Sneeze Fetish Forum

Role Reversal - (23 Parts)

ooo

Sigh!! :laugh: Faints!! :laugh: Absolute perfection! Who could hope to equal or top this? How could it possibly get any better?! I can die happy now. I'm just SO UPSET it's over!! :laugh:

huh? it's...ended? *re-reads* OMG!!! how could I have missed that fact!! AHHHHHHH

ooo...you. Have. Got. To. Write. Something ELSE!!! Pleeeeaaaase?? I love your work so much!!! It's so incredamazing!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAIT JUST A SECOND! It's OVER!? *hurt look* Fantabulous story! I hope it's not over, but if it is, could you please write more? I love your plots and style!!!! :laugh:

Hey, everyone - just thought I'd better clarify...the story's not over yet!! It's getting there, obviously, but not right now. Though your reactions to the thought are pretty flattering... :wub:

And wow, Jazz, thank you so much! That's just absolutely made my day, and I'm so glad you decided to write that fic because I'm enjoying it so much! And to everyone else on here, who posts their encouragement and feedback and wonderful comments...I'm never going to be able to express it well enough, but thank you thank you thank you because you're all so wonderful and I'm so, so glad you're enjoying reading this story.

;)

I'd been lying peacefully with Edward for a while when I suddenly realised I was very, very hungry - I hadn't eaten in at least a day! Still, I wanted to be sure Edward was alright before I left him alone...

'What are you thinking?' asked Edward, his eyes searching my face, much more alert than they had been before.

'Nothing,' I said quickly, refocussing my attention on him. 'How are you feeling now?'

He smiled. 'A lot better, actually – thanks to you, love. My head no longer aches – it's wonderful being able to think again,' he joked, 'but my nose still itches terribly,' he confessed.

I nodded. 'That'll probably be the last thing to go.'

He groaned, and I rubbed his arm gently. 'But, Bella,' he began gently, 'What were you really thinking before?'

I smiled. He knew me so well. 'If you really want to know, I was just thinking how - ' I paused. Edward's nose was twitching again, but he fought it, gesturing for me to continue. '...um, how I haven't -'

I stopped again as Edward held up his finger in my direction and bent his head towards his elbow, sneezing rapidly into it: 'HEESSSCHH! ESSCCCHH! EESSSHHHEEWW!'

He cleared his throat. 'Please excuse me, Bella. Go on.'

'I was thinking how I haven't eaten in a while – I'm getting kind of hungry...'

His expression immediately turned to concern. 'Why haven't you eaten?'

'...I've been kind of preoccupied,' I said quietly, knowing he'd be upset.

I was right – his face immediately shifted to show his frustration. 'Looking after me,' he finished, and I nodded hesitantly. He took in a deep breath to calm himself, though I knew he was inwardly furious with himself. 'Bella, you musn't...huhh...musn't let yourself...huhh...huhhahhh...' He reached up a hand to scrub at his nose, intent on finishing his admonition. 'You musn't let any...thhh.uhh...thing get in the w...ahhh...ex-huhh...excuse me,' he managed quickly, before turning his head to the side once again: 'Huhhh-ESSHHHOOO! ESSHHHOOO! Ahhh....hahhh...SHOO! ESSSHHHHOOO! HEESSSHHOOO!'

His eyes still fluttered, waiting for another sneeze, but after a while he decided it wasn't going to come and looked back to me. 'Ex-AHHEESSSHOOO!' he sneezed, this one taking him by surprise, right in the middle of speaking. His hands raised like lighting to cover, but didn't quite make it and the spray misted lightly onto my shoulder.

'Excuse me, I'm so sorry,' he apologised.

'It's fine – bless you,' I said softly.

He shook his head, but didn't argue. 'As I was saying, Bella, nothing must get in the way of your welfare. Please.'

I shrugged. 'I didn't notice until now. But you're right – unlike some,' I teased, 'I can be sensible about my needs. So I will be right back.' He grinned at my teasing, tired enough not to hold onto his unnecessary guilt, and I bent to kiss him gently on the forehead before making my way to the kitchen.

Halfway there, however, I jumped as Carlisle and Esme flashed into view in front of me. 'Sorry, Bella,' apologised Esme, seeing my reaction.

I shook my head. 'No, I was just startled. You're up!' I commented needlessly.

She nodded. 'Yes, Carlisle has pronounced me recovered!'

I smiled. 'Well, if the doctor says...'

They both laughed. 'We were just coming down to check on Edward,' said Carlisle. 'Esme was concerned...'

Esme shrugged. 'You know how I am – I can't help it!'

I nodded, knowing exactly how they felt. 'How are the others?' I asked.

Esme smiled. 'I've just checked on them – everyone's feeling much better, thanks to you, Bella. Alice and Rosalie are still asleep upstairs but they're over the worst of it, and Emmett and Jasper have recovered, but they stayed upstairs to look after the others...we can't thank you enough for what you've done for us, Bella. And you are looking after yourself, aren't you?' she asked, looking suddenly very maternal. 'You're looking pale...'

I smiled. 'I was just on my way to the kitchen to eat something, actually.'

'Oh, well don't let us hold you back, then!' Esme exclaimed, and I laughed and headed into the kitchen, where I boiled some water for a tomato pasta and set about cutting up some salad.

I took my time cooking and eating, content that Edward was with Carlisle and Esme, and carefully washed my dishes before returning to the bedroom, where I found the three vampires, Carlisle and Esme talking casually.

I moved quickly towards Edward, wanting to be close to him, but unexpectedly, he stiffened and I moved back, confused. His face was tight but controlled; he didn't look as though he needed to sneeze.

'Edward?' I asked uncertainly.

He didn't reply at first, and behind me, Carlisle cleared his throat. 'Bella, I'm sorry – he's thirsty.'

I breathed out, understanding immediately. 'Oh, Edward, I'm sorry. I forgot.' And how easy it was to forget! I retreated to a more comfortable distance, for his benefit only. I knew I would be in no real danger from him.

'No, Bella; as always, it is I who am sorry,' he said quietly.

'Don't be silly,' I admonished, leaving no room for argument. Esme moved closer to her son, squeezing his hand in comfort.

'It has been a long time,' she commented.

He shrugged. 'What can I do? I am hardly in a...huhhh...ESSSHHHCH! position t...tuh...uhhhhSHOO! to hunt, excuse me.'

Carlisle looked thoughtful, then blinked. 'We could have the others bring extra...game...home with them,' he suggested.

Esme smiled. 'That's perfect.'

Edward still looked uncomfortable, and I knew he was thinking he didn't want me there while he showed his vampiric nature. 'I can wait outside,' I suggested quietly, and he looked over to where I stood and smiled apologetically, recognising my attempt to make him more comfortable.

He nodded to Carlisle. 'It's a good solution, thank you.'

Carlisle smiled. 'It's actually a good sign – we've all noticed it, too – it means you're on the mend.'

I smiled and resisted the urge to go over and hug him, not wanting to cause him any more pain than I already was. For his part, Edward let out a tiny, barely audible sigh of relief. Things might soon be back to normal...

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!! Can't get enough of this story!!! You're FANTABULOUS! You are Floccinaucinihilipilification my mind!!!!!! (I don't know if I used it grammatically right, but, it's the longest technical word EVA! It means to deteriorate or something along those lines. :drool:)

:drool: Oh, dear lord.

You've got me in love with this story.

It's absolutely amazing.

You're an incredibly gifted author, and this story is just...gah.

It's yummy.

:)

Sigh!! :jumpy: Faints!! ;) Absolute perfection! Who could hope to equal or top this? How could it possibly get any better?! I can die happy now. I'm just SO UPSET it's over!! :razz:

Coming from the author of Lori's Spring Morning? That is praise INDEED! :lol:;)

Sigh!! :jumpy: Faints!! ;) Absolute perfection! Who could hope to equal or top this? How could it possibly get any better?! I can die happy now. I'm just SO UPSET it's over!! :bawl:

Oh stop! :razz: You, my lovely lady of lip-smacking crack, ROCK MY TOE SOCKS! And this story IS perfect! I'm totally in love. ;) **swoon!** :love: Thanks for the effing unbeLIEVEable X-mas present! :lol::jumpy:

This story is quite incredible...it's amazing how one story can provoke so many reactions: contented sigh, literary appreciation, drooling, pants setting on fire...

Sigh!! :jumpy: Faints!! :D Absolute perfection! Who could hope to equal or top this? How could it possibly get any better?! I can die happy now. I'm just SO UPSET it's over!! :bawl:

Oh stop! :xmastree: You, my lovely lady of lip-smacking crack, ROCK MY TOE SOCKS! And this story IS perfect! I'm totally in love. :laugh: **swoon!** :love: Thanks for the effing unbeLIEVEable X-mas present! :laugh::D

starpollen, love... I think you're thinking of someone else - for I am not a lady, nor did I give you anything for Christmas (but only because I didn't get your name in the Secret Santa thingy! :lol:).

Sigh!! :jumpy: Faints!! :group: Absolute perfection! Who could hope to equal or top this? How could it possibly get any better?! I can die happy now. I'm just SO UPSET it's over!! :bawl:

Oh stop! :cheers: You, my lovely lady of lip-smacking crack, ROCK MY TOE SOCKS! And this story IS perfect! I'm totally in love. :santa: **swoon!** :love: Thanks for the effing unbeLIEVEable X-mas present! :innocent::blushing:

starpollen, love... I think you're thinking of someone else - for I am not a lady, nor did I give you anything for Christmas (but only because I didn't get your name in the Secret Santa thingy! :lol:).

Whoops! Good lord, I must have been drinking that night! - not only didn't I read the clearly marked MALE under your name, I was probably intending to reply to ooo... When mixing drink and forum posting, be prepared to accept all consequences! Gah! I shall do 97 "hail-Mary-Sues" in penance!! Sorry!! :blushing:

:) Thanks so much, everyone!! Sorry for not updating recently, I've had the most incredibly hectic Christmas and I've been absolutely exhausted until this morning, when I finally had a chance to unwind...and sleep in a little! Anyway, thanks for sticking with me this far...and hopefully you're still reading!

I kept my distance from Edward over the next few hours, though he would not let me leave the room entirely. He still looked drained, though much more alert than before, and Carlisle's words had left him with a new optimism that lightened his mood considerably. It made a nice change, seeing him almost happy.

The house seemed oddly quiet without the numerous sneezing vampires, who, apart from recovering, had mostly left the house to hunt – as Carlisle had told us, they were becoming more and more thirsty as they recovered, and for Jasper the impulse had been almost irresistible. Only Carlisle had stayed home with Edward and I, presumably to keep an eye on things.

That said, the quiet was occasionally punctured by Edward's hitched breathing and numerous sneezes. I could tell his nose was bothering him almost constantly, but not quite to the point of sneezing. Every so often, he pitched forward with a violent 'ESSSHHEEW! ESSSHHEEW!', falling back on his pillows with a groan, still congested and itchy. I yearned to go over and soothe him, but I didn't want to make him more uncomfortable, with his thirst so bad.

I prayed that the others would come back soon with “food” for him.

Just as I thought it, Carlisle walked in, poking his head around the wall first to check we were okay. 'The others are on their way,' he said. I looked at him quizzically before I remembered that, recovered, he'd have regained his powerful hearing. 'Edward, you should get ready – they'll have it here in about ten minutes.'

Vaguely, I wondered what they'd brought him, and quickly shoved my mind away from the thought. That was irrelevant – it was just important that Edward felt better as soon as possible.

Carlisle helped him into a sitting position and rearranged his blankets accordingly, and I suddenly realised I could ask Carlisle something I'd been wondering about. I cleared my throat. 'Carlisle, the end of this virus, you've watched them all go through it, right? What do we expect?'

He looked around at me. 'Of course – I should have thought to tell you sooner myself,' he said. 'For me, I began to feel more and more alert, as the time passed...I noticed my thirst again, though it hadn't bothered me while I was ill.'

I nodded; this seemed to correspond with how Edward was feeling. 'Then, all the different symptoms seem to fade gradually...the aching goes first, the sore throat...' he smiled wryly then. 'The last part is awful – my nose itched unbearably, for so long...it was exhausting. Jasper struggled terribly – the sneezing became desperate, unstoppable, and his gift was so out of control we all felt the effects of it, despite our separation. You two are lucky you were downstairs...'

Edward groaned, and I knew he was dreading what was coming.

Carlisle smiled sympathetically. 'But it's over after that!' he encouraged Edward, whose lips twitched into a half-smile.

I heard movement at the back door and Carlisle turned back to Edward. 'They're here – come on, let's go.' I knew they'd have to be quick so that the...whatever they'd brought would be fresh. I shook my head and smoothed Edward's sheets as he and Carlisle moved out the back door, casting my mind around for a different topic.

Five minutes later, I heard Edward coming back in, Carlisle leading him gently back onto the couch. His eyes shone gold again, but he was still sick enough that the brief trip outside had made him cold and shaky. I pulled him quickly into my arms, wrapping a blanket around his shivering shoulders. He leaned gratefully into my warmth, sighing gently.

'Still a sickie, then?' Emmett teased, having followed us into the room. He ruffled his brother's hair before flashing out of Edward's reach.

Edward frowned. 'You can talk,' he said.

Emmett looked confused. 'What? I can...I'm better...'

Edward grinned. 'From what I heard, you were the biggest baby of all of us.'

If he'd been able to, I was sure Emmett would have flushed a deep red. 'You told him?' he demanded. 'Aw, man...'

'Now, now, boys,' I teased lightly, so happy to see them all recovering. 'Don't fight. Everyone is entitled to a bit of complaining when they're sick.'

Edward's nose twitched suddenly, and he hitched in a couple of desperate breaths, leaning away from me and quickly fumbling a handkerchief open. 'Hahhh...ESSSHHHH! ESSSHHHH! ESSSHHHHEEW!'

I rubbed small circles on his back as he blew his nose wetly, wondering when the 'last part' that Carlisle had mentioned would truly begin. I wasn't looking forward to seeing him sicker, but I was looking forward to seeing him well afterwards.

'Well, at least I don't do that anymore!' said Emmett triumphantly.

'Oh, really?' asked a voice from behind him, and in a flash Rosalie appeared, a cheeky grin on her lips. She looked down at me and winked conspiratorially. 'Want to see something I discovered?'

I nodded. 'Sure,' I replied, curious.

'Aw, Rose, don't...' said Emmett, but she'd flashed over to him already and stood behind him, reaching around the front of his face to run a finger, ever so gently, down Emmett's nose.

His nose began twitching instantly. 'Rose, I said do...duhh...don't...huhh...ahhh...hhuuuuhhhahhhh-HUSSHHHHOOOOOO! HUSSHHHOOOO!' He sniffed loudly and straightened, glaring at her.

I bit back my laughter at the expressions on their faces. 'I thought you were better?' I asked Emmett.

He shrugged, still looking irritated. 'I don't know...'

'I've been thinking about it,' said Carlisle, and I jumped – as the only one without super-hearing, I hadn't been expecting him. 'Sorry, Bella, I didn't mean to startle you.' I shook my head to deflect his apology and he continued. 'As I was saying, I think the virus will continue to affect us in some ways for at least a week or so after we seem to have recovered...our noses and throats still vulnerable to irritation, our bodies still able to feel tired...until we regain our full strength.'

'It will fade, though?' Edward asked, sounding worried.

'It's a good question, actually,' said Carlisle. 'What interests me is whether we'll experience any lasting effects of this flu. Whether there will be any changes to our lifestyles...'

'What do you mean?' asked Edward.

'I don't know...more sensitivity to other viruses, or maybe more immunity...maybe now that we've experienced sleep, dreams, sneezing, coughing...I wonder whether we'll carry on those...abilities, for want of a better word, now...it sounds silly, doesn't it? It's just medically, this is so unprecedented, it's fascinating to think...'

Edward stiffened slightly and I wondered what, exactly, his father was considering.

Carlisle laughed. 'Just the mental musings of a vampire doctor,' he smiled, shaking his head.

The others laughed with him, forgetting their concern. Edward still looked a little unsettled, but he quickly forgot the thought as his face twisted again.

'Edward?' I asked, concerned.

He scrubbed at his nose, breath hitching against his control. 'Iii...itches...' he managed to breathe, before surrendering to a violent sneezing fit that seemed totally out of his control.

'Haahh...HAEESSHH!! ESSHH! ESSSSHH! ESSHHEEW! Huh...hih...ITCHEW! ITTCCHH! ISSHH! Huhh...Hnnggsshh! Nnnnggssshhh! ESSSHHEW! ESSHHEW!'

He was doubled over, sneezing and sneezing into an increasingly wet handkerchief. The fit seemed to be tapering off, very slowly...

'Huhh...ESSHHHEW! ESSHHEWW! ESSHHCHHH! ISSHH! ISSHH! Huh-ITCHEW! Huhh...Bella...hand...handk...plea...ahhh...ESSSHHHEEW!' I passed him another handkerchief, pressing in into his hands as he continued to sneeze, muffling them now into the crook of his elbow. He managed to blow his nose quickly in between sneezes, though his breath kept hitching desperately.

'Huh...huh...ahhh...huhaahhh...ESSSSSSSCCHHHHHEEEWWW!' he sneezed violently, blowing strongly into the handkerchief straight after. After a moment, he straightened, bleary-eyed. I pulled him into an embrace, stroking his hair and looking up at Carlisle worriedly.

Carlisle was looking down at his son with pity, shaking his head sympathetically. I winced, realising that fits like this were exactly what Carlisle had expected...and that there were probably hours, if not days, of this left to come.

OMG!! When I checked the new posts and saw you'd posted here...i just about bounced off my bed :) And you did not disappoint...AMAZING once again!!

Sooooooo good to read you're back!!!!

Once again i loved reading this story!!!

I don't know if i've posted on this story before but i've always read it and it's absolutely

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! :)

oh my god. :P

this is AMAZING. please please continue, i'm hooked! i love how edward is still sick despite everyone else being better, and i love the part about jasper sneezing and his gift being out of control. incredible. also your writing style is also brilliant :D Sabrina xx

• 2 weeks later...

:wub: Thanks so much guys!

'ESSHHEEW! ESHHEEW! Huh...ITCHEW! ISSHH! ISSHH!' Edward pitched forward with a series of violent sneezes, his hand barely managing to hold the handkerchief to his nose.

I rubbed his back sympathetically, hating the fact that there was nothing much else I could do, except sit and watch him sneezing helplessly, endlessly.

He sat back against the pillow I'd helped to prop him up against, leaning against me lightly for support. He was exhausted, tiredness pouring from every inch of him. Even now, his nose twitched, relentlessly itching.

'It just...wodn't...stop,' he muttered, his voice heavily congested. I hummed in sympathy, handing him a fresh handkerchief as his breath began to hitch again. 'It just...itches and...huh...ti...ti...tickles...huh...HAESHOO! ESSHHOO! ESSCHH! ISSHH! ITCHEW! Huh...ESHHEW!'

He blew his nose tiredly – that would usually give him a few minutes' reprieve – and lowered the handkerchief onto the pile he'd created on the floor. He leant back against me again – not, I knew, with his full weight, but enough force that I could tell he had almost no energy left.

'I'b so tired,' he breathed into my hair, as I leant around him to kiss him gently on the cheek. I gave him a sympathetic look, cupping my hands around his face, brushing back the hair that had fallen messily into his eyes.

'I know,' I said gently. 'I can take more weight than this, you know,' I smiled, and without even arguing I felt him relax more into my embrace.

I felt his body stiffen and sighed as he breathed in desperate, quick breaths. 'Huh...ahh...' I watched him fumble to pick up a handkerchief, obviously lacking the energy to even properly lift his arm. 'HAESHHOO! ESHHEEW!' he muffled into the crook of his arm. 'ESSHHEW!'

On impulse, I reached down to grab a handkerchief myself and folded it across his nose. He had time to blink open his eyes and send me a grateful look before they fluttered shut again.... 'ESSHHEW! ESSHHEEW! Huh...AESSHHOO!'

The sneezes were stronger than I'd expected, jerking him forcefully forward. I winced, knowing how little energy he had to spare. 'ESSHEEEW!' he sneezed violently.

'Blow,' I instructed, and he complied willingly, wetness soaking the cloth I was holding. I tossed it into the pile and reached for another one.

'Id's okay,' he told me tiredly. 'I cad...'

I shook my head, already folding the new cloth over his cold, marble nose. 'I've got it, Edward. Don't worry about it.'

He smiled gently before pitching forward in a new series of sneezes that rocked his entire body. 'HAESSHOO! ESSHHHEWW! Huh...ahh...ASSHHOO!'

I sighed again, stroking his hair with my left hand as my right held the handkerchief firmly to his face as he sneezed again and again. This had been going for hours, and he was so tired...I wondered how long he still had to go.

'HAEESSHOO! ESSHHEEW! Huh...ahh...CHEW! ESCHEW! ETCHOO! ISHHH! ISSHH! Huhh...ISSHEW! ITCHEW!'

It went on like that for hours, and I could feel his strength draining as the sneezing continuing, seemingly unstoppable. But finally, around seven that evening, he managed to stop for a little bit, raising his eyes to my face.

'Bella,' he whispered slowly. 'I think id's...huh...fa...fadig...huh...ESSHHHEW! Id doesed...tickle...as...buch...ESSHHEEW!'

I raised my eyebrows slightly, almost unwilling to believe this could be ending...expecting fate to come past and trip us up again.

'ESSHHEEW! Huh...HAESSHOO! ITCHEW! ISSHHH! ESHHH! ESSHHEEW! Huh....Ahhh...ESSHHEEEW! ESSHH! ESSSHH! Huh....ahhh...huhhhhhahhhh....ESSSSSHHHHHHHEEEEEWWW!' The last sneeze was so strong he snapped in two, and I barely managed to keep the handkerchief pressed to his face. I quickly reached for a new one, folding it again over his poor, battered nose.

'Blow,' I instructed for the thousandth time that day. He blew his nose forcefully, twice, emptying it of mucus as best he could. I tossed the crumpled handkerchief on the pile and looked down at him to ask him how he felt...but his face was smooth, already asleep.

I smiled gently; he had been so exhausted, and if he was asleep now...I barely dared to believe it...this might be the end Carlisle had mentioned, insane as it sounded.

'Carlisle?' I called gently, knowing he would hear me.

TBC...

I can't believe I missed your new updates, but I'm glad you're posting again! Those were wonderful installments and I hope to read more soon! Great job!

Archived