Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hell of a Cold - (30 Parts)

angora48

Good morning! Hope you all enjoy Part 13. :-)

It was the end of the day. Buffy walked down the hall with her arm over Willow’s shoulder. “You bight dot wadt to do that,” Willow pointed out. “I’be codtagious. I’be like Typhoid Willow.”

Buffy just laughed. “At ease, Wil – I hardly ever get sick. I can’t even remember the last time.”

“But I’be a beddace to society!” Willow protested.

“You’re a menace to your guilt complex,” Buffy told her. “So Oz is feeling a little sniffly! It’s not the end of the world.” They rounded the corner and headed for the library. “I never had a chance to check in today,” Buffy commented. “I hope Giles isn’t mad.”

They swung open the library doors and found it sans librarian. “Giles?” Buffy called.

There came the muffled but distinct “Hih-ih-Shiuuhhh!” of a sneeze from Giles’s office. “Ah – Buffy, Willow,” Giles said, looking weary and disorganized as he emerged from his office. “Afterdoon.”

Willow face fell. “Oh doh!” she cried. “See, Buffy! I’be a beddace! Adother wod bites the dust.”

“Ah-i-chi-UHHH!” Xander sneezed explosively, half-uncovered, as he entered the library.

“Yeah, I’m sure you were the culprit, Wil,” Buffy said sarcastically.

“What?” Xander asked, wiping his nose messily on his hand.

“Giles has joined the land of the stuffed up,” Buffy told him.

“Yes, I’be afraid so,” Giles said. He took a handkerchief from the pocket of his tweed jacket and blew his nose.

“Well, that sucks,” Xander said.

“Giles, I’be so sorry!” Willow exclaimed.

“Easy on the self-flagellation, Wil,” Buffy said. She turned to Giles, who coughed into his handkerchief before returning it to his pocket. “So I’m guessing we’re taking a rain check on Research-Apalooza ’98?”

“What?” Giles said. “Oh – yes, I diddn’t doh that Xadder add Willow were still sick. You’re right. It bight be prudent to take a dight off.”

“Yeah, ‘cause of Xander and Willow,” Buffy said, rolling her eyes good-naturedly. As if Giles didn’t look like he was ready to doze off any minute himself.

“I’ll udderstand if you’re overly tired, but I hope you won’t leave just yet,” Giles told Xander and Willow. “I put the kettle od, add as a citizen of the British realb, it is both by esteebed privilege add solleb duty to force tea upon young people who are feeling udwell.” He turned and coughed, covering his mouth with the back of his hand.

“Sure, Giles,” Willow said with a drowsy smile. She rubbed her nose and sniffled.

“Buffy, tea?” Giles asked. “There’ll be eduff.”

“Oh, that’s okay,” Buffy replied. “I’m not much of a tea person.” She plopped down into one of the big library chairs.

“At addy rate, I’be glad you’re here,” Giles said. He busied himself preparing cups and saucers on a tray. “Last dight, I had a small epiphady.”

“Ooh,” Buffy said. “Let’s hear it. Fire away!”

“Well, as you all doh…” Giles aid. “Eh… heh-CHIOOO!” He turned, sneezing into his shoulder. “Excuse be,” he said with a restrained sniff. “As I was saying, it’s clear that our recent efforts haven’t yielded buch in the way of helpful idforbation.”

“Doh kidding,” Xander replied. He sat down, coughing into his hands. Willow joined him – in the sitting, not the coughing.

“Yes,” Giles said. “Well, I realized that, despite all the siring activity of late add the dightly presence of Spike’s midions at the cebetery, we’ve dot seed addything frob Spike hibself.”

“Hey, that’s right!” Buffy exclaimed. “How’d you know that? Did I tell you? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure I didn’t notice.”

“Dot id those exact words,” Giles said, “But I begad to put it together frob your descriptions of your patrols. I spoke with Adegel to validate by observations.”

“Esh-ooo!” Willow clamped her hand over her mouth. “Sorry,” she said, voice muffled behind her hand, which she held in place until she got a Kleenex to wipe her nose.

“Bless you,” Giles said. “That’s whed it occurred to be – we really haven’t seed Spike at all since he abducted Adegel add we idterrupted the ritual he add Drusilla were perforbing. The last we saw of Spike, he was buried udder a codsiderable pile of rubble. What if he’s dot pladding addy sort of drabatic gesture? What if our last rud-in left hib idcapacited, add all the dew vabpires are a security beasure to protect hib id his vulderable state?”

“I like it,” Buffy said. “So really, this could be an ideal time to take him out?”

“Possibly,” Giles said. “The kettle began to whistle in his office. “Wod bobent.” He disappeared into the office, and Buffy heard a “Hih-eh-shooo!” and an “Ih-chiuhhh!” after he took the kettle off.

“Gesundheit!” Buffy called.

“Yes, thadk you,” Giles replied, returning with a teapot and a small sugar bowl. “Here we are.” He poured tea into three cups.

“Thadks, Giles,” Willow said, picking up a cup and saucer.

“You got addy of those little cookies?” Xander asked.

“Dot here, I’be afraid,” Giles said. He joined them at the table and sipped his tea. “It certaidly seebs probbising, doesn’t it, Buffy? Todight, I’d like you or Adegel to scope out the warehouse – discreetly, of course – add see if you cad fide addything to codfirb by theory.”

“We’re on it,” Buffy told him.

“Just wod of you,” Giles clarified. “We’ll want the other on patrol to reduce the population of dew vabpires.”

“Right,” Buffy said. “I ‘spose I’ll patrol and Angel will snoop. He’s a lot more skulky than I am.”

“Very good,” Giles said. “Heh-SHUHH!” He buried his nose in his handkerchief.

The door opened. Buffy looked up to see Oz poking his head in. “Oh hey, Willow,” he said. “You staying after school? I was gudda see if you wanted a ride hobe.”

Willow glanced at Giles. “Uh…”

“Cobe id if you’d like,” Giles told Oz. “We wod’t be long. You’re Oz, ab I correct?”

“Yeah,” Oz said, stepping inside.

“Would you care for sobe tea?” Giles asked.

“Okay,” Oz replied. “What is it – like a British reflex or sobething?”

Giles chuckled. “Dot precisely. It’s just that you sound sobewhat codgested. Do you have a cold as well?”

“Yeah,” Oz said. He took a seat beside Xander.

“Really?” Xander asked.

“You figured that out after two seccods?” Willow exclaimed to Giles.

Giles produced another cup and saucer from his office. “There you go,” he said, pouring Oz a cup of tea.

“Thadks,” he replied. He took a drink. Except for a few sniffles from Willow, they were all quiet for a moment. “So this is what you guys do after school, huh?”

“Dorbally, doh,” Giles said. “However, whed a bajority of us are udwell, we bake exceptions.” He coughed, covering his mouth with his fist.

“You should see us whed we’re healthy,” Xander said. “It’s a flurry of… study-related action.”

“Souds pretty wild,” Oz replied. He leaned back in his chair and cleared his throat.

“Oh, it’s a don-stop thrill ride of acadebics,” Xander assured him.

Buffy stood up. “I’m gonna take off,” she said to Giles. “I’ll tell Angel about… that thing.”

“Excelledt,” Giles replied.

“Night, guys,” Buffy said. “Speedy recoveries all around.”

“Thadks, Buff,” Xander said with a sniffle.

Buffy left, and a quiet settled over the library. Xander, Willow, Giles, and Oz all sipped their tea at the same time.

See you all tomorrow!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear! I can barely wait. I am sure that there is no where that I'd rather be right now than in the midst of that very cold-ridden group.

I like tea.

Do you take any requests? Could you manage to write a little chicken soup into one of the chapters? I'm a complete sucker for someone with a miserable cold having some chicken soup (especially if I'm that someone).

Whenever I get a cold, the first thing I do is sacrifice a chicken to my soup pot.

You are beyond awesome. thank thank thank you so very much for updating this awesome story so quickly!!!! I will tuned in waiting for more. again you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):laugh:

I can't even put into words how awesome that chapter was lol. You always get me excited for tomorrow, even when I have to work, because I know there'll be an update to this story :yes:.

Hahaha I soooo knew Giles was next. This is still AMAZING.

Now littlemissNeverSick has to get it :yes:

The Sneezester - my fic is already entirely written, so I don't really take requests on it, but I have to say that you and I seem to have... similar interests, and there may be something coming in a future chapter that you'll like. :twisted:

Anyway, here's Part 14. Giles is great fun to torture. Reserved Englishman with a bad cold? I love it! :laugh:

Buffy came around to the library bright and early. When Giles wasn’t immediately present, she checked his office. “Hey, Gi– whoa!” she exclaimed.

Giles looked pretty conclusively not with it. His hair was unkempt, there were big circles under his eyes, and, most shockingly, he wasn’t wearing a single article of tweed. He instead had on a large knit sweater. “Buffy,” he said in a husky voice as he dabbed his nose with his handkerchief.

“So, not so much with the feeling better, then?” Buffy asked sympathetically.

“Dot exactly,” Giles replied. “Hah-eh-CHI-OOO!” He coughed into his handkerchief and sniffled wetly.

“Bummer,” Buffy said.

“Agreed,” Giles said. “Dow, about last dight. Did Adegel – ?”

“Oh, right!” Buffy exclaimed. “He was gonna stop by your place before he went home, but I told him that wouldn’t be a good idea – I figured you didn’t really want a vampire dropping by at four a.m. when you were trying to sleep.”

“By sedtibents exactly,” Giles told her. He turned away and coughed into the crook of his arm.

“Of course, he couldn’t exactly come at a time when it was more convenient for you, either,” Buffy went on. “Maybe he’s just a wuss, but he’s not too keen on the whole bursting into flames thing…”

“Buffy!” Giles interrupted. “Please keep id bide that by head is dreadfully foggy at the bobent, add would you kindly arrive at the poidt?”

“Oh! Sorry,” Buffy said. “You were totally right – Spike is so far from his A-game right now. He’s, like, on his Q-game, if that.”

“Details, Buffy,” Giles prompted, coughing lightly.

“You’re never gonna believe it!” Buffy exclaimed. “He’s in a wheelchair!”

A look of surprise registered on Giles’s tired face. “Really?”

“That’s what Angel told me, honest to God!” Buffy replied. “Bad news is that Dru’s looking decidedly stronger since the last time we saw her. Good news is that she leaves him alone to go hunting. Bad news is, Angel counted seventeen fresh vamps that we weren’t able to slay upon rising. Good news is, while some of them look pretty strong, he doesn’t think they’ll be able to match us skill-wise. But –”

“All right,” Giles broke in. “That’s plenty of detail for dow… Eh-Chi-uhhh!” Groaning just a little, he reached for his handkerchief and blew his nose.

“Oh – right,” Buffy said. “So, we attack! The sooner, the better, right?”

“Dot id this situation,” Giles told her. “You add Adegel bay be able to best sevedteed dewly sired vabpires, but both of you throwing all your edergies idto it would be – ” He paused, coughing. “Excuse me – would be counterproductive.”

“Not following,” Buffy said.

“You’d have your hadds full, add even idvalid, Spike would have ample tibe to bake an escape,” Giles said.

“Following,” Buffy said grumpily.

“Yes – you’re going to deed bore bad power,” Giles told her.

Buffy frowned, confused. “Bad power?”

“Doh,” Giles said. “Dot ]bad power, bad p– oh, dear. Hold od…” He picked up his handkerchief and blew his nose thoroughly. “Man power,” he said. “That’s better – dreadfully sorry about that.”

Man power,” Buffy repeated. “See, that makes a lot more sense.”

“Yes,” Giles said. “Others who cad keep the young vabpires busy while you take care of Spike. Add for that, I’be afraid you’ll have to wait a few days.”

Buffy pouted. “I’m not so good with the waiting, Giles.”

“Yes, I’be well aware of that,” he replied. “But while the rest of us are sick, I’be afraid we wouldn’t be of buch use to you. I’be terribly sorry to have… to have throwd such a wrench id… things….” The sneeze he was trying to fight off won out, as sneezes tend to do. “Ah-i-chih-uhhh!”

Buffy winced. “Gesund–”

“Heh-SHIOOO!” Giles sneezed again. He sighed heavily, holding a hand over his nose.

“You done?” Buffy asked after a silent moment.

“For the tibe being, I think,” he told her.

“Gesundheit, then,” Buffy said. “We’ll hold off for a few days, until you guys are feeling better. That means you have to take care of yourself, though! No staying up till all hours reading Demons: What You Don’t Know Could Damn You. You got that?”

Giles smiled wearily. “Udderstood,” he said.

“Good,” Buffy told him. “I’ll get out of your hair – you have some hardcore recuperating to do.”

This is fun! I never really saw the show (little bits and pieces)- but I ADORE Giles cold fics. :laugh::twisted: There must be something :laugh: about me. lol!!

Anyway... this is very fun and I'm enjoying it. :otfriendly:

The lack of tweed made me laugh :laugh:. I love how you've got the Spike plot thrown in with this; can't wait to see it unravel.

Thans so much for updating again i love this story!!!!!!!!!. Can't wait for the rest

Good morning! Here's Part 15.

Buffy found her friends by their lockers. Willow looked about the same as yesterday, and Xander actually looked a little better. His complexion was more human-colored, and he didn’t seem like he was ready to nod off. “Hey, Buffy,” Willow said. “What’s going od?”

“Well,” Buffy said, “nothing’s in motion yet, but there are definitely wheels, and they’re getting ready to be in motion.”

“Ooh – spill!” Xander said. “What’s the plad?” Buffy quickly filled them in on the details of her conversation with Giles.

“A wheelchair?” Xander asked. “Are you serious?”

“Yep,” Buffy replied. “As soon as everybody’s operating at full capacity, Spike’s in for a little surprise.”

“Wow,” Willow breathed. “Add you –” she coughed. “You said Giles is feeling pretty sick?”

“He didn’t say so, but he didn’t look great,” Buffy explained. “The weather? He’s definitely under it.”

Willow winced. “That’s too bad. So what are our assidebents? Stake making? You gudda be traiding with Giles?”

Buffy shook her head. “Your only objective for the time being is to feel better! I think Giles might actually go home when school lets out – I scolded him pretty good.”

“R ‘n’ R – that’s the kide of assignbent I cad really get behind,” Xander said. He turned away, raising an arm to his face. “Heh… ih-eh-Shuhhh!”

“Gesundheit,” Buffy said with a slight grimace.

“Thadks,” Xander said, sniffled. “I’be actually starting dot to feel like such a zombie, so put that in the plub collub. Hih-chi-uhhh!” He clapped a hand over his mouth.

“Yeah, you soud so buch better,” Willow quipped.

“I ab, though!” Xander insisted. “I’be –” he stopped, sniffling. “I’be still sneezing, and by dose is rudding like crazy, but I don’t feel so ward out, and duthing hurts anybore.”

“Great!” Buffy said. “Steady on, soldier. You guys wanna hang out at my place tonight – full-on couch potato affair? We could make soup or something and watch some TV.”

“Sounds good to be,” Xander said. “You doh I make a great couch potato.”

Willow started to respond, but quickly trailed off as her eyelids began to flutter. “Uh…” She reached into her pocket and pulled out a Kleenex. “Eh-chiooo! Eh… Hih-chuhhh!”

“Bless you, Wil,” Xander said.

Buffy bit her lip. “It’s just an idea,” she said. “I mean, I just thought it might be fun, but if you wanna turn in early…”

“Doh – I’be in,” Willow replied. “Cad I idvite Oz?”

“Sure,” Buffy said. “The snifflier, the merrier.”

“Cool,” Willow said, nodding. She started to scan the halls for a certain red-haired musician.

“I’ll meet you in class,” Buffy said with a smile.

“Add I’ve gotta go… do sobething,” Xander said as Cordelia walked by, giving him a pointed look. All three set off for their respective destinations.

“So?” Cordelia said, pulling the closet door shut behind her.

Xander looked at her, puzzled. “So…?”

Cordelia rolled her eyes. “How are you feeling?” she prompted.

“Oh,” Xander said. “Okay, I guess. It doesn’t feel like I’be eating glass every tibe I swallow.”

“Usually a good thing,” Cordelia said. “But you still sound stuffed up.”

“Dot that stuffed up!” Xander argued.

“Fine – whatever,” Cordelia replied. “Do you want me to come over again tonight?”

“Oh god, doh!” Xander exclaimed.

Cordelia raised a perturbed eyebrow. “Excuse me?”

“Sorry – that’s dot what I bent,” Xander said. “I bent… Doh, wait – that was it. Oh god, doh!”

“Are you kidding me?!” Cordelia said.

Xander took a deep breath; he was all in now. “Cordy, you’re great add all, but Genghis Khad would have better bedside banner.”

“I was taking care of you!” Cordelia argued.

“You stood over by bed, glaring down at be add saying, ‘Do you feel better yet?’ Believe it or dot, that isn’t so relaxing.”

“Oh, enjoy that cold while you’ve got it,” Cordelia warned. “The second you’re over it, I’m gonna kill you.”

“Yeah – see, threats on by life?” Xander said. “Agaid, I think that’s the opposite of what you’re going for.”

“Whatever,” Cordelia replied. “I hope you sneeze so hard, your head falls off.”

“Gotta love the sweet talk,” Xander said. “You’re too good to be.”

Cordelia rolled her eyes and stormed out, slamming the door as she left. This kicked up a little dust, and Xander responded in the natural way. “Heh-Chi-uhhh!” he sneezed, cupping his hand over his nose.

The door flew back open. “Bless you,” Cordelia said, poking her head inside. “Don’t sneeze your head off, okay?”

“I’ll try dot to,” Xander told her.

“Good,” Cordelia replied. She headed to class, leaving Xander to puzzle over her.

Willow approached Oz’s locker timidly. “Hey,” she said in a quiet voice.

“Oh – hey,” Oz replied, turning around. He looked exhausted, and his nose was starting to get a little red. “What’s up?”

“Duthing,” Willow told him. She fidgeted awkwardly. “How are you?”

“Aside frob kide of sick, dot too bad,” Oz said. “You?”

“Oh, yeah, be too,” Willow said. “I, uh – I’be starting to feel a tidy bit better.”

“Cool,” Oz said, giving her a hint of a smile. He sniffled and shut his locker door.

Oz wasn’t one for volunteering information. It had to be fished out of him. “And you’re…?” Willow said expectantly.

Oz sniffed again, rubbing his nose. “A little worse,” he said with a shrug.

“I’be sorry,” Willow said, biting her lip.

“Daw, it’s cool,” Oz told her. “I dod’t feel that b… ah-heh-shhh!” He sneezed, catching it in his hand.

“Bless you!” Willow said. “Oh – that reminds me!” She unzipped her backpack and dug around inside, finally producing a small packet of Kleenexes. “I got these for you.”

“Hey, thadks,” Oz said. Willow held the packet out to him and he took a tissue, wiping his nose with it as he wiped his dirty hand on his jeans.

“You’re welcobe,” Willow said. “Do, um, do you have a cough?”

Oz shook his head. “Bit of a sore throat,” he told her.

“Oh!” Willow exclaimed. “That’s too bad.”

“I guess,” Oz replied nonchalantly. He stuffed the packet of tissues into his back pocket.

“Xadder add I are going over to Buffy’s house todight,” Willow told him. “We’re just gudda hang out add be kide of lazy. If you’re dot feeling too bad, you could cobe, too.”

The corner of Oz’s mouth turned up. “Cool,” he said.

“So… it’s kide of like a date?” Willow asked.

“Kide of,” Oz replied. “It’ll be fun.”

Willow smiled happily. “Okay!” They walked down the hall to class together.

^freaking love that, it made me LOL. It's so us. But so something Buffy would say too.

I ADORE this :hug:

The Buffy-isms are right on!

You really have a gift for getting into characters' heads. First NCIS now this!

Makes me wonder what you'll take on next.... tell me, do you watch Doctor Who or Torchwood? hehheh :hug:

Yay, I made it into someone's signature! I'm so flattered! :laugh:

swann_ee_song, I'm afraid there's been a case of mistaken identity. I've never written any NCIS fics - I haven't seen more than two episodes of that show. However, I'm currently watching both Doctor Who and Torchwood for the first time (just finished season 3 of Who and started season 2 of Torchwood), and I am at this very moment 15 pages into a season 1 Doctor Who fic torturing the one and only Captain Jack Harkness. :thumbsupsmiley:

Without further ado, Part 16:

Willow licked her spoon clean and set her empty bowl on the coffee table. “You bake good soup, Bissus Subbers,” she said.

“Why, thank you, Willow,” Buffy’s mother said. “I know Buffy picked out a lot of canned soups, but I thought it’d be nice to whip up something a little homier.”

“We’ll break out the cans if anyone’s still hungry later,” Buffy said.

“Is everybody all right?” Buffy’s mother asked, hovering in the living room. “We have extra blankets in the –”

“I know where everything is, Mom,” Buffy interrupted. “Just go have fun at your book club. They’re my friends – I’m supposed to be taking care of them.”

“All right,” her mother said. “Have fun, everyone – don’t stay too late, okay? Oh, and Buffy –” Buffy looked up from stealing one of Xander’s crackers. “Try not the catch that cold, okay?”

“I dunno, Mom – I have a history test next week,” Buffy told her. “I’m not making any promises.”

“Very funny,” her mother replied. “Bye.” And then, they had the house to themselves.

“Okay,” Buffy said. “Who needs something? Nurse Buffy is at your beck and call.”

“I’be good,” Oz said with a sniffle.

“Be, too,” Willow chimed in. She settled in on the couch beside Oz; he draped his arm casually over her shoulder.

“Durse Buffy can take a load off,” Xander said. He was sitting on the floor with his back against the couch and his legs stretched out in front of him.

Buffy pouted. “You guys are no fun. Here I am, all ready to serve, and –”

“Baybe a blanket?” Willow said. “I’be a little chilly.”

“Sure thing,” Buffy said, turning toward the linen closet.

“Add duthing against your bom – the chicken doodle was great,” Xander added, “but tobato’s by favorite.”

Buffy smiled. “Coming right up.” She looked expectantly at Oz.

“I’be good,” he repeated, shrugging.

“Right,” Buffy said. She left the room.

Willow sank into the couch, inattentively watching the TV. Her mind was on Oz’s arm around her shoulder. It was nice – sitting together on the couch, all cozy. She could almost forget about the nagging cough, the pesky nose, and the little headache throbbing in her temple.

Oz gave a long sniffle, rubbing his nose with the hand that wasn’t around Willow’s shoulders. She winced. The overwhelming guilt was harder to ignore. “So, you feel really sick?” she asked.

“Doh,” Oz assured him. “Dot really sick. I’be fide.” He brought his fist to his mouth and coughed a little.

Willow studied Oz’s face, but as usual, he gave none of his cards away. “D-do you… do…” She wanted to ask him about his sore throat – she’d noticed him rubbing it sometimes during the school day – but her nose wasn’t playing fair. “Eh…” Willow raised a hand to her face.

Without taking his eyes off the TV, Xander grabbed a tissue from the box on the coffee table and handed it back to Willow. She didn’t have time to thank him before… “Ah-hih-shuhh-chooo!”

“Gesundheit,” Xander said automatically.

“Thadks,” Willow replied with a wet sniffle. She quietly blew her nose.

“How about you?” Oz ask. He lightly brushed hair behind her ear. “You okay?”

“Oh, yeah,” Willow said. “I haven’t bed coughing as buch as yesterday, so that’s good.”

“Uh huh,” Oz replied, rubbing her shoulder a little.

Buffy reappeared, carrying a cozy-looking comforter. “Here you go, Wil,” she said.

“Aw, thadks, Buffy,” Willow said. She tucked her legs up on the couch and pulled the blanket around herself, making sure it draped across Oz’s lap, too.

“Your soup will be ready in a minute,” Buffy told Xander. “Anybody else want soup? There’ll be plenty of tomato, or I could make something else.”

“If there’s addy bore of the chicken, I’ll have sobe of that,” Willow said. “It was super dubby.”

“Cool,” Buffy said. “Come on, Oz – you know you want some.”

“Okay,” Oz replied nonchalantly. “Chicken souds good.”

“Great!” Buffy exclaimed. “Three soups on the double.” After collecting their bowls, she disappeared into the kitchen.

“Heh-shhh!” Oz sneezed suddenly, covering his mouth with his free hand.

“Oh – bless you!” Willow cried. “Do you deed a tissue?”

Oz shook his head, sniffling and rubbing his nose. “I’be okay.”

“You sure?” Willow asked.

Before Oz could reply, Xander took in a hitching breath and pulled the last tissue from the box. “Heh-ih-chiuhhh!” he sneezed, his head propelling forward. “Ugh,” he groaned, dabbing his nose. He glanced at the empty Kleenex box. “Buffy!” he called.

Until tomorrow! :rofl:

Oh this is awweesome! I miss Joyce :thumbsupsmiley: I loved her telling Buffy not to catch that cold. I'm praying for the opposite, funnily enough :laugh: this is AMAZING. Thanks for updating so quickly! :rofl:

Thanks for updating!!!!!!!!!!! I love this new part with buffy wanting to take care of her friends. And that joke about the buffy not promising to cathc the scoobies cold. I hope she does catch that cold. Can't wait for the rest!!!!!!!!! :):D:wub:

swann_ee_song, I'm afraid there's been a case of mistaken identity. I've never written any NCIS fics - I haven't seen more than two episodes of that show. However, I'm currently watching both Doctor Who and Torchwood for the first time (just finished season 3 of Who and started season 2 of Torchwood), and I am at this very moment 15 pages into a season 1 Doctor Who fic torturing the one and only Captain Jack Harkness. :drool:

Err...sorry I confused you!

But now I'm confused.

Where is your DW season 1 fic with Captain Jack and why didn't I know about it?? Or has it been posted yet?

P.S. I liked the new part! But there wasn't really a lot happening....Hope there's more plot to come!

[Maybe that was a little harsh. But I do believe all is fair in writing and comments, so constructive criticism is always welcome for any of my work. When I get around to it.]

swann_ee_song, the Captain Jack fic is still a work in progress. My goal is to have it finished by the time I've posted all of this one. I usually like to finish a fic before I post it - that way, I can do daily updates, and no one gets left hanging if I lose interest or get too busy to keep writing before I get to the ending. It's good to know I'll have at least one person reading it! :drool: And please, comment away! I'm tough - I can take it! :cryhappy: Constructive criticism is just fine.

I'm going out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to post tomorrow. I'll update when I get home on Sunday, but it'll be later than my usual time. Since Part 17 leads right into Part 18, I'll post them both to keep you guys busy! :innocent:

Here's Part 17.

Buffy’s search for more Kleenex came to a close in the upstairs bathroom, where she found what appeared to be a pretty full box. Hopefully it would last her friends the evening.

An unexpected tapping sound caught Buffy off guard. She whirled around, looking for its source. Tapping on glass. She looked across the hall through her open bedroom door and was pleasantly surprised to see Angel at her window. She hurried over to let him in.

“Hey,” she said, smiling brightly. “Come on in.”

“Buffy – oh,” Angel said, stopping short when his eyes wandered to the Kleenex box in her hand. “Are you –?”

“Me? No,” Buffy told him quickly. “Nope, fit as a fiddle. What does that even mean, anyway? No, Xander and Willow and Oz are just here, and I’m playing nursemaid.”

“Buffy –” Angel began.

“I didn’t know you were coming over!” Buffy went on. “If I had, I probably wouldn’t have invited Willow and the guys. Also, I would have left the window open. Or you could have come in the front door! My mom’s at her book club tonight…”

“Buffy!” Angel repeated, a little more forcefully.

She looked up at him and smiled. “What’s up?”

Angel shifted a little, like he was self-conscious. “I can’t go patrolling with you tonight.”

“Okay – no big,” Buffy told him. “I can handle Spike’s new lackeys. You have something going on?”

“No,” Angel murmured, shaking his head. “But it’s more than just that. It’s the plan – there’s a complication.”

“What?” Buffy said, tensing immediately. “Is something wrong?”

Angel’s eyes flickered all over the room. He was majorly uncomfortable about something. “Ub…” He sniffled, pressing a finger against his nose.

Buffy’s jaw dropped. “Oh my g – you’ve got it too?!”

“Seebs that way,” Angel said, sniffling again. “Excuse me. I went to bed this morning feeling fide, but when I woke up a few hours ago, by head hurt and I felt…” He dropped his eyes to the floor. “…Stuffed up.”

Buffy made a sympathetic face. “I’m so sorry – I don’t know how you caught it.” Angel nodded, covering his mouth to cough slightly. “Wait…” Buffy went on. “How did you catch it? I mean, a vampire with a cold? Is that even a thing?”

“It happens,” Angel replied. “It’s rare, but ih… it hap…peds… Heh-eh-SHUUHHH!” He sneezed forcefully into his cupped hands.

“Ooh! Gesundheit,” Buffy said, wincing. “Listen, you wanna stick around? I know soup isn’t your thing, but there’s TV and blankets and Kleenexes and someone who really, really wants to make you feel better.”

“I should just go,” Angel told her. “Your mother –”

“Won’t be home till late,” Buffy said. “Come on, stay – I don’t want to think of you being all sick and miserable by yourself.”

“I’m dot miserable,” Angel countered.

“Maybe not,” Buffy said, “but if Xander, Willow, and Giles are anything to go by, you will be.” She frowned. “I’m not sure about Oz. I never really know what he’s thinking.”

“Buffy, I’be all right,” Angel insisted. He turned away and raised his arm to his face. “Hah-uh-CHIUHHH!” The force of the sneeze bent him forward; he sniffled.

“Yeah, not so much with the credibility,” Buffy said. She grabbed him by the elbow. “Let’s go.”

“Hey, guys – check it out,” Buffy said when she returned to the living room, dragging Angel behind her. “We’ve got company.”

“Hi, Adegel,” Willow said with a drowsy smile.

“Yeah – hey,” Xander said hastily. “Kleedex?” Buffy tossed him the box. “Score!”

“So you’re Adegel, huh?” Oz said. “What’s up? I’be Oz.”

Angel nodded in acknowledgement, reticent.

“So Buffy, about that soup…” Xander said.

“Right! I almost forgot,” Buffy exclaimed. “I’ll be right back.” She rushed off to the kitchen; Angel trailed after her.

As Buffy ladled soup into bowls, she looked at Angel with a puzzled frown. “What’s a matter? I thought you liked my friends.”

“I do,” Angel replied. “I just…” He shifted awkwardly, folding his arms across his chest with a half shrug. His eyes dropped to his feet.

A smile played at the corners of Buffy’s mouth. “What?” she asked. “Embarrassed? Don’t be – they’re all sick, too.”

“Baybe,” Angel conceded, “but you hah… Heh-ih-chi-uhhh! Ugh – excuse be.” He sniffed. “You have to admit it’s dot as doteworthy.”

“Fine – be a big vampire baby,” Buffy teased lightly. “I’ll take care of you.” She reached up to pat his cheek and was rewarded with a slight smile. “Now come on – help me with the soup.” She handed him Xander’s brimming bowl and motioned for him to follow.

“Add Buffy comes through as always,” Xander said when he saw Buffy and Angel reemerging. “Cobe to Papa.”

“Thadks, Buffy!” Willow said as Buffy and Angel delivered the bowls to their proper recipients.

Oz nodded. “Yeah.” Willow scooted closer to Oz to make room for Angel and Buffy on the couch.

“Angel, it feels like I haven’t seed you id forever,” Willow said. She coughed lightly. “How are you?”

“All right,” Angel said carefully, quietly. Buffy imagined that if his blood circulated, he’d be blushing right now.

“Buff, you’re the best!” Xander cried, wiping tomato soup from his chin. “This is so good.”

“Well, you know me,” Buffy told him. “When it comes to opening a can, dumping it out, and heating what’s inside, I’m kind of a virtuoso.” Willow giggled and rested her head on Oz’s shoulder.

They mostly turn their attention to the TV after that, but for Buffy, watching Angel was more interesting. He was obviously uncomfortable about being sick, so she was sneaky about it – just little glances here and there. He definitely looked tired, even though he would have been asleep during the day, and his nose was bothering him, but it seemed like he didn’t want anyone to notice. He didn’t sneeze or sniffle – he just kept rubbing it, wriggling it occasionally. “You okay?” Buffy murmured in his ear. Angel nodded.

Buffy wasn’t the only one whose focus wasn’t held by the TV. Oz couldn’t sniffle without Willow looking in his direction. If it bugged him, he didn’t let on; all of Willow’s inquiries were met with his usual nonchalance.

It was about fifteen minutes before Angel’s nose got the better of him – Buffy had to admit she was impressed. Beside her, she felt his body tense up, and she heard a muffled “Hih-shiuhhh!”

Willow started to say, “Bless you,” as she looked toward Xander, but she followed his gaze back to Angel, who had a hand over his nose. “Adegel?”

“Hmm?” Angel said with a quick sniffle.

Willow looked unsurely at Buffy and Xander before venturing, “Are… are you sick?”

Angel fidgeted and rubbed his nose. “I, uh… yeah,” he finally said.

“Bummer,” Oz said, disinterested. At this point, he was the only one paying any attention to the TV.

Xander gaped at Angel. “I, uh, is this… you know, sobething to worry about? Do we baybe need to call… sobebody?”

Oz made a rare show of emotion with a slight frown. “You’re dot one of those guys that has to live id in a bubble, are you? ‘Cause you bight dot wanna hang out with us right now.”

“It’s just… bed a while since I’ve bed sick,” Angel told him. “They like to give be a hard time about it.”

“I’be serious!” Xander plowed on. “I bean, does this happen? Shouldn’t we baybe…?”

“Xander! We’re good,” Buffy said pointedly. She mouthed “not in front of Oz,” jerking her head toward the boy who didn’t know anything about Sunnydale’s many undead residents.

“Oh – right,” Xander said. “We’ll talk later.” Everyone clammed up and waited for Oz to take off.

And here's Part 18!

“Heh-ih-shuhhh!” Oz sneezed, covering his mouth.

“Oh!” Willow exclaimed, turning toward him. “Bless you.”

“Thadks,” Oz said, sniffling. “I thidk I’be gudda head hobe.” He stretched as he stood up, coughing into the crook of his arm.

“Really?” Willow asked. “Do you feel really crubby?”

“Daw – just tired,” Oz told her. “I’ll see you toborrow.”

Willow’s eyes flickered to Angel. “Okay!” she said. “Sleep tight!”

“You, too,” Oz replied. He waved lazily to the others. “Bye, guys.”

“See ya, Oz,” Xander said.

“Feel better,” Buffy added.

As soon as Oz was out of the house, all eyes were on Angel. It was a little before nine, and everyone was done waiting. “So, wait,” Xander said. “What exactly is going od?”

“Duthing’s going od,” Angel told him. “I have a cold – that’s all.”

“Add that’s norbal?” Xander asked.

“I wouldn’t say that,” Angel replied, “but it does happen. Eh-uh-eshoo-uhhh!” He bent forward, sneezing hard. “Ugh…” Buffy rubbed his back, but he shrugged her off.

“So…” Willow said, “have you bed sick before?”

“Yes,” Angel said.

Since you’ve bed od the liquid diet?” Xander clarified.

Angel nodded. “A few tibes.”

“So when –” Willow stopped, coughing. “Whed was the last tibe you were sick?”

Angel sighed and looked up at the ceiling. “Dineteed fifty… four? Fifty-three? Who was president, then? I wadda say Truban…”

“…So it’s bed a while,” Xander said.

“It’s bed a while,” Angel agreed. He cupped his hands over his mouth and coughed.

“What does this bean for our Spike-related plads?” Xander asked. “Od hold? Od hiatus? Full speed ahead? What?”

“I don’t know,” Buffy admitted. “I haven’t really thought about it. I’ll have to talk to Giles tomorrow.”

“Great,” Angel muttered. He sank down into the couch, rubbing his forehead.

This didn’t escape Buffy’s notice. “Do you have a headache?” she asked quietly.

“What?” Angel said. “Doh. I mean – a little.” He sniffled and crossed his arms.

“Baybe we should go,” Willow told Xander.

“Really?” Xander said. “Is a sneezing vabpire losing its dovelty? ‘Cause be, I can’t get enough of it.”

“Doh – I’ll go,” Angel said, standing up. “I don’t want to idterrupt.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Buffy said. “You’re staying here tonight.”

“Buffy –” Angel protested.

“The last time you were sick, Giles was in diapers,” Buffy pointed out. “You’re not going anywhere.”

“That is an awfully long tibe,” Xander added. “Plenty of tibe to forget how much being sick sucks.”

“Come od,” Willow said, taking Xander’s arm. “See you toborrow, Buffy! Keep us posed!”

“Will do,” Buffy replied. When her friends left, she grabbed the Kleenexes and Angel and brought both to her bedroom. “You don’t have any pajamas,” she said, frowning.

“I’be all right,” Angel replied. He stood in her doorway, watching her arrange the blankets on her bed. “Buffy I’be dot sleeping in your bed.”

“Yes, you are,” Buffy told him, no-nonsense. “I’ll be plenty comfy on the floor. Now get over her and lie down.”

“You drive a hard bargain,” Angel said.

“That’s right,” Buffy replied. She crossed the room and seized his arm. “You’re gonna get a good night’s sleep. I’m gonna take awesome care of you, you’re gonna get better, and we’re gonna take Spike out. Got it?”

“You’re not gunna take ‘doh’ for an answer,” Angel observed.

“That, too,” Buffy said. “Now come on.” Obediently, Angel sat down on the bed and removed his shoes, belt, and shirt. Buffy stood at the foot of the bed, her arms folded with a sweet sternness as she watched Angel lie down.

“That better?” Buffy asked, pulling the blankets over Angel. He nodded. “You need anything else?”

“The window,” Angel murmured.

“Oh! Right,” Buffy said. “I’ll get some duct tape and tape down the shades, so no sunlight gets in in the morning.”

“Thanks,” Angel replied.

“I’ll be right back,” Buffy told him.

“Mmm, hmm,” Angel mumbled. He rubbed his nose, sniffling as he looked up at the ceiling.

A quick trip to her mother’s miscellaneous drawer provided Buffy with duct tape, and she returned to her bedroom. All signs pointed to Angel being asleep. Buffy was a little surprised by this, since he was normally nocturnal, but decided it was just as well. She worked quickly and quietly to cover the windows, then slipped out to go on patrol, giving Angel a soft peck on the forehead before she left.

Hope you enjoy! I'll be back sometime on Sunday!

Interesting development with Angel. I like it! Especially the part where he hasn't had a cold since 1953, ha!

Can't wait til Sunday.

Archived