Sneeze Fetish Forum

Role Reversal - (23 Parts)

ooo

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, guys...like all things in life, this one has to come to an end. It seems impossible that it's been two-and-a-half months since I started this fic, but I have loved every minute of writing it and I honestly hope you've enjoyed reading it just as much! :laugh:

I will never be able to thank you all enough for your wonderful, warm feedback. Thank you so so so so so so much. :) You are all amazing, lovely people...and I'm gonna miss writing this, and all your comments, so much!

:cryhappy:

As always, Carlisle was down the stairs in a flash. He glanced at Edward and his face broke into a smile.

I looked up at him for confirmation. 'It's over?' I asked.

He nodded, still grinning. 'When he wakes up. I'd still try to keep him resting for a day or so, though, until he's clear of any symptoms.'

I nodded, relief coursing through my veins. I hadn't realised how utterly exhausted I'd been until that moment, and I sagged back onto the couch, unconsciously curling around Edward.

'You've had an exhausting week,' said Carlisle. 'You've done us all a service we will never be able to repay you for...'

I nodded, struggling to keep my eyes open all of a sudden. Carlisle smiled. 'It's okay,' he said gently. 'Sleep, Bella.'

I was out before my head hit the pillow.

When I woke, it was to the ever-startling vision of Edward's perfect face. I blinked myself awake properly, breathing in his scent that could always fill me with calm.

His eyes flickered open as if in response to my own consciousness and I was quiet a moment, content just to take in the peace of this moment. Unconsciously, I reached for his hand, and was relieved to find his skin returned to the cool marble I was so used to.

'How are you feeling?' I murmured, voice think with sleep.

He smiled. 'Better than ever,' he replied, and dipped his head to press his mouth, ever-gently, against mine.

He pulled away after a while and, careful not to push him, I sat up on the couch. 'Carlisle says you should spend the day lying down...' He groaned. '...just to be safe...'

'I suppose I'm used to it by now,' he muttered, but his crooked grin betrayed his decidedly-not-grumpy mood.

I laughed in response, thinking how good that felt. Suddenly, Edward's head turned to the left and I followed his gaze to see what his senses had detected, long before I ever had a chance.

The entire Cullen family flashed into the room, then, taking me slightly by surprise. I jumped backwards into Edward on the couch.

Emmett chuckled at my reaction and I glared at him, to which he simply grinned. I looked to Carlisle, waiting for the reason they were all here. But it was Esme who spoke.

She cleared her throat lightly. 'Bella...this past week...I -' she broke off, starting again. 'We are so grateful to you for everything you've done for our family, Bella.'

A blush rose quickly to my cheeks. 'It was nothing,' I muttered.

Esme shook her head. 'You've been amazing...I don't know what we can say but thank you, thank you so much.' The earnest note to her voice made me blush harder.

Around her, the rest of the family was nodding. 'Thank you,' they said, each in turn. Even Emmett looked sincere. And Edward's whisper in my ear was by far the most fervent. I squeezed his hand in response.

'You're welcome,' I mumbled to the general assembly.

'Now, we know you don't like presents, or big celebrations,' continued Esme, and while I kept my face blank, I winced internally. What were they planning? 'But we thought...just a quiet dinner...'

Alice let out a quick giggle and Esme turned to her quickly. 'Er, you might want to rephrase that,' she hinted, just as I opened my mouth questioningly: 'Dinner? Really?'

Esme's hand flew to her mouth. 'Oh, I'm sorry – I didn't mean -'

I smiled. 'I know you didn't!' I said quickly, fighting back a laugh. She smiled awkwardly, still embarrassed.

Alice took over the narrative. 'A quiet dinner we cook for you,' she amended.

I smiled. It sounded nice, and after my eating habits for the past week, I could use a good meal...and they were being very good about keeping it low-key, something I was always grateful for. 'That sounds lovely,' I said politely.

And that was how, that evening, I ended up sitting around a table with the entire Cullen family, trying to be discreet about how ridiculously hungry I was...and also wondering how a family who couldn't taste or eat food could cook so incredibly well. Edward did not leave my side the entire night – or I did not leave his, either way...

Alice was debating something animatedly with Rosalie and Carlisle, her hand linked under the table with Jasper, who had involved Emmett and Edward in some sort of elaborate bet for their next baseball match. Esme listened, mediating both discussions periodically.

I smiled, leaning back into Edward's chest, his arms tightening around me unconsciously. It had been such a nice evening, and I knew the Cullens had gone to great lengths to make sure that although it was technically for me, I was not the centre of attention, knowing it would make me uncomfortable.

Oddly, the family felt more together, more closely knit right now than I had ever seen them before...and, sitting here quietly, I felt like an intimate part of it. I felt like I belonged here.

It was greatest feeling in the world.

A week and a half later, fully recovered, Edward took me down to our clearing in the forest.

I was curled up in his arms as we lay together peacefully, looking up at the sky. I couldn't help sneaking little glances at Edward's skin, sparkling under the sunlight. That would never stop amazing me, I thought.

Suddenly, Edward's breathing changed. He took quick but deep breaths, several in quick succession.

'Edward, are you okay?' I asked, concerned.

'I...don't...' he said slowly. 'Huh...huh...'

Like a shot I turned over to look at him, filled with concern...but his face broke into that crooked teasing grin I so loved. I rolled my eyes – at least he could joke about it.

I wondered vaguely whether Carlisle had been right – whether these past few weeks could happen again, for real...and more importantly, what Carlisle had mentioned and every other member of his family was currently ignoring – increased sensitivy, retaining “abilities”... Would the vampires now develop, ridiculous as it seemed, allergies?

For the millionth time, I was suddenly very glad Edward could not read my mind. He would not appreciate me considering the possibility.

I snuggled closer to him, eyes shut, head turned towards the sky. The sun warmed my skin and I would have been too hot, but for Edward's mercifully cool, marble skin so close to my own. It was wonderful having him well again – seeing him so uncomfortable, so utterly ill, had been truly awful.

Still, lying there in the warm midday sun, I was sure of one thing: caring for Edward, and his entire vampire family, was an experience I was not going to forget in a hurry.

~The End~

This is maybe the BEST story I've ever READ!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!! AAAHHHH!

so sorry its over though... :D but again, many thanks! :P

~littlesneezer18

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I agree! This story has been a favorite of mine forever. This is definitely something bump worthy. :)

Happy Thanksgiving! :bleh:

• 1 year later...

Well I guess I better give this one a bump; this is amazing! I don't usually like Twilight fics that much but this one is perfection. Well done, and I'd love to see more of whatever you write on the forum!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I guess I better give this one a bump; this is amazing! I don't usually like Twilight fics that much but this one is perfection. Well done, and I'd love to see more of whatever you write on the forum!! smile.png

We usually frown upon bumping things up that are more than a year old, so I hope you take note of that.

To Ooo, since it's already bumped, this is my favorite of all the twilight stories, you are an excellent writer!

Archived