Sneeze Fetish Forum

Supernatural Sick Dean Fic - (14 Parts)

27jj

A/N: As I was writing this, I realized I have maybe one fic I’ve ever written (that’s longer than a couple thousand words) that has sick Dean. All the rest have just sick Sam or both of them sick. So this will be interesting…we’ll see if I can pull it off! I hope I can get the hang of sick Dean:) Oh and there’s some hurt!Sam and hurt!Dean too. Um what else…no spoilers, I don’t own Sam or Dean or Supernatural. Enjoy!

Sam unlocks the door with his left hand, nudges it open with his toe. He winces when his right hand brushes against his leg, sending a jolt of pain to his shoulder.

Behind him, Dean is doing his best to hide the fact that he’s clutching at his side as though he’s holding himself together. Sam drops his duffle on a bed and Dean does the same, then flops down onto the bed with a weary sigh.

Getting thrown into a cement wall isn’t the worst that can happen when dealing with a poltergeist, but it’s no picnic either. Sam’s lucky to have escaped with minor injuries. Sure, his shoulder hurts like hell, and the gash above his right eye is still bleeding, but he’s had worse. Dean, on the other hand, might have broken a few ribs, but so far he’s been hiding it pretty damn well.

Sam clenches his teeth at a sudden muscle spasm in his shoulder, a small moan escaping his lips.

“Sam?” Dean’s tone is worried.

“What?” Sam snaps back, preoccupied by the fact that his entire arm is starting to go numb.

“What’s wrong with your shoulder?”

“Nothing. What’s wrong with your side?”

Dean sighs again, stands, and walks over to Sam.

“Why don’t you take the first shower?” And then, without warning, Dean clamps a hand down on Sam’s right shoulder. Sam lets out a yelp and jumps away from Dean, stumbling backwards into the bed.

“Damnit!”

“What’s wrong with your shoulder?” Dean asks again, smirking. Sam’s practically doubled over in pain.

Damnit,” Sam hisses through his teeth. “I think my shoulder is dislocated.”

“You think?” Dean retorts sarcastically, moving back to Sam’s side. Dean chuckles, then coughs a little, but it goes unnoticed by Sam, who takes a deep breath through his nose and shuts his eyes.

“Just do it.”

While Sam ices his shoulder, Dean fusses over the wound on his forehead.

“Just let me clean it, Sam.”

“It’s okay, Dean.”

Dean coughs lightly into his fist and clears his throat against the lingering tickle there.

“Sam, you’re still practically gushing blood. It’ll take five minutes, then you can get back to whatever is so important on your computer.”

Sam frowns up at Dean with annoyance.

“It’s not bleeding anymore.”

“Okay, but you don’t want it to get infected.”

Sam can’t argue with that, so he doesn’t reply. Dean grabs the first aid kit and gets to work.

Dean clears his throat noisily and Sam looks up from his laptop.

“What?”

Dean doesn’t answer. He’s cleaning his weapons carefully on the bed. Sam frowns and goes back to his computer, but a few seconds later he hears the sound again.

“What, Dean?” Again, Dean acts as though he can’t hear Sam.

When it happens a third time, Sam shuts his laptop closed and the sound echoes off the walls.

What?”

“What what, Sam?” Dean finally looks up, squints at Sam. “And why are you yelling?”

“Why do you keep clearing your throat?”

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are, De-”

He’s cut off when Dean gasps, a desperate, throaty sound, and turns away with a sudden sneeze.

“Hertshchoo!”

“Oh.”

“Oh what, Sam?” When Dean speaks, his voice is hoarse, like he’s been yelling for hours.

“Nothing.”

Dean sniffles a little and goes back to cleaning his guns.

“I think I found something.” Sam’s still at his laptop two hours later. Dean is sprawled on the bed opposite him, watching TV.

“Well that was fast,” Dean rasps, sitting up.

“What’s with your voice?”

“Nothing.” Dean sniffs and clears his throat. “So, what do you have?”

“A man in Oakes, North Dakota. Claiming he saw a little girl being dragged into a nearby river by some type of monster. So far, they haven’t had any reports of this supposed girl going missing though.”

“So what are you thinking?” Dean asks, absently rubbing his knuckles under his nose.

“Well, Dad’s got all kinds of stuff in his journal about water creatures. Kelpies, water sprites and nixies, nymphs- it could be any of those.”

Dean sniffs, sounding increasingly congested, and paces the floor a couple of times. He stops and leans against the door, folding his arms.

“So do you think…”Dean pauses, looking lost in thought.

“What?” Sam goes over and sits on the bed. “Well, anyway, we should go talk to this guy.” He studies the computer screen intently.

Dean hasn’t moved from the door. He’s looking across the room, arms folded across his chest, staring at something on the opposite wall.

“What?” Sam asks again, glancing behind him. There’s nothing obvious there. “Dean, are you even listening?”

Dean is suddenly blinking a lot, and for some reason he’s not making eye contact with Sam.

He pulls of the collar of his black t-shirt so that it covers his mouth and nose, holding it there with his left hand. Then his eyes snap shut and he releases three rapid sneezes, right into the collar of his shirt.

Hatshchoo. Htchshoo. HetshCHOO! Ouch!”

“Ouch?” Sam says slowly, his eyebrows raised. Dean slowly lowers his shirt, his face contorted with pain for a brief moment.

“Shut up. So what’s this guy’s name?”

“Dean, are you okay? Because you just sneezed like ten times, and you said ouch.”

“I’m fine, Sam. Just a…just a sn-sneeze,” Dean barely gets out before launching into another round of three sneezes, each one harsher and wetter than the last. This time he’s pulled the bottom of his shirt up to cover the entire lower half of his face, and before Dean lets the black fabric fall back into place, Sam spots a corner of a Kleenex poking out of the left pocket in Dean’s jeans. Which is strange, because why the hell would Dean have a Kleenex in his pocket?

Sam studies Dean, who’s quick to busy himself with something at the table that requires turning away from Sam. Which doesn’t stop Sam from hearing a quiet sniff, or from seeing Dean’s elbow moving back and forth as he scrubs at his nose.

“How long have you been sick?”

Dean freezes, back still turned.

“W-what?” Dean’s voice comes out strained, and Sam can tell he’s fighting off another round of sneezes.

“You heard me, Dean.”

“I’m not sick,” Dean scoffs, his voice still thick.

“Okay, Dean. You’re not sick. But you’re coming down with a cold.”

“Well maybe if it wasn’t so damn cold in this room,” Dean growls, then turns his glare to Sam and attempts to change the subject. “Sam, why aren’t you icing your shoulder?”

“Dean, it’s not cold in this room,” Sam replies, unfazed. “You’ve been fighting this for a while. I spend every second of the day with you, I can tell when you’re getting sick.”

“Well, I can tell when you’re getting annoying,” Dean retorts, and then his face goes slack. Sam waits as Dean lets out a tremendous sneeze into his shoulder.

Hehhtchshoo!”

Dean sniffs hard and pinches his nose between his fingers, glaring at Sam. Sam just holds up his hands.

“Fine. Just don’t come whining to me when you decide you want medicine. Or when you want to admit you have a broken rib.” Sam goes to his duffle and pulls out their first aid kit. He digs around until he finds a bottle of cough syrup and a bottle of Nyquil.

“If you need these,” Sam tells Dean wryly, “I’ll just be holding on to them.” As an afterthought, he pushes past Dean into the bathroom and returns with a box of Kleenex.

“These too.”

Dean tries to keep the surprise from his face, instead attempting to look amused.

“Well good, ‘because I don’t need them. I’m going to take a shower. Ice your shoulder.”

Dean waits until Sam grabs the icepack from where it’s lying on the bed and slaps it on his shoulder before he disappears into the bathroom, and a few minutes later the sound of the shower is heard.

“It’s gonna be a long week,” Sam says to no one in particular.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the bit where Dean kept clearing his throat and Sam thought he was about to say something. Priceless.

I just recently got to watch a couple of episodes and I gotta admit... I like Sam better than Dean. :D (No no! Don't shoot!) I love tall guys with shaggy hair, and his eyes are adorable.

But Sick!Dean is good too. :)

Eeeeeeeeeeee.

Guess what I'm reading after work. :) (I haven't looked yet. Looking would lead to me being late.) Oh day, how you are so awesome so early.

This was lovely to wake up to! I wasn't expecting something so early. I don't think that there's anything I love more than Dean in denial when he's sick. I love the details of his outward symptoms, it makes for such a great visual! *bounces giddily*

So this will be interesting…we’ll see if I can pull it off! I hope I can get the hang of sick Dean:

Yayy, sick!Dean is my favourite. EVER. :) And you're totally pulling it off.

“Well, I can tell when you’re getting annoying,” Dean retorts, and then his face goes slack. Sam waits as Dean lets out a tremendous sneeze into his shoulder.

Haha, Dean!

Oh, and Sam holding onto the cough syrup and Nyquil is awesome and so little brother-ly. I love that, and I love them!

Aw, poor Dean. And Sam is going to make him admit he's sick before he gets medicine or tissues? Why do I feel like this will be a long wait?

Aghghghghhhhhh. You're amazing.

I love Sam's "Oh" after Dean sneezes, like suddenly he knows what's going on. Dean's fits with the shirt and his stash of Kleenex in his pocket... man.

I'm soooo greedily happy and excited too at the prospect of this being longish. ;)

A/N: As I was writing this, I realized I have maybe one fic I’ve ever written (that’s longer than a couple thousand words) that has sick Dean. All the rest have just sick Sam or both of them sick. So this will be interesting…we’ll see if I can pull it off! I hope I can get the hang of sick Dean:)

Darling, I think you DID get the hang of it! (and it's SO fun!)

Dean hasn’t moved from the door. He’s looking across the room, arms folded across his chest, staring at something on the opposite wall.

“What?” Sam asks again, glancing behind him. There’s nothing obvious there. “Dean, are you even listening?”

Dean is suddenly blinking a lot, and for some reason he’s not making eye contact with Sam.

He pulls of the collar of his black t-shirt so that it covers his mouth and nose, holding it there with his left hand. Then his eyes snap shut and he releases three rapid sneezes, right into the collar of his shirt.

“Ouch?” Sam says slowly, his eyebrows raised. Dean slowly lowers his shirt, his face contorted with pain for a brief moment.

This is soooooooo adorable, and I feel like it's something he would do, too. Plus, triple sneeze! With the attempted surreptitious hiding of the broken ribs!

“Dean, it’s not cold in this room,” Sam replies, unfazed. “You’ve been fighting this for a while. I spend every second of the day with you, I can tell when you’re getting sick.”

:yes: LOVED this, and then when Sam hangs on to the meds and Kleenex... so perfect!

I'm really excited for more!

:laugh:

You write the HOTTEST sneezing fits. Seriously. :yes:

In other news, I loved the what-what-what and then Sam's "Oh", and Dean being all determined about Sam looking after his shoulder, and the tissue Dean had in his pocket not-so-secretly. And Sam taking hold of tissues and meds. Oh and also the maybe broken rib. Eeeee!

I've watched Supernatural for a while (a couple months) and I love it!!! I have the 2nd season and it is amazing. Dean is soooo my favorite sorry Sam but I gotta go with dean. Anyway..... This story is amazing and I soooo hope you continue!! The sneezes were :drool::D :D

I liked the bit where Dean kept clearing his throat and Sam thought he was about to say something. Priceless.

I just recently got to watch a couple of episodes and I gotta admit... I like Sam better than Dean. :) (No no! Don't shoot!) I love tall guys with shaggy hair, and his eyes are adorable.

But Sick!Dean is good too. :)

Thanks! I'm glad you liked that part!

And I actually agree with you 100%--Sam is definately my favorite. He's so incredibly attractive!!

But I'm having a lot of fun writing sick Dean:)

Eeeeeeeeeeee.

Guess what I'm reading after work. :) (I haven't looked yet. Looking would lead to me being late.) Oh day, how you are so awesome so early.

You make me smile :)

This was lovely to wake up to! I wasn't expecting something so early. I don't think that there's anything I love more than Dean in denial when he's sick. I love the details of his outward symptoms, it makes for such a great visual! *bounces giddily*

It's cause I posted it really really late (technically early). I stay up sometimes:) Anywho, thank you so very much!

So this will be interesting…we’ll see if I can pull it off! I hope I can get the hang of sick Dean:

Yayy, sick!Dean is my favourite. EVER. :cryhappy: And you're totally pulling it off.

Haha, Dean!

Oh, and Sam holding onto the cough syrup and Nyquil is awesome and so little brother-ly. I love that, and I love them!

Aww, thanks. I'm having a lot of fun writing it, and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

Aw, poor Dean. And Sam is going to make him admit he's sick before he gets medicine or tissues? Why do I feel like this will be a long wait?

Haha because Dean is very stubborn:) Thanks for reading!

Aghghghghhhhhh. You're amazing.

I love Sam's "Oh" after Dean sneezes, like suddenly he knows what's going on. Dean's fits with the shirt and his stash of Kleenex in his pocket... man.

I'm soooo greedily happy and excited too at the prospect of this being longish. :heart:

You yourself are amazing also!

I'm thrilled you like it, since you're my inspiration for writing it! And yes, its getting kind of ridiculously long now--I already have three more parts!

Thank you for reading and for such kind words:)

A/N: As I was writing this, I realized I have maybe one fic I’ve ever written (that’s longer than a couple thousand words) that has sick Dean. All the rest have just sick Sam or both of them sick. So this will be interesting…we’ll see if I can pull it off! I hope I can get the hang of sick Dean:)

Darling, I think you DID get the hang of it! (and it's SO fun!)

This is soooooooo adorable, and I feel like it's something he would do, too. Plus, triple sneeze! With the attempted surreptitious hiding of the broken ribs!

:) LOVED this, and then when Sam hangs on to the meds and Kleenex... so perfect!

I'm really excited for more!

:heart:

Wow, thank you!! You're too kind:) It makes me happy that you like my favorite parts. I'm so glad you're liking it so far!!

You write the HOTTEST sneezing fits. Seriously. :drool:

In other news, I loved the what-what-what and then Sam's "Oh", and Dean being all determined about Sam looking after his shoulder, and the tissue Dean had in his pocket not-so-secretly. And Sam taking hold of tissues and meds. Oh and also the maybe broken rib. Eeeee!

Aww, thank you so much!! You're making me blush here:) Glad you're enjoying it!!!

I LOVE this story, it's awesome!! :D

Thank you!!!

I've watched Supernatural for a while (a couple months) and I love it!!! I have the 2nd season and it is amazing. Dean is soooo my favorite sorry Sam but I gotta go with dean. Anyway..... This story is amazing and I soooo hope you continue!! The sneezes were :D:) :)

Thanks! Glad you like it!!

The next morning has them both up early, packing their bags into the trunk of the Impala.

Other than a few loud nose blows that he’s unable to hide over the faucet in the bathroom, Dean appears to be better. Sam still catches him holding his side when he coughs. He wishes Dean would admit he’s not feeling well, but if he would rather suffer through the pain instead of taking some cough syrup and letting Sam wrap his ribs for him, then so be it.

Dean sneezes once when they stop for coffee, and it causes his to wince in pain for a second before he realizes Sam is staring at him.

“What are you looking at?” Dean snaps at Sam before getting back into the Impala.

They drive almost two hours before Dean starts sneezing again, and he gets progressively worse from there.

Hehhhetchsheh.” The first sneeze is loud, making Sam jump in his seat. Sam glances over at Dean, who’s gripping the steering wheel tightly with one hand while the other is clamped over his nose and mouth.

Ahtchshehh! Hershchuh.” He sneezes twice more into his hand before he realizes that he’s sort of in an awkward situation.

Sam takes pity on him and digs around in the glove box for a napkin. He offers it to Dean, who doesn’t hesitate to take it. He attempts to blow his nose several times into the napkin, holding it to his face with only one hand.

As Dean is finishing blowing his nose, his breath hitches, and he pitches forward with yet another sneeze, directing it into the already soggy napkin.

Hetchngh.” Dean makes an exasperated sound, groaning and clearing his throat at the same time.

“Bless you,” Sam says carefully, handing Dean another napkin. Dean looks over with red, watering eyes before he’s back to staring intently at the road, blowing his nose into the fresh napkin.

When he’s finished, he drops the crumpled, used napkins on the floor between Sam’s feet, then gingerly presses his hand to his side.

“How’s your side?” Sam asks quietly.

“Stop worrying, Sam,” Dean snaps, then seemingly changes his mind and adds, “I don’t think it’s broken. Just bruised.” When Sam doesn’t answer, Dean continues.

“Sam, I’ve had enough bruised ribs to know. Just stop worrying, okay?”

“I believe you, Dean. But how’s your cold then?”

“It’s nonexistent.”

“Bullshit! You’re a mess. Any second now you’re going to sneeze and crash us into a tree.”

“Look around, Sam. There are no trees along this highway!” Dean replies, rubbing the cuff of his jacket under his nose.

“That’s not the point, Dean. Maybe you should pull over and let me drive.”

Dean sneezes before he can answer.

“Hashchoo. Damnit. I’m not stopping until we-weh-etshchoo! Until we stop for…” He pauses, the intense need to sneeze again taking complete control. He clamps his fingers around his nose, massaging the sides in an attempt to diminish the tickle there, but it does no good.

Hehh…hih’hihh…” he struggles with the sneeze, his breath hitching frantically, until he finally has to give in.

“Heh-hetshchsh! Huchshoo. HutshCHOO!”

To his credit, he keeps the Impala between the lines the entire time, as if trying to prove a point to Sam.

When they stop for lunch, Dean sneaks a handful of napkins into his jacket pocket while Sam’s in the restroom.

He goes through another handful at the table, blowing his nose as discreetly as he can.

When the waitress comes, he orders coffee but doesn’t drink it; instead, he gulps down both his and Sam’s glasses of water.

Dean at least still has an appetite, which is the only thing that keeps Sam from wrestling the keys away from him and insisting on driving.

They continue on, hoping to make it to Oakes in a straight drive through the night.

Sam is dozing, his head tipped uncomfortably against the window, while Dean is practically falling asleep himself at the wheel by the time they finally reach North Dakota. He’s jolted suddenly awake when Dean sneezes loudly, the sound ringing in Sam’s ears.

HETCHshoo!” This time, the Impala swerves slightly before Dean regains control.

Sam rubs at the kink in his neck and tries to remain calm, though his heart is pounding in his chest.

“Dean, pull over.”

“What, Sab?” Dean’s congested, his voice hoarse. Sam yawns widely before responding.

“Pull the car over. I’m driving now.”

Dean starts to protest, but then he’s coughing, and it’s not hard from there to convince Dean to let him drive the rest of the way.

So. Fracking. Hot.

This is maybe a funny kink to have but Dean having a sneezing fit, then blowing his nose, then having to sneeze again into whatever he's just used to blow his nose... it gets me every time... and I don't really come across it that much... so gahhh. Also the trying-not-to-sneeze... it does things to me. :) Dean's injury too, and Sam's concern... and your (oh man, pun coming up) blow-by-blow description of all Dean's sneezes... you rock so hard. And two more parts already done??! :rolleyes:

*dies* It's hard for me to form words right now. I was so excited that I'd read a little bit, then stop and savor it before I continued reading. That may categorize me as slightly insane, but...A very well written sneezy!Dean fic is a huge treat for me....In this analogy I'm very fat from so many treats, but oh well.

*dies* It's hard for me to form words right now. I was so excited that I'd read a little bit, then stop and savor it before I continued reading. That may categorize me as slightly insane, but...A very well written sneezy!Dean fic is a huge treat for me....In this analogy I'm very fat from so many treats, but oh well.

YES. What she said. I live for sneezy!Dean... well, not quite, but I do love it to a RIDICULOUS degree, and I love your writing style besides. Please keep up the awesomeness!

“Hashchoo. Damnit. I’m not stopping until we-weh-etshchoo! Until we stop for…” He pauses, the intense need to sneeze again taking complete control. He clamps his fingers around his nose, massaging the sides in an attempt to diminish the tickle there, but it does no good.

Hehh…hih’hihh…” he struggles with the sneeze, his breath hitching frantically, until he finally has to give in.

To his credit, he keeps the Impala between the lines the entire time, as if trying to prove a point to Sam.

LOVE. Soooo yummy. Ghghgh.

And so excited for this being a long fic! :rolleyes:

You guys are all so awesome, you know that?

I'm just replying to reviews now, and I'll be back later tonight to post the next part.

So. Fracking. Hot.

This is maybe a funny kink to have but Dean having a sneezing fit, then blowing his nose, then having to sneeze again into whatever he's just used to blow his nose... it gets me every time... and I don't really come across it that much... so gahhh. Also the trying-not-to-sneeze... it does things to me. :wub: Dean's injury too, and Sam's concern... and your (oh man, pun coming up) blow-by-blow description of all Dean's sneezes... you rock so hard. And two more parts already done??! :heart:

Heee, glad I found some buttons there!

The trying not to sneeze is one of my favorites too:)

Thank you so much for your awesome review!

Woohoo! So glad you liked it!

Haha nice analogy:)

YES. What she said. I live for sneezy!Dean... well, not quite, but I do love it to a RIDICULOUS degree, and I love your writing style besides. Please keep up the awesomeness!

Awww, thank you so very much!!

Omg, that chapter was totally awesome! :yes: I can't wait for more. Perhaps Sam will catch Dean's cold? :)

Thank you!! Glad you're liking it so far:)

I don't think there'll be contagion in this one, but right now I'm also working on another sick!Sam/sick!Dean fic that has a little wee!chesters, so in the near future:)

LOVE. Soooo yummy. Ghghgh.

And so excited for this being a long fic! :D

Gee thanks:)

I'm so happy you're enjoying it!!! And yes for longness...it just keeps coming!

This is so great! I absolutely love how Dean's sneeze woke Sam at the end of that chapter! I had this fantastic mental image of poor half-awake, utterly sick Dean, trying to keep control of the car...

Great descriptions and great sneeeezes!

This is so great! I absolutely love how Dean's sneeze woke Sam at the end of that chapter! I had this fantastic mental image of poor half-awake, utterly sick Dean, trying to keep control of the car...

Great descriptions and great sneeeezes!

Thank you!! Glad you enjoyed:)

A/N: Not a ton of sneezing in this part, but it will pick up in the next one!

When it comes to driving, Sam is normally a follow-the-rules-unless-there’s-an-emergency type of guy. He’s opposite from Dean, who kind of likes to drive at his own speed, which is almost always higher than the posted speed limit.

The fact that Dean has a cold isn’t exactly an emergency, but Sam doesn’t like how quickly he’s getting worse, how worn out he’s becoming. So Sam drives much faster than the speed limit, which would make Dean proud. If Dean were awake, that is.

Dean fell asleep the minute they switched spots, and now Sam has Dean’s loud snoring to keep him company until he reaches the motel. It’s better than Dean’s music, at least.

Dean sneezes once in his sleep, and Sam has to wonder how it doesn’t wake him, because it’s loud and it sounds messy. But Dean only snuffles, twitches his nose a little, and buries his head in his arm against the window and continues to snore.

When there’s only a few more miles until they reach town, Sam is about to nod off himself when he hears a grunt from Dean. He glances over to see that Dean’s awake. His face is scrunched up, and he’s kneading the underside of his nose with his knuckles.

“Morning, sleeping beauty,” Sam jokes, noting how terrible Dean looks. He’s pale, his face a whitish-grayish except for his nose, which he continues to rub at. There are dark circles under his eyes, and if the snoring is any indication, he can’t breathe through his nose.

Dean coughs into a fist and digs around in his pockets until he comes up with the handful of napkins from the diner they ate at for lunch. He goes through them one by one, blowing his nose several times.

The used napkins are dropped to the floor. Sam frowns, knowing Dean must really feel like crap if he doesn’t even care about leaving garbage all over the floor of his Impala.

Hetchshchoo!”

A loud sneeze interrupts Sam’s thoughts. Dean groans, his hands cupped to his face.

“Dude, you okay?” Sam asks, glancing over and realizing that Dean has just used the last of his napkins. He sighs and takes a hand off the wheel to reach into his own pocket. He comes up with a stack of folded up paper towels.

It takes Dean a second to realize that Sam is holding the paper towels out to him.

“Paber towels?” Dean’s voice is muffled by his hands and thick with congestion. “Whad habbened to the tissues?”

Sam smiles sheepishly.

“They’re somewhere in the trunk.”

Dean takes the stack from Dean and gingerly wipes his nose with one, wincing at the roughness. The rest he sets across his knee, ready.

“Thangks,” Dean mumbles. Sam hides a grin.

“We’re almost to the hotel. Try not to use up all of those.” Dean flushes a little and rests his head back against the window.

It’s no surprise that Dean crashes hard when they finally reach the motel. He’s sprawled on his back on the bed, still fully clothed by the time Sam finishes unloading the Impala.

Sam gently removes his boots and maneuvers him until he’s under the covers.

Sam climbs into his own bed after turning out the lights, but he can’t sleep. After several hours of listening to Dean sneeze and cough and snore loudly in his sleep, he knows he has to do something. His stubborn brother will never admit he’s sick on his own.

He gets up and digs through his bag. He places the medicine, box of tissues, and a glass of water on the nightstand beside Dean’s bed. He contemplates waking Dean up and making him take the medicine, but he’s not sure if Dean will comply or bite his head off.

Sam goes back to bed and finally manages to drift to sleep. A voice wakes him sometime later. Someone is whispering, and he blinks awake, trying to decipher what it is and where it’s coming from.

“Sab? Hey, Sab!” It’s Dean. Sam turns his head, tries to make Dean out in the semi dark room. Dean’s head the only part of him that’s not covered by his blanket.

“Sab?” Dean says hoarsely again.

“Dean?” Sam sits up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Dean gives him a weak smile.

“How about that medicine?”

Sam points wordlessly past Dean’s head, to where the medicine sits on the table, and slumps back down against his pillow.

“Thangks, bro,” Dean whispers a few moments later, but Sam’s already asleep.

This fic makes me so happy. SO HAPPY.

And it's long. :laugh:

I can have you a firstborn ready in nine months. I also make an awesome peach coffee cake, if that's more your thing.

Ggghhgh.

The loud messy sneeze-in-his-sleep... the sneezing after having gone through all the tissues... the bite of the rough paper towel... the fact that Sam HAD paper towels for him... the pale face and red nose... this is so excellent. :heart::heart:

Archived