Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• TheCakeIsAlive

• Kaze Wo Hiku

• VoOs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Holy crap where has this been all my life?  And oh look a whole new genre of music I've never heard of to explore! 😮

39 minutes ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Holy crap where has this been all my life?  And oh look a whole new genre of music I've never heard of to explore! 😮

IKR? I found them randomly yesterday in my suggested feed on YT and holy cow I love his voice and how artsy his videos are! :D 

EDIT: Electro Swing is a fantastic genre of music and I have plenty more songs to share if you want! 

Edited by SneezyHolmes
57 minutes ago, SneezyHolmes said:

EDIT: Electro Swing is a fantastic genre of music and I have plenty more songs to share if you want! 

Caravan Palace!!!

Edited by Kaze wo Hiku

Electro Swing is wonderful! I'd love if you'd share more of your favourites, @SneezyHolmes and @Kaze wo Hiku!

I first fell in love with the genre through Parov Stelar songs. Not sure which was the first I ever heard, but it must have been either of those two:

Chambermaid Swing

All Night

Edited by Selene
edited because my links are swinging all over the place

Ah, how would you like a piece of my angsty teen years? :lol: I'm doing a throwback music night. ^_^ 

35 minutes ago, facet said:

This song always leaves me in a puddle of my own tears, but in the best way possible

It's so sad, but also so moving and powerful to me

I just love it

It does deal with some dark themes though so-

TW: Suicide and Death as topics

(Not the only topics, though- not by a long shot)

I was hesitant to listen to this after the TW's but after hearing it, I have to agree that it's very empowering and gives an odd bittersweet feeling? I can't really describe it but even though it makes me miss my late friend, it's still a comforting song. 

35 minutes ago, facet said:

I'm glad you like the song

I've lost a friend to suicide too, and I've struggled with it so many times throughout my life

But yeah, having a song like this, or anything really out there, that makes me realize just how much bigger life is, it helps me so much

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you still hold their memory with you, and that this song could bring some comfort

If you ever want to talk or anything, feel free to PM me. I know it can be tough out there, dealing with stuff like this

Keeping memories alive is the best way to honor those that go before us in my opinion. You're right, life is bigger than all of us and all we can do is keep our heads high and keep marching on in their place. 

Thank you, that's a nice offer. I'll keep it mind. :hug: 

Pinball Wizard by Elton John

:joal:

Full disclosure: I am not a Pinball Wizard, or indeed a Wizard of any kind, or indeed a Pinball :glare:

First lines sound like a conclusion of mankind where we are now: 
"I'm gonna leave the planet burning, I'm gonna drive the fastest car
I'm gonna teach them while you're learning, I'm gonna take it very far"

:rolleyes: Awesome song though, from 2005. 

Idk why this gets me so emotional, but it does. Not for any particul reason either. It just gives me chills every time I hear it. 

I feel very lucky to get so moved so easily by music. It amazed me to learn that not everyone is the same, and some don't really care for it. I love the fact that music has the power to make me laugh, cry, and every emotion in between. This is just another one of those songs~ 

So, every year I hold back on breaking out the Christmas songs until I hear "Last Christmas" on the radio for the first time. And guess what was on today? :naughty:

:shifty:

I also  loved listening to that George Ezra song, @PuddinPop! There's something about his voice that tears at my heartstrings whenever I hear it.

@Selene I do the same but for me it's Fairytale of New York by The Pogues which isn't played a lot of the radio :lol:

Happy Christmas you arse. I pray God it's our last...