Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hell of a Cold - (30 Parts)

angora48

Awesome now angel has the cold!!!! This story just keeps getting better and better! Can't wait for you to get back and add even more to this amazing story!!!!!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL. Unexpected.

My head tells me, wait, vampires can't get colds! But my heart tells me, screw that, what kind of fantasy world would that be?

I hope this means they can attack Spike with germ warfare, since he's somewhat vulnerable at the moment :)

Hello again! I'm back home, in front of my computer, and I come bearing updates!

MusicaDiabolos, I know what you mean. Logically, I understand that vampires probably wouldn't catch colds, but where's the fun in that? I like to torture humans and monsters alike. :blushing:

Here's Part 19:

Buffy sprang into action at the sound of her alarm. She leaped up from her place on the floor and scrambled to her night stand so she could turn it off.

Not quick enough – Angel stretched as his eyes blinked sleepily open. “Sorry,” Buffy said with a wince.

Angel cleared his throat lethargically. “Buffy?” he murmured.

“Hey,” Buffy said in a soft voice, sitting down on the edge of the bed. “How are you feeling?”

Angel coughed roughly into his hands. “Dot great,” he admitted, stuffed up. “Heh-i-uh-CHOOO-uh!” He groaned a little, wiping off his nose with his palm. Buffy grabbed a Kleenex from the box on the night stand and handed it to him. “Thadk you,” he said.

“So, in case you haven’t figured it out, you’re staying her today,” Buffy told him.

“Right,” Angel said, sniffling into the Kleene. “Sud’s up.”

“Sure – that’s it,” Buffy replied, rolling her eyes. “It has absolutely nothing to do with you looking like you can’t stand on your feet.” Angel gave her a weary smile, resigned. “Do you want me to stay, too? I could tell my mom I’m sick.”

“That’s okay,” Angel told her. “I’ll, eh… Ah... Heh-ih-chuhhh!” He threw the crook of his arm up to his face and sneezed. “I’ll be fide,” he finished with a sniffle.

“You sure?” Buffy asked. “You think you remember how to be sick?”

“Buffy,” Angel said, fidgeting a little. Buffy wasn’t used to seeing her stoic, 240-year-old boyfriend behaving so self-consciously.

“Relax – I’m teasing,” she assured him. “I gotta get ready for school. Feel better.” She bent down to kiss his forehead, but Angel turned away.

“Buffy, dod’t – I’be sick,” he mumbled.

“Gee, what gave it away?” Buffy teased lightly.

“I’be serious,” Angel told her.

Buffy pouted. “You’re no fun,” she said.

“I’ll see you later,” Angel said pointedly.

Fine,” Buffy said with exaggerated disappointment. “I’ll be back as soon as school gets out.” She headed for the door, blowing Angel a kiss on her way out.

Buffy and Willow sat in the library, watching Giles sort books and waiting for the others to arrive. “S… Eh-hi-uh-Chiuhhh!” Giles sneezed into his handkerchief. “Excuse be – dreadfully sorry. So, you’re saying that Adegel has actually codtracted the sabe cold we’re all suffering frob?”

“That or he’s just jealous of all the attention,” Xander said as he and Cordelia entered the room.

“How is he?” Willow asked Buffy.

“Pretty sick,” Buffy said, biting her lip. “I think he slept okay, but he was coughing most of the night.”

“A sedsation I’be all too fabiliar with, I’be afraid,” Giles said ruefully. He took out his handkerchief and held it over his mouth to cover a few coughs.

“How do you doh? Did he keep you up?” Xander asked Buffy. “That jerk!”

“Wait, so you weren’t kidding?” Cordelia said to Xander. “Angel is sick?! How does that work?”

“Way to keep up, Cordy,” Xander quipped.

“Adegel said that it’s rare for vabpires to get sick, but it’s not ibpossible,” Willow explained.

“Yes,” Giles said. “Doh creature – living or ud-dead, it would seeb – is ibbude to the cobbud cold. Heh-ih-shiuhhh! Goodness.” He dabbed at his nose with his handkerchief.

“Do vabpires at least bounce back quickly?” Xander asked.

“Buch like with hubads, it deppeds od the vabpire,” Giles told him. “You, for example, seeb to be well od the mend.”

“The odd sniffle here add there,” Xander said, but otherwise I’m doing good.”

“Finally!” Cordelia exclaimed. At Buffy’s confused look, she added, “What? I didn’t like Xander being sick. It was… annoying! Annoying. Right – totally bugged me.”

“Very well,” Giles said, half-listening. “Add Willow? How are you faring?”

“I’be okay,” Willow replied. “By dose is still being ornery, but I should be better id a day or two.”

“Ah – good to hear,” Giles said. “I ought to be able to recover id the sabe abount of tibe.” He turned away and brought an arm to his face, muffling deep coughs.

“You sure about that?” Buffy asked. “You’re looking kind of death-warmed-over-y.”

“Par for the course,” Giles told her. “It’s by usual process – I spend a few days as sick as a dog, but I always get over it quickly.”

“Lucky you,” Xander commented.

“Perhaps,” Giles responded, “but od days like today, I d… I d…. Heh-ih-chiuhhh!” He mopped up his dripping nose with his handkerchief. “…I dod’t feel so lucky,” he finished.

“I doh how that goes,” Xander said.

“Id addy case,” Giles went on, “I’be rebiss to put off our planned attack buch longer.” He sniffed and cleared his throat. “I think it would be best to carry out the abbush over the weekedd – todight is probably too early, but Saturday or Sudday should be doable.”

“What about Angel?” Buffy countered.

Giles sighed. He removed his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose. “We’ll hope for the best, but I dod’t doh how buch longer it would be prudent to wait.”

“We’ll back you up, Buff,” Xander said. “We don’t deed Ange…. Eh-CHOOO-uh!” He sneezed into his fist.

“Way to instill confidence, Xander,” Buffy replied.

“Dode of that dow,” Giles said. “Let’s try to be optibistic add do what we cad to –” sputtering coughs. He turned away. “Pardod – let’s do what we cad to prepare for the task at hand. Dow, I’ll boste likely return hobe whed school lets out today, but I’d like addywod who feels well eduff to stay add bake stakes. Buffy, Cordelia – Xander?”

“Sure – I’ll be good,” Xander said.

“I cad probably stay for a little while,” Willow added.

“It’s up to you,” Giles told her.

“I was gonna go home after school and check on Angel!” Buffy protested. “Can’t they do it without me?”

Giles’s mouth formed a tight frown as he rubbed his forehead. “Attend to your duties, Buffy,” he advised. The morning bell rang, and he brought a hand to his temple. “Oh, for the love of… Get to class. I’ll see you all later.”

“See you, Giles,” Xander said, jumping to his feet.

“Take it easy,” Willow told him.

The gang headed off to their morning classes. “He won’t be here this afterdoon,” Willow reminded Buffy. “If you wadda take off, we’ll cover for you.”

“Thanks, Wil,” Buffy said with a relieved smile. “I’m just worried about him, you know? I mean, can you imagine being sick for the first time in 40 years?”

Willow shook her head. “Of course, I’be imagide being 40, period, so…”

Buffy smiled. “How’s Oz? Have you talked to him?”

“He’s says he’s okay – whatever that beans,” Willow said glumly. “He looks pretty out of it.”

Buffy winced sympathetically. “That’s too bad.”

“Yeah,” Willow said. “But I think he had a good tibe last dight, right? Do you think he had a good tibe?”

“Beats me,” Buffy admitted. “I’ve got my own inscrutable boyfriend to analyze; I can’t even begin to start on Oz.”

“We haven’t kissed or addything,” Willow confided. “Is that dorbal? You think there’s a reason he’s waiting?”

“Considering that you’re both human snot machines right now, it’s probably not happening in the immediate future,” Buffy teased. “And as for normal? Angel has a bicentennial – we’re not so much with the normal.”

“I guess you’re right,” Willow said sheepishly. “Heh… eh-hih-eh-shooo!” She sneezed, pulling a Kleenex from her pocket just in time.

“Bless you,” Buffy said. “You sure you’ll be good for stake-making today?”

“I’ll be okay,” Willow told her. “It’s just by nose – I don’t feel tired or headachy or anything.”

“Good,” Buffy said. They entered Mrs. Lennix’s room just before the second bell. Buffy prepared herself for a long day of not paying a lick of attention to any of her teachers. She was physically at school – there was no getting around that – but her mind was firmly entrenched in her bedroom, and she couldn’t imagine it leaving any time soon.

I loooooove this! But then you already knew that :blushing: Poor Giles. I just want to hug him. I'd also like to jump Angel's bones, but Buffy will do that for me I'm sure. :blushing:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! Thank you so much for adding more ! You rock! I hope you continue to add more and more parts. Again thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :kisslips::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:

Good morning! Here's Part 20.

Ordinarily, Oz didn’t mind having gym last hour, but at the end of a very long day, it was a little less than fun. He was plagued by an overall sickly feeling, he was congested, and he had a sneaking suspicion that any semi-strenuous activity would make him start coughing. Plus, he was wearing shorts in school; there was nothing good about that.

Oz had been feeling pretty bad all day. His nose had given him a lot of trouble, and he hadn’t had much of an appetite at lunch. A persistent cough had kept him up a good chunk of the night. He was debating whether or not he wanted to blow off band practice that afternoon.

Mr. Madsen clapped his hands loudly. “Come on, let’s get stretching!” she shouted. Oz stretched lethargically, half-hearted, as he rubbed his nose to keep from sniffling. He skipped the whole touching-his-toes thing – he figured it wouldn’t exactly do much for his headache.

“All right, ladies,” Mr. Madsen said – he was the sort of man who called both guys and girls ‘ladies’. “We’re doing laps today: walking, jogging, running, and sprinting. I’ll tell you when to do what.” Joyous. Oz mentally prepared himself for the fresh hell before him.

They started out walking, thankfully. Oz fell in with Willow and her friends. He wiped his nose and sniffled. “Okay,” Xander was saying, “ab I the only one who dies a little inside every tibe he calls me a lady?”

“It’s actually not that effective for girls,” Buffy told her.

Willow giggled. “Yeah – it just doesn’t pack the sabe punch.”

Madsen blew her whistle. “Jog!” he yelled. Oz slowly accelerated. He fell a little bit behind Willow and company, but not by much – he could still hear them chattering away.

Willow seemed to be feeling a lot better; that was good. Her voice was kind of raspy and she sniffled a lot, but her nose wasn’t so red and she seemed more upbeat than she’d been the past few days. Oz was grateful. It wasn’t much fun to see her feeling sick and gloomy. Now, Willow was jogging without any difficulty, laughing with Buffy. It was nice to see her pretty much back to her old self.

A sharp tickle played at Oz’s nostrils. He slowed to a stop as he sneezed a forceful “Heh-CHOO-uhhh!” into his hands. Willow turned around, giving Oz a quizzical look. He wiped his hands on his shorts and smiled at her, trying to be reassuring. He went back to jogging.

When they started running, Oz sped up, but almost imperceptibly. His head throbbed each time his foot hit the ground, and he was breathing a little more shallowly. His nose was getting itchy again, too. He extricated himself from the throng and slowed down, waiting until he sneezed or the sensation went away. He rubbed his nose hard with his finger.

“Move it, Osbourne!” Madsen shouted.

With a slight grimace,” Oz looked up at the lights, prompting his nose. “Ih-shiuhhh! Heh-eh-chiuhhh! Hah-CHUHHH!” Sniffling wetly, he rejoined the group.

Oz made no attempt to do anything resembling sprinting when Mr. Madsen told them to sprint. He was painfully aware that less than ten minutes of class had passed. He still had a long way to go, and he was already despising it. He trudged along, biding his time until Madsen said to walk again.

After what seemed like far too long, Mr. Madsen gave them the go-ahead and Oz slowed to a walk. He was breathing heavily now.

“Hey,” Willow said, coming up from behind. She and her friends had lapped him.

“Oh – hey,” Oz replied. Already starting to sweat – he wiped his brow with the back of his wrist.

“How are you doing?” she asked. Buffy and Xander were walking a little bit faster than Oz was, but Willow had slowed down to keep pace with him.

“Okay,” Oz told her. He sniffed.

Willow looked at him carefully. “You sure?”

“Yeah,” Oz said. “I just have kide of a stuffy dose.”

“Do you still have a sore throat?” Willow asked; she must have heard the weakness in his voice.

“Uh huh,” Oz replied. “Heh-eh…ih-SHIUHHH!” He bent at the waist as he sneezed forcefully into the crook of his arm.

“Bless you!” Willow exclaimed. “Baybe you should’ve stayed hobe today.”

“Doh,” Oz assured her. “Dod’t worry – I’be fide.”

Mr. Madsen blew his whistle again, the tyrant. “Jog!” he shouted.

“Wil – cobe on!” Xander yelled.

Willow gave Oz an unsure look. “Catch you later,” Oz told her.

“Okay,” Willow finally replied. She got moving and caught up with Xander and Buffy.

This time around, jogging agreed with Oz even less. It wasn’t long before a tickle flared up in the back of his throat. He coughed hard, twice, trying to get rid of it, but it was no good. The irritation wouldn’t go away, and he soon had to stop running. Hands on his bent knees, Oz coughed deeply from his chest, unable to catch his breath. He felt a little lightheaded and shuffled to the edge of the room, where he could use the wall to support himself. He did his best to muffle the sound of his coughing.

Suddenly, Willow was beside Oz. “Are you okay?” she asked, concerned. Unable to speak, Oz nodded, coughing heavily.

“Maybe you should sit dowd,” Willow advised. “You dod’t look so good. Do you deed some water? I could –”

“I just – I deed – catch by breath,” Oz sputtered between coughs.

“Hey!” Mr. Madsen shouted, striding across the gym. “Rosenberg, Osbourne! Get a move on!”

“Just hold od!” Willow yelled back. “It’s okay,” she encouraged Oz. “Deep breaths.” From the corner of his eye, Oz could see that Buffy and Xander had stopped running, too. They watched him; delightful.

“You ladies having a tea party?” Madsen asked as he approached.

“He’s sick, Mr. Madsen,” Willow protested.

“Well, that’s too bad for him,” Madsen replied. “Come on – let’s go! You don’t get graded for standing around.”

“You’re not being fair!” Willow insisted.

“It’s all right,” Oz said in a low voice. The coughing had quieted down; he could take long breaths. “I’be good – I’be ready.”

“Good,” Madsen said. “You two get going.”

Willow frowned. “But Mr. Madsen, don’t you think he should –?”

“Cobe od,” Oz told her. He grabbed Willow’s arm and pulled her back in with the others.

“What a beanie,” Willow muttered as she resumed running.

Oz “ran”, so slowly it probably looked like he was running through molasses. He felt a little shaky, and his head pounded. Thirty-five minutes of class to go.

That settled it. He was definitely skipping band practice.

Poor Oz!:D I had coach just like that! Still loving the story and the meanie coach only makes it better :P please keep writing more!

Part 21 - glad everyone's enjoying themselves! :D

Buffy softly headed down the hall to her bedroom. It was a little after 3:30, and Willow had offered to stay back at school and make stakes, figuring that Buffy would be too distracted to get much done. She’d guessed right.

Noiselessly, Buffy unlocked her bedroom door. Her mother didn’t normally come home during the day, but the off-chance that she did, Buffy hadn’t wanted her walking in and happening upon a sleeping Angel in Buffy’s bed. That was a conversation Buffy just didn’t want to have. So, uncharacteristically, she’d locked her door before leaving for school.

Now, she tiptoed in. Her room was dark and quiet – a few sniffles from Angel were the only sounds. Buffy slipped off her backpack and crept over to the bed. Angel seemed to be sound asleep, but he wore a slightly pained expression that Buffy didn’t like. He coughed a little and shifted his position.

Buffy sat down on the side of the bed and brushed Angel’s hair back from his forehead. The wastebasket she’d placed by the nightstand was about half full of Kleenexes, and a few had wound up on the floor instead. She bent down to throw them away.

“Heh-i-ih-CHOOO-eh!” Angel raised one of his hands and sneezed into it as his head rocked forward a little. His eyelids fluttered open, and he propped himself up on his elbows. He looked around, bleary-eyed.

“Hey,” Buffy said, rising to her feet as she dropped Angel’s stray Kleenexes in the wastebasket. “How’s it going?”

“Could you turn the light od?” Angel asked in a strained voice. He ran a hand through his messy hair.

“Sure,” Buffy said. She strode across the room and flicked on the light switch. When she turned back, Angel was on his feet, slipping into his shirt. “And what do we think we’re doing?” she asked with mock sternness.

“Pretty buch the obvious,” Angel told her. “Dressing byself.” He coughed into the crook of his arm.

“Well, I guess that’s okay,” Buffy teased. “I was worried you were going to bolt.”

“Dot dow,” Angel replied. “There’s a bit of a probleb.”

“Right – sunlight,” Buffy said.

“Uh huh,” Angel said. “I bay dot like being sick, but it’s dot dearly as bad as being od fire.” He covered his mouth. “Hah-eh-CHUHHH!” With a sniffle, he wiped his nose and reached for a fresh Kleenex.

“Ooh – gesundheit,” Buffy said.

“Thadk you – I should go, though,” Angel went on, “once it gets dark. You cad get be out of your way.”

“What?” Buffy exclaimed. “You’re not in my way.”

“Doh, of course dot,” Angel replied. “I’be just id your roob, sleeping id your bed.” He sniffed hard. “I’ll head back to by place come dightfall.” He seemed to lose his balance then – he swayed a little and grabbed the headboard to steady himself.

“Whoa!” Buffy cried, hurrying over to him. “Here, sit down.”

“A little dizzy,” Angel admitted in a husky voice.

“Sit down,” Buffy repeated gently. With a hand on his shoulder, she steered him to the bed and made him sit. “You feel – I don’t know,” she said, putting her hand on his neck. “Not like yourself. Wait here; I’m getting the thermometer.”

“Buffy –” Angel tried to protest, but Buffy was already out the door.

When Buffy returned, she gave Angel a stern look. “I’m going to take your temperature,” she informed him.

“You dod’t deed to do that,” Angel insisted.

“I would be too sure about that, Mr. Last-Time-I-Was-Sick-Was-Before-the-Red-Scare,” Buffy replied. “I know a little bit more about this stuff than you do. Now, open up.”

With a resigned look, Angel took the thermometer from Buffy and stuck it under his tongue. They waited awkwardly.

When the thermometer started to beep, Buffy grabbed it and took a look. “Okay, let’s see wh– that can’t be right…”

“What is it?” Angel asked. He wriggled his nose.

“72.2,” Buffy said, showing him the thermometer. “I don’t know what it means, but it can’t be good.”

“Buffy – vabpire,” Angel reminded her. “We’re roob tebperature. Your –” He broke off, coughing. “Ugh, excuse be – your roob bust be about 72 degrees.”

“Oh,” Buffy said. “That makes sense.” She grinned sheepishly. “I’ll just put this back.” She ran back to the bathroom, washed off the thermometer, and returned it to the medicine cabinet.

On her way back to her room, Buffy caught sight of the thermostat in the hallway. “Hey,” she said, “It’s only 70.”

“What?” Angel replied.

“It’s only 70 degrees in here, not 72,” Buffy explained, stepping into the room.

Angel frowned. “What do you bead?” he asked.

“I mean, you have a temperature, and you’re not going anywhere,” Buffy told him.

“Oh,” Angel replied. He coughed hard into his fist. “Od second though, that bight be a good idea.”

“Of course it is,” Buffy said. She scrambled onto her bed and sat with her back against the headboard. “Come on – lay down.” Dutifully, Angel sank back onto the mattress. Buffy gently guided his head to her lap.

“You hungry?” Buffy asked as she fingered Angel’s hair lightly. “I could stop by your place later if you have any blood in your refrigerator.”

“That’s all right,” Angel said. “I don’t have buch of ad appetite. Ah-Chiuhhh!”

“Bless you,” Buffy said, ignoring the irony of saying that phrase to a vampire. She reached over to the nightstand and grabbed Angel a Kleenex.

“Thadks,” Angel said as he wiped off his nose and his hands. “How was your day?”

Buffy gave him a wry smile. “You really wanna know?”

“Pids and deedless,” Angel assured her. “Just don’t be bad if I fall asleep od you.”

“Got it,” Buffy said. “Well, the guys and I met at the library before school – Giles is so sick right now. You should see it; he looks way more undead than you ever do. And then I went to English…” Angel fell asleep with his head in Buffy’s lap, listening to her recount her day.

Awww! Angel and Oz are so freakin adorable :hug::wub: :wub: I'm still waiting for Buffy though ^_^ Thank you sooo much for all of these updates!!!

Good morning! Here's Part 22.

Xander pressed the Summers’ doorbell a good twenty times. Willow stood beside him, keeping a lookout and bouncing nervously on her heels. Cordelia, in the car, was ready to take off at a moment’s notice.

It was Buffy’s mother who came to the door, a perplexed look on her face. “Xander, Willow,” she said. “What’s go–?”

“Hey, Bissus Subbers,” Xander said, speaking rapidly. “Is Buffy there?”

“Buffy?” Mrs. Summers asked, frowning. “She’s in her room. Is everything –?”

“Okay, thanks!” Xander exclaimed. He and Willow raced past her and up the stair.

Xander and Willow skidded to a stop in front of Buffy’s room. Willow knocked on the door. “Just – um, just a minute!” Buffy called. “Just hang on, Mom! I’m, uh… naked!”

“Really?” Xander commented.

“Buffy, it’s us!” Willow replied. She stifled a little cough.

“…Oh,” Buffy said. They heard the sound of the door unlocking, and Buffy poked her head out. “What’s up, guys? Is everything okay? You have urgent face.”

“Cordelia was driving back frob the library,” Xander explained breathlessly. “Cebetery on Holland Avedue – three dew vamps.”

“Already?” Buffy asked. “The sun just went down. Part of the Spike Squad?”

“W… heh-i-eh-chi-uhhh!” Wilow sneezed. “We saw sobe of his guys hanging around the crypts,” she finished, sniffling. “Dot all of theb, though.”

“Shoot – that probably means they’ve got minions rising in multiple locales,” Buffy grumbled. “Give me two minutes; I’ll get weapons.”

“Cordy cad take us,” Xander told her. “She’s got the car outside.”

“Great,” Buffy said, stepping inside her room and motioning for them to follow. “You guys good?”

“I’be with you,” Xander said.

“You sure?” Buffy asked. She pulled a duffel bag out of her closet and started throwing stakes, crosses, and a few daggers inside. “You’re okay?”

“Healthy as a horse that’s getting over a cold,” Xander replied.

“Buffy?” Angel asked, struggling a little to sit up in bed. “What’s going od?” He put his fist over his mouth and coughed.

“Run-of-the-mill vamp action,” Buffy told him reassuringly. “No big.”

Angel pushed Buffy’s sheets to the foot of the bed. “I should –”

“You should stay right where you are,” Buffy retorted. “I don’t want to worrying about you getting dusted because your nose picks the wrong time to get itchy.” She stood up, hefting the duffel bag onto her shoulder. “How ‘bout you, Wil? What’s the verdict, health-wise?”

Willow looked down at her feet self-consciously. “I kide of don’t think I should go,” she said in a quiet voice. “I bean, I’m better than I’ve bed, but I’m still kide of –”

“Got it – say no more,” Buffy told her.

“I’be sorry,” Willow said. She rubbed her nose and sniffed.

“Don’t be,” Buffy insisted. “It works out. You can stay here and keep an eye on Angel.”

“I dod’t deed watching,” Angel protested. “Ah… eh… i-uh-CHOOO-uhh!” He held a hand over his nose.

“You were saying?” Buffy responded wryly, handing him a fresh Kleenex. She turned back to Willow. “I mean, if you wanted to just go home, that’s fine, but I’d really appreciate it if –”

“I cad stay,” Willow said quickly. “Doh problem.”

“Thanks, Wil,” Buffy said. “It’s just, he has a little fever and –”

“Buffy, don’t worry about it,” Willow told her. “Frob here on out, I ab officially on Angel duty.”

“Great,” Buffy said with a relieved smile. She moved to the bed and rubbed Angel’s cheek affectionately. “I’ll be back as soon as I can.” Angel gave her a resigned nod. Buffy stood back up and joined Xander at the door. “Let’s go.”

Until tomorrow! :D

Tank u tank u tank!! I love it when u update this awesome story! You are totally awesome

Aw, you guys are too kind. :drool: Here's Part 23 (I warned you that was insanely long!).

Xander leaped out of the way of a snarling vampire. “Buffy, look out!” he called. It was typical of his contributions to the mission so far – yell for Buffy, run away, repeat.

“I got him!” Buffy shouted, leaping onto the creature’s back. Hanging onto him like a bronco, Buffy got an arm over his shoulder so she could stake him in the chest. As the vampire turned to ash, Buffy hit the ground, just barely landing on her feet. “Yeah – stuck the landing!” she exclaimed.

“That’s great, Buff,” Xander replied. “Vabpire!” He backed away as Buffy took a running leap and kicked another one in the head. Spike’s two henchvamps who were still undead turned tail and fled.

“Yeah, you’d better run!” Buffy shouted. She turned to Xander. “Do I have ashes in my hair?”

“You’re okay,” Xander told her, sniffling.

“Good,” Buffy replied. “Angel’s been sneezing enough as it is.” She stooped down to pick up a loose stake. “Well, that’s five slain newlydeads, and three of Spike’s goons. I’d say we’ve made our meaningful contribution of the night.”

“Speak for yourself, Buff,” Xander said. He coughed a little into the crook of his arm. “I might have actually dud less than duthing.”

“Oh, come on!” Buffy protested. “You’re my extra eyes – you watch my back.”

“Whatever,” Xander said. “I’m just glad we’re done for the night. I’m wiped.”

“Tell me about it,” Buffy said. “I wanna get back to Angel.”

“Then again, baybe we should do one bore sweep,” Xander said quickly. “Wouldn’t wanna biss any late risers!”

“I think we’re good,” Buffy told him. “Come on – let’s go.”

“Great,” Xander muttered. He couldn’t believe he preferred being chased by vampires over the thought of Buffy taking care of a sick Angel, but it was true just the same.

Willow’s nose was bugging her. She reached for a tissue from the box on Buffy’s nightstand. “Hah-eh-uhh-Choo!” she sneezed, trying to keep the noise muffled. She blew her nose as quietly as possible.

Angel stirred in bed, coughing. His eyelids lifted heavily. “Buffy…?” he mumbled with a congested sniff.

Willow closed the textbook in her lap and walked over to the bed. “Buffy’s still out,” she explained. “You doing okay?”

“Heh…” Angel buried his face in the bed sheets. “Heh-uhCHOO-uhh! Hih-Chuhhh!” He sniffled and coughed. “Whed is she cobing back?”

“I don’t doh?” Willow admitted. “Cad I get you addything?”

Angel shook his head as he sank back onto the pillow. He rubbed his nose glumly. Willow wished there was something she could do to cheer him up. She knew Angel wasn’t usually Mr. Jolly anyway, but she didn’t like to see him looking so unhappy.

A sudden knock at the door startled Willow. “Wil, let us in!” came Xander’s voice on the other side.

“Oh!” Willow exclaimed. She hurried to the door and unlocked it. “How was – the fight...?” she asked, trailing off as Buffy made a beeline straight for Angel.

“Uh huh,” Buffy said distractedly. “How are you feeling?” she asked Angel, placing her hand on his forehead.

“I’be all right,” Angel told her.

“Oh, whatever, you big liar,” Buffy countered teasingly. “Does your throat hurt?”

“Doh,” Angel replied. “By chest hurts a little.”

“What?” Buffy said. She whirled around and gave Willow a questioning look.

“Sore muscles, probably,” Willow suggested. “He’s bed coughing a lot.”

“Yeah,” Angel assured Buffy. “It’s duthing.”

Buffy smoothed Angel’s hair and lightly rubbed his chest. “Let’s see if we can’t get you feeling better,” she said.

Willow knew when she was being a third wheel. “Come od,” she told Xander, taking his arm.

“You sure?” Xander protested. “I’m pretty sure we have to debrief or sobething. Maybe Buffy should go over to Giles’s add tell him about the vamps. He bight wanna send her out again. I mean –”

“I think Buffy’s put in her tibe,” Willow said pointedly. She’s got other work to do dow.” She wave goodbye to Buffy as she dragged Xander away.

DUDE. I don't know why I didn't read this before.

... okay it was the female. :lol:

I LOVE IT. And Angel is just so asdflkasdfa :drool:.

I'm also likin' the whole Xander thing.

PLUS I love Cordelia.

So, I know close to zip about Buffy, but I do know I quite enjoyed this! ^_^

obsessed, I'm not normally into female fics, either. The only time I've included female sneezing in previous fics was as a jumping off point, a means of infecting the one I REALLY wanted to torture. :P But I think there's just something about Joss Whedon shows that makes me a little bit bi - I always wind up crushing on the entire cast. :)

Anyway, Part 24!

Buffy stretched on the floor, yawning sleepily. The morning sunlight felt warm on her face; she could lie there all…

Sunlight. Buffy scrambled up and saw the sunlight streaming in her window. The shades were open. She froze in a panic.

Only for a moment. Then Buffy rushed to her bed, and, finding it empty, her head just about exploded. She threw back the covers. Nothing and no one was there. Her heart raced.

Nothing – not even ashes. Buffy tried to keep calm. Maybe Angel was in the bathroom. Did Angel use the bathroom? Buffy wasn’t sure; that particular bit of vampire logistics wasn’t something she was especially interested in finding out.

It was then that Buffy realized Angel’s shoes were gone. Finally, she started to get a grip. Angel hadn’t worn his shoes to bed, and while a vampire’s clothes burned up along with him in the sunlight, that only applied to the clothes he was actually wearing at the time. Buffy felt more than a little idiotic. Don’t you think Angel catching on fire in your bed might have set off the smoke alarm? she chided herself.

The whole puzzle came together when Buffy saw that the window was open. At last, she could breathe easily again. Angel must have gotten up before sunrise, dressed, and left for some reason, letting Buffy worry her brains out when she saw the open shades and thanks a lot, Angel! Angrily, Buffy threw open her closet door and grabbed herself some clothes. Sick or not, that vampire was getting a piece of her mind!

At Buffy’s pounding, Angel unlocked his door and poked a pale face out of his apartment. “Buffy?” he said with a concerned look. “What is it? Did sobething happen?”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were leaving?” Buffy demanded. “I wake up to an empty bed dappled in sunlight?! Are you kidding me? I thought you were dead! Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I didn’t wadt to wake you,” Angel explained, impervious to her raging. “I left a dote.”

This was news to Buffy. “A note?”

Angel nodded, wiping his nose. “Od the dightstand.”

Buffy felt most of her anger evaporate and was left feeling kind of dumb. “Oh… well, why’d you leave, anyway? That was sneaky of you, to split when I’m asleep and can’t make you stay in bed like’s you’re supposed to be.”

“I have a bed here that works just fide,” Angel reminded her. “Speaking of which…” He pushed the door all the way open to let Buffy inside. She followed him to his bed, where he sat down. He seemed a bit unsteady on his feet.

“You okay?” Buffy asked.

“A little shaky,” Angel told her. “By head… Ih-uh-CHOOO!” He clapped a hand over his mouth as he sneezed loudly. “Ugh…”

“Ooh! Gesundheit,” Buffy said. She looked about and found his apartment conspicuously without Kleenexes boxes.

“Yeah, I didded’t thidk to take theb wit hbe,” Angel admitted. “Heh-ih-echehh-UHHH!” He muffled his sneeze in the crook of his arm, sniffling wetly.

All anger and/or annoyance Buffy had had with Angel melted away. “I’ll get you some more,” she said softly, lifting Angel’s legs onto the mattress and pulling the covers over them.

“Thadks,” Angel replied. He coughed roughly and grimaced as he rubbed his chest a little. “I used to have a hadkerchief, but whed you go thirty or forty years without being sick, it teds to get lost.”

Buffy smiled; she loved him. “So, why the disappearing act?” she asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. “Don’t tell me this place is homier than mine, ‘cause you’d be lying.”

“I was hungry,” Angel told her. Buffy suddenly saw that there was a half-empty container of blood sitting on Angel’s nightstand.

“Oh! Right! Of course!” Buffy cried. “Our refrigerator, not so much stocked with the pig’s blood. Oh – did you want me to go? I could come back later.” She knew Angel didn’t like drinking blood in front of humans.

“It’s fide,” Angel told her.

But Buffy was having none of it. “No, you didn’t have anything all day yesterday,” she said. “You should eat! It’s okay. I’ll go out and get you some more Kleenexes, and when I come back, you’ll have a full belly.”

Angel gave her a weary smile. “You’re the best,” he said.

“You just remember that when my birthday comes around,” Buffy said, standing up as she smoothed down Angel’s covers. “Bon appétit.”

Archived