Sneeze Fetish Forum

Warbler drabbles!

stephab13

Hahaha, I know! And then you have to go to the store and buy more Nutella, and that might not happen for another day and OMG. :P And yes, please do! While I was over there I tried to think of our strange little slang - and then proceeded to educate a very cute American boy *cough SOUTHERN TWANG ON COMMAND cough* in them. And I taught him about dropbears. Which I really think should make an appearance, don't you?

OMG. Nick should fly to Australia. Future!Drabble. Hmmmm...

Ooooh, and what's wrong with Nick? I've referenced it a couple of times - it's mentioned (not explicitly) in Fantasy, and it gets a couple of lines in TSAB on FFnet, somewhere in the 20's chapters. So if you're really desperate... You might be able to work it out from the clues. But I will write it in for you. Not the next drabble, which I'm writing now, but should be in a few :-)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, just saying here because I have no idea what I'm talking about - the Vonnegut line is a throw-out from Supernatural. I haven't actually read a whole lot of his, including the mentioned book. But oh well.

Also... fun to write :P

Title: Aloof

Characters: David (unknown), Stephab13 (What? I can’t go all Vonnegut on you?)

“Come on, David. Please don’t be like that.”

The character glared at me through the page, eyes dark and menacing, hungry. I was deeply reminded of his performance in Bad.

“David, please. You don’t know what it’s like for me.” I actually got down on my knees at this point – and not in a pleasurable sense. Get your head out the gutter.

“I’m not helping you out, Steph.” He spat at me.

“So, what? You’re too good for me to write for, is that your problem?”

“You want to know what my problem is, Steph? I’ve been ignored. Sure, Klaine and Neff, I can understand. Hell, I can even understand you writing for Wes, with that cheeky grin and all. But Trent? Thad? Really? What do they have that I don’t?”

“I thought you liked that… aloofness…” I reached desperately for my dictionary. Is that even a word?

“Well, from now on, I’m going to be impossible to write for. Starting… now.” He turned away from me – but not before I saw his face begin to crumple. Was he crying?

His breath began to hitch. Oh.

Heh… heh… ha… ha… hashoo! Hashoo! HASHOO!” He sniffed once, rolled his shoulders as he stood back straight. “You better not be writing this down, woman.”

Too bad.

Steph: 1. David: 0.

Love you both! And, come on, it's Glee. Like I haven't been doing some stalking of my own.

So, Nick's story begins to unfold. You'll get all of it eventually. But here's part 1:

Title: Blood

Characters: Jeff, Nick (cold)

“I hate you.”

“Hon, I just want to see you better.” Jeff didn’t think he’d ever seen Nick this distressed before – and he’d seen the mouse come out to his parents and introduce him as his boyfriend to them.

Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt! Ngt! Ngt’CHUH!

“Bless you.” Always in fours. Always stifled, with the last half-exploding. The beginning of yet another cold. Like Nick hadn’t caught enough of them already. Every few days he was coming down with something else. Plus he’d – understandably – been so exhausted lately. Jeff couldn’t stand seeing him this way; he couldn’t imagine how Nick felt about it all.

“I don’t. Want. To. Go. Heh’ngt!” Well, that was new – the childish tantrum. Though Jeff couldn’t really blame him. The doctor’s was never fun – especially when you know they're taking blood. And even more when you know that it’s not going to help, because this is just preliminary testing and you’re going to continue feeling like crap until after you can get the next one and stop eating what was making you so sick in the first place.

“Bless you, babe.” Jeff pulled him into his lap, massaging his neck and shoulders which were tense from anxiety and illness already.

“Jeff. They’re gonna stick a needle in me and take my blood. I don’t want them too.” Nick coughed, forcing himself away. “You can’t make me!”

Jeff sighed. “Come on, babe. Sooner we get there, sooner it’s over.”

Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt!” But Nick slowly stood up. “You’re coming?”

“Of course.” With a quick kiss, they were soon settled in the car, and Jeff was singing softly to the Beatles, Nick’s weak hand laced in his left.

Hi! So I've got part 2 of the Nick drama here. If you want clarification and stuff - because I know I can do more with it - feel free to ask.

It's yet another one that I had no idea how to end it, I'm sorry. So can we blame it on low blood sugar? I'm going to sleep.

But here you go. I think this is drabble 23 now1

Title: Tower Block

Characters: Wes, Jeff, Nick (unspecified)

“All fall down!”

“But… but…”

“All fall down!” Wes couldn’t help but grin Jeff’s tower came crashing around him. They were in the waiting room, entertaining a very cute – but rather destructive – 3 year old. Nick was still in recovery, apparently – his bloodwork a few weeks back had shown antibodies towards gluten, and he’d just had an endoscopy, which would hopefully confirm the Coeliac diagnosis. They were all looking forward to seeing Nick get better – he’d lost so much weight catching cold after cold, stuck in bed so often with gastro or just being too tired and weak to do anything else… Hopefully they’d finally get some answers.

Heh’chuh! Heh’choo! Choo! Heh’chuh!

Jeff’s head whipped up, grin forming on his lips again. “I’d know those sneezes anywhere – poor baby; he’s too sleepy to stifle them.”

Wes smiled. Honestly, the two kids were so adorable! When he’d found out that Jeff was planning on driving to and from the hospital, he’d immediately offered to come – he knew the blonde would get too antsy waiting – as demonstrated by ruins of the Hogwarts castle littering the hospital floor. Chuckling somewhat, he headed forward to the discharge nurses while Jeff began helping the brunette to Wes’ Mini.

“How you feeling, gorgeous?” Jeff pulled the boy’s head gently towards his lap as they sat in the car.

“Siggen… en…” he yawned. “Entire…” His eyes fluttered closed as Jeff pressed a soft kiss to his forehead.

“So, the doctor said there was enough flattening in the scope to call it Coeliac, but he’s running the biopsy just to be certain,” Wes whispered as he shifted the car into first.

Nick nodded. “No… no gluten.” He shook his head, looking at them, seeming to wake slightly. “No bread… But now I have a medical reason not to eat Vegemite!”

Jeff laughed. “Good for you, babe.”

“You know what’s for dinner, Nick?” Wes glanced at them through the rear-vision mirror. “Chicken and fried rice. All completely gluten-free.”

“But… chicken sore da mooooon.” The brunette’s eyes were already closed as he snuggled back into Jeff’s shoulder, one hand resting in his.

“With the dish and the spoon, hey, babe?” They giggled, relieved. They knew it would take awhile, but finally there was an answer. The nightmare was beginning to end.

Your original thought? I'd love to know what your not-original thoughts were :P

Nick is a darling. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I've seen him transfer from this tiny shy little thing that didn't speak to the crazy guy that sang Uptown Girl and flirted with an actual woman. :P

Anyhoo... Time for some Blaine adorableness?

Title: Taxi

Characters: Kurt, Blaine (cold)

“Kurt! Look! I’m a taxi!”

“Is that meant to be an innuendo?” Kurt glanced up from his Spanish homework, giggling at the yellow-raincoat-covered boy running around the bed.

“Now I’m a balloon!” Blaine stopped, raising his hands high above his head so the latex parachuted around him, jumping towards the sky. “Esh! Eshoo!

“Bless you, sweetie.” Blaine had been staying the weekend at Kurt’s house and, being Blaine, had woken up with pounding sinuses and a horrible-sounding throat. So Kurt and Carole had been monitoring him all morning, keeping his BSLs above 80, liquids and medication and all that jazz. And apparently the last dose had made him higher than Superman.

“Kurt… Kurt… Eshoo! Eshoo! EshOO! Can I… Eshoo! Can I please have… have a… a… esh! Esh! Ha-ESH! ESH!” Kurt already had a tissue box prepared. He’d been around Blaine long enough to expect those random outbursts of sneezing – especially when the poor thing was sick. And after that incident with the lavender, he never left the house without tissues practically stuffed down every orifice.

There was a momentary pause while Blaine blew his nose. But then he extended his arms, zooming around the bed again.

“Look! I’m a plane! Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!” There was a loud crash as Blaine suddenly stumbled and fell to the ground.

Kurt was by his side in an instant, picking him up and lying him down on the bed. “I think it’s time,” he pinned Blaine’s wrists to the bed, “for the plane to land.” He planted a soft kiss on Blaine’s lips, while pulling off the raincoat. “What do you think?” He jumped in behind Blaine, pulling up the doona.

“Plane’s tired…” Blaine rubbed his itching nose on Kurt’s wrist, eyes already fluttering shut. “EshOO! ESH! ESH!

“Bless you, hon.”

“Kurtie stay?”

“Kurt stay.”

And, with a sniffly, exhausted boy in his arms, Kurt fell asleep.

Haha I love your keyboard spazzing :P

So... While I dearly love writing fluff and angst, I'm always up for a good bit of crack too... All at the hands of Thad. Hope you enjoy it, regardless!

Title: Search

Characters: Thad (allergy), Wes (allergy), Nick (allergy), Jeff, Kurt (allergy), Blaine (allergy)

“Alright, everyone. You know the drill. When I say go, run and hide, and Thad will count to 100. You ready?”

Thad rubbed his hands, half paying attention to Wes. One of the best things about being on the council was knowing exactly when a Games Night was coming on. One of the best things about being a highly intelligent, arrogant, insert-name-here, was that Thad knew exactly how to make the games more interesting…

“On your marks… get set… GO!” Wes and the Warblers sprinted off in all directions, leaving Thad alone to count down. What they didn’t realise, though, was that Thad had spent the last day scoping out the best hiding places around the school dormitories – and had hid his own special packages there, waiting for them…

“67… 66… 65…” Thad strained his ears, listening.

Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt!

“You okay? Want to find another spot?”

Heh’ngt! No, I’m fine… Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt!

So, from the sounds of their muffled conversation, Nick and Jeff had found a place together. And one of his bags, he’d imagine.

“49… 48… 47…”

Heh’kishh! Kishh! Kishh’OO! Ah, crap.”

So, Wes must be upstairs. Thad wondered what it was that he was reacting to – he hadn’t specifically planned anything for the head council member. No matter.

“31.. 30.. 29…”

Hichiew! Hi… Hichiew! HichIEW!

Kurt sounded just down the corridor…

“13… 12… 11…”

“No! Goddammit! Esh! Esh! Ha’ESH! ESH! ESH! ESHOO! ESHOO!

Well, there was Blaine in the next room.

EshOO! ESHOO!

Blaine’s sneezes were getting louder…. Odd…

“Who put… put… Eshoo! Eshoo! Esh! ESH! ESH! put LAVENDER in the toilet??? EshOO! EshOO!

“And jasmine… hichiew! in the senior shower?”

Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt! Ngt! Ngt’CHUH!

“And roses in the ironing room?”

All of them sounded too close now…

“And… and… Heh’kishh’OO! Heh’kishh’OO! wrapped them all up in… in… Heh’kishh! Kishh! Heh’kishh! Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh’OO! in fudging RAGWEED?”

“Ready or not, here I come!”

Thad opened his eyes to be confronted by 4 red-eyed and sneezing, and 5 very angry, teenage boys.

“Thad… did you… Hichiew! Hichiew!

“Thad, if you had any… any… Heh’kishh! Heh’kishh! Kishhh! Kishhhhh! Kishhh’OO!

Heh’ngt! Heh’CHUH! CHOO! CHOO!

Ha-ESH! ESH! ESHOO!

Thad broke into giggles.

“Thad?” Jeff’s stern voice – the only one who could form proper sentences – broke through the near-hysterics. “You’re a prick.”

At that word, the four boys pelted him with the bags. Which, Thad had forgotten, of course, also contained a few mint leaves, for good measure.

“Oh. Crap. Hetchoo! Hetchoo! HetchOO!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahha. All of them. That was so priceless...now if they just could've write something in like that on the show...

:D :D

What's cuter than sniffly, stuffed up Wes? Sniffly, stuffed-up, high Wes with a dislocated shoulder. So here you go!

Title: Enforce

Characters: David, Wes (tonsillitis)

“David?”

“Yeah?”

“Why are there piado keys od the ceiligg?”

David laughed. “Why don’t you lie back down before you hurt yourself?” He’d drawn the short straw that afternoon – that being the fact that everyone else was either home, sick, or looking after someone else. So he’d been watching high-on-codeine Wes, which very quickly, after the incessant coughing that kept jarring his shoulder, turned into high-on-dextromethorpan-and-codeine Wes. (And you can quote the Asian on that. Smart ass.)

Heh’knxt! Knxt!

“Bless you, bless you!”

Wes grinned dopily, sitting back up. “David?”

“Wassup?”

“The budkey id the corder said you’re pladdigg to overtake the school with a cobbidatiod of Bad Cow’s Disease add AC/DC.” Wes picked up a gavel from his bedside table, swinging it round. “Is it true? Heh’KNXCHT’oo!” With the sudden sneeze the gavel flew through his fingers, slicing through where David’s head had been moments before.

“If you didn’t have only one arm, I swear to God I’d tie you to the bed, Wes.” But he grinned. “What’s a ‘budkey’?”

“You doe…” Wes pushed himself to sit again. “Oooh. Oooh. Oooh. Eats badadas. Budkeys!”

“God, I hope you don’t sound like that in bed.” He chucked a box of tissues next to his best friend. “Blow your nose. It’d be nice if you could call Nick by name without seriously offending him.”

Wes coughed, waving a tissue around with his right hand, watching it flap in the air.

“David?” His voice broke.

“Am I going to have to enforce complete vocal rest on you? I mean, I know you’re not object to being bound and gagged, but that’s kinda more Santana’s thing, isn’t it?”

Wes shook his head. “Wessy’s tired dow.”

“And who are you, exactly?” David shook his head. He’d given up trying to follow Wes’ drugged-out thought patterns.

“The bad od the bood.” Wes tried to sing, but his pitch just wavered uncontrollably and he gasped, bending over, laughing hysterically. “David?”

“Yeah?”

“Cad you help be ged idto by pyjabas? Id’s hard with by shoulder…”

“Of course.” David glanced at his blushing best friend, who’s eyes were starting to droop. “Come on, sickie, let’s get you to bed before your meds wear off.”

Sorry it's been a couple of days... Uni just started back up today (OMG) so I might be a little slow.

And wow. Larceny was... really difficult to get inspiration for. And I've no idea why it's in first tense, but hey. Why not?

Got a great idea for the gavel in the future though... Mwahahahahaaaaaa.

But yes. Here is drabble 27 ( :o )!!!!

Title: Larceny

Characters: Blaine, Kurt (allergies), Wes, Jeff, Nick (allergies), Thad

Hichiew! Hichiew! Hi… Hichiew! HichIEW!

“BLESS YOU, KURT!” comes echoing down the hall.

Blaine just frowns and passes his boyfriend a clean handkerchief. “You sick?”

Kurt frowns, straightening back up. “I don’t think so… it feels like allergies.”

“Allergies? Allergies to what? You haven’t been like this at Dalton before…”

Kurt agrees. He’s been here a whole month. And Blaine isn’t reacting to whatever the hell he is. “I don’t know. You tell me.”

Meanwhile, in the room above them, Wes is frantically rooting through his clothes, looking for a decent pair of socks to wear on his date that night. Somehow, every single pair has managed to develop a hole. Or to have lost their other half. Seemingly overnight. Which is astonishing, considering all of his socks are labelled by days so that the pairs do not become separated. How strange.

Down the corridor, Nick is tutoring Jeff in Latin. Or, well, he’s trying to…

“So, you… heh’ngt! Heh’ngt! Heh’NGT!... Sorry. Your verb is in… is in… heh’ngt! Ngt! Ngt’CHUH!... Sorry. Is incomplete, so you use the… the… use… Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt! Heh’NGT! NGT! NGT!

“The imperfect?”

“Right. Heh’choo! Choo! Heh’ngt!... Ah, screw it.”

Jeff hands over the tissue box, rubbing Nick’s back. “It’s the middle of winter, and I vacuumed yesterday. What the hell are you reacting to?”

Nick rubs his nose, sniffling. “No idea. Shall we go see how… heh’ngt! Ngt’CHUH! NGT!... Damn it… How Klaine are doing?”

Jeff stands up, keeping a protective arm around his sneezey boyfriend, Kleenex box clenched tightly in his other hand. But they’re barely in the corridor when Nick’s legs give out – he’s still gaining strength after being so sick for so long, though the removal of gluten is definitely helping him.

Within an instant, Wes is at his side, helping him back up, three or four mismatched socks hanging from his neck. They start making their way to Blaine’s room when they hear screaming rebounding off the rosewood doors and floorboards.

“LARCENY! STOP HIM! CATCH THAT THIEF!”

It’s Thad, of course. Like any of the other boys knew what the word meant.

But Thad running and screaming down the halls isn’t the issue. The boys are used to this after a year and a half of living with him. It’s not even him chasing yet another stolen object down the corridor that’s unusual.

It’s the fact that riding the wind in front of the European is a golden retriever, with what looks like the entire contents of Thad’s underwear drawer clamped in its mouth, randomly spewing out a pair of boxers at each door, heading straight for Blaine.

A huge boom of laughter and Blaine catches the dog, wrestling the underwear from its grip. With a, “God, I hope these are washed,” he hands them to an unnaturally bashful Thad before turning to Kurt, a huge grin on his face. “So I take it that explains the sneezing?”

Kurt just nods, handkerchief still pressed to his nose as the fit continues. “You better… hichiew!... better have a… hichiew! Hichiew!... have a shower before you… hichiew!... before you come near me again! Hichiew! Hichiew! HichIEW!

“Bless you, hon!” Blaine can’t help but press a kiss on his poor boyfriend, giggling with each sneeze as he runs off to the bathrooms.

Kurt and Nick <3 d'aww!

Love these!

*le gasp* OH MY GOD GAVEL! I CAN'T WAIT >:)

Have been reading TSAB again :) Im in the middle. Ive read it before, but it gets me everytime :D

Tis very inspiring...<3 I love

I need to start doing klaine Drabble on here or something...I have do many ideas flying around in my head...

I just have to say that I absolutely LOVE these stories and I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while! I am sooooo looking forward to more! Thank you so much for writing them. SIlly Wes! :D

On a side note I read the latest chapter of TSAB like a couple days ago and OMG!!!!! :jawdrop: I like totally freaked out and read (the last 2 chapters) like what 4 times over! Poor Wes! Poor Blaine!! :(

It's all good! Sorry I haven't been updating as often too... Says she who still averages a post a day on here... *cough*. But yeah. Uni started, and TSAB is crying out to me (and still really not wanting to be written, most sadly), and I went and wrote a Tina one-shot last night anyway.

So if you have anything at all that you want to see, please, please, please let me know. I know I have the prompts and shouldn't get greedy, but sometimes having another restraint will help me churn stuff out quicker.

Um... So I shall run away and translate another 15 lines of Epic (yes, actual epic - thank you Virgil and Ovid!!!) and maybe I'll see if I get another drabble up tonight. Or soon. Hopefully.

But thanks to everyone who reads this! Hope you're enjoying it. And let me know if you have any ideas/requests/further prompts! :D

And chocolit4life, you should. You really should. And I shall read and comment and we shall frolic about eating fudgecakes made of rainbows and sunshine and we will tell Kevin Rudd that HE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!!!!

And chocolit4life, you should. You really should. And I shall read and comment and we shall frolic about eating fudgecakes made of rainbows and sunshine and we will tell Kevin Rudd that HE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!!!!

He knows... he just has a lot of feelings... (Couldn't help jumping on the Mean Girls bandwagon).

I loved "Search". Its so silly, mischievous, and so undeniably Thad ^-^

Also, Chocolit4life, I would totally read your Klaine drabble or whatever you came up with :)

Okay, I'm running off to Uni now, but I have this for you... Because Nick is adorable, and Jeff loves Survivor, and the Warblers love each other.

Title: Resurrect

Characters: Jeff, Nick (cold), Wes, the Warblers

“Ow…. Ow… Oh, God. Owww…” was not exactly what Jeff liked waking up to at 6 in the morning.

Though, he supposed, at least it wasn’t –

Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt! Ngt! Heh’ngt’CHUH!

Four cold sneezes before the groaning recommenced. Well. Today would be fun.

“Hey, babe,” Jeff whispered, rolling over and taking his turn at being the big spoon. “You okay?”

Nick uncurled his head briefly. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you.”

Jeff ran his hands up the older boy’s arms before slowly bringing them to rest on his distended stomach. “We going to rehearsal today, or do you want me to get the nurse?”

Nick was silent, bar his tiny whimpers of pain.

“Come on, Nicky. Please.” The trouble with Nick was knowing when the kid actually was too sick to do anything, and when he just needed a bit of prodding along. There’d been a few too many days of late where they just took sympathy on him and let him rest – the doctor found gluten-antibodies in his blood, but until his scope was done he had to keep shovelling the poison down his throat – but he was now starting to miss out on things like school and choir and his friends – and Jeff was not going to watch his boyfriend just lie and feel sorry for himself, if he could help it!

Heh’choo! Heh’choo! Heh’chuh! Heh’choo! Heh’chuh!” Tired sneezes, not stifled, just muffled slightly into the doona clutched to his chest. Not a good day today. Jeff knew instantly that Nick was not making it out of bed.

Though that didn’t mean he couldn’t make rehearsal…

Jeff leant back, tearing a few tissues from the box on the bedside table before pushing himself back up to Nick, pushing the tissues in his hand and helping the hand to his face. He bent up on one elbow, kissing a few of the salt tracks left on Nick’s cheeks. This sucked. “Only 10 days until your test, hon, and then it’s over.” He kisses a trail down Nick’s neck, softly, gently, stopping where the doona cuts him off from the exposed skin – somewhere around the shoulder. “You want anything? Some Advil?”

Nick nodded and Jeff sprung out of bed, hurriedly texting Wes as he pulled on a pair of tracksuit pants and a hoodie. Thank God Wes was some freak of nature that – without fail – was always up before the cock crowed.

Sure enough, Wes – still in his pyjamas – met them outside Nick’s room within about 5 minutes, box of medication in his hands and worry on his face. “I take it we’re not seeing Nick today then?”

Jeff shook his head as a few more muffled sneezes worked their way through the door. “Poor bugger’s getting sick again. He’s just too tired and frail, Wes. I…” His voice cracked with concern, and he felt Wes’ strong arms around him, comforting him. “It’s not fair on him. But… I have an idea, if you’re willing to help me out.”

“Of course.” Wes slapped him on the back as they fell into even quieter whispers. “Leave it to me.”

Half an hour later – at not even 7 in the morning – a small knock came on the door. Nick, who’d been half-drifting off, rolled over to Jeff – legs still tightly curled to his stomach – and smiled through heavy eyelashes. “Babe. What did you do?”

Jeff kissed him on his forehead before leaping to the door. “My idea. Wes’ doing.” He opened the door to admit the three council members, and Blaine, still rubbing their eyes and yawning but warm smiles lighting up the room anyway.

“We heard you were having a pretty bad morning,” Wes began.

“And we didn’t want you to miss rehearsal,” David continued.

“So we thought we’d save you the effort.” Blaine hugged him.

Jeff just grinned and headed back to the door. “Guys. Come in.”

The Warblers in their entirety – dressed in a whole range of pyjamas and casual clothing – poured into Nick’s room. After a communal throat-clearing – hey, it was 7 in the morning, and morning-voice is never a nice thing – Wes blew into his pitch-pipe and counted them in.

Risin’ up, back on the street

Did my time, took my chances.

Went the distance,

Now I’m back on my feet,

Just a man and his will to survive.

Nick sat up and burst into laughter. This was so Jeff’s doing.

So many times it happens too fast –

You change your passion for glory.

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past –

You must fight just to keep them alive.

Jeff tugged him down to the end of the bed, sitting behind him and rubbing his back, singing his harmony into his ear. And, despite how ill he felt, despite the pain in his stomach and the swelling in his throat, Nick couldn’t help but join in the chorus.

It’s the eye of the tiger,

It’s the thrill of the fight

Risin’ up to the challenge of our rivals

And the last known survivor

Stalks his prey in the night

And he’s watching us all with the eye

Of the tiger.

The Warblers danced awkwardly around the bed (it was a crowded room, alright?), clapping. When the song had finished, Nick leant back against Jeff, resting his head on his shoulder, but looked at his best friends surrounding him.

“Wow. You – and Survivor – have resurrected me.”

“Little dramatic aren’t we, babe?” Jeff teased him, ruffling his already-sleep-matted hair.

Nick smiled. “Maybe. But if you want to rehearse, you’re more than welcome to use my room.”

“Good.” Wes clapped, taking roost on Nick’s headboard. “Because I think it’s time to discuss your solo.”

Yay, future!Drabble. Sorry for the ending... RUNNING TO WORK OMG OMG OMG

Oh. Let me know who you guys want to see more of as well? Or who you like, or your favourite, or anything? Pretty pretty please?

And here we are: my very hurried drabble:

Title: Boardies

Characters: Nick, Jeff

Rustle, rustle, rustle. Scratch, scratch.

“Oh, my God, what the hell was that???”

“Relax!” Jeff rolled over in his sleeping bag, laughing, reaching an arm out for his terrified fiancé. “It’s probably just a twig on the roof.”

“Not a kangaroo?”

“Hon, kangaroo’s thump. You’ve seen one before.” They had, in fact, that very day – they were camping around Waratah Bay and had seen a whole abundance of animals in the national park area.

Nick’s bottom lip began to quiver, and Jeff pulled him into his arms. “Oh, babe, it’s okay. I’ll protect you from the big nasty tree.”

But instead of the scared and homesick tears that Jeff was, for some strange reason, expecting, Nick turned his head away and raised his hand.

Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt! Ngt’choo! Heh’ngt!

Nick rolled back around to face the Australian, laughing. “You sure it’s not the ragweed you should be protecting me from?”

“Ragweed?” Jeff frowned. “We’re in Australia, hon. Southern Hemisphere. Ragweed doesn’t exist.” He stopped in thought. “It’s probably the drop-bears. Of course. You’d be the only person in existence to be allergic to bloody drop-bears!”

“What the hell is a drop-bear? You didn’t tell me about those…?” There was a tiny flicker of fear in Nick’s eyes as Jeff pulled him in closer, nuzzling into his shoulder.

“You remember that koala we saw earlier?” Nick nodded. “Well, imagine that born in Chernobyl. They’re vicious - at least three times as big, live in gum trees, and feed on a diet of eucalyptus, Vegemite and tourists. Preferably European, though I’d imagine Americans are fairly similar.”

Nick’s bottom lip began quivering again, and Jeff was strongly reminded of back in school, when they’d come across a spider in Nick’s bathroom. Though, admittedly, that had thrown Jeff too – until he’d remembered that he was in America and the life there wasn’t all designed to kill you like it was back home.

“Lucky for you, though,” Jeff got up, rummaging through his suitcase, torch clamped between his neck and shoulder, “I know how to scare them away.” He chucked Nick a pair of boardies, before grabbing his own pair. “Put these on. Like this.” He put the shorts on top of his head like a turban.

“Really?” Nick did the same. It lasted about 5 seconds before Jeff lost it.

“Oh, babe.” He pulled Nick into an Eskimo kiss. “I’m sorry. But you look ridiculous.”

Heh’ngt! Heh’ngt!... What do you mean…?”

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist!” He ripped the pants off Nick’s head with his teeth before twisting his head and mashing their lips together. “I think a better option would be to get as much Aussie in you as possible.” He trailed a hand down Nick’s chest, through his shirt. “And I know one way to make that happen…”

omg that was just too cute for words. i am actually smiling like a huge dork right now :)

please keep writing! I love these so much.

Archived