Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hell of a Cold - (30 Parts)

angora48

Hello! I'm posting two parts today, since one leads right into the other. This one's more plot-heavy, but I'm quite partial to the next one. :)

Anyway, here's Part 25.

Xander held his notebook out to Willow. “How ‘bout this one?” he asked. “Is that right?”

Willow glanced. “Your answer should be in beters, not biles,” she said.

“Crap,” Xander muttered. “You know, the whole ‘I feel sick, so I’m gonna blow off my homework’ thing seemed like such a good idea at the time.”

“We’ll get you caught up,” Willow assured him.

“Yeah, I’ll be back to underachieving in no time,” Xander replied.

“Way to thidk positive!” Willow exclaimed. She sniffled, rubbing her nose a little.

“You okay, Wil?” Xander asked.

“Just a little stuffy,” Willow told him. “I’be feeling a lot better.”

“And you don’t mind me hanging around?” Xander asked.

“Of course dot!” Willow said. “I’be all right, really. I got a lot of sleep last night.”

“Cool,” Xander said. He turned his attention back to his notebook. “How ‘bout now?”

Willow looked at Xander’s problem. “Perfect,” she said, grinning. Confidence bolstered, Xander smiled to himself.

“So hey, what’s up with Operation: Dust Spike?” Xander asked. “Have you talked to the Buffster?”

“Buffy’s mind isn’t really on slaying right dow,” Willow said. “She’s a little preoccupied.”

“Right – Angel,” Xander grumbled. “Seriously, could that guy be any more of a wuss? He needs Buffy taking care of him when he has the sniffles?”

“Cut hib a little slack; he hasn’t had the sniffles id decades,” Willow reminded him. “Besides, it’s dot like you were Bister Bacho when you were sick.”

“Please, Wil, let’s not dig up ancient history,” Xander protested.

“Anyway,” Willow went on, “I called Giles this morning. He’s still sick, but he said he was starting to feel better. He’s gonna spend the day in bed, and maybe toborrow, we’ll bake our boove – excuse be.” She took a fresh Kleenex out of her pocket and walked out into the hall.

“What’s a matter?” Xander teased. “Too ladylike to blow your nose in front of me?”

“No!” Willow cried, reentering. “I just… it’s… dod’t you have homework to do?” As she sat down, her cheeks reddened.

“Aw, it’s okay,” Xander said. “We’ve all been there.”

“Yeah, thanks to you,” Willow said. “Hey, baybe we should’ve sent you to Spike’s hideout when you were sick.”

“Hey, I’m sorry my cold got spread around, but that’s no reason to feed me to a pack of vampires!” Xander cried. “Geez, Wil.”

“No, you dod’t get it,” Willow said. “You go in, Buffy pulls you out, add dext thing we know, all the vampires are sick! We take ‘eb out.”

“Ah – biological warfare,” Xander said. “Nice. You’re pretty devious when you wanna be.”

“Yeah, too late,” Willow pointed out. “Giles and I are getting better, and you’re dot even sniffling addymore! Heh-eh-shoooo!” She sneezed suddenly into her hand, then continued with a sniff. “Addy add all biological warfare would’ve have to be done a few days ago. I was too slow on the uptake.”

“Eh, that’s not your fault,” Xander told her. “A few days ago, we didn’t even know vampires could get sick.”

“Oh, yeah,” Willow said. She sniffed, rubbing her nose.

“I ‘spose Angel’s pretty mad at us, huh?” Xander asked.

“I dod’t know about that,” Willow said, “but he’s defiditely dot happy about being sick, and he’ll probably be kidea steabed if he bisses the big showdown.”

“He’ll probably blame me,” Xander mused. “For the rest of my life, he’ll remember that I was the guy that got him sick for the first time since Beatlemania.”

“Dod’t be ridiculous,” Willow advised. “He’s dot gonna blame you.”

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Part 26!

The harsh-sounding coughs rattling in Angel’s chest roused him. He sat up in bed, trying to quiet his cough and keep his head from spinning. This was all Xander’s fault.

Lying around in bed like this, Angel felt so useless. It was as if all his energy had been sapped. In this state, Buffy could take him without breaking a sweat. Come to think of it, Willow probably wouldn’t have a hard time! It was humiliating to think about.

Heh… i-eh-CHOOO! Huh-chi-UHHH!” Angel groaned, sniffling as he messily wiped his nose on the back of his hand. It was absurd, a vampire with a cold. The terror of the night, in bed with a runny nose and a nagging cough.

Feeding had helped a little, but Angel still felt awful. He just couldn’t believe his timing. Now, when Buffy’s clash with Spike was coming to a head. Now, when Buffy needed Angel to back her up, Angel was completely useless. He’d gone forty years without getting sick – he couldn’t have made it a few more days?

It wasn’t the worst sickness Angel had had since becoming a vampire, he had to admit. He’d caught influenza in 1918, during the pandemic, and it was absolutely horrible. It had gotten so bad that Angel had wished the fever could kill him, just so he wouldn’t have to feel so terrible. This wasn’t nearly as bad.

All the same, it wasn’t exactly a walk in the park. Angel kicked his blankets to the foot of the bed and tried to get comfortable. He rubbed his nose with a sulky sniffle.

A quiet knock came at Angel’s door. “Who is it?” Angel called hoarsely, sighing. He had absolutely no desire to move.

“It’s me,” Buffy told him.

“Did you lock the door whed you left?” Angel asked.

“I don’t remember,” she replied.

“Try the dob,” he said.

There was a pause. “The what?”

“The da – the doordob,” Angel explained, realizing she couldn’t understand his stuffed-up voice. “See if it’s open.”

“Oh, right,” Buffy said. “Oops.” Within moments, she was in Angel’s apartment. “Hey! What have you been doing?”

“Fiddished eating,” Angel said. He sniffled. “Tried to sleep.”

“Wanna know what I did?” Buffy asked, grinning as she sat down on Angel’s bed.

Angel sat up, positioning a pillow behind his back. “Sure,” he said, weary.

“I figured out a way to put a smile on your face,” Buffy said happily.

Had she now? To be perfectly honest, Angel wasn’t convinced. As much as he loved Buffy, Angel was so uncomfortable that he wasn’t sure it was currently possible to make him happy. “Oh yeah?” he said.

“Yep!” Buffy said. “Take a look.” She offered him a small plastic shopping bad; Angel supposed it was the tissues she’d bought.

“Come on!” Buffy urged. “Open it!”

To satisfy her, Angel reached his hand into the bag and was surprised when his fingers closed around something soft. With a puzzled frown, he withdrew his hand and found himself holding three cloth handkerchiefs.

“Do you like them?” Buffy asked anxiously. “I know you said you used to have one, and I just thought you might like them better than Kleenex. You wouldn’t believe how hard those were to find! I had to look all over – but if you’d prefer Kleenex, I got those, too.” Bringing out another bag, she produced a cardboard box.

A warm, unexpected smile spread across Angel’s face. “They’re perfect,” he said. “Thadks, Buffy.”

“You really like them?” Buffy asked, anxious.

“I do,” Angel assured her. If he wasn’t sick, he would have kissed her right then.

Buffy indulged him with a relieved smile. “Oh, good,” she said. “I just want you to feel better.”

Angel nose picked that nice moment to start itching. He quickly unfolded one of his new handkerchiefs. “Hah… eh-hih-CHUHHH!” Gently, he wiped his nose on the soft material.

“Ooh!” Buffy cried. “Bless you.”

Angel smiled. “You doh how buch I love you, right?”

“Yeah,” Buffy said, grinning, “but it’s still nice to hear.”

Aww. :omg:

I sense biological warfare. :)

:D

LOL - now why didn't they ever try that on the show?

Great update & thank you for the extra part :innocent:.

Thanks for uploading so many parts! Still waiting for Buffy to get it! Really awesome story!

Good morning! Here's Part 27:

Sunday found Giles much better than the previous few days had. His voice could have been stronger, and there was the odd sniffle here and there, but he felt greatly recuperated. He wasted no time in contacting Buffy and the others.

Soon, they were all assembled in Giles’s living room (all except Angel, whom Buffy had told Giles not to call – he was apparently still feeling quite unwell). “So, what’s the plan?” Xander asked. “How are we going to work this?”

“Cordelia and Willow are going to distract the vabpires outside the warehouse,” Giles explained. “Don’t attack them; draw them back where Xander will be waiting with additional weapods. Rud if you deed to – excuse be –” he sniffed, “but try to keep them busy as long as you can. Buffy add I will slip inside…”

“Giles, I’m gonna need you outside,” Buffy argued. “We talked about this – you stay hidden with the crossbow, take ‘em out as they come.”

“I dod’t like the idea of you going id without backup,” Giles said.

“That’s why we usually have another guy around for this kind of stuff,” Buffy said pointedly.

Giles sighed, removing his glasses to rub the bridge of his nose. “Bufy, we can’t wait for Adegel,” he told her. “The longer we hold off, the harder it will be to get through Spike’s ever-idcreasing dumber of loyals. “Heh… i-uh… eh-Shooo!” He sniffled into his handkerchief.

“So, hey, is Giles gonna be able to be secret commando crossbow guy?” Cordelia asked. “Super vamp hearing and whatnot? Won’t the sneezing and sniffling give him away?”

“Dod’t worry about me,” Giles told her. He looked at Buffy, who had her arms folded stubbornly. “All right,” he said, “so Buffy will go id alone…”

“Good,” Buffy said quickly.

Giles wasn’t finished. “But I really think we ought to have sobe sort of signal, just id case…”

“How ‘bout I scream, ‘Giles!’ really loudly?” Buffy suggested. “Will that do the trick?”

“I like it,” Xander said. “It’s simple, straightforward…”

“It’s a little lacking in the subtlety department, but it gets the point across,” Willow observed.

“Great! We’re in agreement,” Buffy exclaimed. “Tonight, it’s bye-bye, Spike.”

“Stakes, Xander! Stakes would be good right about now!”

“Wil, look out! There’s one on your right!”

“Hey, I got one! Oh wait, there’s like a zillion more…”

Drusilla laughed to herself as she watched the hurly burly from her place in the shadows. She’d left to go hunting, and she couldn’t have been ten paces away when the slayer and her little friends had shown up to play cowboys and Indians.

Drusila didn’t join the fight – not yet. Spike had plenty of muscle to protect him, and anyway, they were missing one of their main players…

Angel woke, disoriented, at the sound of the door knock. He had no idea what time it was – his equilibrium was off kilter from sleeping day and night. He supposed his watch was somewhere, but he wasn’t about to go looking for it.

More knocking. Buffy? Angel wasn’t sure. He had no sense of smell. It didn’t quite sound like Buffy’s knock, but his ears were a little plugged up. Stifling coughs, he dragged himself out of bed and trudged to the door.

“Hello, pet.” Angel stiffened. There, standing in the hallway, was Drusilla, looking wild and sinister.

Angel was in a hard spot. His senses were compromised, and he was dangerously weak. He had to proceed with caution. “Dru,” he said evenly, “always good to see you. To what do I owe the pleasure?”

“You’re not there to be part of the fun,” Drusilla said in her usual spacey way.

“Codtext, Dru,” Angel prompted, trying to convey bravado.

“Everyone’s come out to play,” Drusilla went on. “We knew it was only a matter of time – Spike got himself a lot of new playmates for it special. The rules have changed, you know. Now, it’s playing for keeps.”

Angel had enough experience with Drusilla’s ramblings that they didn’t usually pose a challenge for him, but he couldn’t think straight. His head swam and he could feel his legs wavering a bit. “What?” was all he could say, exasperated.

“Everyone’s there, ‘cept for you,” Drusilla said. “Slayer, watcher, the slayer’s friends – even the little one, the red-headed one. But where’s Angel? Staying at home, hiding under the bed? Scared of things wot go snarl in the night?”

Slowly, the realization dawned on Angel, in the midst of his fog. “They’re at the warehouse?” he asked.

“They’re all having such fun,” Drusilla said. “We have so many new friends to keep them busy.”

“How bany?” Angel demanded.

“I can’t keep them all in my hand,” Drusilla commented – no help, of course.

Angel was in no mood for this. “Drusilla, how –?” A coughing spell hit him suddenly. Hard coughs shook Angel, and he reached out to grab the door frame and steady himself.

Before Angel knew it, his hand was on Drusilla’s shoulder and she held him upright. When the coughing subsided, he straightened up and looked at Drusilla, who wore a sly smile. “Whatsa matter, Angel?” she purred with faux innocence. “You got a sniffle?”

Angel swatted Drusilla away, keeping a hand on the door frame so he wouldn’t falter. “Get out of here,” he said. He meant to sound intimidating, but his nose had other ideas. “Eh… ih-SHUHHHH!”

Drusilla pealed with laughter. “Poor Angel,” she cooed. “Best crawl back to bed and drink your castor oil like a good boy. If you’ve a fever, I’ll be your nurse and bleed you.” Her fangs protracted as she smiled maniacally.

“Save it,” Angel told her. “Everywod’s at the warehouse?”

“It’s all come together,” Drusilla told him. “I suppose we’ll keep the slayer for a while, but the rest will have to go. All that play builds up an appetite.”

Angel growled, showing him fangs. “If you hurt addy of theb…”

“If you want to go, you’d best hurry,” Drusilla said, “or else you’ll miss all the fun.” She made a move to leave, then turned and poked her head in once more. “Take a scarf, or you’ll catch your death, poor thing.” With that, she was gone.

Once he was alone, Angel stumbled to his closet and changed his clothes with clumsy urgency. “Heh-CHUHHH! Hih-uh-CHOOO-uhh!” He quickly collected his handkerchiefs and shoved them into his pants pocket, sniffling hard. Pulling his coat on, he left the apartment and headed off down the street.

Heeheehee I love Drusilla...and I love the building of suspense! Thanks for never keeping us hanging too long :D

Thanks, guys. I was a little worried about my Dru. Writing crazy isn't so hard, but trying to MATCH someone else's particular level of crazy can be tough. :rolleyes:

Here's Part 28. It gets a little silly, but I'm fond of it.

Two vampires held Buffy’s arms while a third advanced on her, fangs bared. Across the room, Spike smirked.

With a grunt, Buffy leaped, locking her ankles around the approaching vampire’s neck. Using the vamp for leverage, she spun herself, freeing her arms. She punched him in the gut, and when he doubled over, she was able to touch her hands to the ground and flip him. As the vampire landed on his back, she grabbed a stake off the floor and sent him to his maker.

Of course, that left a mere six vampires still guarding Spike. “The work never ends, eh, slayer?” he asked wryly.

“Ooh, look at the big bad,” Buffy taunted, spinning as she kicked a vampire in the face. “Cowering behind your minions and watching the fight from the sidelines?” She staked another vamp in the chest. “I’m trembling.”

“How’s your strength holding up?” Spike asked. “You’re not gonna tire out on me, are you?”

A vampire pinned Buffy to the floor. She headbutted him, then kicked him across the room. “Bring it on, Dr. Strangelove,” she said as she leapt to her feet.

There was a snarl behind Buffy. She turned and found herself facing four more vampires. “Buffy!” Xander called as her friends burst in. “Buffy, we couldn’t hold them!”

“Yeah!” Buffy shouted, jumping up to knee a vampire in the chin. “I’m getting that!” Two vampires leapt on her, growling and snapping.

Suddenly, Buffy was being pulled out of the vampire-pile. She looked up and saw Angel at her side. “What are you doing here?” she demanded.

“Sorry I’be late,” Angel said. “Dohbody told there was a party going od.” He pushed away a vampire that tried to pounce on Buffy.

“Oh good, it’s everybody’s favorite boy scout,” Spike grumbled.

“Angel!” Buffy cried as a vampire knocked Angel down. Angel struggled when he hit the ground, coughing hard. Buffy yanked the vampire back by the hair and staked him in the chest.

“Heh-uh-CHOOO!” Angel sneezed as the ashes sprinkled onto him.

“Ooh, sorry!” Buffy cried.

“Dod’t sweat it,” Angel replied, sniffling as he stifled a cough.

Buffy pulled him to his feet. “Are you okay?” she asked.

“Hold up now,” Spike spoke up. His thugs withdrew, flanking him as he wheeled forward. “You all right, mate?” he asked Angel, bemused. “You’re sounding a little stuffy there.”

“I could rip your head off right dow,” Angel warned.

“Doubt it,” Spike retorted, looking Angel up and down. “I bed a good stiff breeze would knock you right over.”

“Save it, Spike,” Buffy said. “Are we killing each other or what?”

“In a minute, love,” Spike told her. “I think your boyfriend could use a breather – sounds like he needs to blow his nose.”

“You wadda talk about by health?” Angel countered. “Didded’t you used to be… be able t-to… you doh… walk…? Huh-SHOOOO!” He turned away, throwing an arm up to his face. Buffy reached out to steady him.

“Top-shelf intimidation, mate,” Spike quipped. “Real scary, honest.” He laughed as he turned to Buffy. “Angel’s always been a bit of a weakling, I’m afraid.”

“Speak for yourself,” Angel shot back.

“Yeah?” Spike said. “Tell me, Angel, how many times have you been sick since you’ve been undead? Eh?”

“Shut up, Spike,” Angel growled, baring his fangs.

“I’ll tell you – eight,” Spike announced. “Eight times you’ve been sick in 242 years.” He chuckled. “Oh yeah, you’re right bloody vital.”

“You know what I’ve been meaning to do a lot more of?” Buffy asked. “Punching you in the face.”

“Wanna know how many times I’ve been sick?” Spike prodded.

“Who cares?” Buffy replied. “What are you, 120?”

“Still,” Spike said. He turned to Angel. “Twice, and one of those was Spanish flu.”

“What does that have to do with anything?” Buffy said.

“ ‘Cause it was a sodding epidemic,” Spike told her. “You caught Spanish flu just nipping ‘round the corner. We all had it – me, Darla, Dru…”

“It’s doh picdic,” Angel said to Buffy. “I had it, too.”

“So that doesn’t count, either!” Buffy exclaimed.

“Do you suppose there’s a point to any of this?” Giles asked Xander.

“Hey, I’m just glad I’m not dead yet,” Xander replied. “If they wanna fight about who’s more macho, more power to ‘em.”

Spike and Buffy were still arguing. “No, for Angel it counts,” Spike told her.

“Why? That’s not fair,” Buffy said.

“He didn’t have an excuse, love!” Spike explained. “1918 – he was off human blood by then, so he wasn’t much around the sick, and he still got it.” He threw Buffy a cocky smile. “I’m just saying, slayer, you got the short stick as far as venerable undead boyfriends go.”

Buffy punched Spike squarely in the jaw.

Immediately, there were three vampires on her. She wrestled with them, kicking, as Angel lunged forward and tackled Spike. The two of them toppled over as Spike’s wheelchair pitched backward.

Two vampire grabbed Angel’s arms and started dragging him away from Spike. “Heh-i-uh-SHOOO-uhhh!” Angel sneezed openly.

Spike chuckled. “All quake before the fiercesome Angelus,” he joked.

Buffy punched a vampire on either side of her. “At least he’s not on his back with his legs dangling in the air,” she pointed out.

One of Spike’s henchvamps turned him upright. “I’m a bit bored with this whole thing, to be honest,” he said. “Kill them all.” He wheeled away as his goons sprang at Buffy and the others.

“Uh, Giles?” Buffy said, fighting her way through the swarm.

“Retreat?” Giles asked.

“Well, I was just thinking…”

“Yes, it seems quite sensible,” Giles agreed. He made his way to her, and they both grabbed Angel, helping him stay on his feet as they all vacated the premises.

Yay, Spike!!!!!!!!!!! And he was talking about times they'd been sick, mmmmm...

Let me say this, I've never watched Buffy before. However, I am still loving this story very much. So much that I think I will have to check out the show. :] Love this story and that you're able to update everyday. Can't wait to read more. :]

Part 29!

Willow walked down the sidewalk. After all the vampire fighting last night, school had been a relief, marred by only one disappointing fact – Oz wasn’t there. It had left Willow feeling pretty low; last night had been filled with lots of scary danger that really hadn’t paid off, since Spike still got away, and she’d really been looking forward to seeing Oz.

So, here she was. Willow came to a stop on the steps of a nice-looking house. She rang the bell and forced a smile, trying to look confident, as a man came to the door. “Yeah?” he asked.

“Mr. Osbourne?” Willow said. “Hi, I’m – I’m a friend of O – of – of Daniel’s. I’m, uh, Willow.”

He gave her a cursory glance. “Dan’s sick today,” he said.

“I know!” Willow replied. “Well, I mean, I figured. I – he wasn’t in school today, so I – I just sort of assumed.” This wasn’t coming out at all like she’d rehearsed on the walk over. She clumsily unzipped her backpack to show Mr. Osbourne the cache of textbooks. “I brought him some homework,” she mumbled quietly.

“Oh,” Mr. Osbourne said. “All right, come in.” He turned and walked inside, leaving the door open for Willow.

Willow and Mr. Osbourne stood awkwardly in the living room. “…Can I see Dan?” Willow finally asked. “For a few minutes, I mean.”

“Right,” Mr. Osbourne replied. “Sure.” He gestured to an adjoining hall. “First door on the right.”

“Thanks,” Willow said. She started for the hall.

“Oh, and Maple?” Mr. Osbourne added.

Willow turned. It was on the tip of her tongue to point out that he’d called her by the wrong tree, but, not surprisingly, she chickened out. “Yeah?”

“Don’t wake him up if he’s sleeping, okay?” Mr. Osbournce said.

Willow nodded. “I won’t.” Quietly, she put her hand on the doorknob and opened the door a crack.

Oz, sitting on his bed, looked up. “Willow,” he said. He’d been playing his guitar, which he now held in front of him to hide his boxers. “What’s up?” he asked, plucking a pair of sweatpants from a pile of clothes on his floor. He sniffled as he yanked them on with one hand, keeping the guitar in the other.

Willow stared at her feet and stammered until Oz was wearing pants. “Willow?” Oz prompted.

“I, uh… homework!” Willow blurted out.

Oz frowned. “Cobe agaid?”

“I – I brought you, uh, some homework,” Willow sputtered out.

“Hey, thadks,” Oz said. He leaned his guitar against the wall and sat down on the bed. “How was your weekedd?”

“Pretty good – same old, same old,” Willow said, since she couldn’t exactly talk about near-death-by-vampire experiences.

Oz didn’t look too bad. He was kind of pale and there were tissues scattered on the floor by his bed, but he seemed a lot further from death’s doorstep than Willow had been imagining. All day at school, she’d pictured Oz confined to his bed, miserable and possibly delirious. To be perfectly honest, it annoyed her just a little that she’d gotten all worked up about it.

“Wil?” Oz said, looking at her.

Right – talking good. “Sorry,” Willow said. “I just – how are you feeling?”

“Be? Okay, I guess,” Oz said.

“Yeah?” Willow replied.

Oz nodded, sniffling. “By throat kide of hurts, add I’ve bed s-sneezing… a lot…” He grabbed a tissue from the box on his nightstand. “Heh-uh-SHUHHHH! Case id poit.” He sniffed.

“You’re pretty sick, huh?” Willow asked, feeling guilty again.

“Doh,” Oz assured her. “I was pretty sick yesterday, but today’s dot so bad. It’s just by dad – I kide of had a fever this bording, add he was sort of mad at me addyway.”

“Mad?” Willow asked, frowning. “How come?”

Oz shrugged. “Yesterday he found out I was sick, and he was all, ‘Why dod’t you tell be these things?’ He stresses sobetibes.”

“You didn’t tell your dad you were sick?” Willow asked.

“It didn’t cobe up,” Oz replied. Well, Willow certainly felt better about being slow to realize Oz was sick. It may have taken her a while, but she figured it out four days faster than Mr. Osbourne!

“So y… Huh-Chiuhh!” Oz pressed his nose into the crook of his arm. “Sorry – so you’re feeling better?”

“Oh!” Willow said. “Yeah – all better. And you’re not! Sorry.”

“Dod’t sweat it,” Oz told her. “It’s doh big deal. I oughta be back id school toborrow. That’ll be good – by dad gets kide of weird whed he dohs I’be sick. He calls be ‘champ.’”

A smile played at Willow’s lips. “‘Champ’?” she asked.

“I bead, don’t get be wrong,” Oz said. “It’s better thad ‘sport’, but still.” He picked up his guitar and started strumming absentmindedly. “So cad you hang out for a while, or do you have to get going?”

“No!” Willow exclaimed. “No, I can hang.”

“Cool,” Oz said. “Take a load off.” Willow sat where he indicated, on the bed beside him. She watched him play and told him about school.

Oz stopped playing suddenly, in mid-strum. His body tensed, and he turned from Willow. “Heh-uh-SHUHHHH!” he sneezed into his shoulder.

“Bless you!” Willow said quickly.

Sniffling, Oz grabbed a fresh tissue. “Thadks,” he replied.

There was a knock, and then Mr. Osbourne entered the room, carrying a sandwich on a plate. “Hey there,” he said, ignoring Willow. “How’re ya feeling, champ?”

Oz stole a glance at Willow, who was trying not to giggle. “Dot too bad,” he said.

“Well, I thought you might be hungry,” Mr. Osbourne said, holding the plate out.

“Cool,” Oz replied. “Thadks.”

Mr. Osbourne eyed Oz and Willow skeptically, but he set the plate on Oz’s nightstand. “You’re not too worn out?”

“Daw,” Oz said. “It’s okay – Willow won’t stay too long.”

“All right,” Mr. Osbourne replied. He left the room, and Willow started to giggle.

“What’d I tell you?” Oz said. He grabbed the plate off his nightstand. “You wadt half a grilled cheese sandwich?”

“Sure,” Willow said. They both took a triangle and began to eat.

Part 30. This is the end of the story.

“Spike!” Drusilla called in her sing-song voice. “When you gettin’ up to play?”

“Dot dow, Dru,” Spike told her, his voice muffled beneath his pillow.

“You going to sleep the night away?” Drusilla asked.

Spike growled a little. “Id case you haven’t heard, we were a bit busy here yesterday.” He coughed, muffling the noise in his mattress.

“What’s it to you?” Drusilla asked. “I know my Spikey didn’t do any fighting – his legs are spaghetti, and he can’t keep up with the other kiddies.”

“Sod off!” Spike demanded, surly.

“Temper, temper!” Drusilla replied. “I’m going for a hunt, and I won’t bring you any sweeties.”

“Fide!” Spike said. “See if I care!” He lay still until he heard her leave, then let out a loud “Heh-CHOOO-uhhh!” He sniffled darkly. “Bloody Adegel,” he groused. “I’ll kill hib!”

Angel coughed a little as he came to the door. He smiled when he opened it and saw Buffy standing in the hall. “Borning,” he said. “You od you way to school?”

“How are you feeling?” Buffy asked.

“All right,” Angel replied. “I thidk I’be finally starting to feel a little better.”

“That’s good,” Buffy said.

Angel studied her face. Something was off – he’d noticed the way she’d sidestepped his question earlier. “How are you?” he asked carefully.

His studied look caught Buffy off guard. Her face flushed, and she stammered a little before letting out a deep sigh. She sniffled.

Angel held his arm out to Buffy. “Cobe on in,” he said.

Buffy allowed him to gather her up. “Heh-ih-SHOOO-uh!” she sneezed, stopping to catch it in her hand. She whimpered a bit.

“Bless you,” Angel said, bending down to kiss the top of Buffy’s head. “Did you wake up sick this borning?”

Buffy nodded. “It’s so gross!”

Angel chuckled a little, then stifled a cough. “I doh the feeling,” he said. He sniffed, rubbing his nose.

“Add my head’s all plugged up – I feel awful!” Buffy complained.

“It happens,” Angel commented. He gave her shoulder a squeeze. “Why dod’t you hop idto bed? I’ll be there id a sec.”

Buffy nodded unhappily. She made her way to the bed, sniffling, while Angel filled a glass with water from the tap. “Here you go,” Angel said, offering her the water.

“Thadks,” Buffy said with a cough. She took a long drink while Angel pulled the covers over her legs. A sudden tickle irritated the back of Angel’s throat, and he started coughing. “Here – Adegel,” Buffy said. She slid across the bed and held the water glass to his lips so he could drink.

“Better?” Buffy asked when Angel’s coughs quieted. He nodded. “Okay.”

Angel set the glass on the nightstand and climbed into bed beside Buffy. “You dod’t have to do that,” Buffy protested. “If you’re feeling better, I bead. You d… Hih-eh-SHhhhh! You dod’t have to stay id bed all day for by sake.”

“I’be always id bed all day,” Angel reminded her. “Vampire.”

Buffy blushed. “Cad we pretend I didn’t say that?”

“Sure,” Angel replied. “Sick days get a free pass. Hah-shoooo-uhh!” Angel pressed a hand to his nose to muffle a strong sneeze. “Ugh…” He reached for his handkerchief on the nightstand.

Buffy moved to Angel, sniffling. “Bless you,” she murmured drowsily.

“Thanks,” Angel replied. He put his arm around Buffy, and she snuggled into him, resting her head on his chest. Together, in each other’s arm, they fell asleep.

Thanks for reading, everybody! Hope you enjoyed it!

TOOOO cute. And I got a Spike sneeze! Life is good, although I will miss this :P

All the parts were brillant and I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you so much for writing it!!! :]

Archived