a little.

“Storage?”

“The basement downstairs,” he clarified, and slipped his phone into his pocket. “She also said to look for more condiments…” His eyes narrowed again, and his shoulders rose with a soft gasp. He rose the back of his hand to block another sneeze. “huh’USSCHHhioo!! *snrk*”

“Bless you.”

His eyes popped open, following that sniffle - which had been significantly wet-sounding. He looked like he was debating whether or not to challenge it, oh, by only going down into someone’s basement in a household that had a cat. After a second or two, his nose gave another twitch, as if insulted by the delay, and he snapped forward with three more itchy, allergic sneezes.

“ESSCHHIOO!! -huh’CHIEWW!! -ehHdt’TCHHIEWW!! *snnrff*” One of his big hands had landed on my shoulder, partially for support as each sneeze jerked him forward. “…Oh, pardod be, *snnrfff!*”

His sniffles were so wet now, and so undeniably itchy-sounding. Even if he insisted he was fine, I didn’t want him to get worse, not on a day like this.

“Bless you,”

“*ahemm* Thagk you.”

“Go outside. I’ll grab them,” I said, patting his hand.

“*snnrff* Doe, I thigk I’ll be fide.”

I turned to face him. “Really?” - an on-the-spot response, which in hindsight just might have shown how many brain cells that last rapid triple had borrowed from me. I needed to take them the fuck back.

“Yeah, really. Come with, we’ll be faster together.”

I blinked. He was definitely up to something, and it was up to me to decide what to do about it.

Maybe the brain cells had evaporated altogether.

“Okay, sure.”

-

A decent-sized, light blue cloth that he pulled from his jeans pocket was what sold the deal. Something about the urgency of him sniffling, uh - above my neck, made me worry, and it was at least good to know he was prepared.

“…*snnrff!*…”

I mean, it still happened, but hey, I’m human, and he insisted.

“HAADZSCHHhhioo!!!”

That happened a few times too, on the way downstairs, and through the room that lead us to where they stored things in the basement. He seemed to be restraining them a little less, now that it was just us two.

"Aren't cats one of your worst allergies?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"*sdrf!* Uh... *sddrff* sobetibes," he replied breathily. Almost breezily, as if the heaviness of his voice didn't put a weight on his energy.

“I’m gonna kill you after we eat, you know that?” I teased casually, finding the holy grail of condiments on a shelf in one corner.

“Oh yeah?” he breathed. Then, “huht’dzZSSCHHioo!! -huht'ISSCHHiuu!!” A harsh pair that was released freely, the mist of spray visible under the fluorescent lights.

“Oh my god, will you stop?” I teased gently.

“hUHt’kxXGgn!!” Ooh. Ow.

“Okay, don’t stop,” I said quickly, turning to look at him. Immediately, I was met with his gaze, which was staring back with risqué sort of smirk.

…Dude, really?

Oh, what the hell.

I quickly moved in and kissed him, one, two, three, then stopped - his nose was flushed and warm, twinging desperately.

“huh’GDSCHHiuhh-!!” he released another one, his head bowing slightly over me. I felt the kiss of spray, and-

“No!” I exclaimed, then paused, trying grapple for words as to no what-

“No?” he froze, and snuffled, moving back a little. He watched me with attentive eyes.

“Can-“ Okay, responsible brain is telling me no altogether. But less responsible brain is telling me- “You can sneeze, but not on me.”

“*snrf* Huh?”

“They’re gonna wonder why my shoulder is all wet-“

“Then try to stop me,” he murmured suavely, and leaned in again.

I giggled and pushed him back slightly. “Hey!” Instinctively, I reached up and pinched his red nostrils shut tight.

“huh’kchxXgt!!-unhh…” The resulting stifle was squeaky, and the breath was warm on my palm, which had gotten minimal spray. It took me a second to process before letting go of his nose. “Ooh. Wow,” he muttered breathily, and turned away, his breath still hitching.

And yet, I was still processing. Did I pinch too hard? Did it hurt?

"Um, does it hurt? Did- Did I-"

"Doe, it's... hehhh..." he rubbed his itchy nose and sniffled, the wide, reddening rims looking ticklish. "Oh, you better- hih! agaid, before I…” he hitched softly, teasing me more and more with the risk of getting caught.

I stood there, beet red. No. No… Maybe? Okay, yes.

“-k’gxXgtchh!! *snnrff!*”

This time I let go right after the sneeze, although my grip was less effective, crushing it into a smothered one rather than a stifle. He sniffled thickly, and huffed a small laugh, moving back to rub his nose.

“Bless you, idiot,” I mumbled, staring at him as he lifted the blue hanky to blow and rub at his nose. He lowered it, sniffling softly. As he was blinking himself out of the daze, I quickly leaned in and kissed the flushed, reddening tip of his nose. “Come on." I pulled something off of a shelf right over his shoulder, a packet of unopened wooden skewers. Grinning, I gently bopped him on the head with it. "Let's go."

Edited by Skylacticon
  • Skylacticon changed the title to Hold me (M, 5/?)

Oh wow 😭 I'm dying here this was amazing, the sudden need to pinch his nose and quelling the mess was literally an ideal scenario, I'd love to read more stifles soon! I've been impatiently waiting for an update and now that I've got one I'm ecstatic 🫠 Can't wait to read more- I'd love to see what other scenarios you can come up with! I just know it's going to be amazing every time, especially when stifles are involved haha, I'll be lurking around until you decide to bless us with another update, thank you for sharing your incredible ideas and writing 😫

@dwaekki @Serendipity Thank you so much~

Here's a continuation to part 5. 🙃

-

I slowly let out a deep breath as we climbed the steps. My mind was giddily racing, replaying the last series of events in my head. Watching the fine mist of tiny droplets fade in the air, under the bright fluorescent lights in the storage area. Seeing his facial expression turn from a puzzled grimace to a twitchy smirk. Ah, and the sneezing…

“HHUH’dzZZSSCHHIEWW!!!” A big one, right next to my ear, snapping me back to the present. Close enough for me to hear the soft vocalized hitch, rough nasal explosion, the liquid aftermath. I could see a fine spray floating just above my shoulder.

I peeked back, hearing some drippy sniffles, and panting breaths that gave me the feeling that his aim was possibly not(??) intentional.

“hHuh! HH’RRUSSCHHhhieww!!!” Oh, another big one, very harsh and wet.

“Baby, are you okay?”

There were more thick sniffles, and a cough. “h-hihh… hih! I’b… I’b- ISSCHHIEWW!!! ISSCHHIEWW!! -eEEISSCHHIUE!! -heeEEISSCHHIEWW!!!”

Then I noticed something in my peripheral vision.

Paws.

As we got closer to the top of the stairs, I spotted an absolutely gorgeous-looking tabby - fluffy and round at the edges, wearing a green collar with a bell. It was the middle of scratching its ear, probably sending motes of dander into the air, floating gently down towards us.

“AAEHH’SSCHHhioo!!” He doubled forward into the crook of his arm, holding onto the railing to keep his balance.

“Babe-“ I stopped and put a hand on his shoulder.

Damn. This is why I didn’t want to be reckless. I began to worry, hearing him pant and hitch for breath.

“*snnrff, snnrfff!* huh’ESSCHHIUHHh!! Hh-? HAAAESSCHHIUHHhh!!” He sneezed rather desperately, his brow furrowed.

These weren’t just the soft, sniffle-induced sneezes he was releasing to tease me. These were itchy, allergic, demanding.

“Babe… babe, bless you, here.” I had also kept my pockets stashed, pulling out a folded tissue and unfolding it to hold over his very sneezy nose.

“hrr'ISSCHHhioo!!” He erupted into my tissue-covered palm. He took a few panting breaths afterward, looking a little winded. I wiped his nose in a gentle pinch, feeling his large nostrils flare against my fingers.

“I… I juhHuhhst- huH’TSCHHIEWW!! I c-cad’t… ESSSCHHIEWWw!!! -stop…”

“Oh, babe, I know…” I pulled out another tissue and handed it to him. He accepted it eagerly and sneezed harshly into it.

“HRRR'ESSCHHIEWW!!!”

A huge one, tossing him forward. I winced a little, my hand seeming to float up to caress his back. “Bless you, sweetheart,” I squeezed his arm, watching with sympathy as he rubbed his nose with the folded tissue. “Keep going. Let’s get you outside,” I breathed, gently wrapping my arm around his waist.

We trudged up slowly. Luckily it there were only four or five steps left, and I made an award-winning slalom at the top to avoid the fat kitty, who stared at us, nonchalant.

We stumbled into the kitchen, where I gently shoved him in the direction of the door to the backyard. “Go outside and sit down. I’ll be out in a sec, okay?”

“hgGn’ISSCHHhh!! *snrf!* -Okay…” he huffed, and shuffled out the door.

As the screen door smacked shut behind him, I grabbed a kitchen towel from the oven handle and ran it under the faucet. My eyes wandered up to the windows that looked out upon the backyard, wondering if our friends had noticed his state. They still seemed to be in a heated game around the table. From the window above the kitchen sink, I saw and heard Maggie call out to him about his red eyes.

“You okay?”

“Yeah,” his deep, gentle voice responded. “Oh, I’b just really… *snrff!* EEISSCHHIUU!! -Jesus, *snrk!* allergic to cats. *snrff!*”

“You didn’t have to go and pet him, man,” Lucas jeered, throwing another card on top of the growing pile.

The words made my stomach flutter a bit, my gaze widening down at the cloth I was soaking. He pet him??

“*snnrff* I kdow, but he’s just so cute…”

“If you need antihistamines, we got ‘em. They’re in a drawer, I can show you,” Maggie offered, still playing.

“Ndah, it’s fide. I have by owd… ohhwd… heHt’TDSCHHhhioo!! -by god, *hsnrff!*” There was a pause and a squishy-sounding rub. “Owd bedicide, but…” A soft chuckle, and a deep sniff. “Cats just really get be adyway, *hsnrff!*”

As he was explaining this, I stepped out onto the deck, holding the damp kitchen towel. He was sitting in a chair separate from the table, rubbing the damp tissue under his ted, twinging nostrils.

“Hey,” I said gently, coming nearer to him with the cloth. I put two fingers under his chin, looking over his allergic features.

I started wiping his face to soothe the skin and try and remove any dander on the surface: his forehead, cheeks… his closed eyelids, very gently. His frame seemed to loosen in response to the cool, relieving touch.

My fingers froze as they came to his flushed, sniffly nose, which would be next in the general direction I was wiping. If we were alone, the potential outcome wouldn’t make me so nervous. Although it was kind of a ticking time bomb, set off regardless, as apparently he’d already pet the damn cat. Adorable as it was.

I chanced it.

Very gently, I wiped in one motion down the ridge of his nose, along one side. Minimal reaction; a blink and a soft sniffle. I wiped down along the other side. Another soft snuffle and a cough.

I didn’t touch the underside.

I couldn’t.

I knew that the smallest wipe would make him sneeze, and I knew that I couldn’t be the one to cause it. Not here, not now.

Instead, I reached for my tote bag, which was on a nearby chair, and pulled out my pack of travel tissues. Two were missing out of ten, the ones, I’d had on me in case of emergency. I set them down on his lap, and he began to pull out another tissue.

“Wanna come in just to wash your hands?” I suggested softly, knowing that the fresh air was good, but as long as the dander was on him, he’d still be suffering.

He gave his nose a soft blow, and some hard rubs, snuffling thickly. He nodded vaguely, his eyes caught on the grill, as if remembering what his initial task here was.

“Uh, yeah,” he breathed, blinking his itchy eyes. He stood, and stretched a little - then squeezed an arm around my shoulders and stooped slightly to kiss me on the forehead again. Then, he let out a soft sigh and walked away, towards the back door.

Thank you folks for reading. :wub:

I'm not too sure what will become of this little series that I've been writing. It started as a thing of self-indulgence and still is, kinda. Before, I didn't have too deep an idea about these two characters and their relationship, but they're growing on me, slowly taking on their own form. So. Here's another one. It's a little hastily written, but I hope you like it. xx

Part 6:

-

“*gsnrff*….. hheh.... *gsdrf, sddrff!*”

“*hsddrff!* g’hehh… hih! Hih! *sddrff!* ugh, *snddrff!*”

The Sniffles - an accurate name. Painfully, in this case.

His big, tired frame sunk into the couch, his fingers clutching a sad-looking tissue to his pulsing, itchy nostrils. His laptop was rested on his thighs. His eyes looked too watery and preoccupied to be reading the small letters on the screen - though he’d been trying for a long time, the silence peppered with noisy, liquid sniffles.

After a long day of coughing, sneezing, and trying to clear inflamed, burning sinuses that only filled up as quickly as they were emptied - this was the result. It was as energy-sapping as a marathon, and he was still trying to run.

Another involuntary chesty cough shook his frame, rising in his throat, phlegmy and itchy. It was followed by a squelching, miserable rub under his nose. As he lowered the tissue and took in another breath through parted lips, I caught sight of his nose, which was very red and oozing with thick mucus.

Slowly, I sat down next to him on the couch. His hazy eyes fluttered gently as he noticed me. I put a gentle hand on his arm, which was very warm to the touch. I gently lifted a hand to his forehead. The backs of my fingers were met with a warm, clammy, feverish surface. Slowly, carefully, I pulled his laptop away, and set it down on the coffee table.

I was nervous that he might protest, but then his shoulders started to shake with more heavy coughs, and he clutched the damp tissue over his nose and mouth. The mucus was thick, suffocating. He needed to get it out of his system.

I leaned forward and pulled two tissues from the box on the table. He panted heavily, eyes shut. The steady breaths came faster, becoming choppy, and creases began to form between his furrowing brows. His poor nostrils were widening, writhing, with an itch that had been torturing him all day to the point of soreness.

“ighH… hiehh… g’hihh-!”

I gently rubbed his back, holding the folded tissues over his very red nose.

“hheehhh… hih! …hehh…”

I could tell he was bracing himself. Because at this point, they were too hard to try and restrain.

“EEEIHY’ESSSCHHIOOO!!!”

A very harsh, explosive one. I loosened the pressure on the tissue I held up against his nose, as a soft groan escaped his lips. Being as gentle as I could, I wiped his swollen, shivering nostrils, and quickly held the tissue up to catch another messy sneeze.

“hhHaAAASSSCHHIEWWww!!! …unghh…” he let out a soft, pained exhale.

Gently, I kept wiping his sneezy, dripping nose. Such a deep, irritated shade of red. His eyelids fluttered shut as he sucked in a deep, congested sniffle, and raised a curled knuckle to rub aggressively under his poor nostrils.

Then, with his hand in the way, too fast to catch - he began to sneeze, smaller, itchy ones that came in ticklish bursts.

“h-huhh- huHd’YISSCHHiu!!- hUHt’CHIEWW!! -aht’CHIEWW!! -g’chieww!! *hsddrfff* ….guhh…”

I pulled three tissues, as he was sniffling drippily, the itch being aggravated by the amount of mess in his swollen, sensitive nares. Sometimes they were just so itchy, that releasing them freely was the only way to get any actual, however momentary, relief.

“huhDt’zZZSCHHIOO!! *sddrff* Huht’ISSCHHIEWW!! *sddrff!*”

He gave a weak cough, blinking dazedly at his fingers in front of him, which were glistening with wet spray.

I gave him two tissues to wipe his hands, feeling sympathy as his frame shook with more coughs. I pulled another tissue and lifted the folded pair up to his poor nose.

“Blow for me, babe,” I urged him gently.

There was a thick sort of sound, as he began, but his expression crumbled as the shift in his sinuses was just too much.

“HEEAASSCHHIEWWw!!!”

A breathy, weary sigh followed.

“Bless you. You got this,” I breathed softly, pressing the tissues against his warm, squirming nostrils.

He took another breath and gave a slow, runny, then thick blow, his tired eyes falling shut. He managed to keep blowing, productively, and then moved back a bit, coughing breathlessly.

I folded the warm, soggy tissues and dabbed a couple of times at his evasive nostrils, then discarded the wad.

“Good job,” I exhaled.

I looked back at him. His eyes were droopy, dark circles shadowing underneath. His frame expanded and fell with longer, necessary breaths, which sounded so much better now that the congestion was slightly less overwhelming. I knew that it was only temporary, though.

I put my hand on the side of his face, and slowly rubbed my thumb just beneath his temple. His shoulders bounced with another pair of gentle coughs.

I glanced back at the table, where his mug of tea sat next to his open laptop. It was almost empty, but the remaining dark liquid was evident to his exhaustion. When I reached my fingers out to touch the ceramic, it was cold.

“Baby, I’ll be back, okay?” I whispered gently, stroking my thumb lightly over his cheek. He nodded.

I stood and picked up the nearly-empty mug, then walked to the kitchen where I left it in the sink. I turned on the kettle, checking that there was still water, then opened a few drawers, looking for the empty ice pack. When I found it, I took the ice tray from the freezer and bent it with both hands. The ice cracked noisily, loosening, and I was able to take a few and fill the small bag.

With the water still boiling, I walked back to the couch, where he was drooped to one side. I ran my hand gently over his shoulder and offered him the ice pack, which he took, blinking slowly. With effort, he sat up a little bit, and rested his arm on the side of the couch, holding the ice pack to his head.

“Does it help?” I asked softly, watching his weary eyes.

He snuffled softly, and nodded. “Thagks,” he whispered.

“Of course.” I gently reached out a hand to comb back his hair from his face, and pressed my lips to the other side of his warm, clammy forehead. “I’m brewing tea,” I told him, and grabbed another tissue for him from the table. I pulled the box nearer, so he could reach it.

“Godda fall asleep,” he whispered, eyelids heavy. His flushed nostrils wrinkled with a thick sniffle, his frame sinking with the gentle exhale.

“Just have a little,” I murmured delicately, wrapping my fingers around his. “You need more fluids. It’ll feel good on your throat, and it’ll help you feel better.” His eyes fell on our fingers as they intertwined.

Just then, the kettle clicked.

“It’s ready. I’ll be quick. Have some, then you can go to sleep, okay?”

“*snrk* … Okay.”

I sped to the kitchen and reached up to grab the lemon and ginger tea from the cabinet. I took a clean mug from the dish drying rack and popped in the tea bag, then reached for the steaming kettle.

“hrrRR’ISSCHHhhioo!! *snnrg*”

“Bless you,” I called softly.

“huh-! … huH’ESSCHHIEWW!! *snnrgk!*”

Oof. I pouted a little, sympathetically, as I pressed a teaspoon against the teabag to speed up the steeping process. I heard thick, wet blows as I removed the tea bag, and reached for the honey.

“hAACHIEWW-!!”

I could tell that one was let out freely. I heard a few marshy sniffles, and the sound of tissues being pulled. The bottom of the box tap-danced against the tabletop as it became lighter, being pulled with the tissues. His wet, gurgly blows were accompanied by the clinking sound of the teaspoon in the mug as I stirred honey into the hot tea. I put the spoon in the sink, and took the mug with me back to the living room.

A few itchy coughs shook his frame as I approached, watching as I came closer with the tea. He lowered the ice pack and slowly leaned forward.

“*snnrgk!* Thagk you…”

“You’re welcome. Careful, it’s hot,” I warned him gently, sliding the mug nearer to him on the table.

His weary eyes fell cautiously over it, his sore, chapped nostrils wrinkling with another thick snuffle. After a beat, he slowly lifted it to his lips, and took a small sip. The exhale that followed seemed to give some hint of relief, and he took another sip. He let out a slow breath, lowering the mug slightly. Then he set it back down on the coffee table.

A couple of sputtering coughs emerged from him, and he turned his head away to sneeze, rather wetly.

“hhHAAESSCHHIEWW!!”

A cloud of fine spray glittered under the warm lamp light. I leaned forward to grab him more tissues, and reached for the extra box under the table. I set it on top, next to the dwindling source on its left.

“HRR'ISSCHHIEWWw!! *snnrffh!*”

“Bless you,” I breathed, and gently pressed the tissues to his drippy nose.

“Thagk you,” he croaked, his own fingers coming up to hold the tissues. He blew briefly. “*snrff!* …Steab,” he whispered, gently rubbing a curled index finger under his nose.

“Aw. I know,” I said softly, lightly stroking his shoulder.

A small, hoarse chuckle emerged as he spotted the new box on the table. "Jeez..." He glanced at me shortly with a watery grin, and I grinned back shyly.

He picked up the mug to take another slurp of tea. Between sips, he sniffled thickly, the heat and steam helping to loosen the congestion. Again, he set it down, and quickly raised the folded tissues in his lap to his runny nose.

“HURRISSCHHhhieww!! *sddrff!* heh! hEHt’AASSCHHIEWW!!! …. Oh. *snrgk!* Oh, by god,” he muttered dazedly, lowering the tissues and wiping his eyes.

“Bless you, honey,” I said belatedly, moving my hand to run it gently over his back.

He snuffled thickly, blinking weary, glassy eyes.

“You wanna try and get some rest?”

He nodded, rubbing the damp folded tissue beneath his crimson nostrils. He lowered the tissue and glanced back at the couch. I sat next to him, pulling the blanket that was hung over the back of the couch. I moved closer to one side and spread the blanket over both of us, making sure he was well covered. He snuggled closer.

“Here, babe. Put your head in my lap,” I suggested, as his big frame leaned heavily into mine. As he sat up, I leaned forward and quietly closed his laptop on the table. It had the coveted ability to fall asleep before he did.

Slowly, he lowered his head onto the cushion I put over my thighs. The rest of his body laid out across the sofa. He curled up a little, on his side. I rested a hand over his arm, exhaling gently as he got comfortable.

The sound of his whistly, congested breathing was all that filled the silence, his frame slowly rising and falling. Slowly, I lowered my chin and lightly kissed the back of his head.

• Skylacticon changed the title to Hold me (M, 6/?)