Sneeze Fetish Forum

Role Reversal - (23 Parts)

ooo

Oh this is so cute!!!!!!

Hahaha I like the idea of the vampire flu and it being Bella's turn to take comfort of them. So very well written, thanks for sharing!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have purposefully not read this series because I happened to stumble upon a review of it online that complained about Bella being a wuss who always needed someone else to save her (a particular pet peeve of mine when it comes to female lead characters in novels) so THIS is right up my alley. I have a particular penchant for strong women who take care of sick or wounded handsome young men... by all means, continue!

Thanks everyone!! About the whole weak-Bella-strong-Edward thing a few of you have mentioned, I do agree - it was one of the things that annoyed me when reading the books...so now I'm fixing it in my head by having my fun with lovely powerful - but sick - vampires... :) and hopefully you're all enjoying the ride! :blink:

'Bella, I'm supposed to be at work,' said Carlisle suddenly.

'You'll have to call in sick,' I said firmly, 'You can hardly work in this state.' Already, Carlisle looked drained and pale, though not as awful as his son did.

He nodded obediently and I found the cordless phone for him, and he dialled a number he knew by heart and waited. 'Yes, I'll hold,' he said calmly when someone picked up.

I moved over to where Edward had crawled into bed, noticing that seemed to be too tired to cover himself properly with his bedcover. Feeling protective, I moved over to my poor, shivering love and helped him lie down comfortably, straightening his sheets and tucking them in around his body. I placed a hand on his forehead and knew his fever was worsening, and he leaned towards my touch as I embraced him gently.

‘Jenna, hi,’ said Carlisle finally, his voice hoarse and dry. ‘It’s Carlisle…yes, listen, I…I’m not feeling my best today and I…’ He reached up to rub hard at his nose. ‘I…huh… I was…huh…please excuse me,’ he managed, before leaning away from the phone quickly.

Hmmmpphh! HnnnngggSSHHH! HUSHOOO! ESSSHOOO!

He sniffed wetly, obviously very congested. I shot him a sympathetic glance. ‘Sorry. As I said, I’m dot feeling too great, I think I’ve cub dowd with subthing…oh, thag you, I’b sure id’s nothig, I just didn’t want to risk…’ he sniffed again ‘…passig it od to the pa…pa…HASHOO!…patients, excuse be.’

I could almost hear the nurse’s curiosity radiating from the phone: Carlisle Cullen, the doctor who was never sick, never tired…but she must have reined it in because soon Carlisle hung up the phone.

‘Ugh,’ he muttered. He pulled out his handkerchief, which was beginning to look over-used already, and folded it carefully, blowing his nose forcefully. ‘She said to take as long as I need…’ he told me, once he’d cleared the congestion in his nose.

‘Good,’ I said firmly. I looked down at Edward in my arms and found a peaceful expression falling over his features, his breathing even and slow. I eased myself away from him gently, and though he resisted gently he did not wake.

'Edward's asleep,' I said to Carlisle quietly. 'You should try, too. You're a doctor, you know what they say about it being the best medicine...'

Carlisle smiled wryly. 'You know I wondered how Edward had remembered how to sleep after all these years...but suddenly I feel so tired I understand perfectly. I feel as if I shut my eyes right now I would be dreaming in seconds.'

I smiled. 'Go on, then. I'll be here if you need anything.' He shut his eyes and, true to his words, only a minute or so passed before his expression became blank and his breathing slowed.

As they slept, I retrieved the blankets and extra pillows from the cupboards. Ironically, I knew where all the “human” things around the Cullen house were, since I was the only one who'd ever needed them before. It felt very strange to be in this position now, I thought vaguely.

My attention was caught as Edward moaned in his sleep and I was at his side in an instant. His eyes fluttered open.

'Edward?' I asked.

'Bella...I'm...you were...' He slurred his words, visibly confused.

'Edward, it's okay. I'm here.'

'But I...it was...I was...so afraid, Bella...'

I put a hand on his forehead. It burned against my hand. 'Shh, Edward, you're feverish. I know it's confusing...'

He shivered involuntarily. 'Stay with me,' he pleaded. 'I need you.'

I almost melted into a puddle on the floor, but instead managed to crawl into the bed next to him, folding my arms around his shoulders protectively.

'I love you, Edward,' I reassured him softly. 'I'm here.'

Yay, I'm so glad you're all enjoying it! As always, thanks for the comments! :)

I woke up in Edward's arms feeling refreshed but overly warm, and eased myself away from Edward without waking him. His skin was still burning but I thought it was, at least, cooler than before. I felt Carlisle's forehead gently, and he did not stir, but I felt the beginnings of a fever there, too, and winced.

I headed to the kitchen to fetch a washcloth, intending to try to bring down Edward's temperature, but half-way there I heard a sudden explosive sneeze: HEHSHOO!

I spun around, but neither Carlisle nor Edward had moved.

Oh, no...

Alice flew in through the front door and I caught sight of her panicked expression. 'Jasper's future's gone fuzzy,' she said, by way of explanation. 'Where is he?'

I thought about what I'd just heard. 'Upstairs, I think.' She grabbed my hand and carried me up the stairs, a million times faster than I could have managed it myself. We pushed open Jasper's bedroom door tentatively.

'Jasper?' asked Alice.

He looked up, looking relieved at seeing her. 'Alice,' he breathed.

'What's happened? Are you alright?' she demanded.

He hesitated. 'I don't know. I feel...odd. Unwell. I...Hepshoo!' The sneeze seemed to have taken him totally by surprise. 'Etchhhew!'

'Oh, Jazz...' said Alice, and in a blur of motion her arms were suddenly around her husband's tired, pale form.

He lay in the comfort of her embrace for a minute and suddenly seemed to remember himself, pushing her away. 'Alice, you musn't,' he said. 'Obviously I have whatever Edward had, and I will not see you sick because of me.'

She shook her head, pressing closer to him. 'I don't care about that.'

Jasper shook his head and pushed her away again. 'Alice, I love you. Please listen.'

She frowned, looking at him.

'Do you want Bella to be looking after an entire household of sick vampires?' asked Jasper, playing his trump card. He had Alice there, and she knew it. She looked at me guiltily.

'Oh, alright,' she said quietly. 'I love you, Jasper. Feel well soon.' And before he could stop her she'd kissed him briefly before walking lightly from the room.

Jasper grimaced at me. 'I'm sorry,' he said earnestly.

'Jasper, don't be silly. How are you feeling?'

He shrugged. 'Strange. I ache. And I'm...cold.' He shivered, as though to prove his point. I hummed sympathetically and rubbed his arm.

'Why don't you get yourself into bed, and I'll find some blankets.'

I walked downstairs to find both Carlisle and Edward awake, the latter shivering violently under his sheets, having kicked his blankets off in his sleep. I rushed to his side. 'Oh, Edward...'

He smiled at me and tried visibly to stop the shaking as I pulled the blankets back over him. 'Thank you,' he said through chattering teeth, and I wrapped myself around him until the shivering stopped.

Edward looked at me. 'Bella, when I woke up last night – what...I don't remember...'

I smiled gently, realising how confusing his memories of his fever induced nightmare and the aftermath must be. 'It doesn't matter now,' I told him. He still looked confused, but didn't argue.

Carlisle looked over at me groggily. 'What was going on upstairs?' he asked.

I sighed. 'Jasper's come down with it, too,' I told them, and they both winced. 'I was getting him blankets, I should get back.' I kissed Edward's cheek and walked back towards the cupboard to gather more blankets.

Halfway up the stairs I was struck with an idea and grinned, pleased with myself. 'Alice?' I called gently, and she was there in seconds.

'Yes, Bella?'

'This might sound odd...but, do you have a bell somewhere in the house?'

She nodded, again reading my intentions. 'I'll have a look.'

She blew out of the room and came back half-a-minute later with two old-fashioned silver bells in one hand. She smiled at the questioning look on my face. 'You wouldn't believe the junk you can accumulate over the centuries,' she explained.

I laughed and took the bells from her. 'Thanks, Alice.'

She nodded, her face looking tense. 'Bella, will you...can you make sure he's alright? Take good care of him for me.'

'I will,' I promised, and her expression relaxed slightly. I mounted the stairs to Jasper's room and knocked, pushing open the door tentatively.

Jasper was huddled under his few sheets, already looking miserable. I tucked the blankets carefully around him and he smiled in thanks.

I remembered the bells in my hand and placed one on Jasper's bedside table, earning myself an odd look from him. 'So you can call if you need me,' I explained. 'If I'm downstairs or somewhere.'

He looked hesitant. 'And Jasper, you can't be stupid about it. If you want something, please just call me? Alice will kill me otherwise.'

He grinned at the thought of Alice's fury. 'Okay,' he nodded.

I left him to sleep and brought the other bell down to Edward and Carlisle, who accepted it reluctantly. I noticed the pile of growing handkerchiefs between their two beds and the exhausted pile of clean ones I'd left beside each of their beds, growing even more depleted as Edward reached for a new hanky to catch a series of explosive sneezes.

HESSHHH! ESSHHH! Ehhhh...ESHHHHEEEW!!

'Bless you,' I said, when he was done.

'Thag you,' he managed in response, before folding the handkerchief gently around his poor, red nose and blowing strongly.

I bent to pick up the pile of hankies on the floor, intending to wash them: at the rate they were going the spare tissue box in the kitchen would hardly last long, and more than likely the weak tissues would be blown apart by the force of the vampire's sneezes.

'Bella, don't!' exclaimed Edward as I bent down.

'Don't what?' I asked, exasperated.

'Don't pick up those disgusting things,' he said, and pulled himself to a sitting position. He stood up and I watched his face turn grey.

'Edward!'

I caught him just as he fell backwards, knees bending involuntarily under him. Struggling with his weight, I lay him back on the bed, where he took a minute to recover before crawling back under the sheets, still shivering with cold.

'Edward,' I reprimanded, tucking the sheets around him again, carefully. 'What have I told you? Stay. In. Bed. Let me look after you. You've told me that so many times before, when I've been sick – why is it so hard to obey your own instructions?'

His lips twitched in an exhausted smile and he lay back obediently as I fluffed the pillow behind his head.

'Bella, Edward's right,' said Carlisle from across the room, his voice cracked and sore. 'We couldn't ask you to pick up our dirty, used handkerchiefs...'

I nodded, accepting that their life-long chivalry was going to be hard to break. 'But you're not asking. I'm just doing.' And against the protests of the two bed-ridden vampires, I scooped up the pile of germ-covered hankies I couldn't get sick from and headed off to the laundry with a smile on my face.

Awwwwwwwwwww the adorable Jasper is coming down with it, too! That's almost as hot as Edward with a cold ^^

I can't stop reading, it's so great!!

Aww, thanks everyone! ;) I'm especially thrilled that there are others who love Jasper, too, I had a huge soft spot for him when reading the books.

I'd just finished hanging out the clean handkerchiefs in front of a fan when I heard a bell ringing upstairs. I smiled, and mounted the stairs, pushing open Jasper's door gently.

'Hey, Jasper,' I said. 'What's up?'

He smiled back, rubbing at his already-pink nose. ‘Oh, Bella, I wondered if you could…sorry, hold on...Heh…pshoo!’ sneezed Jasper violently, managing to catch the sudden sneeze in his hands.

‘Excuse me,’ he muttered, a sneezy expression still fixed on his face. I felt an odd sense of loss and swallowed hard, trying to dispel the misplaced emotion.

‘Eh…etchew! Ashhhew!’

Now I was angry, furious. My hands were balled up at my sides. I tried to rein in the fury…

‘Essheew!’

…feeling suddenly terrified, a sweat breaking out on my forehead…

‘HATCHEW!’

…and back to the strange sensation of cold loss, utterly devastating. I shivered and felt a tear running down my cheek, unbidden.

Jasper rubbed at his nose, frustrated, and looked up at me, his expression immediately changing to one of surprise. ‘Bella, what’s wrong?’

I bit my lip, feeling a calmness falling over me. ‘I don’t know. That was…’ I trailed off, not entirely sure what had just happened.

Suddenly, the door flew open and Edward was at my side, having obviously just observed the situation in Jasper’s thoughts.

‘Bella! What’s happened?’ he demanded, in his voice that usually sounded so strong, capable and soothing, but was now pervaded by exhaustion.

‘Edward, you should be in bed,’ I admonished, trying to steer him away, but to no avail; on the path to recovery, he was once again much stronger than me.

He shook his head. ‘Jasper?’

‘Jasper didn’t do anything!’ I protested. ‘I just had a weird moment, I’m probably just -’

But we were both interrupted by Jasper’s sudden intake of breath.

Ha…ESHEEW!’ he sneezed violently. This time, looking at Edward, I knew he felt it too: the strange, overpowering sadness. My sudden tears were back, and I felt him slump gently against me, as if too tired to continue standing.

Then, as Jasper sniffed and straightened, the sadness faded, replaced with waves of calm that felt oddly familiar…

Edward blinked slowly. ‘It’s you!’

‘Whad’s be?’ asked Jasper, voice sounding kind of thick.

‘You’re doing it. Your gift…it runs out of control when you’re…unwell…when you lose control of yourself.’

Jasper stared at him. ‘What?'

Edward nodded and began to speak, but another sneeze had snuck up on Jasper. ESSHHHEW!

The momentary surge of fear made my body tremble and Edward's tense, alert. I put an arm on his shoulder as it receded, calming him, all too aware of the look of horror on Jasper's face as he asserted his power over his gift once more, sending waves of calm in our direction.

'I'm so sorry,' he apologised, and he looked so crushed that I bent quickly to embrace him, glad of his recent hunting trip and improved self-control. He smiled gently as I drew away, careful not to push it.

'Edward – back to bed,' I told him clearly, and to his credit he went without argument. I turned back to Jasper.

'Jasper, was there something you wanted, before?'

He nodded and shook his head gently to clear it. 'I'm sorry, Bella, I know you're busy,' he said, but I dismissed this with a wave of my hand and he went on, 'I just...I've been feeling really warm, on and off, but it's back again now, and I...huh...'

I watched the look of frustration cross his face as he fought with the tickle in his nose, desperate to maintain control over his emotional emanations. 'Sorry, I...huh...huh...heh...' He breathed desperately and scrubbed at his nose, breathing a sigh of relief when the tickle abated.

I decided to ignore this, returning to his earlier comment. I felt his forehead with the back of my hand. 'You're running a pretty high fever. Would a cool washcloth help, do you think?'

He nodded in relief. 'That would be wonderful, thanks Bella.'

I smiled. 'I'll be right back.'

I came back with the face-washer as promised and wiped his forehead carefully. He smiled tiredly at me.

'You probably want to rest now,' I said gently.

Jasper nodded and looked up at me meekly. 'Bella, will you do me a favour?...Tell Alice I love her.'

I smiled. 'Of course.' I flicked off the lights as I left and shut the door behind me, leaving Jasper to rest.

Awww you even build Jasper's gift into the story! How fantastic is that! His gift running out of control, that's such a great idea!! Wow! :DDDD

His gift running out of control, that's such a great idea!! Wow! :DDDD

I completely agree, and you've written that aspect so well, with so much emotion!!! I just love it! Hope you'll post more very soon.

:) Wow, thanks guys! Comments like that really do make my day. :)

I collected the dry handkerchiefs from the line and folded them neatly, pleased to have some time to just be alone with my thoughts. It had certainly been a weird few days, to say the least. And I was getting kind of tired, though it was currently midday. Jasper was probably awake again; I should check on him, Carlisle and Edward and then maybe get some sleep myself.

Collecting a bunch of handkerchiefs, I walked into Jasper's bedroom to find him rubbing at his nose in frustration. He blew his nose into a dilapidated-looking hanky but it seemed to do nothing to alleviate the tickle in his nose. Still, he clenched his jaw determinedly and breathed slowly, and I felt waves of calm moving through me and understood.

He'd been taken aback by Edward's realisation and was trying to maintain control of his powers to hurting his family members. 'Jasper -' I began.

He shook his head furiously, obviously fighting a losing battle with his nose. 'Huh...' he breathed desperately. 'Heh...No...huh...' His breath hitched desperately and he clamped a hand over his nose, but I could tell it hadn't helped, and the waves of calm emanating from him were faltering.

I smoothed his sheets and folded a fresh pile of washed handkerchiefs next to his bed. Even as I moved away, he grabbed at one desperately and muffled a series of sneezes into it. ESSSHEW! SSHHHEW! HESHEEW! 'Dammit!' he exclaimed.

He blew his nose quietly and I fluffed the pillow behind his head, ignoring the tears streaming down my face and trying to forget the strange disorientating feeling of having your emotions unintentionally manipulated.

‘Bella, I’m so sorry,’ Jasper said quietly when he saw my face, looking ashamed. 'It's just so huh...HEEESSHHHEW! Excuse me, it's getting huh...HA-ESSHHEEW! SHEEW! Getting really hard to hold...hold...huh-ISSHEEW! ISSHEW! ISHHHEEW!' He breathed deeply and I could tell he was fighting off another sneeze. I took the momentary break to unclench my fists as the waves of fury faded. 'Huh....huh...huh...I...huh...heh...HUH-ESSHHHHHEEWWW!'

I fought the instinct to run as a powerful fear pervaded my senses. Finally in control of himself, he blew his nose again, looking thoroughly miserable. 'I'm sorry,' he said as I controlled my emotions again. 'It's just getting really hard to hold them back.'

I smiled reassuringly. ‘It’s okay, really. Anyway, it’s not that strong for me. You should see what it’s doing to Alice.’

Jasper stared at me in horror. Oops. It was only a matter of time before me and my big mouth struck again.

'Alice? What's happened to Alice?'

I shrugged, trying to decide whether to tell him or not. He didn't exactly need the stress, but after everything Edward had kept from me I knew it felt better to be told honestly. 'The emotions you're sending out seem to really be getting to her. She's gone out into the forest, it's not so bad there...but she's finding it pretty difficult.'

I put a comforting hand on his arm, feeling awful as his face twisted in obvious pain. I wondered whether telling him had been the right thing at all.

‘Carlisle said it’s probably because the link between you two means your powers affect her more strongly.’ (Well, what he’d actually said was ‘Id’s probably because dthe link bedween dem beans Jasper’s powers affect her bore strogly.’ If they didn’t feel so awful, seeing the family of immortal and powerful vampires like this would have almost been amusing.)

'Thank you for telling me, Bella,' said Jasper quietly.

I smiled gently and nodded. 'How are you feeling?' I asked.

He sighed. 'Not well. But I think I'm more tired than anything.'

'I'll leave you to get some rest then,' I said, and flicked off the light as I left. 'Oh, and Jasper?'

'Yes?' he asked, already half-asleep.

'Alice is nothing if not strong. She's only worried for you.'

'I know,' he murmured sleepily, and I walked out, leaving him to his dreams.

Dimly, I heard movement downstairs and sprinted down the stairs to find Edward standing in the middle of the kitchen, shivering, confused and drained of any colour.

‘What are you doing?’ I demanded.

‘I was…looking for tissues. And extra blankets. Carlisle’s going through the freezing phase,’ he explained, looking slightly disorientated.

‘As are you, apparently, again,’ I noted, taking in his trembling frame. ‘Come on, back to the couch.’ I pushed him back and it was a mark of his tiredness that I could force him back quite easily.

I tucked him in carefully and then found both him and Carlisle extra blankets, laying them down over the shivering vampires. ‘Now, what did I say about getting out of bed?’ I demanded furiously, once he looked warm again, and less frighteningly pale.

Edward looked sheepish. ‘…not to do it. But you were upstairs and I just thought…’

‘Thought nothing!’ I reprimanded him. ‘That’s why I gave you the bell. If you keep pushing yourself like this you're never going to get better, Edward! Do you want me looking after you for the next century?! At least Carlisle is being sensible about it.’

Carlisle chuckled, a laugh which quickly turned into a hacking cough that he managed to control. ‘You’ve been told, Edward,’ he laughed.

I put a hand on his forehead and found it, to my dismay, burning again. 'Edward, your temperature's gone up again. Carlisle's is going down already and you've been sick longer. Does that tell you something?'

Edward hung his head. ‘Sorry, love,’ he said to me. ‘I’m not used to…’ he trailed off.

‘I know,’ I soothed. ‘You just need to learn to take it easy.’

Suddenly, Edward scrubbed at his nose roughly and reached quickly to fumble in his pocket for another hanky. His sneezes were getting much too wet and strong to cover with his hands or arms as he'd done before.

Frustrated, I looked down at my empty hand and remembered the pile of hankies I'd just washed, but uselessly left sitting upstairs, outside Jasper's room. When I looked up, Edward was still hunting around him, looking for a clean hankie, seeming unable to find one. 'Huh...' he breathed desperately, eyes widening. 'Huh...heh...Bella, I...have to...huh...sn...snuh...snuh...' He sucked in a breath and scrubbed frantically at his twitching nose.

I looked around and found the tissue box the Cullens had kept in the kitchen, previously for display purposes only. I brought it back and held it out to Edward, and he reached out to take one but not fast enough for his tickling and itching nose, which exploded before he had a chance to cover it.

'HAAAAAREEEEEEESSSHHHHOOOOO!!' sneezed Edward, totally uncontrolled and uncovered, pitching himself forward and unintentionally spraying all over my outstretched arm. His eyes widened and he opened his mouth to apologise, but his nose had other ideas and he only just managed to twist aside before sneezing desperately into the bedcover.

'HESSHHOOO! HESSSHHHHH! HESSSHHHH! HESSHHOOO! Huh...hehh...SHOO! Huh...Bel...Bel...BellASHHOO! Bella, I'm so so....HACHOO!'

From there, the fit seemed to take him over as he sneezed sneeze after powerful sneeze into the bedsheet, desperately and helplessly. Eventually, it tapered off and he snagged multiple tissues from the box, folded them into a thick sheet and blew his nose forcefully.

Finally, he looked up at me, eyes full of shame. 'Bella, I'm so very, very sorry,' he apologised, refusing to meet my eyes, and I had the feeling he was apologising for more than just sneezing on me.

'Edward, don't think about it for a second,' I said forcefully. I'd already used some spare tissues to clean my arms of the light spray and I curled up next to him on the bed, though he held himself away from me stiffly as though he were something disgusting, not fit to touch me.

'Bella, that was unforgivable,' he said, his jaw clenched.

I sighed, frustrated with his tendency to blame himself irrationally for everything. 'On the contrary, it's eminently forgivable.'

He looked away. 'Edward. Look at me. How many times have I been the one you've had to look after? How many times have you risked your life to save me, caused yourself pain to be with me, been hurt protecting me?'

Still he didn't look up. 'And after all that, you think a stupid sneeze is going to upset me even a tiny bit? Edward, give me some credit.'

Now, he looked at me swiftly. 'Edward, do you think I don't care about you at all?' I demanded.

'No, of course I don't think - '

'Then why won't you let me care?' I demanded. 'Do you think it's helping, you blaming yourself for everything and not letting me be your strength for once?'

He swallowed hard. 'I've never thought of it like that,' he said quietly.

I softened. 'Edward, I love you. You know that. Let me love you. And stop feeling guilty.'

He stared at me for a long time and I noticed his eyes softening, as mine might if I was about to cry. 'Alright,' he replied.

'Thank you,' I said gently, stroking his face lovingly, and rising from the bed.

I'd turned away and almost left the room before a soft voice called me back.

'Bella?'

'Yes?'

'...Thank you.'

I smiled gently and left the room.

Awww!!!

'HAAAAAREEEEEEESSSHHHHOOOOO!!' sneezed Edward, totally uncontrolled and uncovered, pitching himself forward and unintentionally spraying all over my outstretched arm. His eyes widened and he opened his mouth to apologise, but his nose had other ideas and he only just managed to twist aside before sneezing desperately into the bedcover.

'HESSHHOOO! HESSSHHHHH! HESSSHHHH! HESSHHOOO! Huh...hehh...SHOO! Huh...Bel...Bel...BellASHHOO! Bella, I'm so so....HACHOO!'

This is awesome!

First, I love that he's sneezing uncovered and I love the thought of him sneezing on his arm, maybe in the crook of his arm, and second, BellASHHOO? Awww man, that's F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !!!

:)

Archived